Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos

Go down 
+2
SinTara
Tiphereth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

Alter Egos - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 pm

I dont want to rock anybodys world but does Las Vegas need its own chapter? Or do i write in the texas chapter and then someone can transfer the writings later
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:07 am

Texas is just the name for the Chapter. We could have called it 'Susan', it really has nothing to do with the chapter, other than 'one' of the settings right now happens to be Texas. I still have some characters in Chicago who may yet be making the tip as well, or they may stay in the Windy City.

If you're a writing a post for the story then do not worry about the location. As long it will all gel together its all good.

If you're writing something which is specifically just some information... like a background that is more for the entire story as a whole, then place it in the Compendium so that we can refer to it.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 am

Has enough time passed for Morgan to make her entrance yet. I don't think it has, but I'm also not sure. lol Of course, I'm easily confused too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:54 am

Well... realistically the characters have only been talking by the cabin for about ten minutes. Morgan would probably still be on route, so if she can already see the cabin, Tim, Yelena, and Wraith will need a little more time to catch up.

Also remember that if she rides the ATV to the cabin, which she probably will since, Morgan has no reason to sneak up on Tim (unless you can think of one), they will hear the noise and you will have to give us time to post their reaction to it.

Merging character lines can sometimes be a lengthy process. In our No More Dreams Story, I had to wait a for about two chapters to bring back one of my characters. The timing had to be just right, and in fact I jumped the gun a bit but thankfully it all worked out.

If I were writing Morgan right now, would be waiting for a lull in the dialog to occur... anything that would cause a lapse in time and then I would use that to venture closer. As I drew closer, I might foreshadow a little bit or use the time to develop more of the story... stuff like that. That's just me though. We all have different styles.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:52 am

Gotcha and thank you. I will practice patience. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Alter Egos - Page 11 Ruther14

Hey Lac, this picture is only 225 pixels high. It might suit you better. I can adjust the proportions more if you like.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Sin... enough time has elapsed now so that Morgan could realistically be approaching the cabin.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Thank you, Tiph
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 pm

No prob. You'll get the hang of it. A major difference between RPG Text Writing and Collaborative Storytelling is the closeness of the characters. Our characters have wider perimeters to them, and I've observed that in most RPG Text style stories, the characters are almost always in the same scene and react to queue's rather than taking the initiative to rewrite the scene. Often this because those stories are directed, but here in a free form environment the scenes are ever changing and so one has to be conscious at all times where there characters stand on the invisible time-line.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Everything was going so smoothly, guys. What happened? lol Did we get into a rut? LOL or just lost out in the Texas desert?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Thought I'd toss in some opposition. I'm sure this event shouldn't ruin Yelena's retreat, but it should at least stir things up a bit. It just seemed appropriate for some mayhem at this part of the story.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:32 pm

I posted a reply. Hope it wasn't too much. If it was, shoot me a line and I'll tone it down a bit.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 pm

changed my post a little bit. I think this works better for the setting.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 am

Well I could be mistaken... although I am quite methodical... but at the Jack Rabbit, the bikers only mentioned they were looking for 'blue pick-up truck and a couple of their friends.' Morgan would only know that's what they were looking for originally.

Also I wrote they're going slow due to the rough terrain. They're not on dirt bikes so they can't ride too fast, but they are approaching from all directions, some are even working their way around to the back of the cabin... surrounding it.

Now I don't know if everyone subscribes to basic 'Meta-human' lore, but they are physically stronger and faster than normal Humans... some more so than others... but in general they are quicker. Not bullet dodging quick, of course, but possess a physical prowess that gives them the advantage, especially when they are well trained. I always portray that meta-humans see like a cat... not the light sensitivity thing... but a cat sees far more frames of motion at time than we do, they can see a moth's wings flapping back and forth. That's why they can snatch flies out of the air easily.

Twenty bikers armed with guns is still a challenge, but if the characters keep their wits about them they should be able to stand their ground.

The bikers are convinced their drugs are at Tim's cabin, plus they want to get the big blonde guy who physically pommeled one of their members.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 am

okay, well is my post okay? And, I mentioned that Morgan didn't know about the Timbles' ranch or the blue truck. Didn't know if you'd caught onto that. Also, you mentioned the 'Meta-Human' lore on being stronger and faster. Would this apply to Morgan seeing as her ability is with animals and now insects?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but that was already a given. There is no need blatantly write that, it would have been better to mention that she recalled the bikers at the jack rabbit were looking for a blue truck and left it at that. It makes more sense to draw some parallels rather than stating the obvious.

The way it is written right now can easily be taken out of context. That's all. Really not a big deal, but it DID confuse me.

ALL Meta-humans are physically stronger than a Human. Not HULK strength, but they're significantly more agile and can lift more than an average Human of their size. It has nothing to do with their extra meta-abilities. It's old school comic book lore. These enhancements are NOT so noticeable, however, that someone unaware that they were a meta-human would stand out unless they were doing something physical. If a meta never played any sports or pushed themselves physically the heightened abilities could easily go unnoticed.

I was just mentioning it, because when it comes to physical confrontations. A Meta fighting a Human who is roughly the same size as them will always come out on top unless that Human really knows how to fight well. In Morgan's case, because she's quite small, its anyone's game, but she should be able to hold her own when fighting your average Human thug. It would get a little trickier fighting multiple foes, though... that's where the character had to use their head.

With Yelena's character it has been established that she known for her heightened strength, which I always take to mean that she is on the stronger side. It has also already been portrayed that she is more than capable of dealing with multiple opponents.

Since Morgan had never been portrayed yet that she has been an overly physical person she probably wouldn't turn into a ninja over night or even during a lay off. Super-hero types usually become more super when facing live opponents or training with other super-heroes or comparable Humans. I realize that you are transforming her into more of a mature hero type so I was just trying to provide some insight into the inevitable confrontations that Morgan is most likely going to encounter.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 am

Her battle with Sasha would have probably given Morgan some insights into her heightened physical abilities. It would make sense now if she were more confident when standing up to an opponent in melee. Unless she's fighting a monster of a man, it would be realistic that she would hold her own.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 am

Okay, thank you, Tiph. It does help me understand better just how meta's work and where to go with Morgan and how fast. I can change that part of my post if you wish, it's not a problem for me and if it makes for better reading then perhaps I should. Morgan has trained more while on the reservation, but it was more training of her abilities than actual fighting, although her aunt and uncle did touch on that, just not in depth. The only she got the upper hand on Sasha/Frank was with the help of the animals.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 am

Although, I hadn't thought about her defeating Sasha/Frank making her aware of her heightened physical abilities. It would make her more confident in that area, to a point.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:12 am

Yes... to a point.

It's entirely up to you how you would like to portray her abilities. Not everyone subscribes to Meta's just naturally being physically enhanced, but in the 'comic world' and 'super-hero genre' they are almost always a little faster and stronger than normal people, giving them an advantage in physical confrontations, but of course, some knowledge in fighting kind of helps too.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:37 am

Exactly Tiph, that is why I established Tim's fighting abilities being due to him having been a U. S. Navy Seal and a policeman. I will try a get a post in today at some point. Been a hectic week and the weeken looks to be just as busy. We are having an offshore powerboat race this weekend here on The Lake Of The Ozarks, "The Lake Of The Ozarks Shoot Out", and I volunteered to man one of the Rescue / Patrol boats. www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah... enhanced abilities don't make you Bruce Lee. In fight with someone who is a mediocre fighter they'll give you the advantage but against someone who knows what they're doing doing it's not going to matter. Exceptions to these rules are super-heroes like 'Spider-man', he's so fast and strong, which when combined with this sixth sense and super-agility turn him into an incredible fighter. Your average META-HUMAN has to work at being super.

WOW! That LAKE OF THE OZARKS SHOOTOUT looks amazing! Awesome advertisements too (I always notice that kind of thing).

The boats are HUGE! We get some racing boats up here, but by comparison I think they are half the size. My oldest boy would go nuts watching that! Have fun! Should be a blast!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 am

Okay, not to be a stickler or anything like that, but Yelena and Wraith saw that Morgan was out front, did Tim not notice her or hear her ATV? I'm kind of confused on what to do with Morgan. I was under the impression that if Yelena and Wraith saw her then Tim did to, but he hasn't seemed to notice that she's there. Just need clarification so that I know what direction to move her in.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 am

Tim is not sure if the woman is Morgan or Sasha, his main concern right now is the bikers. They logically pose the greater threat right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 am

That totally makes sense and is 'very in character' for Tim.

I'll do a response for the leader of the Venom bike gang, then once that's established you guys can use him like an NPC. Probably shouldn't kill him off too quickly see's he's the leader and the toughest guy out of them. The rest of the bikers a canon fodder. Write them accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next