Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos

Go down 
+2
SinTara
Tiphereth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Alter Egos - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:18 am

Twisted Evil Nice Lac! Love it when Cowboy blows stuff up! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 am

He tries not to be too dramatic but he does love explosions Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:19 am

What about the small barn? Is it wired as well?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:25 am

No not with the same charges. It is wired seperately. But it may sustain damage from the blast
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:02 am

okay, thanks dann
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks for the side note Lac... but there's really no need. We all know that Tim's incredibly paranoid, and I would have been surprised if he didn't have a back up plan. That's the beauty of richness of character that their longevity in the story has generated.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:49 pm

wasn't sure how much damage would be done to the barn. If I overdid it, let me know and I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:58 pm

The barn would have definitely been jarred by the blast. Meta-human - Heroes, though, for the most part tend not to get injured as much 'normal' people. They're heroes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Post has been changed. :-)
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Threw in one more survivor just to keep Morgan on her toes. I always consider all sub-character's, community characters and up for grabs by anyone unless stated otherwise so Viking's basically an NPC to add some meat to the story. As written, he could care less about women, so he can't be charmed or distracted... in fact that would just piss him off even more.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am

Excellant Tiph, I would think that at least one more biker would have survived the blasts. Some may be fairly mangled but would still survive.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 am

Oh... for sure. I was just writing from the perspective of the bikers. To them it would probably seem that they are 'the last man standing'. Anyone is of course welcome to create adversaries where they want them. As you said though, they'll be kinda banged up and not that much of a challenge. There's most likely a few limping about, trying to find a bike to hightail it back to Ropesville or possibly looking to get some payback.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Okay....this is probably the most stupid question I've ever asked in here but I'm going to ask it anyway. Just to be sure, did I do something wrong RP or are you just playing out your character in being pissed at Morgan?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:02 pm

I can't speak for RPM, but in my opinion its all role-playing, Sin.

Here's the cheese. This is a story called... 'Heroes'.... this more or less implies what the theme is, and despite the fact that all of our main characters may have some problems, they all are in fact... heroes. So far, Morgan tends to come across as more of a victim at times, which I assume is the way you've chosen to write her. Nothing wrong with having skeleton's in the closet, and a few issues, but the fact remains that all the main characters should either be striving to be heroic and make a difference... or just the opposite, a villain seeking to bring down society and fight what the heroes represent.

There are shades of grey... but in this story one's either a villain or a hero. My impression of Morgan is that she is teetering on the edge of being a villain, which is cool, but our 'heroic' main characters are in turn going to, more or less, view her as a villain and react accordingly.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Okay....like I said...it is probably one of the stupidest questions I've asked in here yet. LOL Problem is, I'm truly not sure how to write a 'hero'. I mean, Morgan really hasn't done anything heroic. She's just a girl who happens to have been born with mutated abilities. She wants to do good.....but now she has the Sasha thing to contend with and is fighting to not head in the wrong direction. She's hoping that Wraith can figure something out to seperate her and Sasha. So, any advice on how I should play her would be great. I'm really no longer trying to play her as a victim so much as a meta human girl who just wants to find her place, whether it be with Tim and his ranch or somewhere else. And, she definately does not want to be a villain, but again, every time she hears Sasha and Frank's voices, she is pulled. Am I making any sense?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 am

Totally... Morgan does, however, in my opinion have to try to exhibit some strength and deal with her dual personalities in a heroic manner. I think, the schizophrenic-like condition is a great disadvantage to give a character, but such a hindrance needs to be balanced by some heroism. Nothing wrong with role-playing a 'scared child' but a main character in this story line is usually more assertive.

The keyword is 'main-character'. Because, Morgan is a central character the story revolves around her and thus it flows with her and she with it, just like any other. In this story the main characters are not the victims... victims are usually sub-characters or non-player characters that we throw in to enhance the story and make our characters heroic. I cannot stress enough that the theme of a 'super-hero' story like this one is reliant upon the characters rising to the occasion. How you do that is up to you. Morgan has developed into a complex character, which is great, but now she has to step up to the plate, hit the ball and take a base.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 am

Okay, sounds like I need to add a little more substance to Morgan.....as in more training on hand to hand fighting that would have been taught to her while she was resting and healing on the reservation with her Aunt Jackie. She would had to have learned how to defend herself without using animals as they wouldn't always be available to use or in a situation where it would be wise to use them. So....I will start to think upon that so that when the time arises, she will be able to step up to the plate.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:41 am

Sounds good. Nothing wrong with maintaining a certain amount of naivety... it's just about rising to the occasion... that's really the only way I know how to put it. Let's face it, Morgan is at a different stage than the others, she is still at that point of self discovery, so that would naturally make it difficult for the characters to mesh. When our own characters encounter, Morgan we have to write them appropriately, and because most of them fit into the typical 'ex-super-hero' mold they're not going to mix that well. You'll just have go along with it and see where Morgan takes you... really, that's part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 pm

It's all in character, Sin. Yelena is certain of two things right now: Morgan is the last person Tim wants to see right now and all the trouble didn't start until Morgan showed up.

There's a history between Yelena and Tim that we are elaborating to in this thread but haven't gotten around to letting that history be completely known just yet. They were extremely close at one time. Yelena spent a great deal of time with Tim and his family and grew to know Tim as a brother. that's why at times they have a tendency to fuss and argue with each other sometimes almost to the point of trading punches but in the end, they know they have each other's back in a bad situation.

Since Yelena doesn't know Morgan, she can't trust her especially considering everything that happened in Chicago. Plus Yelena thinks Morgan is still suffering from 'poor me' syndrome and not being as strong as Yelena knows Morgan CAN be if she were to dig deep down inside of herself. Morgan still has yet to prove herself worthy of Yelena's trust and until she can, Yelena will not be all that nice to her.

Nothing personal, Sin. it's just who Yelena is, sugar
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks RP. Like I told Tiph....that is probably the stupidest question I've asked here yet. LOL I think Yelena is going to begin to see a new Morgan start to emerge if Tim allows her to stay. A Morgan that isn't always as nice and compassionate as she used to be.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Yelena's a BITCH... but we love her anyway. Laughing

We all get pretty much into the heads of our characters when we write Sin. I know in my case its 100% roleplaying, I basically let the personalities of the character I'm writing take the lead. Some of my characters are like 'me' some aren't, irregardless of this fact I write their reactions as realistically as possible.

When you strive to stay in character you never really know what's going to happen. Sure we're writing within the confines of a loose plot, you need a shell, but the characters are driven by the personalities that we've given them. Before I consider anything else I write Wraith just as he would actually react the see where it goes... its that simple. Life isn't always a bed roses, where's the fun in that? Our characters are not going to get along all the time... its just a fact.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 am

Question Lac, in your recent post.....is that a post of what was going on before Wraith went to the line shack or is the barn your speaking about the one at the line shack. If the barn you drove out of is the one at the line shack, then wouldn't Tim and Yelena have seen Morgan talking to Wraith? Again, easily confused here. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 am

Lac was just bailing me out on the account that Wraith might not have heard the scuffle as easily as I had imagined. I had no idea what the setting looked like. Basically, Tim and Yelena whether they heard the same thing or not kept going... mainly since Wraith took off flying.

We will assume that they existed simultaneously with the fight so they took little notice of what was going on behind them. It's a choppy cross over, so we'll just go with the fact that where the jeep emerged from the underground passage was obscured from Morgan.

That should smooth things over.

It's tough to have character cross-overs when the settings are not well defined. I should have made sure I knew where Wraith, Tim and Yelena were before I added to the story. I honestly wasn't sure whether we were above ground or above.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:12 pm

LOL Okay....not a problem. Just wanted to make sure where everyone was at. So, does this mean that Morgan would have heard the jeep or seen it, but they wouldn't have seen her or neither? Just want to know so I know what to write.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:17 pm

We can assume that she would have been able to hear the jeep... probably even see its dust far off behind Wraith. I am still not sure if Tim and Yelena are going to swing back for Wraith... it's debatable since its not really necessary. He can just take flight and catch up with them, and they know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next