Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos

Go down 
+2
SinTara
Tiphereth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Alter Egos - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Okay, I will write accordingly. Thank you for the info and explanation.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Sure... no worries. Sometimes a little OOC discussion is required to keep things running smoothly.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Tiphereth wrote:
Yelena's a BITCH... but we love her anyway. Laughing

Why thank you.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 am

So until the return of RPM, Sin and I are writing off on a tangent. Right now, Wraith and Morgan are going to deal with Doctor Jacobson and their own problems related to Barr. Since, Harely's network is pretty widespread there's more than enough bad guys to go round I figure.

Lac, if you're itching for some action just jump in when the time is right, otherwise, Tim's own part of the story concerning Harely's vengeance will still remain very much active as it is directly related to the missing truck full of drugs.

I still have to add to the story concerning, Roy and Mitchell. Time wise, they are probably returning to Arnett right as the fire in Stubby's garage (which is behind the Jack Rabbit) is starting to burn.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 am

I thought I would wait a bit to post until RPM returns, although I might take post a little something in the interem, regarding Henery, I'm working that out in my head. ........... I too thought that the best move was to let Roy and Mitchell discover Stubby's plight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:13 am

This is beginning to remind me of 'My Fair Lady'. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:22 am

Very Happy A little, yes. I just hope, Toril doesn't end up becoming too much like Higgins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:24 am

I took the liberty of slipping in a little schizophrenic episode. Since, its a condition that it is somewhat out of the characters control I thought it only fitting to incorporate it into the general writing (when appropriate).
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:28 am

There... that ought 'a keep everyone on their toes.

Henkel and Jameson will probably be heading down to Texas. Whether or not, Kaleb has been briefed on Wraith's true identity is unknown at this point... more fun that way. Twisted Evil

I checked the flights... seems there's a direct from Chicago to Lubbock, but R.A.I.D. and the military are keeping the entire city quarantined with a 'all violators will be shot' policy. Just another reason why the rest of the States is relatively unaware of just how serious the situation really is. They don't want to televise citizen's being shot.

Henkel and Jameson have some R.A.I.D. connections though, which, they might utilize to get out the city... we'll see.

I am assuming that Henkel would have some way to contact, Romanolf Chikinsky, in order to exchange information, perhaps an email address... that would be the most covert. Exchanging cell phone numbers these days is like giving someone access to a tracking device. Of course most of our characters have untraceable mobiles... but based on the length of a person's conversation just about any signal can be traced, of course. I would also imagine that tracing technology, due to the fact that cell phone's use towers, is actually a lot quicker. The old land line is still the safest to talk on. That's why I feel that an encrypted email address still allows one to remain fairly anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 am

So I guess I could have spent a little more time with the 'break in', but I was being realistic. It's pretty difficult to bypass alarms when you're not practiced at it and from Wraith's stand point, Morgan is a long for back up and an extra pair of eyes as he suspects that R.A.I.D. is lurking around.... which they will be. Twisted Evil

It's up to you, whether or not, Morgan is going to try and get into the building. If she does, try and keep realistic. I would imagine that like most building's the Plant Sciences has it's weak points, but to find them usually takes quite a bit of time... time that Wraith didn't want to take, since he figured that by the time he found a way in, he could probably be in and out.

It's nice to throw luck at our characters... but I always believe that it is best saved for intense situations. It just seems to convenient when used for things like breaking into a building, which is commonly a specialized skill that some characters excel at. When a character not adept at certain things, easily does them, it detracts from those characters which have the necessary skills. Make sense?

That's why the writing has to be REALLY creative when someone is trying to pull something off that their character is not skilled in.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:32 am

Thank you for explaining things, Tiph. I was wondering just what I was going to have Morgan do. I will do my best but if I don't get it the way it should be, let me know and corrections will be made. Very Happy Here it goes. btw, I have no clue as to what weak spots a building would have. LOL
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:47 am

I stopped where I did because I wasn't quite sure how to carry it out. I was going really good and suddenly went blank. Since I really liked what I wrote, I went ahead and posted it. Seeing the thermal imagery of her leg, would the enforcer call it in, or would he, in his own arrogance, check it out first to see if he needed back-up? I would assume that he would be able to tell by the shape that it was female, but am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:02 am

That was fine... from my stand point it seems like you're caught in between the story tell and role play. I understand why you paused where you did... but don't worry about letting the story run awry. The RAID enforcer is a 'community character'... they just about always are. When a community character is remaining rather 'generic', any writer can just up and move them along. If 'NPC's' stayed in the control of the one who introduced them, the story would soon die... other writers have to manipulate them in order for their own major character's to move ahead. As you observed, I actually manipulated your character somewhat to write the scene. Don't hesitate to do the same.

It's all about getting a feel for the other characters in the story and the plot line.

Right now, what are the RAID Enforcers doing? Many things have been established thus far, but the foremost factor is Doctor Jacobson and his connection to the serum that is being distributed by UMBRA in Chicago. Wraith is there to find information about it. It has also been determined that RAID is most likely behind the whole scheme. So we have a conspiracy going on.

RAID's presence at the Plant Sciences building has to be connected to Doctor Jacobson. If one of the Enforcers was making a perimeter check, then one can assume that they are on patrol and have the building staked out.

Establishing that as guide, you have now set your boundaries for Morgan's role in the current part of the story. The boundaries are of course, loose. If you want to toss in some other things, that is your prerogative.

No doubt I could simplify this more... sorry about that.

Basically, just write away... trust you assumptions. If you are not sure about something, be vague in your descriptions. In short, even though I introduced a RAID enforcer I have no intentions whatsoever of exclusively running him or RAID in general. It's an element of the story that has to be accommodated for in any way that the other writers see fit. Sometimes people just choose to ignore these elements... which is their right... so they bypass them in a believable fashion. Just follow your instincts... Smile
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:24 am

Alter Egos - Page 13 Morgan12Okay, I think that works, although still unsure as how to get Morgan into the building. LOL If this doesn't work, I can always edit it...not a problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Cool... Collaborative Storytelling, in my opinion is letting the cards fall where they may. The only time edit's are necessary is when a writer is REALLY off in their portrayal of a main or sub character, OR just completely misinterpreted the setting and/or current plot line. As long as a writer is near the mark there should be no worries.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh, and generally RAID Enforcers are really tough. They are highly trained fighters... often the cream of the crop... BUT as you said the guy was NEW... I am taking that as RAID might be taking on recruits who may not be up to par... but that is totally realistic... happens all the time in city police forces.

The way Morgan, took out the Enforcer would be the way she would take out your average cop. The armour of the Enforcer would most likely retard her blows a little more and I am not sure if her kick's are quite strong enough to cause enough impact that as to kill a person wearing protective head gear. It is possible though... especially if the the opponent is not defending themselves as was portrayed... so its all good.

Just remember that RAID enforcers are feared by Meta-humans for a good reason. They are not easily taken out. They are also as well trained, if not more, than marines, in fact some them probably were marines who chose to serve their country through RAID.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Just a side note... one of her kicks would definitely disorient a man wearing helmet if she made a good connection... possibly even knock them out... it's just killing part. Perhaps if caught at a bad angle their neck could break, but I wouldn't say that would be a common result.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Oh... I've done some fighting so I know what I am talking about. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to actually hit someone, 'flush', during a fight. Quite often, you are just as surprised as your opponent when it happens.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Okay..glad I didn't go too far off the mark, but I will edit it and have him unconscious instead of dead. That does make more sense in the long run anyway.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Okay, that's definately better.....I hope. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Cool... yeah that makes a little more sense, but how you develop your character is up to you... but the keyword here is 'develop'. As your character is basically a "Meta in training", it is up to you how she develops. If you want her to be strong enough to crack a helmet there's no problem with that... except that even though she is becoming aware of 'new strengths'... going through her life and not noticing she was stronger than a bear would be kind of hard to swing.

Wraith is as strong as bear, perhaps even a little more so, and its questionable whether he could bash through protective head gear.

Morgan could go through some other transformation though... its up to you. You just have to develop it in the story.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 am

Wow.....have I really portrayed Morgan as such a high maintenance being? Reading back over the former posts, I guess I have. LOL This should prove to be very interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:58 am

Okay, at the risk of sounding really, really stupid, I am drawing a complete blank as to what Morgan is supposed to do. I don't want you to tell me what I'm to have to do, just some suggestions. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 am

Hehe... there is no right or wrong choice here. Just do what you believe Morgan would do in that situation. Wraith never let her know where he was going in the building, but she would realize that he was originally looking for Jacobson's office.

Is Wraith trapped in the room? She has no idea, but she does have some knowledge of his abilities and what they can do.

You just gotta get in Morgan's head... and see only the things that she would and go from there. That is true role playing... and in our collaborative writing environment, so long as people stay true to their characters and write within the parameters that have been set in the story, you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos   Alter Egos - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next