Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED

Go down 
+6
Kynnzak
Tiphereth
KasaiYoukai
Admin
Lac'Nal
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Empty
PostSubject: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:36 pm

By the way, I think it's supposed to be "Escape TO Troy" heheheh.

But actually, maybe we should have a new chapter title, since they have successfully escaped to Troy. Something about their rescue mission?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 am

I by no means want to throw cold water on this thread, but reality is reality. I was wondering if perhaps we should put the rescue mission on hold until we find out who from across the cyber-waters in going to join us. We can always pick up the pieces latter and continue the story with a different mission. Just thinking out loud, or would it be typing outloud?

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Having sausages for fingers which causes typos and fingers that move faster than the brain works.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am

Tis a good point. But now it looks like Socks is back, so we can still rescue his character, at least. Also, I checked back at the Nines and it looks like Kasai might be coming over...

As you said, we'll just see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 am

Yes it does seem Socks is back and hopefully Kasi will too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am

Yes... I agree, any of you should be able to change the title of the story.

How about: "Rescue in the Big Apple" or something like that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bifrost-bridge.com
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Of course I'm coming over! I could never leave this place! It's my sanity!! alien I just had to escape the evil clutches of the work computer... not that I *ever* post at work... Very Happy

As for the future of this thread... as much as I'd hate to put it on hold, I think it has hit a bit of a snag... I know I mentioned earlier I was reluctant to post because Algorithm hadn't been back and his character was supposed to be rather pivotal in the mission... also I didn't want to step on any toes :-\

If you want to continue on a different mission though and just come back to this one, I'm all for it, personally. As long as this thread is going I am happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Welcome back to the insanity, i am open to any suggestions as to what to do.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:44 pm

As long as people want to keep this thread going, I'm sure it can be done. Time to get creative!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:47 am

Just an evil thought here, and not to slight the "awsome" Robert in the least. But what if we wait to rescue him (1) use Algorithm's character as an NPC until he returns and continue on with the mission as planed; (2) as they are transporting him to the secure prison; (3) Rescue him after he is in the secure prison.; or (4) ( Personaly my least favorite ) sit and wait to see if Algorithm returns leaving Robert in limbo and continue on another mission.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:06 pm

I like 1 and 3 personally ^.^
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:46 pm

I think an attempt to rescue DiVinne in transit would be excellent idea! The hospital is really locked down, and realistically the heroes would consider putting innocent patients in danger.

R.A.I.D. suspects that a rescue attempt will be made so they will have heavy security, and probably move DiVinne in an armoured ambulance designed for transporting dangerous criminals or something like that. I also think that Rutherford would prefer to be out open and able to use his vehicle.

I have a little sub-plot in mind to initiate this, but I feel it is best to keep in the dark about it, as the element of surprise would really add to everything. And do you really want to know, anyway? Although, Vaudeville knows, I had to discuss with someone, and I will rely upon her wisdom to give me the go or stay, if we agree to this course of action.

So, do you want to go with a rescue on the streets of New York?
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm for pretty much anything so long as the thread continues alien
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:07 pm

'So it is written! So shall it be done!"

I have already concocted the detention centre and some of the characters, so I will put something together and set the stage.

We just need to figure out a way to have the heroes learn that DiVinne is being moved prematurely. It has to be believable and true to their characters. It would make sense that they would still go to New York on the premise of infiltrating the hospital.

Most likely they would send a scout before rushing in. If we go that route, we could wing it from their and set the stage for the transport of DiVinne.

Does this sound cool?
Back to top Go down
Kynnzak

Kynnzak

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 pm

IF my Jeb Corvus character is accepted, the story could evolve around Jeb's interview at the hospital and his witnessing of the transport of Divinne. Realizing that there's something not quite right, Jeb can "intervene" and meet up with the other heroes as he's trying to get Divinne out of the building.

Just a thought. . . .
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I love the character, I use to watch Mutant X just for kicks. And Jesse's character had the coolest power, but it was soooo under-played. My character Wraith has a slightly similar power in origin, but he applies it completely differently.

Hmmm... Toril (Wraith) right now, has a fake I.D. for the genetics department. He is a geneticist and the thus he can believably play the role. He is has not yet used, nor is he sure it is wise.

Right now the hospital is crawling with RAID enforcers, and they will probably be a little suspicious of any new employees in the hospital until DiVinne is moved.

How would you like to have your guy work for Beacon? The are a powerful, hidden, organization that is secretly working to make the world a better place for meta-humans. Wraith was steered to New York by one of their controllers. Perhaps, they could have approached him at one point but he refused to join but they kept tabs on him.

That's just off the top of my head and simply a suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 am

Welcome aboard Kynnzak I like the character and I also like your idea Tiph. I say "So it it written. So it shall be done."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:35 am

I think attempting to get Robert while he's in transit is an excellent idea. Yelena could easily infiltrate the ranks by becoming one of them. With the transmiters each of the original members wear everyone can track her movements in the different vehicles they use.

It would also be the prime opportunity to introduce Toril and Jeb into the mix.

When this finally gets hopping, I would like to see us post in a specific order to give each writer the opportunity to contribute equally. The characters in this particular story have unique, special abilities and I think it's important we allow each of the character's creater to show what their character can do in a sticky situation.

It will mean the thread will be moving slow, but I'd rather have it moving slower to allow all of us the chance to highlight our characters than not move at all or get us so confused we get frustrated and throw our hands up in the air.

We'll have to determine the order when we start posting but does everyone agree to that?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:28 am

Well let's see...

The difficult thing is that there is no real connection between the heroes and Beacon has no idea where they are, but they know where Jeb and Toril are.

Jeb's arrival onto the scene would be a gift wrapped present for Beacon and so they would try and contact him to recruit him into this madness. He would then be partnered up with Toril.

Now Beacon knows the heroes are coming, they just don't know when or where, but they do know that DiVinne is being moved, so the only way that they could attempt to have Jeb and Toril meet up with the others is to plant them in the hospital and hope for the best.

So, either way there has to be scout, namely Yelena sent into the hospital to learn what is happening about DiVinne.

I will lead off with a little post about Beacon, contacting Jeb and telling him the situation. He then has the choice to run things as he sees fit.

Then with that established Yelena and the others can go at anytime, because Kev and I will just coordinate our posts with your actions... for example, Kev can arrange for his interview to coincide with her infiltration, and I can have Toril working under his false I.D.

Does that pattern work?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am

Works great for me. WE'd have to wait for your post anyway to set the pendulem in motion so when ever you get that up, we'll move accordingly.

Take your time. We'll post when we can.
Back to top Go down
Kynnzak

Kynnzak

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 am

Me likey.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:37 am

Nice...

So here's just a clarification:

We are two separate groups that will meet at a common point in the story, that point will be Yelena's scouting mission into the hospital. Really, up until that point, we can write in any order we want.

Kev and I write our corresponding dialogues, and the other's can about as usual. Since we are all writing toward a common goal we will naturally converge. As we near the point where Yelena will enter the hospital both Jeb's and Toril's posts will be on hold until Deb, sets the stage for that part of the story.

After a chance meeting occurs... and this can happen in anyway, any of us sees fit. We just have to be aware that we cannot blow our cover. So right now we can just write away within those constraints.

The meeting of Yelena with Jeb and Toril is pivotal because the information of DiVinne's discharge has already been discussed and his move will be highly classified. Now, perhaps Yelena would be able to shape shift her way to the man in charge, I don't know, but I am not sure if she know's who that it is. Either way, the hospital staff would be in the dark.

I believe RAID has that much power, I mean they can boss around the F.B.I.

So Yelena (and Jeb and Toril) will be entering very hostile territory. RAID is expecting meta-humans to rescue DiVinne so they are taking every precaution possible, and I already established a little paranoia of shape-shifters, as recalled by this event with Birkshire:

"Thank you, Agent Birkshire." Said the Enforcer, who actually personally knew the Supervisor, but R.A.I.D. was always on guard against infiltration from meta-humans and over the years they discovered mutations that enabled anything from a chameleon-like defense mechanism to the complete duplication of another organism.

Getting information from RAID will be very dangerous, and so Jeb's information that he will receive from Beacon may end up being the only way they will discover the move. I say, may, because we should leave that part open. We have to arrange a meeting between the characters, but I do not want to stifle anyone's creativity and I love surprises!

So, I just need Kev to PM me with some current information on Jeb, specifically where he is living at the moment, a brief description of his dwelling... this could even be done in an introductory post to set the stage for the character. (that would probably be better).
Back to top Go down
Kynnzak

Kynnzak

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Stop reading my mind!!!

My first post was going to be Jeb preparing to go to his interview, and being "interecepted" by Beacon.

I need to know some more info about Beacon to make it plausible, but that was my musings on the subject. . . .
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Ahhhhh... I had a feeling we may be on the same, wave length, it is not as uncommon as one might think, at least, it happens to me all the time.

I was going to throw in the Beacon thing, but by all means have fun and write it.

This is one of the big head guys in Beacon:

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Surge_beacon

He is Russian born, but an American citizen. He has a very, slight almost imperceptible accent that sounds more like an ethnic inflection. He is a powerful, electrical meta-human that can black out a city sector with an EMP if he so chose, his powers are still growing and he has to take medication to control them, eventually he may just lose control... and who knows what will happen. That's a ways off though.

The only way you can get to know the character is to read the old posts:

I'll make a post in the Heroes to accommodate old Character References.
Just peruse them and look for references to Vacily.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:05 pm

So this is where Toril is and the name he is using:

It was nearing quarter to four in the morning when Toril checked into a Super 8 Motel in North Bergen under the false name Roy Deckard. He paid for his occupancy with his fake company card, unloaded all of his gear into a room with two double beds then flopped down on one of them and was asleep in a matter of minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED   Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alter Egos: OOC Chat - ARCHIVED
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next