Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Hall of Heroes - OOC

Go down 
+4
RPMistress
Tiphereth
Admin
Vaudeville
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:17 am

So, can we put that vast island to the east of Middle-Earth? That would fit in really well with the current location of the characters and prolong the journey a while. At your discretion we could of course do some time lapses to cover great distances.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:45 pm

I thought I would create a more accurate depiction of Tiphereth. Essentially he is an Elf in the Tolkien sense, but from where he is from, some exist more in the 'Phaerie Realm' than others. His race the Deithir are Phaeire, but in his world there are the Daeyel who would be very similar to the Sindar and Noldor Elves.

As I mentioned aside from his odd eyes, Elves would know him not to be of their kind, because his build is rather muscular in comparison.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Would he be more of a Fae like Morgana Le Fey then?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Okay, do I fall through the opening or find it and enter? Also, I have no clue how to speak elvish and I know very little about dwarves, except that they are cantankerous and like the dark underground. So, if I make mistakes, let me know, I'll ask what I need to to correct it. LOL This is more detailed than what I'm used to, but I'm lovin' it. LOL
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:19 pm

You don't need to know how to speak or write Elvish. Dann and I use online translators just for something different.

If you want to specify Brianna is speaking Elven, then just write it in the post like we do any other time. Like so:

Brianna, using the Elvish language she had been taught from an early age, spoke to Lac.

"Hello. What is your name?"

No need to worry about getting too technical. LOOL
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Gotcha, thanks. I will check out previous posts and see how Brianna is going to wind up entering the caves, unless you or Lac have in mind what you want me to do.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:31 pm

In the new topic, the World of Gladsheim, you will find some of the Elvish languages in the Elven write up. Fox, probably would know a little Elvish, perhaps a little Sindarin or Quenya.

I think Lac meant that, Fox would be in the room that we ran into. Brianna would probably have been exploring and got trapped in the caves and isn't exactly sure how to get out or just what she was specifically getting into.

Tiphereth would be like a Fae, or Faerie. Where he is from, they do not use the letter 'F' commonly, so they are called Phaerie. In Arkauld there is a natural evolution slowly occuring where the Phaerie are becoming more like mortals, those in between the realm of Phaerie and the world of the Aethiad (Men) are known as Saedrie, which is what the Middle Earth Elves would be considered to be in his world/land.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I did a post, hope it works. Let me know if corrections need to be made.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:36 pm

It was perfect, Sin! We can really work with that!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Cool. Glad it worked.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 am

I was thinking that it might be fitting for Alrick to make a last stand here against the Balrog. Would that be appropriate? I am not thinking it would end in his demise, but rather an epic struggle. To the character's it would appear to be the end of Alrick, but when and if Vaudeville should return he could then be brought back after his battle with the Balrog.

What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:24 am

Actually I was thinking along the same lines. Although I am beginning to think that Vaudeville may not return. We will leave it that he became locked in a battle with the Balog. I also think it time for us to exit the mines. I think we all need to move on to other places and rest as best we can. Will give Brianna a chance to develop her relationship with us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:37 am

Yes, it would be a very noble way to relieve us of the character.

Once we are out of the East Gate, we will enter the Valley of Azanulbizar.

The Battle of Azanulbizar (Third Age 2799) was the penultimate battle in the War of the Dwarves and Orcs. It was fought beneath the East-gate of Moria in the valley of Azanulbizar, called Nanduhirion in Sindarin or Dimrill Dale in Westron. Therefore the event is also known as the Battle of Nanduhirion and the Battle of Dimrill Dale.

Looking at the map, if we pressed eastward, we would go through the valley and eventually reach the river Anduin. That may be a good place to rest. There is no way that the horses could stayed with the characters so we will all be on foot, so the river may might be attainable within a day.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 am

Ssinjin released the horses before we entered the tomb hall so they are losst to us, especially Lightning to Lac, unless we can figure out a way that they escaped. It will be a loss but on foot will be better for now. Once we get to Oron_D_Naar we can obtain new mounts. This tale does NOT end in Oron_D_Naar. At least not yet it will eventually but we have many more battles and adventures before peace finnaly come to all the free lands.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:00 am

Oh, yes. Of that I was sure and it will very interesting indeed to explore a new land that is 'Middle-Earth-esque', yet with it's own landscapes and history.

I suppose you can plan out our journey based on specific landmarks. We can stop off at Mirkwood and some other places.

Oh, if you feel the group really needs rest, there is Lothlorien. We can rest there, and then take the Silverlode tributary to Anduin. Although, I do believe that Jin would not be received very well there. The Elves may loose their arrows at the sight of a Dark Elf.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:04 am

Oh, in fact Elves in general may also sense the dark origins of Tiphereth's kind and he might end up being challenged. In his land his kind have paid their dues and our now well received, but in Middle Earth, the Elves may only see a shadowy form of themselves, not unlike a Drow.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 am

Lothlorien may be interesting I am sure they would test Lac's diplomatic skills but it cannont be worse than a dwarf entering thier lands. I would think once Lac explained what he knows and suspects all will be tense but well. Ssinjin will undoubtedly be watched closely, and only allowed limited access to the wonders there at first. Although Lac is highly respected and trusted among the Elves
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

So since, RPM has been handling Alrick, she should write up his 'NOBLE SACRIFICE'. Perhaps something a little different than Gandalf's last stand. I always thought it a major flaw in the movie that the Balrog just didn't start flying. There seemed enough room for the creature to flap his wings, but perhaps a Balrog's wings are only meant for gliding, I dunno.

In our scenario there in fact does seem to be enough room for the Balrog to fly so, Alrick would have to force down the creature back into the abyss, I imagine, but we'll see what RPM comes with. The battle should be amazing.

Balrogs are like gods. Dragons fear them, and Gandalf's epic battle with 'The Balrog' (There is actually more than one and they are called Balrogs) took 10 days.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 pm

I'll (hopefully) write up a post that will do the story justice and make Amanda proud.

I will alude to Alrick's demise, but make it merely speculation and leave a very wide door open for her to easily pick a point where young Alrick can re-enter the fray later down the road.

Ssinjin would most likely be kept under constant guard in Lothlorien. Even with Lac's diplomatic ties. They would not trust her out of their constant vigil. Same with Tiphereth. If they sensed anything dark about him, they will have him under constant survelance.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were to be 'guests' of the local law enforcement establishment while they are there. Even if overnight. And of course they will be required to hand over their weapons. But since Tiph's turn into sigils on his person, they would think him unarmed for the most part other than what they COULD see.

Jin, on the other hand, would be stripped of her cloak and the leather straps that hold her daggers on her torso. She wouldn't be too fond of such a thing, but with some encouragement, she could be pursuaded to hand them over as long as they were handed over to someone she trusted.

The Balgro couldn't 'fly' as birds do. They, like dragons, glided on air currents. Their bodies were too heavy to actually lift them off the ground and fly so therefore they were merely able to jump from tall points and ease their way down or up on the warm and cool currents of air. While dragons could use their powerful legs to jump into the air, the Balrog's center of gravity was denser than theirs making that move damn near impossible.

OK, gang....wish me luck as I write the post for young Alrick.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 pm

GOOD LUCK

Yeah, I totally agree that even the word of a King, would not sway the judgment of the Elves.

In accordance with Middle-Earth lore, a Drow would like Tiphereth's Deithirin 'Elvish' kind, be associated with Melkor who became Morgoth, the mentor of Sauron. There supposedly Elves that were corrupted by him and while it is widely known that they became Orcs, we can also make the assumption that some became the forefathers of the Drow. The same stands for Tiphereth's kind, as I am drawing a parallel between Middle-Earth and Arkauld it would make sense that Melkor's influence in another form would have influenced the creation of his own kind.

The Elves would take one look at Tiphereth and realize that all though he is a cousin to their kind his origins are far less noble and they would look down on his 'Faerie' nature as being less evolved and therefor unpredictable and possibly immoral. They would definitely be more cordial toward him than a Drow, but they would indeed very suspicious of him.

I do believes the Elves out of respect for Lac'Nala, would not harm Jin, but she would be treated with indifference.

Tiphereth would actually be rather confused by his treatment by the Elves, since his kind has not been persecuted for ages, but in Middle Earth, they would only sense his connection to Morgoth and react to it.

That's sort of what I was wondering about Balrogs. That makes sense then.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:06 pm

A fitting ending for Alrick, RPM. I did not let Tiphereth rationalize Alrick's 'demise' at this point. Since he 'felt' Jin's essence, he yet believes that he may live as well and is perhaps with her, or she may know where to find him.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:38 pm

He may be more connected to Jin than either realize at this point ( rubbing his hands together gleefully ) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 am

meeps
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:34 pm

OH!! OH!!!

LOVE that new grapic for Brianna!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 pm

I agree the graphic is excellant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Heroes - OOC
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next