Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Hall of Heroes - OOC

Go down 
+4
RPMistress
Tiphereth
Admin
Vaudeville
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:45 am

That was a good idea Lac.

Found out that the Rohirrim also called themselves the Eorlings, or the Men of the Riddermark. Their names always sound Danish or Old Saxon.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Good post, Jack. You're starting to expand your posts a little now.

I would love to see your posts grow even more. You have great potential to become a very, very good writer. This is proof in the pudding, so to speak.

Collaborative story telling/writing is more than moving your character from place to place. It's in depth, descriptive posts that give the readers an idea of who and what the character is all about. Delving into their emotions and thoughts help give the readers a clue of why they are the way they are as well as give the other writers something they can build on. Not only will it help the story now but it also gives an opening for another writer to elaborate on a small detail and weave another part of the story.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 am

I agree with all that has been said. Good job Jack, keep it up, your writing skills will grow the more you write.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:52 pm

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I would truly appreciate it if someone other than me picked up the Rohirrim that holds Brianna's interest and affections. I am not and never have been, good at writing my own characters love interests, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

Weird. I posted Sorrelwind, waking up Orthagren, last night and it vanished. Could a swore I posted it. Hope it isn't somewhere else. LOL.

Any who, I'll try and re-write it before we set out. I usually save my writings for a while but that time I didn't. grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

UGH! I HATE when that happens. And it's happened a couple of times to me. It's like the server hiccups and resets itself at an eariler date and time than when you posted thus wiping out your post because when it used the ast back up you hadn't posted yet.

scratch

Wait....did that just make sense?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

Actually made sense to me. Smile

First time it's happened. It was shocking. affraid
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Jack,

Very nice post, although I still cannot extract enough information to elaborate on your character's story. This is of course your prerogative, sometimes I purposely don't provide a lot of information if I do not want another writer modifying my character's story line too much. By controlling the information we can also set our boundaries.

So far your boundaries are such that we cannot meddle too much. If ever you wish to let any of us in to run with one of your ideas, just write into your post in such a way that we have an opening. It's difficult to describe, but basically you just set some parameters, like providing us with a tid bit of Jack's past that can be connected to the present.

It's entirely up to you of course. As I have said, before I find it a little difficult in this story right now to draw connections, but I feel that once we get to Oron_D_Narr, that will change. It will be a fresh slate, that we can elaborate on under Lac's guidance, so I feel that we can solidify our characters more at that point.

Keep up the good work, Jack. If I am able I will attempt to interpret your posts as best as I can and try and establish some connections between either Othargren or Sorrelwind if I can. It does prove difficult though since your character is in an awakening stage. If you can, set some definite historic moments in his life, using landmarks, that's always helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks. Just be patient with me. All become clear soon. I hope. The one thing that I can tell you with absolute certainty is that the longer that Jack remains on the material plane the more memories he will recover. I'm thinking, however, that the next thing to spark his memory will be the battlefield where this all began for him.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Sure thing. It's all good to me. You just lead and we'll follow, but take all the time you need in developing your story, I figured that his memories were a matter a time, as per the post of Nevtherra.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Augustine looks pretty cool!!! I have a fondness for druids and their peaceful ways, being Scottish/Irish/Welsh. LOL
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks Sin, I dig druids too being a bear...er, man of Irish heritage.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:03 pm

My biological father's family has traced our heritage back to the druids during the time of 'Merlin' and further on back.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:22 pm

My pictures of Brianna are not coming through when I paste them to my posts. Is anyone else having problems seeing them or is it just on my end?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Bifrost has been having issues all day. I keep getting maintenacne notices, so I think it is them.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Indeed...I hope they get it fixed and soon...it's been rather annoying all day....
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:40 pm

First off.... the paths of all the gallery picture links have changed and so you have recopy the paths when using them.

Secondly, 'I HATE DRYDERS!'. They are possibly one of the creepiest creatures!

Well done Sub Bear! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:14 pm

I had an idea...

Due to the absence of RPM, we could (if people wish) start a new chapter and call it 'The Vengeance of the Rohirrim', or something like that. This would be a tangent off of the original story line.

I love how Sub Bear has brought Verin to life, but since that character is so heavily entwined with her character, Jin, we cannot proceed without her.

If and only if the general consensus would be be to press on, we can have separate adventure dealing with the 'Giant Stone Wraith Image' that plagued Brianna's village. Has anyone ever read the 'Eaters of the Dead'? They made a movie about it called the Thirteenth Warrior which as essentially a Beowulf tale. One of the main characters known as 'Buliwyf' (pronounced bull-vwy) and an Arab (the 13th warrior to their group) take a cannibalistic tribe called the Wendol (pronounced vendol).

I am not suggesting we follow that storyline at all, but rather the depiction of the Norse people in that movie is an excellent backdrop for a Rohirrim Village. We can could set up a plot and play it out. If it continues into RPM's return then at that point we can shut it down and continue with the main story line or she can choose to join if it is going smoothly.

How does this sound? If so, we can work together to throw in some characters and create the village then come up with some kind of 'antagonist'.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Yes I have seen the film, in fact have it in my DVD collection. We could do that., approach it as a retrospective look back at what happened in Brianna's village. Kinda fill in the gap so to speak.

My only question is if the Dryders are based upon the Dark Riders from LOTR, as I would suspect. If they are then I say just have them appear has pursuing the travelers for now. Lac could become aware of their pursuit as they were prevlant before as agents of the Dark Lord. It is The Dark Lord that actually commands Verin, although Verin does have dillusions of over throwing the Dark Lord, if my memory serves me correctly.

If they are a totaly different creature then we could develope the side story. I just do not want us to loose the unltimate reason for our journey. To make it to Oron_D_Naar, reunite the old alliances,. raise a might army of Elves, Dwarves, Men and other freedom loving races to ultimately do battle with the dark lord and his minions to decide if the world will flurish in "THE LIGHT" or fall into "DARKNESS".
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:25 pm

What I am proposing is that this is a complete side adventure. We can assume that Dryders may be anticipated the group to head eastward, but instead they are traveling southward to Rohan to uphold their promise to Brianna and check on her village.

This will be encapsulated within its own chapter which will end with its conclusion and then we will resume the main story line and continue on with the Dryders.

I think that the village should be plagued by something that is actually not related to the Dark Lord. The image of Wraith would have made all suspect that he was behind it, but when the party gets there we should have it that the 'Stone Wraith' is the image of a God worshiped by a band of invaders raiding the villages of Rohan. Of course there is probably some indirect connection to the Dark Lord.

Another idea I have is that Brianna's Mother is not actually dead. She and many other have been captured and taken away. This gives us a mission, 'Save Brianna's Mom' and the other villagers from some unknown fate.

How does that sound?

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Geldyn10

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Aedilh10

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Hengis10

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Oerik10
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Ah so none of the original group would be involed? All new characters that could be melded into the original story line at a latter date if it all works?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Oh, no... sorry. Those are just characters for the village. It's all the regular characters, just a side adventure though. Something that would last a few days and then they will resume their trek eastward. Perhaps those new characters might be integrated into the party, don't know yet. I was just giving some faces to the village, they would be among the few remaining warriors.

I just figure that without RPM if we wanted to carry on writing, this is an adventure that Jin could be omitted from as she is off leading the Dryders on a wild goose chase. It would all fall into place then. By the time things might really serious for Jin, RPM would be back and we could wrap up the Rohan adventure and rejoin the main story line.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:15 pm

That will work. I am just not sure when RP is becoming unavailable. I surmised if won't be until next week so we have a week to get to Brianna's village.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I think it all sounds good. Will Brianna's love interst be involved and will he be joining the original group afterwards? Also, as I had stated before, I would appreciate it if someone else would create him and type for him. I just do not do well writing my own character's love interest.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Yes. I don't think he should be a member of the village though. Perhaps he is a border guard Captain or something that would include Brianna's village in his patrols. Perhaps he went out of is way just see Brianna on occasion?

My thinking is that he will be there because his entire troop was wiped out during the attack or something.

In regards to RPM, she has already written Jin out so I thought we could just do something that wouldn't have to involved her character. We can have this 'sub-adventure' on the side and she will not get knocked out of the loop since it will have absolutely nothing to do with the main story line. Jin's character tends to stay out the outside of the group anyway, that's who she is, with the exception of her relationship with the ranger of course. As I said before, we can imagine that she is leading Verin's Dryders on a merry chase, while the rest of the group is helping the Rohirrim Village.

These kind of 'side-adventures' happen in stories all the time. It's nice way to solidify the party more and let the Druid and Dwarf get more accustomed with the party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Heroes - OOC
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next