Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Hall of Heroes - OOC

Go down 
+4
RPMistress
Tiphereth
Admin
Vaudeville
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:15 pm

I may be wrong but I don't think she has written her self out temporarily just yet.
Ssinkin aka RPM wrote:
Quote :
” Vel'drav udos ul'plyr l'sreen'aur d'l'woods Usstan zhal h'uena mzild depart tar'annen ulu zahanzon ahead d'udossa. Rena Usstan dislike leaving dosst tar'annen Usstan zhaun ol zhah vel'bol z'klaen tlu xunor. Fridj iglata uns'aa dos orn tlu sreen'aur. (When we reach the safety of the woods I shall once more depart company to scout ahead of us. While I dislike leaving your company I know it is what must be done. Just promise me you will be safe..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh well... no worries then. Forget the idea, once we move past Rohan there won't be another opportunity for a realistic side story since we'll be getting near our destination anyway. We might as well take a pause with the story until RPM gets back then, or I guess we'll see how far we can write up to until her departure. No sense starting anything different, if her character is going to get into the thick of it.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 pm

No, that is not what I am saying. I am just saying we need to wait until we determine when RP will be absent. In the meantime we can continue on our way to Brianna's village, once there then we can pick up on the side story until RP's return, or continue to weave it into the main story line. Perhaps we will meet up with a warrior band in pursuit of those responsible for the distruction of her village. Perhaps even within that warrior band his the Commander she has a fancy for. It could even be they are looking for survivors It is a good idea and I think one worth pursuing. We could even discover evidence of the passing of those responsible.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Ahhhh... okay. I was under the impression we would stop by the village briefly and then carry on to meet up with Jin, the onward to Oron_D_Narr. So what you're saying is we'll stretch out the journey to Rohan then. Sure, sounds alright. Guess we'll just see how things proceed. If there's an opening for the side adventure, then we could do that if not we'll just put the story on the shelf for a little bit.

A Rohan adventure seems like it might be fun, but perhaps there really is no time for it in the main story line. Maybe the idea of creating an entirely separate adventure, as you mentioned, is perhaps the best way to go. I, however, want to keep on using Sorrelwind so depending on what happens he may have to leave the group and go his own way. I would just then, use the Dwarf.

Guess we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:07 pm

I had thought we would spend some time in the village, to allow Brianna to inter act with her Kin and to allow Lac to try and recruit the Rohirians to help in defense of the threat of the Dark Lord. I am glad you want to continue with Sorrelwind I see hime as being extremel helpful in our cause and a great council to Lac. He, the Dwarf, Ssinjin, Augustine, Brianna, the Elves and the Shadowwalker are all an intrigal part of the growing alliance.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 am

As of right now, Monday, October 5, 2009, I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, October 14, 2009. The only way that will change is if things get way worse for me. So until Wed 10/14, we write and write. But I DO like the idea of the side story. THat way you all can keep writing and not have to worry about me holding any of you up.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Cool. Well we'll see then where we end up. I was thinking that the side story would be a good way to work around your absence but I feel as if Jin might be headed to Rohan and become an integral part of the adventure.

I suggest then that out little side adventure may be better in the Orocarni Mountains where Othargren is from. We could possibly have a little Dwarven adventure.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

So introduced a band of Rohirrim. I have an idea for a little side adventure, but please go ahead with story line and don't worry about me. Ceowulf's group is a small patrol but they are out for a good reason.

If this side story works out... cool. If not, then no worries.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Just asking, but is anyone willing to play Brianna's love interest so to speak and if so is one of Tiph's characters said person?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:40 pm

The Rohirrim Warrior involved with Brianna would be part of a different town. Ceolwulf's group is from a different area, one that has been destroyed by an evil force which I reveal soon. They are all that remains of their people and are bent on vengeance.

I am trying to add a little bit to what Lac began.

Rohan is under siege by an ancient enemy, one that they believed had been destroyed ages ago, but now it rising once more. Most believe that if they fortify their towns and villages they will survive, even the King has adopted such a philosophy but Ceolwulf believes in meeting the enemy head on.

Sighere and Ceolwulf are sub-characters on a mission, both sworn to the quest and are not good candidates for relationships.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Not a problem. Thanks for clarifying. Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_biggrin I like what you've done, though. It's a nice twist to the story.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:57 pm

It's nice to have tangents. Sometimes a story can get too linear. Morgoth is fact of life and will always be around so why not take on some challenges we have a chance against, eh?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 am

Well said Tiph, I also like the side story. In fact it plays out well for the end game and with each side adventure more allies are gathered to battle the ultimate evil and darkness which is growing to plunge the world into eternal darkness. That alliance Lac believes will bring light back to the world once again as it did in the past. A conflict in the realm of the Dwarves will also be welcomed when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh yes! Orthagren will definitely be a major part of that campaign.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 pm

So I am depicting that an ancient menace has been re-awakened (no doubt due to Morgoth's presence in the world once more) and they are plaguing Rohan. Villages and towns are being randomly attacked along the White Mountains (in a frequency which is probably like one attack every month or two... it's not every night, the Rohirrim would be wiped out in a week at that rate).

The King of Rohan has chosen fortification instead of attack, and all other towns and villages are naturally following his lead. Ceolwulth alone had taken it upon himself to meet these creatures head on.

The menace are 'Barrow Wights', and there are many of them. They are the re-animated remnants of the indigenous people of Rohan, wiped out long ago. The live under ground and survive only by feeding upon the bodies of Men. They are very much 'living' creatures. They bleed. They recognize pain, but they will endure for all time until they are destroyed and they exist in such vast numbers it would be virtually impossible for Rohan alone to stand against their entire force.

The Wights have the ability to also summon 'undead', phantom horses, which were the original mounts of the Men they once were. They ride these in battle and are a formidable force both on and off of their mounts. They use swords and will even wear armour which the pilfer from the dead.

This Wight army would definitely be of interest to Morgoth and the forces of darkness, but they have one vulnerability. They were defeated once before... unfortunately no one remembers how. Ceolwulf simply hopes that once they find the lair of these creatures that the answer presents itself.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:23 am

Sounds good to me Tiph
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 am

So since Ceolwulf and his men are basically on a mission of vengeance and without homes, a Rohirrim town or city could still be established at some time. It's really quite open. Right now of course, since all of Rohan is being plagued by this ancient menace all settlements are on high alert and have greatly fortified their defenses. They will not be that welcoming... not that the Rohirrim generally are.

When Tolkien created the Rohirrim he based them on the Anglo-Saxons and all their names and even their language is based on that culture. Basically they are Germanic and somewhat Vikingish.

The capital of Rohan is the hill fort of Edoras which is located on a hill in a valley of the White Mountains.

The Dúnedain of Gondor (this is Brianna's racial origin) and the Rohirrim are distantly related and the people of Gondor describe the Rohirrim as Middle Men, inferior to the Númenóreans from which they are more closely related to. Naturally prejudice exists between the haughty Dúnedain and the free-spirited Rohirrim.

The Rohirrim commonly speak Westron (the common tongue of Men) but they do have their own language as well.

Rohirrim is Sindarin for People of the Horse-lords used commonly by outsiders. The name they have for themselves is the Eorlingas, after their king Eorl the Young who had first brought their people to Rohan.

When modifying a noun the proper adjective to use is 'Rohirric'.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 pm

That is cool, Tiph. One question....should I change Brianna's last name then? It would seem that Red Foxx doesn't exactly fit.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Well... its up to you. The 'Red Fox' name could be a nickname or something (although translated). You probably want to invent a proper Rohirric family name though.

Keep in mind that Brianna will be able to speak Rohirrim and obviously understand all the Rohirric customs, although some of the rituals exclusive to the warriors might elude her. It all depends on her past. The society is male dominant and woman have their place, but in accordance with are usual writing style here at the Bridge sexism and gender typing is left to the writer's discretion.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Tiph, I have the Norse traslation for Brianna's last name 'Red Fox'. It's Rodreven. The 'o' is supposed to have a slash through it, but I can't do that on my computer. If you would, feel free to change it on her picture and I'll get it changed on her profile. Thanks. Do you have any ideas for the name of the village where she's from?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Sure, I'll change that. It's good that you've established a Rohirrim name at this point since she'll be interacting with people who will probably recognize her family name and have information about the village she is/was from.

Depending upon how things play out, you or I will make up a name and from there write about how it's end came to be.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks, Tiph. As for the village she's from, I'm fine with you cooking something up although I have hinted at her village falling under the same demise as the village they are in now. But, that can be changed if needed.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 am

So Gladsheim is getting interesting...

The way I see it we are diverging into a few paths:

- An impending attack upon some unsuspecting town/city. Perhaps Edoras itself may be in jeopardy!

- Brianna, naturally, still needs to see the remains of her village with her own eyes. The Gorrinvul have been known to take live victims back with them. Are any of her kin yet alive?

- Traveling into the underworld of Rohan. A vast labyrinth of passages exists beneath the plains and there dwells the Gorrinvul. Wights... undead creatures... the indigenous people wiped out by the Rohan... they have memories of what they once were and have developed an underworld culture based upon what they were in life and what they are in death. One thing is for certain. They hate the Rohirrim people with a passion and there attacks seem to be out of vengeance.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:09 am

Maybe a clue will be discovered in Brianna's village.

Perhaps Jin and Tiphereth will find some clue in the underground labyrinth of the Gorrinvul that will tell how to banish the creatures tot he underworld forver. Or give them true peace to pass on completely to the other world.

OR....maybe the black dragon will have no choice but to reveal her true nature in an effort to save the lives of the others and prevent Rohan from falling forever to the Gorrinvul.

Stay tuned to find out.

Seriously, though, I was thinking along the same lines of all of that. Glad to see we're all pretty much on the same page here.

Word.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I am pleased that we are all on the same page as well. I am also quite sure ,more Shocked surprises will develope soon Twisted Evil as this tale cotinues to unfold Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Heroes - OOC   Hall of Heroes - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Heroes - OOC
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next