Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm

I was the head of all of them I was the doctors second hand man when you go into your memory look beyond him leaning against a wall that was where I usually was I am ashamed for not intervening.”

Sin feels like she's going to be sick. "You were there? Are you saying that you were there when he had Ox whip me? You were there when he wanted me to kill those innocent nomadic people? You were there when he kept me in a collar?" She begins to shake her head from side to side. "Were you there when he tried to breed me with other wolf hybrids?"

Her eyes widen, fear turning them a blazing amber. "Are you going to try and take me back? ARE YOU?!"

Suddenly, she grips her head in both hands, another memory siezing her small frame.
~It's dark and she's bound. The floor is metal and cold. She can't move, she can't even look around. She hears them, the growling and bickering, then she sees them. They are the male breeders. She'd heard that the doctor was going to try to breed the hybrids together so he could stop capturing the nomadic females.
They're filthy. She can smell them. A face appears in front of hers, drool dripping onto her cheek. It smiles at her as another lays the metal slat further back.~

Sin drops to her knees, "Oh God!" She turns a tortured gaze onto Zack. "Were you there when he injected me with something to make me forget? Were you there when the guards took me out of the lab?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 D11

Tears fell from his cheeks as he realised what he had done “I was there I even killed the nomadic people afterwards every time you and did what was right I was at all those events.” He began to remember memories he had trapped behind the wooden doors of his church.

“I would never take you back understand that!” reaching out his hand to touch her she recoiled slashing his hand with her nails leaving four small jagged cuts. Zack’s eyes went wide in fright as a flash of memory came upon him his worst fear the yellow eyed beast had escaped from its cage. Zack had fought it with his bare hands when he had thought it beaten he had turned his back then a low growl caused him to turn. The beast had slashed his face open this memory continued showing Carl backhanding the animal it turning human it was Sin who had done this to him.

He looked down at Sin taking a step back “It is not you who has to leave I should have left once I saw you but I knew you wouldn’t remember me, I should have just turned round and left.” His face stuck between fear and pain at all the happenings he turned on his heel towards the door preparing to run from Sin afraid of how she would act but his mind blanked and the voice came. *“Why don’t we take her in we might get forgiveness from old Doc? We can watch the experiments again.”* Zack realised that his mind was split between indeed taking her back ‘home’ or running from her it was impossible for him to stay now which he indeed had intended to leave stuck between this he suddenly gave a scream of pain his mind exploding into white light he fell unconscious in front of Sin.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Sin watched as Zack fell to the floor, unconscious. "Zack?....Zack?" She crawls over to him, realizing that he is just as much a victim to the doctor's administrations as she is. She'd seen the pain, hurt, and horror in his eyes at what he'd done. She doesn't remember giving him the scars on his face yet, but she does remember him, somewhat.

Placing his head in her lap, she cries, her tears falling on his face. "Oh Zack. You're as much a victim as I am, aren't you? I won't leave you, Zack. We will fight this together if we must." She sits there, his head on her lap, stroking his hair.

((Outside the city of Denver))

Clarence and his troop are stealthily moving towards the motel, steering clear of the settlement of Purdition. He sees the lion like creature at a distance and logs it back in his memory to tell the doc upon his return. His orders were clear and he doesn't have time to capture the beast right now and take him to the labs.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Zack slowly opened his eyes his splitting head ache still aching he could feel wet tears upon his face his hair being stroked in a croak of a voice “I thought I was leaving the confusion on his ace evident.” He slowly sat up looking to Sin seeing her distressed. “I’ll take a shower first.” He pulled himself form her using a wall to help him stand he walked to the bath room “clothes on the bed!”

Zack walked in the shower locking it he took his clothes off piling them in a corner his claymore sitting in the corner. His head pounding he got in the shower turning it on he found to his delight the warm water had ran out a cold shower to ease the pain. He cleaned himself washing the blood from his hands getting it out his hair. He cleaned his coat quickly the material would dry quickly compared to heavy cotton he hung it off the sink he turned to his boots he had been wearing cleaning the caked soles scratching the blood off of them. “Messy really.” Once finished he stepped out the shower drying himself he threw on his T-shirt and trousers he left his hair remembering how he used to be in the guard his loose hair to his shoulder. He looked to his claymore wondering why he had never binned it he stared at it intently. Before he picked it up with the damp coat knocking on the door

“You changed yet Sin?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Earth_10

Sin sits there after Zack goes to the bathroom, hearing the door lock behind him. ~What did I do?~, she mentally asks herself. Apprantly, he doesn't like her choice of clothing. She did put on what she'd found, but forgotten about in the fray of Zack showing up, the the bears, just all of it.

Slowly, now depressed, tired, emotionally and mentally drained, she walks over to the bed and begins to re-pack the bag with the food and sodas. "

You changed yet Sin?”

"Yea, I'm changed." He hasn't even noticed her side, even though it's not oozing anymore. She walks over to the mirror hanging over the dresser and looks at it. Another scar to add to the rest. She sighs. She heads over to the door of the room and waits quietly for Zack.

Clarence and his group are almost to the motel, his tongue constantly darting in and out of his mouth. She's close and so is.........the doc's missing right hand. He smiles to himself, knowing that he'll be returning two for the price of one. He'll demand breeding the girl himself, if Doctor Bainbridge will allow it.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Zack unlocks the door looking at Sin he gives a weak smile his head still hurt but he finally noticed her side. “Sin you want a bandage for that?” Going to the side table where he had left the medic bag he pulled the bandage out walking over to Sin he carefully wrapped it round tying it off. He looked round the room happy “we should move out.” Picking his two possessions his coat and sword throwing the damp coat on but carrying the sword he goes to the door with a flourish of a bow “Let us exit these premises.”

Zack allowed her to walk past him then quickly caught up to walk beside her but once they reached the lobby he stopped her his head had began to hurt he was worried it was another black out but then the clear voice came into his head *I think your in trouble now Zacky boy gonna have real fight and you not even ready and even worse you only got about 3 minutes till dawn cya round Zacky* the voice fading Zack looked to Sin a small hint of fear in his face “I think he sent more!”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Sin holds the bag out to Zack, causing him to take it. "Go, Zack. Maybe someday, we'll meet up again, but until then, you need to go. You are still wounded, as am I and we are no match for what is coming nor will we find a good enough hiding place." She stands on her toes to reach his mouth and gives him a light kiss. "Be safe", she whispers to him.

She turns and walks throught the lobby, towards the doors to the outside.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Zack takes the bag his mind milling over the words she had said “I was supposed to protect you now you expect me to run that’s mad aren’t you the one who haven’t lived free yet ill take the imprisonment.” He walked past her she could do nothing but realise he had left the bag and had walked past her Zack opened the door closing it he ripped off the doorknob closing behind him grabbing from a pile of junk a iron bar he barred her in to find a different route to go he smiled at his own stupidity. “3 minutes to fight?” He turned round to find the ‘recovery team’

“Long time no see Clarence!” Zack had recognized the Komodo dragon quickly he walked forward his hand bringing the claymore to rest on his shoulder. He measured up Clarence wondering what he could do against such a ‘thing.’ “You still using poison in those teeth of yours?” slowly stretching his left arm he would kill his underlings he knew their was no victory in this only time “It is your turn to live a better life Sintara!” Zack eyed each man slowly sliding into his fighting stance his claymore in one hand the strain on his wrist was almost unbearable but he would cope only to die by the ‘Docs’ hands.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Haunte10

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!" SinTara can't believe what Zack just did. "THEY WANT ME, NOT YOU!! YOU IDIOT!!!"

She sees the Komodo dragon and his three cohorts, all 3 hyenas, as she hears the bar slide home. "Damn, idiotic, egotistical male." She runs back to room 12, knowing that the window faces the same direction as the front doors and jumps through the window, slicing her body with the broken glass. She walks around as if she has a purpose, which she does.

As she comes to where the males are, she circles around the 4 hybrids there to collect her. Zack is now in front of them and Sin is behind them. "Like I told Jaques, I...am...not...going....back!" She looks at Zack through a gap in the hybrids, "I will deal with you when we're done here, you jack-ass!" She shifts, more smoothly this time and before anyone knows it, where Sin once stood now stands the she-wolf, eyes glowing red in her anger. She leaps for the one closest to her, a big hyena hybrid and goes for his crotch, the same way she did on Jaques. The only difference this time is that the hyena, while screaming in pain, yanks her off. She takes his jewels with her and he falls, blood spurting from in between his legs as he screams. The other two, and even Clarence, grimace in sympathy.

Clarence regards her with respect, "Good work, Sin. I see you have found your taste for blood. Good....good. Dr. Bainbridge will be pleased. Now, be a good girl and let's go. This former right hand is of no matter." He holds out his hand to her, his yellow, slitted eyes showing no emotion. Sin leaps, sinking her teeth into his hand, taking the pinky finger with her.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Sin, in wolf form, comes to a skidding halt next to Zack. She looks up at him and spits Clarence's pinky finger onto his boots. Turning back, she faces Clarence as he grips his right hand, now missing a finger.

She looks at the remaining two hyena hybrids and begins to stalk the one closest, when pulls a small pistol from his belt and shoots Sin in the left, rear leg, up in the thigh area. A yelp escapes the she-wolf as she falls where she stands and quickly shifts back to her human form. Laying there, she gasps for breath as the pain in her thigh takes hold.

Clarence turns back to Zack, speaking to the other hyena as he does so. "Slap the collar on the bitch and pull out your whip. She'll behave as long as she sees the whip." He points to the second hyena hybrid. "You, don't interfere. This one is mine." He turns his full attention onto Zack, pulling out an old, yet sharpened longsword. "Now then, shall we finish this?" He lunges at Zack, coming full circle, trying to slice the man in half.

The hyena with the collar snaps it into place around Sin's neck and attaches the leash. Hearing the snap of the collar, Clarence hollers at the hybrid to take her back to the lab.

Sin fights, regardless of the whip coming down on her. "C'mon! Get up. Walk, damn you!" The whip comes down again. "Fine, I'll drag you back." As the one hyena hybrid stays back, watching Zack and Clarence fight, the other drags Sin, kicking and screaming, away.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:39 pm

As the hyena hybrid drags Sin over the rocky, hard ground, she sees Zack engaging in battle with Clarence. Her leg is bleeding and the bullet is lodged inside. She tries to regain her footing, but keeps falling.

"Just stay down, girl. It's easier just to drag you then have keep falling. Damn, why did Clarence have to shoot you in the leg?" Sin doesn't have a choice since she can't keep her footing anyway. The hyena picks up speed, now jogging. He heads out of the old city and up into the large hills of crumbled buildings, dragging Sin over the sharp cement pieces. Her body is now cut up from jumping through the window and being drug over the broken up cement, metal girders, and panes of glass. "Stop, please, stop. Just for a minute." The hyena looks back at her but doesn't stop. "Awww, you can chomp off a man's jewells, take a pinky finger, but you can't handle some rock. Well, girl, the doc doesn't care what condition you're in when you return, just so long as you're alive." He keeps going, now jogging above the settlement of Purdition. The sun is beginning to rise over the east horizon, casting an orange glow over everything. "Damn, we have to make it back before those two non-human hunters are up and moving about." He begins to run, draggin SinTara behind him, moans escaping her as it feels as if her skin is being peeled off. She's also leaving a trail of blood a toddler could follow. She hopes it's enough for Zack to follow, if he defeats Clarence. If not, she'll not survive going back. She'll make sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Stasinus

Dawn's deep amber glow filtered through the stony ruins as the man-beast dragged his prize across the shards of debris protruding from the sandy ground. Despite the protests of the screaming girl he continued onward but stopped suddenly, alerted by a strange scent. He swayed his head from side to side trying to locate the source then lead by his nose he tilted his canine head upward to see a giant cloaked figure balancing upon a steel beam high above him.

The hyena-man growled defiantly and tugged on the girl's chain. "Mine!" He barked.

The cloaked giant descended from his perch, landing softly upon the sandy ground. He rose to his full height, appearing much taller than the stooping hyena. Broad shoulder bulged beneath the dark cloak, and and two luminescent eyes peered out from beneath the dark cowl in the eerie silence that ensued as the two monsters stood their ground, neither backing the other down. Then the larger beast spoke.

"You speak, beast." The stranger remarked in a deep raspy voice.

"Of course I speak!" Hissed the hyena, tugging once more on the chain, causing the girl to whimper in pain. As he pulled he reached with his other large hand toward the dwarfed pistol on his belt. His hand trembled, although the creature did not know why. There was something about this creature's scent something familiar... something that instinctively he feared.

The stranger nodded and brought up his large clawed hands to his head and drew back the hood revealing a tawny mane of hair and beneath it the face of a snarling lion.

The Hyena drew back as the primal memories of his species recognized he who protected the pride, the one who rose only to kill his kind!

The fight was short. The hyena instead of trying to dodge the lion's attack went for his gun and tragically it was the creatures final mistake in life. Claws sprang out from the lion-man's powerful hand-like paw, raking the hyena across his throat, tearing away part of the beasts jaw in the process. The hyena slumped to the ground, gurgled and died.

The lion-man, relaxed and shook the blood from his hand. Saying nothing he stood over the bloody Sintara studying her wounds and waiting for her to speak.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:08 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Pheyd

Pheyd had hung up his apron and said good bye to his brief employment at Lu's Noodle House since he had obtained all the information he presently required. Being able to forego sleep when necessary the Synthecan stole away into the night, traveling north of Perdition into the jagged landscape of the ruined city.

Movement was slow through the maze of fallen buildings, most of them nearly claimed by the sands of the wastelands. Sand concealing pits that could pull a body down into an ancient basement and suffocate them or leave falling to their death to the buried streets below. So, Pheyd was cautious in his movements but there was not much that eluded his vision, surpassing the acuity of a cat's eye and able to see into the ultraviolet and infrared spectrums.

It was indeed fortuitous when he came upon the hybrids in the small hours of the morning and thought that perhaps these beasts would lead him to the lab he sought. He watched curiously as the young woman, transformed into the semblance of a wolf and the tall man with the blade struggled to defend her. He felt something for a brief moment as they fought for their lives, it was an emotion that some of the scientists on board the deep space exploration ship had assisted him with understanding. It was compassion, but it hardly moved him to take action, that would only hinder his current goal. An objective that he was becoming closer to as he surreptitiously followed the young woman being dragged away by one the enormous hyena-men.

The intervention of the lion-beast had been most unfortunate for Pheyd, but from the perspective of the girl, he assumed that the hyena creatures demise perhaps outweighed his own agenda. He narrowed his eyes in contemplation as he watched the events unfurl below him from his high plateau, far beyond the lion-man's sense of smell, yet oddly enough he seemed aware of his presence.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Stasinus

Stasinus, while waiting for the girl to initiate any conversation she felt necessary, tensed and shot his eyes around, searching for something. He could 'feel' someone watching them, but from where he could not tell, as the creature's emotional state was inconsistent preventing him from pin-pointing their general direction. It was difficult to say how many they were, but he was certain that there was at least one person out their focusing on he and the she-wolf.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Jerimiaha, Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Boyanddog , pulled the small portable Kieger counter from his packpack and scanned the Mutant Jackrabbit, it ticked slowly. "There you happy now you worry wart, like I would feed us anothing not semi safe to eat." he said to Dog "I am not the one that brought the raccoon that was infested with maggots."

"Jeasus, Jerimiaha, that was two months ago and how was I to know it looked and smelled like recent road kill." Dog said "Just make sure you cook that damned thing done this time. The last one you cooked I had to chance for ten minutes after it jumped out of the pan."

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Zack had winced at the scenes which happened to Sin he was about to go and attack Sin when suddenly his head told him to roll from experience he rolled in time to dodge the long swords arc standing up he used a straight thrust only catching the mans cheek as he veered out of the way Zack gave a quick jump backwards as another swing came round then a lunge came Clarence knew how to fight that was for sure.

Zack continue to dodge blades cutting his cheeks and his forearms even a cut to the forehead. Finally Zack tried a vertical attack Clarence parried it into the floor Clarence stepped forward thinking he had made an opening on Zack aiming for the killer blow when Zack brought the sword round in an arc at foot level simply knocking Clarence’s left foot but then carving through his right the severed foot rolling across the floor pumping blood from the would causing Clarence to fall to the ground. “Sin!” Zack was about to walk away when he felt the sting and wetness from a sword slice across his back not deep enough to kill but cause excruciating pain turning slowly toward Clarence swinging his sword in a arc the blade cutting through the dirt coming towards Clarence’s face in a final killer blow his eyes wide as it got closer only chaos was in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Pheyd

Pheyd casually moved behind a pillar of rock, obscuring him from the vision of the lion-man. The creature had some kind of heightened sense he surmised, the acuity of which he could not yet determine, but would demand caution as he followed. From his high location he looked back the way from which the woman-wolf creature had come and concentrated his vision to breach the distance. Focusing on the tiny images, his manufactured eyes were able to telescopically zoom in on the scene of the tall, cloaked swordsman battling the lizard-man.

It was an impressive display, the tall man was far to skilled and quick to be a Human, Pheyd figured and he seemed to be weakening. No doubt succumbing to his injuries and he wondered if he would have the strength to deal with last hyena-man that anxiously awaited to join the fray. How long before the lizard showed his cowardice and called for assistance?

The Synthecan leaned back and folded his arms across his chest. He was rather enjoying the display and it had been centuries since he had been able to observe a real battle. The komodo-dragon was sloppy but he made for his lack of finesse with sheer determination and speed, while his opponent demonstrated great skill with his claymore. Every step, every swing, the Synthecan processed the information against his comprehensive knowledge of combat tactics and calculated that were the swordsman healthy he would have already defeated his opponent. As it was, the tall man was hindered by pain and fatigue making the contest all the more exciting to watch.

Even running full out, Pheyd doubted he could close the distance in time to be of any use to the stranger, not that he would offer him assistance in his fight anyway. It was a great insult to rob a warrior of his victory or death, but if he could he would ensure that the hyena did not interfere with the fight. Perhaps the lion creature was within sprinting range but even his great strides were at least ten swings of a sword away.

Pheyd reached up with his hand and touched his face, examining his mouth, and was surprised to find that he was smiling. Probably from the enjoyment of the fight he considered and as the battle waged on he found himself uncharacteristically willing the tall swordsman to victory.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Haunte10Sin sat there and stared at the lion-man, not knowing what to think or to say. Her body was a mass of cuts and bruises, a hole in her upper left thigh from the bullet of Clarence's pistol. She looks back in the direction that she came then back at the lion-man.

Trying to stand, she braces herself up against a chunk of concrete. "I am called SinTara and my companion is back down there," she points behind her, "fighting for his life. I have to get back to him. Thank you for your aid, but it is best if you don't get involved any more than this." Her eyes are haunted as she turns to attempt to walk her way back down the incline of crumbled rubble. She stops, turns back to look at the lion-man. "What is after me will only kill or worse if you help me anymore. The doctor is not the forgiving type."

She puts one foot in front of the other, whimpering in pain with each step but determined to get back to Zack to help him. Now was one of the rare times that she wished she was like the other wolf hybrids and could, if nothing else, at least stop the bleeding and start the healing process by shifting, but she couldn't even shift when she was injured this badly.

She continues her climb downward, the collar still around her neck, the leash trailing the ground when she steps on it and stumbles, rolling about 10 feet down. She lays there, breathing through the pain, the whip mark on her right side now bleeding again as well as everywhere else. Tears begin to stream from her eyes as she wonders if it wouldn't be better to just lay here and die. God, she hurt.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Zack had miscalculated his swing no the lizard had seen it coming it was an obvious finisher he had rolled to the side Zack exhausted had not thought to hide his actions instead he was simply fighting. With a load of frustration he quickly made his boot connect to the lizards think skull the power causing the lizard to roll over twice across the floor.

Spinning on his heel his breath coming in gasps the ribs had grinded causing vast amounts of pain. his technique as a swordsman causing constant movement had meant the ribs had felt the impacts and movement. Zack looked up realising his next enemy he ran towards the Hyena-man taking large strides he came to the hyena throwing his sword into its foot pinning it to the spot it had not even acted yet surprise written all over its face. With a flourish of a crouch and spin he brought a open palmed upper cut to its chin lifting it into the air as it fell he bunched his hand into a fist the eyes of the Hyena bulging in terror as it hit the floor suffocating and choking. Zack standing slowly lifted his booted foot with a final act of mercy he ended its pain his foot smashing through its throat breaking the spinal cord its eyes dimming and glazing over. Zack pulled his sword from its foot hunching over holding the wound to his side he began to follow the trail of blood leaving Clarence to his fate in the wild.

Zack simply ignored the stares he was getting from an unknown person as long as they stayed unknown he had noticed half way through his fight some staring eyes. Zack had followed the trail for a good duration when he saw a figure in the distance he looked behind him wondering if another Hyena had survived or had this one come back to report the death of Sin then he realised as he got closer none of them had curving thighs and. Zack gave a wave with his right hand his left holding his side. “Yo you alright Sin.” His face breaking into a smile seeing the survival of his new found friend this smile fell slightly as he saw the condition she was in.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:14 pm

“Yo you alright Sin.”

She layed there, eyes closed when she heard Zack's voice. She opened her eyes, up on top of the mound of crumbled concrete stood the lion-man, at least, she hoped it was him. She waited for Zack to get to her before speaking.

"Leave me, Zack. Just leave me. I'm tired, in pain, and bleeding all over the place." She looks up at Zack, her amber eyes dull in color, yet haunted. "I don't want to remember anything else either. It's too horrible. Just leave me here." Tears still stream from her eyes as she closes them, her breathing becoming labored.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Zack had got to her crouching down next to her seeing how badly hurt she was he his eyes sad as he slowly looked to the lion his claws wet with blood he guessed he had saved the women “Don’t worry Sin he should have lost us for the time being we should get moving.” He looked to the lion “May I ask you to lift her into my arms.” Using his left to hold his right into a cradle he held them open so the lion could lift her into them.

The lion stood not saying a word Zack shrugged “I’ll do it then.” Care carefully wrapped his arms round her like a child and picked her up. “Just sleep I’ll get us out of her.” Hoping she would take his advice and fall to sleep in his hands he himself felt sleepy after all day time is when he enjoyed sleeping.

Zack began to walk almost ignoring any complaints Sin gave only giving reassuring words that they were fine no one would come after them. Well he knew till Clarence got back and reported his failure that was when maybe the Doc would search again.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Sin didn't even struggle as Zack picked her up, but the pain was severe. "Zack, please. Just leave me. If the doctor finds you with me..........you know what will happen. And, you're injured as well. Just put me down."

She looks over at the lion-man. "Please, help him. Don't concern yourself about me, just help Zack.

Back at the motel, Clarence came to, rubbing his bald head. Rising, he went outside the lobby, seeing the hyena hybrid dead, he figured he knew what had happened to the other one. Now he had to return to the lab and report his failure. "Damn, doctor Bainbridge isn't going to like this." He heads out at a brisk jog.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Zack continued walking away from the lion all he had to do was find a building to hole up in they would be fine he continued walking when suddenly he felt true exhaustion his pace slowing. Looking outwards he saw a small building deciding it would do he walked towards it. “Sin we are gonna go in a building patch our wounds and take a rest.” Knowing full well if he fell to sleep it would take him almost three quarters of a day to wake up he reached the building pushing it open.

Zack found it empty taking the stairs he climbed them to the master bedroom lying Sin down on the double bed he pulled his remaining bandages the last he had slowly covering her wounds. Zack walked across tearing what seemed a sheet for the bed as his bandages wrapping them over the minor wounds which Clarence had given him he lowered himself down to the floor. “I’m just gonna take a snooze here.” His head falling forward he was asleep his whole body at peace his features calm and serene almost at peace.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Haunte10Sin lays there on the bed, thinking to herself, "Stubborn male." She hurts, but he took care of her before himself. Sighing, she attempts to rise off the bed and manages to only partially sit up. She sees Zack, asleep. He's sitting on the floor, back up against the wall, head lowered.

She lays back down, moaning in pain. Looking down at her thigh, she sees that it's seeping, the bullet still embedded deep into the muscle. "He should have left me, the fool", she mumbles to herself. She tries to sleep, but only dozes due to the pain in her whole body. Having been drug over broken up concrete didn't do much good to her body. She wonders in between dozes about the lion-man and whether or not he's okay.

One of these days she's going to learn to worry about herself instead of everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Zack had not taken his pills when he had fallen asleep a first of one of his mistakes he is stuck within one dream he is powerless to change its happenings watching what he had done all that time talking to the people he had killed exactly as he had left them. He felt sick walking between the corpses all sneering and insulting him. When Zack noticed at the end of his show of blood stood Sin happy and unwounded at the sight of him her face became fearful Zack tried to reach out to her but suddenly a fog obstructed him. It took form the fog becoming him but the emblem on the coat of the copy showed him to be when he was a guard.

“Hello brother.” Zack’s twin sneering at him looking deep into Zack’s eyes as he looked back to the girl he couldn’t help but add more to his insult. “You know why she runs the fear of your anger killing her you never were good with anger killing everyone.” Zack grimaced as he looked back upon the corpses. “They were all evil!” Hoping to convince himself over his actions but his other half wouldn’t allow this. “What of the nomads then?” Zack backed away from his brother hoping to make distance but for every step he took back his brother simply took one forward. “Do you help this girl for atonement? Cause the last time we were travelling we were just killing people for fun.” Zack gave a scream in his dream which caused him to move from the dream and submerged into black an exhaustion sleep.

During his part of the dream his facial expressions had changed and twitched with what happened within the dream.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 _morri10Sin rises, hearing Zack move some as he sleeps. She slowly moves to the edge of the bed and watches his facial expressions. He's dreaming and it doesn't seem to be a good one.

Getting out of the bed, she slowly makes her way over to him. Laying a gentle hand on his shoulder, she speaks softly. "Zack, Zack, wake up. You're dreaming."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next