Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:45 am

Who was she? Where was she? What was she? She didn't know. She'd been found in an alley of the ruins of a small town, beaten and bloodied. She still had bruises all over her. Her rescuers had quickly attacked her once she had growled at them and shifted into a large, black she-wolf. She ran into the night, finally stopping long enough to shift back to human. As a memory tried to surface, her head splinters with pain. A cell, being drug by a collar around her neck. It didn't make sense to her, yet.

Sin, they had called her Sin, but was it the people that had rescued her or others. She grips her head in pain from trying to remember. Her tongue skims over the sharp canines and she flinches at the feel. Once the pain subsides in her head, she rises shakily to her feet. Sniffing the air, she somehow knows to head south, straight to the small, abandoned town where she was found.

She sets the pace of a smooth lope, arriving to the town within an hour, not even breathing heavily from her jog. Her senses automatically go on alert, her nose taking in scents, her ears the sounds, her eyes, any movement. Seeing a hotel, she heads for it, watching the shadows of this barren land.

Entering the hotel, she explores it, finding it to be spacious but cozy at the same time. It's not a huge hotel, more like a real nice motel, like a Super 8. Her stomach growls. First, she needs to replace the clothes she lost shifting. She heads down the hall and finds a door open. Luckily, there's clothes hanging up, jeans, black t-shirt, but no shoes or underthings. Shrugging her shoulders, she dresses.

Heading back out to the lobby, she passes a mirror in the hall and stops, looking at a face she doesn't know. Her face. The eyes are an unnatural golden amber, large and tilted at the corners. Her nose is small, dainty, her mouth lush, cheekbones high, indicating some Native American blood. She sees that her hair is long, thick, soft, and very black with silver highlights. Running her fingers through it, she marvels at just how soft it is. Then, she curls her top lip, looking at her sharp canines. They're about 3/4 inches long, mildly curved and sharp. Sighing, she heads on to the lobby, wondering where to go to find food.

Walking around, finding stairs, Sin heads down and finds the furnace room. She hears the squeaking of rats and her mouth waters. Crouching down, she begins to stalk the sounds and spots her quarry. A large brown rat sitting in a corner. Sin moves stealthily towards it, quietly, slowly, her mouth drooling in anticipation. Leaping, she snags the rat, snapping it's neck before devouring it, fur and all.

Her stomach having stopped growling, she heads back up the stairs to the lobby once again. She's still hungry, but at least her stomach doesn't feel like it's hitting her spine anymore. As she walks by the mirror in the hall, she sees blood covering her mouth and dried to her chin. Her eyes widen in alarm as she remembers the rat, killing it and eating it. Her stomach heaves and she runs into the room she'd found the clothes in, runs to the bathroom and vomits. Shaking violently, she comes out of the bathroom, tears streaming down her face as she finds the farthest corner and curls into it. "What am I? What the hell am I?", is all anyone would hear should they come by the motel along with the muffled sobs of a damaged soul.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:18 pm

After a couple of hours of having a miniature breakdown, Sin stops her crying and sits up in the corner she was cowering in. Wiping at her eyes, she takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out, closing her eyes. "I have to pull myself together and figure out what I'm going to do", she says out loud, even though she is alone. She stands, trembling slightly, but standing. "Okay, assess the situation. I don't know who or what I am nor where I came from. I have the feeling that I was created, why else would I be able to morph into a she-wolf. Humans just don't do that, do they?" She paces back and forth in the room of the motel as she talks to herself. Not realizing it, but she's doing what she was trained to do, which was assess the situation, formulate a plan, and execute said plan.

"Okay, I've found shelter, but there has to be more to eat than just rats." Her stomach does a flip at the thought of eating another rat raw. Maybe if she shifted into the wolf it wouldn't be so bad, but she doesn't yet know how to just shift. She can just shift, without emotional upheaval to instigate it, she just doesn't know that, yet. She sighs again, looking around the room. "Time to take a walk outside."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Heading for the lobby, Sin decides she should probably try to find some sort of weapon. She has no idea what could be out there and she doesn't want to find out without a way to defend herself. Looking around, she sees an old letter opener laying on the reception desk. It's covered in dust and looks like it may crumble into dust once she picks it up, but it's better than nothing. Picking it up, she wipes it on her pants and sees that it is in fairly good condition, it not rusty.

Heading for the door, she opens it and heads outside. It is now dusk, the sun beginning to set and it is casting eerie shadows everywhere. There are crumpled remains of buildings all around, even part of the motel has caved. There are the beginnings of noises coming from some of the piles of rock. Scraping noises. Shivering, Sin grips the letter opener tighter. She decides to stay close to the motel, but see if she can't find some drinkable water and decent food. Spotting what may have been a gas station at one time, long ago, she heads for it, keeping one eye on the piles of rock scattered about.

Licking her dry lips, her tongue rubs against her canines. She feels that have gotten longer with her uneasiness and fear. ~Now isn't the time to try and figure this out, Sin.~, she thinks to herself. Food and water, that is her priority right now.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Stasinus

Silhouetted against the orange embers of dusk sifting between the peaks of the western mountains loomed the tall remnants of an ancient city once known as Denver. In the shadow of these dilapidated relics the faint glow of lanterns, oil lamps and electric lights flickered denoting a town, constructed amidst the ruins of what was.

The giant man-beast approached the settlement cautiously. All he had ever known of surface dwellers was violence and greed but perhaps the townsfolk were humanoid not unlike the people of his own beloved town. Either way, he would not know, until he drew closer and could see with his own eyes what awaited him.

Stasinus, climbed atop a dale, crouched low for moment, closed his eyes and raised his cat-like nose into the air. He breathed in deeply and held the aromas on his palette deciphering the origins each fragrance. The cool night wind came from the west, and upon it he detected the scents of cooked food, garbage and vegetation, smells typically associated with humanoid settlements. There was also the stench of oil and gasoline, meaning that they utilized mechanical devices which also meant to him that they would have guns as the two often went hand in hand. The old phrase, 'Curiousity killed the cat', popped into his mind but it he was hungry and his food stores were growing low. He had not seen any game for days and so it he was tempted by the fragrance of roasted meat that blew from the town.

He scanned the steppe with his bright orange eyes then proceeded across the barren wasteland toward the unknown town.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 am

Zack had reluctantly left the church about a month ago rumours of Satanists hunting down parts of the church he held a photo in front of him as he lay on the steel girder sticking out of the few remaining large buildings. He looked down at the dizzying height he had loved it as a child the sensation looking back up at the sky. Finally bored of his surroundings he gripped into the grooves of a vertical girder lining the remaining building he began his decent sliding down. It took some good time his hands felt raw he jumped off at the last few meters landing on a plateau of concrete his two-handed claymore clanking on his back standing straight. Looking every part the actor in Japanese plays his long flowing coat behind him his weapon resting upon his back his white face staring ahead.

“Bloody crusader weapon so loud!”

He turned on his heel exiting the ‘stage’ he left clambering nimbly over wreckage out of the once skyscraper. He walked outside the air a buzz with ‘life’ the scratching and slight growling of animals. He was moving along when he remembered a gas station his belly rumbling he decided on his location he began his hike the sound of his boots seeming dull and hollow to his own ears.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Sin entered the abandoned gas station, doing so carefully, still hearing the scraping noises coming from the piles of rubble all around her. "This small knife (letter opener) isn't going to be much help. I need to find something bigger, sharper." She shakes her head at herself, wondering if talking to herself meant that she was going crazy.

Spotting a vending machine, she approached it, studying the contraptions. She could see food sitting in it through the dirty glass, but wasn't quite sure how to get to it. She had seen one of these somewhere before, but she couldn't remember where or what it was. Just that it held food. Next to it, was a soda machine and again, she had the feeling that she should know what it was.

~A collar was around her neck, she was being drug down a cold hallway to a room. That room held pain, that she knew well. She fought whoever was holding the leash attached to her collar, but all she received for it was a blow to the side of her head with some kind of club. "You are a disappointment to the doc, girl. You are a mistake and you sure in the hell refuse to follow orders. If you'd just kill the nomads brought to you, you might have a chance." She'd heard that gruff, cruel voice before.~

Sin grips her head and falls to her knees, the memories making her head feel as if it's splitting it two. An agonized scream escapes her lips as she falls over, trying to keep the blackness from engulfing her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 pm

A one time military vehicle moved over the vast wasteland that used to be Denver, Colorado. Inside were two people. The man was sitting on the passenger side with his head resting up against the glass of the window. Laid across his lap was a G36K semi auto gun. His left right hand poised near the trigger and his left resting under the barrel of the gun. Snoring softly as he tried to get some much needed rest, he didn’t seem fazed by the bumps the driver took from time to time.

The driver, a woman with shoulder length brown hair, moved along in the waning light of day. It would be dark soon and they needed to find adequate shelter before it got completely dark on them. It wasn’t good to roam around at night. They were too much of a moving target for some of the bigger, more dangerous creatures that lived nocturnal lives.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Femalehunter3

Finally the dim lights of a settlement began to come into view as the light of day faded even more. Pulling the vehicle to a halt, she reached over and tapped the man on the arm.

“Clyde….wake up.”

Clyde jerked awake pulling the G36K up and ready to fire at what ever needed to be fired at. When he realized there wasn’t a threat nearby, he blinked then rubbed his eyes for a few moments as he tried to let his heart rate settle. Squinting out the windshield, he talked to the woman as he pulled up a pair of binoculars and scoped the place out.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Hunter

“Your driving sucks, Bon. I’ve got more knots on my head from where you hit ruts in the road than that last fight I was in.”

Bonnie rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh.

“Next time rest your head against the seat instead of the window.”

Clyde didn’t say anything as he kept looking through the binoculars. Finally after some more moments of silence, he spoke up again.

“Yeah, well, last time I did that, you got pissed because I drooled on your shoulder.”

Pulling the binoculars from his face, he looked over at Bonnie with a devious grin.

“It wasn’t like I meant to.”

Bonnie just stared daggers at Clyde as he tried to make light of the fact her shoulder was soaked rather bad from his drooling.

[i1[/i]“So? What did you see? Anything we need to be worried about?”

“Nah….just some yahoo’s preparing their evening meal. I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Looks like we might be able to grab a bite to eat there before we hunker down. I saw a building that looked like we could pull the hummer into it without pinning ourselves in.”

Bonnie put the vehicle in gear and headed for the lights once more.

“Good….I’m friggin starved and could use something to eat. Your fireside menu’s have a lot to be desired.”

Clyde looked genuinely offended.

“Hey! At least I try….can’t say that for you.”

Bonnie nodded.

“I told you, I’m not the cooking kind. That’s what I have you around for.”

Clyde huffed.

“Yeah…..don’t I know. Just be quiet and drive, will ya?”

“I’m trying but someone keeps bringing up the obvious.”

Clyde didn’t reply this time. He was on alert as they approached the settlement. They could never be too careful for they never knew if they were heading into a nest of cannibals or a den of critters. It was better to be prepared for the worst then hope for the best and realize they were way wrong.

Last edited by RPMistress on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Once the pain subsides, Sin sits up and leans up against a wall. Well, she knew wherever she came from wasn't a nice place. And killing was apparantly what she was supposed to do, but wouldn't. She sits there for a few more minutes, her head in her hands, wondering if she was created rather than born.

Looking back up from her hands, she feels her canines again as they had lengthened during the memory. Shakily rising to her feet, she approaches the snack machine again, looking at it and at the reflection she casts in the glass. Her face is pale, her golden/amber eyes large from the memory. Running her fingers through her thick, long hair, she sighs in frustration. "I just want to know who I am and what I am. Is that too much to ask?" She's not really asking anyone in particular, just talking to herself once again.

Her stomach rumbles again as she studies the two machines. Looking around, she spots an old towel and grabbing it, wraps it around her right arm. Drawing back, she breaks the glass, cutting her upper arm in the process. "Dammit!!" Using the towel once more to cover her wound, she looks around for something to put the cookies, candy bars, crackers, chips, etc. into to carry back to the motel. Walking around the counter, she spots a cloth bag as well as a machete type weapon. Grabbing both, she quickly fills the bag, then approaches the soda machine. Using the machete, she pries open the door and is surprised that it gives easily, like it had been broken into once before. Inside are only a few sodas, 2 mountain dews, a pepsi, and 3 sierra mists. She takes them all.

Leaving the station, she scopes her surroundings, noticing that is now very dark and the scraping and growling noises have gotten closer to the gas station. She judges the distance from where she is to the motel. About 100 yards or so. Does she dare try to make it? Why not. It's not like she has anything to lose.

Slinging the handles of the bag over her arms, so that the bag itself is on her back, she grasps the machete and heads for the motel her amber eyes beginning to glow as her fear rises. The scraping noises are getting closer and her feet begin to move faster. Then, she sees them, the creatures making the scraping noises. They used to be rats or mice or some kind of rodent, now, they're abominations. Some walk on all fours others on two legs, they're teeth are all pointed, sharp and long. They're eyes actually glow red and there are a lot of them. Her blood from the cut on her arm is dripping and she sees them fight over the small drops of blood on the ground.

"Oh Gods!" The motel is still 50 yards away and these things are gaining on her. Her canines grow longer and sharper, her skin begins to itch, her bones pop. Suddenly, she's running on all fours, the bag in her mouth and just as she makes it to the door of the motel, one of those things leaps and sinks it's teeth into her left hind leg at the ankle. She yelps but makes it into the door, the rodent attached to her leg. Dropping the bag, she swings her head around and grabs the creature with her sharp teeth, yanking it off of her ankle and crushing it in her strong jaws. Tossing it to the side, she feels her bones pop once more as the fur retreats back into her skin and she takes on human features, finally becoming human again.

Looking down at her ankle, chunk that was taken out of her ankle when she tore the horrid thing away from her. Her arm is still bleeding, and she wonders why. ~Isn't it supposed to heal when I shift?~ she thinks to herself.

~She's now in the room of pain, strapped to a cold, metal table. A man in a doctor's coat is standing over her. "Ah, my little SinTara. What a disappointment you are to me. You don't heal as you're supposed to, you won't kill when you're supposed to, you didn't grow like you were supposed to, and you refuse to breed. I have no more use for you, my little she-wolf." She remembers the fear when she hears him whisper to 3 men to take her to the old city and dispose of her, in any way they see fit.~

The pain hits again, her head splitting under the pressure. Again, a scream escapes her throat as she slumps to the floor of the lobby. Tears stream down her cheeks as she holds onto her head, the bag of food and soda forgotten for now as it lays beside her barely clothed form. (She's wearing rags of what she had on, due to her shifting. Private areas are covered, but barely.)
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Stasinus

The settlement had been built further into the ancient ruins and Stasinus decided to skirt around the town, skulking though the darkened remains of structures that had obviously bore the brunt of the blast that had destroyed the city. The sun was but a sliver on the horizon now, and the desolate landscape was painted blood red, but to his fiery orange eyes all was bright as day.

The distant sound of a vehicle echoed through the scattered concrete and steel remnants and instinctively, Stasinus bounded high into the toppled wreckage of an ancient building. He leapt back and forth, climbing higher and higher until he was several meters above ground and felt safe.

Perched at the edge of what was once the roof, the lion-man spied the dust kicked up by some kind of jeep, at least that's what he believed it to be. He had never actually seen one before, only saw a picture of one once in an old magazine. Drawing his dark cloak over his head, he remained motionless, appearing to be part of the building as the vehicle drove by and though it was actually to far away for anyone to take notice of him, Stasinus still changed positions after it had passed. He waited until the sound of the vehicle could not even be detected by his sensitive ears before considering to move. Stasinus then sniffed the air and reached out with his empathy to detect any hostility in the area, then satisfied that all was safe continued to circle around the town, maintaining a safe distance.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 D11

Zack had been walking for some distance his heavy boots hitting the floor but he had a bad feeling of something moving looking back he laughed at his fear but his self conviction wasn’t working. He had reached the gas station at sunset beginning to feel a slight spring in his foot steps as the sun slowly went further and further down. When suddenly his vision changed from colour to a deep yellow seeing in the darkness he strolled into the gas station and laughed to himself at the sight of vendors as he reached them they were……

“EMPTY!!!” screaming to the air he couldn’t believe his luck it had turned horrible.

“Might as well jump into the fire next!” He suddenly regretted saying these words turning slowly on his heel for he had heard the sound of scuttling feet his hand raising to his sword he saw the small scurrying creature. His hand on his sword loosened as did his jaw as the numbers of the creatures began to increase he looked left and right his only option was to run around them it was open ground behind him they would run him down. So around……..or over?

Zack took a step back then another the ‘rats’ stayed still he looked beyond them he saw a motel. Slowly scanning its surface seeing a way in on the second floor through a window he took a large breath unsheathing the claymore he began a slow tactful plan of his run up for freedom.

Zack began to run into the mass of the rats they began to encircle him the ranks thinning to surround him at its peek he suddenly stabbed the sword against the ruins of the road. Vaulting him over the pack of rats he began to run for the motel. Halfway to the motel he began to put some spring in each step ready to vault himself up quickly he put the claymore into its hanging loop sheath. He finally reached jumping pace and leaped reducing the climb he quickly found his handholds climbing briskly and calculated as he had figured his plan just moments ago with a final effort he heaved himself into a second story window landing on a corridor landing.

“Phew I made it.” That’s when he heard the sniffling what he hoped to be a person crying he slowly picked himself up beginning to head for the half ruined stairs.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Again, the pain subsided, leaving Sin a crumpled heap on the floor of the lobby. "I was created. Oh my God." Pushing herself up, she runs her fingers through her hair, taking a deep breath and releasing it. "If it wasn't for the pain, remembering wouldn't be so bad, at least she knows what she is now, sort of.

Standing, she picks up the bag of food and sodas and heads for the room. Once there, she lays it on the bed and sits on the edge. She jumps as she hears a 'thump' come from above. Standing, she grabs the machete and heads for the stairs. She does not want to go to sleep with something or someone sneaking around on the second floor.

She looks down at the remainder of the shirt and jeans she's wearing and looks in the closet for extra clothing, but finds none. "I guess these will have to do." She is also still bleeding from her wounds at her upper arm and ankle. She shrugs her shoulderts, cleans them the best that she can and leaves. She heads out to find the staircase and finds it to the left of what used to be the elevators. Opening the door slowly, she holds the machete at the ready and heads up the stairs, not knowing what she'll find.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 pm

She makes it halfway up the stairs, before stopping. "What am I doing? Do I really want to continue? I could go back to my room, lock the door and just be prepared." Turning around, she heads back down the stairs, back to the room, locks the door, sit's on the bed and waits. She opens a Babe ruth candy bar and opens a soda.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:06 am

Jerimiaha Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Steven12 and Dog Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Dog11 , his constant companion, made their way across what was once western Kansas, from the smal farming town of Ruleton, Kansas, towrads the foot hills of eastern Colorado. A land once green and lush with wheat and abundant wildlife. But that was before the "Great Fire War". Now it was a lonely desolate land. Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Outbac10 . Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 R1645311

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Foothi10

"I just want you to remeber this was your idea Jerimiaha. We were quite comfortable back on the farm. Had a well, plenty of fresh water, food stored, a roof over our heads and now look at us. Out in the wasteland, headed for who knows where.....and I don't see or smell any food around. So if we starve or die of thirst it is your fault.....just remember that." Dog said then gave a disgusted snuff, as he peared over Jerimiaha's shoulder. Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Boy1_j12

"Oh quit your damned bitchin' will ya Dog, you been whinning since we crossed the Colorado line." Jerimiaha said as he looked towards the horizon and the foothills . "Besides, we were both getting bored and I ain't had a woman since Mildred O'Shawnasey in the back of that rust old Chevy van behind her pappy's barn., before the virus hit. I here there are woman beggin' for a man in Denver." Jeramiha said.

"Frankly I think this obsession of yours with mating with every female you see is down right disgustingly animalistic. ....... Yea I can still hear her laughing at you ....... and they will still be begging for one, after we get there." Dog said

Jerimiaha glared over his should, then suddenly went to his knee, bringing the old rifle up to his shoulder as a mutated jack rabbit the size of a small dog bounded out of a hole. Jeramiha squeezed the trigger and the bullet struck the rabbit in the head. "Dinner Dog" he said triumphantly, sprang to his feet and ran over to the jack rabbit, picked it up and tied it to his belt. Then they moved on.

"Nice shot Annie Oakley." Dog said "Just check the damned thing for radiation before you cook it, Chef Emeril Lagasse."

[Side note: Dog only speaks to Jerimiaha vocally when they are alone. The rest of the time he speaks telepathically to Jeramiha]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Femalehunter3 Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Hunter

Bonnie drove the vehicle carefully through the ruins of the city. Decayed, fallen buildings and materials from them littered the one time streets making it more like a maze she had to drive through. Clyde had actually opened the hole in the roof so he could stand up and get a 360 look outside. So far things looked to be a quiet, but looks were always deceiving.

The lights of the camp they spotted were growing closer, but before they could reach it, something else caught their attention. There was some movement up ahead and Clyde banged on the roof of the vehicle indicating to Bonnie she needed to stop. Pulling the Humvee to a halt, Bonnie peered out the windshield into the near darkness to see what Clyde had spotted to make him call a halt. She could see movement, but they were too far away for her to make it out correctly.

“What is it?”

“Crats.” (mutated rats that have canines and claws like large cats)

“You sure?”

“Yep. And something has really pissed them off.”

”A missed meal, I’ll bet ya.”

Clyde slithered back into the Humvee and closed the roof opening.

“I’m sure it is. And there’s too many of them for us to try and face off against. Best we take an alternate route around them and come out on the other side. Know what I mean.”

“More than you know. Just make sure we don’t get them on our tail.”

“Bonnie, you hurt me with your lack of confidence in my abilities.”

Bonnie looked over at Clyde and she started moving again.

“It’s not your abilities I have the lack of confidence in. It’s your need for ‘fun I dislike.”

Clyde grinned.

“If you weren’t such a stick in the mud I’d not have to look for entertainment all the time.”

Bonnie scoffed.

“That’s because I don’t consider suicide missions entertainment, asshole. I like to live, thank you very much.”

Clyde actually laughed.

“One day, Bon. One day you’ll get that itch and when you do, you’ll have to scratch it.”

“I don’t think so.”

The Humvee turned down a side road slowly making sure they didn’t draw the attention of the Crats. Those things ran in large packs and could devour a man, or woman, in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, the road they were taking was blocked and they had no choice but to back out and head towards the crats again. Fortunately, they were busy eating some of their own and wasn’t paying much attention to the vehicle approaching. That was the good thing about them. They had the attention span of a pea when they were eating. The key was to make sure they had plenty of things to eat to keep you from being one of them.

Bonnie stopped the Humvee about 100 yards away from the Crats. Clyde was already loading his G36K and opening the roof access panel. When he got out, he took careful aim. Four quick shots were fired and four more Crats fell. All too soon the others were on their fallen pack members and ripping their flesh off their bones. Clyde slid back into the Humvee and closed the roof access panel. Looking over at Bonnie, he grinned.

“Dinner is served…for them.”

Bonnie carefully maneuvered the Humvee dangerously close to the pack. Even as they were cannibalizing their fallen pack members, a few of them peered their red eyes at the slow moving vehicle. Bonnie saw the gas station and the motel on the other side of the road noting the Crats were between the two. Furrowing her brows, she made mental note of the location and when they passed by the Crats without incident, she picked up her speed and headed for the flickering lights of the settlement.

Turnign the headlights off, she pulled the Humvee up and stopped to let Clyde open the roof access and get a better look at the settlement. It was a few moments later before he slid back into the vehicle and closed the access panel again.

“They look normal. We’ll go in and if they aren’t normal, we’ll get what we need before we cleanse the world of their kind.”

Bonnie smiled this time.

“Did I ever tell you I liked the way you think?”

Clyde nodded and grinned.

“Yeah. But you can never tell me that enough.”

Bonnie turned the headlights and started moving the Humvee again and when they pulled up close enough to the settlement, the sentry posts held up their hands – and guns – for her to stop. Pulling to a halt, she turned the headlights off and rolled down the window.

“Hello? We’re just looking for a place to rest for the night and trade some supplies for food and water.”

The sentry on the drivers side slowly, cautiously, approached, gun at the ready. When he got closer, Bonnie could see he looked human. At least no outwardly signs he was anything other than human. The guard peered into the truck at Bonnie then at Clyde, who waved.

“You’re permitted to enter, but your vehicle and weapons have to stay out here.”

Bonnie looked over at Clyde then looked back at the guard.

“Alright. Let me pull it over here and turn it off.”

The guard nodded and as she pulled the Humvee off to the side near the entrance, she spoke softly to Clyde.

“Good thing I never leave home without my boots.”

Clyde was frowning as he nodded.

“Yeah. Me too.”

The vehicle was turned off, the windows rolled up and as they exited the Humvee, the guards walked over and surrounded them, holding their weapons at the ready. Bonnie and Clyde raised their hands before them and eyed the guards warily.

The guards used their guns as pointers.

“All weapons are to be removed from your person and left in your vehicle.”

Bonnie nodded.

“OK….OK….just relax fella’s. We’ll disarm and let the guns stay here.”

Slowly, Bonnie and Clyde removed each weapon they had on their body, except for the hidden weapons they had in their boots. When the guards were satisfied they were disarmed, they were both subjected to pat downs. When they passed that clearance, the guards escorted them to the gates and opened them up.

“Welcome to Perdition.”

Bonnie and Clyde looked at each other then moved into the encampment. It was, at one time, some sort of office building that had suffered a great deal of damage. Most of the roof was gone but many of the individual offices were still, for the most part, in tact. The center of the building was where the largest fire was coming from and as they made their way through the inhabitants of the place, they saw the large fire was a spit and on it were several small animals being roasted as well as some other foods being cooked. As they looked around, it seemed as though everyone was indeed human. Shrugging to each other, they made their way among the people, quickly blending in with everyone.

Last edited by RPMistress on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Zack slowly moved down the stairs he swore he had heard something he slipped on the last step landing heavily on his sword.

“Argh that hurt!” Slowly standing up dusting himself off he looked down to inspect his ‘suspect’ of a step that’s when he saw the tell tale signs of blood he quickly reached back but finding he had not spitted himself on his own sword he gave a sigh of relief. Then it dawned on him someone else had indeed been about to investigate him. Through looking at the step he saw they had decided otherwise crouching low he began to listen that’s when he heard the opening of a candy bar his belly rumbling at the sound.

He slowly checked the floor seeing blood here and there then looking at the door realising that’s where they had entered he walked over to find a tuft of black hair with silver tips pulling the photo from his pocket which had now been fairly scrunched he gave a snort of disgust as he began to iron out the folds but turning round he followed the blood slowly which led him to…

Room 12 where else would you hide putting his ear to the door he could hear the fizz of a soda over the silence he put his most friendly smile about to knock when suddenly he felt dizzy. This dizziness turning to pain his skull ready to split when he glimpsed something a cage with golden eyes smiling back at him a pair of slack jaws drooling at just the thought of eating him.

He took a step back in this pictured world finding he pulled his whole mind out still in front of that motel door his hand ready to knock. Zack shrugged nothing like a bad dream while standing probably hallucinations from lack of sleep trying to recall when he had last slept he rapped his knuckles against the door clearing his throat.

“Excuse me would you mind sharing some food with a traveller?” Praying that what ever he had hailed was indeed human as he hoped hearing the open can of soda and rustling of something he hoped was food.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Sin jumped at hearing the gunshots, falling to the floor and laying flat. She crawls over to the window and peers out from behind the curtains. She sees a vehicle, a man standing up in it through a hole in the top, and the crats feeding on the ones he's killed. Looking back at him, she gets the feeling that she doesn't want to be found from him, that he is a threat to her. Why, why is he a threat to her? She doesn't know.

Heading back to the bed, she begins to pack up the snacks and soda into her pack and searches the dresser for different clothes when she hears the knock.

“Excuse me would you mind sharing some food with a traveller?”

Looking around, she grabs her machete and stands on the opposite side of the bed, away from the door. "Who are you? What do you want?" Her canines begin to lengthen again, her fear of the unknown causing them to lengthen and her wolf to want to come out.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Oh, what was she doing? She knew from her training that you never answer. Her brows furrow together, how did she know that? Not waiting for an answer, she grabs the snacks, leaving 2 candy bars and a bag of cookies along with 2 of the remaining of the 6 sodas. She knew what it was to be hungry and she couldn't just leave nothing for this stranger.

Grabbing the short black shorts and the black sports bra she had found in the dresser, she crams them into the bad and quietly heads to the window. Looking out, she sees that the vehicle is gone, but the crats are still there. "Damn!" What is she going to do now. She's already answered the man on the other side of the door and now there's nowhere to go. The crats outside or the stranger on the other side of the door.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 pm

He had heard the gunshot but if you strained you heard gunshots all the time ao this did not bother him after all the ‘Crats’ were sitting outside maybe someone decided for a hit and run.

Zack lowered himself to the floor opposite the door giving a loud yawn as he wondered how the person would react to a new comer the person inside suddenly yelled at him he lifted his head only hearing it as a muffle. It was a woman’s voice he gave a slight cough at least he hoped it was human and with rational thinking.

“I only want to talk and even share it is rare to see a friendly face but if you see fit to decline my offer I will simply find a different room.” He stood up about ready to walk away but he wondered if the person would really admit a stranger so he leant against the far wall staring at the small view hole in the door used for ‘observing’ guests.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Sin looked around, trying to decide what to do. Does she let the stranger in or not? He sounds okay, but what you hear can be as deceiving as what you see. Deciding to take a chance, she steps closer to the door and peers out the peephole. He looks okay, but she can't see much of him. Yelling through the door, "Okay, let me unlock the door and I'll share my food and drink with you." She begins to unlock the door when another memory hits her and throws her back onto the floor away from the door. She lands on the floor, next to the bed. "Oh Gods, Noooo!"

~She's in a chamber of sorts and there is a small group of people standing in front of her, maybe about 4 or 5, 2 are children of toddler age. Her collar that keeps her from shifting has been removed and somehow, she knows that she's done this before and failed before. "SinTara, daughter, it is time for you to earn your keep. Show me the killing machine that I bred you to be. These people are nothing but filthy nomads. They are a dime a dozen, whatever that means. Kill them. Shift to that beautiful she-wolf and show me what you are made of." The voice from the walls causes her stomach to heave, but she retains control. Looking back at the small group, especially the children, she knows, that once again, she can't do this horrid thing. "NO!! I'M NOT A KILLER!!"~

Sin raises to her knees, her head splitting when another memory rises to the surface right after the first one.

~"I'm am so disappointed in you, SinTara." Two guards suddenly appear from a secret opening in the wall and quickly snapped the collar around her neck along with a leash. She is yanked out of the room, but not before she turns her head to the sound of machine gun fire and watches as the nomads are cut down where they stand, even the children. Screaming, she is taken back to her cell. "Now you will be punished, Sin, and hopefully, we'll get to watch." The youngest of the guards chuckles evilly at his comrades remarks.~

Sin screams in pain and drops completely to the floor, holding her head in her hands. "Oh, God, please, please, make it stop." She keeps mumbling over and over.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Her breathing harsh, Sin slowly sits up, then stands. She heads for the door to finish unlocking it and let the stranger in. She'd rather risk facing him then jump out of the window and face the crats.

Opeing the door, she stands to the side, "Come on in. The food is on the bed along with the drinks. Help yourself."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:51 am

Zack walked in slowly with a yawn he loosened the straps of his sword throwing the blade against a wall looking at the women who had given him shelter. To find her half naked looking extremely ‘dirty’….. he shook his head with a slight smirk turning round mumbling to himself he took of his coat holding it out to her half naked form.

“Wear it I’ll need it back but we can search later for some clothes that would fit you.” Handing it to her He walked over to the food on the old bed giving a huge smile as he saw the food he knew it was the contents of the vending machines by the gas station. Not saying a word he took a can of soda and a candy bar sitting on the floor next to his sword Zack pulled a picture from his pocket holding it up against the ‘saviour’ trying to match her to it then lowering it he gave a sigh.

He slowly removed what was used for his ponytail holder a slim strip of black fabric with a metal cross emblazoned onto it. With it out Zack gives a shake of his head his hair spreading out over his back.

“I’m Zack I come from the church of Vaeltra a simple messenger boy, who are you if I may ask?” with a friendly grin with no hostility in his actions as he opened the can of soda he looked round the room then his eyes resting back on Sin.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Her face pale and drawn from the pain the memories always brought, she couldn't help but notice the smirk at the dirt that streaked her and it made her angry. She couldn't help it if she couldn't find a decent place to wash or water to wash with. When he hands her his coat and talks about finding her decent clothing, she fumes.

Watching as he takes what she offered and sits on the floor as he introduces himself, she launches the coat at him, attempting to hit him in the face. "I'm SinTara and I'm sorry that I don't fit up to your expectations, but apparantly my food and drink do, so have it asshole." She walks over to the bed and grabs a few of the candy bars, some bags of chips, and a bag of chocolate chip cookies along with 3 of the remaining sodas. Turning her blazing aber gaze onto the man, she snarls, not even thinking that she'd be showing her longer than normal canines.

"Eat your fill, sleep, do whatever, but it's really rude to insult the hand that gives you aid." Turning, her ankle now swelling with infection and her arm still seeping blood, she limps out of the room and heads for another. As she gets in between room 12 and room 14 another memory hits her, dropping her to her knees a groan of pain escaping her.

~She's hanging in her cell, her hands bound above her, the bindings draped over a meat hook. The pain, the pain is awful, her back feels as if it's on fire. She hears a whistling noise and then another stripe of fire sears her back. The door to her cell opens and the doctor walks in, tsking at her. "All you had to do, my daughter, was kill them. Show me the true killer that I bred you to be." He shakes his head in disappointment. "What am I to do with you, hmmm? You are not what you should have been." He sighs, turns and walks out of the cell. "She has had enough Ox, drop her and leave her." The man named Ox, and a fitting name it was, for he is built like an ox and looks similar to one. He walks over to her naked body and cuts the bindings around her hands, causing her to fall to the floor. He gives a kick in the ribs for good measure. "The doc is getting tired of you rebellion, Sin. Remember that."

Next she's back on the metal slab, and the doctor is standing over her, a large syringe in his hand. "Ah, Sin, it's time now for you to leave your family. You are a failure and I must begin anew. This little shot is going to make sure that you don't remember if you survive what the guards have in store for you on the outside. I can't have you leading anyone back here, now can I?" The needle enters her arm at the crook of her elbow, then everything goes black.~

The pain slices through her head, causing her to scream as she falls to the floor again. "When does it stop?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Femalehunter3 Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Hunter

Bonnie and Clyde seemed to blend into the gathered group of people like they’d been there all their lives. They were introduced to a man simply known as “The Mayor” and after some bartering agreed on what supplies they could spare enough to trade for some food and fresh water.

Escorted back to their Humvee, they retrieved the items from the vehicle and headed back into the encampment o make the proper exchanges. Once all the transactions were done, they settled down and ate some of the food that had been cooking over the fire. What ever it was tasted pretty good. They weren’t about to ask for fear of what it might have been. They learned a long time ago to ask because the answer might make them lose their appetites.

They never strayed away from each other. Another lesson they learned the hard way. Never get separated. They were too easy of a target as individuals. At least together it gave would be attackers pause. Finally settling down in an unoccupied corner of one of the centralized rooms, they observed the group closely. It was still undetermined if they were pure human or not but right now, neither hunter had reason to suspect the crowd wasn’t anything other than that.

Relaxing a little and savoring the taste of their meal, Clyde let his brown eyes skim over the crowd like a hawk looking for its next meal. Speaking in a low tone so his voice didn’t carry, he spoke to Bonnie about their surroundings.

“So, Bon. What cha think?”

Bonnie looked out over the crowd with hooded eyes.

“Hard to say. Nothing so far shows anything but what’s on the surface. We’ll just make sure we keep an eye on things.”

Clyde pulled the bone he was savoring from his lips and used it to point at Bonnie with.

“Now that, Bonnie, is exactly what we’re going to do.”

As Bonnie looked out over the crowd there was something that didn’t set well with her, but what, she couldn’t exactly put her finger on. Even as the others seemed accommodating enough, it was like there was something beneath the surface that poked at her side like a stick in your crawl.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Zack feels his coat hit him in the face his own anger almost boiling his hands clenching into fists anger almost eating him as images plagued him of blood and death but he calmed himself remembering the last time his fury had eaten him he was just hungry that was all. As he reclaimed himself he got the name Sin from her mouth then he was handed his plate full the asshole having a burning ring but he observes to his peeked interest as her canines grew into more like fangs.

Then she begins to limp from the room he gives a small grimace at seeing the wounds which he had not noticed due to typical mans interest of the opposite sex bloody curse as it was he got up. Zack’s hand pulling stuff from his coat scratching his nose he realised it had indeed hurt as a bottle of antibiotics and other medical stuff had hit him squarely in the face when she had thrown the coat probably the last of it as he recalled.

“Damn it always bad impressions.” He gets up with a small medical box when he sees her screaming hearing her plea for a end in the corridor approaching he carefully wraps his arms around her

“Its fine nothing is gonna hurt you its already ended you’re simply in a motel stuck with Rude Zack your neighbour nothing nasty in here. Now let’s have a fresh start and I’ll see to those wounds of yours they seem to have got infected.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Sin cringes, feeling Zack's arms around her, she tries to sink into herself, make herself smaller, when she hears him say something about treating her wounds. She turns haunted, pain-filled, amber eyes on him, "Can you make the memories stop, too?"

She rises with his help and walks back to room 12 with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next