Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11 Sin smiles, "Okay, then. The attic it is." She heads upstairs and finds the door in the ceiling at the last bedroom at the end of the hall. Grabbing the pull rope, she gives a hard tug and the ladder comes down, almost on top of her. The steps are partially rotten, so she'll have to be careful as she goes up.

Taking her new knife out of its sheath, she places the blade between her teeth and heads up. It's dark, but her vision allows her to see fairly well in the dark. She pokes her head up and looks around, making sure that nothing is in there that would cause harm. Not seeing anything, she pulls herself up and looks around.

There a lot of old trunks, rotted, wooden rocking chairs, an old mirror, a yellowed doll, etc. She heads to one of the trunks and pries the clasp open, waving her hand in front of her face to dissipate the dust and sneezes anyway. Looking in, she finds old clothes, shirts, pants, dresses, skirts and blouses. Most are threadbare or fall apart as she picks them up. Some, the ones at the bottom, are in fair condition. She puts these off to the side to take closer look at later.

Moving to the next chest, she opens it, sneezing again. Inside she finds men's clothes, t-shirts, jeans, yellowed undershirts, socks, dress shirts, etc. As with the first chest, the clothes at the bottom are in the best condition. The next chest holds women's shoes and boots, the third one holds men's shoes and boots. In the final two, she finds children's clothes and stuffed animals.

~She's playing with another little girl. She's about 8 years old and the little girl is about 10. It's her sister, Alexandra. They're playing dolls before they have to go to bed.~

The memory goes into another one, her and Alexandra, only they're older.

~Sin is about 16, Alexandra is 18. They now live in cells, next to each other, but separated by a concrete wall with only a 12 inch by 12 inch window to allow them to see each other. Sin has watched as the doctor took Alexandra away for testing and they had just brought her back. Alexandra lay on her cot, crying, curled in a fetal position. Her body is bloodied and bruised.

Sin begins to talk to her, "Alex....Alex....don't cry, sis. I'll get us out of here, somehow. You have to be strong." Alex rolls over, her face tear streaked. "It hurts, Sin....it hurts. Don't let them try to breed you. It hurts." Looking down for a minute get control of the anger showing in her eyes, Sin then looks back up, a smile on her face. "Just hang in there, it won't be for much longer." Alex looks at her. "Doctor Bainbridge said that soon, it will be your turn." That's when the doctor shows up outside her cell. "It's time, Sin. Time to prove your worth. First, let's see how fast she will heal, then we'll see if she has what it takes to breed. Sin screams, knowing what is coming.~

Sin falls to the floor, her mouth open, but no sound escapes. She had a sister. "Oh God....Oh God."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:17 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Doctor Bainbridge, reached into the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out a bottle of amber coloured liquor and an old-fashioned glass. He poured himself a shot and boorishly inhaled the contents, then shot one more before standing and walking down a corridor at the back of his lab. Along the way, he entered a room where he obtained the carcass of a rabbit then continued onward, stopping at a dead end. The doctor kicked a concealed pressure pad on the baseboard and a secret passage opened that the doctor entered, descending down a steep stairway illuminated by blue LED's. At the bottom he wound his way through a labyrinth of caves until arriving at a heavy steel door which he unlocked with a key worn around his neck.

The heavy door swung open, revealing a chamber illuminated by an eerie blue glow. Holding the dead rabbit before him, Bainbridge carefully walked into the dark room, then he stopped when something far larger than hyena-hybrids stirred in the far corner.

"Alex." Softly called the doctor, "I have a treat for you." the doctor said as he continued to approach the center of the room. He stopped and shook the rabbit before him. "Do you want this?" He asked the giant shadowy figure in the corner, then the enormous creature which must have stood nearlly 12 feet tall, stepped into the light. The head of a wolf became visible, then it's powerful, humanoid body followed.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Lycanbeast2ye

"It is good to see you, Alex." Greeted Bainbridge, tossing the rabbit carcass in the air and into the beast's mouth. The Were-wolf-like, monster slowly devoured the meat and though the doctor was in striking distance the vicious beast kept it's distance.

"You are going to see your sister, very soon, my dear." Informed the doctor to which the creature just snarled and retreated back to it's corner.

The creature was once human, but shape-shifting exercises and an array of experimental drugs had turned the woman permanently into a wolfin-woman. Within her mind few memories of who or what she was remained, and all she knew was to kill and mangle, but not the good doctor of course.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin sat up, her head hurting, but not as bad this time around. She had a sister. She tried to remember what had happened to her, but couldn't. It would come, she guessed, when it came, not before.

Getting up from the floor, she grabbed the women's and men's clothing she'd found that were wearable in the trunks and finding an old bag, stuffed them inside to carry downstairs. She looked around some more and finding nothing realy important, she headed back down the ladder from the attic with the bag of clothes.

Heading on downstairs, she checks on the chicken jerky and seeing that it seems to be cooking the way it's supposed to, she heads on to the basement door after putting the bag onto the table. She heads on down the stairs into the basement and sees the water at the bottom.

"Zack....Zack....where are you? Are you still down here?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 D11

Zack had rooted round for ages when he found what all expected in some old farm cottage a shelf of wines at the back then he heard Sin’s voice he had been side tracked over wine for almost half an hour he picked two bottles which had attracted to him most. “Found well…. Umm…. Wine!” coming back to the stairs in the thigh deep water he reached the first step his heavy boot coming down onto the step.

“So what did you find?” Zack reaching Sin he was already opening one of the bottles he had recovered. He gave a fond grin to Sin as it opened holding the bottle from his lips he opened his mouth letting it fall into his mouth. Smacking his lips he gave a nod of approval holding the bottle out he gave it a light shake to indicate whether she wanted any. “Fruit juice?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:40 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin laughs at Zack, taking the opened bottle from him. She doesn't take a drink until they're back in the kitchen, then she takes a long gulp. "Wow! This is pretty good. Do you know what kind of fruit juice this is? I've never tasted anything like this before." She takes another swig of it, then sets the bottle down on the table.

"I found clothes," she smiles, holding up the women and men's clothes she'd found. She checks on the jerky, seeing that it's done, she takes it out and lays it across the sink to cool. "Zack, I had another memory while I was up in the attic. I remember my older sister, Alexandra. But, I don't remember what happend to her." She turns and looks at him, her eyes almost begging him to know something. "Do you remember her or what happened to her?" She takes another gulp of the 'fruit juice' starting to feel a little light headed.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Zack raised an eyebrow as she took the swigs and believed it was fruit juice. He watched the colour flow to her cheeks as she drunk more and taking the jerky out of the steamer. Zack went over to Sin taking the bottle from her with slight protest but he corked the end back up. “It’s an acquired taste drink to much and there are consequences.” He looked at the clothes more closely wondering which ones he would be seen dead in or wearable.

Zack began picking at pieces of clothing he scratched his head at the problems of not having a rucksack but he didn’t he lifted a finger representing 1 sec to Sin. Zack ran upstairs to the bed they had used stealing the sheet quickly he ran back down throwing his ‘essential’ taking care of the wine into the sheet then he tied it into a makeshift knapsack hanging it from his claymore. “To be honest the experimentation of your sister was probably the worst act me and the doctor had committed.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11"Hey!" Sin reached for the bottle as Zack took it from her. "I was thirsty." Sighing, she sits down but lifts her head quickly when she hears what Zack says after he comes back downstairs.

Her eyes narrow, "What do you mean, experimentation on my sister." She stands, walking until she's standing in front of him. "What did you help him do? What did you do to her?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 pm

“Permanent change the doctor called it.” Looking up to Sin as he sat down thinking over his words carefully. “It was one of the few experiments I participated in properly being the only one who could withstand your sister when as an animal.” He took a deep breath thinking further of the details bringing the bad memories to the front. “If you can imagine excessive amount’s of change, stress, risk and even combat can change a trigger within us to change permanently I was an opposite to your sisters case strangely going through the same stress even a later experiment a replica of your sisters I adapted differently to become more human than animal changing only slightly.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin let Zack sit, while she remained standing, listening to him tell her what they had done. "Oh my God. You both permamently change her. Into what?" It doesn't register what he says about himself, although it would later.

She begins to pace back and forth, like the angry wolf she is. A growl rumbles from deep in her chest. "Tell me....tell me what you both changed her into. TELL ME!!!"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Zack was finding the right words in which to describe her then he only had one sentance. "A twelve foot tall walking wolf." Thinking that maybe she would not understand the term werewolf. He knew the doctor had made one miscalculation when they had finished she was also stronger now than most of the the hybrid's dare he say even him the doctors right hand man. He pulled the wine bottle back out opening it he handed it to her. "We can stay here for another day if you want." He stood aiming to go to the basement for another few bottles of the wine he began to walk for the door.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11A walking wolf he said. She took the bottle from him and drank deeply. She barely noticed when he went downstairs or when he came back up. She had half the bottle drunk when he returned.

She turned her amber gaze on him, although now it was a little unfocused. "A walking wolf? You turned my sister into a walking wolf." Taking another drink, she threw the bottle at him, barely missing his head. "YOU TURNED MY SISTER INTO A MONSTER!!!!!!!!! YOU HELPED HIM DO THIS TO HER!!!!!!!! WHERE WAS I?!!!!" She tried to think, her brows furrowing together as she tried to force her brain to remember.

She walked around the table, then she'd pace, "Where was I? Why wasn't I with her? Why didn't you and the doctor do that to me, as well?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:27 pm

He stood at the doorway putting the bottles he had just collected onto the floor he looked to Sin. "We were going to but you did not 'pass' the doctors standards thinking that you would not survive the procedure." He kept his space knowing that she may need to unwind and being the only thing that moved in the room gave him as a very good target but he casually tilted his head to the side trying not to show his pain at telling pain such bad new if he hadn't told her she would have found out maybe later making it much worse.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin stopped pacing as she heard what he'd said.
"We were going to but you did not 'pass' the doctors standards thinking that you would not survive the procedure."

"You mean, I was too small, too weak, all that happy horseshit. But, Alex wasn't, was she?"

Sin is thrown to the floor, the force of the memory coming on almost causing her to have a seizure.

~"They're coming Alex. They're coming. What do I do?", Sin whispered through the little window between her cell and Alex's. "You have to live, Sin. You know this. Besides, you can't handle what they're doing so don't draw any attention to yourself. Just let them take me." Sin's head moves from side to side, mouthing the word 'no'. Tears stream down her face. "You don't heal as fast as I do, SinTara and you're not as big. What they're doing will kill you. Do nothing. You hear me, SinTara. Do nothing."

The men come, opening Alex's door. She lunges at them and that is when Sin sees her. She's already gotten more muscular and her teeth are more pronounced. That's when Dr. Bainbridge walks in and Alex settles down. Sin watches quietly. A different collar is snapped around Alex's neck as the guards lead her away. "Tsk..tsk. My little Sin, what a shame you are. Because of you, you're sister will not be returning. You are such a disappointment. Say good-bye SinTara." Sin sinks to the floor of her cell, sobbing for the sister she knows she's lost, all because she wasn't good enough.~

"NOOOOOOoooo!!" Sin lays on the floor, staring into nothing. "I wasn't good enough...I wasn't good enough. He took her. He killed her."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Zack walked up to her shaking her lightly. "He would not do such a thing she was his favourite he would never kill her." Then thinking in more depth. "What if i told you she sits in a large vault cell getting fed and simply left thier to her own devices which the doctor keeps secret from all other gaurds now i only stumbled upon it when Alex was moved i wondered where she had gone." He sat on the floor next to her. "We can go rescue her." Smiling slightly hoping to raise her mood.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin looks up into Zack's face, not sure to believe him. "She's...she's alive?" Sin sits up, her head splitting, but now she's smiling. "Alex is alive?"

She stands up, leaning on Zack as her head is now spinning from the wine and the memory. "Oh, geez, my head is spinning." She stares at Zack, trying to focus on his face. She begins to giggle.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin was feeling a bit giddy from the wine, wine that she thought was fruit juice. She looked up into Zack's eyes her own eyes somewhat glazed. "We should go...go find Alex. We should find her....get her out of there." She stood, swaying slightly, trying to make her way to the chicken jerky. "I just need to ....find something to put...this in." She turns to Zack giggling some more. "Why do I feel funny?"

Turning to quickly back to the meat, she sways then falls on her butt, laughing. "We should go...we should get Alex."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Zack gave a carefree smile as he stood back up to help her. “Well I told you their were consequences if you drank too much.” He found some grease paper wrapping slabs of jerky in them he placed them in Sin’s bag. “We need to take a break for you to recollect yourself, and then we will get Alex.” Walking back to her he sat down cross legged in front of her as she sat on her ass.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin layed her head back on the cabinet door, looking at Zack sitting in front of her. She gave a large yawn, her eyes trying to focus on Zack. "I don't get it, it's just fruit juice." She sits there, beginning to doze, then falling asleep.

A few hours later, it's still dark and she's awake, amazingly enough, without a headache. She stands, brushes off and smiles at Zack. "Are we ready to head out?" She grabs her pack and heads for the door. "Are you going to bring more of that fruit juice? That was pretty good, but it made me feel funny."

Once out the door to the farmhouse, she heads north, towards the bigger part of the mountains and the lab.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Zack and Sin travel north, heading towards the lab and her sister, Alexandra. It takes them a couple of days, and they stop during the day, resting in empty caves as Zack can't tolerate the sun very well. They're travel goes without a problem and they now share a close friendship, made closer with what they've already have been through together. Sin is beginning to have feelings for Zack, although she doesn't know if they're returned nor if they're right, as he was Dr. Bainbridge's right hand for a long period of time.

Along the way, Sin has had a few more memories come forth, causing them to stop and allowing her to recover as well as one time, Zack having to comfort and calm her after a particularly bad memory. She does remember a little more on the layout of the inside of the lab, but not much more and for the most part, it looks as if she'll be winging it as well as going mainly on instinct and elevated senses.

When they're about 200 yards from the billboard where they'll enter the lab, they find a small office building that is partially standing and make camp to discuss what they're going to do and how they're going to do it.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Zack had been travelling for the few days avoiding the day he knew he hated the sun he thanked Sin’s concern many a time as it irritated him but it was a benefit instead of having some walking steam pillar. Zack looked over to her now sitting in the office block he asked himself had he fallen in love or was it him playing his duty in he was confused for he had never felt love for anything much just great care which was towards his sword which did not retort or attack at an insult he found it confusing. He looked back thinking this was the most he had interacted before the Doctor’s socially most of the priests accepted a grunt as an answer.

The two sat in the ruined office block Zack was leaning against a wall a bottle of the ‘fruit juice’ by his side. He gulped another mouthful understanding that his system simply assimilated it and no effects happened to him. He gave a smile to Sin as he put the bottle back down his sword sat next to him leaning against the wall he had been cleaning its edge for the past few days making it almost keen enough to cut through stone. “Do we have a plan or are we gonna charge at the next sunset and release all the hybrids causing chaos allowing us to get to Alex or will we separate and do the chores at the same time?” cocking his head to the side like any animal Sin had noted that it was a habit of Zack’s when ever a question propped up and he was observing ready to take the answer in.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin was studying Zack from under lowered lashes as they sat in the office building when he spoke about their plans on getting into the lab. She reached for the bottle of 'fruit juice', taking a big gulp of it and scowling at Zack when he took the bottle from her.

"I'm not sure. Splitting may not be the best idea, but if we do split up, we need to find a way to stay on contact with each other. At the same time, the last thing we want is for Dr. Bainbridge to grab us both. Charging in would be a good idea, except that I'm not sure where the hybrids are kept or how to get there." Sighing, she pulls her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her shins and resting her cheek on her knees, her long hair trailing to the floor. "I think that maybe going in together in a day or two would be best, then we split up once in. That will give us a couple of days to find a way to stay in communication with each other and study the area."

Sin sighed again, reaching into her pack for a piece of jerky. Chewing on it, she swallowed and handed the rest of it to Zack. "Zack, what all do you remember of me in the lab? I need to know. Was I any good at anything or just one big disappointment?"

Last edited by SinTara on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Zack took a gulp of the wine handing it back to her at the evil eyes she was giving him. “Fair does splitting up would be bad unless we know where we going.” Listening to all she told him of her ideas so search it carefully then.

He frowned at her question. “I figured you were good at infiltration but the Doc didn’t listen, what you have to remember is also we only took research into reproduction and war.” Giving a grimace as he remembered having to brawl one of the hybrids it had been painful. “Well that’s my verdict you were only a disappointment to the doctor, in fact I remember many a time taking place of your doctor and sitting with you and Alex those were calm times.” Thinking back upon the time which was the only happy moment inside those walls talking to them as children to an adult the conversation had been about trains but the girls had ended it quickly by saying they had never seen or heard one so they couldn’t continue. Zack helped himself to a slice of jerky form his hamper-bag.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Rising and stretching, she walked over to a window, peering out at the huge billboard up the mountain above them.

"How do we stay in contact with each other?" She remembered Zack sitting with her and Alex all of a sudden and this memory brought no pain. She turned, her amber gaze truly studying the man now. "It was you....you told us stories when we were little and comforted us.....after......", she looks down as if in shame, "after he would try to breed us. Only, he didn't try to breed Alex, did he? He had planned to change her all along." She looked back out the window, tears glistening on her lashes. She angrily swiped them away. "He needs to be stopped, Zack."

Her body stance changes when she sees something leaving the entrance, an unseen door in the billboard opeing. It looked like Clarence, but she couldn't be sure. Watching, the creature disappears as it moves on.

"You know, we could die in there, Zack." She decides to be honest with him, for that very reason. She walks over to him and sits down next to him, her amber eyes staring into his eyes. "You need to know that I have come to care for you, deeply. I don't want anything to happen to you.....I don't want you to die because of me." Leaning up, she gives him a kiss on the lips, then settles back, "I just wanted you to know." Rising, she walks back over to the window and watches. "It'll be daylight soon. You should find a place to rest comfortably. I'll stand watch."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm

He watched her walk to the window observing then she asked about communication. “The guards may be still using radio sets we will have to check.” He scratched at the side of his neck as she mentioned the stories. “I tried to comfort the both of you but any signs of too much happiness may cause anomalies in the doctor’s results, I was never able to tell you anything amazing, Alex was never allowed to couple when we took a blood sample of her, the scientists noticed nothing but the Doc noticed a resistive streak which would cause her to kill any children trying to be born if unwanted.” He let his left hand glide across one of the 4 scars across his face. “The change had been wrong with me he wanted success at least once and he did.”

He thought over the idea of stopping Doc how easy it would be to simply release the hybrids and hunt down the filth. He had been still staring at the window when he noticed her moving to him crouching down he looked at those amber eyes being drawn into them. “Of course we could die but we intend not to don’t we.” He found it hard to break eye contact with her as they looked at each other she began to explain her feelings for him and her reasoning that he should not die for her but he knew he would die for her if it was the last moment in the operation. That’s when he was caught by surprise a kiss straight to his lips he blinked his steel eyes looking over her face then she got up his gaze following her with another blink he cleared his mind caught on his back foot as they said. “Thanks, for telling me.” He got up to look for a room or part of this ruin where Sun wouldn’t be able to ruin his sleep or rest either one he remembered the time they had been caught on their travels in the open steam rising from him a great laugh. “Call me if trouble comes it would be stupid to lone wolf it now.” With that he began to head for a dark room before daybreak.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Sin11Sin watches as Zack leaves the room to find somewhere to rest. She turns back to the window, watching the sun rise. She stays there for most of the day, watching the comings and goings from the door in the billboard. Mainly hybrids coming and going, fully armed. She got the feeling that something was happening.

By the position of the sun, she knew it was mid afternoon. She went to find Zack, taking their belongings with her. She found him towards the back of the building in what looked like a plush office with a couch. But, as usual, Zack was sleeping on the floor. She stood there, looking at him, wanting to lay down next to him, but even though she had told him how she felt about him, he had said nothing in return. So, she closed the door and went over to the couch, laying down. She slept until Zack woke her at sundown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 1
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next