Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 pm

RISE OF THE BLOOD MOON

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Lyand

A powerful figure easily bounded his way from rock to rock until he stood at the height of a stony peak allowing him to survey his surroundings. His blue skin blended into the night sky and his stiff slivery hair shone in the moon light as his ruby red eyes spied the gruesome scene below him. He had been alerted to the sounds of battle as he passed through one of the many narrow chasms cutting through the rocky terrain and standing atop his perch found the source of the fray. In the flat expanse just outside of the rocky landscape, a lone warrior stood amidst the remains of a horde of sand-stalkers, blood yet flowing from the tool that spelled their demise locked in his hand. He stood over the mutilated corpse of a woman, lamenting the loss of her then overwhelmed by the stench of foul scented creatures, spewed the contents of his stomach.

Beyond the warrior, the traveler's keen eyes spied another body, this one much larger and bestial in appearance. His body was riddled with several puncture wounds from the long piercing forelegs of the crab-men and he had bled out before escaping. A pity.

The fighter considered calling out to the other warrior, but his voice would hardly be audible at the distance and he hardly felt like traversing the many peaks of rock to reach the man. After all he could apparently handle himself and was in no immediate need of assistance, still he couldn't tell whether or not he was injured and so changed his mind. He looked over his shoulder, back the way he was going and thought of the warm tavern that was now only a few hours away. His belly growled and his back yearned for a real bed to sleep. "Another hour." he told himself. Just another hour is all it would take to ensure the well being of a fellow traveller, then he could carry on his merry way.

Last edited by Tiphereth on Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 AlucardDemon

Zack got up slowly wiping his mouth off on the back of his hand feeling the bile at the back of his throat he coughed trying to dislodge it to no avail cursing under his breath he took a few steps from the carnage he sat in a patch void of blood his face going slack with grief his eyes losing the sharp glint they usually had. He slowly placed the blade across his knees he began to wipe the sword off on his trousers cleaning the blade till the claymore was clean again he sheathed it to his back. “Damn it! Why did she have to die?” The voice in his head silent giving his moment of grieving but he could feel it at one side observing for him when it noticed something in the distance it did not bring this up as it moved not seeing whether it was coming for them.

Zack pulled the last bottle of wine he had opening it with his hands he took a large swig from the bottle setting it down next to him. “I guess I could hunt the Doctor down.” Finding some resolve the clouds lifting from his mind the thunderstorm fell as black matter in his mind the small demon forming from it. “Revenge!” the hiss of his words echoing through him his eyes seeming to focus again that was when he finally saw the figure coming towards them. “You didn’t want me to know?” The voice gave a small chuckle as it was questioned. “I’m sorry Zack but I didn’t want to disturb you till I knew its intentions.” Zack left the wine bottle where it was standing slowly. “You mean last minute when it had its teeth around my throat?” his question answered with hysterical laughter melding away as his demon left to reside further in his mind away from the outside world.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:19 pm

The large man moved smoothly, making death defying leaps across deep chasms as if they were common maneuvers to arrive at the edge of the plateau a good fifty paces away from claymore wielding swordsman. His own great sword remaining sheathed the impossibly large man slowly strode toward his fellow traveller his right arm outstretched before him with his hand open in greeting. He held the universal greeting until he was with ten or so paces of the stranger and only then did he slowly lower his arm, making no sudden movements else he alarm the man and provoke a fight that neither of them would win.

Studying the man's garb, Lyand began to doubt that he had anything to do with the fleeing vehicle he had recently seen streaking across the steppes toward the direction of the settlement. It was some sort of mechanical engine designed for travel upon steel rails, and it's appearance had preceded the rumble of an underground explosion he had first thought to be distant thunder.

"Hail, friend." Lyand called in a deep accented voice as he waded into the slaughtered mass of sand-stalkers. He then raised the back of his arm to his face to shield his nose from the stench of the creature's vile innards. "Are you injured?" he inquired, kicking aside one of the shelled corpses in his path.

Lyand had considered mentioning that he was bound for Sanguine Valley, but felt it prudent to learn more about the stranger before revealing his destination.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Zack watched the man land from his leaps at a good fifty paces away on the flatland his grip tightened slightly on his sword but hesitated to lift it which could be seen as a challenge to the man. He watched as the man held his hands open palms facing upwards. Zack had counted the steps between them when the stranger reached ten paces approximately lowering his hands Zack could not remove his remaining hand for his claymore would fall to the ground they both stood measuring each other when the blue skinned stranger spoke in a welcome.

Zack nodded to the strangers welcome. “Hail.” Zack was asked whether he was injured he realised he had not checked over himself yet. Quickly patting himself down from head to toe looking for a slick wet spot which would show if he had been hit by the spears of the crap but found nothing wrong. “I’m fine, thank you for your concern.” Zack was looking directly at the huge man amazed that such a being could be close to his height without being a monster but the red eyes were a beacon of abnormality. “May I ask what you are exactly with your blue skin and eyes?” A certain interest in what exactly had decided to visit him when most would have passed on by.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:45 am

It was not often that Lyand encountered other humanoids taller than himself but size was of little concern to the solemn warrior. "What I am?" The blue skinned man repeated as his sparkling blood red eyes drifted off to some distant memory, then looked over the sand-stalker corpses strewn about in an exaggerated fashion, "I might ask the same of you, brother." he responded.

Lyand raised his handsome face to the gibbous moon, his head resting back against his bull neck. "In time there will be more like you and I and ne'er again will such questions need be asked." he mentioned, then his red eyes drifted downward once more and settled on Zack, "I come from the north." was his simple answer and he left it at that.

Seeing that the stranger was none the worse after his battle, the large warrior turned and began to head back the way he had come. He cared nothing for the dead girl, nor the fallen lion man and satisfied that he had upheld the traveler's code pressed onward to his stay. After a few steps he paused and looked back over his shoulder, "Where are you bound, brother?" he inquired, then gesturing through the rocky terrain from whence he had come made mention of the settlement, "Two hours hence is a place called Sanguine Valley, a haven for those who walk on two legs and speak like a man. You are welcome to travel with me should you so choose." he offered.

Lyhand, not waiting for a response, coldly carried on with no concern for the rites of the dead. Whether he was unaware of burials or just didn't care could not be known, but his pace was deliberately slow. One would be able to easily catch him up, even after conducting a pagan ritual if such was their way.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan had been watching the scene unfold from where she watched on top of a ruined structure, 150 yards west of where the carnage was being revealed. Her genetically altered eyesight gave her a form of binocular vision, not near as good as a hawk's or eagle's, but good enough that she could make out the form of a body, two males, and another laying prone not far from them. She didn't approach as she'd learned through her travels to be wary, observe first, then approach if it was safe to do so.

She was intrigued by the 'demon' man's body language, able to tell that he was mourning the loss of the one the creatures had killed. She'd never seen creatures such as what she was looking at now. They were crab like and yet resembled a spider as well. And the males, the blue one was odd at best and the other...well, she had no idea as to what make of him.

When she saw them leaving the area, she waited until they were a good distance away before she climbed down and approached the body of the girl, almost losing her meal when she did so. Then she walked to the beast man, wondering if he he was alive or not. She was cautious as she knelt down beside him, checking for a pulse and breathing, keeping a look out for those crab like creatures as well as the two males who had walked away.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 5:30 pm

“I’m not sure whether to be glad or sorry when such a time comes for much darkness will fall over the world when such a time when more of us exist.” Hearing the blue stranger’s simple answer of coming from the north Zack was tempted to crack a joke on whether it was the weather which had turned his skin blue but he could no humour in himself to tell the joke. Zack watched as the tall being turned around Zack understanding he had abided the code. Then roughly inquired on where he was going his eyes narrowed as he had nowhere to go the mention of a settlement sounded nice. Zack did not want to slow this hopping man he would dismiss the help after all like Sin he did not want this man involved in his affairs. “I will travel at my own pace you may go quickly back to the settlement, I thank you for the directions I will make my way, May you make your own luck in this forsaken land.” As always Zack gave a formal bow at the end of his farewell standing back up straight he sheathed the sword looking back to Sin he did not have the time to bury her and even so she would be dug up probably and he had nothing to make fire with he gave a sigh whispering his farewell to Sin “May mother nature hold you as you die whispering of happy times in the glade.” Reciting an old tribal’s saying he turned slowly his back hunching he began to walk at a leisurely pace expected of someone browsing a town and not the wilderness.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Seeing that the beast man was dead, she rummaged through his clothing, looking for anything that would be beneficial to her. Finding nothing, she stood, stretched her back and turned around, seeing the that two men had stopped and the demon looking one was talking. She quickly hid behind the ruins of a small building, watching as the blue man went on and the demon one moved more slowly, looking back at the body the crab like creatures had been feasting on, before following the blue man at a distance.

Waiting a few minutes, she then went over to the half eaten body of the girl and looked over her, seeing the sword laying beside her. She picked it up, tested it's balance, finding it satisfactory she slid it through her belt and followed at a distance behind the demon man.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Zack kept his head low as he walked into the stone field finding the shadows of the rocks almost comforting the little voice gave a giggle and quickly commented on his rise in comfort. “A little shadow raises your spirits why don’t you let me take over?” Zack stopped himself before even considering the idea knowing what would happen. 2 hours hike the blue man had said add an extra hour for his speed and Zack realised how long the distance would be and looking up at the moon he gave a sigh seeing the tell tale sign of a sunrise in around 2 hours. “Not enough time!” stating the point bluntly to thin air. He continued walking in a slow southward direction Zack almost considered going at speed but he did not have the confidence the blue man had when leaping over...... Zack had stopped his foot in thin air with no floor below it. “Exactly what I was thinking of!” Zack looked left then right seeing it run for what seemed a mile in both directions sighing he took a step back indecisive.

Zack took the sword off his back throwing it the sword going end over end shining in the moonlight it gave a healthy sound as it embedded itself into the mud on the other side. Zack took 5 more steps back had he turned round he might have noticed the women but as fate has it he did not turn on his heel to take these 5 steps.Zack took a deep breath sucking in air he lowered his stance then in 3 giant steps unlike his normal steps he took the gully on jumping with a spring in his step the gully almost 6-7 meters he felt the light at first then a pang of fear could he survive this what if he was short the feeling lasting only a second. Zack landed heavily on the other side he quickly rolled on landing easing all the weight and momentum off his legs rolling with his arm and shoulder he stood back up brushing down his coat. He walked back to his sword retrieving it from the dirt. “Time to move onto the next one.” Once again continuing his casual pace south.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan watched in awe as the demon man leapt across the gulley. She wasn't sure she would be able to make that even with her enhanced genetics. Sighing, she began to jog, making it to the edge of the gulley as the demon man landed on the other side. If he saw her, he would clearly see the sword sheathed through her belt at her left side. Sin's sword....the one he'd given her.

Kaelan was unsure as whether or not to leap the gulley and decided to wait, allow the two men to get farther ahead until she was ready to approach them. Instead, she used her vision to catch sight of the blue man then looked back at the demon man. Crouching down along the edge, she waited for the time when she could leap the gulley to the other side, if the demon man kept going, that is.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 pm

The next chasm was less of a stride but just as deep and as Zack approached it, he could not miss the muscular outline of the blue-man sitting upon a boulder. Bathed in the moonlight, he appeared as stone, a still statue that suddenly became animate as he turned his red stare toward the man.

"I too race the day, brother, but I imagine for different reasons." he said, his deep voice echoing through the pillars of rock about them. Rising then he walked to the edge of the cliff separated by the crack, his fellow traveler meant to cross and pointed out into the darkness.

Far below them was a railway crossing a vast flat expanse. A single track that split into two for what seemed like a hundred meters, then merged back together again into one. A separation designed to divert passing trains and on the side track was a hand car, a small vehicle with a see-saw pump in the middle that would allow two men to use their muscles for locomotion.

"When I saw it, I decided to wait and offer you the chance to ride to Sanguine Valley. It would allow us to make the town within an hour." He informed the man, "What say you?"

The descent to the hand car, was steep but manageable for anyone with two decent legs beneath them which was why Lyand considered extending the option to the other traveler, that and two men would tire less than one over the course of the journey. While he was more than strong enough to power the pump car on his own, he would rather not roll into Sanguine Valley fatigued if he could avoid it.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:58 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Once Kaelan was sure that it was safe to attempt to leap over the gulley, she did so although she almost missed the other side, landing hard on the other side, knocking the wind out of herself. She lay there for a moment, wondering if her curiosity was getting the better of her. She decided that it wasn't as she would learn nothing if she wasn't curious, so she got to her feet and walked towards the second gulley.

Kaelan darted from behind one boulder to another, keeping her eyes on the demon man. She about jumped from her skin when she saw the blue man move. He'd blended in extremely well or she'd been so intent on not being seen by the demon man that she hadn't seen him. Either way, she darted behind a large boulder and peered around it, watching. She saw the blue man point at something and was curious to find out what but was smart enough to know that she needed to wait. When they moved, she would move.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:01 am

Zack approached the chasm a small smirk on his face especially when he noticed the blue man, he could not miss the muscular outline of the blue-man sitting upon the boulder. His enquiry of racing the day gave Zack some interest was he a troll which would set to stone if sunlight hit him but he pushed the idiotic ideas from his mind as he focused back on his surroundings. He walked to the opposite edge to the blue man looking down where he pointed Zack kicked a stone watching it tumble down then finally hitting the bottom. “Long way down.” The idea of reaching town in an hour was indeed tempting save him from camping outside on the cold earth. “It’s Zack by the way you can stop with the brotherly love.” He finally saw a way down and began to descend down.

Zack reached the bottom first drawing his sword a dark chasm a perfect nesting ground for sand stalkers and other animals he walked cautiously around in the bottom. After much deliberation and scanning he reached the cart he climbed up testing the old machine with a slight squeak the see-saw moved feeling some catch in it he felt the cart move along its tracks. “Nice find it actually works.” He sheathed the sword after a check of the perimeter of the cart finding nothing that looked out of the ordinary or dangerous just rock, more rock and a blue man-rock.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan was puzzled. She watched from behind the boulder as the demon man disappeared over the edge. She quietly snuck over, mentally cursing her curiosity and yet unable to stop herself from checking out what was at the bottom of the chasm.

She didn't see the blue man and assumed that he had already gone over, climbing down along with the demon man. She'd seen many interesting beings since she'd left home and all but on had been fairly friendly. That one had taught her a valuable lesson in watching first....observe before determining whether or not the beings are safe enough to approach.

She was mere yards from the edge and was peeking around another small boulder, checking to see if she should move ahead and peer over, seeing what was at the bottom. She still didn't see the blue man and figured he must have gone on down with the other, even though she'd only seen the demon man go over the edge.

She sat down for a few minutes, thinking about her mother, wondering if she was okay. As crazy as she was, she had to be. That thought brought a smile to her face, thinking about her mother's tirades on her life. She was comfortable all alone up in her mountain hideaway and Kaelan was too, for awhile. But, she was ready to find out was out here. What did the world have to offer? What would she find? A friend would be nice, she thought. She'd never had a friend except for a few of the strange animals around the cabin.

She shook her head, jarring herself out of her thoughts and peered around the boulder again, inching her way out from behind it to make her way to the edge and look down.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 pm

The giant blue man smiled at Zack. "Well met, but you see, we are all brothers." he parleyed with a benign tone. He then extended his brawny arm and as they solidified their meeting with a warrior's arm lock he introduced himself as Lyand.

He said nothing else of himself, only his name, before taking one side of the hand car while Zack took the other. As a gesture of good faith, he took the end that would expose his back to the direction they were traveling and proceeded to pump the winch that powered the vehicle.

The hand-car was actually motorized and the pumping action was a back-up. The first couple of cranks between the two men screeched, as the old gears grated, but it was apparent that someone had within the last year greased them as they began to smoothly run.

As they picked up speed, Lyand's silvery hair hardly stirred in the wind, and shimmered like brushed metal in the moonlight. His smooth, skin had sheen to it like polished stone and his red eyes sparkled like precious rubies.

"Sanguine Valley is a haven from human persecution but it is far from peaceful, so when we arrive be on guard. There are many cut throats lurking in it's dark corners awaiting to stab a warrior in the back." Lyand advised then grimaced then went to further describe their destination, "The settlement is an ancient junk yard of flying crafts, used by the army that once ruled this land. The largest ones sectioned into chambers and shops and the inn we are bound for is called the 'Bloody-52'."

Lyand then grew silent and fell into a rhythm, letting the sound of the hand-car lull him into him into a trance.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan took a deep breath and keeping herself in a crouch, moved quickly to the edge of the chasm peering over the edge. What she saw made her light blue eyes widen and her mouth drop open. Metal rails along the ground with a machine on them that had a dual sided lever in the middle of it and on each end of that lever was the demon man and the blue man. That was when she noticed that the 'demon man' wasn't a demon at all but looked like a normal man. Although, the way he'd fought those crab like creatures had definately made her think that he was demon like.

She watched as they began to pump the lever and got the machine moving. Looking behind her, she decided that she didn't have anything better to do and they were headed in a direction that she'd not gone yet, so why not follow and see where they were going.

Climbing down, she followed the tracks, using her binocular vision from time to time to keep sight of the two men.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm

“We are all brothers?" Taking the arm in greeting Zack carefully squeezed instantly judging the strength. “Well Lyand’s it is nice to make acquaintance.” Finishing the ritual of warriors they both took to their individual sides. Zack pumped it carefully timed to Lyand’s pace Zack’s hair opposite seeming to be Jet black eating the moonlight and flowing in a trail behind him his eyes hidden by the shadows of the moonlight behind him bowing his head forward slightly his coat billowed behind him his underneath shirt shown was almost in tatter many holes and large gash marks ran across the shirt and under close inspection it became apparent that the coat he wore had been sewn together and even patch carefully many times.

“Bloody-52!” whispering the name under his breath seeming to ignore all he was told of the flying crafts which created the city. “All I want is a drink.” He looked up slightly to see Lyand in his trance he gave a mental shrug as it was impossible with the constant rhythm of the pumping. They kept going Zack enjoying it and as he was just about smile when his smirk was wiped off his face as he saw the end. “Yo Oni-Chan if you insist on brother, we reaching the end we better slow down!” Seeing his eyes refocus on Zack the two of them slowed their pace Lyand then stopped leaping off Zack gently bumped it into the stoppers at the end of the track.

“We home?” Lyand gave a silent nod as he climbed up an insane steep staircase which led to the top of the chasm that’s when Zack almost thought he saw a shadow in the distance but shook his head dismissing it as an illusion he slid his hands into his pockets. The two walked up the last step finding themselves in the town many rope bridges crossing the expanse of the chasm the two continued through the town Zack saw the large aeroplane patched with corrugated iron sheets with the letters. “Bloody-52” in some red steel hanging above the door inside the aeroplane face was only one wall that was created from the aircraft the rest was a boxed house of corrugated iron. “Front decoration?” muttering to himself he saw the rooms upstairs but the pub which interested him a toast to the dead he thought at least to calm his nerves. Lyand became a shadow disappearing Zack could only guess that the man was going to his bedchamber where as Zack walked to the bar. “Red please!” The bartender lifted an eyebrow at the request. “You mean ale?” Zack bit into his lip in annoyance. “Red wine right behind you.” The bartender lazily looked to the bottles. “Oh yeah!” picking one up in a grubby hand he poured a healthy amount into a wine glass brimming at the top. “Thanks.” Zack flicked a coin at the tender who found difficulty catching it slapping it in the air several times before he got his meaty hand round the coin.

Zack looked down into the drink finding only a dull red reflection of the world and found to his amusement the room seemed oddly quiet he found everything had gone silent except for a dull breathing in the back of his mind. “Zack why do you loaf in such places the outdoors smells so much healthier than these mud sucking excuses of men.” Zack knew the voice ignoring it he took a sip at the wine almost gagging at the atrocious taste but finding himself he gulped another swig down.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan jogged along, not breaking a sweat nor breathing heavily. She had great stamina thanks to her genetics and could run as fast as a cheetah for short distances if she chose to do so, but then she would have to eat vast amounts of proteins and sleep for hours to recoup. So, she jogged along the tracks until she saw the cart a couple of hours later. Looking around, she saw the steps going up the side of the chasm and headed for them, making her way up them, albeit cautiously.

Once to the top, she saw the bustling 'town', if that's what you could call it, in front of her and took everything in that she could before walking towards it. She looked at the rope bridges then at the various species of humanoids walking around. Some were dirty, some clean, some shifty eyed and some just plain scary. She stayed to the shadows, but was already drawing attention to herself just by her bright blue eyes alone. She saw the old airplane with the sign 'Bloody-52' handing above the door. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she entered looking around the tough establishment.

That was when she saw him. One of the men she was following. He was sitting at the bar, a drink of something in front of him. She looked around, wondering where the blue man was. The black blade was hanging at her side as she took a corner table, watching with curiosity at the people milling around, listening to their conversations. She was like a kid in a candy store, a dangerous candy store, but to her it was very interesting and she watched and listened with wide eyes. But, she was smart enough to keep her hand close to the blade, sensing that not everyone in the place was trustworthy or nice.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Zack finished his first drink asking for more red this time placing the coin on the bar he felt the demon at the back give almost a giggle as it sat almost on one shoulder. “Drawing a lot of attention by drinking that stuff you know, shows you have class usually means money without a fight.” Zack almost whispered to himself asking the demon. “Who would start a fight here?” The demon chuckled. “You really are dull those four men who were on the second table in from the door.” Zack gave a fake yawn stretching his arms he reached for his drink lifting it up to his lips as he was about to take a sip of the acrid drink suddenly he was knocked on the arm the wine spilling from the cup his eyes seemed to brighten up. “Droplets of red so beautiful isn’t it Zack?” The person who had shoved him gave a wide grin sticking his face close. “Jesus your ugly.” The words slipping from his mouth he could only guessed they were shoved onwards by the demons in his head.

Zack’s eyes went wide as he saw the fury brew in the individual Zack noticed in the corner of his eye the three friends of the man getting from their chairs he quickly looked back to the ugly man not realising how wide he was Zack gave a twitch at the side of his mouth, Enjoyment? The first oppressor came in before the others had even got within five paces of Zack hoping to silence the upper class man. Zack watched the fist lift in slow motion and slowly unhinge towards him. he asked himself who would punch that slow then realised the colour was draining without his control from the world he quickly began fighting for his will but could do nothing to stop the demon from acting.

The demon now at the forefront seeing the world without colour he watched the fist come at his face then ducking he went under it, realigning his stance the demon moved a foot back bending the forward leg then releasing in an explosive manner his fist leading the charge a solid uppercut rocked the ugly face backwards onto his back a sharp crack as the jaw split under the force. The demon didn’t swing on its heel to face the next as he saw the black shadow of the man contrasted on the white floor approached he stepped back his elbow forced backwards. His steps took him on the left hand of the man who unluckily was right handed the elbow flew backwards in an arc slamming squarely on the throat. The second oppressor’s windpipe collapsing the demon watched in amusement as the man went down clawing at his own throat a smile coming across the demon/Zack’s face a wild grin his face seeming to split into a jagged crescent moon his eyes settling on the last two men.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan sat there in her corner when a scantily clad serving girl came to her table asking her what she wanted to drink or eat. She ordered ale, but before she could finish her order she saw three burly men rise from a table not far from her. She watched as the tall man engaged in a battle with the first one and took out a second, his movements once again telling her that calling himn a demon man may not be too off the mark. She looked around again for the blue man and still didn't see him.

Her adrenalin beginning to pump, she stood, a look forming in her light blue eyes that caused the serving girl to take a few steps back away from her. Kaelan drew the black blade she'd taken from the dead girl earlier and came up behind the two large men who were closing in on the tall demon man. She made eye contact with the demon man and watched as his eyes widened at the blade she carried.

Tapping the smaller of the two on the shoulder with the tip of her blade, she chuckled.

"Not nice fighting manners to gang up on someone. What do you say we make this a bit more interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 am

Lyand watched the fight from above. The ceiling to the lower level, if there ever was one had been partially removed, creating a balcony allowing patrons to look down onto the bar below. Stone faced he, observed his traveling companions fighting prowess and recognized the strange change that had occurred in his mannerisms and the way he moved. He had the upper hand against the three goons, but then a knife wielding woman stepped into the fray, apparently to even the odds.

The large blue man took note of two others approaching the stairway with malicious intent and Lyand peacefully barred their way. "Please brothers," he appealed to them, "There is enough violence."

The men stopped only because of Lyand's immense size, but cared little for his peaceful words, in fact it made on of them laugh. "Are bloody for real?" Asked one of the humanoids, a man with long dark green hair and dark bestial eyes. Then the other a smaller, dog-like looking man, growled and attempted to push past the large man, but Lyand stood his ground. The man with the doggish looking face then forcibly shoved the big man, and to his surprise he didn't even rock him.

Lyand shook his head slowly, his powerful, corded neck bulging as he twisted it to and fro.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:58 am

The demon was about to finish them the last two excuses of a thug when suddenly he felt a pulse in the back of his mind Zack still fighting forward colours trimming the edge of vision the demon clenched it’s fists bunching in anger at the will of his master. The demon shoulders slumped suddenly. The colour began dripping in a rapid flow across his vision the florescent reds and yellows of the inn. The demon saw the loss of his domination a black knife in a girls hand ridiculously happened to be an attachment to Zack in the world and a strong one at that as the colour finally sank in. “Maybe next time I will get to the real action.” Whispering under his breath as he stepped back from the controls letting Zack sink back into place.

Zack’s eyes softened to a dull grey losing the light they had a second ago the 3rd oppressor took a step forward wondering if Zack was still alive or at least asleep the man leaned forward with two fingers tapping Zack’s shoulder the fingers thumping on the heavy coat. Before the oppressor could remove his hand Zack’s came up clamping round the wrist with a squeeze and twist. First a blur of the room then a hard impact on his back horrible pain in his wrist as Zack span the man easily breaking the wrist he held as it took the sudden jarring impact Zack left the man crying in his place on the floor he stepped forward his head cocking to the side as he looked over the shoulder of the last man “Manners can be good but this was unfair these men were drunk, attacking me and not thinking straight they would have had more luck fighting you.” The last man was about to turn and run when Zack committed a straight jab to the nose the power and speed was much lower to what he had done against the others the man held his nose leaning forward his eyes wide as he saw a knee rising to his forehead stopping just before contact. “Drag your friends out of here.”

The man whimpering holding his nose as he grabbed one of the men beginning to drag him out of the way as the fight finished. Zack walked two steps towards the bar before suddenly attacked by a coughing fit into his hand others simply shrugged and turned round as the fight ended and others were interested in the angry tones rising from the stair case. Finishing his coughing fit he removed his hand a glimmer of red staining his hand he quickly wiped it with a black cloth from his coat hoping none noticed but he had a feeling the gypsy behind him wasn’t blind with Sin’s knife in her hand he gave a frown staring at the bright clashing colours of the gypsy gown she wore with twists of fabric in her hair. “Wouldn’t want a girl getting dirty hands over something this trivial.” Pointing to the man dragging the 2nd of the knocked out men.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 pm

As the commotion below came to an abrupt end, with one of the ruffians being easily man handled by Zack, the tension on the upper level of the tavern quickly diffused. Lyand's would be opponents reconsidered testing their skills against the muscular swordsman and slowly backed away while the blue skinned man confidently exposed his back to them and proceeded down the spiral staircase.

Lyand's long strides crossed the distance between the stairs and the bar quickly and he took up a stool next to Zack. He was silent, reserving his judgement of the man's rash and instigating behaviour as he sensed there was far more to him than met the eye.

"Something harsh." he requested from the tender of the bar and a shot glass filled with a clear alcohol was placed before him. Lyand tossed a small gold coin to the drink pourer. The man bit into the yellow metal and his eyes lit up and when prompted to leave the bottle he did so enthusiastically.

"Daylight approaches within the hour." he said to Zack, suspecting that his fellow night walker was well aware of the time. "A basement exists beneath the fuselage; they have rooms down there."

Lyand tossed back the clear elixir and winced slightly at the taste, expecting something far different, but he refilled his glass nonetheless. "Tell me friend. From where were you coming from prior to our meeting?" Asked Lyand.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Be_car10Kaelan didn't even have to use the blade as the man quickly diffused the situation. She watched as the blue man came sauntering down the stairs and sat down next to the taller man. She cocked her head to the side, studying the blue man and the other. She didn't know why she'd followed them except for the fact that she was tired of traveling alone and she was unsure as where to go next. When she saw the two of them, she impulsively decided to follow and see where their paths would lead her. Now she was intrigued by the two men, never having seen such as them before.

She looked around, seeing the different beings at various tables, some of them staring rather rudely at her, a gleam in their eyes that she'd never seen before. Those beings made her skin crawl and she quickly looked away from them. Taking a deep breath, she chose to be brazen and approached the two men, her gaze on the tall one who had been fighting. Tapping him on the shoulder, she sheathed the black blade and waited for him to turn to her.

"Are you injured?"

She looked over at the blue man, curiosity in her eyes as she studied him. Again, her head cocked to one side, her look becoming intrigued again before turning back to the taller man, waiting for an answer, her blue gaze boring into his.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:35 am

Zack lifted an eyebrow as he watched the gold coin pass hands. “That coin was worth this entire shack you know?” Picking up the bottle Lyand had bought looking at the brand and percentage almost smudged off the back Zack lifted the bottle. “Can I have a tot of this gold coined bottle, which should be named dry gin” A smiled playing on his lips feeling much at ease giving a slight chuckle unlike the irritated man he had been a minute ago almost like stress relief. Zack nodded an hour remaining he looked to the man with a frown. Zack grinned when he asked where from such a place he had come from. “Very far down South if you ever been it’s the mountain coast nice little Cathedral on a cliff, met my travel partner as you saw went over the dam to here.”

Zack felt a tap on his shoulder taking an intake of breath he turned slowly seeing the girl she was staring at the blue man with a curious angle of her neck much like his own on occasions. “Hello?” She looked back to him the blue eyes he saw seemed to bore into his but his eyes she easily saw did not stare as the others did in the inn at her his seemed to just reflect everything at them almost the gaze of a dead man a glassy glaze over them she could tell his happiness was easily fake. His eyes focused slightly a slight tremor of the pupil when she asked if he was injured. “Me, no why would I be?” He carefully pulled the girl between him and the blue man. “You want a drink?” before she could answer he had already hailed the keeper. “Drink for the missus!” the barkeeper picked out a different wine Zack frowned. “What’s that?” The barkeeper gave a friendly smile. “A drink for those who don’t destroy everything.”

With care the keeper poured the wine placing the cup in front of her. “enjoy!” holding his hand out to Zack waiting for the money Zack rooted in his pocket finally pulling a black sack opening it the variety of coins could be seen he pushed gold coins to the side in the purse and what the gypsy thought to be rusted silver coins seemed like platinum’s she could not be sure for such a wanderer to have such coins was almost likely to impossible. Finally he withdrew three silvers and a handful of bronzes. “Enough?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next