Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life after the Cataclysm - OOC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

So I thought I would put the story a little more on track to what we had previously discussed. I guess its sort of going the 'Thundarr the Barbarian' way. That was a cartoon, that Zack is DEFINITELY too young to have ever known.

Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Thundarr+the+Barbarian2+(1)

You can google it. The Wikipedia description is this:

'Directly inspired by comic books, with the likes of R.E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian and Flash Gordon, Thundarr the Barbarian is set in a future (A.D. 3994) post-apocalyptic wasteland divided into kingdoms or territories—the majority of which are ruled by wizards—and whose ruins typically feature recognizable geographical features from the United States, such as Atlanta, Cape Canaveral, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mount Rushmore, New York City, San Francisco or Washington, D.C. '

Like I've said before, there are no more original ideas left in the world. I think we've hit critical mass and all people are doing is reinventing the wheel over and over again.

So this is sort of the world I envision. The 'magic' can either be the result of mutations or it truly is magic. What is magic anyway? Maybe some people have mutated and are able to use it again, eh? Then there are some that have always been apart of it, existing since before the Cataclysm, like Zack.

The dark fortress is just a symbol. I have not implied that we are to storm it. Its as big as mountain range and it would take the entire remaining population of the world to bring it down. Its presence in the world just means that magic has come to stay. It's been around all along but now there's no disputing its existence.

So we have a world of science, with genetic and cybernetic manipulation and magic, and in some cases the two are used together. There might even be a magic using cyborg out there, who knows?

Sound cool?
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:18 pm

hmm we have our own OOC area woot woot and i see where your coming from i had a look at the wikipedia and i couldnt help but laugh at how close u were to the truth... still magic/cyborg WOAH!!! thats scary to imagine Razz i was gonna bring a second character along another biotic friend it seems im stuck to technology geek but that can be delayed afterall we have a journey to fortake it would beTOO much of a coincidence that the party and character to meet in wastelands
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

I thought it would just make sense to completely divide the stories.

Another cyborg would be cool. You're very good at writing them Zack. I like the way you balance them out with believable disadvantages, after all cybernetic beings can be very powerful, but of course its only natural.

I totally agree that running into another character in the wastelands is just too, 'convenient'. I, just like you, really hate it when that happens in stories. When it does, I just groan, because it means the author got lazy and waved their magic wand, turning a potentially great story into crap.

Yeah, Thundarr the Barbarian was actually written very well, for a Saturday morning cartoon, but back then, animators didn't have all the avenues that they have now. Thundarr's weapon the Sun Sword, which was basically a light sabre, was never fully explained as either 'magic' or 'technology', but rather it seemed a union of the two. I think that best defines the setting we should try to achieve. An amalgam of magic and technology.

There was another cartoon that came along later called the Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light. It took place on another planet, but it too was a story that united magic and technology.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm

I like it!!! I remember Thundar the Barbarian and hardly ever missed an episode growing up.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

I renamed the character thread, as in this forum it is shared between the two stories. I never realized that it was not clear as to how one would post a character for the Cataclysm story. Now one just has to state which story they would like the character enter.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry for the stall, Zack. Not really sure where the story should go from here. When I take the wheel and steer the story in a particular direction I like to try and accommodate all the characters but I am having difficult time trying to do that.

The setting has taken a dramatic shift and we are presented with a world that contains both modern and medieval elements. The world is of course, predominantly Median, but they have also suffered their own form of cataclysm and thus their world too is in a state of rebuilding.

There are still kilometers and kilometers of wastelands, but now among the ancient remnants of the Medieval world we see the remains of our own modern society. This amalgamated world needs a lot of defining. On one hand we have an apocalyptic scenario and on the other we have a developed medieval society that has suffered their own set backs.

The town the characters are currently residing in would be a good example of one of the isolated settlements of the medieval world, but who knows what lies beyond.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I'd like to bring Sin back. I think I jumped the gun in killing her off. Here's my idea for bringing her back into the fray, but I don't want to do anything without everyone's opinion who is involved in the story.

The body Zack found was Sin and yet it wasn't. It was a clone who was tracking her. Sin was severely injured by the sand crabs, but escaped. She has been surviving by remaining in wolf form for the most part and is following Zack's scent, trying to find him. Bainbridge is still after her, having found out that she and Kaelan are exactly what he was going for in his creations.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Fair idea I think you did kind of....think our story was dieing so as we like to say you cut the loose ends quickly not realising it would pick up again....i can accept a clone being mauled by sand crabs
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Not a bad idea, but one that's been done to death. I am sure we can all come up with at least a thousand other better ideas than the old 'switcharoo'.

Best thing to do is bring, Sin back. She will have memories of getting injured and almost dieing, everything else will be foggy. If it becomes necessary to go further into depth as to how she survived we'll worry about it then. That's all that really has to be done. I mean, Sin does have some regenerative capabilities, so it would make sense that if her injuries got too great and her body was still functional she would go into a coma and heal.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:02 am

Okay, thanks Tiph!!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:27 am

No prob. And please don't either of you hesitate to take this story off into another direction if you wish. The theme can cater to almost any kind of story. There are populated areas of Midean, futuristic wastelands, magical creatures, mutant creatures, you name it. It's such a mish-mash that it can go just about anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:13 am

decided we were falling onto a dead stop in the city so we moved it along my initial post was bad so i editted it to make sense ((lack of sleep probably didn't help))

So it should be understandable the question is like tiph said where do we derail this train of madness to start chaos again Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_geek the choices are so many

Oh yeah thanks tiph for sorting my hiccup on the colour of the topic didn't see the drop down box Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Suspect was it really there is the question lol
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: DATELINE?   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:05 am

Is there a current stardate of both Apocalyptic Dawn and Life after the Cataclysm and a approximate date of when the nukes were dropped? Like a 100 years have passed?

I need to calculate the correct stardate(s) for my next couple of posts in Ap Dawn.

Now or Future? -I can make something up for a date in that time period that you give me without worrying too much about where it would actually fall.

Example: right now the time is 1 AM on SEP 16 2010

So the stardate for what I entered is 64207.9

and this is the Star Trek month and year for the stardate above -March 2387

According to the startrek program i have

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 am

Altered States is actually only about two hundred or more years after the series of cataclysmic events that ended society as it was known. Originally I had imagined it thousands of years, but after realizing that only a small amount of time had elapsed I threw in the 'mutating viruses' to explain the accelerated 'mutant-monster' setting.

Life After the Cataclysm, i think is a bit further a head but it has evolved in a very different setting from Altered States.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:05 am

TheBishop? Isn't that an old Monty Python skit? A little before your time, eh bloodnose?
Back to top Go down
TheBishop

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:10 pm

its a friend of mine using my email i guess as he wanted to Rp and he has no source of internet apart from my house lol see im even logged in as him....damn it
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Ah... cool. Well, welcome aboard Bishop! Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life after the Cataclysm - OOC   Life after the Cataclysm - OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life after the Cataclysm - OOC
Page 1 of 1