Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:03 pm

I tried to accurately depict the surroundings. Dravesh and Kaelen are pretty much in open at the mouth of the alley and they are standing on a taller ridge of rock. Below them Lyand is battling his brother, and then beyond them is the fortress.

The invaders are flooding into the city, as depicted by the three that are currently being dispatched of by the four soldiers under Dravesh's command, but there could be more about. We just have to keep in mind the speed in which time is flowing right now and imagine that if there are more 'party crashers' around they would be moving at a snail's pace in comparison to what is currently happening.

Realistically, once Zack begins to move, he may very well accomplish quite a bit before the soldiers behind him are done fighting the last two remaining invaders.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Re-organized the forum. Was in a Cleaning Mood. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:49 pm

yeah i noticed jesus scary stuff tiph geek but still nice
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:44 am

Stonehaven

I envision that this settlement was developed from an old mining facility. The warehouse area, has several train cars of precious coal in storage but all the warehouses that their railway transports can access are also home to the vicious flying things.

The citizens of Stonehaven have created the core of the city from the remnants of the several buildings that were used in the mining operation and have since expanded upon them. Thus the small city is a patch work of make-shift buildings and fortifications surrounded by mountains. I would suppose that many of the buildings would also be built on ridges and so the buildings would rim the mountains and descend into the center.

I should have provided a better example in the last post but time caught me.

As for the people, the only thing I didn't describe well enough was that the 'security law-enforcers', which i think should ironically be called 'peace-keepers' (even though there is nothing peaceful about them) are everywhere. People are afraid them. They walk around like they are the masters, but naturally they do not want to inspire rebellion in the population so any bullying is kept out of the public eye. Stonehaven is pretty much a 'police-state'.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 am

Oh... and Kitty's appearance would fringe on what it considered 'Humanoid'. She is acceptable, but as her kind exists in that grey area, between Animal Mutant and Humanoid, people tolerate her and prejudice will exist.

Please feel free to add what ever you want to the dynamics of Stonehaven. I was also thinking of developing a reason for the hatred of Animal Mutants, which would specifically be from the fact that those are their enemies. That's just an idea floating around in my head. It's also nice to have some more antagonists lurking about, and a settlement like Stonehaven would probably have some nomadic tribesman seeking to take it over. A band of Animal Mutants would be good adversaries.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am

All sounds good to me, Tiph. Kitty is not so naive she doesn't know what pedjudice is or that hostility will be shown to her. I envision Stonehaven to be like a post apocalyptic Deadwood in the old west where there was law enforcement but they were more or less there for show and to keep things from getting TOO out of hand. They had a tendency to get heavy handed at times and other times they let the big bosses fight it out in their own way, just making sure innocent people didn't get hurt TOO much.

Anyway, I think everything will work with some tweeking.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 pm

I think the Wild West analogy is perfect. That would pretty well sum up Stonehaven and the technological level would be similar, except there is electricity and the use of it will vary greatly. I expect most would utilize very simple electrical devices, but a few are more savvy.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm

oh dear here comes the gruesome twosome they found each other and now are making an elite unit in an apocolyptic world Rarmon has ressurected from the ashes to strike again with his trusty partner Jack geek hope u dont mind me jumping straight back in Razz
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Shocked Totally did not realize this had started up again... I haven't had a chance to read it over as I literally just found it and don't have time but I'm assuming I can bring Gavin back from the "dead?" alien
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 am

Oh, I am sure with some creative writing you can resurrect him. Very Happy

And I am sure he can 'weasel' his way into Stonehaven.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey Zack, please try and keep the width of your images down to around 600 to 700 pixels, maximum. It stretches out the forum too much. I modified your graphic, uploaded a new one to my gallery and replaced it in the post. Please download it and upload it to your imageshack account if you want.

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 am

lol my resizer went wild so i tried putting that in only just realised the size was like 1200 :s osrry about that and thanks for resizing it for me
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 am

Ah... no worries.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 pm

OK

*giggles*

Somewhere along the way we all got wa off.

Kitty and Tom just arrived at Stonehaven just as the sun went down and Plumuth stepped out into the blring sunlight.

No worries. I know a way to get us all on the same time frame again.

I'll post that Kitty and Tom were detained for the rest of the night once they were admitted access into the settlement. Once I get settled tomorrow, I'll see if I can post something up there.

And Yes, Kasai, by all means, bring back your character. We left it so any character could easily join back in when and if they returned.

And, maybe I missed it (since Zack thinks PNCTUATION is not needed.....*pokes Zack repeatedly to get his attention to the fact he needs to practice PUNCTUATION*) but I thought no one was admitted intot he settlement without checking their weapons FIRST then given their weapons back, or at least some of them, upon clearance.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Zack wrote in that they snuck in and in doing so killed a few guards which is why his characters are in some hot water right now.

Yeah, it was day when Plymuth met up with Salem and he arrived in Stonehaven during the day but I didn't time lapse anything yet since he wasn't going to stick about with the rangers. Technically Kitty and Tom haven't yet arrived but then there is no way that Rarmon could be at the tavern right?

So we'll just have to twist the time line around a bit.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Ah, mystery solved.

When I posted that Kitty and Tom arrived, I put in the post they arrived at sundown but no worries. We can work it out with no trouble.

ZACK - I really dig your style of writing but without proper punctuation, I can't follow alon and much of what I need to know is lost to me. Can you PLEASE start using punctuation in your posts? Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top? It means so much to those of us trying to read what you've written and because you write such good posts, it would be much better for us to follow along witht he proper punctuation, sweetie. After all, your posts totally rock and to not be able to enjoy them properly takes away from the post as a whole.

P.S. - if you DON'T start using punctuation, I will be forced to SWAT you and I haven't had to do that very much after moving to the Bridge. So please...don't make me revert to my former ways of managing the site. affraid

LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Yes... I too wouldn't mind a little punctuation. I have learned how to read Zack's posts, however, but it does take me a little longer to get through them. For the most part though, I have noticed that you have become clearer, Zack or maybe I just interpret better now... who knows?
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:33 pm

ok dokey so more time is needed i was in a rush sometimes im sorry for that Embarassed ill make a metal note to seriously get proper punctuation sorted and SWATTING affraid scary stuff serious abuse Razz and i think its just the interpreting getting better Tiph to be honest lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

THANKS ZACK
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:25 pm

LOL

You totally rock, Zack. Thanks a bunch for giving it a shot for us.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am

i hope thats better...not to sure to be honest my head was like being pounded in half if your having troubles i would be glad to start again once the headache goes away pale
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 pm

It works.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm

There just organized the forum a little bit. Now, ALTERED STATES is separated from Cataclysm.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:00 am

Oooooo Sir Easy coming in with a mechnic can finally replace that old power drive in Rarmon lol hope this place gets a jump start due to this
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:15 am

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next