Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:08 am

OOC Comments!

I'll be happy to write a digest for this story too.

And thoughts about what title is the best for this story? So far we have:

*Apocalypse Beginnings

*Road to Paradise

*Band of Misfits

*Apocalypse Dawn

*Life Goes On

Any more ideas or does anyone particularly like any of the title ideas?
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:12 am

Oh, Dann, I didn't put your last TOM post up. I thought I'd let you do that.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Okay, I posted a DIGEST of this story in 'remnants of civilization.' As per usual, let me know if I need to add or change anything.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

So Apocalyptic Dawn sounds a lot like Gamma World to me. Are you familiar with it?

When the world went post-apocalyptic it was pretty modern, leaving behind many high tech weapons that people could stumble across. The people changed, however, as they mutated from the radiation over several generations. Some of the mutant progressed while most regressed, and Pure Strain Humans fortified themselves against the new world.

Mutants have both beneficial and non-beneficial mutations, and they ranged from Humanoid to Animal Mutant. There were also bio-mechanical enhancements that turned people into cyborgs. Some of the mutations people developed were powers like telekinises and other psychic abilities, and some also had biological or plant mutations.

Pure Strain Humans basically despise mutants, and will exile anyone that reveals any non-purities.

Does this sound accurate?
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Somewhat accurate, yes! But it's more complicated. That is a good way to sum it up, though.

But I will say that most mutations are restricted to physical ones. Because they have not been referenced in our story at all, I imagine that psychic powers are not common, but certainly not impossible, especially because this world is really open to anything the imagination can concieve.

Technology DID exist at an advanced level before the apocalypse, but now is rare and precious. Some people have managed to recreated certain levels of tech, while others live like settlers in ye olden days... etc.

One could rattle on about it forever, but specific questions are easier to answer--if you're thinking of creating a character???

RPM is in charge of the military guys, and I don't really know what their story is, but I have a HUGE plot involving this wondrous city called Paradise. So if you're interested in making a character, please PM me! Not that I am the mod of this story by any means--no one is--but you could say I have a lot of things in the works...heheheheheh.

Last edited by Vaudeville on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Okay, friends, I've taken all I think I'm going to take from old 'YZ' and put it in the 'Remnants of Civilization' of our new 'Apocalyptic Dawn...'

Truth be told, it was a lot of fun looking over the old posts and I am sure going to miss them. What a lot of great moments we had! Lots of laughs, too. It's so tempting to grab other scenes, like silly Skittles moments or moments of romantic tension between Kitty and Leo and put them here to save, but I realize we just have to let some things go.

The posts I chose to preserve I put here for primarily practical reasons, mostly to serve as references (except for the bike thief scene, which I admit was indulgent to add). If anyone else has similar scenes to add or simply favorite moments to post up in 'Remnants,' I'm sure we would all enjoy re-reading them.

All right! Let's keep this story rolling! There's still a long road to travel.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Plymuth makes me think of Water World.

Not sure that's a good thing...

And I think technically you're a mutant, not a hybrid. At least all other hybrids have been made in labs while mutated humans like the notorious "rex" are also part animal, but they are not considered a hybrid.

Besides, hybrids are lame. Mutants are where its at!

Hell, AD's hybrids don't even run partly on electricity and partly on gas! They're fakes I tell ya! Wannabe Toyotas!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeah, Water World was totally the inspiration. A lame movie, but a very cool character. I always imagined if Jason Statham would have played the role. That would have rocked!

Yeah, I wasn't sure. In the sense of the word a hybrid is a combination of species, and while he wasn't made in a lab, his mutations were caused by a man-made virus that had escaped it's lab and mutated.

In regards to Hybrid's in the sense of cars they are nothing but a lame excuse for a lack of a vision and a desperate attempt for the Gas and Oil companies to hold on to their empire. One day... one day, the original 'electric car' will return!
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Kutsu Shita wrote:
Plymuth makes me think of Water World.

Not sure that's a good thing...

And I think technically you're a mutant, not a hybrid. At least all other hybrids have been made in labs while mutated humans like the notorious "rex" are also part animal, but they are not considered a hybrid.

Besides, hybrids are lame. Mutants are where its at!

Hell, AD's hybrids don't even run partly on electricity and partly on gas! They're fakes I tell ya! Wannabe Toyotas!

*fies up the SM9K and programs it with the Socks objective*

Band Banter - OOC Swatmaster9000
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Welcome to the devine comedy, Tiph!

And here's an OUTTAKE from my last post (you have to read the post first):

Quote :
Feeling the seconds running like ants over his skin, each one bringing him a step closer to discovery and quite possibly death, Leo stripped the unconscious soldier in rough hastiness, using the man’s undershirt to bind his hands and his sweaty socks to gag him. He left the soldier in his boxer shorts in the shadows beneath the vehicle and crept back into the corral with the auto-bow and spare uniform bundled under his arm.

He stopped and did a double-take as he saw Skittles in Kitty’s cage, Kitty in Gregory’s and so forth. They had all come out of their unlocked cages and switched places while he was gone. They all snickered when they saw the look on his face. “Guys,” Leo huffed, “That’s not funny.”
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 pm

Ha ha ha! Poor Gavin...

Hey! Didn't anyone think my 'outtake' was funny? I guess I'd better not quit my day job, huh?
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:37 am

NO Amanda I thought it was quite funny. But then again I have been told I have a warped sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:56 am

No no! I literally LOL'd at your outtake ^.^

and I'm glad you enjoyed Gavin's druggie haze lol!
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am

I thought it was rather hillarious. I could actually see something like that happening.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:55 pm

Ha ha ha! I got you all to compliment me. What a devious plan! Almost as devious as something Socks would do.

Oh well, that wasn't really my plan.

Or was it?

In any case, glad you enjoyed.

Now what's going to happen?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:45 am

I cleared out the Geography, Flora and Fauna area. It's best if we just leave it specifically for informative posts, so that we don't have to scroll through discussions, it's just supposed to be an archive.

We can discuss anything placed there, here and then if there are any discrepancies or things to add the original writer can go back and modify their post.

That way we keep it clean, organized and easy to scroll though.

Sounds alright?

Eventually I'll delete all my banter in the first post and add a map of the world that we can constantly add to as things progress, or memories are jarred. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:17 am

Sounds good to me, I posted a few mutants to the gallery for general use.
Dann
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:35 am

Cool.

Now, if there is any information on any of these muties of yours you can do write up on each and post them in the 'Geography, Flora and Fauna. It's up to you, it's only necessary if any of these creatures has some unique abilities that everyone else would not be aware of.

I mainly thought to do this, so that some of the crazy ideas I have are not too 'Out of the Box'. I can submit something and you guys can let me know if I'm going too Gamma World.

It's also nice to have a bestiary to refer to.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:53 am

So I just threw the Oasis in the Desert out there. Don't force stories together on my account, but at least Plymuth is in the same general vicinity. I just loved the imagery of giant fake palm tree in the middle of arid steppes.

The hotel being the strongest structure of the small town, would have been able to survive the fringe of a nuclear blast, while other small buildings would have been damaged. That's sort of the idea. It would be common stop point for travelers, and the trapped doorway would be common knowledge for them. It is just to ensure that any animal mutants to go poking around in their rest spot.

It this is not possible in this world then I'll re-write the scene and make it a shack or something.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

I personally see no problem with it and it would be a good waypoint for our fugitives to head for first I think.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:41 am

I think it worked in just fine, Tiph.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:56 pm

So anyone considering to check into the Oasis, should know that Texan and his yet unnamed slave are completely up for grabs. As I have stated before, my NPC's are pretty much community property, unless I otherwise mention a personal interest them. Move them, kill them, whatever you like.

Texan is Human, and a complete asshole... if it were me personally in that hotel I'd a laid him out and left him for dead, if he wasn't so big. Maybe I'd sneak up behind him and crack him on the ol' bean. Smile Plymuth, however, lives by his own code of ethics, whether they be wrong or right.

The price for lodging is disarming the trap and the door to it is fairly noticeable, but I guess one would have to suspect it was useful to check it out. I dunno. I also have no idea what the trap is, it's meant to discourage beasties from entering so I guess it could be anything.

The setting of the hotel has hardly been set so just about anything goes... I was kind of picturing your basic small town hotel... similar to smaller version of a Holiday Inn.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Oh trust me, I'm sure Tex is gonna have his hands full.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:29 am

The next obvious question is. In which direction is the Oasis, keeping in mind that Leo's home is east. That is where Kitty and Leo were going I believe. So the Oasis would logicaly be either east, souteast or northeast of the "fugitives" present location which, if my memory serves me correctly was a devestaed St. Louis, Missouri. But as always I could have things front to back and down to up.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:42 am

I remember something about St. Louis as well, but for all we know the face of the earth has been drastically changed after the cataclysmic events during the end of the world.

But, more importantly, St. Louis was merely the beginning of the story, before we rebooted it and Kitty moved some unspecified place, wherever her home happens to be.

I haven't got a clue where we might be at this point in time. And, though Tiph might want to know for a map, I don't think it matters to the story.

Damned Tiph and his desire to put everything into some kind of rule or graphic that leaves us with almost no wiggling room.

DAMN YOU I SAY!

But they are damned nice graphics... I have to give you that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Band Banter - OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next