Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:18 am

I haven't looked at any maps... but the Oasis, is to the West of St. Louis.

Even before I was considering a post, that is exactly what I was thinking Socks. Earth's axis is naturally, shifting with time, so things would be a little different now. But I stress 'a little'. Now, if a nuclear war was able to shift the planet a bit more, which I doubt, the weather would be different as well.

For a drastic change in Earth's axis, we would have to be nearly missed by a comet or something. Unless of course we are in fact 10,000 years in the future or more.

Yes, I can't help it with my maps. I love having some defined parameters, but in this case it is not really necessary, since, hey... it's Earth. I just really love, making up maps, especially ones that portray a cataclysm.

I made one up once... long ago. What we have to consider are rising water levels. I imagine the caps have melted somewhat... and no it's not Water World... the added mix, really wouldn't flood our planet to that extent. Our coastlines should, however, be drastically different. Part of California should be in the ocean, as the fault would have no doubt given way.

In Canada, Hudson Bay would be massive, and would have returned to being Lake Agassi (I think that was the name) dipping down beyond the American border.

Stuff like that...
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:54 am

Or actually sea level may have lowered after the end of the world.

Large volcanic eruptions blow incredible amounts of dust into the atmosphere which block sunlight which then cause temperatures to drop. Blow enough dust into the air and you'll suddenly have a world which is a lot colder. The dust won't stay in the air forever, but despite that the damage may have been done and the planet starts to cool.

A sudden cooling of the earth would increase the size of the polar ice caps and other patches of snow and ice. These white surfaces will reflect more light than whatever it covered and thus instead of warming we could very well have cooling even after the dust literally settles.

I don't care either way, just saying it can go either way and there's no reason to believe one must be the true apocalyptic future over the other. And the deserts we've been describing can exist either way, despite the world having cooled (if we assume that). They would probably be a little colder than a typical desert we know, but they'd be just as arid and sandy, so it'd be hard to tell the difference anyway.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:12 am

Kitty's underground bunker was in the city formorlly known as St. Louis, but since the apocolypse and the fall out for all the years later, the climate has changed from lush vegitation to that of a barren wasteland. It's only in sproatic spots in the world now that any kind of fresh water and green grass and other plants are found. Paradise is one of those places, or at least it's what the band of travelers is being led to believe.

Anyway....it doesn't really matter. Basically the earth doesn't have different climates and seasons anymore. It's either a barren desert or a lush paradise. And getting from one of those lush paradises to the next is tking your life in your hands because you HAVE to cross the desert to get to them.

Make sense?

Totally confused?
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:52 am

It was St. Louis?

Hmmm, well, alright then.

Works for me
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:07 pm

a) I wouldn't worry too much about geography. Only if it pertains to the story--and since information definitely doesn't travel much in this time, most people don't know anything about geography unless they've traveled a lot, which most people don't because it's too dangerous.

b.) If Oasis is west of St. Louis, they definitely aren't going there. The heroes are already east of St. Louis and going further east...

Just a couple of thoughts.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Plymuth better get his rear in gear and head towards the east if he's gonna join up with the others.

Of course, there was just a series of explosions that surely someone would have heard, even if just faintly.

OR....you can simply change the location of the Oasis and say it's east of the city.

Depending on how things go back at the staging area for the soldiers, I was thinking the band of misfits would regroup at the Oasis (I was under the impression it was east of where they currently were and therefore putting Plymuth, Texan and the slave on a collision course) to make sure everyone was alright and figure out what they were going to do now. But hey! This is our story and we'll figure it all out.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Ah okay I'll make it in the east but it will have to be somewhat in the north and on the outskirts of the city. I'll have to rewrite a few sections.

--------

Okay it's in the east. Would Plymuth hear the explosions? Is he that close?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Well, the outpost is on the very edge of what used to be the city limits, in other words, just where the concrete jungle really started. OF course most of the concrete junbgle is decayed and ruined, BUT...the explosions of the grenades WOULD set off some other explosions since the grenades were discharged where some of their weapons and ammo cash were located.

I'm sure he would either feel or hear them. Especially when he goes into the basement.

Even if he doesn't, he'll have company soon enough. Of that, I'm certain.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:10 pm

The Oasis was a hotel in a small town on the interstate, so it would be a ways from the outpost and city limits. But Plymuth was able to see some specks of the 'city' lights in the distance, so as much as I would like to make him aware the shock waves would be pretty subtle and in the hotel he probably wouldn't have heard anything.

He'll be quite surprised when some new guests check into the hotel.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:11 pm

AH! I got it now. No....he wouldn't be able to feel the shockwaves or hear the explosions.

And yes...he AND Texan will be quite surprised.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:21 pm

No worries, I'm sure they will make it to Oasis now that it's on their general path.

Though I would be surprised if Plymuth saw any lights in the city. I'm pretty sure there aren't any, especially not on the surface. It's pretty much a ruin deserted by everything except 'monsters,' and what few can subsist in the subterranean tunnels below.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:43 pm

So I have to do a write up for those things that are in the pool area of the Oasis and maybe modify Plymuth's post about them. I was tired and didn't get as descriptive as I could. I'll get on that as soon as I can, but I don't think anyone will making it to the basement for a while.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:55 pm

They sound totally creepy....creeeeeeeeeeeepy.......kind of like a different aspect on "The Thing".

What ever they are, I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near them....period.
Back to top Go down
Vaudeville

Vaudeville

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Heheheh. I loved 'em. And with where our heroes are headed, there is a rather good chance they will run into things like that again. MUA HA HAAAA!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah, the are a little bit like swamp thing. You will really like my description of them, but I can't take full credit for the concept. Old school Dungeons & Dragons players would recognize them as 'Yellow Musk Zombies', only I have put a post-apocalyptic spin on them.

When they are fresh. They are dangerous! Plymuth just lucked out and didn't run into any of them. Realistically there are only a few, since Texan doesn't kill that many people at a time, but just about all the creatures are his victims over the years.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:41 pm

There's the corpse head orchid. I didn't get into any medicinal properties that the plant may harbor as I figured that could something that could be added later should any character ever decide to explore that area.

Texan set up the pool as his own little private 'Undead Plant House'. Who knows why? Guess everyone needs a hobby. What a Face
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Ok, I have a dumb question: Is everyone in the truck or are Gavin, Gregory, and Skittles still riding alongside with the bike?
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:59 am

"There be no such things as dumb questions. There only be stupid mistakes." that is what my old Irish Grandmother use to say. To my understanding the supplies, the creature, Kitty, Leo and Tom on in the truck. Gavin, Gregory and Skittles are on the bike. But I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:44 am

Dann is correct. Gregory, Gavin and Skittles are on the bike.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for that RPM and AWWWWWW to Leo/Kitty tender moment!! I love you ^_^
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:41 am

BAH!

It's a doooooooooomed relatoinship. It's crash landed even before it took off the ground. But it DOES add tension.....

keeps folks wondering what the hell is gonna happen next. 'Specially vwith them coming up to the Oasis and encountering what ever they find there.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:45 am

Hehehe keeping people on the edge like that is so sadistically delightful... I like it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:09 pm

coming back done character need to think where he slots in now affraid
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:12 pm

We'll be at the Oasis soon. That might be a good time for Rarmon to make his presence again.

We're waiting for Amanda (Leo's writer) to get back online tomorrow (Friday) sometime. I didn't want to move it too far ahead until she had the chance to come back.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:20 pm

aye thats sounds good ill be sleeping on a sunbed when you arrive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next