Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC

Go down 
+2
Tiphereth
Sir_Easy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:08 am

Welcome back to the fold Sir Easy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:11 am

Thanks Lac

Im thinking outloud here...I think the second war wagon has to catch some of your war party off guard and gun them down in cold blood....thats how you become involved in the gold heist with the rest of us.

Al

I had a mid life crisis this past month and ended up buying one of those canadian made roadsters called the CAN AM SPYDER. holy Toledo what a fun machine this is...
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:13 am

Tip..

Do you want me to play the McIntire part out with the keegan Girl or what?

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:03 am

Sure thing... I left it pretty straight forward what McIntire was up to. He's parading Maddie around town, in a sense humiliating her and then he plans on a lunch just to assert his control a little more and then he has a room waiting...

You can then add some more detail with Iron Wagon in the process if needs be, I'm sure McIntire might also have some business to attend to while he parades, Maddie through town like a dog on a leash. His main control is the fact that he'll kill Chase if she doesn't listen to him, but right now neither of them know that Dawson set him off out of town.

The other characters are waiting to meet up with Barr come nightfall.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:41 am

sounds good.

Please continue to play Mitch Murdock character with Dawson

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:35 pm

No prob...
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:05 am

Lac...

Comments or ideas...on the war wagon post, I wrote to you about good or bad idea?

Easy
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Tiph, isn't Barr on his way to the hideout to meet Sandy, Bones, and Jessie? At, that's what Easy and I thought.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:51 pm

He wasn't taking off until the evening. He told Sandy, Bones and Jesse he'd meet them at night fall so he could ride out under the cover of darkness. The deputy who actually worked for McIntire tailed, Barr for a while and that's where I established that he went into his house.

I debated having Barr miraculously survive, but realistically the guy never saw the unintentional attack coming. The devastation of his house was made pretty clear so I had to write in accordance to that.

If you guys want I can simply re-write the death scene and make it so that his body wasn't smoldering and that Mitchel just imagined that he was dead when he's really just unconscious.

Sir Easy's depiction of Barr, differs from mine and so if you keep him alive I would rather you guys take him over. I was trying to add more substance to Barr but when I learned more about his past, after the fact, it contradicted that development too much. It's Sir Easy's story... so he should direct as he see's fit.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:51 am

tiph...

well??? your post sort of did throw a wrench into the reduction gears. I thought Barr was on his way to meet up with Sandy and Bones cuz Barr wasnt hooking up with McIntire. In Marshal Barr's town.

I mean I can come up with some new angle but...it puts Sandy and Bones in a dilemna. Both would be offered to work for McIntire as hired guns and looking for 'Tumbleweed Dawson and the Keegan Girl . TW would be Wanted for Murder for Marshal Barrs' death and the Keengan girl could be an accessory.

Getting to my writing...I sometimes put too much emphasis in my writing and when I overwrite someone's character I need for all of you to tell me.. so i can rewrite the post. PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:23 am

Sure, I'll let you know. In the case of Barr, I really didn't know what to suggest. I started making him out not to be such a bad guy when it fact he was, so things went a little awry. It happens.

I personally kind of like when unexpected things happen. Sometimes they're not beneficial, but it's interesting to see how things turn out. If in fact I had felt that Marshal Barr's death would have completely disrupted the story, I would have wrote it differently.

My thinking was... the Dawson character had it in for Marshal Barr... or at least that was my interpretation, so, to me, the story dictated that a stick of TNT directed by that character, even unintentionally striking the house of an enemy would end badly.

At the time, I also assumed that it was known that Barr had told the others he would meet them in the evening and he had already had a brief encounter with McIntire at the jail that went a little sour, so Barr was lying low for a while. I wrote that he didn't care about what happened to Maddie... (drawing on his ruthless past a little) and so he was in his house for a bit, just killing some time.

I like the way you adjusted things anyway. Now, Coyote Hills will basically fall into the hands of Buck Daniels I guess. If you're looking for someone else to attribute the shots that Dawson took to someone else, Buck would be a prime candidate since he would have been right around there, and he's loyal to McIntire. In fact he was probably the guy who pulled him out the building if you want to get specific.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:52 am

Good Idea...I forgot all about Buck Daniels. Im going to edit the post and add Buck Daniels. Then we can move forward and you did interpret that there was a tab more to Barr's past that TW wanted to make a point on.

Ok we're on the same page...it is good to make different things happen, like the first post Lac'Nal wrote in ch 1 raiding my cowboys...totally unexpected. I liked it that way...makes you think...yeah that did happen back in the day...

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: HEALING TIME..HAS LAPSED   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:11 pm

TIPH

timeframes...need to advance the time frame so that McINTYRE and TW are healed...say about 7-8 weeks have passed?

What'll you think...or do we need more time 11 -12 weeks or wha t to move the story along?

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Just write in the length of time you deem appropriate. We can probably go with less time, say seven weeks or so. Sure the characters would still be tender but they'd be moving around and in most stories healing time is subjective.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:06 am

7 weeks ok... that works for me.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 am

In the Sandy, Bones and Jesse time line we need to eat up six weeks of time. So I figured they go could after Mitch for a while then we'll have to figure out a believable way to have them spend the extra time.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:35 am

Awkward...
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah... very much so... I am not sure what to do. Going off on a tangent might not be the best, but the six week lapse occurred to that McIntire and Tumbleweed could heal up.

I was sort of thinking we could lapse some time in pursuit of Mitchel... but is that realistic? Not really. He really isn't that integral to warrant that much attention from the main characters.

Possibly what we could do, however is reduce that six week period to about three days or so and rely upon the unrealistic healing time that we see in the movies all the time. Quite often the hero gets the piss knocked right out of them, then after a good nights sleep, they're ready for action the next day. Van Damme was famous for these regenerative episodes.

Perhaps that is the answer.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:47 pm

We could always fudge it over and say that the 'three' of us hung a good while at the old shack, eating jerky and drinking the stolen whisky, that could eat up a good chunk of the time. That and your suggested time compression could glaze the time over for story's sake...just one bear's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I like that... we'll let Easy be the judge.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:14 pm

unrealisticly I wrote in 6 weeks with TW but it does seem like alot of time...

I like subbear's idea....

Lets stretch it over two weeks .

Because the segment, Im working on Sheriff McIntire is freakin mad and he's worse now then before as the segment im writing dictates.

Easy,
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

New character added. William McCabe younger years I tried to keep new character as close as to the character in 1880 storyline

Easy

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Maddie doesn NOT whine!!! She gets pissed, but she does NOT whine!!!! Razz LOL
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 pm

TOO FUNNY
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: three towns   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:09 pm

THREE TOWNS

1) SHADY GULCH

2) COYOTE HILLS

3) SLIPPERY GULCH (4 DAYS RIDE NORTH OF SHADY GULCH)

DO WE NEED TO ADD A MAP TO EACH AND ANY OTHER DEMOSGRAPHICS TO KEEP IT INLINE WITH THE STORYLINE?

EASY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next