Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC

Go down 
+2
Tiphereth
Sir_Easy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:06 pm

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Bones_11

Okay, Bear. What d'ya think of this one? Think maybe this actor captures the essence of Bones. I could be wrong though. Looks pretty cool anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Awesome Tiph, this is solid gold! I liked them all, but this one is a home run.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 am

circle m thanks Tiph
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 am

I just loss 2 hours of writing out my post to catch up to the perfect spot to enter in the story when I hit preview to view what I wrote, the pic came out too small. so instead of posting the story I hit gallery and loss the post.

I guess Ill have to try and remember what I posted and rewrite it.

Easy
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 am

Damn, have done the same thing my own self. I hate it when that happens, makes you want ta throw your pute out the winda..
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Sin, I am not beating you up, however a .22 caliber from a rifle would not knock a man off his feet. I would suggest increasing the caliber of Maddie's rifle to a .44 caliber.

Common Guns in the Civil War
1860 Henry Rifle
The Henry rifle was created in 1860 the year before the American Civil War. B. Tyler Henry invented both the cartridge and the rifle that are known by his name. The 44 Henry rimfire cartridge was the first practical fully complete self-contained metallic cartridge. The Henry Rifle was a further development of prior attempts to make a repeating firearm.

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 1860_h11

B. Tyler Henry invented the rifle prior to the Civil War

The metallic (copper or brass) case of the cartridge effectively sealed the breech of the gun to contain the hot propellent gases. The priming element was inside a folded rim. The firing pin struck the rim without piercing it. The 22 Short rimfire dates from a few years earlier, but lacked power for practical self defense. Henry was able to make a mass produced cartridge with a significant powder charge.

The 44 Henry cartridge was comparable in power and competitive with military pistols, but was still under strength for military shoulder arms and buffalo hunting. The majority of Civil War military shoulder arms fired a bullet between 350 and 500 grains propelled by 40 to 60 grains of powder.

The 44 Henry rifle was carried in the Civil War but was not widely accepted nor popular with the Army. And the Army could not readily transport the extra weight of all the ammunition the soldiers would shoot from a repeating firearm.

The Henry was a little tedious to load. The magazine was a tube under the barrel and loaded from the front end. The magazine tube was rendered delicate for military service by a lengthwise slot on the lower side. The slot is necessary for retracting the follower and spring into the front end section for reloading. The slot and follower precluded a wooden forestock.

A few shots rapid fire on a sunny summer day would make the barrel too hot to hold. The average man could shoot all 15 shots of the Henry rifle in about a dozen seconds. The Henry did not have a wooden stock at the front end to protect the shooter's hand from a hot barrel.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Okay, thank you.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Okay, made the adjustments on the posts. Thanks, Lac.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 pm

You're welcome, I did not mean to be niy picky but has we have discussed accuracy and believabilty is crucial. Oh on secod thought I gues I was being nit picky Laughing
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 pm

It's not a problem and no offense or feelings of being beaten up were taken. LOL You are right, we need this to be as believable as possible. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:45 pm

ok im going for a short post...sin says you guys already posted where I tried to make my entrance...no biggie...Im going to post the same post anyway...add some thrills and frills ...you'll be abloe to hear my .50 hawkin echo off the canyon walls...

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

By the way...chapter 2 should be titled NO MAN"S LAND...heading for Coyete Hills through indian territory
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Cowboy Holsters needs some input   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:24 pm

LAC,

Can you help add some of your history findings to this glossary

TXS
Easy
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 am

I would be happy to, may have to add them in spurts.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Updated storyline summaries   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 am

Tiph,

Go to UNDER THE BRIDGE and look up the topic titled updated storyline summaries..

I left a question in there to you

Easy
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

In answer to your query about the story... been waiting for Sub Bear to return and also I am not too sure how to steer Sandy, Bones and Maddy. We can either 'write out' the time lapse or just have them appear in Coyote Hills.

I am thinking if McIntire's clever, he's somehow already gotten to word to the marshal of Coyote Hills and made sure they are on the look out for Dawson (if he is indeed still on his way to that town). I thought he was on the run, then he ended up saving one of his lost calves so I wasn't sure exactly where the story was headed.

Could a rider of McIntire's beat Sandy, Bones and Maddy to Coyote Hills? I am not really sure about that one either. I was trying to allude in the story that McIntire might not want anyone reaching Coyote Hills and bringing in an outside lawman... but for him to withdraw his men could only mean that he's confident in his position and feels he's above the law. Which is a good flaw for a villain.

So that's basically where my head is right now. Just wondering which direction to go. Sandy and Bone's goal was to fetch the law and ultimately challenge McIntire... but Sandy also has some ulterior motives as well concerning the iron wagon... Sandy and Bones would be anti-heroes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 pm

My opinion is that we move up the time-line some and have them either close to Coyote Hills or in Coyote Hills. But, I'm easy to please, LOL so whichever everyone decides is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:57 am

here's what I'm thinking..

Dawson is still on the run from McIntire..trying to get to Coyete Hills. On his way, he runs into the apaches in the dry river bed. Later on, during a monsoon that is very common in AZ, he catches one of his lil calves that ran off while the Apaches raided his crew. Dawson begins his run across the desert to Coyete Hills. He has no idea that you are following him. He begins to find more and more of his loss herd and wanders off the trail until he has about 30 head. Somehow your party past him up on the trail and you're a days ride ahead of him. He knows McIntire's goon squad is still pursuing him, what he doesn't realize and neither does Sandy n Bones is that our Villian, Sheriff McIntire has already informed the Marshal in Coyete Hills and there is an award posted for all four of us...$200 a piece for you both, $150 for Dawson, killing two of his deputies and Maddie...maddie was never liked by McIntire. He despised her, his attempts to win her over never worked (she saw right through him) Now Sheriff McIntire has never liked the idea of Maddie helping the Apaches, so he has an award posted for $100 on Maddie for harboring fugitive Apaches on her ranch.

WE'RE unaware that our Villian (MASTERMIND) has acquired the latest technology from Back East. All those gold (iron wagon) runs is making him filthy rich. He's using apache slaves mining the gold under the town of Shady Gulch and has purchased a telegraph machine (Morse code). See Inventions page (history in the early 1800's)

Somehow or some reason...Maddie and her sidekick (NPC) ridw ahead into town while you two, Bones and Sandy..decide to hit the iron wagon by yourselves in open territory. I figure you two are apprehended in a botch attempt trying to steal the gold from the iron wagon.There were already wanted posters out on you both and McIntires' goons apprehend you both just outside Coyete Hills.

In Coyete hills a day later, Dawson meets up with a friend there to find out he was a wanted man by the law and 3 others have been apprehended...and McIntire wants to hang all of us back in shady Gulch and the Marshal agrees with him, more or less is paid off by McIntire. Somehow Im apprehended as well.

On the trip back to Shady Gulch, Maddie's Apaches (LacNal) attack the posse guards..we're rescued. Back at her ranch, we all devise a plan (Sin, Sub Bear, Tiph, Easy, Lac) with the Apaches to take out McIntire's goons, defeat the gatling gun protecting the gold on the iron wagon and steal the gold with the help of the Apaches raiding party.[flash][/flash]
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 am

Sounds cool... lets not get ahead of ourselves though, best we leave some room for some spontaneity. I like the idea about the telegraph... that will also McIntire to easily get the drop on the characters in Coyote Hills, through some means or another.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Think we might want to add a narrative to the page..sort of like a NPC to give tramatic details of weather elements...etc..?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Good post, Easy. I like where the story is headed.

We'll just right away our end and I think we should do what I like to refer as a 'Chinese Time Lapse'. I've watched a lot of kung-fu movies and without any lead up or explanation time just lapses weeks or even months in their stories.

Sandy, Bones, Maddie and Chase will arrive at Coyote Hills and we won't worry too much about adhering to a specified time line. We'll just write it out and hopefully we get to the town sooner rather than later. The pieces should just naturally fall in to place.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:20 pm

thanks and agreed I think the story has lots of potential to get even better...

Wwait until you see what our mastermind villian is up to next...and the out of town visitor that shows up from Back East...

it gets even better

Easy
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 am

Updated the city map of Shady Gulch
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Tiph

Can you play the NPC Coyote Hills Marshal?

Easy
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm

By your last post, are you indicating that you want me to have Maddie follow Sandy and Bones? I don't want to read it wrong, but at the same time, Maddie would have a heck of a time staying put.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC   SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPURS N SIX GUNS - OOC
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next