Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:59 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Planet-of-the-apes-6

Dravesh growled angrily at Zack's insolence. How dare he insult him in such a lewd manner! With ease the ape-man hefted up the heavy scimitar and brandished the broad, curved blade at him. "I have not troubles wielding my sword!", he screamed aloud and his choice of words made one consider what 'sword' the ape-man spoke of.

It was now not only obvious to Zack, but to everyone watching their exchange that the ape-man was just about done talking. The tall man had struck a nerve and Dravesh demanded blood in return.

"Draw your sword, Zack!" challenged Dravesh and as he moved away and into the open floor, he took note of something the girl said. She had mentioned someone from the past and inconsequential assistant, which meant the gypsy bore some kind of connection to the old lab. Yet another aberration that slipped it's collar it seemed. He would have to see to her after he dealt with his fool hardy foe because if there was thing that Dravesh couldn't stand was loose ends. Sin was finally dead and he didn't need some ghost from the past resurrecting her memory so soon.

When the girl spoke to him, Dravesh lashed out. "Hold your tongue girl!" he spat, "Else I cut it out!" His eyes raged with a frightening fury, the as he turned back to Zack they sobered somewhat. "Now, where were we? Oh, yes. I believe you were going to consider drawing your sword, or are you too much of a coward to face me."

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Lyand

Lyand remained quiet and still while he watched the ape-man with half closed eyes. A near-by guard, menaced him with his 'electric spear' and warned him to stay seated and the big man peacefully obeyed. Taking another sip of wine, he shuddered slightly, as if chilled but then quickly regained his composure. With each second that passed his strength grew with the setting of the sun and looking to Zack, he knew that his attributes were also getting stronger, but the sun still hung in the sky. Would it set before the beginning of the battle? Would he be a match for the ape-man?
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:46 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 AlucardDemon

Zack gave a grin as he looked down the blade of the sword. “I’m sure you can.” Sarcasm dripping from the sentence. He took a step back again finding the point of the ape’s sword waving a little too close to him. Zack looked down to the bottle of wine he drank the final bit. His finger tracing the scar upwards stopping at his hairline he held his hand there watching as the monkey was enraged. “A rabid animal waiting to be put down.” Zack turned smiling to Kaelan but she saw his eyes were empty of emotion he was back to how she had seen him when he had been fighting the men a shell his eyes glazing like a dead man’s.

The look in the monkey’s eyes seemed to unlock the demon or maybe the sun had set enough that the demon could finally step forward. “No honour needed?” Zack stood next to the demon taking an external look upon the situation. “I will fill his pride I will fight with skill not tricks.” The demon nodded its understanding “May Kades gates swallow him into the abyss and turn him over.” Zack lowered his head. “No not this time we should simply end his pain simply basing him on current actions would make me a hypocrite.” The demon shrugged walking back to its observer seat “Do what you will Kade will have others!”

Zack drew his sword slowly the dark blade slipping into a guard stance horizontally held in both hands the claymore was longer than the apes scimitar almost touching his neck where as his was still a good distance from Zack. “I am no coward but I thought it would be unfair at this” questioning as he stood statue still even his coat did not stir as he held the blade unwavering thinking he would need no more strength but he still felt stiff knowing he should prolong the fight allowing him to gain enough strength. Zack lifted his sword into a salute in front of his face he had decided on defensive. “Come if you think you have the bravery to step where only demons sleep.” Zack stood his feet wide a stable stance taking something he knew would be stronger than himself he only had technique on his side and a grinning demon waiting for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:41 am

Lyand felt the cool relief of the approaching night wash over him. As the bloodied sun ebbed behind the deep orange cliffs, the sickness he choked down began to subside. He straightened in his stool and flashed his red stare at the guard beside him. The man was fit, but hardly a worry to someone of his stature and he knew it. Still, Lyand respected the man's authority and cared nothing of what the guard may have done or would do in the future, it was not for him to judge.

He returned to watching the impending battle. The ape-man, 'Dravesh' was the aggressor. He took up the offensive while Zack with the longer weapon, wisely prepared to defend. As the ape-man grit his teeth and gripped his sword he could see the powerful corded muscles ripple beneath his black hair. He was indeed strong, further displayed by the way the heavy scimitar bobbed from side to side, the strength of his wrist alone swinging the otherwise over-weighted weapon as he taunted Zack.

Lyand's eyes narrowed as the ape-man's body tensed. He could see the subtle shift in Dravesh's weight. Soon it would begin.

Dravesh's mouth twisted into a vicious grin. He crouched down low, so that Zack towered even higher above him and held his stance, peering from beneath his heavy brow line at the tall swordsman.The he moved. The guards, gasped as the ape-man had moved so fast that the table that was next to him seemed to appear in his hand.

"Enough!" Boomed a commanding voice.

All eyes looked to entrance of the tavern where a massive man filled the doorway and those that recognized the man fell off their seats and to their knees out of respect and fear for their lord.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Bloodhand

Lord Kullen Bloodhand stepped into the 'Bloody-52' and a troop of guards spilled in from behind him, filling the tavern.

Dravesh still preparing to throw the table, relaxed and panted out the adrenaline surging through his body. His eyes darted to Zack's then back to the lord, curious why he would interrupt their duel.

Lord Bloodhand strode across the floor, his heavy steps echoing through the silent room. He stopped beside Dravesh, staring at Zack. "Sheath your sword." he quietly told Dravesh and when the ape-man hesitated, turned his scarred head and glared at him.

Dravesh complied and wiped the spit that accumulated round his mouth with the back of his arm. "Fortune smiles upon you!" he cursed Zack.

The lord motioned for the ape-man to fall in rank and Dravesh reluctantly skulked away. When the ape-man was at bay he turned his cold, sunken stare to the tall swordsman. He momentarily glanced at his companions, then focused on the woman who held her knife to the throat of one of his men. He uttered not a word but his eyes told Kaelen that she had best sheath her weapon, but did not wait for her to act before he spoke.

"No one duels without my consent. That is the law!" Growled Bloodhand, then he turned to those that bowed before him, "What is the law!" he demanded.

"The ring of pain." They responded in unison.

The lord then returned his dark stare to Zack. "The ring of pain." he repeated, "It is how we preserve order here. Two stand! One falls! And to the victor go the spoils. This is our way, outlander." He held Zack's eyes for a moment then his stare drifted to the blue skinned man.

Lyand was curious to find a hint of recognition in the lord's eyes. A disconcerting look of apprehension, fleeting as the beat of a moth's wing but it had been there.

"Need I remind the lot of you," the lord continued, "that we are at war. Maulgath threatens to attack at any moment and we can spare no blood on trivial disputes." His eyes then flashed back to Zack, "If death is what you seek then look for it on the battlefield."

The lord was silent then. He paused if only to see who would dare speak back to him. Only the guards, Dravesh and the three strangers remained standing in his presence but he did not hint that they revere him so, all that he seemed to be concerned with is whether or not they would fight on the side of Sanguine Valley. He did not say it, but it was clear that he demanded the strangers to choose their side, right then and there.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Zack heard the yell of the man he flicked the claymore into the floor between him and the new comers he looked over the crosspiece at the growing crowd of guards. He frowned at Lord Kullen’s entry the man had stopped a dual usually such an act got you killed but old ways had been abandoned. Zack looked at the man his eyes seeming to refocus the glaze leaving them the demon almost gave a cry of disappointment. “God damn it Zack they always spoil our fun the ‘law’ he calls it.” The demon gave a laugh as it slouched in its seat watching what happened. “Or maybe fortune smiles on you Dravesh, who knows?”

“He turned to the Lord looking him up and down listening to his speak of ‘The ring of pain’ the demon gave a laugh. “Could be our day job Zack get those muscles of yours working.” The demon snickering at Zack who looked at the lord with interest. “You are at war?” Zack gave a bellow of a laugh at the Lord’s face. “That’s why you shelter the doctor?” Zack couldn’t stop one hand on the sword the other on his stomach holding the laughter. Zack straightened slowly looking at the man’s face. “I’m sorry that I can’t join your army with the Doc in your army with my old pal Dravesh, I’ll leave town now if you would let me.” Zack picked out the claymore with his hand he sheathed it beginning to walk towards the guards for the door.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan glared at Dravesh when he told her to shut her mouth, then smiled sweetly at him, only the smile did not reach her amber tinted blue eyes. When Lord Kullen stormed in, she couldn't stop the grimace, looking at the scarred man who's beady eyes made her more uncomfortable than Dravesh did. When his glare touched her, she simply glared back but lowered her knife as she backed away from the guard. Her brows furrowed again as she remembered Dravesh mentioning someone named Bainbridge and wondered why that name was also familiar to her.

At the mention of the 'ring of pain' she listened closely to what was being said and kept the dna of the wolf close at hand, keeping her keen sense of hearing and smell. She couldn't stop a chuckle at Zack's dry humor as he laughed as he mentioned the doctor.

When she saw Lord Kullen's gaze come to her, then look at her blade that even though lowered, was not sheathed, she stared back, not lowering her gaze as the patrons of the tavern had done.

"I fight for noone but friends and myself. You m'lord, are not a friend if you keep company with the likes of him, unless you are making pillows out of the hair I am sure he sheds. I will leave with Zack when he leaves, but I do thank you for your hospitality and wish you luck in your battle with whomever it is you battle with."

Noone could mistake the growl that came from Dravesh and she didn't miss the glare that he threw her way. A glare that promised retribution for her words. This time, she met his glare with one of her own, as with Lord Kullen, not lowering her gaze.

Kaelan then walked over to Zack, keeping track of where everyone was. She stood in between him and Lyand, who was still seated at the bar. But, her gaze kept drifting over to Dravesh, knowing that somehow from somewhere, she knew him.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:36 am

The guards prevented Zack's exit and before any violence was provoked the heavy steps of lord Bloodhand drew near, the past the warrior. He moved into a corner of the tavern and those few that occupied the area quickly cleared out. Kullen then turned to Zack and gave a subtle gesture to one of the now vacant tables. Frantically the bar keeper who seemed to have appeared out of no where, was cleaning it and he had already brought with him a tray with the best bottle of wine his meager establishment had. A bottle reserved for just such a rare occasion.

When Zack seemed reluctant the lord spoke. "Do me the honor." he said encouragingly, "What 'ave you to lose?" he added, then looked across the room to the blue skinned man, "Him too, and your woman is welcome."

Whether or not Zack or the others wished to join the lord was immaterial. The tavern was teeming with guards, and their present option of a peaceful discussion was far more attractive than the alternative. So they found themselves sharing a table with the very man that harbored that man which Zack swore vengeance against.

The inn keeper quickly returned with a platter of meat and other delicacies and nervously placed them on the table before he lord. Kullen scrutinized the food then his dark eyes burned into the trembling man's bowed head, fearing his din would be an insult to the man, but the lord dug in like any other. He tore off a leg of some kind of bird and ripped into the roasted flesh. Nodding with satisfaction he waved the man away and turned his attention to his guests, motioning for them to help themselves to heaping tray of food.

"I'll get right to it then." he began, "I need fighters. Doctor Bainbridge's monstrosities are not going to spring up over night and we are on the edge of a battle that may spell the end of Sanguine Valley."

Kullen took another bite of meat and washed down with a swig of wine. Savoring it's flavor, he considered it worthy to share and ordered a guard to fill the goblets of the other three. "I don't give a damn if any of you don't care for the company I keep. I don't have the luxury of holding true to my morals as you do," he said to Zack, "right now I am acting in the best interest of this town. Now you're either with us or against us the choice is yours. If ye choose to throw your swords in, then I have a well paying task for the three of you."

The lord paused and took another sip of his wine, studying their faces from over the rim of his glass. "I need the three of you to seek out the enemy encampment and wreak as much havoc as possible. I want you to wound this lion that threatens us. Will you do it?"
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:34 am

Zack sat in the corner seat his claymore resting against the desk he observed the taking of meat with little interest he picked up the wine glass only half filled he picked up the bottle after the guard totting the cup to the brim. “Gotta have a full cup if you’re drinking.” Zack placed the bottle back down looking into the eyes of the scarred face. “Payment….” He thought it over he had loads of money considering his earlier life he did not need such immaterial jobs to pay off his bills but he was not sure of his two friends and ‘payment’ for Zack would be Bainbridge’s head in a sack. “May I negotiate terms of payment?” He could feel the surprised glares of Dravesh and Kaelan. “I want the Doc’s head to put simply solves a lot of problems for me.” Zack leaned forward with a devilish grin seeming to have grown fangs as the sun had gone down. “Could you betray them for the payment?” nodding his head towards Dravesh the demon was getting bored tapping on his throne with a claw. “Can we kill him already corrupt warriors should take there own life but he has gone too far.” Zack leant back in his seat considering his options if he killed the Lord would the guard really stand up to defend the tyrant, Kullen seemed to see the eyes of Zack dilate then redilate rapidly as he considered the action but after a few seconds finally they stopped pulling back into focus Zack looked at the Lord. “Sorry was thinking hard then.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan did not sit down with Zack, instead she stood off to the side, listening intently to what the Lord had to say. When he said something about being Zack's woman, she snickered. She barely knew him and would not consider herself his woman at all. When she saw Lord Kullen tear into the leg of the baked bird, she wrinkled her nose at his lack of table manners. She could feel Dravesh glaring at her....his cold stare boring into her back. She knew she'd hit a nerve with her comment about making pillows out of the hair he may or may not shed. Sometimes her mouth got the better of her. Mama Beverly always told her that her mouth would be her downfall.

She stood with her arms crossed watching. When Zack actally seemed to be weighing the odds of working for this tub of lard, she glared at him. Once he was done talking, she spoke up.

"I do not need anyone speaking for me, m'lord. I fight for no one but friends and myself. I do not know you, therefore I cannot consider you a friend. If Zack and his friend prefer to stay and fight, that is there business. I would just as soon leave this place and it's ill manners."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Zack looked back to Kaelan who still stood he looked back to Kullen he looked at him he saw a silent rage at the insolence of the girl having ridiculed him in front of his guards Zack stood up slowly finishing the remainder of his wine he looked at the man the demon leaned forward as Zack put his hand on the hilt of his sword. “You gonna do its Zack my boy?” The demon’s smile widening but Zack carefully slid the sword into his sheathing loop on his back to the demon’s disappointment. “He is a traitor to the ways I should not negotiate I shall find another way to my goals.” The demon laughed a gleeful sound from the depths. “Which goals the old one of the world’s strongest swordsmen who kills or is this a new one for personnel revenge?” Zack grimaced outwardly to the people hearing his own arrogant words from the demon before.

“I’m sorry Kullen but the idea of working under you has finally clicked it would mark my record I already have a festered stain to atone for I shall not work under such a thing who used to call himself a warrior back in my day we would simply take our own life had we corrupted our self sentence of justice we cannot bend the rules of our ancestors, you have forgotten the face of your father.” Zack turned without looking back to Lyand he began walking to the door a guard stepping in front of him. “Move or die!” Zack’s voice coming in a hiss his hand reaching back for the sword the tension thick in the air, guards squeezing closer Dravesh visibly moving wanting a stab at Zack if all was let loose by Kullen civilians crawled further away waiting for the usual order of slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 am

Lyand who had sat silently, listening carefully to lord Bloodhand's words moved in unison with Zack as he rose to leave. He cared little for the idea of pledging his allegiance to the lord and even less so for becoming a mercenary. He waded through the guards, behind Zack, keeping the small woman between them, but when the reached the doorway it seemed that the lord wasn't about to let them leave so easily.

Lord Kullen rose from his seat and slowly walked to the doorway, where the three were surrounded by many swords and electrified spears awaiting to strike them down, but the lord was in a generous mood and waved to his men to let them pass. "Let them go." he said dismissively, but before they left he had a few more words to share.

"Be gone by morning Zack. The doctor is far more important than your paltry skills. If I see either of you come morning, I'll hang your entrails from the walls!" he charged, then just when Lyand had thought he had been all but forgotten the lord addressed him directly. "Lyand! Lyand of the Moon." he called.

The large man turned, his red eyes flashing in the dark. "How is it you know that name?" he asked.

The lord smiled and chuckled. "He is waiting for you. I offered you my hand and you spat on it! Now go and face your death alone!" he told him.

Lyand grimaced but said nothing in reply. He fell in line behind Zack and disappeared into the night.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:48 am

Zack looked at Lord Kullen blankly. “I wonder if you have ever been challenged to the ring of pain?” He turned back not caring of his threats Zack was going to head back south to the cliffs on the shore he missed the simplicity back their especially his books he was tired of the constant violence of the world. Zack stepped round the guard. Lowering his head he stepped through the doorway. “Lyand of the moon?” whispering the name as he heard it addressed to his new found friend the demon laughing away. “Cor’ what a nickname bit like our old one.” Zack hated the reminders of what he did when he had been an arrogant child playing adult yet he had found a hobby. “Kade the blood moon of darkness, it presents only red.” Whispering the name under his breath feeling the taboo feeling scared that he may go back to old ways simply by reciting the old name with a shiver. He looked back wondering whether Kaelan had heard the ramblings of his past and why Lyand would have such a name just because he was a night being, or something else... He ended his Hypothesis by hunching his shoulders turning south without a compass with absolute surety. “Wonder who the sun is?” Zack wondered aloud for he had heard Lyand looked for another, Zack moved on trudging one boot in front of the other on the still bustling street not caring if the two followed him.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 pm

'Lyand o'the Moon...' The ancient title echoed through his mind as Lyand walked down the lane; one foot following the other with no particular set destination. So often in nature even the random travels of leaves crossed paths, dancing about one another like two moths allied against the night. So too was he and the other 'nocturne' for this brief moment in their long lives, flowing along a path until it diverged. Whether it was random or fated, the blue skinned wanderer would tumble along with the tall swordsman, the closest he had to a friend in a very long time, a position that Lyand took very seriously.

Walking down the lane the two monoliths of men parted the crowd, the rhythm of their long strides falling in unison. Only the short quick steps of the woman off-set the beat, but as the strode further down the lane the sound of their walk was intensified by a low, droning chant. Listening more intently to the noise that resonated from behind them the three travelers stopped then, when the words became intelligible.

"Ring of pain." Whispered in the ears, and as it repeated the words became stronger, until the locals and guards alike within the Bloody-52 were shouting it at the top of their lungs. Even Dravesh joined in when he saw the disdain on the face of the lord.

The mob then made their way into the street chanting, "Ring of pain." lowly, prompting others in the street to join in. No one had ever challenged the lord before and the law was the law.

"The gauntlet has been thrown!" Shouted an elderly man to Zack then he turned to the lord, "Do ye deny or accept the challenge!"

Lord Bloodhand looked ready to spit. How dare that insulant knave put him in such a position! He stalled for time choosing his words carefully and in the brief seconds that ticked by more people gathered in the lantern lit street.

"What say you my lord?" Hissed Dravesh, reveling in the lords predicament.

Lord Bloodhand glared at the evil ape-man and sinister grin twisted his scarred lips. He raised his hands high and let them fall slowly, lowering the volume of the crowd.

"Your lord has been challenged!" he said in earnest to the mob, "No man, not even I is above the law, but no lord can enter the ring of pain during a time of war. This is the law!"

The crowd grew silent, then a grumbling grew, building into a thunderous discontent. Even the guards voiced their disapproval, until the lord raised his hands again to quell their rage. "Be silent! Listen to me! I do not run from this fight and the law states that I may choose a warrior within my service to fight in my stead!"

The crowd became more optimistic and urged the lord to choose his substitute. People then began to wonder who would be worthy of such an honor and who could defeat the outlander whose acts in the tavern had quickly circulated through the town. Already his name whispered through the crowd, a name synonymous with the ring, for none had ever stood against him and lived.

"Korvak!" Announced lord Bloodhand.

The crowd then parted and a tall man emerged on the other side of the street. He appeared as if the ring had called him, for none save those who gathered round the Bloody-52 could have predicted the challenge. It was as if the brawny man could sense the impending match, or perhaps he had been awaiting it all along.

The man called Korvak confidently made his way before Zack, casting a defiant glare to his muscular companion then focusing on his would be opponent. He was tall man, meeting Zack eye to eye and he was near as brawny, although bulkier than Lyand. A huge man, carrying of all things an oversized katana. A sleek and graceful weapon, not the type one imagined such a brute to wield.

"I accept the challenge on behalf of me lord." Korvak stated, "We fight at dawn if you're up for it, but I wager you'll not show."

Korvak then stepped back a ways from the swordsman, cautious as always and addressed the crowd. "Dawn in the Ring of Pain!", he roared and the crowd went wild and began chanting once more.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Korvak
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 am

Zack turned seeing his new found wanderers but his thought process was broken when the chanting began hearing the words ‘ring of pain’ repeated gave a buzz to his skin he felt alive with the idea of fighting in such a arena but quelled the feelings wondering how such a situation had came upon him. He had challenged the lord by simply asking if he had been challenged he grimaced at his choice of words and the sound of the people yelling now at the tops of their voices then it stopped Zack looked around seeing all eyes on Kullen for his words. Zack gave a grin at the Lord’s words as it seemed he would avoid the fight when suddenly talk of a substitute came. Zack turned back to Kullen a look of disgust, body switching trying to hide from the public.

Zack watched Korvak emerge his eyebrow raised at the man he was as thick as he was tall Zack looked down to the blade wondering how such a brute owned such a beautiful blade. He looked up at the acceptance of the challenge Zack frowned. “Why do we wait for such a petty matter fights end in minutes why not start now?” Zack had to admit he would probably find it impossible to fight him if it was dawn. Korvak looked to Zack weighing his options as always men measured the size of his foe he saw every advantage was to him except the width of his sword but he had not seen Zack fight either he could be a simple outlander rookie but he saw something in Zack’s eyes almost an anticipation of fighting Zack stepped up.

“We are not in the ring of pain yet!” Zack’s eyes seemed to brighten as he reached for his sword. “It’s only a figurative place anywhere can be a ring of pain so let us make our own Korvak.” Civilians egged on the two screaming for blood the crowd almost animal like Zack looked back to the Lyand and Kaelan. “I would step back.” Zack unsheathed the sword slowly bringing it to a salute. Korvak looked to the Lord for support finding Kullen was simply pleased with the civilians off his back Korvak drew his sword the katana almost three times thinner than the claymore but the length of the blade was slightly longer than the claymore Zack tilted his head to the side as both saluted.

Zack seemed to tense as Dravesh had Korvak moved towards Zack who seemed to simply tense more and more his face pulling back into a grin as the demon walked forwards with a slight click of his heels he jumped into the control. “Let’s show this bad boy some minor tricks.” The demon drained the colour from Zack’s sight; Zack came and sat next to the demon in his mind. “Kade, you had better not do anything stupid.” The demon disguised as him gave an innocent grin back to Zack. “I will try not to.” Zack sat against the chair and watched as the black and white movie played before him. Kade blinked the eyes clarifying the focus of his eyes sharpening the edges of the black and white world he lived in. Kade suddenly released all the tension in his muscles seeming to close the distance in one leap forward the speed unfathomable as Kade swung his claymore down parried by Korvak but the claymore slid across its blade, Kade leaping back swinging the blade down it unlatched slicing into the flesh of the shoulder Korvak who retorted in a quick spree of attacks which Kade span circles round them dodging like a snake for such a large man. Then Kade saw the thrust in slow motion the blade inching towards his stomach he stepped round the blade bouncing on the balls of his feet like a high jump he flipped his entire body over Korvak the stunt stupidly unbelievable as he landed easily slashing up the back of Korvak who twisted dodging large amounts of damage who turned slowly to Kade. “What are you?” Kade looked up towards the moon Zack was shocked to find it held colour unlike anything else in the eyes of Kade it was a red moon.
Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Maximumhellsing

“We are…” He didn’t finish as the strikingly huge man possessed some speed to attack Kade when distracted He parried the blade but the strength of the blow caused Kade to release the blade and dodge to the side with a quick leap as the katana hit the ground the claymore a good fifteen paces to the side. Kade removed two identical knives being simply pieces of metal with one end acting as a handle the other the blade a crude weapon from his coat.
Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 5891-1630blkst_black_pd

Kade rushed in instantly the disadvantage of length of blade was taken advantage of as the katana was thrusted into his shoulder piercing through the flesh scratching bone Kade continued overbalancing Korvak stabbing one knife into the mans left shoulder deep enough to disable it and the other knife into his thigh both fell to the floor people thought Kade had simply impaled himself but then the movement of Kade rolling with Korvak’s right wrist gripped in his hand wrenching it breaking it cleanly Kade stood the Katana through his shoulder to the hilt piercing through the back of his coat but he stood where as Korvak found he could only push himself away from the man fear rising quickly at the snarl of a grin Kade was giving eyeing him as prey the black and white world having the blood as it was a deep red almost sensational Zack felt ill as watched himself walk towards his claymore.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:42 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan watched the battle between Zack and Korvak, amazed that a man of Korvak's size could move the way he did, but it was Zack who held her attention. Never had she'd seen anyone move the way he did. She notice, though, that his eyes had changed....becoming completely emotionless, as if his soul had left for a time. Turning, she saw Lyand watching as well, yet his expression almost looked bored. She couldn't read him, but smiled at him anyway before turning back to the fight at hand.

When Korvak was down and Zack turned, heading towards his claymore, she saw not only the blade sticking through his shoulder, but a glimmer of something that looked like disgust in his eyes for a brief second. It wasn't until he had his claymore in hand and was heading back to the fallen Korvak that she knew his intent and realized that Zack was not himself, even though she didn't know him well, her instincts were seldom wrong. She slowly approached him, laying a gentle hand on his arm, causing him to look upon her.

Any normal person would have cringed at the look in his eyes, but Kaelan, so like Sin had done, simply accepted it.

"Zack....there is no honor in striking a foe who is down and already defeated. Look at the fear in his eyes...his defeat is complete for he will no longer have the respect of his lord and master and therefore has lost the respect of those around him. That defeat is much longer lasting than a swift blow of your blade."

When Zack looked down upon Kaelan, the demon within him saw eyes that reminded him of a girl who had accepted him as well as Zack and had begun to love them both.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Kade felt the hand he looked down expecting a child, wife of Korvak but found Kaelan he expected the women to avert her eyes away but instead she held the death stare accepting it the demon’s jaw dropped Zack lifted his head from his hands hearing the chittering sound from the demon it was not the usual excitement it gained from a kill looking at the picture before him he found the eyes of the girl captivating as they held the only colour in the photo so like Sin he whispered under his breath to the outside world low enough for only Kaelan to hear the eyes suddenly softening to something gentle and protective but immediately feeling exposed he hid this side of him his stare turning back to the glazed drunken stare he carried pretending and hiding behind his fake masquerade. “Sorry got caught in the moment.” hiding his demon behind the pretence of simply an adrenalin rush who he could feel boring down its hidden stare at Kaelan not believing that another could accept his kind... well Zack’s kind if he referred to his shell.

Zack looked to the poor shivering wreck which had been Korvak. “A man broken either grows to get stronger but if he were to cling to life at the bottom he should take his own life.” Zack lifted his hand up to the katana slipping it out slightly then grabbing the blade he yanked the oversized sword out of his shoulder, he threw the sword at the fighters feet he looked round himself the crowd which had been baying for blood was silent they had been stunned at the exchange between the two most had expected Korvak to win. Zack gave a low bow to the crowd then to Lord Kullen to some cheers Zack gave a grimace of a grin as he turned to leave. “Keep the reward it would be useless to me.” Shouting over his shoulder pacing away from the crowd Zack walked over to Lyand. “Were you heading anywhere mate cause at the moment got nothing better to do but avoid this war.” Without noticing Lyand had continued walking next to Zack away from the mass of people Kaelan in pursuit behind the blue man Zack stopped his hand going to the wall for support as he suddenly coughed a large out a large amount of blood splattering the pavement he stood taking a deep breath blood still hung onto his chin he wiped these away with the back of his hand he looked to his shoulder a wound which would have continued to bleed on any normal human probably taken them to his grave but Zack’s had already stopped bleeding and a scab seemed to be forming on the edges already. “A nocturnal life for me any day.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Kryzhand

The electric and oil fueled lights of Sanguine Valley's western wall illuminated the approaching army. The mercenary force of a warlord not unlike Bloodhand rode at the head of the force upon a roaring motorcycle that in the pre-apocalyptic times would have been called a 'chopper'.

The sleepy border guards, accustomed to loud noises in the night had at first paid little attention to the sound of motorized vehicles, thinking perhaps that some caravan was stopping by for the night. The warlord grinned and shook his head at the inefficiency of Lord Bloodhand's men as he stopped his bike and kicked out the stand. The hard looking man, leaned back and stroked his greying, grizzled beard as he surveyed the defenses, then looking back he signaled for his army to hold their position. He then took off his helmut and dismounted.

"A hard climb." Said the warlord to the giant man that appeared at his side.

Long of limb and powerfully muscled, the enormous man stood well over seven feet. His bald head, rested upon a thick bull neck, a great spear at his side, shield and sword on his belt. The red glow of the blood moon painted the desert an eerie colour, turing the giant's skin which was already red in colour a vibrant crimson.

"I will open the gate." Vowed the giant with absolutely no consideration of the opposition he would face. He then looked up to the blood moon and fiendishly grinned.

"A bad omen." Stated the warlord as the looked up to the sanguine moon but to his companion it was the sign that he had been waiting for. Beneath it he could walk into the night and stand before he who was ruled by the moon.

Climbing up a nearby ridge, the giant red skinned man stood at the same level as the wall, but to far to stride across. He looked over the bastion and studied the settlement for a time before shouting his challenge into the air.

"Lyand! I am here! You will die this night!"

Korvak had been left to wallow in his defeat and the lord had said nothing in response to the defeat of his man. He could only fume in silence as the outlander had instantly one the respect of the people, but despite the status he had gained the lord would destroy him anyway. He could not bear to be humiliated so in the eyes of his subjects! Lord Bloodhand demanded satisfaction and he would have it!

Lyand walked alongside Zack, making room for the small woman between them. He remembered hearing stories of man who harbored within him a supernatural being, but they were one in the same. An old tale that preceded even his long years and so he questioned whether this humanoid beside him might be that same creature.

"I too seek to avoid the conflict." Lyand had answered Zack, but no sooner did he speak the words when the voice of the red skinned warrior echoed through the street, originating from behind the wall they were headed towards.

Lyand cast Zack a disconcerted look, then stared beyond the wall where he spied the form of a tall man standing on a high ridge, silhouetted by the blood moon that yet hung low in the sky. "Kryzhand." he whispered, stopping dead in his tracks, and as the uttered the name, the alarm sounded. The town guards, finally noticing the army that had gathered at the fringe of the illuminated area cast by their lights, shouted a call to arms as they warned the citizens of the danger.

Dravesh watched the three from the shadows as the calls to war sounded. He stayed hidden and even one with the most sensitive sense of smell would not be able to distinguish is location as his scent naturally lingered around the entire area. The ape-man also made sure that he was not down-wind in order to hide his presence. He was focused on the girl, the one who was so like Sin, who was in fact from his father's labs. When she had mentioned the woman, 'Beverly', the ape-man made the connection and realized who she was. His father would indeed be interested in meeting her, but he had to bide his time and await for the perfect opportunity to snatch her. He still had some guards at his disposal, a gift from the quickly departing lord when the alarm had sounded, but he feared having to battle both Zack and the blue-skinned together, not to mention the girl would put up a fight as well. The battle might provide him with the moment he needed, so once the two fighters were preoccupied he would seize her.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 am

Zack carefully rubbed on his chest where his heart would be with a grimace slightly he looked to Lyand Zack almost gaped in wonder as if he saw Lyand with a spear through his throat Lyand wondering what could be wrong quickly asked what Zack was possibly staring at. “Sorry I think I saw a wrinkle of thought or memory on that statue face of yours.” Zack as always keeping to his humour unable to stop himself by cracking a joke on the obviously emotionless face of his new ‘friend’ the word was smooth for once he found it was not forced out of him unlike the times he remembered where friends were simply close due to their worth.

“I don’t think you will be able to dodge this one with diplomacy, he looks angry.” Zack couldn’t help but tap Lyand on the shoulder. “Let’s go say hi!” With that Zack began to shove Lyand forward’s most people would have thought Zack would simply be standing in the comical pushing stance trying to move the man who looked almost to be double his weight but even to Lyand’s surprise they moved forward his feet dragging in the dirt which held no grip. Zack almost uttered a curse at how heavy the man was but continued pushing him along with Kaelan walking easily beside them.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 am

Lyand was impressed by the strength of the 'man' who seemed able to push his immense weight. By night, especially beneath the light of the moon, the strange man from the north was more than twice his mass.

He had never compared himself to a statue before, but after considering Zack's description, he found the humour in it and nearly laughed. In his case, however, the emotional outburst appeared to be a slight twinge of the face.

"It is dangerous Zack," Lyand told the tall man, but as he noticed that the wound that would have incapacitated most was already beginning to heal, he added, "but I see you care little for that."

The walked on then toward the western gates, Lyand reluctant to face his destiny and yet he found the courage to move his feet if only because a dependable ally stood at his side. He acknowledged the girl as well, but he feared for her safety, yet unaware if she bore the fighting prowess to stand on the battlefield.

"He is called Kryzhand. 'Born of the Day, never able to walk the night, until the rise of the blood moon or black sun befall his sight'," he seemed to quote as if reading the legend aloud, "He is my brother."

Even as Lyand spoke, the giant red skinned man somehow was atop the wall. How he arrived their one could not rightly say, but he made short work of the guards and even before the thee outlanders neared the bastion he engaged the machinery that opened the gates. As he quickly and easily moved the levers and gears that usually took four men to move and operate and the enormous metal gates began to pull apart revealing the awaiting army on the other side.

"Lyand!" roared Kryzhand standing atop the wall, "I shall see you on the battlefield." he challenged, pointing his spear toward him.

Lyand looked up, his blue skin a purplish tone beneath the blood moon. His brother made his way along the top of the wall then followed a parapet that ran along the side of the canyon wall, but before he could pursue the invaders began to pour through the open gate.

Zack, Lyand and Kaelen had suddenly found themselves at the forefront of the Sanguine Valley troops that flooded into the open area before the gateway. Trapped in the middle of a battle, the invaders assuming them to be part of the opposing side. There would be no time to explain their politics, they could only defend themselves.

Lyand dodged a thrusting sword, moving with unpredictable speed. Another man, heaving a great axe toward him, was easily caught and with one arm the large man hurled the man aside like a rag doll. Lyand had yet to draw his sword, but he seemed not to need it against the humans, but the far more seasoned warriors at the back were yet to arrive. The fodder lead the way and soon the fray would become all the more deadly, but even as blades and projectiles flashed past him, his red eyes continued to follow the movements of his red brother. He deftly moved round the perimeter of the town, along the high rampart carved out of the natural wall, moving to the east side of town, toward the fortress of lord Bloodhand.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan's eyes widened when she saw what had caused a fleeting glimpse of emotion cross Lyand's stoic face. The red man was absolutely huge. When the lesser guards attacked, she was right there in the fray, fighting alongside Zack and Lyand although she was dwarfed by the two men....hell, she was dwarfed by most of the men as she only stood 5'3" but she knew well enough to know which dna to stay with and she stayed with the wolf, her eyes remaining an amber tinted blue, her movements sure and swift as she would rush in...strike...rush out only to rush back in again. Her fighting, as with her growl, was similar to Sin's for the wolf dna Sin had carried, she carried along with other animal dna. She could call on them one at a time, but had never been able to combine them.

Her smell, eyesight, and hearing were all more intense now and she fought like a she-wolf protecting her cubs and within moments she had sliced the arm off of one guard...slit the throat of another with a full turn...and was in the process of dodging an attack when she felt eyes upon her. The lesser guard was able to furrow a deep cut into Kaelan's left arm running from her shoulder to her elbow at her hesitation. A yell coming from her, she whipped around, her intention clear but too swift for the lesser guard to react, the point of her knife damn near taking his head from his shoulders as her blood dripped upon the ground. She could still feel eyes upon her, but kept her attention on the battle at hand. She would deal with whomever or whatever was watching her when they showed. Right now, her attention was on staying alive and helping her new found friends.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Zack looked across at Lyand before the battle had started he gave the warrior a wide grinned smile as he slowly pulled the claymore from its sheath he tapped the blade on the floor twice carefully “danger sorry is that a synonym for fun?” Zack looked over to Kaelan a fleeting glance but he straightened himself up looking to Lyand with some interest. “Have fun hunting your brother.” Nodding as Lyand left to go towards the fortress. Zack stretched his neck out a loud audible crack stretching releasing tension. “Fighting straight after a dual what am I doing?” He stepped forward with a war cry. “By the Gates of Kade atonement is nothing.” The first blade came at him he seemed to fall forward swerving his body dodging a vertical slash he brought his free hand upwards lifting the attacker off his feet from his chin the dull snap of the neck almost inaudible another came at him spear aiming for his face Zack’s eyes narrowed slightly as he leaned back this time seeming off balance he grabbed the spear shaft then with a slight grimace he snapped the head cleanly off then reverting it back into the eye of the spearman who fell back hands wrapped around the haft Zack was slowly being surrounded as those around him fell back or were killed he found himself submerged within a section of troops wearing armour unlike most of the others. Lifting his sword into salute they gave a chuckle as they rushed him as one force Zack ran forward aiming for one man aiming to break the ring.

He thrust his claymore easily parried the man gave a grin thinking he had broken the defence but found a knife slip from the sleeve of the coat of Zack’s the blade licking his throat clean open the blood spurting out of his neck gargling his last breath the others continued to follow Zack as he suddenly turned stepping backwards hanging left though making the right handed enemies go across their own bodies taking longer than it would for him to use the unsheathe knife slicing two across the throat’s before the others back off to find the claymore wielded with his other hand amputate arms, heads or legs the man in his zone of war when he heard Kaelan alone give a yell surrounded he gave a growl of his own running through men dodging the blades some slicing his flesh in small cuts he continued running towards her he was within five paces when a armoured spear stepped into his path the spear not aimed for his chest but a leg Zack had no time to dodge he took the spear in the thigh bowling the man over slicing through the neck of the spear under the seam of his helmet Zack jumped over two men both stood in awe that was when Zack saw a man standing behind Kaelan sword held high about to bring it crashing on her skull while in flight he frowned giving a deft flick of his wrist he landed heavily rolling to Kaelan the knife had flown true she heard the release of breath as the man died falling backwards she looked between Zack picking himself up spear in thigh and the giant man a knife protruding from his eye socket. The two slowly moved back to back Zack yanked the spear out both hands going back to the claymore. “Only another hundred to go..” Zack’s eyes were shining almost happy hard to tell what was more scary the grinning enjoyment of Zack or the emotionless coldness of Kade.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan stood with her back against Zack's, her head barely coming up to the bottom of his shoulder blades. She figured they must look rather comical, standing there back to back, her 5'3" frame up against his 6'6" frame. As she thrust and sliced, blood spraying over her, Zack himself seemed to be having the time of his life, giving a war cry every now and then as he would take the head, arm, or leg from an opponent.

Before she knew what was happening, she realized that her back was no longer against Zack's. They'd been seperated in the midst of battle, many foes standing in between them now. Looking over, she saw Dravesh, her gaze meeting his. She shivered when he gave her a sembalance of a smile and that was when she knew that it had been his eyes she'd felt upon her. But, her gaze was ripped away as she was once again struggling to defend herself against now armored men, she herself without armor and even with the strength of the wolf running though her she was tiring due to the deep slash in her left arm, still dripping blood. She was also too drained to call upon another animal's dna. So, she stuck with the wolf and hoped that she could hold out until she could make it back to Zack.

As she blocked one sword, another would come from behind and she would have to dodge and thrust or slice to avoid being even more injured, although she now sported many nicks and cuts, some shallow a few deep. She was a sight to see...this small woman parrying, blocking, thrusting, slicing.....suddenly shifting, her long black hair flying about her as she would whirl full circle to take a foe's head or slice his legs out from under him. Her gaze would stray to Zack, but she would see nothing above the heads of the warriors she was fighting. She would also look for Lyand, trying to see how he fared, but once again, she saw nothing above the men's heads. So, she concentrated on staying alive once more, hoping her new friends were faring well. But, she'd also forgotten about Dravesh.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 am

Dravesh watched the blue skinned man from his high perch as he strode down the lane moving with impressive speed. He easily hurdled a cart, then bounded over a small house, in one giant arching leap. He was running to east, in the direction of the lord's fortress which also appeared the destination of the red-skinned man. He watched them both disappear into the darkness, then turned his attention to Zack and the woman as the fended off the invaders. The small female, fought like a tiger and the ape felt that she would give him some sport before she died, after his father finished with her. He had to wait for something to happen to Zack, however, before that could happen and thus far he had yet to be properly challenged. Dravesh's spirit rose when he saw Korvak rise and make his way toward Zack, but the big man favoring his shoulder merely passed by the entered the fray. He was far more concerned with repelling the invaders than revenge and hardly paid Zack any mind other than acknowledging that he was fighting to the advantage of Sanguine Valley.

Lyand cared nothing about the lord. His pursuit of Kryzhand was personal but he would not interfere until his foe was prepared to engage him in battle. Until then he kept pace with his brother, following his every move.

As he sprinted through the settlement, Lyand kept considering that he should lend a hand in the battle. He recognized that the invaders cared nothing for the town, they were nothing but thieves and slavers. Those adults that were worth something would be spared and the children would be sold like live-stock if the the forces of Sanguine Valley failed to repel them. Regardless of what his brother did, he would not allow that.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 10:54 am

Zack had been fighting next to the girl he had marvelled how well she had fought till suddenly they were separated a wedge coming from the left he quickly backed off blades flying for his face he watched Kaelan swallowed into the crowd his eyes narrowed with anger he tried to brush his way through but more sword cut across his arms he could feel his leg lagging behind as it dragged in the dirt fractionally, he noticed a man standing what seemed a cart aiming for Zack who simply frowned as he heard a twang his eyes widened his hand lifting fractionally quick enough to take the arrow through the palm he dropped his knife one hand disabled he saw the man close in on him he stabbed his claymore into the ground. Zack yanked the arrow out of his palm holding it in his remaining good hand the people continued to close in he looked left then right giving a sigh yelling his last war cry to the air. “Enter Kade’s gates and find your reward fools.” He stood to the side of the controls the wrists of the demon clicking as he sat down. “You are going to be ill after tonight you realise?” Zack nodded. “Just protect Kaelan... she is our new moon old friend.” The demon gave a sigh the picture in front of him in slow motion. “Old friend.... we are the same blood we gotta be brothers idiot!”

The demon got to work he dodged attacks easily Zack’s body twisting awkwardly as he dodged through them the arrow acting as a new knife in his hand never straying further than five steps from the claymore he slit throats stabbed through eyes then snapping it off in someone’s throat he grabbed the short sword which had almost fallen from the limp hand continuing his dirty work even jumping over people as he stabbed the blade through the side of their necks sleek and agile yet hidden strength as he snapped a spear with his kick throwing the short sword swapping to the spear head he continued fighting no emotions, no mercy the best way to kill no morals attached as he shoved the spearhead straight into one of the armoured guards groin lifting them from their feet. Kade quickly crouched down picking the gladius the man had been using. He ran forward leaping over another guard the blade licking his throat as he passed by landing lightly he swung his foot round in a cartwheel holding the blade out as it sliced off the arm of another oppressor when he noticed Kaelan rolling forward she was coated in blood but that was to be expected even Kade had gained some cuts in his spree. At first she found it hard to recognize him ready to pounce but realised after he quickly threw the gladius at a man to her left snapping the neck of a man next to him with a twist coming into her killing area his feet seeming to know where to step without looking down. “Falling over the dead is a common ways to die you know?” He dodged a spear thrust grabbing the spear with his hand he head butted his foe a spray of blood painting the air as the man fell back nose broken Kade walked back next to her he scanned the crowd Kaelan taking deep breath she was about to stand straight when Kade stood in front of her his arms holding her at arm length as something sharp and metal seemed to protrude from his chest blood welling round it.

Zack felt a sudden pain in his chest looking up from his hands his face strained in pain. “What happened?” The demon was taking deep breaths trying to regulate the body. “We took a crossbow bolt for her it’s skimmed the heart tissue a deep wound I’m finding difficulty to stop internal bleeding.” Zack stepped forward to the controls. “Force it to bleed forwards!” The demon looked up his eyes wide unlike Zack’s real one they were red moons reflected in its eyes. “You will probably pass out soon if I do that.” Zack nodded with a curt nod. “We can only hope she will be able to carry me after we kill all these bastards!” The demon turned over to the controls taking off the gloves it wore. “Full access granted taking this baby for a spin.” Kaelan couldn’t help but stare at the bolt she looked up to his face seeing him still breathing brought some relief but she saw that his eyes had changed and they still were she found almost to her horror as the pupils went reptilian slit like blood red colour seeping from the pupils taking over the iris. “Stay safe girl.” The voice different more raspy and harsh his canines had extended beyond his lips the tips see able Kade turned clenching both hands as functioning was returned temporarily. “Your souls are mine.” Whispering under his breath only Kaelan close enough to hear he walked forward the first man coming to him swung his sword Kade batted the sword by the flat of the sword his other hand coming round the force of his chop snapping the neck another man running at him suddenly found the palm open coming towards his face and fingers stabbing through the eyes Kade stabbing his fingers through the rear of the eye to the brain he removed his hand the man falling dead blood dripping from his fingers as he moved onto the next one with light steps a sword aimed for his head was ducked under and quickly reversed into the users throat left to gargle in his own blood Kade continued his torturous spree every man dieing within a quick combo even a man who tried to run away Kade stepped forward. “No mercy.” Hissing the words as he shoved his claw like hand into the back of the man who gave a keeling screech of a scream as he could not escape the extreme pain which ended as Kade brought his booted heel down on the head of the man Kade found himself next to the claymore once again but the attackers had lost all morale having killed almost ten men without a single sweat and that grin like a shark daring them to step forward.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Be_car10Kaelan watched as Zack made his way to her, but could only spare a glimpse as she was blocking a rather vicious blow from behind by a soldier 3 times her size. She felt the blow of their blades coming together up to her shoulder and winced. Then Zack was there, seeming to be enjoying himself immensely which only caused her to smile up at him and shake her head when he went still, blood splattering her in the face. She looked at his chest and saw the bolt protruding from his chest and gasped. As he continued to protect her to the best of his ability, she watched as he took out ten men before collapsing at her feet, his head landing next to his claymore.

"ZACK!!! GET UP!!! C'MON ZACK....GET UP!!!"

Kaelan quickly took a defensive stance, standing over her new friend, guarding him like a tigress guards her cubs. She'd heard him use the name Kade earlier, more than once and wondered if that was the name of the being that she suspected lived within him.

"Kade, if you are truly there and you can hear me, please, don't let Zack die. I will guard both of you to the best of my ability until you can have him up a running again."

Kaelan dug down deep within in herself, digging through her fatigue and weakness and called upon the dna of the bengal tiger that ran in her veins as well. Her muscles bulked up slightly and her eyes turned golden. Her face itself took on a feline look as she began to battle again, protecting Zack as best she could, but the soldiers were rushing her and she was not a seasoned fighter. Even though the dna of the tiger gave her even more strength and swiftness, it was still no match for this many soldiers. When she was grabbed and dragged away from Zack's prone body, she began hissing at the man holding her, fighting with everything she had, clawing, stabbing and biting. Looking up, she saw Dravesh off in the distance and a type of dread filled her when she realized that the arm holding her was one of the guards whom had been given to Dravesh to use and he was carrying her to the ape-man. She screamed, yelled, and kicked trying to get loose but the arm was like a vice and she was incapable of moving it. Looking back at Zack lying on the ground, she tried desperately to reach him or Kade.

"ZACK....KADE!!!!!"

As the guard made his way to where Dravesh was two other guards were making sure that they cut a path so that their comrade could concentrate on holding the struggling girl. They'd seen the way Dravesh had watched her and had decided that if the battle did not go as Lord Kullen had planned, it might be best if they were on the ape-man's good side so that they still had food in their bellies and a place to sleep at night....as well as still being alive. So, they had pulled together and decided to nab the girl for Dravesh and present her as a gift to him, hoping that he would smile upon them and take them for his own guards, if that was possible.

Kaelan used the tiger's strength to fight the arm that was holding her and a couple of times was able to cause him to loosen his grip, only to have him grab her with his other arm until he had her repostitioned. Finally, her threw her over his shoulder so that her head was hanging towards the ground over his back and his arm was wrapped around her legs. Still she struggled, lifting her head to see Zack still lying on the ground. Something told her that this Kade being had heard her and was doing the best he could to heal Zack in time, but she feared that he would be too late.

Looking over at the side, she saw the other two guards flanking the one holding her, battling their way through the fray and bloodshed when one was cut down, causing the one holding her to draw his own blade with the arm that was not holding her. Her struggles increased, knowing that if she had chance, now was the time as he was concentrating on staying alive as well as keeping her over his shoulder. When a sword barely missed her head, she realized that she had a better chance of surviving if she quit struggling and allowed the guard to put his concentration on fighting, so her struggles ceased and she went limp, hoping that she lived through this. She gave one last look at Zack, his prone body becoming harder to see the further they got from where he'd gone down. A tear slid from on golden eye, which was now turning blue again as she let go of the tiger's dna. What adventures they could have had together, the two of them and the blue man. She already felt drawn to Zack in a way she couldn't describe and was truly sorry that she couldn't protect him while he was down. She only hoped that this being named Kade could do this....protect him so that he could find her, if she lived long enough.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:51 pm

The soldiers dragged Kaelen into an alley away from the fray. It was actually the opportunity that she required to escape, except as she was driven hard against a wall, Dravesh's sinister form crept out of the shadows. Even as the soldier's struggled to restrain her, they held her long enough for the ape-man to slip a collar of razor-wire around her neck and hold firm the long strand of wire that was attached to chain in his hands.

"Release her." He commanded and the guards complied. "Stop struggling or I'll CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!" he roared, then he proceeded to lead her down the alley, toward the fortress of the lord.

Lyand had caught up with Kryzhand at the fortress of the lord. There they stood before the converted airplane, amidst a mass of mangled bodies. Some of the guards, still stirred on the ground, their broken bodies struggling to move as their blood slowly ebbed from the weapons of the two brothers.

The red skinned man hammered the butt end of his spear into the earth and bore his radiant blue eyes into the Lyand's crimson glare.

"The lord first. Then I will take your head!" Kryzhand vowed.

Lyand was silent as both men stood at the base of a low wall upon which stood an inconsequential hand full of guards that kept their bows and few fire arms lowered. Around the men, were scattered several volleys of arrows and yet neither possessed a single wound from the missiles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next