Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan allowed herself to be pulled in between the two men, realizing almost instantly how much smaller she was compared to them. Her head barely came up to their shoulders. She looked at the mug as it was set down before her and smiled her thanks at the tall man, then looked curiously at the blue man out of the corner of her eyes. She looked down at the blade that was sheathed in the belt of her pants and remembered the way the tall man had mourned the fallen girl from whom she'd taken the blade from. Pulling the blade free, she laid it on the bar in front of him.

"This was on the fallen girl back at the desert. I...I was watching you....you mourned her death......" she turned to the blue man next....."I watched you as well when you approached him. You are both different beings, but then so are most in this place....." she turned once more back to the tall man...."I should give this to you as you mourned her and it was hers. It would not be right to keep it."

She took a sip of her ale, swallowed, took a deep breath and introduced herself.

"I am called Kaelan."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 AlucardDemon

Zack picking up the blade he gave a frown as he listened to her account of his mourning understanding she had seen him kill the crabs he smiled slightly at being called different. Zack looked down at her almost laughing at the ridiculous height she was still standing and both of them were sitting and still she was below the shoulders. Zack flipped the knife from his palm to balancing onto his knuckles with another twitch he span it round the hilt pointed at the gypsy. “Keep the knife you seem barely armed to battle a dog, the name is Zack by the way.”

He looked towards the door he felt the sun rise a slight itch at the back of his brain as the demons went into hibernation to fall to sleep as the day was a time of irritation for them but a time for peace for Zack a weight seeming to lift from his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10

Kaelan took offense at what Zack had said about her looking like she couldn't battle a dog. But, she said nothing. Instead, she took the knife and put it back into her belt, mumbling a thank you. She looked over at the blue man and smiled at him.

"I am not familiar with your kind either, sir. I am Kaelan."

Kaelan had no idea what was going to happen. Whether or not she would be traveling with these two, but friends were hard to come by and she was tired of being alone.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Lyand

Lyand duly noted the remark of his traveling companion. He was not familiar with the currency exchange in the south, and though his payment was meant to be generous had not intended to hand over a months wages to the barkeep. He raised his glass and tipped his head in thanks to Zack's advice. He was also interested to learn that the man was a southerner. He had never been, and as he was bound for that area their crossing paths was fortuitous.

The large blue skinned man turned his head slightly and looked out the corner of his eye at the little woman, who introduced herself as , "Kaelen". He acknowledged her with a slow, steady nod and offered no name in response. Lyand did not know her, and point of fact, he just didn't trust women, especially when they were possessed of a desirable appearance. Wars had been started by their fickle affections, and he had little to do with them save those whose mouths could be closed with gold. It was apparent to him now that the gypsy was not this sort and so he felt it wise to keep his distance and let Zack sort it out.

So as not be rude he nodded to the girl and addressed her observation with an expression which was not unpleasant. "Kind?", he questioned with a smile, "I am from the north."

His answer was simple and one that was obviously only a fraction of a much deeper story. He then turned and took another swig of his drink, delighting in the cool fire rushing through him.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan looked puzzled at the blue man. He hadn't been unkind, but he had been a little stand-offish as well. She didn't know that he didn't trust women and she was puzzled as to why he didn't offer his name. She looked over at Zack and smiling at him, she turned to go back to the table she had been sitting at.

"I thank you for the knife, Zack. Should you change your mind and wish for it back, I will hand it over to you."

Kaelan went back to her table, sitting down and studied the various beings in the establishment. She had led such a sheltered life with her insane mother that she didn't know how to react to seeing such a variety of different species. She wasn't sure what to do the next day yet, but for now she would watch, listen, and learn.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Lyand did not know what to make of the woman. He was troubled by the fact that she had followed them all the way to Sanguine Valley and would be sure to keep an eye on her. She seemed harmless enough, but looks could be deceiving as he had learned from experience.

He downed one last shot, corked the half empty bottle and scooped it up. Lyhand leaned a heavy hand on Zack's shoulder, "Day arrives." he told him and the big man made his way to his underground bedroom to get some rest. The evening would prove to be eventful and Lyand wanted to be in good form for whatever the fates threw his way.

The basement of the Bloody-52, was damp, dark maze of earthen tunnels and the rooms were no more than cold tombs with a bed but that was all Lyand needed. He locked the heavy door behind him and jammed the single wooden chair under the latch to further deter any who would dare to disturb his daytime slumber. The big man then maneuvered through the black room, void of light despite for a dim glow radiating from beneath the doorway, and his movements were completely unhindered as he could see exceptionally well at night, even in total blackness. Sunlight, however, was another matter.

Lyhand dropped his satchel and large broad bladed sword beside the bed and lied down on the mattress. He delighted in the blackness and soft bed, carrying little that was there was only a thin sheet with which to cover himself with, he did not get cold. Rolling onto his side, he yawned and was soon asleep.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:40 am

Zack lifted his hand slowly scratching at the edges of his old scar thinking to himself partly listening to the introduction between Lyand and Kaelan very brief and very minimalist from Lyand. He couldn’t help but grin as he came with assumptions of why he wouldn’t talk to the girl maybe simply because she was not a weathered traveller but Zack had the idea it was more sense than anything.

His hand didn’t leave the scar as he received his thanks for the knife he gave a small nod and had to stop himself from acting in his usual flourish of a bow. He let his finger trail along the scar from point to point he lifted his hand picking up the cup which was now empty he gave a grunt of disappointment. Lyand corked his bottle stood and left with his notion on Day break, Zack stood up looking to the wine he asked the barkeep for a better bottle the barkeep gave him a dark green coloured bottle Zack was tempted to flick a gold at him as his silvers disappeared on drinks he carried enough of the small bronze coins though quickly pulling two silvers and almost thirty bronzes. “Sorry for the bad change I’m taking a room downstairs.” Walking with the bottle to where he had seen Lyand disappear.

Zack walked in the cold tombs finding the scent slightly disturbing reminding him of the facility and the damp smell he almost expected to find an operating table with light around it when he opened what seemed a heavy vault door he swung it open carefully stepping into the dark he could see the faint outlines of his bed in a corner. Zack closed the door behind him unlike Lyand he moved the chair to a wall stepping more carefully as he was only able to see in the dark at night specifically working blind like a human but he liked being blind to the world. He moved to the bed he gripped an edge finding it not bolted to the floor he hefted the bed with an effort pushing it against the door. “Now I am happy to sleep.” Zack walked to the wall furthest from the door he took his sword off leaning it against the chair; sitting down next to the chair on the floor leaning against the wall his head leaning forward Zack shivered off the cold exhausted almost then finally he fell to sleep but once again his dreams plagued by his second copy laughing at him for his incompetence as a guardian.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Sanguine_valley

The abandoned airplane graveyard that housed the citizens of Sanguine Valley awoke as usual to the vibrant glow of the morning sun striking the red cliffs that surrounded them, bathing the settlement in red light. Those citizens not inclined to burning the midnight oil sluggishly arose for another day in the neutral territory where human and mutant-kind lived together with a mutual tolerance.

The ancient aircraft, long since enshrouded by the sparse desert vegetation gleamed in dawn's light. The craft varied in size from those barely large enough for a man to sleep in to enormous, 'air liners', as they were once called that housed many. All of the metal dwellings surrounded a massive building, the last standing hanger that had become the market square of the town, where all gathered to exchange their goods and services.

While those who burned the midnight oil slept the majority set up or opened their shops and a new day began.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 pm

East of the market on the opposite side of town from the Bloody-52 was the fortress of Sanguine Valley's ruling body. A great flying craft, larger than any other had been fortified to deter attacks and house the one who had brought order to the chaos with an iron fist. Lord Bloodhand he was called, named so because he would find a way to draw blood from a stone if the need be.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Doctor Bainbridge had awoke at first light. He had slept quite comfortably in his lavish quarters, one of the personal bed chambers reserved for lord's most esteemed guests. Sitting before a small window that faced the rising sun, he methodically prepared himself a cup of tea while skimming over a log book resting upon a rather fine, wooden pedestal table. He paid little attention to the door that opened and the ape man that skulked into the room, sneering at the decor about him, as if searching for something to justify his perpetual foul mood.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Planet-of-the-apes-6

Dravesh roughly pulled one of the tall, bar-style chairs out from the table and joined the Doctor. "How long are we staying here, father?" he growled.

"Good morning, to you too." Replied Bainbridge not once lifting his eyes from his reading material.

The ape man was ill at ease. While Sanguine Valley harbored both human and mutant alike, it catered more to humanoids and there were very few animal mutants. Growing up in a world dominated by bestial creatures much like himself, Dravesh was not used to being surrounded by humans and those like them. The Doctor was quite aware of this, but he had no time to coddle his son, he would have to deal with insecurities on his own. If he was unable to adjust and threatened his current situation he would simply have kill the chimpanzee but fortunately he still had use.

Dravesh scowled. "How can you be so calm? We have lost everything. You should not have abandoned the other facility so soon." the ape man hissed.

Bainbridge raised his head and held Dravesh's glare with his cold stare until the ape man was forced to submissively look away. "Manners, Dravesh." the doctor reminded him with a pleasant tone to his voice, "We are not animals."

Dravesh, grit his teeth angrily and was about to say something when there was a knock on the door.

"Enter." Called Bainbridge.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Bloodhand

The door opened and in walked a massive man, stooping lowly to pass under the doorway as he squeeze his bulk frame through the narrow frame. "Good morning, doctor. I trust you slept well." he greeted. As he drew nearer he nodded to Dravesh acknowledging the ape-man, who returned the gesture with less enthusiasm.

"I have not slept so soundly in months, Kullen. Thank you for your hospitality." Said Bainbridge, rising from his seat and returning the log book he was reading to the lord.

"You are always welcome here my friend, I would have nothing had you not provided me the bestial soldiers that allowed me to usurp this gem." Kullen reminded him, his scarred face stretching into a hideous grin. He turned then, the exposed steel plate in his skull catching the light beaming trough the small window. "A shame they all perished," he began, and the doctor who had been awaiting the conversation listened intently, "their kind is useful in war and the scent of rebellion hangs heavy in the air these days. I don't suppose I could tempt you to stay, and resume your work?"

Bainbridge grinned fiendishly. "Nothing would give me more pleasure, but I would have to refurbish my old lab."

"Oh?" Kullen uttered, "I always believed that your other lab was active."

"Not for some time, my lord." Informed Bainbridge, "I was forced to close it down, but I need only the funds to re-open it."

Kullen suspected that this had been the doctors plan along, but he cared little for the deception if in the end he would receive more animal mutants to do his bidding. He would sacrifice the beasts to ensure his rule and expand his territories and with the doctor at his disposal the supply would be endless.

"Done." Kullen told the doctor, a response that surprised Dravesh.

Bainbridge shared with his son an, 'I-told-you-so', look then bowed humbly before the lord. "I am humbled by your generosity, my friend. Within the year, you will have your army."

Kullen nodded. The time would be adequate.

"Would you and your son, care to join me? Every so often I walk amongst the people to remind them of my presence, it could prove entertaining." Offered the lord, whose offer was really a request.

"We would be delighted." Answered the doctor as he stared at Dravesh, prompting him to respond.

"Yes." Replied Dravesh, reluctantly bowing, "I can use the exercise."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan watched Zack and the other head downstairs and wondered what she should do. She wasn't very tired and yet she hadn't slept much for two days now and it would catch up to her sooner rather than later.

Walking up to the bar, she reserved herself a room before heading out to have a look around before she laid down for a few hours. The area outside was bustling with activity and many different species. Her eyes were wide with curiosity as she took everything in. There were bars everywhere and brothels. Little duplex like dwellings scattered about along with apartment buildings built into ruins of old office buildings. She only went about 5 blocks down from the airplane tavern before she turned to head back.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:40 am

Zack sat in a dark fog sitting once again on air with the night’s stars below him he looked around finding himself alone. He slowly stood walking along the night he reached down finding no coat but bare skin he stood with only his lower gear of trousers. “When did I take my coat off?” Zack removed a knife from his boot slipping it out he saw in the reflection a glimmer of his face. He moved the knife closer finding himself younger. “You were this age when you finally thought your own seat in reality.” Zack lifted his head the voice coming from all directions. “What happened before I reached thirty?” A cackle came as his response from the fog. “Well I was the one who continued our existence in that place.” Zack took another step forward wondering if there were any directions in the mist. “Existence?” Another sinister cackle came from the smoke.

Zack felt his foot dip into liquid looking down he still found the stars but ripples came from his feet a thin layer of water but the dots of white were red his eyes widened. “Blood?” He took a step back looking around himself. “The funny thing is that quite a large amount is yours, I kept us alive the situations we could never live through but.... Well let’s just say I don’t take no for an answer except your orders after all we don’t want to be banished.” Zack looked around trying to find the source of the voice but it seemed to be radiating from the sea of blood. “So what if it has my blood.” The voice was silent Zack found the silence more menacing than the cackles his hands tensing on the knife. “You’re too careless! Think of yourself just the pain imagine if I hadn’t been there for you.” Zack found he felt some itching under his skin grimacing.

Zack looked around himself the itching growing but he continued searching. “Your hollow promises are entertainment I must say but they always lead to something like...this!” without warning a large cut scratched itself up his chest cutting from his belly button to his left shoulder the pain so real but no blood flowed from the wound Zack gritted his teeth fighting the pain without a scream. “Hmm tougher than the last time I tested you.” Another scratch he could feel it between his shoulder blades a sharp stabbing pain through his chest causing him to gasp and cough out of breath. “Come on Zack give us one scream!” Zack took shaky breaths the throbbing pain causing him to feel dizziness. “This might give some good memories?” He found pin pricks slowly appearing on his skin in a nice crescent on his right shoulder the stabbing pain increasing as the dots widened to size. “Just a little reminder of mistrust!” Zack suddenly found himself panting awake sitting in the cold tomb he sat motionless taking deep breaths still feeling the searing pains of the dream slowly throbbing away.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 am

While in the cell next to him, Zack, literally battled his demons, Lyand slept soundly. Lying on his side, his arm tucked beneath the pillow under his head he didn't seem real. He did not stir nor make sound of breath and one observing him would have felt the eerie sensation that the man was dead. In the faint light emanating from the crack under the door, the sheen of his skin looked like wax, the perfectly smooth, unmarred surface appearing as if the slightest movement would cause it to crack.

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 0_61_100907_russia_chessboard

Doctor Bainbridge lounged back in his seat, pretending to be interested in his little tour of Sanguine Valley. He really didn't give a damn. He unlike his gargantuan host and lord sitting high in his throne had no connection to the town, nor did he care to establish one.

They were traveling in a roofless, motorized vehicle, that Lord Bloodhand and mounted a throne in the very back for all to see, and also assassinate him, Bainbridge considered. The fat lump, was elevated high like a piñata and one day someone was going smash the fool wide open, but hopefully not until he got his money out of the man.

Dravesh was impressed by Lord Bloodhand's display of power. Every so often the armoured guards that marched alongside the transport would randomly choose a subject to make an example of and strike fear into the populace. There choices, he was quite aware, were hardly random. They forced the strong, the weak and even the old to grovel before their lord, examples for the others to see and give them a breakfast of fear. When they began to beat, a would be warrior in the street, the ape-man, stood up excitedly, egging the soldiers on with guttural coughs and howls, banging his hand on the side of the vehicle. A display that his father was none to impressed with, but the lord smiled his approval, condoning the behaviour. Bainbridge didn't like to be countermanded, but he knew better than to disagree with the 'lord of the manor' and merely thrust his eyes in the opposite direction, staring into the crowd of dull, mindless, sheep.

The ape-man calmed down as the bloody display was left behind, then a strange and familiar scent was detected by his much stronger, bestial olfactory organs. A scent that had to have been conjured by a memory, yet it was so vivid it had to be real. He leaned across to the other side of the vehicle, past the lord's feet to the other side of the car where his father was sitting but then decided that he dare not trouble him with such a trivial observation.

Banebridge cast a curious look at his son as he retreated. "What it is?" he asked.

"It is probably nothing, father." he replied.

"Nothing? You were quite convinced a second ago. Speak!" The doctor impatiently demanded.

Dravesh sighed. "I caught her scent." he revealed.

"Who's?"

"Sin. It was very faint, but... it was probably nothing." Dravesh dismissed sitting back in his seat to meet the stare of yet another humanoid child frozen with fear by the look of him.

Bainbridge eased back into his seat and searched the crowd surreptitiously. His son's nose was rarely wrong and if he detected the wolf-bitch, then she was probably about. But how? The thought of her presence, unnerved him, as her desperate vengeance knew no bounds, little did he realize that Dravesh had only picked up on a lingering scent from the knife carried by the gypsy woman. The handle permeated with her scent was enough for the chimpanzee's enhanced sense of smell to detect, but in the thick crowd was unable to pin-point the source.

The parade moved on past the Bloody-52, turned and headed back to the west side of the town. The display of power had been successful, once more quelling any thoughts of rebellion that had entered the minds of the public, but before they left the area Bainbridge appealed to Kullen.

"My lord. My son has become aware of an old friend in your fair city. Might he acquire the use of some of your guards to pay them a visit?" the doctor humbly requested.

"Granted." Kullen offered with a smile, feeling that this would strike even more fear in his subjects.

Dravesh grinned evilly and leapt out of the vehicle, followed by four soldiers. He darted into the crowd following his nose, searching for the scent he had detected and it was not long before he found it once more. Drawing his vicious looking scimitar, the ape-man waded into the crowd. His powerful ape physique allowed him to easily throw full sized men aside like rag dolls as he closed in on the source of the scent.

Kaelen was unsuspecting. How could she know? There was absolutely nothing that could of warned her that the knife she had taken would draw such attention and as she wandered through the crowd soon found herself surrounded by four guards. She, looking so much like Sin, especially from behind, fooled Dravesh. It was not until he spun her around that he realized that it was not her. Confused he quickly began to scan her person for an item of Sin's and found it in the knife that the woman now wielded.

"Where did you get that knife?" Dravesh growled, "The one that carried it before you, where is she?" he questioned, threatening to cleave the woman in two if she did not answer.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan felt herself being grabbed and roughly turned around, only to stare up into what appeared to be an ape-man. She looked around her, at the 4 guards surrounding her, the malicious looks on their faces. She felt uneasy and a twinge of fear, but her curiosity over Dravesh was at the forefront of her emotions. Her head cocked to one side, she studied Dravesh, her light blue eyes looking over his ape like face. Finally, it sunk in what he'd been asking and she looked down at the black knife.

"Oh...this. I acquired it off some dead girl in the desert. It was strange, really. What was left of her face resembled mine. Why? Did you know her?"

Kaelan's head turned sharply just then, as she heard another muffled scream coming from whatever the Lord Bloodhand's guards were doing to another being, but they were still too far away for her too see anything. Not thinking about Dravesh or the guards around her, she called on her binocular vision to see what was going on. Her pupils suddenly dialated, resembling that of a hawk. As she looked down the street, her head began to tilt up and she was able to make out two men sitting upon some kind of contraption that seemed to be floating. She then turned her attention to the guards on the ground and watched as they tortured some poor man in front of everyone around them. Her brows furrowed together, the look on her face that of pure disgust as her eyes went back to normal and she turned her gaze onto Dravesh who was now looking at her curiously.

"I do not think I like this so called town any longer. If you will excuse me, I must take my leave. I am sorry for the death of your friend, the one who carried this knife."

Kaelan turned, staring at the guards who would not move until Dravesh told them to allow her to pass.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:44 pm

"You're certain she was dead?" Hissed the ape man, leaning uncomfortably close to the woman. So close she could feel his hot breath on her cheek.

When she further described the scene, only omitting the detail of the tall man, the ape-man smiled contently. "So she is dead." savoring the words as they rolled out of his mouth, "Finally!" he declared, then just when Kaelen thought that the ape-man might release her he pulled her closer, this time less forcefully. He grinned greedily as he looker her up and down, purring like a great cat. "You're a feisty one." he told her, drawing nearer but as the girl pushed away from him he surprisingly stopped his advances and straightened himself.

"Tell me," the ape-man continued, "Did you see anyone else around the body? A tall man, carrying a great sword? Perhaps dead as well?" he asked as pleasantly as the ape-man was capable of, then he released her but did not yet dismiss the wall of guards while he awaited her answer. He kept on looking her up and down with his creeping stare while she pondered her answer and Kaelen did not receive a good feeling about the ape-man's intentions.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan was definately now uneasy, Dravesh beginning to make her nervous. When he asked about Zack, she pondered for a few minutes, acting as if she were thinking when in actuality she was deciding on whether or not to lie to the ape-man. Looking at him, her light blue eyes looked directly into Dravesh's brown eyes.

"I saw tracks around the body and many dead spider like creatures around it as well. But, there was no tall man with a sword. Now, if you do not mind, I no longer like this place and would like to collect my things and leave here."

She turned again, facing the wall of guards. Realizing that he was not going to allow her to leave just yet, she turned and faced him once more, her eyes now showing her anger. She could feel her strength growing as her anger and fear triggered the genetitcs of the wolverine dna that ran through her system. She still would be no match for Dravesh, but that didn't mean she wouldn't try. If her fear overrode her anger, then the dna of the cheetah would kick in and she would have a burst of speed for a short distance. When he would see her eyes, he would see that there was a dark amber cast to them.

"I have answered your questions and would now like to leave. So, call off your guards and allow me to leave. Now."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Dravesh held the woman's gaze, pondering her words. He noted the change in her irises and compared it to the 'mood ring' his father had gifted him when he was just a boy. A token that marked the beginning of the many wondrous and horrid things the doctor would reveal to him, but somehow the memory of that magical stone always soothed him. Perhaps it took him back to the jungle, the place where the doctor had found him and the lingering hope that more of his kind yet existed in the dark lush forests across the ocean. He really wasn't sure, but what he did understand was that the woman was somehow another aberration, no different that the vile products of his father's experiments. How these impure hybrids sickened him!

The ape-man backed away from the woman and barred his teeth. "Leave, then." he growled and when the guards sought to disobey him, he roared angrily, "BACK AWAY!"

The guards obeyed, fearing the ape-man's wrath and Dravesh then pointed his sword down the lane then back at the gypsy. "Go! And never return to this place! If I see you again you will pray for a quick death." he promised, "GO!"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan was relieved when Dravesh allowed her to leave and quickly left his presence, heading back to the airplane tavern/inn. She kept her steps even, not letting on just how relieved she was to be able to leave. Once she made it back to the tavern/inn, she quickly went to her room, shut and locked the door and sat down on the bed. She pondered on what to do...whether or not she should find Zack's room and warn him and his blue friend. She didn't know how long she'd stayed there, but when next she peered out the small window of her room, she saw that the sun was slowly setting.

Rising off the bed, she grabbed her small pack and the knife and headed downstairs. She ignored everyone in the room as she headed for the door leading down to the rooms below ground. She was becoming more and more agitated as with every closed door she knocked on, neither Zack nor the blue man answered. Only two doors were left and she said a silent plea that one of them would answer. When the blue man opened the door, Kaelan looked up into his face, taking a deep breath.

"Zack is in danger. Please, tell me which room he is in so that I can warn him."

When he simply crossed his arms across his chest, clearly not trusting her, she became frustrated.

"Please....I tell you the truth. Zack is in danger and you must get him out of here!"

Turning, she went to the one door that was left and proceeded to bang forcefully on it.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Furrowing his brow. Lyhand leaned against the wall of the hallway, the top of his head just a few inches way from the ceiling. In the dimly lit corridor his eyes possessed a luminescent quality, his red irises seeming to radiate their own soft light, giving him an other worldly appearance as he watched the girl futilely bang on the door.

"He's not there." he told her, and when she shot him an incredulous look the large man merely pointed round the corner where at the end of another corridor was one last door she had missed. "It's like a maze down here." he commented, then before she could began banging on that door he beckoned her to calm down and explain herself.

"The sun has not yet fully set." Lyhand stated, checking a gold pocket watch he procured from his vest. "Let the man sleep for a while longer." he told her as he casually looked behind him then turned his red stare back to her, "I don't see anything to be alarmed about, now why don't you calm down and tell me your tale. If Zack's life is truly in danger then I will stand watch until he arises. Now, why don't you start at the beginning."

Dravesh stood outside the Bloody-52 sniffing the air. "She's here." he informed the four guards.

The ape-man has always prided himself on his cunning. He had suspected that the girl may have been holding something back, but so often brute force and scare tactics yielded poor results. He had learned that from his father, although the latter was far more exciting. The girl had moved with haste, a panic to her steps. Perhaps it was nothing, but Dravesh had to make sure.

"Lead the way." he ordered the guards.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:41 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Hellsing

Zack slowly got up bringing his wine with him he pulled the cork out a dexterous trick of his finger and thumb the cork dropping to the floor he lifted the bottle to his eye seeing the dark liquid black in the dark without colour. “Bottom’s up.” Zack poured a large swig in his mouth relishing the fruity taste unlike his first drink in the inn. “Finally something I wanted.” Zack walked to the bed leaning his back against it he probed into his mind finding that the demon was still pruning itself for later but it was stirring telling him night was close. Zack pulled the bed down from the door dropping it with a large bang as he found it difficult to move it he yanked on the door mechanism pushing the door with his whole shoulder finding it heavy he gave a sigh as he stepped out remembering he had forgot his sword quickly turning back round he walked back inside lifting the blade. From the floor he gave a small laugh. “Heavy?” Zack had forgotten what it was like to be awake during the day finding everything much more difficult he walked back out walking in the corridor to find both Kaelan and Lyand.

Both looked at him one with fear and what could Zack say about Lyand they were practically blank like his own. “Is it a hall party or something?” He walked closer slowly releasing tension in his neck straining it left and right a small crack heard from his spine. “That’s better!” He looked from one to the other. “We gonna stand round forever or we gonna let old Zack rot?” He moved round both of them heading towards the stairs up to the inn.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:00 am

As the sun approached the horizon, Sanguine Valley fell into shadow. The residual light of day reflecting off of the canyon walls bathed the city of stone and metal in a soft red glow that filtered through the small windows of the Bloody-52's tavern.

Dravesh, unfamiliar with his surrounding let the guards enter the establishment first. As he stepped through the widened doorway of the ancient aircraft, he scowled at the foul stench of stale booze and human sweat, the place was rank with it.

In the tavern, a few patrons sat at the bar and a few others were spread around the tables, but the place had yet to fill up, the clientele usually arriving after sunset which was yet three quarters of an hour away.

When the ape man shuffled into the tavern all eyes were drawn to him. None had ever seen his like before and their hairless faces all had the same expressions that Dravesh was all too familiar with. The first reaction he usually received was, "Who let their monkey off the leash?" Damn fools! How he despised Humans and Humanoids were no better in his books.

"Fan out and find the girl!" Dravesh ordered the guards and when he spoke, the occupants of the tavern realizing his intelligence dismissed him as just another Animal-Mutant. Some instinctively minded their own business while others watched curiously.

Lyand was weary. He, like Zack lacked a tolerance for daylight, his own being less severe but just as incapacitating. As the tall, black haired man strolled past cracking a joke about their "hall party", Lyand smiled and looking at him with his red eyes, yawned and asked, "Are my eyes blood shot?" It was the first real joke the man had offered, but the man's humorous side was fleeting, and as quickly as his face softened into his version of a smile it solidified once more to his unfeeling, stone expression.

As Zack made his way up the stairway, Lyand ushered the girl ahead of him and brought up the rear. He leaned against the wall as he climbed, and sweat was beginning to bead his forehead. As they reached a small landing and rounded the corner, they were hit by the remaining light of day, reflecting into the establishment. Zack noticeably reacted to it and Lyand was forced to thrust his watering eyes to the floor.

Stepping into the hallway that lead into the tavern, Lyand could barely make out the beaded curtain that separated it from the main area. He could only follow the two shadows ahead of him as they blurred into a nova of red light.

Zack entered the tavern. His large frame hid the small women from immediate view as he paused at the opening when he saw Dravesh, and the ape-man saw him.

"Zack!" the ape-man sneered, "So you live!"

The guards unsure of how they should react to the stranger trained their weapons on him, but Dravesh waved his hand, "At ease." he told them, "Are we not civilized? Should we not first speak as, Men?" he said, his father's words spilling out of his mouth like a bad taste.

Dravesh offered his creepy smile and strolled to the bar. He banged his heavy hand on the bar and summoned the bar tender. "A bottle of wine and two..." he then noticed the gypsy and the big man that accompanied his father's former right hand, "... four glasses."

After the tender filled the glasses, Dravesh took one and stepped back gesturing to the others to take one. He sipped at the red elixir and winced. "I don't know how you can drink this?" Dravesh commented, placing his glass down on a near by table, "So, another one dies, Zack. It seems you were unable to save Sin. You always were a bleeding heart. I don't know why my father even kept you around."

Dravesh gnashed his teeth angrily and drew his sword.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan peered around Zack and saw that Dravesh had seen her. Her gaze didn't waver even though she was filled with fear and wariness. She looked back and forth between the ape-man and Zack, realizing that they knew each other as well as the dead girl, Sin, whose body lay in the desert. Looking behind her at the blue man, she looked up and saw that his red eyes were watering from the remaining rays of daylight and mouthed the words, 'Are you alright?' to him. She saw him nod and turned just in time to see Dravesh pull his sword.

Watching she stepped off to the side, making sure that they all had room to move and drew the black knife that she carried, watching Dravesh and the guards. She needed cunning and swiftness and felt the dna of the wolf take hold as her eyes turned amber, making her look very much like Sin. She waited, not wanting to get in Zack or the blue man's way if they attacked first. Instead, she concentrated on the guards a snarl escaping from her lips.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Zack gave a chuckle. “I’m sorry to tell you this but you are way beyond bloodshot eyes!” Zack hunched his shouldered taking the steps three at a time reaching the corner coming round he felt a sudden increase of heat feeling as if he was roasting his eyes shrinking to pin points he gave a shiver as he reacted to all this. His eyes went wide slightly but quickly went back to slits as too much light entered them. “Guess this is what was causing you to fear.” Looking back to Kaelan.

“Dravesh my old pal, god I could kill you right now!” Zack giving a wide almost neutral uncaring grin “Would I let you down and die?” Zack gave a friendly grin to the guards “Yeah we are all civilized in this tavern as men.” He stressed the word men to the chimp a large amount of the customers had recognized Zack from last night they began to edge away leaving the guards and Dravesh in the open middle by the bar. Zack looked to the wine glasses. “I’m happy with mine.” Shaking the bottle in his hand. “Good stuff the emotions you feel for some people can disappear even mercy.” Zack stepped forward he looked Dravesh up and down the comment on Sin stung him a pang in his chest he slowly began to grin. “I was kept cause I had something you did not have.” Dravesh looking into Zack’s own eyes saw something almost pure darkness move within those pupils surfacing slowly a whisper in Zack’s head. “Already fighting even before the sun is fully down, Zack are we going back to the old days?” He could feel the demon stepping to its observers seat his strength gain every second as the sun dropped inch by inch Zack looked at the scimitar with uncaring eyes he looked sideways the nearest guard to him held a long spear like implement but the end was tipped with a device which gave off sparks. “Men armed with cattle prods?”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:40 am

Dravesh stabbed his sword into the floor and leaned on it while he and Zack conversed, all the while keeping an eye on the fading day. He was aware the man's aversion to sunlight, although he never truly learned why or to what extent it effected him and although it was wiser to fight the man sooner rather than later the ape-man's pride would not allow it. He did not NEED to fight a weakened adversary and certainly not the whelp before him.

"So what is it you have that I do not?" Questioned Dravesh, "Hmmmm? Do you believe you're better than me? You and all your kind." he said gesturing to the Humans and Humanoids around them, "Please spare me that."

Dravesh then took note of the large blue skinned man that made his way to the bar, took a stool and reached for one of the wine glasses. "Another nocturnal." he commented, "Really Zack, you must choose better company. This sun-blind giant and pathetic substitute for Sin are beneath you. I'll tell you what. Why don't you rejoin us? Your former master is here, in the city at this moment, under the protection of lord Bloodhand himself."

The ape-man cackled, delighting in having what he believed to be the upper hand. "You see, Zack. I am now the lord of the dance and you, you're nothing but a drifter, mourning the loss of one my father's discarded experiments. Of course I can't say that she did not prove entertaining from time to time. At least she was good for something."

Dravesh's brave taunts were made while the slowly fading rays of the sun yet shone into the tavern. The ape-man realizing that while the day remained he could get in his digs and perhaps unbalance his opponent.

Lyand sat calmly at the bar, studying, through blurry eyes, the two adversaries. Zack's aversion to the sunlight was obviously far greater than his own and he was not sure if the tall man would be able to contend with the muscular ape-creature. He was also concerned with the soldiers and their electrical spears. In his present state he would not be able to put up much of a fight, accept to defend himself, and prayed that Zack's old acquaintance would choose to battle him one on one. Of course there was the girl, but he had his doubts that she would be able to do much, but then again, he had been wrong before.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:05 am

Dravesh stabbed his sword into the floor and leaned on it while he and Zack conversed, all the while keeping an eye on the fading day. He was aware the man's aversion to sunlight, although he never truly learned why or to what extent it effected him and although it was wiser to fight the man sooner rather than later the ape-man's pride would not allow it. He did not NEED to fight a weakened adversary and certainly not the whelp before him.

Zack gave a frown he gave a laugh trying to pull himself together. “I have demon’s my child demon’s my father called me a shell and that’s what I will forever be, oh and you don’t have your.... he looked” down a little nod of his head for he knew Dravesh had been neutered at the labs. “Catch my drift?” Zack stood straight the guard in the corner of his eye was getting jumpy Zack could see this easily. “I believe, wait I know I’m better than you at least in a fair dual but who knows about just grappling and trying to rip each other’s throats out, it would be an interesting fight though.”

Zack turned round scratching the side of his scar. “Who else do you expect to find me and point me towards a town at a few hours to sunrise I wouldn’t expect a day walker like you to even be awake by then.” He turned back round slowly listening to the jibes he stepped forward not listening to the last sentence. “Can I have a look at your scimitar?” Showing general interest in the weapon above their conversation playing cool but he didn’t feel cool he felt frozen no feelings would come and he realised why the demon was egging him on hiding the emotions which would cloud him and ruin his fighting. Zack took a step forward tilting his head slightly as he saw the guard raise his spear. “Your sword has too heavy a blade it needs shaving otherwise you may have problems with swinging the lunk.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:20 am

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Be_car10Kaelan watched the exchange between Zack and Dravesh, something familiar about the ape-man. She had felt it earlier when he'd questioned her about the dead girl and the knife. But, she couldn't quite figure out where she'd seen him before today.

Her knife was drawn and her blue eyes now cast an amber tint as the dna of the wolf coursed through her system. She became aware of where everyone was...Lyand, the guards, the bartender, the one serving girl who was still out in the open. She could smell Dravesh's nasty breath with her enhanced sense of smell as well as the horrid body odor of the dog-man clear across the room. Her hearing had also become more acute and she heard the heartbeat of one of the guards and then she heard him draw his sword. He was standing behind a large beam over to the right of her about 20 feet away.

Quietly and with purpose, her gaze was on the shoulder of the guard standing behind the beam. She could still smell and hear everyone else and knew where everyone was at as she came up on the guard. Before he knew what was going on, he felt the point of a blade upon the back of his neck, along with a low growl...much like Sin's growl.

"Sheath your sword and stand down or you lose what blood you have coursing through your veins. This is between Zack and the ape."

The guard sheathed his sword and raised his hands, showing that he had complied with the woman who barely came up to his shoulder, but who had a sharp blade at the base of his neck.

Hearing a growl much like Sin's, Dravesh looked over at the small gypsy woman, seeing the eyes much like Sin's only light blue with an amber tint.

"Mama Beverly taught me that it was bad manners to interfere in a fight unless it is a battle without honor."

This caught both Zack's and Dravesh's attention...the mention of Mama Beverly for there was a motherly lab assistant who had disappeared many years ago named Beverly, at the same time a 3 to 4 year old little girl had disappeared from the labs......a little girl with light blue eyes.

Kaelan looked over at Zack smiling at him.

"If possible, no one will interfere...." she looked at Dravesh....."if you think you can accomplish whatever it is you wish to accomplish with honor, ape-man."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2   Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life After the Cataclysm - Chapter 2
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next