Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Krynn OOC Banter

Go down 
+3
serredeth
zinsk
RPMistress
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 pm

RPMistress wrote:
Now we circle in a holding pattern and wait.....

like vultures waiting on the gut wagon to stop

What are you waiting for?

POST!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:10 pm

I IS! I IS!!!
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 pm

RPMistress wrote:
I IS! I IS!!!

/roarsLikeKitten
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:16 pm

*snickers*

THE MIGHTY LION HAS SPOKEN
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Has Tynen been approved or do I need to make a few more changes?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:30 pm

He's approved with just one little note of caution: Mages are usually gifted with magical ability from a young age. they don't 'normally' gain their spell casting abilities suddenly when they are adults, however, because of his ambition, Takhisis could take advantage of the fact he doesn't know that and could be promising him what he wants to hear just so she can keep him under foot.

And when ever you need interaction between Takhisis and Tynen, let Z, Ray or myself play her
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Okay, RP. thank you. I will keep that in mind. Perhaps making him a great warrior first who craves the power of the mage, believing, as you said, that Tahkisis will grant him that when that couldn't be further from the truth.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 pm

SinTara wrote:
Okay, RP. thank you. I will keep that in mind. Perhaps making him a great warrior first who craves the power of the mage, believing, as you said, that Tahkisis will grant him that when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Typically someone will pursue one road, there isn't a lot if any multi-class characters in the Dragonlance world.

The real problem I am seeing is that if he is wearing metal he won't be able to cast spells because the magic of Krynn is very similar to that of electricity in that it will fry you in your armor if you try to cast. This the main reason wizards wear cloth and any Elves that are Rangers but still cast lower level spells (all Rangers can cast low level spells like detect magic and concealment type spells) are always in leather. Obviously leather is quieter than metal but it is also not conductive.

One work around I see is that he could have been granted some lower level Clerical skills from Tahkisis for his loyalty to her. He would be able to cast those while in metal armor because those powers are typically channeled through an object and it is not uncommon for those items to be metallic (think Goldmoon's staff from the original book series). Clerical magic is given from the god or goddess the cleric worships for loyalty and it would be perfectly acceptable that she would do that to "hook" him as he would become addicted to the magic and crave more, hence become more loyal in the hopes of being granted more power.

Magic users are actually restricted from carrying any bladed weapons in the books and were only allowed to carry a very small dagger after Huma's defeat of Tahkisis in the first war. They were allowed to carry a small dagger in remembrance of the Dragonlance since it is a magical item. This would negate his being a magic user but carrying a sword.

So in a nutshell if you were to alter the character to have Clerical (but low level) abilities but he was combining that with his swordsmanship (warrior class-ship) that would be perfectly acceptable.

Does all of that make sense? I am just trying to keep things to the foundational lore of the books.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I think I understand it. I will make some minor changes. Would it be feasible for Tahkisis to grant him more strength or swiftness or something along those lines? That way I don't have to do any of the mage stuff. Not sure that I'm ready for that. LOL
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Zinsk.....if you want, go ahead and move Tynen into position. That way I will know what your character wants him to do.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 pm

The Dark Goddess can grant a number of abilities an enhancements to Tynen. In the past I've seen her grant dragon sight, immense strength, super natural hearing... she can grant almost anything ^_^ just be creative. If you aren't sure if something is proper feel free to ask us.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Okay, Thank you so much. I think that is how I will play it out. I'm just not comfortable with my abilities enough to try my hand at casting like that. I will make the proper changes to his profile.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Made the changes......I think this works much better.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 pm

SinTara, Ray got to the answer before me but he is absolutely correct, Tahkisis can grant him a special ability. In the past I had a character that had dragon sight, I believe Myth at one point had something as well.

She can bestow an ability on someone for a reward to service, however you would be limited to one or two if said ability is powerful (like dragon sight. when my character had it it was the only special she had).

As Ray said, be creative and there really isn't a limit it just needs to be reasonable, not "I can fry one person a day to a crisp" ... which actually would be passable as long as it was an NPC Wink
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 pm

I believe Myth's gift was enhanced strength and dragon skin... the draw back was that he had a chance to go berserk.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:56 pm

serredeth wrote:
I believe Myth's gift was enhanced strength and dragon skin... the draw back was that he had a chance to go berserk.

yes, that was it Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:39 am

I won't be able to post until this afternoon guys so go aheaad and advance my characters as you need to
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 am

RPMistress wrote:
I won't be able to post until this afternoon guys so go ahead and advance my characters as you need to

I am in meetings until noon MDT, so I won't be able to post until this afternoon either.

z
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:01 am

my meeting starts in 30 minutes, I was able to squeak one in Smile
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:43 am

back l8tr folks
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Just sat down with my lunch, working on a post now.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

chow down big daddy

I'll wait and post mine after yours.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:36 pm

chowed and posted hehe
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:41 pm

I will post after Deb Smile
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:45 pm

I gotta head back to work but I'll check in on things from my itouch hehe. Just can't post till later ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krynn OOC Banter   Krynn OOC Banter - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Krynn OOC Banter
Page 20 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next