Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Band Banter - OOC

Go down 
+6
KasaiYoukai
Lac'Nal
RPMistress
Kutsu Shita
Tiphereth
Vaudeville
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 am

Cool. Please feel free to move the story along, but if you're going to go after Plymuth, make some noise and wake him up. LOL! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah, yes, the warmer weather. I will explain now why I may be absent for 3 or 4 days at a time from time to time. I live in the country on 5 1/2 acres, half of this is woods and the other half is yard and gardens. From spring to fall, we do laundry with a 1952 electric Maytag wringer/washing machine and hang the items on the clothesline. We also have wild blackberry bushes as well as 2 large vegetable gardens. I can, freeze, and make homemade jams and jellies. This a busy time for us. Also, we do not have internet at this time at home and we have only 1 channel on the television. When chores are done, we have a lot of family time together. My 18 yr. old son can cook from scratch, do laundry the old way, and can and freeze vegetables. My 10 yr. old daughter will start learning these things this year. So, I use my mom's, sister-in-law's, or the library's computers. lol! But, I love my life. It's simple and back to the basics. That's all I wanted to let you all know about me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Wow... almost seems like you live in a colony. Very grass roots!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:16 pm

LOL not a colony, just me, hubby, son, daughter, 5 dogs, 5 cats, 2 large gardens, blackberry bushes, and all of the deer, coon, rabbits, and squirrel you can imagine. The deer get hunted, though, in the fall.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

OMG....Sin....we are too much alike in this aspect.

I live in the country surrounded by Amish families. My 18 y/o son can cook from scratch as well and my 15 y/o is getting his feet wet in that catagory.

They both do their own laundry and when the weather permits, hang it out on the line to dry. Although we don't have one of those wringer washers.
Today they are cleaning the house for me. What a Face

We don't have our own veggie gardens but we do buy our veggies from our Amish neighbors and I freeeze or can them. Same with the fruit they have too.

We spend little time indoors (until it gets too humid for us outside) but even then we spend a lot of time in the pool and with my 10 y/o neice spending the summer with us, we'll no doubt be spending a great deal more time in the pool. Not to mention the fact we go RVing almost every weekend.

Now if the stinking weather will just cooperate they can do their laundry tomorrow and hang it out to dry again.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow what are the odds. It is really cool to meet you SinTara, you'll obviously fit in really well here. Smile

So we'll have to figure out the best way to deal with two separate story lines in the same forum, but I think RPM already has that figured out. Wink
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes, the weather. I need to do laundry tomorrow and I'm hoping that it doesn't rain. Now, where do I go with my thread? How do I get it there? I'm somewhat computer illiterate, so bear with me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:26 pm

This something Admin has to take care of so no worries. RPM can move your stuff back and set you up.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:29 pm

We were all in your shoes when we first came to the site as well so all we do is remember where we came from and then it's no sweat!

OK....so if you want this to be a whole new story, I will place it in a new topic under Apcalyptic Dawn if that suits ya. Of course we can make other topics associated with the new story as we move it forward, but I think AD is a good place to put it as it's with that whole post-nuclear holocaust theme.

I'll PM you for some other, minor details for what's needed. That way we don't clutter up the threads with incidental posts.

And it's GREAT to have you on board!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Okay, cool. I will simply wait. I have to head home for a little bit. Brought my mom home from the hospital today. Severe reaction to an anitbiotic a couple of days ago. But, I'm coming back late this afternoon. I will check in then, so, please let me know if I need to do any more tweaking.

RPM--I think it's really cool that we are so much alike in our lifestyles. Tiphereth knew what he was doing when he invited me here. Smart man. You said you lived near Amish families. You don't by any chance live in or near Illinois do you?
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:44 pm

i will not comment on what a DARASTIC different life style i live to you two the bustling streets of city always shopping for noodles (its a trademark sponsorship Razz ) well then i come back and im alone nothing better to do but sit down and crack open a can/boil a pan and sit infront of the comp (this is all after my CE job obviously ) Shocked
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:53 pm

You city slicker you!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Well I moved Sin's story. But I think she should just re-post her character in the Apocalyptic Dawn character section then we can discard the other OOC and Character topic from Grimnir's inn.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

KEWL! I'm waiting to hear back from her on some things and we'll get the things going from there.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm

LOL. I probably just should have left things alone. Ah, well.

You seem to know what to do. Should there be a write up on the world? I mean since it's the same setting as the regular story line it shouldn't be necessary... should it?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm

I'm thinking we amend the AD description with some of the things Sin has suppllied for us. That way it takes care of everything. I'll make the new post in the description topic more specific to the part of the story she's helping get started.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Is there a formal description of the A.D. world? If you wanted to make one up... something brief and descriptive you could overwrite the first post I made in Geography, Flora and Fauna. Just a thought.

bloodnose's thought on vampires did give me an idea. You might like this bloodnose.

Many years ago before that horrible movie by the name of 'Ultra-Violet' I had written a short story about 'super-humans' called genomorphs, 'homo-morphic-geno-sapien' to be precise. In this story (which wasn't very good Smile ) I created a race that was an off-shot of these manipulated humans, a mutated form that came to be known as 'homo-morphic-necro-sapiens', or necromorphs. They were a species that developed a super-organ that essentially replaced their heart, making the organ a back-up. The super-organ located in the center of their body was protected by a reinforced rib-cage (yes I beat the writers of the Blade sequel to that one as well, sci-fi is so easy to write). This organ could sustain their body and increase it's strength significantly if the necromorph was able to feed on fresh blood.

The need for the type of blood would change every time, so sometimes they would seek out type O, and other times they would need type A and so forth. A mechanism developed through natural selection to ensure that they did not deplete their food resources too quickly. Things like that happen in nature all the time.

Other genetic anomalies are night vision, light sensitivity, heightened strength and some over time may even develop heightened mental abilities.

So, basically we have a vampire. I'll post a full description including their lineage (the creatures are sterile and reproduce by turning people into their kind but the transformation is a little more complex than the typical Hollywood vampire insta-change), in Geography, Flora and Fauna and anyone who may want to make a vampire character can use the evolved form of these genetically created creatures as their race.

Sound cool? Perhaps we can develop some Were Wolf - Vampire thing as a sub-plot.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 pm

like it alot *pulls scissors ready to snip some ideas from it* aye i think ill start some evil maybe Ragnar back from the dead (remembering old history) but no ill probally think of something different Ragnar was just a battle soldier in the wrong place Razz
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I was only using the Lycan/Vampire analogy as a refence point as to the ybrid that was genetically created that became Tom. I did not wish to imply that Tom was actually a vampire lycan hybrid, as he does not need to feed on blood. It has been my experience with vampiric rp, that the vampires all tend to become invincable and controlling. (VTM - Vampire The Masquarade - style R/P) it also, in my experience as led to vampiric wars. With groups of vampires roaming across diffeent threads. Just a word of caution to be carefull about that happening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

hmm indeed ill have to punish myself if i accidently start jumping and modding it would destroy me Shocked oh yeah ive editted my post taking my part out of finding plymuth too SKETCHY as they say
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: the city   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Ohhhh, you young pups. You have no idea what peace and contentment come from living basically. lol! But, if you can handle the hustle and bustle of the city, more power to you. I used to be a city girl, but not anymore. You couldn't pay me to go back to the city. I commend you, good sir, for being able to live there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Question   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 pm

How do I send a PM?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Click where it says 'You have no new messages' and type in the name of the person you want to PM or reply to one you received.

---------

Oh, its not difficult to tone down Vampiric power Lac, and in no way are the vampires I created anything like Anne Rice's or any other version of Vampires that Hollywood endorses. These are creatures/people with heightened powers that are self regenerating thus they have the potential to live a very very long time. And yes sites that cater to Vampires are dominated by teenagers who seem to believe that being a Vampire is synonymous with being a stripper or streetwalker... its pretty sad. True vampires look like the original Nosferatu, nothing sexy about him.

Of course light sensitivity puts a damper on their life style (they have normal human strength in the daylight, they don't burst into flames) and silver is poisonous to them, so when struck by it they heal like a human, they don't regenerate. Of course fire is always the big equalizer.

Just a thought... I'll post the creature anyway just in case there is an interest in pursuing such an idea.

As far as I know there as never been a movie or well known story that has created a Were wolf and Vampire scenario in an apocalyptic world where the creatures have been created.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Oh, and Click on New Message... Smile
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:18 pm

My intention was not to hamper or stifle anyones creative endeavors. I just wanted to express a word of caution and share past experiences. Granted they were from my early days of RP in Yahoo and later in GCN back many years before the turn of the century.

No RPM not the 18th century.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Banter - OOC   Band Banter - OOC - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Banter - OOC
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next