Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 KimikoBanner

As the conversation played itself out Kimiko took notice of Carlas disbelief, but at the same time she was sticking with the group... perhaps it was a lack of anywhere else to go, perhaps it was curiosity, whatever the case may be Kimiko was mildly impressed. This human woke up this morning unaware that there was an entire other world going about it's business right under her nose, and it was all poured on her like a flood. She nodded to Kain as he excused himself but then listened as he spoke his words. She smiled softly and responded, "He died doing what we do, for whatever purpose he fulfilled his mission, balance remains in place as a result of his actions, and all we can really hope for is that honor. There is no need to grieve his loss, he was brave and took action when it warranted."

She watched Kain walk up the aisle and turned to Carla, "I know you have been drinking from the firehose, and it most likely all seems so strange to you. I assure you that everything you have heard is true, there are others beside humans on this world."

She looked at Carla who was staring at her in disbelief and inhaled deeply, "If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask... don't wallow in disbelief too long, it can start to play tricks on the mind."

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 SionnBanner

Sionn looked up as Kain approached, he noted that he had no drink in his hand and in common, Scottish hospitality he reached and poured the man an 18 year old Aberlour on the rocks, "You look shy about 4 mils my friend."

As Kain sat and asked his question Sionn spoke, "Well, she did in fact. I don't know if she gave specifics, but she did say that there were others accompanying us. If you all are gon'ta be stayin' with us, Mum had to know so she could have the rooms prepared."

He looked at Kain and spoke, his eyes locked on the Punkie, "You seem very concerned about your identity no being revealed, this is no the first time you have asked a question of this nature... is there something you need to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Indian10Aurora heard Erebus say 'love' and look right at her, that love shining in his dark eyes.  Her own dark eyes widened with shock as she looked at Ean then at Erebus then back to Ean.  She knew he'd had feelings for her but she'd been too naive in the ways of men to suspect that he'd truly loved her.

"You love me?", she whispered, moving closer to Ean, clearly now uncomfortable.  "And your mind?  Is it twisted, Erebus?  Have you lost yourself to the darkness and this all a ruse?"

The thought of her friend having lost his mind to the darkness frightened and hurt her.  It was bad enough she'd been eaten with guilt over his death only to have him show back up but now this.  Her eyes darkened til they were almost completely black as her Mohican/Scottish temper took over, something that very rarely happened.

"Do you realize that I blamed myself for your death?  That I had nightmares because of it?", her voice was low and not only laced with anger but the guilt she'd felt all these past weeks.  "Now you show up, which don't get me wrong, I am more than happy about, but you speak about love as you look at me?  And before mentioning that you imply that you are not right in your mind.  I defended you at every turn!  How do we trust you after implying that your mind may be twisted as well?"

She was becoming agitated and upset and was glad that she'd made Beau stay behind, but Eryn had followed in the sky and now she sat outside Erebus' hotel window in the rain, feeling Aurora's agitation and cried out, her golden eyes staring at Erebus.

Aurora took a deep breath, taking a hold of Ean's hand for support, feeling his strength seep into her as she looked down for a few minutes.

"What is it you want, Erebus?  Why did you come back and please tell me that I wasn't wrong about you being different."  She raised her head, looking at him.  "My father was like you, a druid only from Scotland and he turned away from the dark when he fell in love with my mother.  I am Ean's, Erebus.  Heart and soul.  Is that going to cause problems for you?  I don't want to see you hurt but I want to make myself clear before we go on.  I love Ean, with everything I am.  I loved Sionn but it wasn't the type of love needed to make a true bond.  I have that with Ean and he has my bond along with my heart and soul."

She waited, her hand clinging to Ean's as she waited for his reply.  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10
Lilly was uncomfortable but the silk pillow helped.  What she'd not said was how afraid she was of flying.  She gripped the arms to the seat, her knuckles turning white as they took off then resting her head on Sionn's coat, inhaling his scent after they leveled out in the sky.   She was becoming lost and she knew it but every time those feelings started to rise she forced them back down.  The only thing Sionn had shown her was a caring friendship and she would be happy that she had that much from him.  Besides, she'd been a small child when he'd last seen her, a lot had changed with her and she knew him as well.

A tear then trailed down her cheek and she wiped it away as she thought about all those innocent people and the terror they must have felt as their lives were taken from them in a horrible way. The children bothered her the most for she had a soft spot for little ones and the thought of their terror ate at her.

She opened her eyes with a start when Sionn spoke to her, her right hand letting go of the arm of the seat as she took the bottle of water, smiling at Sionn in thanks her eyes shining at him, but her hands betrayed her fear as they shook slightly as she took the water and then opened it.  When Kain sat down next to Sionn, she was somewhat grateful for it so that Sionn's attention would be focused on him, hoping he'd not noticed her shaking as she drank from the bottle.  She'd already shut the blind at the window before take off and had as yet to unbuckle her seatbelt.  She closed her eyes as she set the bottle in the cup holder and positioned his jacket again to cradle her head, giving him and Kain privacy as she closed her eyes and tried not to listen to the sound of Sionn's voice.

She also couldn't wait to land, not only to get off the damned plane, but to get to a smithy and have new blades made.  Then a though hit her.  She had no clothes except for the tattered ones she had on now.  And, her small wallet with her bank card had been in the hotel room, well hidden from the room cleaners.  She sighed deeply, the thought of asking Sionn and his family for funds not sitting well with her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 ErebusBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 EanBanner

Erebus looked at Aurora as she spoke. The rage he could feel building inside her was palpable and he did not say a word until she was done. When she spoke her final sentence he responded, "I understand you. You have every right to be upset. Effectively you DID kill me Aurora, but you would have had no way to know it or understand the how's and the whys."

He leaned back in his chair and looked at her, "Love is what freed me from the bondage of darkness, love is what freed me form the twisted chains of black magic that had seeped into every pore of my being, every fiber of my flesh! I had no intention of anything beside destroying you when I first brought you to my home, you were the enemy... but then... I fell in love, and love, it is the most powerful magic of all."

He shook his head as he looked at the spirit guide on the wood outside his window, "It all sounds so stupid, so cliche, so fairy tale..." he turned and looked back at Aurora, "But for the first time in my life I did not want to harm a person. The charm of your presence, the sickness in my gut that I felt when you left... it was me becoming what I always fought. I became happy, I became disgusted with the darkness that lived in me. I was genuine when I asked for your help with my niece, I suddenly realized that everything my life had been up to that point was a WASTE."

He was breathing heavy, his heart felt like it was about to burst open in his chest, "I don't ask anything more of you, I do realize that you and Ean are bonded now, and I can not or will not fault you in any way shape or form. To trust one who has always lived in darkness, that is a tall order, one that even a woman of your strength and spirit would be unlikely to overcome. I harbor NOTHING against you, or you..." he turned to Ean, "All I can do is my best to make this right. I know their plan, I know what they are going to do, and I come to assist in any way I can to stop my brother and niece from carrying out this path of destruction that they plan to unleash on the world."

He inhaled deeply once again, his eyes becoming wet with tears waiting to fall, "Yes, my mind was twisted... but now, thanks to you my mind is free, I could never ask for anything more than that."

Ean looked at Erebus as he finished. He had remained very calm through all this, not rushing to judgement or conclusion. As Erebus finished Ean looked at Aurora and then to Erebus, "From the time I was a lad, I was taught to fight for good, to uphold justice and see that right find it's way into the lives of all those I encounter. Aurora's mother is a fine example of one who gave the most unlikely a chance, and here is her daughter, destiny it seems has had her walk the same path."

Erebus looked at Ean and said nothing, but his face showed great uncertainty as to where Ean might be going with this. Ean looked at Erebus as he continued to hold Aurora's hand, "I have spent my life fighting those like you, those who would seek the irrational destruction of anything they encountered, and it has been Druids that have always been at the center of it."

Erebus closed his eyes tightly, a tear squeezing itself out from under his right eyelid. Ean continued, "But one thing I have learned, people CAN change. I can no make this decision, but I can say that whatever Aurora decides, I will support her and see it done, even if that decision is to crush your skull right here, right now for your past crimes. She is the Bearer of the Bow, and that can only happen by one of the purest and truest heart. That is all the evidence I need to know her decisions are sound and motivated rightly."

He turned to Aurora and spoke, "It is on you lass, I am sorry, but all I can do is support you in this decision, I can no help you make it."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Eba0k1

Carla didn’t know what to think exactly, but eventually sighed and shrugged, “I have no reason to doubt you. I just get the feeling I might wake up any moment and find out this is all just a dream, or that the moment I accept all that has happened camera’s will pop out and everyone will yell; ‘gotcha!’, or something.” She said. “It’s probably as you said, and it’s all a bit much. I wouldn’t even know where to start asking questions, though, but if I think of any I’ll let you know.” She said and smiled.

Just half a plane away Kain wanted to say he still had some whisky, but only a fool would reject Sionn’s offer.
“Honestly, it’s probably nothing.” Kain replied, but after a short pause continued, “I hope you’ll forgive me being a bit anxious about being among others of the races, I don’t mean to be rude. I’ve just always been warned about finding myself involved with business concerning the houses. I have no intention of just turning a blind eye to what has happened— I hope to help— but just in case I’d like to keep a low profile, if you don’t mind.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Indian10Aurora listened to all Erebus had to say and she finally understood what had happened to her own druid father. His love for her mother had been so strong that it had truly pulled him from the darkness and into the light, cleansing his soul. Her heart suddenly bled for Erebus and the heartache she'd inadvertently caused him. But it was when Ean spoke, completely trusting her decision that shocked her.

She reached across from her with her free hand, her other hand still clinging to Ean's and gently wiped away the tear that had fallen down Erebus' cheek, smiling warmly at him.

"I am sorry that I cannot return your feelings, Erebus but trust me when I say that I truly believe that your soulmate is out there waiting for you. I feel it." She then looked at Ean, love shining in her dark eyes as she looked at him. "When Arawela took me to the Poe manor, Erebus treated me with nothing but respect and kindness but what proved to me that he is good was the butterfly. A butterfly is a creature of change." She then turned her soft eyes to Erebus. "It starts out a not so beautiful creature only to go through an amazing transformation into a beautiful creature. When that butterfly trusted you to light onto your finger in the middle of the darkness that is Poe manor, I knew then that you were a good soul. A butterfly is a creature of purity." She then turned back to Ean, "We will need his help in what is to come and I need both of you to help me with the ceremony. He is my friend, Ean. And I love him AS my FRIEND", she said, making sure that Ean understood that her love for Erebus was only that of a friend.

"The ceremony will be difficult on me and I will be vulnerable for the 3 days it takes to complete. I have finished the listing of what I will need and the proper sequence in which everything must be done." She turned to Erebus, "If your niece has done her research which I would expect that she had as she is crazy not stupid, then she will know that once the ceremony starts I will be weakened until it is finished. Once finished, the bow will become my ultimate weapon. And I with it."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich never got to answer her question as Sion called them to attention as it was time to embark even on the van she couldn't as she was placed in the front with Sion Dietrich let them all on as he stepped on last into the back closing the doors as he moved into a seat his back bent double to fit in the van his huge frame as the trip went in silence he slowly began to do simulations they would meet the druids the issue with this was the mist... he hadn't been able to come up with a strategy on the spot and even now the mist caused the 'unknown' factor.

They slid onto the tarmac he took a deep breath as he disembarked for the plane he hated planes... you had no control on external factors when flying someone wanted you down it fell to the pilot to protect you a thought that didn't sit too well with him but he saw the uses of it from getting A to B.

Once on the plane he had to stoop even a private jet could keep his form comfortable as slid into a seat moving though once he saw Torri fall to sleep not wanting to disturb her though quiet as he was sliding into a different chair hearing the conversation from Carly and Kimiko. He became the scholar for a second as a small brown book bound in leather was retrieved from a pocket opening it to retrieve the slender pen hidden in the spine of it. He began to write on what could only be a chart filling it in all seemed very unnatural for the dwarfed pen to be in his hand the language he wrote in wasn't english either as he signed the bottem of the page closing the book softly he leaned back in his chair not falling asleep but he let his eyes shut as he listened to the small talk and felt the aura's in the plane as he calmed his own hearing the punkie ask his questions he smiled maybe he had the same wish of being a normal 'human' to avoid such things as magick with its limitless dangers it presented...war was so simple in scope for normality.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

Ean and Erebus looked at the hut they had finished building, it had taken several hours to make the modifications that Aurora requested, and as the two of them stood, sweat covered brows hidden only by the ample rain that had fallen they looked on with satisfaction.

Erebus' mind was running with thoughts, all that had transpired, could he continue? Yes, he COULD, this was far too important, there was too much at stake for him to not stay the course he had established. Ean slapped him on the back and it knocked him out of his thoughtful trance, "Good work lad! I expect Aurora will be more than pleased, looks like we'ave built this hut to her precise specifications."

Erebus looked at Ean, rubbing his shoulder where he had been struck, he was not used to such expressions of friendship, "Yes Ean, I would expect she will be most pleased."

Before they had come back from the hotel earlier that day, Erebus had given Ean and Aurora his assurance that no outside disturbances would occur, and they wouldn't. He had placed wardings all around the property, some so strong one could feel the static 'buzz' of the magic holding in place. Ean looked around, his confidence in magic was strong, but strength and steel were ultimately where his trust lie, "You are sure these magics you placed will hold?"

Erebus looked over at Ean and smiled with confidence on his face, "Oh I assure you Ean, NOBODY will bother us, from the outside this place looks completely empty and abandoned, and anyone who attempts to approach will be compelled to leave before they ever get close to the house."

Ean looked at him with a furrowed brow. He knew they were working together, but Erebus still wielded very powerful magic, Druid magic, DARK magic to accomplish his goal of protecting the property. Ean looked around and with a final nod he walked to the back door, "I will get Aurora then."

He walked into the house and Aurora was finalizing her prayer. Beau lay at her side, almost in a trance himself. Eryn as well barely moved, the birds eyes closed, focusing with its charge. Ean waited, not wanting to disturb in any way. After a few minutes, Aurora opened her eyes, there was a glow about her that he had never seen, and to say the least he found it extremely attractive. He stayed in his place however, not wanting to do anything that might taint this delicate ceremony. As Aurora stood, picking up the bow and quiver she turned. He had never in his life seen anything so beautiful. Her traditional garb was breathtaking, covered in intricate beadwork and fine, hand stitching. To say the least she looked every bit the Native American warrior. He motioned and spoke, "The hut is ready to your specifications lass, Erebus assure me that nothing can or will disturb us."

She walked in front of him, Beau behind her, Eryn on Beau's back, and Ean following in the back of the procession. As they came out into the rain the smoke coming from the peat moss hut swirled and moved in the rain. A strange glow came over Aurora and the rain never hit her, almost gliding away from her as if making contact with wax. He followed her until they were near the hut, Erebus watched them the whole way, his eyes focused on Aurora. He too was captivated by the sheer beauty and comfortable position of who and what she was. Like Ean, he immediately saw that this was how she belonged, this is what made her. She was the offspring of Haiwatha to the letter. Erebus looked at the bow and quiver in her hands, he smiled, nodding as they came and stood before him.

Ean came around and stood next to Erebus, looking at the three before them, "The hut, as you requested... is there anything else you need form us?"

Sionn smiled and nodded at Kain, "Aye, none of us wish to be in the business of the houses, but we can no always choose where we are, only how we respond."

He smiled and looked back at Kimiko and Carla, then over to Dietrich who seemed to finally be settling into the flight, "Get some rest lad, we have a long flight, and I am afraid once we hit the ground we will be busy."

Sionn stood, patting Kain on the shoulder the way old friends do, and walked over to sit beside his sleeping sister. Removing a pillow he looked over at Lilly who was across the aisle, she seemed to be sleeping, though he couldn't tell for sure. He wanted to check on her, to see if she was alright, but on the chance she was actually asleep he didn't make contact. He watched her though, her soft, steady breathing, the tendrils of raven black hair that strayed across her pale white cheeks. He smiled at the beauty of her, for she truly was beautiful. He continued to watch over her until he himself fell asleep.

"Glasgow, thirty minutes out, prepare for descent and landing."

Sionn opened his eyes at the sound of the captains voice over the intercom. Most of the others were stirring, stowing all the things they had removed to entertain themselves during the flight. Not long after they were on the ground and unloading from the plane. The McGhee's had a private hanger, a covering form the rain. Several vehicles lined one far end, three private aircraft in the center. The plane they had arrived on was the smallest of the three, and by anyone who had taken notices count, it could have held 14 people comfortably. As Sionn and Torri waited for the group to gather Sionn looked at his sister, "Quite a trip we had eh sister? One can only wonder what will happen next."

Torri looked at him with her normal look of distain. She had grown to hate the conflict, he could see it in her eyes, yet she endured, and did so with full commitment. Sionn watched her as she lifted the bag which would have been far too heavy for the average female over her shoulder with ease and walk to the largest of the vans, "I will drive the gear Sionn, you take the crew."

Sionn smiled and nodded even though she wasn't even looking at him anymore, "Alright everyone... this way, gear in the white can, folk in the blue!"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 AuroraBanner

The day before Ean and Erebus had finished the 'sweat lodge' Aurora had eaten only pure foods and drank only the purest water from early that morning til noon. After that, she'd fasted, not eating nor drinking anything as she remained in her trance along with Beau and Eryn in the living room. The living room itself had been set up for her to do so, with windows open for the fresh air and to bring her as close to nature as she could get from the inside.

Now, twenty-four hours exactly had passed when Ean had come to collect her and her guides. She stood, her whole aura glowing and pulsing around her, even Beau and Eryn's auras were pulsing. Her dress was beautiful and made of the softest doeskin. Hiawatha's symbols decorated the soft material and across her eyes from temple to temple was a perfect two inch wide line of a red dye and lines on her cheeks as well. An intricate headband adorned her forehead and on her feet were matching moccasin boots. She almost glided across the floor and then the ground as she made her way to the hut, seeing it as well as the smaller hut where the hot stones were being kept as they were kept heated, sheltered from the rain.

Once she reached the hut, she turned to first Erebus, gliding to him and smiling at him. "Thank you for being a part of this, my friend. I am trusting you to help Ean keep me safe for the next 12 hours for tonight is the full moon and hence the dance." She leaned in and kissed his cheek then turned to Ean and motioned him to her as she went to stand before the entrance of the sweat lodge. Her dark eyes shone with love for him as pulled his face down to hers, cupping his cheeks with her small hands, "I love you so much, Ean MacGregor. Don't ever forget that. I am yours....now and always." With those words she kissed him with all the love she had for him, pushing her aura towards him as it pulsed with her love. She broke the kiss after about twenty seconds, looking up at him again. "It is noon now and in twelve hours I will exit the sweat lodge. Eryn will position herself at the top of the lodge and Beau will be at the entrance. I need you and Erebus to keep switching out the stones and pouring water on them to keep the steam coming. I will make sure that the sage is kept burning inside." She then turned to Erebus, having him come over as well then, "Once I am done in the sweat lodge and I leave I will be weakened from the fasting and then the cleansing of the sweat but I still have the dance to do. I will be at my weakest when I emerge from the hut." Her meaning was clear......that would be the perfect time for someone to attack them. "While I am inside the hut, I will also need a small bonfire started." She grinned when Ean's eyes grew frantic as he looked around at the wetness from the still falling rain. She smiled at him and Erebus both. "Trust me when I say that Mother Nature will provide for I am her child and this is too important. A lean to can be built if you wish, but trust me when I say that the rain will not touch the fire."

She smiled at them both, her aura still glowing and it would continue to glow until the ceremony was complete. She turned then, holding the bow, quiver and arrows and entered the lodge they'd built for her, lowering the water proof skin and tying it closed. On the opposite side of where she was sitting was a small hole, just big enough to slide in and out the mat that held the hot stones and then above that was another small hole to push the long handled large ladle through to pour water over the hot stones. Both openings had water proof skins covering them to let the least amount of steam escape during the process.

Over the next twelve hours, Ean and Erebus would hear beautiful chanting coming from the lodge while Beau sat like a statue at the entrance and Eryn did the same at the top of the hut. The smell of sage wafted throughout the air inside and outside the hut.

Inside the hut, Aurora sweated profusely yet her dress, headband and moccasins stayed dry. Not once over the next twelve hours did the chanting stop and yet somehow she knew exactly when twelve hours had passed and the chanting suddenly stopped. When she exited the hut she was swaying, weak from lack of food and water. The glow was still there and her face was shining with sweat yet the markings on her face, the dress, headband and moccasins were completely dry. She turned, swaying and almost falling to her knees, raising a hand to Ean when he lunged forward to help her. "You cannot, Ean. This has to be done solely be me." She carried the bow, quiver and arrows over to the fire that had been built, not one drop of rain hitting within a six foot diameter of the fire. She laid the bow, quiver and arrows at triangular points around the fire, readying herself for the final piece to the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10Lilly felt Sionn's on her a she lay as if asleep, but sleep was not going to come as easily for her. Instead she dozed off and on throughout the flight, pain waking her periodically and then her fear of heights and flying. When she was awake though, she took her turn to study Sionn sitting across from her and resisted the urge to reach over and gently push back a lock of red hair that had fallen across his forehead. He was handsome and kind and caring. And so easy to fall for that she once again felt as if she were lost when it came to him, but as usual she buried it deep within her, these feelings that were growing stronger day by day.

She woke again when it was announced to prepare to depart the plane as they landed in Glasgow. She once again gripped the arms of the seat until her knuckles were white as they touched down, not letting up until the plane had fully stopped. She slowly got to her feet, closing her eyes to the sharp pain through the small of her back, noticing that while it still felt as if hot daggers were being run through her, it wasn't as bad now as it had been. It was after she stood up that she looked down once more at her tattered clothing and closed her eyes again. It galled her to no end to know that she would have to ask for a loan to obtain clothing and newly made blades.

Upon hearing that Torri would take the gear and Sionn the crew, she nodded to them both, letting them know that she'd heard them. Holding the silk pillow, she slowly walked down the aisle to the exit door and to the steps to leave the plane, breathing in the smell of Scotland, so close to that of her Ireland. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Erebus and Ean did as Aurora had asked, keeping the stones hot and allowing the steam to fill the hut. Erebus stayed back, letting Ean do the majority of that work while he paced constantly, watching the landscape for any signs of trouble or suspicious activity, but to his surprise, nothing happened.

The hours went by and finally Aurora emerged, she was clearly weakened and tired from the ceremony, but both men, Ean especially, remained aside not wishing to complicate or disrupt anything she needed to do. As Aurora made her way beside the fire that he had built for her, he smiled, watching her from behind as she knelt and began to prepare herself for the final stage of the ceremony. No sooner than her knees hitting the ground, two bolts of lightening struck the top of the Ben about half a kilometer from where they were, two black figures appearing where the strikes occurred. Ean drew up to move and Erebus put up his hand, "NO EAN! It is what they want!"

He turned to face Ean, looking at him, then Aurora, then back to Ean, "I will handle them, you stay, protect her, you are the last line of defense. I can handle my brother and niece, there are tricks even they don't know I can perform."

His face was serious, and Ean had never seen such a deadly look in anyones eyes. Erebus was clearly a man on a mission, and Ean felt himself trusting the man's words. Erebus threw a small, jet black stone, about the size of a marble towards Ean. Ean caught it and Erebus spoke, "If they kill me throw that stone into the fire, it will create an impenetrable shield that will last for approximately one hour. I do not know how long remains in this ceremony, but hopefully it will buy you the time you need."

With that he whipped around and began to run. His steps were swift, like wind, and he moved faster than naturally possible, simultaneously Arawela and Algenon began running towards him as well, and Ean's eyes went wide as the space between them closed rapidly. Explosions of dark shadow and green light erupted form Erebus, the ground exploded beneath him and he went flying, but righted himself in the air and another burst of hissing green energy exploded form his hands, barely missing one of the dark figures. Ean watched, his fingers flicking on his sword, he wanted so desperately to go assist but knew his responsibility laid with Aurora.

He continued to watch, both sides clashing in explosions of shadow or sickly green or purple light, one shot erupted form Erebus' hands and Arawela went flying into the peat, sliding to a halt and laying lifeless on the moist earth. A scream could be heard and Algenon launched himself at Erebus, the two colliding in mid air, explosions of shadow and light sent mud, vegetation and ozone in all directions. The rain obscured the scene as it began to fall harder and Ean inhaled deeply as he restrained to go, he turned and watched as Aurora danced, and was captivated by the motions of her body, he wished so desperately that he could keep his eyes on her and her alone, but he kept flicking back and forth, he needed to know if Algenon would make it through Erebus and back to them. He tightened his hand on the small black stone, staring into the rain, flashes of light were all he could see now, and two black figures wrestling in the air.

Suddenly the third arose, it was Arawela, he could tell that she was in a dress even from this distance and with the limited visibility. She was moving to flank, her arms came up, she was going to strike Erebus while he was distracted. Ean inhaled deeply, preparing to throw the stone into the fire when suddenly a flash of blue light erupted from the sky, striking Arawela and tossing her to the ground. A high pitched screech erupted across the valley and Whipsy ascended back into the sky, Lexy's spirit animal was assisting Erebus, and had saved him form certain death.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Aurora heard the commotion but paid it no heed, relying on Erebus and Ean to keep her safe. She couldn't afford for even one second to have her attention elsewhere, as her meditation had to be solely focused on the final phase of the ceremony. The bow, quiver and arrows had been placed in their proper spots around the bonfire. She raised her hands to the sky, chanting the Mohican words of thanks to the Great Spirit and then began to sway. At first, there was no music and then, as if by magick, drumming began to be heard. Her ancestors were supplying the sacred drum music for this final stage of binding the sacred bearer to the sacred bow. Her movements were fluid, the dance beautiful as her body swayed and turned. She would almost fall to the ground in front of first the bow, touching it with her hand, then she would flow, sway and twirl until she reached the quiver and would do the same only to repeat it until she reached the bundle of arrows. With each object, one would see a beautiful bluish/green light lead from her hand to the object, connecting them for a brief second. Once she finished with the arrows, she stood up chanting as she danced. Beams of light appeared from all three artifacts, shooting up to connect above the fire, forming a perfect triangle. As the 'triangle' pulsed with the power of her ancestors, all the way back to Hiawatha and beyond she lowered her hands, staring into the fire that was now the same color as the beams of light. She slowly walked towards the bluish/green fire, entering it much to Ean's surprise. Once inside the fire, her long, dark hair whipped around her, the bow, quiver and arrows rising from where they'd lain and then they too entered the fire to form a triangle around her, moving in a circular motion around her, beams of the same color of light coming from the artifacts and connecting with her body as she still chanted, the drumming becoming more erratic and loud as others chanting along with her could now be heard. Suddenly, there was a bright, bluish/green light that exploded out and then back in to her and the fire was gone, nothing left of it as if it were never even there. She stood there, holding the bow, the arrows now in the quiver which was hanging on her back. She was glowing, even her eyes were glowing and she looked even more ethereal than she ever had before.

She stepped out of where the fire had been and walked towards Ean, looking up where the battle was going on between Erebus and his brother and niece. She looked up at Ean, her love for him still shining in her dark eyes. Slowly, she turned her head back to the battle, drawing an arrow from the quiver and whispering something to the arrow in her native language. She notched it, pulling back the drawstring and pointed it at Arawela where she was rising from the blow Whispy had sent to her. Letting the arrow loose, she watched as it flew straight for her. She'd aimed for her shoulder, notching another arrow to do the same, knowing that if she incapacitated Arawela's arms she would hinder her spell casting to a point. But she also wanted to get something across to Arawela. When the woman would see the arrows, she would see the marks in it, marks in Mohican, marks that only formed when Aurora would whisper to the arrow what was to be done. It was to let Arawela know that the ceremony was complete........the bow and her were now as one.

Beau stood beside her while Eryn perched on her shoulder. All three of them glowed with the bluish/green light when Aurora whispered to Eryn, "Go, my friend.........help Whispy help Erebus." As Eryn took off from her shoulder, Aurora suddenly swayed, leaning onto Ean. Even though the ceremony was complete and she was not bonded as one with the bow and quiver with arrows she was still weakened. She couldn't see through the rain, but she wondered if it had worked. Had the two arrows hit their marks in Arawela's shoulders?
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich climbed from the plane slowly as he rolled his stiff shoulders even with his axe back on his back he never found flights comfortable even first class as they moved quickly off the strip he took note of the planes but thought little of it shamefully his family were more into helicopters it seemed as they usually didn't venture far and didn't mind public transport. Then they said something ridiculous gear? Gear! none of them really had any after being beaten round the bush hotels sunk and shamefully his own love for his axe meant he wouldn't part with it who knew what could happen on the road.

He noted the tension between the Fara though he could not blame her conflict was painful as they designated vans and Dietrich slid into the back almost bumping his head on the roof he swore one of these days he would and it wouldn't be softly either as he sat down closing his eyes as he frowned opening them... thier was very little rain dropping considering how sodden the airfield was though it looked as though something had passed.... "Someones controlling the weather?" An absent minded thought as he waited for the van to depart.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 AlgernonBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 ArawelaBanner

Arawela felt the moist mud against her face for the second time, she ground her teeth as she watched the spirit animal ascend back into the thick, low hanging clouds. Her eyes squinted as the rain beat on her face and she looked over where her father and uncle were battling. She stood and turned as she felt the pull of magic, ancient magic, and saw the first, then second arrows coming at her. She smiled as she easily side stepped the first arrow, and then the second, but dared not touch them as she did not know how the magic would affect her.

She screamed to her father, "The bow is active, and the bitch is firing at us!"

Algernon barely heard, his eyes locked on his brother, "You should never have broken with me Erebus! To dare love's invitation, that was a stupid move, it will only get you hurt in the end!"

Erebus grit his teeth as he pushed back the wave of energy that exploded from Algernon's hands. He felt his heels digging into the moist ground and he looked sharply at his brother, "You are the only fool here brother, you and your daughter!" Algernon seemed to simply push, his hands moving ever so slightly forward, and Erebus went flying like a rag doll as the wave of magic that erupted forward slammed into him. Thick, dark smoke covered Erebus' body and he lay lifeless. Arawela walked up beside him and the two of them looked over across the great distance to Ean and Aurora. Algernon turned his head and looked at the two arrows which were stuck in the moist peat moss and hissed magical words, waving his hand. A dark, shadowy orb surrounded one of the arrows and disappeared form sight. He smiled viciously at Ean and the two of them disappeared in a cloud of sickly green light.

Ean grit his teeth and he and Aurora started running towards Erebus, his lifeless body not moving.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 am

Aurora stood and watched as Arawela very calmly side stepped both arrows.  What was she doing wrong?  They should have hit their target she'd given to them in the spell she'd put on them.  Now that the ceremony was complete, she knew all the spells she needed to activate the various arrows in the quiver that would never be empty.  But the bow was the main power and that's when she realized her mistake.  The bow had to be told where the arrows were to go and upon doing so the bow itself would empower the arrows to hit their mark. Even though the marks appeared onto the arrows she'd shot at Arawela, without telling the bow what the arrows needed to do, those marks that appeared on the arrows meant nothing, only that they would shoot straight and true, but no true magick was imbeddd into them without the proper words to the bow as well.  She mentally kicked herself, swaying a bit from the exhaustion of the three day ceremony but she wasn't going to quit yet.  That was when she saw Erebus go flying like a rag doll.  She didn't have any time to notch another arrow and let it fly when Arawela and Algernon, smiling viciously at her love, disappeared in a black, oily cloud, one of the arrows disappearing with them.  Upon them disappearing she, Ean, Beau and Eryn ran and flew to Erebus' side.

She knelt down next to her friend of the heart and laid a small, dainty hand onto his cheek, looking up at Ean.  "We must get him to the house, Ean.  And quickly.  We have left the protection he laid for us during the ceremony.  He is still alive, barely but we MUST get him back!"

She stood, an arrow notched within the bow as she whispered words to the bow, telling it to strike any evil being until they were back into the protective barrier Erebus had made.  She looked at Ean, love shining in her dark eyes as he gently picked up the druid and carried him back to the house.  She stayed behind with Beau and Eryn, making sure that they were protected until they reached the barrier.  Once inside the house, Erebus laid gently onto the couch, she knelt down again, looking him over, unsure as to what his injuries were.  

"I wish Lexy or Lizzy were here, Ean.  I don't know what to do for him", she said as she turned grief stricken eyes up to him.  She stood then, laying the precious bow and quiver of arrows onto the coffee table and stepped into Ean's strong arms, sighing as they engulfed her.  "I still have much to learn about the bow and the arrows and how they work.  I bespelled the wrong things when I bespelled the arrows before shooting them at that bitch", she said with a viciousness that was unlike her.  "I have to speak to the bow and the bow will guide the arrows.  If I'd remembered that I might have been able to keep this from happening to Erebus."  When she turned her darkened eyes up to Ean's blue ones, they were shining with tears and exhaustion.  "Thank you, Ean.  For accepting Erebus and working with him to see to it that the ceremony was completed.  I love you so much and then you go and do something like this and make me love you even more."  She then pulled his lips to hers for a soft, loving kiss gently touching his cheek with her small, golden brown hand before turning back to Erebus who still lay upon the couch.  

Beau came up to them both, nudging Erebus' cheek with his cold, wet nose then licking his cheek, whining as if telling him to wake up.   Aurora rose and still in her ceremonial dress, still amazingly enough clean and dry, she went to the kitchen to fill a bowl with cool water and grabbed a soft rag.  She came back into the living room and laid the bowl and rag down onto the coffee table next to the bow and quiver of arrows.  She soaked the rag with the cool water, wringing it out before gently wiping the mud and muck from Erebus' face.

"Will he wake up, Ean?", she asked as she looked over her slim shoulder at her love.  "I don't know what to do.....what do I do for him?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 am

Ean smiled as much as he could, despite the circumstances. He was so unsure of the affects of Druidic magic on a person that he looked at Aurora with a blank stare, "I do not know love, I have ne'er been this close to Druid magic, without it being cast against me."

He watched as Aurora left to the kitchen and he sheathed his blade, unstrapping it from his waist and setting it beside Aurora's bow. He looked down at Erebus' lifeless body and watched the man barely breathing. He furrowed his brow slightly as he stared at him, a Druid, in his sisters home... even a few days ago he would have never thought this possible, at least not without fighting going on in the process.

As Aurora returned he stepped aside so she could kneel down and rub the cloth on Erebus' head. He inhaled deeply and not knowing what else to say blurted the only thing he could remember Lexy saying in these situations, "I'll go put some tea on."

He walked to the kitchen and looked at the window when he saw movement, Whipsy was staring at him from her little perch. He smiled and walked over, unlatching the pane and swinging it open. The Spirit Falcon stepped in and chortled softly, brushing her head against his hand as he reached up to her, "I would have expected you to go with Lex, she could use you right now."

Suddenly a voice filled his head, it took him by surprise, it was rare for Whipsy to speak to anyone but Lexy, ~ "I knew that you and Aurora would need me more... though I am assigned to Lexy, we are family Ean McGregor." ~

Ean smiled and spoke softly, "Aye, that we are little one."

He put on tea and brought it out to the living room, Whispy perched on his shoulder. She hopped off and onto a large wooden perch Ean had made for her years ago and settled squat to rest. Ean set the tray down and looked over at Aurora.

Erebus' eyes flicked under his lids every now and again, not the same as r.e.m. sleep, but similar in appearance. His face twitched every so often as well, clearly there were pictures or events running through his mind, and he was playing them out in the sub-conscience as the conscience world continued to revolve around him. After about thirty minutes he finally moved his head and opened his left eye a crack, looking over at Aurora, "Wha... what happened?"

Ean set his cup down and stood, then knelt beside Aurora. As Aurora explained the outcome Erebus frowned slightly and nodded, "They have taken the arrow to study it, all magic users seek to know more of the world, their friends and their foes abilities... you can't fight what you don't understand."

He looked at Ean and deeply crossed his eyebrows in concern, "It is not good... they will find any weakness, they always do."

He looked back at Aurora and smiled softly, "Congratulations on finishing the ceremony, truly you are equal among your ancestors now."

Sionn looked over at Dietrich as he made his comment. He smiled and nodded, "Aye, the great Atlantic controls the weather... and she always sees it fit to weep on Scotland in memory of our kin who have sacrificed so much."

Dietrich looked at him with a puzzled expression and Sionn laughed softly, "I am just ribbing ya lad... it always rains here." His face became slightly more serious, "But I know what you are asking, and aye, the Druids have figured out how to control the weather, they do it in destructive ways however. It happens every so often, the knowledge gets lost and then rediscovered, some daft, mad druid discovers it and seeks to destroy all they can as they learn to do it." He sighed heavily and looked at the massive Norseman, "Every few generations gets to experience their madness, and fight it... I guess we're the lucky ones."

The drive was short, the rain continued, and the large castle came into view as the brother and sister pulled the vehicles up and into the covered driveway. Two red headed figured emerged from the massive, heavy oak doors. The lady looked every bit Torri's mother, the facial details the two of them shared was astonishing. The father resembled Sionn slightly, but not nearly as obvious as the mother and daughter. Both were dressed in casual, comfortable clothing, Mrs. McGhee shouldering a heavy wool shawl over her shoulders. As the two watched the ragged group begin to unload Annette spoke, "Welcome to all of you, we have rooms ready, dry beds and hot food."

She smiled and looked at Kain, "Master Punkie, it is great to have you with us." She smiled warmly to the young blonde woman and then turned to Dietrich, "And it is good to have you with us as well Norseman, it has been ages since we have had one of your lineage in our halls, welcome." Finally she turned to Kimiko and her eyes went sad, "I am sorry for your loss Kimiko, though we have not interacted much over the years, know that I grieve with you."

Kimiko smiled softly and nodded, "Thank you Mistress, I appreciate your kind words."

Finally Annette turned to Lilly and smiled, "And you lass, it has been ages, you were knee high to a red fox last time I saw you." She walked up and hugged Lilly in a motherly way and then stepped back, "Please, all, come inside and out of this chill... the tea is hot and waiting."

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Aurora smiled at Erebus then looked over at Ean and smiled at him, "Only one problem with them studying the arrow, Erebus.  The magick isn't in the arrow........it's in the bow.  It's still somewhat muddled in my head, but slowly it is straightening out.  The magick is and always has been in with the bow.  The bow is what turns the arrows magickal but not until I speak the words to the bow itself before notching the arrow.  The quiver is also magickal as it makes sure that there are always arrows.  There are never less then five arrows in the quiver at all times.  The arrows themselves are not magickal.  The only carry the magick that the bow gives to them once I have given the bow the instructions.  And thank you for making sure we were safe for the total ceremony."

She was pleased with herself for figuring out that much, helping Erebus sit up on the couch.  She'd cleaned his face but the rest of him was covered in mud and muck.  "Why don't you go upstairs and take a hot shower and clean up.  You brought changes of clothes with you and before the ceremony I made sure that what needed to be washed was clean and dried and put away.  We can talk more once you come back down."

She watched at Erebus made his way up the stairs while she went to gather some things to clean the couch with, still in her ceremonial dress.  As she came back into the living room, she began the task of brushing off what she could then set down with a bucket and a scrub brush to clean the rest.  Once she started, she realized that she'd forgotten a towel to help wipe up what may splash to the floor and stood up only to sway violently, her dark eyes going to Ean's.  They were unfocused as she took a step towards him then collapsed.  

It was nothing more than dehydration and lack of food for almost eighteen hours now along with the total exhaustion of being up for that long as well.  She'd only sipped at her tea and only nibbled on the sandwiches Ean had made for them while they'd waited for Erebus to wake.  Beau gave a whine as Ean caught her and she looked up into his eyes.

"I think I need to eat a little more, Ean", she said with a soft chuckle.  "I've never gone that long without eating and drinking before."

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10
Lilly stood felt very out of place.  She barely remembered anything of Scotland, having only been there up until she was six years old.  She chuckled at Dietrich, folding himself into the van and then folding himself out of it again.   She looked up and saw the castle and her odd colored eyes widened.  She watched the older man and woman approach them and saw the similarities between them and Sionn and Torri.  She studied them, a memory nagging at the back of her brain of the elderly woman scolding Sionn for something he'd done in teasing her when she was a child before her parents were killed.  But when she hugged her in a motherly way, Lilly couldn't stop the tears from forming in her eyes as their color turned to a deep green.  It had been so long since she'd been hugged in a motherly fashion that she'd almost forgotten what it was like and it was a few seconds before her own slender arms came up to wrap around her waist as she buried her face into the older woman's neck before the hug was broken.  She quickly wiped at her eyes, hoping none saw the tears.  She was going to lag behind, bring up the rear but Annette looped her arm through Lilly's slender one and gave her a motherly smile, leading her into the castle.  She turned to look at Sionn over her shoulder, her look like that of a doe caught in the headlights and a stray tear trailing down her cheek at the buried emotions rising to the surface.  With Annette's hug a mirade of memories were coming to the surface and it was overwhelming for her.  She turned back to see Annette smiling at her, saying something about getting her more comfortable clothing once she'd had a bath gotten cleaned up.  Lilly looked down at her torn shirt and muddy pants and knew she must look like a creature from some horror movie.

"Mrs. McGhee, I canna be thinking ye enough for taking us in this way.  A long soak for me back sounds like heaven.  I doona remember this castle though.  Me memories of ye and ye're family are coming back to me, but tis been so long.  In between visits, Ma and Da always spoke of ye and ye're family."

She stopped talking then as they entered the castle, her heart constricting when she mentioned her parents.  She'd thought she'd gotten over the pain of their death but being here, with her parents' closest friends was bringing back the mourning she'd never really had a chance to do.  After their death she'd been taken quickly to the orphanage and now that she thought about it, too quickly.  It was something that now bothered her.  Why was she taken from the hospital to the orphanage, being told of her parents' death on the way.  At six years old, she'd only known that they were gone and not coming back for her, but now she knew that they'd been murdered and she'd barely escaped.  But, wouldn't the McGhees have come for her. Then she remembered something Sionn had told her, that they'd all thought she'd died with her parents. Why would they think that when she was alive in the hospital? Who told them that she'd died as well when she hadn't?  It was something she would have to speak to Annette about.  She needed answers.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 am

The welcome to the McGhee’s grand abode was much more pleasant than the Scottish weather, that much was for certain. Particularly for Lilly, as it turned out, much to Kain and Carla’s surprise. Just when they thought they were starting to understand there was something else from the left field, it seemed. At least it was joyful.

“Can you believe this place?” Carla said to Kain as they eventually moved inside with the group.

“It’s quite something, but it’s to be expected from the home of a house.” Kain replied.

“So they’re all like nobles, huh?”

“Oh, no, no. Though I don’t know about the McGhee’s, I suppose they do own a castle, so they might be. But plenty of houses are simply rich and powerful without any titles that mean anything to the rest of the world.”

“Like your family?” Carla wondered.

“My family…? No, not my family.”

“Really? Why does everyone else keep calling you ‘Master Punkie’ then? Sounds important.”

“Hah! I suppose it does.” Kain had to agree, “I think it’s just a sign of respect for a member of the eldest race. I honestly don’t even know, but I certainly don’t hold any sway in the world of the races. Though I’m sure the McGhee’s have plenty of influence, given their resources.”

“Private planes, cars on every street corner and a castle…”

“And that’s probably just the beginning.”

“I thought presidents, oil sheiks and Zuckerberg were the ones with all the power in the world.”

“Shows you what you know.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10Lilly was in awe as she stepped into the castle. It was similar to other castles, with colored tapestries on the walls, beautiful woven rugs on the floor, sconces hanging on the walls only these were electrical an not candles, although there were plenty of candles in wall sconces as well. All in all, the castle was not cold like the ones she remembered visiting. This one was warm, filled with the love of a family. That made her stop, her heart aching at the thought of what she'd lost. She'd not truly thought about her parents for more years than she could remember but now a lot was coming back, mostly feelings. She looked over at Annette and saw the gentle smile of the woman who was best friends with her mother and like an auntie to her. It was as if Annette could tell the turmoil that was rolling around in Lilly's head. Her odd eyes were swirling with colors now, all of her emotions in an upheaval. It was as a swirling rainbow was trapped within her eyes. When she turned to Carla, the only true human with them, she saw the woman pale and take a step back. Lilly quickly turned back, not wanting to cause the woman anymore unease than she must already be going through. But before she turned completely back around her swirling eyes touched on Sionn as he walked next to his father.

Annette led Lilly to what would be her room with an attached bath. "Ye take all the time ye need, Lilly", she said as she gently pushed back a lock of Lilly's raven's wing black hair that had fallen. "Tis good to know that ye be alive and back where ya belong, lass. I will hae' clothes for ya to change into laying on yer bed. When you are done cleaning up, dress and join us in the kitchen. Twill be easy enough ta find." Then she turned, leaving Lilly to sort out her turmoil of emotions.

Lilly stood there for a moment then walked slowly to the large bathroom that was just as beautiful as the rest of the castle. She ran her bathwater, making it warm but not too warm to burn her still healing wounds. She noticed a variety of scented soaps, shampoos and conditioners laid out on the sink counter top. She picked out the amber and musk scent, one of her favorites and wondered how Annette had known that it was her favorite. It was a soft, Earthy scent with a touch of musk and fit her. She undressed, lowering her dirty, aching body into the warm water, wincing when the water touched her lower back. She soaked for just under a half an hour and then washed, washing her long, thick hair three times before she was satisfied. Next she washed her body, scrubbing until her skin was pink. She'd never felt so dirty in all of her life. She drained the tub, refilling it with clean water to wash one last time and make sure that any dirty water was not left on her. Stepping out, she dried off with a large, fluffy towel that engulfed her small body, wrapping it around her and stepping into the bedroom to see a gyspy skirt with a peasant's top laying on the bed. Pale rainbow colors made up the flowing skirt while the top was beautiful turquoise color, enhancing her pale skin, dark hair and odd eyes that were still swirling with emotions. She dressed quickly, not wanting to hold up any discussions in case they were waiting for her. She didn't see any shoes she went barefoot, looking over at her muddy, all but ruined boots. Finding a brush, she brushed out her long hair until it shone once again. She carried the silk pillow for her back and headed to the kitchen, hearing voices coming from a room just off the kitchen. She entered the small eating room, swallowing nervously as she saw everyone sitting around the table, cleaned up and filling their plates. Her eyes found Sionn and quickly looked away. She had to keep reminding herself that they were only friends. Nothing more, nothing less. But she could dream.

Annette rose and guided her to the table, setting her across from Sionn. For the first time in a long time, Lilly the Deadliest Flower on Earth was nervous. If the O'Neil brothers could see their famous flower now they would be rolling on the laughing at her obvious nervousness.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 AnnetteBanner

Annette looked out across the large table at the guests, each was eating and chatting with one another in their unique way, and she could not help but smile. She watched Carla, Sionn had given her the short version of the long story, the girls hysterical behavior, but rapidly changing demeanor to more calm and accepting of her circumstances. She also looked at Kain, the sleek style of his dress, the smooth tone in his language, the wisdom and calm that came with every word as he occasionally leaned over to Carla to explain one thing or another to her.

She looked at Kimiko, calm and reserved, she looked like a true Grey. The Wizard was eating her food slowly and deliberately, each bite as if it might be her last, but also her first. Kimiko didn’t say a word to anyone, she simply watched and observed, again, another trait of a true Grey.

Her eyes drifted to the Norseman, his brute strength apparent in every mannerism he displayed. He laughed with Torri, joked with Sionn, even tried to engage Kimiko in conversation.

Finally she rested her eyes on her own children. Sionn was … well, Sionn. He was engaging any within earshot, exchanging words and smiled. Torri however, was as covered in shadow as ever. It seemed that with every battle she engaged in her mood darkened. She inhaled softly and slowly, marking a reminder in her mind to talk with her daughter later and calm her young nerves.

She looked up as Lilly walked timidly into the room. She immediately stood and walked over to her, smiling in a motherly way and bringing her to a seat at the table after confirming that she felt better after the long bath. As she patted Lilly on the shoulder and went back to her place, Lilly wouldn’t be able to miss that she had been set beside Torri, with the family, not towards the other end of the table with the guests. As Lilly made the connection and looked at Annette, the Matriarch simply smiled and nodded ever so softly as she tipped her glass of wine towards her.

Sionn leaned over and smiled as he spoke to Lilly, “Have a good soak?”

Lilly turned in surprise and he smiled, “Your soak, upstairs, was it comforting?”

As Lilly smiled and blushed Sionn winked and leaned back with a look of playful satisfaction on his face. Annette looked at Sionn and spoke, “Lad.” He looked at her and she spoke, “Leave the lass alone, none of your nonsense aye?”

Sionn huffed softly but respectfully and spoke, “Aye mum.”

As the time Kimiko finally leaned forward and looked at Kain, “Master Kain, I would like to have some time later, privately with you to discuss the matters in Japan.” She looked at Carla and spoke, “I assure you friend, it is purely for information gathering, I mean you no disrespect and I give you my word that I will honor your relationship with Kain.”

She turned and looked back at Kain and awaited his answer.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10Lilly blushed at Sionn's question, not really knowing why she was blushing but then she heard Annette's words to Sionn and concentrated on her food. In her gypsy skirt and blouse, she actually felt more feminine than she'd ever felt, never having really worn skirts and blouses except in the orphanage.  She was also trying to accept that Annette had placed in with her own children.  She knew what that meant....she was a part of the family and not a guest.  It was all overwhelming her suddenly and she found it hard to breathe.  She gripped the edge of the table, closing her eyes as she tried to be as inconspicuous as possible in her panic attack.  The last time she'd had anything like this was when she'd been taken to the orphanage after she'd been released from the hospital and told very coldly that her parents were dead.  All the nuns did was take her to her bed and lay her down.  Her eyes had been swirling then and they didn't want to be around her.   She took in deep, quiet breaths as she sat there, calming herself as best she could.  She wasn't alone any longer......she kept telling herself over and over inside of her head.

Once she regained her composure after a few long moments, she looked up to see Sionn looking at her and also felt Torri's hand fold over hers that was gripping the edge of the table, offering her support. Taking another deep breath, she looked over at Annette who just smiled in her gentle, motherly way at her. She smiled back at Annette, then at Torri but kept her gaze averted from Sionn. She started eating again, quietly listening to the others before she leaned over to Annette to talk to her.

"Mrs. McGhee, I be needed to find someone who be good at making throwing blades. I lost the majority of me own when the city was lost." She then looked down, ashamed to be asking for help in paying for them. "I would also ask if I could get a loan from ye and yer husband to pay for them and perhaps some clothing as I lost what I had in me clothing as well." She looked up then quickly, "I be willing to do whatever it is ye need me to be doing to pay back anything I owe ye for this."

She was mentally kicking and berating herself for being so nervous, but it was an odd feeling being a part of a family again. The last thing she wanted to do was disappoint Annette or her husband. And especially Sionn, but she kept that to herself.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

The McGhee’s seemed to have everything in order for the gang’s arrival; rooms, a chance at a real shower and diligent personnel ready to attend them and perhaps most importantly a big dinner being prepared. Kain had gotten so hungry he wasn’t sure even the representative of House Zeitlos could eat more than him.

Getting out of his filthy clothes and taking a nice, long, hot shower was his first priority. He hadn’t really given it much thought, but when he stepped out of the shower the clothes he had worn not half an hour ago had been washed, pressed and lying waiting on the oversized bed. The maid had been quick to take his dirty clothes before he headed for the shower, but he didn’t expect this kind of service. Then again, they probably didn’t have suitable alternatives lying around for him. He certainly felt more comfortable in his own clothes than have to make do with a pair of trousers and a t-shirt meant for an eight year old, but it just felt a little bit too much.

After getting dressed in his suddenly spotless clothes he explored his room for a bit, the combination of the old stone with heavy wooden furniture sold the image of the medieval fortress, but the insulated windows and a somewhat concealed flatscreen on the wall showed the place was very much up to date. He considered looking in every nook and cranny, but with the hour growing later and later he figured he should see how Carla was coming along. Once the time came he didn’t want to keep their hosts waiting.

They had seen fit to put her right next to his room, so it didn’t take him long before he stood knocking before her door.

“It’s open.” He could hear her saying and so Kain entered her room.

Carla had made herself comfortable on the large bed, she had traded in Kimiko’s kimono for a more contemporary dress. She had the TV turned on –softly bleeding some poppy music tunes– while her attention was fixated on a tablet.

“I see you’ve made yourself at home.” Kain noted with a subtle tone of disapproval.

“Yeah, totally.” Carla responded, though clearly preoccupied.

“Busy catching up with things to like on facebook?” He inquired with even greater disapproval.

“What? Oh, no, no. Though you wouldn’t believe the amount of messages I’ve been bombarded with, but I decided to just share that I was perfectly alright and left it at that. I’m reading up on the latest news about the disaster.” She replied.

“You could be watching the news on the television.” Kain thought.

“Ugh, Fox News was interviewing some ‘expert’ who was convinced it was caused by aliens.” She said and shook her head, “I needed to have something a little lighter in the background.”

Kain looked over to the TV. The scantily clad women ‘dancing’ frantically to some highly electronic beat didn’t give off a relaxing vibe to him, but perhaps his age was showing a bit.

“Learned anything?”

Carla shrugged; “They’re still finding survivors floating in the sea, but other than that they’re grasping at straws. Considering I’m actually surrounded by experts on these matters I’ve pretty much been wasting my time, I guess.” She said and sighed, throwing the tablet besides her.

“No, no, it’s good of you to keep track of these things.” Kain tried to keep her from feeling all too useless, “The others are dealing with a very different world right now and probably won’t pay much attention to what the ordinary majority is thinking.”

“I’ll be sure to bring the alien theory to everyone’s attention immediately!” Carla mocked.

Though their laughter was cut short by the call for dinner.

“Seems you’re about to get your chance!” Kain joked as he kept the door open for Carla.

“I think I’ll pass. I don’t want to get kicked onto the curb before dinner.”

“Perhaps another time then.” Kain said and chuckled.

Soon they sat at the dinner table and casual conversation commenced in between bites of delicious food. Though Kain started out strong, eyeing the Norseman’s portions and matching them, he was soon looking up against a large pile of food which he feared he could not clear any time soon. But just as he was doing his darnest with a large piece of veal Kimiko addressed him. Kain nearly choked when she said the word ‘relationship’.

Suddenly many an eye was turned to him, all the while he was trying to gracefully stop choking and empty his mouth.

“Of course, Kimiko.” He eventually said. He cleared his throat and noticed Carla staring at him rather intently, “If there’s anything I can do to be of assistance, I’ll do my best.”

“Relationship!?” Carla whispered just loud enough for Kain to hear.

Kain raised his shoulders, “She’s just being correct, I guess.”

Carla looked him up and down and quirked a brow, “What have you been telling people?”

“Nothing but the truth.” Kain said and continued eating in the hopes that would end the conversation.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 LQUnhE
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 AnnetteBanner

Annette looked over at Lilly as she spoke and smiled warmly. She was about to answer when Sionn interrupted, “Mum, I already made arrangements with Winston Felbrecht, I had mentioned to Lilly that we knew someone who could make her new blades but perhaps the plane ride and shower washed the memory away.” He suddenly yelped and leapt back as Torri’s foot collided precisely with his shin. She tilted her head as he looked about to say something, daring him to challenge her. Annette glanced at Torri, though not disapprovingly, and spoke, “Not at the dinner table Torri.”

Torri simply nodded and squeezed Lilly’s hand under the table, though no words were said the communication was clear, she had gotten one over on her older brother. Annette looked from Sionn to Lilly and smiled again as she spoke softly so only Lilly could hear, “Lass, there is no need to worry about any of that, all you need is ours to take care of now, you just enjoy your dinner aye.”

She leaned back and spoke, “If Sionn has made the arrangements then he can take you to Winston to see about what you need.”

She looked at Sionn and smiled, “Thank you son, for seeing to it.”

Sionn huffed comically and nodded, “Aye mum.”

Sionn pushed another piece of roasted beef into his mouth and looked over at Lilly. When she finally made eye contact with him again he spoke, “Tomorrow in the morning we will go see ol’ Winny, no a finer steel worker in all of Scotland, or possibly the world.”

Kimiko could not help but note the reaction Carla had, and how she and Kane conversed after. Though she had no idea what they said, she could see that she was incorrect in her assessment, and this bothered her. She prided herself on piecing things together, but clearly she had made a mistake this time… or had she. She sighed softly as she put another bite of cheese toast in her mouth and chewed slowly. She remained quiet for the rest of the meal.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 ErichBanner

As the meal wound down Erich stood and looked at the guests, “See’n that many of us are finding the bottoms of our cups, gentlemen, let’s to the lounge for refills aye!”

Erich gathered Kane, Dietrich, and Sionn and they four men disappeared down the hall. Annette smiled warmly and spoke, “Well, I have ne’er been a woman who didn’t pass on good drink, let’s to some more wine aye?”

She smiled and stood, looking at Carla in particular, “You are more than welcome to join us lass, I don’t know how many questions you have, or what you might be wondering, but I can help you figure some of this out if you like, just ask.”

Annette’s smile and mannerisms were as smooth as silk, and she was as genuine in her kindness and warmth as anyone ever could be. She was mother, leader, and friend. She was as neutral as Kimiko, but it didn’t seem to show so openly, and it was obvious that having people in her home brought her great joy, “Come ladies, I have a very comfortable sitting room we can relax in, and I already have wine waiting for us there.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 The_li10Lilly chuckled when Torri kicked Sionn under the table, having cast him a glaring look at his comment about her memory being washed away. But it was when Annette spoke to her about being taking care of....making it clear that she was now a member of the McGhee family. It brought tears to her eyes as she looked at Annette, her eyes churning in colors as she struggled with her emotions. She quickly looked away, but not before a tear slid down her cheek and she felt Torri squeeze her hand again, knowing that she'd found a true friend in the tough girl sitting beside her. She barely remembered Torri from when she'd been little, but she did remember that even then Torri had been tough. Sionn then mentioned taking her in the morning she nodded then looked over at Annette, "I have nothing to wear, Mrs. McGhee.....", but before she could finish Annette laid her hand over her own, smiling at her. "Sionn can take care of that as well.....once your blades are seen to then he can take you shopping to replace that which was lost to you." Lilly couldn't stop the chuckle, nor could Torri at Sionn's groan.

When they all stood up then, Erich taking the men and Annette taking the girls she stepped up to Annette after she'd spoken to Carla and hugged her. It was rather awkward as Lilly wasn't used to physical contact, not since the nuns had taken her in. They didn't want to touch her. But she hugged Annette and she hugged her lovingly.

"Thank ye, Mrs. McGhee. For taking me in.....for reminding me about what I be forgettin' these past years. Family."

When she stepped back, her eyes were bright with tears and she quickly wiped them away. "Sorry...I am usually stronger than this." She stepped back to stand next to Torri and saw that Carla was looking at her eyes again. Sighing, she decided then that it was time to talk to the girl.

"Please, Carla, accept me apology for being so......abrupt and rude to ye back at the battle. And please, doona be afraid of me eyes.....they be just eyes. Just a little different."

She tried to give the young girl a friendly smile and hoped she'd succeeded. It was the first time she'd really tried to ease someone's mind over her odd eyes and she wasn't sure if she'd a good job about it or not. Instead of waiting around to find out, she turned to go stand by Torri, finding herself looking down at her skirt and blouse, wondering if Sionn had noticed what she wore only to mentally scold herself, once more reminding herself that they were friends. Just friends and she didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that. She knew what she was feeling for him was getting stronger, but she valued their friendship too much to tell him. Besides, she had absolutely no experience with men. Her shy kiss few words back at Hibiki's before he'd been killed had been a one time burst of courage. Soon, though, she would have her blades again and begin practicing. If nothing else, practicing her throwing would help her relax. She followed Annette and the other girls to another room, turning down the glass of wine and instead finding some ginger ale, fixing herself a small glass with ice.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 AuroraBanner Aurora was sitting on the couch, Ean next to her, making sure that she ate this time and drank the large glass of water he'd brought her. Erebus had yet to come down from his bath. She finally finished her third sandwich and drank the last of the water, leaning up against his large frame as she sighed.

"I still have so much to learn and figure out, Ean. Since the ceremony, it's as if a door has opened in my mind and so many things are flooding through. The bow, it's like it speaks to me."

She knew she was different now......still the same innocence, but now she was more. She could feel it, feel the bow humming now. She looked down at Beau who lay at her feet, his wise, amber eyes looking up at her. Eryn was with Whispy on their perches just in the corner of the living room, both looking at her as well. When she tilted her head to look up at Ean, she raised herself enough to kiss him softly.

"I am so tired, Ean. I haven't even changed yet and still my dress is spotless", she said with a grin. She settled back into the crook of his arm, her head on his chest. "What happens now, Ean?
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 LQUnhE

Once dinner wound down and Erich gathered the men Carla initially trailed Kain until it became obvious she was not expected to follow. Kain looked back at her for a moment apologetically, but Carla gave a nod of understanding. She felt most comfortable having Kain nearby, but if there was anything she knew it was etiquette and it would be incredibly rude for him to refuse Erich because of her. And so the men disappeared while Annette addressed the remaining ladies.

Carla felt a rising tension within her being left with just Lilly, Kimiko, Torri and Annette. The women she had gotten to know a little bit better were not exactly the warmest creatures on the planet, but the hostess continued to be a source of warmth and the tension melted noticeably as she spoke.

Annette might have turned to Carla in particular, but her offer had done more than ease Carla, it had brought Lilly to spontaneously hug Annette. Clearly recent events had been rough on all of them and finding a safe haven gave everyone a much needed reprieve. Lilly most of all, and though her eyes continued to make it impossible for Carla to look at her, she at least had ceased hostilities towards her.

“It…. Was rough on all of us…” Carla replied to Lilly’s apology while her gaze drifted awkwardly between the girl’s nose and mouth. Though not directly willing to take any of the blame herself, she realized she had been difficult as well.

“So I think we’ve all deserved some more wine.” She said turning to Annette with a small smile and followed her towards the sitting room. “I’m not sure how much more I can learn about all this stuff before my brain bursts, but there are always more questions.”

Though as she said that she started to ponder what exactly she wanted to know next, especially because Annette was probably the best source of information yet. She considered it all throughout their short walk to the sitting room and until she had taken a sip from the wine Annette handed her.

“You know…” She eventually started, “I may not understand these powers or how you can look like me but consider yourself from different races. But I’ve at least gotten some clues to that by now, what I don’t understand is the why. Why the fighting? This has been going on for a long time, right? Why is this still happening? Is it just me or is all of this just… Insane!?”

Carla started out calm, but ended up with half a rant. She had been good at going with the flow for a while, but trying to think about it too much just got her lost in an impossible mess that boggled the mind. Why? Why? Why!?

Kain was the last person to pass on a good drink, but it did pain him that he was abandoning Carla in the process. Though he supposed she had adapted reasonably well to their new situation. Even Kain had trouble getting used, he was far from comfortable, he could only imagine it was much worse for a girl like Carla. Perhaps that was as good a reason as any to just allow her to deal with it on her own terms, she seemed fine with him joining the men after all.

Once Kain had another stiff drink in his hand he couldn’t help but wonder what his future would hold.

“I don’t want to ruin the mood by talking shop,” He started, “But what do you suppose happens next in the grand scheme of things?”

Kain knew even things that never hurt an innocent soul could have severe backlash among the races, surely a city at the bottom of the sea, thousands dead and a country submerged in grief would have more consequences than the word ‘backlash’ could possibly portray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: