Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly heard Kimiko's words about how she should have said something to them, but in truth she had no idea that the wound was that bad.  In all honest, she was going to have them treat it once they got back to the hotel but the hotel wound up in the ocean.  She muttered something of an apology when she heard her tell the Norseman to hold her head after removing all of her knives which there were about twenty all together, stuffed in various small sheaths sewn into her clothing.  Once done she felt him gently lay her head in his lap and couldn't help but be stunned that such a rough looking person could actually be gentle.  Then the pain began to grow worse than what it was as Kimiko did her magick and it took everything Lilly had to keep from screaming.  But she failed halfway through as she felt the black ooze being pulled from her back.

She could feel it fighting against the pull of the magick, trying to remain inside of her and she clenched her teeth, concentrating on it leaving her body. She'd heard what Kimiko had called it and what it would turn her into if it remained. As well as she would die. She didn't want to die.

Finally, it was over and she lay there, her head in the Norseman's lap, her breathing labored. It seemed to take her forever to move, just to remove her head from his lap and get onto her hands and knees. She finally got to where she was sitting up, holding her shirt to her, or what was left of it, to her body. She looked over at Kimiko, "Thank ye, Kimiko. I honestly didn't think it was that bad", she said in a pain filled, weak voice. She struggled to her feet, swaying but made her way over to the Punkie, looking at him, glad that she was only five feet one inch tall. I didn't make her feel as if she were towering over him. "Thank ye, Mr. Kain. For helping Kimiko save me stupid hide." With that said, she ignored the blonde and turned away from everyone, clearly ashamed for not paying closer attention to her wound, stopping long enough at the big Norseman to collect her small throwing blades, thanking him as well. Then she turned and looked at Sionn, saying the same to him before replacing her blades in what hidden sheathes were left in her tattered clothing. Her eyes were a deep blue/green with pain but she gritted her teeth and swallowed her groans and whimpers.

"When do we leave?", she asked in a low voice.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 KimikoBanner

Kimiko simply nodded at Lilly, it wasn't that she was trying to be cold, it was just a matter of who she was, what she was, and what had just happened to her family. She turned to Sionn who was standing and staring at the hovering sphere that contained the Rot, "Bloody hell... how do we destroy it?"

Kimiko spoke flatly, "We don't, I will take it to my home and store it."

They all looked at her in astonishment and she spoke without the slightest hint of being affected by their opinion, "We lack the ability to fight the enemy if we don't understand their weapons."

She removed a black silk bag from her vest and opened it underneath the floating sphere. The instant the bag was opened the sphere dropped into the bag and she synched it up tightly, placing it into her loose vest.

As Kain mentioned carrying Lilly, Kimiko could not help but smile at his self deprecating remarks about his height. She looked at him and spoke, "Knowing what I do of your race tells me you could probably carry three of us without breaking a sweat." She turned and looked at Lilly and then back to Kain, "Though it looks to me like she is getting about just fine."

As Sionn stepped up, Dietrich right beside him, he looked at Kimiko and spoke, "Thank you for assisting Lilly, I look forward to having you accompany us to Scotland, especially after what I just witnessed, I have never seen magic like that."

Kimiko looked at Sionn with her soft brown eyes and spoke, "I look forward to restoring balance with you, this act can not go unchallenged."

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly looked back over her shoulder the best she could and saw the 'exchange' between Sionn and Kimiko.  She felt a twinge of jealousy but quickly squelched it.  That soft look Kimiko gave Sionn could be just that....a soft look between friends.  Besides, there wasn't anything between her and Sionn but friendship so she knew she had no right to feel any sort of jealousy.

When she heard what Kimiko said to the Punkie she studied him a little more closely, seeing the muscular frame beneath his clothing.  She was probably right and he could indeed carry her as well as the others with little effort.  At the same time, she was forcing herself just to stand but she wasn't about to let on to any of them just how badly her pain was.  She felt bad enough for Kimiko having to expend even more energy at her expense.  She'd also noticed that her question about when they were leaving hadn't been answered and with everyone standing together she realized that she'd set herself apart from them without intending to do so.  

She forced herself to get to her feet and slowly walked over to them, making sure she didn't stand near Sionn.  She didn't know why she chose not to stand near him but she usually had good gut instincts and whether it was wrong or not her gut was telling her to stand back a little.  Her gaze went to the blonde who was with Kain and she shook her head, wondering what they were going to do with her.  Well, she wasn't her problem, she was the Punkie's so she decided to not worry about it.

As she stood there, waiting for the decision to be made on when they were leaving her legs began to shake from the effort of just standing but she locked her knees and gritted her teeth, determined to not let on that she was weaker than what she seemed.  

"Does anyone know of a good smithy once we reach Scotland?  Someone who can be making me more blades to me specifications?  The majority of me blades were in our hotel room."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 SionnBanner

Sionn watched as Lilly made her way over to the group again, and he kept listening to Kimiko until he noticed Lilly stutter in her standing. He inconspicuously made his way to her and leaned in so she could use him as a support to keep herself up. As she asked her question he turned to her and smiled, "Aye lass, I know one."

He put his arm around her and helped support her weight. Knowing she was too proud to admit she needed the help he kept it as low key as possible. Suddenly Kimiko looked around and shook her head, cursing in Japanese she turned to Sionn, "Our cars..."

Sionn face went white and he looked in the direction that Habiki had parked their transportation, it was in the ocean as was Kimiko's. She sighed heavily and looked around, putting her hand on her forehead to block the sun, "I suppose this delays things a bit."

Sionn nodded, "Aye, a wee bit." He said nothing but he knew that Lilly was in pain, Kimiko said she would be, and he could feel her using him for more of a support than she was her own legs, "Too many regular folk around to use magic now."

"I guess we're walking, come on I have a van at my house we can use." Kimiko started on foot right after she said it, and Sionn shrugged, looking at Dietrich and Kain. Torri came up over a small rise with the Sat Phone and as she saw them gathered she ran up and looked at Lilly, "What happened to her?"

Sionn looked at Lilly and then Torri, "I'll tell ya later, right now we have to get to Kimiko's house, what did Mum and Da say?"

"They said to get home straight away."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly was a little shocked when Sionn came and stood next to her, close enough for her to lean on him with very little notice from the others.  But when he put his arm around her she couldn't stop the shiver at the feel of his light touch and hoped he didn't notice.  She didn't want to embarrass herself by reading anything more into such a simple gesture.  But she was grateful for it and for him being there for her to lean on.  The pain was horrible yet the only way one would know was from the set of her jaw and the small white lines around her mouth, the color of her eyes and/or the very light sheen of sweat on her forehead.  

She gave Sionn a stiff smile at the mention of the smithy then turned back away, biting back a groan as a spasm shot through her back.  When Torri returned and looked at her, Lilly gave her a small smile then shook her head at her at the same time that Sionn told her that he'd tell her later.

Then Kimiko mentioned about the cars and she couldn't stop the soft groan that only Sionn would hear when 'walking' was mentioned.  But she was stubborn and prideful and would push herself before allowing someone to carry her.  She wouldn't allow herself to be a burden due to her not paying attention to her own wound.  

"We'd better be gettin' started then", she said looking up at Sionn.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich looked back on what had just happened as they began to walk sticking to the rear of the group finding himself next to Lilly though stared off in the distance a little as he thought about it deeply he had just been greeted by a clan he had considered a dangerous executioner probably of his forefathers. Oh and then...dragged into a magical ritual with no warning having to stay close to the light magick only Lilly noticed but his right hand had been shaking through the procedure as being so close he almost wanted to vomit though as gentle as the giant could be he still had the taste of the herb on his tongue and his body wasnt happy with it as he wanted to dearly just keep spitting or drink even a cigarette at this point would be better.

And the fact the little guy was a punkie he had wondered why they had been saved the woman had been lucky really that Kain had been noticed they had been saved. Thinking about it but the fact even the 'little' dude was pumping with magick had him biting the inside of his cheek till he tasted that slow copper taste tinted with something as they were walking his mind coming back to the present as he pushed open the heavy coat observing eyes may note the black silken lining covered in runes in almost grotesque letters of some language in chalkish white. He kept the majority of it closed it took Lilly about five looks before she realized the torn trousers he was wearing the reason so much leg was bare it had been the one peppered with shards of glass and wood splinters the size of boat rivets yet their wasn't a spec of blood on the pants.

He turned seeing she was having a hard time he smiled as he had to offer. "Want a piggy back on the giant?.... I can let you sit on the axe haft like a seat if you don't want me holding your legs?" As he slowly pulled a black sheet from his cloak he took his axe out the sheath and began to wrap it she didn't know if it was for her comfort or because the thing had its own bite or.. something? As he smiled to see if she would accept they both were lagging behind as he had been walking at her pace unconsciously.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly was gritting her teeth as they walked, moving slower than she normally would have. Her back felt as if it someone were pounding on it with a sledgehammer but she'd remembered vaguely hearing Kimiko mention that she would be in pain for some time. It was her own fault and she would bear it as such, but she was grateful for Sionn's assistance although she was hoping no one else noticed. But when Dietrich spoke to her with a smile, which shocked the hell out of her, she gave him a small smile back.

"I thank ye, Norseman but tis me own stupidity tha' got me into this mess with me back an' would no be right for another to carry me when I can still be walking."

She said it in a low voice, the only ones hearing being Dietrich and Sionn. She didn't stop walking as she spoke to him, determined to keep moving. They needed to get to Kimiko's van and then to the airport and finally back to Scotland. She was excited and a little frightened at the same time. She barely remembered Sionn's parents let alone Scotland having grown up in an orphanage in Ireland. She remembered them being close and that in itself intimidated her. She'd had that up until she was around six before her parents had died in that car accident that she knew wasn't an accident and then it was the orphanage where she was always alone. Being different wasn't easy in an orphanage, especially a Catholic one run by nuns. She couldn't count the number of times she'd had her knuckles cracked with rulers for twirling small kitchen knives or sent to her bed without the evening meal. Many a night she went to sleep with her stomach growling. But the blades always called to her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't not touch them let alone toy with them. It was who she was. To stop would have been like cutting off her arms.

She thought about this as she walked, trying to keep her mind off her pain. A few times she stumbled but righted herself with Sionn's help or even Dietrich's, which surprised her. She was so tiny next to him, her head barely coming to the bottom of his chest. But she was also small compared to Sionn as well. She sighed to herself. She was just small and nothing would change that.

After an hour of walking, Lilly began to really lag behind, her steps slower and slower yet she forced one foot in front of the other, refusing to stop or let anyone carry her.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Indian10Aurora saw Lexy and Lizzy off with Ean then went back inside the house and sat down at the table with pen and paper and began making her list for the ceremony. She was deep in thought within an hour as she worked, mumbling occasionally as she'd wad up a piece of paper and throw it away. She worked all morning, not stopping for lunch until Ean made her stop so that they could go see Erebus.

She went upstairs to change as she was still in her training clothes, coming back down dressed in a doeskin vest and a pair of jeans with her suede boots on her feet. Her hair had been taken down and brushed out, the sides pulled back and fastened at the back of her head with a Mohican barrette. Around her head was a Mohican headband and she looked like what she was. A Mohican maiden. Her dark eyes were troubled at the upcoming visit as she looked up at Ean.

"Let's get this over with, Ean. I just hope I am right about him and like my father, he has changed."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Kimiko watched as the Norseman drifted back and kept taking note of how the three were interacting. She said nothing, keeping to task and leading them back to her home. She noticed that Lilly was lagging further and further behind, however she expected little else, she couldn't help but quietly shake her head at the thought of a person who refused the help others offered, especially one of neutral disposition, that was their life, helping others by fighting to maintain the balance.

She finally stopped and looked at Torri who had walked beside her silently the whole time. She turned and looked at the others, Kain and Carly were a couple minutes behind, Kain doing his best to keep the blonde woman calm, and quite a distance behind them the Norseman, Sionn and Lilly were progressing slowly. Kimiko turned to Torri and spoke, "Your brother is a good man, a bit full of himself, but a good man."

Torri looked up at her, then to her brother in the distance and back to Kimiko, "Aye, but he has his problems like all of us do."

Kimiko barely flashed a smile and responded, "Without problems we would never grow."

Kain and the blonde arrived, the gal was doing all she could to express her discomfort and objection to the situation. She looked at Kain and handed him a set of keys, "You may take her inside so you can both clean up, I don't know if there is still running water given what happened... my guess is the lines broke when the earthquake happened, but you never know."

She looked at Torri again, "So your mother is the Chief of the Stormborn?"

Torri nodded and smiled proudly, "Aye."

Kimiko let a smile barely creep up one side of her face and spoke, "It will be good to meet her, surly she will have insight as to the correct response."

Torri looked at Kimiko and spoke, "Aye, she is insightful and wise beyond her years."

Kimiko nodded, "As would be expected, once the Chief goes through the melding, they are granted the knowledge of those who came before them."

Torri looked at Kimiko curiously, but the Wizard said little else. Within half a minute the others were there and Kimiko looked at Lilly, "You need to sit before you have a heart attack. The pain won't go away with grit and determination, it will only go away with time."

She turned and looked at Sionn and spoke, "Have your people ready to move in an hour, I need to call my parents."

Sionn looked at her sympathetically but she paid him little mind as she turned and walked away from the house pulling a Sat phone from her belt.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly nodded to Kimiko, sitting down on the nearest chair. She'd seen the look Kimiko had given her and the shake of her head, but kept quiet. She was feeling out of sorts, used to being alone. It was one thing to fight side by side, but for now the fight was over and on top of the pain she was feeling a little intimidated within the small group of people, even though she knew Sionn and Torri from when she was a little girl. But it had been a long time since that time. And she had no idea why Kimiko had given her that look with the shake of her head but she chose to leave it alone.

At her words to be ready in an hour, she grimaced again. At least she had an hour to regenerate her energy, if that was possible. She was doubting it but her stubborn pride would not let her down, she hoped. She looked at Sionn when Kimiko left to call her parents and her eyes, now a deep bluish/green color, just looking at him.

"I be ready, Sionn McGhee whenever it be time to leave. All I owned was in tha' hotel room."

She wasn't saying it to feel sorry for herself, just stating a fact. She had nothing now. No clothing, no blades except what was on her person and that was that. No more, no less. After she spoke, she turned sideways in the chair so that her back wouldn't be up against the back of the chair, barely able to stand the tattered remains of her shirt to touch it let alone the back of a chair.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Kimiko returned about ten minutes after she had left, she walked up and saw Lilly sitting on the porch alone, the others were scattered about dealing with the recent events in their own ways. Kimiko stopped a brief second, saw how Lilly was not at all comfortable and turned, walking into the house.

It might have seemed she was unsympathetic, but after only a couple minutes she returned with a tray. On the tray was a tea pot and two small cups. Under her arm was a silk pillow, embroidered with delicate carp and water scenes. She set the tray down and reached, gesturing for Lilly to sit forward a touch, as she did Kimiko slipped the pillow behind her back so when she sat back it relieved the strain and gave a soft surface for her sensitive skin to sit against. She then say down beside the Irish woman and poured some tea, "It's Ashitaba, same as we used on your wound... only in tea it tastes a little like celery instead of bitter root."

She poured some for herself and the aroma was also citrus like. As She sipped, Kimiko sat perfectly straight, an epitome for good posture, and stared out towards the coast. Even though they were several kilometers away now and could barely even see the water anymore, she stared as if the coast was right there. She said nothing, but her thoughts were on her brother, dead, right there where she couldn't see him, and the conversation she had just had with her parents, informing them of his death.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:30 pm

He smiled hearing the conversation swapping around as Dietrich leaned against a wall as he placed the wrapped axe against the wall next to him as his hand never strayed far from it though as he watched the merry band of misfits though he began to think on it they weren't too bad a group they certainly complimented each other as he watched as Kimiko went to talk to her parents he tilted his head wondering why it was so important to contact them... but his family had their issues as I am sure the head of the McGhee will probably immediately recognize Dietrich.

He heard they had to get ready in an hour he looked down to himself he would probably buy a new set of pants at the shops in the airport if he was lucky but otherwise he was ready and he heard Lilly tell Sion they obviously recognized him as the leader... a heavy burden as he heard her say she was ready he wanted to say her body needed time but stayed quiet she was fighting and her pride kept her straight jawed as he smiled a little reminding him of old friends... just too stubborn as he looked around the house it wouldn't be a bad place to spot if it wasn't for the current matters at hand watching Kimiko attend to Lilly as he pushed himself up walking a little further away he reached into a inner pocket pulling a brown glassed bottle with a scrawl of a signature on a white label on the side he poured the contents back slowly as it soothed him he placed the bottle back in his coat... maybe a cigarette would have been idea watching the sun.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Eba0k1

Kain’s eyes grew big when Lilly got back on her feet so quickly, she not only survived with the healing help of Kimiko but she didn’t even let it keep her down for a minute. She either possessed some serious grit or Kimiko’s healing was simply astounding.

“Well, I didn’t want to make the guys feel bad.” He replied to Kimiko and also gave a smile to Lilly, he was glad she was on her feet, “It’s true, I used to be able to lift quite a weight, but I have limited reach.” He said making his point by stretching his hands to the side. Few things were compact enough to easily lift. Much like his hereditary memory he found his strength to be more of a pain than a blessing, too many times did he cut himself because he accidentally crushed a glass of whiskey.
Such a waste of good whiskey.

Speaking of whiskey, this speak of Scotland piqued his interest, but he wasn’t allowed to consider it for too long before Carla distracted him as they walked. “My handbag was still in the car…” She said quietly.

“I’m sorry.” Kain said, though it was far from his greatest worry.

“It had my phone in it.”

“A real pity.” Again, her need to facebook was far from a real concern for Kain.

“I need to call my father.” She said, “By now he’ll know what has happened and he’ll be very worried. He needs to know I’m alright.”

Kain took a moment to look at Carla, for once she seemed to be concerned with someone besides herself. He looked over at Sionn’s sister with the sat phone still in her hand, but this was neither the time nor the place for more calls.

“Perhaps once we reach Kimiko’s house you can let him know you’re alright. Right now we can’t keep dawdling, but I’m sure we’ll have a moment soon and you can call your dad.”

“Ok, I don’t want to be a burden.” She said softly. She sure had calmed down after the ordeal with the rot, Kain didn’t think she could get this quiet. Perhaps the gravity of the situation had sunk in now.

“Don’t worry.” Kain said and gave her a smile.

Once they reached Kimiko’s place she handed him the keys, he bowed politely before taking the keys and granting them access to the house. The place was utterly Japanese, if a bit shook up because of the earthquake.

“Shoes.” Kain immediately said to Carla, who was eager to find a bathroom, but had to take a step back to get out of her heels. But quickly bursted back inside once she had slipped them off with ease, Kain on the other hand needed a bit more effort to relieve himself from his shoes, but soon followed Carla inside.

“Water’s out.” Kain heard coming from further in the house as he found his way around.

“We’ll make do.” Kain responded hopefully loud enough for her to hear him.

“Plenty of clean towels though.”

“That’s good.” Kain said as he picked up a bonsai tree which had been rocked off a table and gently put it back where it belonged. Once he got back underway he found his way to the kitchen, he meant to find the bathroom and Carla with it, but after some hesitation decided to have a look around the kitchen instead. Utensils, broken plates and the contents of some tins had created a bit of a mess in conjunction with the earthquake but it seemed otherwise fine. Just in case he tried the tap, but it seemed all water was out. He didn’t really want to snoop, but perhaps there were some useful supplies in the house and he opened several cabinets to find all the regular kitchen ware he’d expect. He then noticed the pantry behind a set of little sliding doors and his eye fell on a six pack of 2 liter water bottles next to a big bag of rice.

“Found some water.” He said as he pulled a bottle from the plastic and tried to find his way to the bathroom.

“Really?” Carla said, the sound came from right next to him. Suddenly a door slid open and Carla was right there with a dirty towel in her hands. “Thanks.” She said as she grabbed the bottle.

“Don’t use too much now, I’d like to freshen up as well and I’m sure others would too.”

She looked at the bottle intently for a moment, considering how much she’d need; “I’ll do my best.” She said and then the door slid shut again.

Kain stood around the bathroom for a little while, unsure what he was supposed to be doing. But he was alright standing right there, listening to Carla softly hum as she freshened up. When he heard others approach he felt a bit creepy hanging out right outside the bathroom and decided to head for the people nearing, it seemed the others had escorted Lilly towards a chair where she could recuperate some strength. Kain’s eyes searched for Kimiko, but she was not with them, it seemed Sionn noticed.

“She went to call her parents.” He said.

Kain nodded, apparently that was the thing everyone wanted to do right now. He wondered, should he be calling his ‘father’? He wasn’t sure how he’d respond if he knew he had gotten wrapped up in this mess. He should probably not have him worry about it.

“Carla is in the bathroom.” In case anyone cared to know, “Water’s out, but there’s some bottled water instead.”

Things remained quiet, some reflection was in order, he supposed. The norseman withdrew himself and after several moments Kain decided to check up on Carla, but she was still in the bathroom humming. He hovered around for a while, until Kimiko came by. He didn’t say anything, she seemed distracted, troubled maybe even. After a moment he followed her into the kitchen, where he found her trying to create some order in the chaos created by the earthquake and gather the things she needed for her tea. Once she had gathered the tea pot and some cups Kain went over to the pantry and pulled another bottle of water from the plastic.

“Water is out.” He said just before she reached for the tap and presented the bottle to her instead. She bowed slightly and accepted the bottle before continuing making the tea. Kain lingered and watched her for a bit, though it did not go unnoticed.

“Forgive me.” He said as she glanced back at him.

“Nothing to forgive, Master Punkie.” She said, but Kain shook his head.

“No, no, I should not be staring.” He said, “It’s just… I think you remind me of something.”

Kimiko glanced back once more, slightly confused. There were many things a punkie could remember, this much she knew, but the relevance of this particular memory she could not tell.

“The evil that made the city sink into the sea, it too stirred memories. Nightmares, really. But you… You bring up… warmth…” Kain tried to explain. “I barely knew it was in there.”

Kain decided to leave it at that and went back to wait on Carla.

“You almost ready?” He asked when he arrived at the door.

“Just a second.” She replied. What a cliché, isn’t that what women always say when they’re halfway through their hour long ritual? The chances of him getting a moment to even wash his face seemed tiny by now. But to his surprise he hadn’t even finished his thought or the door slid open and Carla stepped out quite satisfied.

“All done.” She said and handed back the bottle of water with still plenty left to spare. Kain could hardly believe she had managed to clean herself up so thoroughly. She’d exchanged her dirty clothes for one of Kimiko’s kimonos, put her hair up and otherwise seemed to have removed every trace of dirt and mud from her body.

“I hope Kimiko won’t mind that I put this on, I saw it lying there and it looked so cute I couldn’t resist trying it on. What do you think?”

“It… it looks good on you.” Kain had to admit. A moment later Kimiko came by with the tea and some odd glances were exchanged, though not a word was said.

“I hope that means she approves…” Carla said eventually.

“It’s probably not quite what she expected when she let us make use of her house, but I’m sure she was just surprised, not upset.” Kain thought and went to into the bathroom. “Tell the others I’ll be out in five, in case they need some freshening up too.” And he slid the door shut.

Kain had to drag a washbin in front of the mirror to get a good look at himself. Once he climbed on top it was clear he was quite the mess, and it was unlikely he could get the same kind of result as Carla. Just in case he looked around the room, no tiny pants and shirt randomly lying around this bathroom, it seemed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly gave Kimiko a small smile when she placed the beautiful silk pillow behind her back so that she could sit somewhat more comfortably then fixed her some tea. She told her what kind it was and as she sipped it she noticed that it did indeed taste like celery with perhaps a touch of honey. She sipped it for a few moments, watching Kimiko from the corner of her eyes.

"Kimiko", she said in a quiet voice. "I be so sorry for Hibiki. I know what it be like to lose someone so close to ye tha' it feels as if ye'er heart will be ripped out. I lost me parents when I was just six years old an' was placed in an orphanage."

She sighed, unsure why she wanted to explain things to this oriental woman but she felt a need to do so as she continued.

"I saw the look ye gave me while we were walking an the shake of ye head. I am not sure why ye did tha' but I imagine ye had good reason for it. I am used to being alone. Even in the circus, because I be different, I was usually alone and at the orphanage", she gave a sarcastic laugh. "Being alone there is an understatement. But one thing the nuns all but beat into me was tha' if me own stupidity caused problems for others then I suffer the consequences alone. Tis why I didna' ask for help nor accept any. Was me own stupidity that caused ye to use more of ye'er energy, energy ye didna' have to spare. I be grateful for what ye did. Ye saved me life and I canna ever repay tha' gift, Kimiko."

She stopped talking then, worried that she'd said too much or just said things that were a waste of time. But, it was the most she'd spoken at one time since she'd run into Sionn and Torri. She was quiet then as she sipped the tea with Kimiko, staring out into nothing.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:26 am

Kimiko looked at Lilly as she spoke. She could see the lingering sadness in the young Irish woman's eyes and she nodded softly in thanks, "Hibiki was an amazing warrior, his presence in this world will be missed tremendously... I will miss him tremendously."

She forced a smile, but the wetness in her eyes gave a rare show of emotion. She sipped her tea and closed her eyes a moment to blink the tears away. When she looked back at Lilly and she talked about what had transpired earlier Kimiko set her tea down and leaned forward, her face was serious and like fine porcelain, "Lilly, though I understand your story, you need to know that when you don't trust others to assist you, you put everyone in danger. If you are working with people you are a team, you need to rely on them to help you. We are the neutral, it is more important for us to be a unified front, more than the other factions among the Races. We balance the scales, we ensure the continuum of right versus wrong doesn't tip too favorably in one direction. I get that you learned to deal with things on your own, to bare the responsibility for your actions on your own shoulders... but when you start endangering the lives of others because of a lack of action, then don't we all suffer those consequences? What you did endangered all of us, the Rot is one of the most diabolical and hideous things on this planet. When it consumes a person it does so to the marrow, you are completely transformed and cease to exist on any level, and then those you are with become the target. It spreads aggressively and does not cease until drawn out, and it takes a great amount of energy to do so, which happens at great risk. You are one of us, one of ME, so long as you take a stance in the middle ground. For that we need to be willing to risk all for one another, and we need to be willing to TRUST one another."

She leaned back in her chair and looked at the Norseman, his eyes scanning the horizon. She noted his shredded clothing and turned back to Lilly, "Dietrich... do you see how he immediately came to our aid, how he became part of the team without reservation? That is how those in the middle ground must walk." She leaned forward and spoke softly, "We all make mistakes... just take this wisdom and apply it. Learning can NEVER be held against another, so learn from what happened, apply it in your life, let it be a stepping stone to responding different next time."

She patted Lilly every so delicately on the knee and stood, walking over to Dietrich, "Come with me, I don't have any sort of pants that will fit a man of your size, but I do have a kimono that once belonged to my grandfather, he was larger than the average Japanese man and I think we can get it around you. You will look a little out of place with the beard and such, however Sionn and Torri have a private aircraft, so at least you won't have to go through the airport or get on a plane with the public."

The two of them walked into the house and as Kimiko looked at Carly, she furrowed her brows ever so slightly, looking at Kain a moment and then walking past them. She was not going to make an issue of the use of her clothing, however she had wished permission had been asked first. In the end, it was only silk fabric, nothing more, however it was a matter of being respectful of others things that tickled her sensitivity. She went to a closet and removed a black kimono, and a dark blue obi to put around his waist, "Look like it will just fit."

She smiled to him, more than she had to any of the others, and backed out of the room, closing the screen behind her so he could change. As she came back into the living area she looking for Kain but saw only Carly and the door to the washing room shut. She walked up to the young blonde woman and spoke, "So, based on what I saw this is all new to you. how did you come to know Kain?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly sat and listened closely to what Kimiko was telling her, giving the oriental woman her full attention and her words sank home. She was no longer alone. Never would she be alone again unless she herself chose to be so this time around. In the orphanage, it wasn't her choice to be alone. She was simply not understood and therefore not wanted. In the circus, her strange ability with her blades made her even more of a freak than any of the others and dangerous, even though it were her acts that had made them famous. Now, though, it was different. She would never be alone again unless she chose to be alone. She felt as if a burden had been lifted from her small shoulders and it showed in her posture, or at least as best it could with the damage to her back.

She turned slowly in the chair, a grimace of pain washing over her pale face until she was situated and looked at the others, all except Dietrich, who was behind closed doors and Kain, whom she didn't know where the nice looking man had gone. He had the patience of a saint to be putting up with the blonde the way he did. Then she looked at Torri and knew that she'd found a friend in her and it made her heart a little lighter. She'd never had a true friend before. Any that tried to look past her differences were soon put off by her abilities and suddenly frightened of her, which she never understood why. She'd never hurt an innocent, let alone a friend. Then there was Sionn and she had no idea where to put him at in all of this. He was caring, a wonderful quality in a man and a leader and she couldn't deny that she had growing feelings for him but she didn't know if they were returned and she wasn't about to ask. She told herself that he'd not be interested in her anyway. She was plain, tiny and just a team member to him. So she pushed those feelings down deep, content to just be a friend to him.

Her back pained her but the tea was helping and it was now a horrible ache instead of the feeling of knives being slid down her back, as if peeling off the skin. She would be scarred, she was sure of it and that just made her all that much more sure that Sionn would never be interested in her. He was flawless. His skin seemed to flawless. She thought about the woman who had broken his heart and wondered what she was like and how she could possibly let someone like him go. But it wasn't for her to judge and she didn't know the whole story so she let it go. Still, she watched him as she sipped her tea until he looked her way and she quickly turned away, stiffling a small whimper as her back protested the sudden movement. She didn't want to show that she was still in pain but she knew that the next time she needed help she would ask. She wasn't alone anymore and that alone made her smile a little through the pain.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Dietrich smiled at the offer he had been about to reject her off especially as it was a private jet but she pretty much grabbed him by the ear and told him it wouldn't do to look a state as she mentioned a kimono he had the thought of a man in a dress but reminded himself to be respectful the Japanese were a deep culture who he found respect in. As he was guided to what could only be a suitable bedroom as she rooted out a black kimono it couldn't have come in any better colour he thought to himself smiling as she held it to him for sizing he was careful not to touch her she noticed this a little as she didn't take his eyes off him for a second the reason being he had a feeling they were total opposites her a being of 'light' and him a 'shadow' especially of his family heirloom. He took his axe off slowly wrapped in the heavy silk placing it in easy reach. He did changed though he stood for a long amount of time wondering how to tie the Obi before casually tying the knot at the front as he looked at himself for a while he picked up his coat again throwing it on it covered most of the kimono and he didn't mind and he was thankful he didn't have to mark the kimono or strip the lining of his coat to keep the runes working it didn't help the carrier for the axe was sown into the coat as well as he re-sheathed the monstrosity into the sheath... He would have some explaining to do in Scotland he guessed at the moment it was more a rush to check wound, inform people and then move to base to regroup and rearm as they did in the military.

He slowly moved out of the room missing his boots as he had forced them off at the door but the house still creaked to his huge frame and passing the living room he saw Kimiko and Carly the interrogation had already begun for her he chuckled sounding rather sinister as he moved down the corridor to his boots sliding into the metal plated things looking like medieval attire... it just didn't mix with the japanese 'dress' i mean Kimono and the heavy trench coat he was a mix match but at least it wasn't torn or wet. As he slid the door out as he moved onto the porch he let himself fall neatly on the steps near Lilly. "Had your lectures then." Giving her a wink as he couldn't help but laugh at the slight glare she was giving him. "We all start somewhere." Saying it more to himself than anyone as he looked towards the coast thinking on the druid he had faced it had been a long time since his axe had passed so readily through something and worse the man had been damn quick to pull tricks out the book from his fog.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Carla nodded to Kimiko, she was ill prepared for what had transpired during the past hour. “I’m still not sure what this is all about. Maybe I’ll wrap my head around it at one point, but for now I’ll just trust that I am in good hands.” She said and paused for a moment. “I don’t want to be a burden… So… If I can help…?”

Carla felt kind of stupid offering her assistance, but she felt the need to at least offer to return the favour. But obviously she lacked the skills or the knowledge to be able to add a lot to the gang, she expected to be told just to stay out of trouble and not get in the way. She got distracted by Dietrich’s chuckle for a moment, before turning back to Kimiko.

“Anyway, Kain?” She said urged by Kimiko’s body language, “I was sipping on my juice in the hotel this morning when he climbed on the stool next to me and ordered a coffee for himself. Perhaps he noticed me sulking, or maybe he needed a bit of company himself, I don’t know, but we started chatting, had breakfast and he then offered to take me for a drive. I almost refused, too.” She said and reflected for a moment, “I’d be alone in my hotel room at the bottom of the sea right now if I had…”

The thought reflected on her voice, the realization brought the pang of tears to her eyes, but she tried to stay strong. Then the bathroom door slid open and Kain stepped out. His face cleaned and his clothes still quite smudgy but at least the worst of it had been cleaned off.

“I see you two ladies are getting along.” He said and smiled.

Carla nodded and cleared the lump in her throat, “Say, Kimiko, is there any way for me to make a phone call to my father?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Kimiko's whole life was about observing, assessing, and acting on a committed course of action only when the first two actions had been completed. As she watched Carla, the subtle eye movements, body language, and stress in the voice, she knew right away that this was a woman who had caught the eye of a man, and nothing more. She looked at Carla as she finished telling her story and the slightest of smiles cracked her stoney face, "Perhaps, you were simply in the right place at the right time... or maybe even more likely, your life will serve a far deeper purpose than you ever thought."

As Carla looked at her, Kimiko stared into her eyes, "But it is your response that will make it so. You can walk away form this, believing you narrowly escaped death because a man happened to fancy you and asked you if you wanted to spend some time with him. Or you can look at the fortunate location of where you were when this disaster struck and reassess who and what you are. Either answer however, is correct, so it really, truly, is up to you."

She reached into her belt as Carla asked her question and handed her the phone, "It's a secure Sat phone, meaning nobody can listen in... feel free to call whom you need to."

She turned to Kain as he walked up and looked him over before turning to watch Carla walked off, "She's a bright girl, plays innocent, but I think she is more street wise than she leads on. Anyone in her shoes would be rattled by the events of the day, even those of us who have seen this kind of crap were stunned at the magnitude..." she looked back at Kain, "Wouldn't you agree?"

She watched as Dietrich walked through the room, doing his best to stay silent on the bamboo flooring, she couldn't help but smile at the massive, mountain of a man doing his best to walk like a Fara. She said nothing to him, knowing he was in his own little space at the moment, and watched as he went out and started talking to Lilly.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Carla bowed slightly as she accepted the phone and excused herself swiftly. Kain watched her disappear as he listened to Kimiko’s words.

“I’m rattled.” Kain said feeling no need to hide his discomfort with their situation, “But she seems to be adapting, yes. I don’t know how far she can stretch, but for the moment she is coping better than I would have given her credit for.” He thought.

“I worry about what comes next, though.” Kain said somewhat hushed, “I don’t know what happens if I involve myself. You… You didn’t happen to mention me when you called your family did you?”

Carla made her way to the side of the house when she punched in the phone number, listened for the phone being answered and then punched in a couple more numbers, before waiting anxiously with the phone by her ear.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

Kimiko looked at Kain as he spoke. She let her eyes trail to the woman, watching her as she went outside and then looked back to Kain, "You are rattled because when we mix with humans we have constant anxiety over what will happen at the revelation. It's normal, and you aren't alone in those feelings."

She said it in a way that she had experience with this sort of thing, but she didn't elaborate any further, "Of course, your involvement is entirely up to you, however I would be negligent in my knowledge through years of wisdom to not say this, what you witnessed it beyond anything I have ever seen, and I am certain there will be a rallying of forces to combat what is happening. These two druids are clearly only pursuing an agenda of destruction, I wager even those of the darker factions will rally against them. Though there are those among us who do what they do only for selfish reasons, even they know that if their lives are snuffed out there can be no more personal pursuit, in a way, fighting the Druids would be the ultimate statement of selfish ambition. Preservation of ones own life is always that way."

She was about to leave to gather her things but turned her head and spoke, "I did not mention you to my family, the call was to inform them that their son had been murdered by Druids, not give an accounting of the company I was currently keeping."

With that she turned and went upstairs to gather the things she would need to travel to Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Kain nodded with agreement, if two rogue druids were responsible even their natural allies would think twice about harboring them when they’re responsible for such pointless destruction. He might not have ever been actively part of any of the ‘sides’, he knew the gist of it.

He was relieved to hear she had not mentioned her company, but that feeling did not last long when the fact that her brother had died during the fight sunk in.

“… Your… Brother?” He said quite shocked. She had been so calm and hospitable, if perhaps a bit suppressed. But he could only assume most others would be inconsolable. “I’m so sorry, Kimiko…” He said before she disappeared out of sight.

Everyone had been focused on other things since he and Carla had found them, he supposed. There were many dead to mourn, but they weren’t brothers or sisters of these people, and yet she seemed to have acted as if her brother was just another casualty. Perhaps at some point she’d get to mourn him properly.

Kain wandered around the ground floor looking for any sign of Kimiko’s brother, a picture on the wall perhaps? He suddenly felt the need to take a moment for him in particular and all the others who had perished as well. A prayer needed to be said, a candle lit or a moment of solemn silence in their memory. Something at least…
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 The_li10Lilly looked at Dietrich when he spoke to her, giving him a small smile as she finished the tea. She had to crane her neck from her sitting position to look at his face.

"Yeah, sort of", she said with a smile. "More of a teaching lecture as I am used to being alone and tend to be too prideful and stubborn to ask for help."

She grinned again then, seeing him in the kimono, "It's your color. Definately suits you", she said teasing him. "Have you ever been to Scotland? I was a long time ago before my parents died and I was put into the orphanage in Dublin, Ireland." She shook her head at herself, wondering why all of sudden she wanted to talk. First to Kimiko and now Dietrich. She looked at the cup and hoped that all that was in it was the tea. She turned to look for Sionn and didn't see him but she'd had her chat with herself and wasn't going to do anything but be friends with him, unless he decided otherwise. She turned her now blue/green eyes up to Dietrich where as before they'd been just green the blue/green meaning that she was feeling a little better from the pain.

"Where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 SionnBanner

Sionn and Torri came walking back to the house, the fact they were siblings wouldn't be lost on anyone. They spoke to each other in a manner that showed a deeper understanding of the person, something beyond the words. As the two walked up to the house Sionn looked up at Dietrich and Lilly as Torri went past them and into the home, "We need to be off," He looked at Lilly, "How are ya feelin' lass? Better?"

Lilly nodded and with warm smile Sionn then turned to Dietrich, "Looks like you've become well acquainted with the culture aye?" He chuckled and spoke, "I mean no disrespect, yer too large a man to walk down that path. In all seriousness I am glad you were able to find something to wear. Once we get back to Scotland there are stores near where I live where we can find ya something to wear."

He smiled and looked to Lilly, "Come lass, I'll help ya into the van."

He walked over and helped her to her feet, he was gentle and understanding of being careful to not agitate her wounds. As he got Lilly to the van Torri arrived with the others, they were all there, even Carla. He smiled to Kain and spoke, "Glad you will be joinin us lad."

They piled in and Kimiko got behind the wheel, "I assume the aircraft is ready?"

Sionn nodded, "Aye, just got off the phone with our pilot, we will be wheels up as soon as we arrive."

Kimiko nodded knowingly and pulled out of the driveway.

Many hours later the aircraft was in smooth skies and heading towards Scotland. Torri was in the back, the large reclining seats had claimed her as a victim and she was fast asleep. Lilly was across the aisle, her head propped up on Sionn's jacket, the pillow Kimiko had given her in the small of her back to sooth the wound. Sionn walked up and sat in the chair in front of her, handing her a bottle of water, "Here ya go lass, it's been a rough day aye?"

Kimiko sat on the aircraft across from Carla and Kain. She was fascinated with the Punkie, she wasn't sure why, perhaps it was that on a certain level she could relate to him, the pull and push of love with a human. It could cause confusion and make you question everything, a very strange thing love, especially when compounded with the complication of having it with one not among the Races, "Kain?" He looked over at Kimiko and she stared back at him, "I saw the way you looked at me at my house, when I told you that my brother had died. I just wanted to say thank you. I have never been over emotional, my brother died in battle, it's a price we all risk paying when we go out into the world to do what we do. It doesn't make it easier, but it is reality. I just wanted to say thank you for understanding."

The normally stone face cracked a small smile and she continued, "It's not always that I find myself feeling the need to say something like this, in fact I find it a little uncomfortable, so I will just leave it at thank you."

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 ErebusBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 EanBanner

Erebus sat in his room staring out the window into the gloomy morning. He was used to rain, but this... this place was a constant rain storm, it never ceased. The gllom in the window beyond his room reflected the feeling in his heart, how could he make them understand and trust him? Would they even come so he could try? He exhaled deeply when a knock came on the door. Turning quickly he stood and walked over to the door, unlatching it and pulling it open, Ean stood in the hallway, Aurora right behind him and looking past the massive man's arm, into Erebus eyes. He could not help but smile at her. Though his heart immediately ached with the knowledge that he would never have her as his own, the warmth of of smile still reflected his love for her, "Ean, Aurora, please... PLEASE come in."

There was anxious excitement in his voice, clearly he was please they had come. His room was larger than normal, having three rooms. It was spacious and comfortable with Scottish charm dripping from every place, "Please sit, I will get you both some tea."

As Ean entered he motioned for Aurora to go ahead of him. He scouted out the room, taking in every detail as he and Aurora crossed over to the sitting area. He took Aurora's hand and helped her sit and then sat himself. Erebus came only seconds later with a plastic tray holding two cups, steam coming off of them. There was also a plate with cakes and he set the whole thing down on a table, "I have only been here 36 hours and I am already addicted to the cakes."

Ean smiled and nodded, "Aye, many a noble man lost himself to the delicate Scottish cake."

He turned and looked at Aurora with a small wink and then back to Erebus. He was clearly nervous in Ean's presence, his face showing his anxiety. Ean inhaled deeply and spoke with a calm voice, "Calm yourself Erebus, we have come at your request to talk, we want to find out what it is that would make you travel all this way, and cause you to change your ways so suddenly."

Erebus looked up at him and spoke, "Not suddenly... oh no Ean, not suddenly. For years I have had these thoughts, this plan if you will. I have watched my niece deteriorating since my brother left the Stewardship of the house to my name. She... she is quite insane, as is he, you saw what they did in Japan!"

Ean looked at him and sipped his tea, "Nothing more than most Druids with means would do if given the right opportunity."

Erebus looked down at the hard wood floor and nodded slightly, "I suppose that is true... the magic of Druids twists the mind."

"So why has it not twisted yours?"

Erebus looked up and spoke, his voice very serious, "I never said it hadn't."

Ean looked at Aurora and then back at Erebus, "So how can we possibly trust you?"

Erebus inhaled deeply, knowing this was a fair question, "Love." He turned his eyes and looked deeply at Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 pm

When they all piled into the van Kain noticed Carla had not said a word since she had gone and phoned her father, perhaps it had been emotional. He figured she’d go home, but when he asked she had been very clear she did not want to return home and handed him the sat phone as some sort of statement that she had made her decision. Crammed into the van with all the others Kain would not prod, and no one protested her tagging along to Scotland, at least not openly.

The urgency and tension slowly faded once the group settled into the McGhee private jet. Kain had done reasonably well for himself, but he never had the luxury of his own plane with pilot. Of course, he didn’t actually need the freedom to go all across the globe in a heartbeat, but still. It even came with its own small stock of refreshments, needless to say Kain reached for the finest whisky he could find and was never gladder the McGhee’s where Scottish, the selection was exquisite. With a bit of luck it’d help him sleep through a good part of the flight, but before it got to that Kimiko decided to speak up.

Kain understood and nodded, “I was taken aback, I suppose the others knew and didn’t want to get in the way of your own way of grieving, but I had no idea.” He said, “I’ve seen what these battles are like, even if I’ve never been in one. In a way I’ve felt the loss of more brothers and sisters than anyone ever should.”

Kain looked deeply into his glass of whisky as he gently stirred it, remembering the pain it had caused him when he was young with no way to even understand these feelings of sorrow.

“You have a big family?” Carla asked tentatively, not sure she understood what Kain meant.

Kain couldn’t help but chuckle, “No, no, not at all.” He said and looked at her, “Clearly we are different from you and most other people. My kind shares its memories with those who came before them, that’s why.”

“Really?” Carla thought she was being played with, but as her eyes darted between Kimiko and Kain she could see no hint of him making it up.

“Yeah.” Kain said after he took a sip from the fine whisky, “See the McGhee’s? They’re part of the Fara, all the others Elar’uma and then there’s me.”

“A Punkie.” Kimiko clarified.

“You’re making that up.” Carla thought, the magical abilities were one thing, but these secret races were just nuts. “What kind of a name is ‘Punkie’?” She thought she caught onto their little joke.

“Hey now, that’s an ancient name!” Kain didn’t care for that kind of ridicule; their short size gave them enough flak already.

“Well… It’s dumb…” She felt, but regardless the other two remained unflinched, “How much more crazy stuff is there no one else knows? No— wait, I don’t think I want to know.” She said.

Kain took another sip; “That would be for the best.” He thought and laughed.
“Actually,” He suddenly said as he put his drink down and jumped out of his chair, “I need to have a word with our Fara friend.”

Before he left the two women he did pause next to Kimiko; “I won’t pretend to know you and only you can deal with the loss of your brother… Just — just don’t let it twist you up inside, alright?” He said and looked at her for a moment before walking over to where Sionn was sitting.

“Sionn…” He said, “You don’t happen to know if your sister mentioned who’d be coming to Scotland with you, do you?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: