Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:18 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 The_li10Lilly nodded at Sionn's mild scolding regarding his parents and accepting what they were offering her. She knew he was right and decided then and there to stop and simply thank the two of them at the first available chance. For now, she was very aware of him holding her hand as he led her through the castle, feeling the warmth travel up her arm, trying to not smile about it too much.

But when he led her into the huge training room her eyes lit up, especially when she saw the target dummies that had clearly never been used. At the mention of what his parents had done for her regarding the daggers, tears filled her eyes that she quickly wiped at. She was dumbfounded by the generous act but when he pulled out the mahogany box she looked up at him, stunned. Her hands shook when she took it as he handed it to her. She slowly opened it, as if afraid something would jump out at her but instead she gasped at what was inside. Never had she seen anything so beautiful as those two throwing daggers and when he mentioned what they were made of she was shocked. She'd heard of the legendary Ulfberht steel and had thought it just that.....legendary. She turned her eyes up to his, the colors swirling around in tune with her chaotic emotions at such a gift. But before she could thank him, his lips covered hers.

He took in her gasp of surprise and then her sigh of pleasure as he softly and gently worked his lips over hers. She clung to the mahogany box even as she stepped closer to Sionn, feeling pleasure bloom through her. When the kiss ended, her cheeks were flushed, her body warmer than it had been and her heart was beating erratically. She couldn't do anything other than stand there, looking up at him before she raised a hand touching her lips with two fingers. She wasn't sure what to say at that point or what to do, so she simply stood there, her beautiful eyes swirling with a myriad of colors. One thing she did know......she was wishing that he would kiss her again.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:26 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AuroraBannerAurora's heart swelled with her love for her gentle giant, feeling his love for her in his kiss, the way her looked at her, the way he touched her. She knew he was right.....she had to trust him to protect himself and she had to focus on protecting herself. Plus, they were a team and as a team they would be better at fighting the upcoming battle together instead of apart. She nodded to him, letting him know silently that she agreed with him, returning his kisses and loving touches with her own.

Once he was finished speaking, he tucked her in her body shivering at the light touch to the curve of her hip. She whispered, "I love you so much, Ean", to him before he left her room to get much needed sleep. Her own eyes were closing, exhaustion finally winning the battle and the last thing she remembered as Beau jumping up onto the bed to curl up next to her, her arm draping over his huge, furry body as her body finally succumbed to the desperately needed sleep.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Dietrich_zps57091a19
Dietrich sharpened each of his weapons with a care given from a practiced blacksmith as slowly began to lift himself and some logs across the courtyard from a pile near the gate he rested it on what must have once been a tree in the centre of the courtyard only a stump now he went and picked up his axe. He gave a couple of practice swings his muscles beginning to tense as he stopped each stroke suulddenly before the wood he was chopping it would not do to have himself relax before the storm he considered he would ask a spar with someone later to reherse basics.

"With sacrifice great power is found." Muttering to himself as he brought the heavy wings of his axe down the wood slicing though he concentrated hard as when distracted by a servant of the household his axe slammed through the wood and the axe sheered into the stump deep the blade swallowed by what seemed soft wood as he grunted having to yank it out brutishly... three days he wondered if they would drag dangerously enticing for the action that was to come.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:22 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 KimikoBanner

Kimiko turned as she heard the sound of wood shattering, and watched the large Norseman as he almost effortlessly lifted and dropped the axe, over and over, each strike so precise she dared to imagine how close he could strike what he intended to hit.

She closed her spellbook and stood, smoothing her silk dress and walking over towards him. The sweat that glistened off his forehead reminded her of the waters off the shore where her village had been destroyed, her eyes observed and took in every twitch of his muscles and mannerisms. Finally he stopped and stared at the pile of wood he had created, she cleared her throat and he turned to face her, bowing his head very subtly in greeting. She stepped forward and spoke, “You strike with a precision I have not seen in a great deal of time, my brother was one who could take the wings off a gnat with his blades, I dare to imagine that you could do the same with a weapon much greater in weight and size than the blade he wielded.”

She looked him over, he was clearly a man of few words, as she typically was, however she felt the need to reach out a little to those whom she would be working with and she cleared her throat again as she tucked her spellbook back into her robes. He had been eyeing it slightly and she felt he might be uncomfortable with her holding it. She looked up at him, he towered over her, “I could not help but observe your reactions to magic on the beach in Japan, I wish to ask you something, and I would ask that you please be honest with me… how uncomfortable are you around magic? As you know, I am a Grey, and my understanding is another magic user will be joining us, one of the sisters that is arriving in two days is taught by the descendants of Merlin, surly she will be talented and powerful. As a magic user, as one who will be at your side and depending on one another, I need to know, is your discomfort physical or simply a mistrust?”

She looked up at him, her deep brown eyes looking directly into his own. Her face was plain and emotionless as usual, and she waited patiently for his answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Dietrich had been slowly finished when he noticed kimiko move forward he heard the compliment of his blade he shook his head his long hair peeling off his shoulder behind his back.

"I rarely use such precision in combat though the size of my weapon may help me hit the gnat initially." A chuckle in his jest of modesty as he had been eyeing her spellbook for long moments and then her question came he held her gaze with his cold greys and how the cheer had left him.

"A little of both." They had been standing for long moments it had taken him a pause to answer she almost thought he wouldn't elaborate he looked around slowly as he remembered where he was. "When my house was first persecuted of breaking balance my Great Grandfather was in charge." This tid bit of information made little sense as that had been hundreds of years ago. "My grandfather took on board the work of his ancestor and our family become... unable to touch magical flows."

He had placed the axe on his shoulder she only flinched a little thinking she had heard something no one outside his haus. As a Gray she could see he held a magical aura round him as disgusting dark and almost terror filled and during the battle she had seen him focus the magic... in him he had never gathered from nature.

"Jelousy of a person who can cast something as simple as a fireball is just my personal prejudice though fighting agaisnt magic does make one dislike its 'power' even if it keeps me alive."

He offered a hand to her and she was quick to realise his aura corruption why someone so sane produced darkenss he was rot infested.. she didn't finish the thought as she had taken a stance.  "A reagent of evil in the blood but the mind continues to fight for the balance." an almost mild rambling as he gave another respectable bow her emotionless calm he wondered if it would break in horror of the abomination of the magic world he was a taboo of old magic.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Kimiko listened with interest and her full attention remained on Dietrich for the entire duration of his answer. She watched him with her deeply dark brown eyes and as he extended his hand and she touched him, she gasped ever so slightly at the sensation that she felt. She did withdraw however, in fact, she seemed to become more interested, and she looked intently at him, “The Rot.”

As he nodded she tilted her head slightly, the wisdom in her eyes was obvious and she spoke, “Rot is a terrible invader, it manifests itself in so many different ways, as they all witnessed with the Little Flower, it immediately began to sieze upon her and would have simply consumed her to reform into an unholy form, but it is actually intelligent enough to recognize the uniqueness of each host, and when it finds one to harvest over a period of time it will take that advantage… you are clearly of strong mind and body, but I fear for you Dietrich, I fear that you, like so many others before you, will end up a victim.

She looked up at him, her eyes searching his own, “I know enough about Rot to take care of it at an onset, Lilly was just inside my ability to do something to help her. A case as advanced and refined as yours however, I am afraid I would do more harm than good if I made an attempt to do something for you.”

She tapped her chin thoughtfully as she kept her eyes locked on him, “I understand however, that one of the sisters who is coming in two days is a healer, she is a rare type of Spirit wielder, and she can bend the power to heal instead of cause destruction. Only a few are born every generation, a house as powerful as the MacGregors, well it is no wonder one would be born among them.”

She stepped forward, and though she did not make physical contact to avoid the sickly feeling of his dark intruder, she looked as though she wanted to, “Let us find time to talk to her, perhaps she can assist you.”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:36 pm

He chuckled at her reaction and shook his head a little when she offered to help him he slowly turned back to the stump as he moved to the oppisite side of it from her.

"My house as for centuries to try and claw itself from the darkness many laughed at the idea of The Rot but my father carried great deeds of balance with it as second in line I took a more careful approach the Rot devours all magic I try to naturally malipulate outside of me feeding it off that rather than me but... their are ways of appeasing to the rot."

Dietrich bit his thumb hard she saw the drops of blood as she felt him focus energy at the tip drawing a symbol that held no reference onto the axes wings but the axes edge glowed...the axe for so long appeared normal was suddenly glowing on its edge and the symbol she saw him ease the blade down and resting it on the wood she saw a red hue slide onto his arm a sign of internal bleeding under the skin but then he pushed with no momentum he sunk the head deep into the stump.

"With a rot enfused corpse my family made the blood magic in rumours of my family reborn." He smiled a little as he had demonstrated that his magic sat within him rather than bending the elements because of this rot. "I tried a healer long ago Kimiko but it was much the same how you did to Lilly removing the Rot would devour many of my own cells with it killing me in the process healing magic or not though I hear healing can cure hangovers." Laughing with a sad smile though. "My only ordeal of victimisation is my children will be born with the unique blood and may be consumed immediatly and I shall die not as a corpse but as Rot when my time comes." He gave a shrug as he felt a little odd he was holding a full conversation with Kimiko unlike his usual reclusive self but knew he had to tell her she would never have trusted him... did she even now he didn't know maybe he should have made a childish lie to explain his annoyance of magic or jealousy.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 LQUnhE

What a strange place Carla had landed herself in. Annette had answered more of her queries, though she had no more profound questions and the answers by now she could have guessed at. Regardless, she needed to ask, she needed to hear it. Annette’s patience was exemplary, she must have kept asking questions for a long time after Lilly briefly interrupted them and headed outside. Kimiko remained, often confirming what Annette told her with a small nod while otherwise remaining silent and Torri… Well, she seemed to just be brooding by herself.

In the end she could only respect what her hosts were doing. In their experience it was the best they could do to keep the world safe. She had hoped it would have been easier, but it seems even with all their money and supernatural powers, there was a limit to their abilities. And mostly because as much as they maintained balance, it was forced upon them by those of different convictions. Otherwise, why wouldn’t balance rule over marginalized extremes? Surely the cost and risk would be too great, too great for those who seek nothing but a world as peaceful as they can get it. Such actions, she figured, would not fit their mantra.

But then Sionn came and asked for all of them to gather, and Kimiko offered to find Lilly. What had happened? Carla could not tell, but as she had come to expect, things kept changing, and often for the worse. She found Kain while they waited for the McGhees to give them the latest news.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Eba0k1

Carla found Kain with a glass of Whisky in his hand.

“I see the ladies have left you unscathed.” Kain said as Carla walked up to him.

“You should see what I did to them though.”

Kain raised a brow and Carla’s look didn’t quite tell him what she might have meant by that. He looked around for a moment and noticed neither Kimiko nor Lilly had entered the room yet and his gaze returned to Carla. She rolled her eyes at him.

“Oh, Kainy… Nothing happened. We just had some pleasant conversation.”

“Ah, right. Good.” Kain said relieved, “But where are the other two ladies?”

“They went outside for a moment.”

“Say, I don’t know what you’ve been told, but Erich told me we are more than welcome to help out against the druids in whatever capacity we can. Even you.” Kain said.

“Oh, even me, hmm?” Carla said with a glare.

“Well, you know what I mean. But it seems they’ve accepted you as a part of this, whether you’re a part of the races or not.”

“I am a part of the races!” Carla decided, “I’m a proud human being and I live here too.”

Kain chuckled, “That you lot certainly do.”

“I won’t let that fact be ignored, even if I can’t shoot fireballs from the tip of my nose.”

Kain nodded, “Fair enough. They don’t like to think it's your fight, but like I said, you’re welcome to it.” Kain said and added, “Good for you.”

“Beats going home.” Carla said. Though Kain wanted to follow up on that, Sionn asked for their attention and discussed the situation as it had developed.

As soon as the immediate plans were discussed and people went to prepare in their own ways Kain went up to Erich and his wife.

“Since Carla has expressed her wish to join us for the time being,” He began and noticed Carla was in tow, “Would you perhaps have some means for her to defend herself with?”

Carla couldn’t help but laugh, “What did you have in mind Kain? Put an axe in my hand? It would take more than 2 days to even get me to lift one, let alone swing it.”

“I’m not sure what’s available.” Kain said and shrugged, “Probably nothing that would get you close to harms way or too physical. A gun, perhaps?”

“That’ll stop these druids? They sound like they need a bit more than that.”

Kain looked between Carla and the McGhees.

“Uh, no, it won’t stop them. For one, I’d just feel better if you had something and their power can manifest in many ways, some of which a gun could probably stop. Or slow down, perhaps.” Kain thought, “You suppose you’ve got something she could use to that effect?” He said turning to the McGhees.

Last edited by Kutsu Shita on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:59 am

Kimiko looked at Dietrich and nodded sadly, but that look of sadness quickly faded and she spoke, “You are a brave man Dietrich, that is obvious. Most do not simply accept that which is gifted upon us.”

She walked so she was face to face with him and looked up at him, “I have watched, for 176 years, and it is almost always the same. People, even those among the races, spend so much energy either trying to change what they were given, or try to lose it all together. You however, you seem to simply accept it as part of who and what you are… that is a rare thing, and you are to be commended for it.”

She turned and looked at the moon, barely visible through the clouds and spoke to him while looking up, “Dark times are coming, there is nothing I see which indicates that light while shine in the immediate future, and the shadow cast on this world will only intensify before light can shine again.” She turned and looked at Dietrich, “Nobody in that castle knows this, I have chosen to not share it with them, but I want to tell you, I am not sure why, but I do. Perhaps it is because you are not blind to so many things, you are more aware of yourself than any of them, even the McGhees, though they are well respected, even by me… they have lost that sense of absolute purpose in the quest for balance. They try, sure, however their own pursuits veil the truth of what is happening on there.”

She looked over at him again and spoke, “I would ask that you allow me to fight by your side when the time comes, and it will come. The battle we are about to enter into is going to be incredibly horrific, I don’t know if they know how difficult it is going to be. I believe that if you and I work together however, we can achieve more than if we fight apart…”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 ErichBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AnnetteBanner

Annette looked at Carla and smiled softly, “It is a rare thing lass, for on of the human race to have their eyes opened to what is happening all around them. Humanity tends to live a very insulated existence, and on the few occasions that a humans eyes were opened the results have been very mixed. You are a strong woman, very strong in fact to be exposed in such a manner and still have a heart to remain and even fight for balance.

Annette looked from Carla to Kain, and finally to Erich, “I do believe we might find something that would help in this situation.”

Erich tapped his chin thoughtfully and looked at Carla, “Aye, and I could have it ready on short notice.”

Annette turned and looked at Carla, “We have some old armor weave, it is a unique blend of materials designed for magic users who can not wear metal. I think it would be the best material as your body is not conditioned for heavier materials. Armor weave would give you the best introduction to wearing protective clothing. It is heavier than what I assume you are normally used to, however the change will be minimal. It is flexible and comfortable, and it will allow you to blend in with others without too much concealment. As for a weapon, I think we can help you there too, tell me lass, have you ever used any kind of weapon? Even just one time?”
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Carla couldn’t help but laugh, “A strong woman. You hear that, Kain?”

“You’ve had a rough introduction and taken to it well.” Kain agreed, “Though they are not offering you means to protect yourself with without good reason. It’s probably the wine, but don’t take this lightly.”

“You’re right, this wine does bring out the best in me.” She said and tittered.

“How about your experience with weapons?”

“I’ve got a fair share of experience with shooting, I’ll have you know. My father insisted. Gave me a handgun for my birthday, for crying out loud. Just a little one to tuck in my purse. To keep me safe.” Carla said and groaned; “I unwrapped it, thanked him with a kiss on the cheek, put it back in the box and shoved it in a closet. It’s probably still there. Can you believe that? What a father I have. Begged for a pony for a decade and I end up with a pistol…”

“Heh, uh, sounds protective.” Kain thought.

“Hah, yeah, he probably thought the pony was too dangerous. Could have broken my neck or something, right? My mother used to fence and my father used to judo, but I didn’t get to do either. I was forced to do ballet and shoot at cans.”

“… Ok then…” Kain wasn’t sure how to respond and decided to take a long sip from his drink.

Last edited by Kutsu Shita on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 pm

He blinked as she named him a rare thing he laughed great bellows at the end of her speech she stayed emotionless before him as he let his hand slowly pull the axe. "I have been made, fashioned maybe even guilded into the man I am today long ago I would bicker and laugh at the idea of balance my family forced this gritted opinion on us I left believing it fool hardy."

The axe came loose finally as he began to wipe the black congealed blood with a rag hanging off the back of his belt. "I experimented my liegence fighting in both good and evil era's... I may be sure of myself kimiko but I must warn you the divination you gave.. I pray no force of light rises to fight alone otherwise I may have to face many here the true horror of neutrality as I fear some here have a personal tie to the demise of these druids."

She stood before him and for all his laughing and jokes he was almost a immoral man he did not know if she saw him dishonourable. "Or do you believe I take the balance too far as my siblings believed?" He understood if she wanted revenge for her own brother as he remembered his moments of emergence and sighed a little. "You have my trust kimiko and it wont be sudden if I decide to reassert the balance." Smiling she had found an allie for now but she knew he held the balance highly something in his eye spoke of sacrifices for balance.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 ErichBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AnnetteBanner

Annette looked at Carla as she made light of things, however given the girls rapid introduction to the events laying before them and the fact that she had already drank a bottle and a half of wine Annette let it go. She looked at Erich and raised a gentle eyebrow, “Tomorrow, when the lass is sober, take her to the range and show her what we have, and make sure she knows what she is doing… I don’t want anyone taking a round because of inexperience.”

She looked back at Carla and spoke, “I mean you no disrespect lass, but before I allow you to wield a firearm around my children, or anyone that I have hosted in my home for that matter,  I need to know that you can hit what you are aiming at.”

She looked at Kain and spoke, “As for yourself Master Punkie, should you be needing anything, ANYTHING at all, please do not hesitate to ask it of us. Time is of the essence and we can’t be letting any sort of pride or apprehension get in the way of getting the job done. I assure you that anything you need and that we can provide will not be a burden to us.”

She looked back at Carla and smiled, “Until the morrow then.”

She turned and locked her arm with Erich’s, disappearing from the entertaining hall.

As he asked his question, "Or do you believe I take the balance too far as my siblings believed?", Kimiko looked up at him. Her eyes lingered a moment on his own and she stepped forward, “Balance can not be taken too far great warrior, never, EVER.”

She stepped back and he would see the conviction in her eyes was not for the sake of herself, or the group, or even the races, it was for the balance of this world. She looked at him and spoke again, “The scales must never tip, that is the way of our people Dietrich, those that walk in the middle. My brother new that, I know that, we learned it from our parents and our grandparents and the hundreds of generations that preceded us. What I do I do not do for myself but for those that will follow me, our lives are but a fading mist, blowing in the reeds. As the sun comes the mist burns away, as will our lives, but the sun moves across the sky, sets and rises again… IT goes on, the world goes on, we can only hope to affect the time we are here, and that is what I intend to do. These Druids have tipped the scale to darkness and shadow, I will do all I can to see that those scales are brought back to level.”

He would see it in her body language, she was committed to neutrality and balance, above and beyond all things.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AuroraBannerAurora slept fitfully throughout the night, nightmares of her mother invading her dreams. Her whimpers and cries would wake Beau who would press his furry body into hers, nuzzling her with her nose until she woke up. She would wrap her arms around the spirit wolf and then fall back to asleep. She would wake later again by the nightmares only to have Beau be there.

Early the next morning she woke and was slow to get out of bed, exhaustion still clinging to her. She went through her morning routine of taking a shower, brushing her teeth, etc. Back in her bedroom she dressed all in black in mourning for her mother, dressed in black jeans, black cashmere sweater and black boots. Standing before the mirror she brushed out her long hair, grabbing a lock about the thickness of her index and middle finger at her left temple, braided it and then tied it off at the end with a very thin piece of leather. Taking a pair of scissors, she cut it off close to the scalp while tears cascaded down her cheeks. She then went over to the bow and quiver of arrows that was wrapped in a treated sealskin Ean had given to her for when they traveled to wrap the bow and quiver of arrows in. It was tied shut with three, thin strips of treated sealskin. She untied one end of it where the quiver lay and tied the lock of braided hair to it, lovingly stroking it.

"I am sorry for what I said to you, Momma. I hope that wherever you are you can forgive me and know that I love you and I always will."

She then tied the sealskin closed, protecting the bow and quiver and stood up. She looked around, glad she'd packed the night before. Grabbing her small bag and the wrapped bow and quiver of arrows she headed down the stairs, placing the bag and sealskin package at the end of the couch out of the way. Turning, she listened to see if anyone was up and heard them upstairs just starting to move around.

She went into the kitchen and started breakfast. She wasn't as good of a cook as Lexy but she was fair. She fixed scrambled eggs with bacon, onion and green peppers. Then she fixed toast and sausages and put some biscuits into the oven. She turned hearing the clearing of a voice and saw Ean standing in the doorway of the kitchen. She had faded dark circles beneath her eyes and it was obvious that she'd not slept well. Beau came lumbering in, nudging Ean's hand as he stood next to the big man, Eryn already on the perch with Whispy.

"I fixed breakfast. It's not as good as what Lexy fixes but I hope it will do."

Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:00 am

“You should watch me, Annette.” Carla said taking her words as a challenge, “Come watch me tomorrow, and I’ll shoot all your cans…”

“I’ll think about my equipment.” Kain said as soon as Carla allowed it, “I’ve always traveled light, but I’ve also never been up against a threat like this.”

“… Or silhouettes of people… Or pop-up cutouts.” Carla continued.

“Alright, alright, Carla. We’ll see about all of that in the morning.” Kain said and ushered her away.

“Whatever you’ve got! Come see, both of you. All of you.” She called out before letting Kain escort her back to her room.

On the way over Kain retrieved his extendable rod from his pocket and wondered about the equipment he might need.

“What’s that?” Carla wondered.

“My extendable rod. Sure, it might not look like much, but trust me, you don’t want to get a whacking from it, especially when I charge it.” Kain said and went to demonstrate.

He pressed the small button at the base and with a flick of the wrist the rod extended, though it didn’t quite go the entire distance.

“Hmmm… It might be in need of some lubrication.” He noted, which for some reason made Carla laugh uncontrollably. “What!?”

“Master Punkie’s extendable rod needs lubrication.” She said mockingly and immediately started laughing again.

“How is that funny?” He said as he manually extended the rod to its fullest.

“Is that like injerrendo?

“What? No, no, no, no. No innuendo! I haven’t used it in forever, it needs some oil. God, you are drunk. You’d better not be all hung over tomorrow.” Kain said and collapsed the rod again.

“I’ll be fiiiine.” Carla assured him as they arrived at the door to her room. "... Your rod on the other hand..." She said and laughed yet again.

“Alright, get some sleep and I’ll see you in the morning.” Kain said as he closed the door while Carla staggered towards her bed while giggling, most likely to keel over and collapse immediately.

Kain stood in the hallway for a moment looking at the rod in his hand. He once more pushed the button and flicked it and found it barely extending at all. He pushed it back and tried again. So there he stood, in the hallway, trying to extend his rod. (No, we’re not talking about an erectile dysfunction, let it go)
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:35 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 EanBanner

As Aurora turned and looked at Ean he smiled and walked over, kissing her on the forehead softly, “Thank you lass, I am sure that Lexy will appreciate your gesture.” As she looked at him she would notice that he was in his full kilt and jacket, something she had not yet seen. He looked dashing in his clan colors, his entire kit from head to toe was perfect, every line of the tartan straight.

He smiled and spoke, “I have something I need to take care of, I will see you shortly.”

Without another word he walked out the backdoor and disappeared out of sight. As Aurora watched him she suddenly heard a gentle throat clearing behind her. As she turned Lexy and Elizabeth were standing before her. Both were wearing long, black wool skirts that went all the way to the floor and hid their bare feet. They were wearing crisp, white tops and sashes of their clan tartan, pinned at the chest and the bottom with their clan crests. Lexy stepped forward and spoke softly, “Come sister.”

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 ElizabethBanner

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 LexyBanner

She took Aurora by the elbow and escorted her outside. Aurora turned to Elizabeth and looked at her in bewilderment but Elizabeth only smiled sadly. Lexy escorted her beyond the barn. Just past where the hillside starts Ean turned and looked at her, he smiled. Behind him were three men, one with a drum and two with pipes. As he turned and looked at her the drum major began to rattle at his instrument and the pipes drones began to hum as the pipers punched the airbags. Suddenly funeral hymns filled the air, blasting loudly off the hillside. As Aurora approached, Ean looked at her and spoke over the sound of the music, “We could no leave without giving your Mum a proper send off lass. Though she is no here, we can still place a marker in her honor aye?”

He turned and looked, a small stone, about a meter high and a third of a meter wide stood, freshly placed in the peat. On it was a large dream catcher, and carved into it was Aurora’s mothers name and the arrowhead symbol of House Hiawatha. Ian turned to look back at Aurora, “I figure, if a piece of her is here, it will bring you comfort.”

He smiled as she approached and hugged him, Lexy and Lizzy locked elbows and simply stayed in silence as the pipes played for about fifteen minutes, finishing with “Amazing Grace”. As the pipers and drum major stepped back and bowed their heads Ean looked at Aurora, “I just hope that we can have clear heads, knowing there was a proper good bye.”

He smiled and hugged Aurora tightly.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AuroraBannerAurora was dumbfounded until Ean explained what was going on and her dark eyes welled up with tears once more. She stood within Ean's strong, comforting arms, silent tears falling as she stared at the marker with her mother's name on it along with the dreamcatcher and symbol of their family. She listened to the beautiful bagpipes and drum, soft sobs coming from her when they finished with Amazing Grace, one of her mother's favorite songs. Once it was over and Ean spoke again, she looked up at him then felt herself being gathered into his strong embrace as he hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you so much, Ean MacGregor. Thank you for this".

She leaned back, her large doe eyes still shining with tears her face wet with them as she stood up on tiptoe and kissed him softly then turned to walk over to her two sisters of the heart and hugged both of them. Then she surprised the three men with the bagpipes and drum and kissed each one of them on their cheeks, thanking them for coming to play for someone they didn't know. All three blushed, turning to Ean and silently letting him know that he had a rare gem loving him.

Once done, she went to the stone and knelt before it her delicate fingers tracing the name and symbols as more tears fell again.

"Forgive me Momma....for my last words to you. I know you kept things from me for my own protection now. A piece of my soul has gone with you just as a piece of yours has stayed with me. I love you, Momma and I always will. Be at peace. May your wigwam always be warm with fire and your heart always be filled with love."

She stood then, walking back to Ean where Beau now stood with Eryn perched on his shoulder which was a sight. Eryn never perched on anyone but Aurora and it showed just how much the spirit guide thought of Ean now. When Aurora went to Ean's side, his arm coming around her waist to anchor her to him it was a sight to see and even the three men saw it. Standing before them was the Mohican princess and greatest bearer of the bow ever for her half druid blood. Melded to her was one of the greatest warriors ever to be born in the Sentinel race and on his right shoulder was a great spirit guide in the form of a beautiful bird of prey and next to him also on his right side was another spirit guide in the form of a large gray wolf with Aurora on his left close to his heart. Then Lexy and Lizzy joined them, Lexy standing next to Beau with Whispy on her left shoulder and Lizzy next to Aurora. An aura suddenly encircled them in the colors of lavender, green, blue and a beautiful orange. The lavender for Lizzy and her magic, the green for Lexy and her healing, the blue for Ean and his protective nature and the orange for Aurora and her ties to the Earth. It was as if the Powers That Be had decreed that the four of them together along with the spirit guides would be a force to reckoned with. But it also showed that they were all now truly family....truly a team....they were as one with Aurora and Ean at the center.

Aurora felt it and looked up at Ean, love shining in her eyes for him then she looked at Eryn sitting on his shoulder and smiled at her. She took Lizzy's hand and motioned for Ean to take Lexy's hand, Beau lifting his head so that his nose was touching Ean and Lexy's joined hands. She didn't know where the words came from, only that she knew them.

"We are as one now. One soul....one heart....one force. I am yours, Ean MacGregor as you are mine. And in turn I am Lizzy's and Lexy's as they are mine also. We are as one."

When she spoke, her dark eyes brightened for the time that she spoke then went back to normal but her words somewhat bonded them together along with the aura that surrounded them. It also bonded the spirit guides to all of them instead of just one.

"Ean, if it's possible and doable, I would ask something of you. Before this battle", she looked down at her hands, wringing them together in her sign of nervousness. "I did some research and saw a ceremony that joins two people for a year and a day." She looked back up at him, "Could we do that? Would you want to do that? If there is time before this upcoming battle with Arawela and her father. And if you choose not to, that's okay too", she quickly added, wanting him to know that she wouldn't be upset if he chose not to. But she stood there, waiting to see what he would say, knowing that she may be out of line for asking this and that it may be too soon for such a strong commitment.

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 The_li10Lillly stood there still looking up at Sionn, still somewhat shellshocked by the kiss. Her odd colored eyes stared up into his green ones when she did something she never thought she'd do. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him softly before backing away, blushing a bright pink. She had no idea what this meaned and it confused the hell out of her.

"Sionn? What is it ye want from me? I don't want to be dallied with."

She stood there, looking at him.....her heart beating as if it would beat out of her chest, waiting for his answer. She had feelings for Sionn....and they'd grown strong but she didn't want to be hurt.

"Tell me, Sionn.....I will no longer keep this to meself. I have feelings for ye.....more than just a friend, but ye have told me about yer reputation. I doona want to be a notch on yer belt. So tell me.....is that kiss just that, a kiss? Or is there something more to it?"

The one thing about Lilly was that she didn't usually mince words. She had something to say so she said it.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Ean looked at Aurora as she asked her question and he smiled softly, “A Handfasting…”

He looked at Elizabeth and then to Lexy who had gasped in an obvious sound of glee. He smiled softly and then turned his eyes back to Aurora, “I suppose there is no better time for this than now…”

He reached into his sporran and removed a gold ring, twisted like a celtic knot and finished at the top with a small sapphire twisted into the knot at the top, “I know it is no much in terms of size, but I thought, if you were…” she would be able to see his face going pale and he exhaled softly, “Well… I…”

“Ean.”

He turned quickly and looked at Elizabeth, she gestured to the ground with a soft giggle. He looked back at Aurora and went flush, “Oh .. aye.”

He got down on one knee and lifted the ring to her, “Aurora, would you… will you, marry me?”

He saw the look of surprise and shock in her eyes, it was most likely the last thing she was expecting, “I mean, traditionally, since you brought it up, a Handfasting was an engagement period, for a year and a day… since you were thinking if I would or would no enter into that bond with you, perhaps this will answer your question.”

He smiled broadly, his bearded face spread wide in anticipation, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 SionnBanner

Sionn looked over at Lilly, leaning into her slightly, his hands on the wall on either side of her, not holding her there forcefully, but certainly keeping her in place. As she asked her question and looked at him he remained silent a moment, looking at her… “Truth is lass… I don’a know.”

He sighed and stepped back, his back coming in contact with the hallway wall behind him. He looked up at her and he spoke, “Every relationship I have entered, I have ruined. Sometimes on accident…” he looked up at her, “Most often… on purpose.”

He watched her face and spoke softly, “I just…, well you are so beautiful, so delicate and beautiful, I…” he sighed heavily and looked at the floor again, his face clearly full of sadness, “I do find you attractive too, I did what I did because of that, not out of any sort of intent to cause you despair or harm. I donn’a want to hurt you Lilly, I promise you that. To answer your question though, I can walk into this saying it will last a long time, even forever, but I have no precedent to back up a claim like that…”

She would see the sincerity in his face, his sadness gave away the truth to his words. He looked up at her now, his eyes slightly welled up with tears, “I am sorry, I should no have kissed you until I knew the answers to those sorts of questions.”
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 7:43 pm

He laughed a little before nodding. "Never taken too far she says." Seeming to talk to himself as he slowly moved to his coat picking it up as he slid it over his shoulder with the axe as he turned to Kimiko as he nodded slowly. "Sacrifice can bring great purpose, power or simply tragedy... Be mindful of that was this your brother intentions when he went or was it blind courage?" He slowly began to move the hour was getting late he had watched some lights flicker off along the rooms above the courtyard. "Just never do something you will regret and force yourself to believe in balance Kimiko... I know myself, I know my cause but I once knew nothing but the cause.... it can torture a man.... or woman." Remembering to add it in as he raised his hand as he proceeded what she may have considered an escape from his last statement.

He moved between the doors and avoided most sounds of people as he rubbed at the bridge of his nose as he smiled a true follower of balance she was and she was committed he saw no deep seated revenge for her brother but the druids like she said were powerful enough to probably guarantee that she could fight them he sighed as he got close to his room. Maybe he would risk the shower again and pray this time he didn't attempt another personal best at speed and enjoy it without flashbacks of almost dieing in that shack he began to hum an old Norse marching song this all reminded him of the time another druid hoping to sink an entire section of the ice caps believing it would reveal 'Atlantis' as read from the books... Why couldn't they just be greedy and go for the city of gold and save Dietrich having to be on edge he laughed at that. Sliding into his room he locked the door as he slid out the clothes another time today he was on a roll maybe he should do a hairy fashion gala big foots exhibition... another hearty rumble as he slid into a shower before collapsing in the bed still wondering how these few days would play out.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 am

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 AuroraBannerAurora was indeed shocked when Ean got down onto one knee, her hand going to her mouth, covering it as once again tears slid down her cheeks only this time they were tears of joy.  Once he finished asking her to marry him she stood there for a minute or two before she lowered her hand nodding her head.

"Yes.....YES, I'LL MARRY YOU!!"

She then watched as he gently pushed the ring onto her left ring finger before she threw herself into his arms as he still kneeled, knocking him over with herself landing on top of him.  She proceeded to kiss him all over his face while she laughed.

"And this ring is perfect....I love it and I wouldn't want anything different, Ean MacGregor."

After a few minutes she rolled off him, hearing the chuckles and laughter from the three musicians and Lizzy and Lexy, blushing a bright pink beneath her golden skin.  She stood up, waiting for Ean to stand before wrapping her slim arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"You have made me the happiest woman in the world, Ean......and this was perfect.  To propose to me in front of Momma's memorial.  She would have loved you.  I love you.....so much it hurts sometimes."

Her eyes were shining with love as her cheeks glowed while she looked up at him and then turned to Lizzy and Lexy who were both smiling and laughing, tears running down their cheeks as well.

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 The_li10

Lilly couldn't hide her hurt at Sionn's words but she was also grateful for his honesty.  She was thoughtful for a moment before she spoke to him.

"Sionn, I thank ye for yer honesty and I too find you attractive.....very attractive and I have feelings for ye.  But, ye have a reputation and no' a good one at that yet ye didn't say tha' ye couldna' have a true relationship."

She looked down for a second before turning eyes that were now a beautiful mint green, smiling at him.

"If'n ye ever want to kiss me again, Sionn McGhee, make sure tha' ye want a relationship with me before ye do.  The next time I will be prepared and if'n it's not a relationship ye be wanting then ye just might find yerself on the receiving end of me fist.  With tha' being said, I will see ye in the morning when ye take me to town so tha' I can have me blades made and clothing tha' I will be needing."

She was still hurt but she'd also heard what he didn't say and he didn't say that he could never have a true relationship which to her meant there was hope.   She turned around then, holding the mahogany box in her hands and left him standing there.  What he didn't see was the single crystal tear that fell down her cheek as she made her way to her bedroom, the young woman part of her that was waking up hoping that he would come after her and the other part of her that was still a loner hoping that he wouldn't.  It was quite the confusing time for her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Ean laughed as Aurora pushed him to the ground, returning her kisses and affections. As they stood back up he lifted his hand to Lizzy and Lexy, the two sisters ran over and Lexy squealed as she grabbed Aurora around the neck and squeezed her tightly, tears of joy streaming down her face. Elizabeth, in her usual reserved manner, hugged Aurora and gave a very warm smile as she spoke, “Welcome to the clan sister.”

The Pipers kicked up a few cèilidh tunes to celebrate the jovial atmosphere and finally after thirty minutes or so Ean turned to the Pipers, “Thank you friends, for lifting our spirits a while.”

He turned to Aurora and spoke with a smile, “We donn’a have time to perform a true Handfasting, however I promise we will.”

He then looked to his sisters, “I suppose we need to go eat that Breakfast that Aurora lovingly prepared aye?” He turned to the Pipers and Drum Major, “Come lads, my FIANCE has prepared us breakfast!”

The group went inside and Lexy rewarmed the food as Aurora sat on the couch, leaning against Ean, constantly looking at the ring on her finger. Elizabeth sat beside the Young Drum Major, laughing as he told her stories and jokes, it was clear that she fancied him, her mannerisms were more flirtatious than Aurora had ever seen. Finally Lexy yelled, “FOOD!”

The group went to the table, laughed, talked, and had their fill.

Two hours later, after the company had left, Ean looked at the three ladies, “Well, we’ve a long drive today, I suppose we should all go get ready. I will see you all in one hour, we will bind the property for protection, and head to the McGhees, I told Sionn we would be there by dinner this evening.”

He smiled and traced a finger along Aurora’s cheek as he left the table, looking back lovingly as he went up stairs. Lexy looked over at Aurora as she turned her attention back to those in the room. With a smile Lexy spoke, “Looks like you might get to find out more about that bed sharing sooner than you thought aye?”

Elizabeth swatted Lexy on the shoulder and Lexy recoiled in mock pain, “LEXY! Leave her be!”

Elizabeth turned to Aurora, “On behalf of my uncouth sister, I apologize,” she looked back at Lexy with a furrowed brow and stood, walking upstairs to her bedroom to change. It was obvious to Aurora that Lexy had not shared their conversation with Elizabeth and she wouldn’t know the context of the joke. Lexy turned and looked at Aurora and smiled, “Don’t worry about ‘ol stuffy, she a wee bit oversensitive.”

With a wink she stood and smiled, “Come Whipsy, we’ve some preparations to do.”

Whipsy jumped off her perch and flew across the house and up the stairs, Lexy following her with haste to her room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation   Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 8 - The Inauguration of Desolation
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: