Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
serredeth

serredeth

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Pirabanner

She noticed a moment of hesitation before he went to his work but being well aware of the challenge involved in Rorie's task Piramay had departed. Alchemy had been something of an interest to her in her younger years so she had an idea of what Rorie was concocting in his lab. She of course had her own custom brews like any caster worth their salt, and if given the proper time and instructions she could brew just about anything. The potion Rorie was creating was far more complex though than most of the items she had ever brewed. Admitedly she was curious how this would turn out.

With little more to do she spent the better part of the first day gathering gear for their trip, packs, gear, and most importantly travel worn clothes to look the part of refugees. She also took the time to study the map searching for a place for them to portal to. They would have to do it from at least a days travel from the city to not raise alarm at the tower. Kali would probably be paying attention for ripples in the magical flow and adding a little road dirt to their clothes would be a good idea as well.

Once the clothing and gear was set she went to her own study and began work on several scrolls. Laying out several pieces of parchment she placed the reagents for each spell upon the page and one by one she ground the ingredients down and formed them into an ink. She uttered the words of magic as she poured the inks onto their pages and watched the spells write themselves upon each page. When she was done there was a set of scrolls for both of them. Scrolls of protection, teleportation, blinding, smoke. All were defensive in nature and all could activated with a word.

Looking up from her work she noted that Rorie would be done soon. Tapping her hand upon her chin she stripped off her robes down to her black dress with crimson inlay. The heat of the cavern was comforting enough she even walked with her feet bare. The warmth of the stone pressing against her feet brought a content smile to her face as she left her study. Her first stop was to put together a placing of food for them as she realized she had not eaten and Rorie likely hadn't either.

She departed from the placement and arrived at Rorie's room as he had finished. The look of satisfaction was clear on his face and he looked ragged. Her eyes drifted to the vials as he motioned to them and noticed that he had even clearly marked them. As she had thought it was a two stage polymorphing potion. It was truly an impressive piece of work. He spoke in his worn voice and she chimed in to finish for him "on our path..."

She walked up to the vials looking at them closely but not touching. "A most impressive piece of work Rorie... " She turned with her right eyebrow raised slightly. "That being said you have the look of a man that is in need of both sustenance and rest. I have taken the liberty of seeing to both of these accommodations." A mirthful smile played across her lips as she slipped passed him heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Color_10It had been days since Tara had last seen Gideon and even longer since she'd seen Tanjee. She'd not been able to discuss anything with her sister by heart but her dreams had returned. She'd misunderstood the first dreams and now she knew that she was not one quarter Northern Elf but a direct descendant of the prince of the Northern Elves. She was the last remaining descendant to them, but she also was not a true Ulengard either. Who her parents were still remained a mystery that only Tynen could answer.

As the days had worn on, she'd visited Curtis, making sure that his recovery was going well while trying to get to the bottom of who'd hurt the boy. It was nothing but dead ends at every turn, no one knowing anything. Even Curtis wasn't sure what had happened, only that someone had hurt him.

She'd also continued to visit James, asking questions and getting answers one minute and riddles the next. The council could not prove that what James' had done was against any of the laws, based only on suspicions but he was put on a type of a parole, having to check in to one certain guardsman every evening at six. If he did not show at any time, then he was back in the stockade without question. Once released, the first person he went to see was Tara and even though a part of her was glad to see him there was still that part of her that knew something was not right with her friend. Still, to keep a better eye on him, she invited him back to help with the children.

As the days went along, she worried about Tanjee and Gideon, wondering what was happening and shy she'd not seen them. It was on one such day that she chose to take a ride out beyond the gates to clear her head. What she didn't know what that James was keeping a close eye on her as well and was paying a easily swayed young guard to help him get messages to the outside as he did that day after having found out that Tara was going riding beyond the gates.

Tara had saddled her favorite mare, Moonlight, and having gained permission to ride beyond the gates a short distance she left Heartlund to enjoy the day and gather her thoughts. It wasn't long before James came riding up beside her.

"Is everything okay, Tara? Ye seem distracted today and worried."

"Aye, James....all is fine. Just a lot on me mind of late."

"I see then. Would ye mind then if I be joining ye or would ye rather ride alone, m'lady?"

"Nay, James....ye may ride with me if ye wish. I am not going far, just to the river tis all."

They rode on in silence, Tara watching James out of the corner of her eye, trying to determine if he were indeed sincere in is worry for her or just watching her. They made it to the river where the water was currently running slowly, the sound of it in itself soothing to her. She dismounted Moonlight, letting her wander to munch on the sweet grass growing at the bank while she sat down on a stump.

"What troubles ye, Tara? Talk to me. We were once as close as brother and sister, ye and I were."

Tara gave him a small smile, "Aye....that we were, James. Maybe we can be again soon", she said to him, wanting to give him hope that she would be as she once was with him. She saw the smile cross his face and turned back to the water. She looked up into the trees, wondering if what she'd heard had been true and quite a few of the elves had left to return to Silvanost for the time being. Thinking along those lines had her missing Tanjee and wishing she were her to give her counsel.

She turned upon hearing footsteps, seeing a familiar face come out of the treeline. It was Tynen.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 RorieBlack

Rorie was grateful for the food Piramay offered, he took it without hesitation, knowing she would see he trusted her. Of course, he had no real reason not to trust her, she brought him back of her own volition, not at his behest, and though he knew that these sorts of things always came at a price, he was not going to linger on it for now, if anything he knew it would come to light after the tasks she wanted to be completed, were completed. Inwardly he knew that he had his own reasons to use her as well, and as he had been working the last couple days it bemused him to know that their relationship was based on what the other could acquire by working together. It was selfishness defined, and he was comfortable with it, in fact he was grateful for it, but it did not mean he wasn’t taking precautions just in case.

He had known plenty about Piramay in his time with the Dark Queen. She was known for her abilities, her personal brand of magic, and even her cruelty when it was needed. But he knew she was also loyal to those whom she partnered with, at least for as long as she needed them.

He ate in silence, the grey leaving his face as he nourished himself. As he finished he pushed the plate a few inches from himself before taking a long draw of water off he glass she had provided and looked at her, “I thank you Piramay, as I am sure you have experienced in your own projects, one does not know they are hungry until the task is finished, and then it seems to hit like a flood.”

He took some time to explain the potions, how the work, and how they could be unworked with the antidote, “The magic will be completely undetectable, but we will still remain who we are, and will continue to be so, even if we never take the antidote. We will not lose our abilities, and we will still maintain all the same strengths, and weaknesses, so we must plan accordingly. With that said, I feel that we should leave the antidote vials here so they remain safe, and there is no way for them to be lost, stolen, or broken. Though I am comfortable with the idea of becoming who I am not to accomplish what I want… I have become rather attached to my appearance, as I have to yours.” He could see she understood fully but he left it at that. He was not going to complicate things by dipping his toe into those waters, and the lack of sleep had caused his inhibitions to lower, normally he would not mention such things.

He did not seem or act the slightest bit flushed over what he said however, and he stood, stretching his back and walking over to where she had gathered their things for the journey. Looking them over he nodded in satisfaction. With a glance over his shoulder he spoke, “I don’t see anything missing or out of sorts, it is nice to work with someone who is as precise as I in details of what a trip requires.” He turned now facing her, a sarcastic smile crossing his face, “Now if you will excuse me Piramay, I think I will go sleep for 24 hours. I believe after a long rest I will be ready to make the world burn.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 3gafcx10

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Color_10

"Hello little sister...you are looking well", Tynen said with a warm smile.  His eyes were soft instead of the hard blue they'd been during the battle weeks ago and Keatara felt her heart skip a beat with hope for her beloved brother.  As James drew his dagger, standing close to her Tynen held up his hands, "I mean no one any harm...I just wish to see my sister and see for myself that she is alive and well", he said to James.  

James cast a glance at Keatara who nodded to him as he sheathed his dagger.  "What is it ye wish of me, Tynen?  The last time I saw ye...ye fooled me."  As much as she wanted her brother to return to her as he once was, Tara wasn't foolish enough to believe that all was well with him as she stood guarded and wary.

"I have worried about ye since the battle, Tara.  I feared that ye didn't survive and have risked me own life sticking close to Heartlund in hopes that I would hear word about ye.  When I spotted ye leaving the city I had to risk seeing ye for meself."

He seemed so sincere...so much like the brother she'd one known that she began to waver just a little.  "I be okay, Tynen....I live.  But what about ye?  Why...after all these years would ye suddenly worry about me?"

James stood watch, making sure that no one came running to her defense seeing Tynen.  So far...no one came and he could see by the look in her eyes that what Tynen had planned was working.  

"After the battle, Tara....after seeing ye in so much pain because of that witch I felt something I'd not felt for a long time.  I saw me little sister, Tara.  And I saw that I could not help ye.  I worried so badly about ye that I made meself sick.  I just had to see ye.....for meself."

Tara's eyes welled up with tears at his words but she didn't move any closer to him, still not trusting him.  "I love ye, Tara...that has never changed.  I just forgot how to show it...how to feel it.  Can ye forgive me?"

She turned to look at James who was still standing vigilant, as if he were watching out for her when he was really making sure no one came and spotted Tynen.  He gave her a look of sympathy before she turned back to Tynen.  "I can forgive ye, brother....but I canna forget so easily.  I have always loved ye, Tynen.....but ye should go.  Go before they come and take ye."  She knew that she should cry out.....send some kind of alarm that he was there but she found that she couldn't.  She couldn't help but hope that what she was seeing with her brother was real.  That he was on his way back to her and away from the Dark Goddess.  Tears trailed down her cheeks as she took a step back to him taking a step towards her.  "Nay, Tynen...don't come any closer.  I canna have you too close.  Just go.  Ye have seen me....now go.  Remember that I love ye.....that I pray ye will find ye'er way back to me, brother."

Without saying another word, she turned, giving a low whistle for Moonlight.  The beautiful white mare came to her with a nicker, nuzzling her chest.  When she turned back around, Tynen was gone and her tears fell.  James came up to her, laying a supporting hand on her shoulder.  "Ye be alright, Tara?  What would ye have me do?  We should return and let the guard know that Tynen was here."

She wiped her eyes, turning them up to James, "Nay....not yet.  Let's not say anything just yet, James."  Her eyes filled with a sad hope, "Maybe he trying to find his way back to me, James.  If he be doing that.....I canna risk them killing him before he has a chance."  Deep down she knew that what she was doing was wrong....that she should tell the guard upon returning, but a part of her was hopeful that her words would be true.  

She didn't see James' smile as he mounted his own horse, knowing that it had worked.  Tara would return to this spot again and again in hopes of seeing her brother.....in hopes that he could still be saved.  And she didn't see Tynen hiding in the trees, with the very same smile on his face, his blue eyes hard as ice once more.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Pirabanner

She remained silent but attentive through both the meal and Rorie's explanation of the potions. She was impressed with the work he had done of course knowing that this was not an easy potion to brew. A rather substantial level of complexity was involved but it was no surprise given the effects he wanted to produce. There were many unknowns about the trip they intended to make and both were preparing in their own way.

"As they say, success favors the prepared mind..."

She let her hands slip over the various pieces of gear as she watched Rorie examine everything. Fifth had been efficient but he lacked a certain attention to detail that Rorie showed. His approach to their mission was more practical in her mind and less clandestine than her former protege would have made it. Ultimately there was no telling were their partnership would go but for the moment it was adequate. She was brought from her thoughts as Rorie mentioned rest.

"Rest will be most important master Padraig..." Slipping around the table she came up to Rorie's side with a devilish smile. "Let us make sure that your accommodations are in order so that you might enjoy a... restful... sleep."She hooked her arms around his and drew him away from the table and away from the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4