Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Pela

"Ela'Le'Luna.....Luna"

She repeated the name a few times as she studied the pendant.  Finally she took a deep breath and looked over at Frostgale.

"I will take your words to heart and do all I can to convince the counsel to make the move.  I agree, it will send a clear message to all of Krynn.  I just hope we can have the element of surprise.  While I know Nethermen can be very sneaky when need be, the Knights have been known to have a few tricks up their sleeve."

She looked at the tent opening then looked back to him.

"They will suspect you when they realize what is happening.   They already mistrust you only not as much as they distrust me simply because you are a magic user,  but they will look for you all over Krynn until they find you.  Although I'm sure they will have a difficult time finding you after today."

There was a slight tug at the corners of her mouth as she smiled at him.  Finally giving the pendant a longing look one more time, she handed it back to Frostgale.

"I am ready for them to return."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Frostgale listened to her and nodded his head, “You are right child, they are none to trusting of me, however thanks to this disguise, perhaps there is a way that we can both walk away with the advantage. I don’t fret them searching for me, let them look all they wish, this form will no longer appear, however if we were to strike a deeper chord of fear in them, something that will rattle them to their very bones…”

He took a few minutes to explain his plan, and Pela was impressed to say the least. As he looked at her one last moment he opened the tent flap and the two of them stepped into the field. Immediately all those around the tent assembled and Sir Thomas immediately broke the silence, “Well? Are you accepting of the only true option?”

He turned to Wallace, “Did you show her the only choice is withdrawl?”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Pirabanner

With barely a nod to Nid'hug Piramay ascended towards the great doors before them. With a groan the doors opened protesting the action with a thunderous boom as they stopped. Stepping through the doorway a chill ran from the base of Piramay's spine up her back and then through out her entire body as she looked towards the sky. Above their heads and spanning out before them was a sea of souls.

Lines of the etherial souls wound in every direction, but they all weaved their way to the same place. In the distance sat the throne of Chemosh and upon it sat the Lord of Death. Souls were judges and sent to their final place of rest, the plane of their chosen diety or that of the condemned and abandoned. Piramay knew with absolute cerainty they did not belong here, no living mortal did. Tightening her grip on her staff she began moving forward.

Some time passed and Piramay remained silent but soon came to a halt. She turned to Nid'hug and as she thought the doors behind them had vanished. Looking back towards the throne she pursed her lips. "A seperate plane all its own... "

Looking back to Nid'hug she spoke in a quiet tone. "Our exit has left us and our goal yet remains the same distance. I would wager that the great god knows we are here, and that we now await his presence at his descretion." She looked once more towards the god being in the distance and lowered herself to the ground to wait. She had been in the presence of the Dark Queen and felt the power a dietic being radiated. In this place she could feel the power but it was spread out and vast. The presence on the throne would never meet with them as that was Chemosh's essence performing the duties laid upon him by the One. Instead she waited for the concentraited presnce of the god's avatar, the vessel that he used to comune with mortal beings.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:50 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 NidhugBanner

Nid’Hug followed his Mistress’ lead, when she paused, he paused, when she stopped he stopped, and when she finally knelt, he knelt. His observation of the throne, many stones throw off, gave him pause. He did his best not look, however he could not help himself, and when he chanced a view he felt as if his heart was being burned like paper. Immediately he diverted his eyes and swallowed hard.

He could feel the millions of souls, swirling over them like sharks in the water, yet there was no threat from them, however their anguish in their holding was palpable. The darkness in this place made the waiting all the more difficult, like a weight was slowly pressing down on him, crushing him like a grape about to be made into wine. He could sense Chemosh but then there was a crunching sound, like dried sticks in winter snapping under boot leather. Nid’Hug looked for the first time and realized that they were knelt not on ground, but on the bones of the dead, more than he could count. Many were already ground to powder, but many still were recognizable.

He exhaled slowly, the strength of his Mistress was his, if anything was to happen, though they were certainly at a disadvantage to say the least, he would defend her, and die for her. He had always said it, always believed it, but now that it was a reality he was nervous. As if sensing his fear Chemosh stopped before them and spoke, “You woman of fire… you are not he with whom I bargained, yet I feel him, as if he is with you. Explain yourself and your purpose where you do not belong.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 am

Pela leveled a cold, hard glare at Sir Thomas and spoke before Wallace could.

”Our conversation was none of your business, Sir Thomas. As for the only ‘true option’ you speak of, you are as narrow minded as the nose on your face. I will take your terms to the Counsel of Ten. Until then, you will retreat with your men and your tent back to where ever it is you need to retreat to. When we are ready to give you our answer, you will know.”

She turned her gaze to Wallace again.

”I thank you for your time and the candid nature of your conversation. I have learned a great deal. Until we meet again, Vanya sulie (fair winds)”

She turned then to Branch, Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale and gave them a nod. Mounting her horse, she spurred the creature into a dead run as fast as it would go and headed straight for the city, not slowing down as the gates were opened to allow her and her group entrance back into the city. Pulling the horse up hard at the Grand Chieftains lodge, she hastily entered and waited for the others to follow. AS soon as they were assembled, along with Olwa, she looked to Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale.

”Send scouts out to do border patrols but make sure they are extremely discreet. As soon as the scouts are out, send runners to all ten clans and tell them to prepare for war. We will need every available warrior we can spare. Gather the Counsel of Ten. We need to meet immediately.”

Everyone looked at her with concern, confusion and a bit of anxiousness. She leveled her gaze to each of them before her.

”After my conversation with Wallace, I fear the humans are using this time to gather a force….a sizeable force. We must prepare for the worst. If what I suspect is true, we need to be ready to strike tonight, when the moons are pale and darkness is on our side.”

Gore’Rock thumped his chest.

”I will send the scouts and runners right away, Chieftain.”

She looked to Blood’Scale then

”Your war blood will have its release, warlord, but we must make sure everything looks as though we are going on as normal here in the city. We cannot let the humans have any clue we even suspect they are up to no good.”

Blood’Scale gripped his club with his mighty fist and thumped his chest as well.

”The humans will not know what hit them, until they are a puddle at my feet, Chieftain”

She looked to Branch and Olwa then.

”Apparently there are lessons the Knights must still be taught.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 BranchBanner
Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 OlwaBanner

Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock moved quickly after Ice’Rock had given her commands. Immediately Blood’Scale went to the War Chiefs of the clans who were in the city and relayed the message from their Grand Chief. Even in her residence, Ice’Rock, Olwa and Branch could hear the whooping as the War Chiefs dispersed and made way to their clans. Due to the recent sacking and occupation of the city many of the majority of the warriors form the clans were still very near by, others would also be called in.

Gore’Rock went to the residencies of the Council, they were all in the city as there had been many councils held with the Grand Chief since Sanction was taken. As Gore’Rock moved and gathered them he felt a gladness in his heart, his Niece was as much a Nethermen as her father, his brother, ever was.

Branch turned and looked at Olwa and then Pela as the Nethermen left to do her command. She stepped up and looked at Pela and spoke, “We’s were beginning to feels anxieties Istar Ostring, You was in there long time with Wallace. What’s was hims words to you?”

Pela relayed the conversation now that the three of them were alone. It was obvious she still had hesitation about who Wallace really was working for, however WHAT he was was no longer in question. Branches narrow eyebrows moved down slightly and she nodded, “Hims words… they’s sounding sincere, but how woulds we know for sure?”

Olwa looked at them and spoke, “Sometimes you just have to take a chance.”

Branch turned and looked at him, “This’n a big things to be chancing Olwa! If’n this be a trap to ensnares us, thems would have us all in ones place, and knowing we’s were come.”

Olwa nodded softly and spoke, “True, however metallic dragons are aligned with the gods of light, the gods of good. They don’t deceive or lie readily, it’s not in their nature.”

“Unless thems switchin sides, it happens,” Branch cast a glance to Pela as she said it.

“Maybe, but then he would be routed by the Knights, their hearts are pursuing power and revenge, however they will still cling to Paladine.” Branch turned to look at him again as he spoke.

Shaking her head softly she turned back to Pela, “Whatever you’s be deciding, that’s what we be doing Istar Ostring. I’m not to advising one way or anothers, Mine bow, mine blades, they is yours no matter.”

Olwa spoke as well, “As are mine mel’amine, you know that.”

Pela nodded softly as Gore’Rocks staff thumped three times outside the entrance indicating he was back with the Council. The door opened and he walked in, the elders tightly in tow. As the stepped into the large common room which once belonged to the Mayor of Sanction they stood in the positions of the seven points of the Nethermen star and Gore’Rock walked to the middle, “This council is called to discuss the matter of the gathering we just had with the humans. Our glorious Grand Chieftain, proven in battle, hardened in blood, calls this council to discuss our next move.”

He turned to Pela and bowed deeply, all eyes in the room were now on her.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:52 am

Pela took Branch’s words to heart. She still wasn’t certain if she could really trust Wallace but she also knew if he was using her as part of some grand scheme to destroy the Nethermen, he was really doing a grand job of it. But she was wise enough to know not everything is always as it seemed which is why she made sure to keep her plans close to her breast and not share them entirely with Wallace.

As the Counsil gathered and looked to her for news and direction, she stood at the head of the star, severely dwarfed by the larger bodies of the Nethermen, and let her gaze settle on each War Chief. She relayed the terms that the Knights offered and the counter terms she offered. She did not polish any of her words when she explained how the Knights completely rejected her counter terms and were not welcome to entertaining anything but their own terms. She also relayed the fact Wallace had spoken to her at great length and she was given a warning from him if the terms the Knights were not agreed upon, they were fully prepared to strike Sanction. She didn’t go into the details Frostgale had given her making sure she did not let them know he told her outright. She knew they were intelligent and tactical enough to know if she felt the warning was credible, she would not have called this meeting.

”We must be prepared for an all out war at this point and knowing the Knights, they will have amassed a great many of their troops just beyond out normal borders thinking we would not be smart enough to expand out patrols. This is why I ask for your approval to send many of our warriors to the location where these Knights have camped and strike them hard and swiftly. As a wise man once told me, it would be a hard hammer blow that will resonate across the very heart of all the human lands. I will do what must be done to protect our people but I would like to do so knowing I have your support.”

The faces before her were stoic and showed no emotions, as was the Nethermen way. Their black, bottomless eyes seemed to bore straight though her. Finally, Gore’Rock stepped up and thumped his staff heavily on the floor.

”What is the Council’s vote on this matter?”

As he turned his eyes to each War Chief, they thumped their staff once each indicating an affirmative response to her request. Pela didn’t realize she had been holding her breath but when the tenth staff was thumped only once, she let it out and nodded.

”I thank you for your support. I know we will lose many good warriors by doing this but it is the unfortunate price of war we must pay if we are to make the humans understand they must not ever push us around again. Our time has come and we are here to stay. With or without their acceptance.”

As the War Chief’s disbanded and went back to their perspective lodges, Pela looked over at Gore’Rock and Blood’Scale.

”Prepare the warriors and send the first set of runners to prepare the clans for a possible attack on the humans and send the second set of runners as soon as the scouts return and let us know where the Knights are encamped. Once the enemy encampment is confirmed, we will have to move quickly and flank them on all sides. It is the only way we can make sure we will have a better chance than them.”

Gore’Rock looked to her and furrowed his massive brow.

”What of the Archmage, Grand Chieftain?”

Pela locked eyes with him.

”Leave him to me. I will keep him occupied enough so that he will not be able to cast upon the warriors.”

Blood’Scale started to protest but she laid her hand on his forearm to quiet him.

”It is the only way, my friend. Besides, Swift’Bolt will protect me while I cast and you know his aim is true.”

She glanced at Olwa and smiled slightly before she looked back to Blood’Scale.

”Sir Thomas is to be spared death. I have something special in mind for him that you will greatly appreciate.”

Blood’Scale was not happy with her order but he nodded all the same and slipped out of her lodge. Pela looked over at Olwa and Branch and sighed heavily.

”And I thought we would have time to at least enjoy a good meal together tonight.”

-------------------

Night was falling over the land. Sanction was quieting down as it did with each sunset. The scouts that had been deployed to patrol the border returned just as the evening meal was taking place They confirmed what Wallace had told Pela. The Knights were encamped two ranges away and there were at least ten thousand of them. The second runners had been sent to let the clans know it was confirmed they would be moving tonight where the Knights were encamped when the sun was dipping low and casting a red hue over the land. As darkness finally descended on the land near Sanction, the Nethermen warriors, Pela, Branch and Olwa slipped out quietly and began making their way towards the Knights, making sure they moved in a wide circle and even doubled back a couple of time to make sure they were not being followed.

When they finally could see the few fires of the camps burning low and the many torches dot the horizon, Pela looked over the huge encampment. The camp was quiet as most of the Knights had settled down for the night and only the sentries remained awake. Could they really take on this many Knights? For as far as her eyes could see they were spread out before her and her warriors. She knew this fight they were getting ready to engage in would be hard fought and victory would be bittersweet once the blood settled on the ground.

She reached up and grasped the pendant Frostgale gave to her bearing her mother, father and her birth name on it hoping beyond all hope the dragon had not actually set her up and Branch suspected. Tucking it back under her leather armor that was given to her after Kellan’s departure from Heartlund, she looked over at Olwa then to Branch and nodded. All eyes searched the horizon for the arrows that would be ablaze letting her know the clans were in place.

Time, it seemed, now stood still.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:51 pm

The wait seemed to last forever. As the twilight faded slowly into night, Olwa and Branch kept guard, watching the woods before them for any signs of patrols or movement amongst the Knights. It was approaching 2am, Branch returned to her Chief’s side and spoke in a whisper, “Them’s not moving, most of thems knights is asleeping, armor off…,” She looked at Pela and continued, “We will cuts half of them down before they even knowing we are attacks.”

Olwa returned half a minute later and reported similar news form where he had been patrolling. The three of them had been together only a few minutes when suddenly from the far side of the camp, a single arrow went into the sky, blazing with fire. It arched high and then went out. The entirty of the present Nethermen army, completely encircled around the camp, charged at once, exploding from the trees like a wave of water entering a sinkhole. It brought the words of Frostgale to Pela’s mind, it was like a million drops of water, a flood that would sweep away the camp. Branches warcry pierced the air, as did Olwa’s, and the three of them charged with several hundred Nethermen right behind them. The initial surprise of their attack pushed deeply into the encampment, nothing lived that the Nethermen washed over, tents were trampled under their mighty feet and dead Knights, still in their bed clothing lay all over the ground in their wake.

From within, Sir Thomas and his commanders began to rally the army, only about half remained in only a few minutes, but the ones that did remain were now formed in deadly ranks, spears pointed outwards in a massive circling around the camp center. Massive fires were being lit and the commanders could be seen in the distance barking orders, moving troops into wedged positions archers formed lines and began firing flaming arrows into the Nethermen lines to kill and illuminate the night.

Olwa and Branch fired back with incredible precision, taking aim and targeting those who made themselves vulnerable. From the camp center on the small high point, Sir Thomas spotted the snow white dress Pela wore and he pointed. Wallace turned to look and in an instant he was moving with several Solamnic Knights in her direction.

The encircled defensive perimeter began to advance outwards, clashing metal and grunts of war echoed off the valley walls all around them. Nethermen and humans, crashing into each other fought and killed. Wallace came up within range and his face looked anything but friendly. Olwa let loose an arrow, it hissed and passed right through Wallace’s chest as if he were a ghost. Branch and Olwa fired again, in unison, the arrows exploded into speckles of sparks meters form his body. The troops and the Knights were starting to push back even harder now and Wallace moved his hands in a wide arch, hissing words of magic that were deeply spoken and crisply uttered, his hands thrust forward and a massive ray of light seared the ground as it moved like lightening towards Pela, Olwa and Branch. The motion was so fast there was no reaction time, even Branch turned herself over and towards Pela to shield her Chief from the strike, but half a meter from them the light exploded in a dazzling and brilliant display of light mixed with ice. The hissing sound of boiling water as the ice melted burst out all around them, Wallace had cast a death dealing spell, but then stopped it in a manner that looked as if Pela had stopped it herself. It was one of the most amazing mixtures of magic that Branch had ever seen.

Branch spun, positioning herself so Pela was behind her, and looked at Wallace. His eyes flashed as he stared at her from one hundred meters away, and she could see the truth as if it were being physically pressed into her. Suddenly Frostgale’s voice penetrated Pela’s mind, exactly the way Kali had spoken to her through mind speak, “Fight me Niece! Fight me! Make it convincing! Today you will have victory!”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Pela was certain her new found uncle had lured her into this fight to kill her when she saw the spell heading for her, Branch and Olwa and like a rock that had been sent on a journey from the bolo it came from, she was unable to stop the collision from taking place.

But then her uncle proved to her he was sincere in their plans.

As his voice resonated in her head, she grit her teeth then let out a mighty war cry of her own as she faced off against the Archmage many yards away in front of her. Pela cast a spell at the Archmage and the game between them was afoot. Several times she was glad she was not facing off against him in a real battle for his experience and powerfulness was no match for her but they were able to make the battle between them look very, very real. As time wore on and they combated against each other, Pela was beginning to feel the fatigue her spell casting was causing her. It was time to draw this to an end before she was too weak and they knew what was really happening. Pela cast a spell and a flurry of spikes made of ice flew through the air straight for the Archmage. As he concentrated on handling the spikes heading his way, Pela made a sweeping motion with her right hand starting from the left and moved it towards the right then repeated the motion with her left hand moving from right to left. The ground beneath Wallace was suddenly covered in a sheet of ice that was about ten feet round and was as smooth as a looking glass and impossible to stand up on for most beings. The more his feet came in contact with the ice the more they began to become embedded into the ice

Olwa was right beside her the whole time, protecting her from any attacks from the Knights as they attempted to get her when she was most vulnerable. All around her the fighting ensued and she could hear the screams of the Knights, the roars of her warriors and the cry of the horses as they both tried to charge forward a their riders commands and avoid the death blows from the Nethermen. The air filled with the smell of blood, sweat and burnt flesh as some of the Knights tried to use fire to attack the Nethermen. The ground beneath her feet grew slick with the red blood of the Knights and the black blood of the Nethermen mixed together. Still, she never lost focus on the Archmage that now stood before her.

The world around her faded as she began to draw magic to her gathering it up to release a powerful spell at the Archmage. Her hands were at her sides and slowly she began to raise them until them came together over her head. Once they touched, a cone of frost left her and headed straight for the Archmage. Anything in its path was instantly turned to ice and shattered from the intense cold. Several Knights tried to get out of the way of the spell but they were either caught completely or partially by the spell and screamed in agony as parts of their body crystallized and shattered.

The ground rumbled by the sheer intensity of the spell and she instantly felt the toll it had upon her body but she kept herself from falling to her knees. She could not show weakness. Not here. Not now. She only prayed her uncle was able to counter the spell as they had discussed.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:56 pm

The battle between Frostgale and Pela was a dazzling array of splashing light, freezing cold explosions and intense static power that in no manner would the Knights be able to be convinced of anything other than it being a true wizards duel. Wallace was showing no signs of fatigue, his dragon blood giving him the ability to cast extremely powerful and intensely explosive spells without feeling the same effects that Pelas body was feeling. He could sense her weakening however, and at the point she began to cast her final spell, the spell she had explained to him, he prepared himself to bring this ruse to its final conclusion.

The ice trapped him, and for all he had seen her do he was more than impressed with the pressure and cold she was able to conjure from the moisture in the air. Truly this was Frostbites daughter, her natural talent for making cold so intense that it caused anything caught within it to shatter removed any doubts from Frostgales mind.

The spell was building, he moved his hands in wide arches and fired bursts of light that caused ice fragments to explode in deadly shards that evaporated into the night from the heat, he grit his teeth and pressed magic through him as the final spray of cold came at him, and in a shaking eruption that shook the very ground his muffled death scream echoed across the landscape. It was so convincing that even Branch and Olwa gave brief pause, as did any Knight within the immediate area. The champion of magic, the battle Archmage they had as their saving grace, exploded in a crystal shower of ice. Very faintly from the center of the explosion, a silver sliver of mist that shimmered in the white moons light flared and twisted upwards, disappearing into the night sky in a matter of seconds.

Suddenly Pela heard Frostgales voice in her head, and a strength pounded through her with each exhausted heartbeat, “Most excellent work my Niece, no Knight who witnessed that will question your power now. Legend will spread like wildfire about the snow haired Grand Chief of the Nethermen. We will meet again someday, I promise that. For now, feel the strength of the dragons within you, blood of my blood.”

A shot like adrenaline ran through her, a rejuvenating burst of strength that brought her involuntarily to her feet. Her body felt restored as the magic faded, there was no question that Frostgale had restored her strength, it was as if she had not cast a spell in weeks.

With the Archmage dead, the Knights fell back in unorganized clumps, dying swiftly at the hands of the Nethermen. Over the next several hours the Nethermen pressed the lines inwards until only remaining ground the Knights held was a circle about a hundred meters across at the very center of the camp. White flags were raised but the Nethermen ignored them, no quarter would be offered and as the dawn broke the Northern defensive force of the Solamnic Knights, ten thousand strong, lie completely obliterated on the battlefield, Sir Thomas, was no where to be found.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:38 am

The surge of energy Pela felt coursing through her was nothing like she had felt before. It was as though she had just risen from a rest that restored every last ounce of her energy and even added a little more to it. It helped her join her Nethermen in the remaining fight as they pushed the Knights into a circle and eradicated them.

As the sun was peeking over the mountain tops and starting to illuminate the sky with its rays, Pela stood next to Olwa, panting softly as she looked around with the cold, crisp air filling her lungs. The ground was filled with the remnants of the Knights bodies. Entrails strung about, whole bodies crushed into nothing but red, squishy muck, horses flayed as they tried to escape the death that now filled the air.

A mighty roar filled the air as the Nethermen looked around and saw the victory their hard fought efforts had given them. The ground rumbled as clubs, axes and shields were banged on the ground to add to their roars. When the noise quieted down, Gore’Rock found his niece and thumped his chest proudly.

”We have vanquished the last of the Knights, my Chief. But we are unable to find Sir Thomas.”

He bowed his head deeply then looked to her and nodded. Pela narrowed her eyes as the news was relayed to her. Of all of the ones to escape. She nodded to Gore’Rock and then looked out over the crowd. The Nethermen were starting to gather around her and she looked over at Olwa and now Branch as she joined them.

”Let all of Krynn know we are a mighty nation! We shall not bow like cowards! And we will not show mercy to those who treat us with anything less than the respect we are due! WE ARE NETHERMEN!”

Again mighty roars filled the air along with the banging of weapons to the ground. As the warriors began to disband, Pela gave the orders for the collection of the fallen warrior hearts so the crossing over ceremony could be done. As she looked around at the sea of massive bodies that had come at her calling, she thought again about the words of her new found blood relative. Like a sea….they backed her like a sea. She smiled then looked over at Olwa and Branch.

”I believe we have earned a well deserved drink of water, my friends.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Piramay was prepared as the very presence of Chemosh descended upon them moments before he appeared and spoke. Having been in the Queen's council many times it was a familiar sensation to her. However even with that familiarity she was still standing before a god in his domain and she respected that fact. She stood and looked towards Chemosh but not at him. "He is indeed her Lord Chemosh...." She reached into her robe producing the soulstone with Fifth's soul inside.

Closing her hand around the jewel once more she lowered her hand. "His plans met an unfortunate obstacle that came back on him as he had been warned they might. Rather than let his soul go to the Queen I used his little creation to give him the opportunity to reflect upon his choices." Piramay had a small grin on her face for only a moment before letting it fall away.

"As to the reason for my trespass Lord Chemosh, I have come for the item that Fifth bargained for." With her hand away from Nid'hug's sight she swapped Fifth's soulstone to the one that the draconian had made while she slumbered but she kept it masked from Nid'hug but not Chemosh. "I have the payment of trade as asked. A traitorous soul for a traitorous soul." Her eyes flicked towards the draconin for a moment. "The vessel for the item is nearly complete and I simply need to harvest that which you require and we can complete the exchange."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Thomas put as much distance between the ¬valley and himself as possible. He had managed to slip through the chaos of the battle lines of a small contingency of his most trusted soldiers, but the concern of pursuit lingered and drove he and his men to continue on through most of the day. They had fought as hard and as long as possible, but when the lines began collapsing and he called for a retreat almost his entire army had been encircled and he did not know their fate, though he could only assume. He was still reeling from the attack and playing it back in his mind. How on Krynn did the Nethermen know to find them there? How did they strike with such precision and initiative? The fifty or so Knights that rode with him, most young Knights of the Crown, remained completely silent as the pressed away from the area, and they didn’t stop until it was almost twilight.

Bringing the group to a halt Sir Thomas turned to his two Captains and spoke, “Encirclement, and send a dozen men to get plenty of dry wood.”

One of the Captains spoke, “Sir, the fires will give away our location.”

Sir Thomas rounded on him. The Captain immediately shrunk back as Thomas’ words tore through him like a sickle on wheat, “You would rather freeze to death? So be it, sleep away the fires in the darkness if you wish. I would prefer to be warm and risk being seen than slowly freeze to death, but you will still follow my order to get one dozen men to gather wood, now.”

The Captain turned with haste and did has he was told, Sir Thomas turned then to a Knight of the Sword name Sir Robert, the second highest ranking Knight that had escaped, “We will need a watch schedule, you and I will sleep in the center, may Paladine watch over us as we sleep.”

The Knight looked as the men moved to begin setting up camp and then turned back to Sir Thomas after he knew that no one was listening, “What are we doing sir?”

Sir Thomas looked at him, “We are surviving, for now.”

Sir Robert pursed his lips slightly and spoke, “With respect sir, surviving is the least of our worries right now.”

Sir Thomas looked at him, the quiet agreement reflected in his eyes, “So it is, but we do what we must to regain the advantage, to bring justice to what was done.”

Sir Robert looked at Thomas and spoke, “What was done is unprecedented in all of Krynn’s history sir, this was the single greatest loss to the Knighthood since it’s inception!”

Sir Thomas’ eyes flashed with anger and he spoke, “I am a Knight of the Rose Sir Robert, don’t dare to question me.”

Sir Robert stepped forward and spoke, “What choice do you leave me sir?”

Sir Thomas stepped forward aggressively and growled, “You dare to speak so insubordinately!”

Sir Robert then stepped forward in return and spoke in a hushed growl, “Yes I do sir! It was your decision to move us so close to the city that caused this disaster! The ENTIRE Northern defensive force it obliterated! The only survivors we know of are here, scratching for dry wood with no food, protection or warm clothing, most have little more than their weapons and bed clothes! Take it as you will sir but I think it is only fair to question you!”

Sir Thomas leaned back slightly, and bit his lip as he turned to look at the grimness of their situation. After a moment he turned back to Sir Robert and spoke, his voice more calm and composed, “You are right Sir Robert, the burden falls to me, the blame falls to me, but I did not rise to Knight of the Rose to be questioned by a Knight of the Sword.”

Sir Robert leaned back in a rather condescending manner and spoke, “Rank does not absolve you of what you accomplished these last two days. You trusted a wizard, A WIZARD to be our saving grace! That snipe of a teenage Sorceress obliterated him within minutes and then went on to crush the whole army into the mud!”

Sir Thomas’ eyes flashed again and he spoke, “Because we need one another to survive I will let this pass, for now, but when we get to Heartlund I will report your insubordinance to Commander Rose for full disciplinary action.”

Sir Robert looked Sir Thomas in the eyes and spoke, “I welcome the opportunity to bring my words before Commander Rose. Moving us in the direction of Heartlund is the best decision you have made all week.”

Sir Thomas clenched his jaw and hissed, “Move out to the perimeter, you have first watch.”

Sir Robert sighed heavily and shook his head, “Yes sir.”

Branch looked around as the Nethermen banged their weapons and felt a sense of pride. She turned as Blood’Scale approached her, his face full of respect. He grabbed her around the waist, hoisting her high into the air, “ALL HAIL THE ELDERWILD! ALL HAIL SILENT’OAK!”

She laughed as he moved around in a circle, presenting her to the clans. She waved and threw her head back in laughter as he then brought her back to her feet. With a bow he spoke, “You have come to us like a fresh breeze, but walked among us like storm!”

He looked over at Pela who was smiling with pride and he came to his knee before her, “Hail to you my Chieftain.” Standing back to his feet and faces the thousands of Nethermen who were still lingering all over the field of battle. His voice exploded form his chest, “ALL HAIL THE WAR CHIEFTAIN! ALL HAIL THE GRAND CHIEFTAIN!!”

The entire Nethermen army, representing all clans of the Nethermen nation chanted along, smashing their weapons into the ground with each repetition. The sound echoed off the valley walls like an earthquake and it seemed that the very core of Krynn heard their voices. After a few minutes the sound died, the high spirits of the Nethermen remained as they respectfully collected the hearts of the dead as their Chief had commanded.

As Branch, Pela and Olwa began to make their way through the Battlefield Branch turned to her, “Mines Chieftain, does you wish me to tracks Sir Thomas? Mine is certain that hims made some escape, I cans find him if yous wishing.”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 NidhugBanner

As Chemosh spoke, Nid’hug felt as if the voice was full of weight. Each word seemed to push on him as they entered his ears. He listened without a sound as his Mistress and the keeper of the dead exchanged their words. As she spoke of what she brought, ‘a traitorous soul for a traitorous soul’, Nid’Hug knew she must be referring to the gem she held. She had mentioned at points during their work that the former Wizard known as Fifth was able to harvest souls, but then she said that the work was almost done, that there was still a harvest to be done. He was unclear what she meant be he shifted with some slight uncertainty as he felt Chemosh’s eyes come upon him. He dared not to look up into the eyes of the avatar before him.

There was a deep echo of laughter that came from Chemosh and the soft crunching of bone as his steps moved towards him. His voice broke the silence again and his words echoed in Nid’Hug’s ears, “We can always use one more dragon.”

His head snapped up, his eyes narrow with fear as he looked at Chemosh. His eyes darted towards his Mistress and the soul gem was already up in her outstretched hand and her words hissed as he felt his body lurch towards her. His knees ground against the bones beneath them, but it was the pain in his spine that caused him to howl in pain. It felt as if the tendons and muscles were being ripped apart and his body lurched forward once again, but this time nothing stopped the dead shell form continuing forward to fall lifeless at Chemosh’s feet. He was still aware however, but it was cold. He could see his own body, his shimmering robes catching what little light there was and reflecting it back. The world was a purple haze, like a translucent fog that he could only partially see through. Below his feet was a fleshy palm, he turned, the eyes of his Mistress, as big as the full white moon stared down at him through the purple, he reached up, the cold glassy surface was smooth and seamless, and then it hit him like a rock slide, he was within the very gem he had created. In horror he watched as Piramay lowered her head and the avatar of Chemosh reached to take the purple shard. As soon as his hand touched it Nid’hug was struck with freezing cold, like a blizzard in the winter, though he could not shiver, he felt the sting of the cold and Chemosh’s voice echoed above him, “The payment is sufficient, take that which you came for and be gone fire sorceress.”

Nid’Hugs world then went suddenly black and he felt himself floating, around him a sea of souls, grey, lifeless, locked in silent screams of agony, he looked down as his movement came in deliberate but uncontrollable wide arcs. Far below he could see his Mistress, the dim red light from her palm as she began to walk back in the direction the both of them had entered, a smile of deceptive satisfaction on her face.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Pela looked over at Branch and thought about what she offered. Finally she nodded her head.

”Yes…..I would wish that very much, Silent’Oak.”

She looked over at Blood’Scale as she continued talking.

”I made a promise to one of my warlords and I do not want word getting out I do not honor my promises.”

She looked back at Branch then and smiled.

”Leave within the hour to locate him, my friend. When you do, strike when the time is right and bring him back to Sanction.”

As Branch moved closer, Pela lowered her voice so that only the Elderwild could hear her.

”Do not be gentle with him, my dear friend. But be careful. I know you are much older and wiser than I am but it still will not prevent me from worrying about you.”

She gave Branch a hug then felt herself being tugged away with Branch as more celebration began to take place and the Nethermen began to shout out in celebration of their victory once more.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Piramay took a small but of pleasure watching Nid'hug's soul drain from his body to the stone. The key had been the drop of his blood that he placed inside. This allowed her to simply take what she needed when she needed it with little more than a thought. She watched the draconian's body fall lifeless to the ground at Chemosh's feet. A part of her would miss the obedient sycophant but he was a means to an end. She bowed low as the death god dismissed her to business. "By your leave Lord Chemosh..."

She hissed the words of magic with her silky toned voice and lifted the lifeless body of the draconian from the bone coated floors. A small point of light separated from the sea of souls over head and floated above the tip of her staff. It pulsated with life and swirled like a small flame with little wisps that floated down attaching itself to her staff. She could sense that it was the prize that she had come for. She instinctively knew she could do nothing here with the soul or the vessel. It would be to dangerous to make the journey back through the pass with her companion in a disoriented state.

With a steel resolve Piramay spun on her heel and found the doors to the hall open before her. With a satisfied smile on her face and Nid'hug's body in tow she stepped through the doors and found herself at the far end of the pass. She looked back and was slightly surprised to see a spirit floating there "Your actions have the potential to amuse Chemosh and so he spared you the trip through his pass, but be warned... never tread there again, unless it is your time." With the warning given the spirit vanished with the wind leaving Piramay to stand there in the cold and wind.

Thoughts of her meeting with the god of death replayed themselves in her mind as she began the trek towards her sanctuary. It had been a simple and straight forward agreement, the soul of a caster for the soul of a caster. Her encounter with Nid'hug was nothing short of fortuitous and had provided her with a wizard soul with a great deal of skill to bargain with. It made her curious where had Fifth planned on getting the payment for Chemosh originally. He could very well have planned to trade herself as payment. This among many other thoughts clouded her mind as she made her way to her home in the mountain.

Evening was descending upon the mountains when she finally entered the main hall of her domain. The circles for the ritual were laid awaiting her return. With a gesture she motioned for the draconian body to center itself upon the patterns. Piramay herself placed her staff in the sconce to one side of the circle with the pulsing soul still in place at the top. She discarded her travel robes and straightened herself out as she mentally reviewed the spell in her mind she needed to cast After an hour of placing insence and reagents she stood in a rune marked circle opposite of her staff and raised her hands and began chanting the words of magic. Her tone was soft and eerie as the markings upon the floor began to glow. Light matching the color of the soul spread around the patterns before converging upon the standing lifeless body of the draconian. The body began to move and turned to face her staff and opened it's mouth as if to speak. A light shot for connecting with the soul and began to draw it to the draconian body.

Power from the magic pulsed in the room as Piramay's voice lifted growing deeper as the soul was drawn to the body. As the ball of light was drawn into the mouth it closed and then there was a thunderclap as all the energy from the spell was drawn into the body. All was silent as Piramay watching the body of the draconian in utter silence. After what seemed like minutes she saw the hands twitch and the eyes began to open. A smile spread across her lips as she spoke "Welcome back to the land of the living... Rorie Padraig..."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 pm

With a shudder the Draconian body lurched on the ground as if hit with a Gnomish electrical device. Hands twitched and the eyes shot open, but not the eyes of a Draconian, they were crystal blue eyes that swirled like the seas smashing into the rocks below Glen Durel. A convulsion racked the reptilian body and a dry cough that was hollow and scratchy exploded out of his mouth. As he heard his name, Rorie turned and looked up towards the woman who had spoken to him. He could see her outline, and her robes swirled like fire. As he blinked and she came into better focus he saw the red hair, the sharp, etched features and slender build.

Rolling up onto his hands and knees he heard a soft giggle which reminded him of a lilting, feminine laughter he had once known, a time so far distant it seemed like an eternity but also like he had heard it only a moment before. He coughed again but this time it was full of bile and his head was instantly covered in sweat. He looked at his hands, mostly reptilian but slowly shifting and flicking to those of a human. Pain slid over his body in wide swaths as if being painted onto his skin like brush strokes. Fear gripped his stomach and rung it like a wet rag, and this time he vomited all over the ground between his hands.

As his stomach unflexed he spit and reached up to wipe the remnants from his mouth. Looking up  now he caught the eyes of the woman and this time he could easily make her out, “P….P…… Pir….. Piramay.”

Her laughter broke the air and etched a line through his skull. He knew her, gods he knew her well. She had been assigned to break him when Tahkisis had captured him all those years ago. He shook his head, Memories of an entire lifetime swarmed over him like a flood. Piramay’s tortures, flinging spells in the stone halls of his families castle, the taking of Kali as an infant, the burning eyes of Myth as he confronted him, running and screaming with Rayann through the grassy meadows of Glen Durel, the bon with his sister and moving as one with her as they fought the evils of this world,
The wizards trials he survived and choosing the white of Solinari, kneeling before Tahkisis herself and pledging his life, swirling in a grey mist over the bone of the dead… He looked at her again and blinked, his face looking more like the bearded wizard he once was, the features of Nid’Hug slowly giving way to the new soul which had been introduced into the shell of the Draconian.

Finally he came to his feet and on legs that felt like mud he took a half step and caught himself to keep from falling. He looked up at her and deeply furrowed his eyes brows, “By the gods… what have you done to me? How did you pull me from death?”

Again she laughed and he immediately felt his hatred towards here, even when they were serving the Dark Queen together he was never too fond of this one, he moved towards her and with a flick of her finger he froze in his tracks. There was a crushing weight as if he had been seized by the hand of an Ogre and he was completely immobilized. He furrowed his brows deeply and looked at her, “Why have you done this?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Branch listened to her Chief and nodded softly before she was whisked away once again and lifted onto the shoulders of the warriors. The entire valley had exploded in celebration, the Nethermen feeling the pride and might of their race.

After an hour the celebration died down enough that Branch could slip away. She took Blood’Scale aside and spoke to him softly, “Yous once settled with Ms. Kali to help her. I’ms not in a place to be askin, but I would have you hears me.”

Blood’Scale knelt down more gentle than any would every think a Nethermen could, especially one of his size and strength. He reached and put his hand so tenderly on his shoulder it was like a man touching his lover, “Silent’Oak, I already know what you would ask, I heard you and the Grand Warchief talking. If it is my presence on your patrol you are asking I would be honored to join you, if not, I would be honored to do what I can as you leave me behind.”

Branch smiled, and even blushed slightly at his words. She also had heard his new title for Pela and she beamed quietly inside with pride. Pela, once just the orphan daughter of a Netherman was now being given the name of highest honor a Netherman Chief could ever attain, ‘Grand Warchief’. Only three had ever been recorded in Nethermen history, and Pela the first female. Branch reached and touched Blood’Scales cheek tenderly and spoke, “I’ms wanting to ask this exact thing of you my friend. You and twenty of yous best, we will move like these winds, and we will track these Knights until we finding them.”

Blood’Scale lifted his head and roared a sound so ferocious and triumphant it caused many of the heads of his kin to turn. He pounded his chest and spoke, “I will gather them, we will leave in the hour!”

Branch nodded in agreement and with a glance to Pela she gave a smile as she spoke, “We be coming back victorious or we not be coming back Grand Warchief.”

The twenty one and Silent’Oak gathered and the search began. Branch picked up the trail quickly and spoke, “Thems numbering 50 to 60, and thems was making an escape with haste.”

She turned to look at Blood’Scale, the Warlord of reknown, who was grinning from ear to ear. She spoke, “Two to ones odds me thinking, not too fair for thems.”

The twenty one let out a great war cry and disappeared into the forest, keen on the trails of the few Knights who escaped.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Pela watched Blood’Scale with Branch and she still could not get over how the two interacted with each other, or they way he now treated her. It was hard to believe that a few months ago he was ready to smash her into the ground like so many other humans he had done in the past. She was very glad she never had to defend herself against him. She didn’t want to kill him and she wasn’t sure she could have defeated him.

As the celebration continued, she waved to the troops as they left in search of Sir Thomas and his band of deserters. In the meantime, she had a ceremonial fire built in the middle of the battle ground so she could cast the hearts of her fallen warriors into it and send them on their way to the other side. While she didn’t really know if this were true or not, she liked to think it was and gave her comfort knowing she was able to help them reach that most honored of places.

As the sun reached its zenith in the daytime sky, she found a few moments to herself and s lipped off unseen. Or so she thought. She found the stream that ran thought he valley and sat down at the edge. Reaching both hands into the cold water, she brought it to her face and washed the blood and grime off her skin. As the water stilled enough for her to see her reflection, she brought her left hand up and let it slide along her jaw line. Her eyes rested then on her own eyes and she saw how much they looked like Frostgale’s. She couldn’t help but smile as the thought of her new found relative came back to her.

The shadow behind her caused her to turn quickly and she found her other uncle, Gore’Rock, studying her intently. With a respectful nod, he asked if he could join her near the stream and she smiled, patting the ground next to her.

”I would love your company, Uncle.”

As the Netherman made his way to her, he settled on the soft ground beside her and reached into the water gathering up a large handful then let it trickle down between his fingers.

”You have done the Nethermen people proud this day, Grand Warchief.”

Pela nudged him gently and gave him a haughty look.

”You can dispense with the formalities, uncle. It is only you and I here.”

Gore’Rock chuckled as only a Netherman could then looked down at the small human

“My brother would be very proud of you too, but for different reasons. Just as I am.”

Pela looked up intot heblack eyes of her uncle and tilted her head slightly.

“You have come a long way from being a child with a temper we feared and a human we loathed to a young woman who has gained much confidence in herself and has united all of the clans of Nethermen. Something no Nethermen has been able to do in the past, let alone a scrawny human female who can barely reach our waist.”

Pela raised her brows and was about to say something when Gore’Rock held up his hand to quiet her words.

“You have shown us strength comes in more than just the physical, niece. You have shown us that no matter what, we are much stronger when we are united then we ever could be alone. But we are not afraid to stand on our own if that is what we must do. Like you did when you challenged for the Chief Seat and like you did when you refused to kill Blood’Scale. Like you did when you faced off against the wizard.”

Pela knew she should tell her uncle what really happened but she couldn’t. Not yet. She would wait until things settled down and she would let him know when the time was right.

”I did what needed to be done, Uncle. Anyone else in my boots would have done the same thing.”

Gore’Rock shook his massive head.

“No, Ice’Rock, they would not have. They would have surrendered at the great odds against them but you did not. You were ready to die for your cause. That is the most honorable thing I have ever seen any creature do. And you did it for a people who made fun of you, made a slave of you and tried to kill you more than once. I do not know what love is but I am certain it is what I feel for you more than anything at this moment.”

Pela felt her eyes welling up with tears and she sniffled softly. Gore’Rock reached out and touched the tear that slid down her cheek then looked to her and smiled as best he could. Pela reached her arms out and hugged him to the best of her ability and Gore’Rock in turn lifted her up off the ground to share in the hug. When she had regained her composure, he gently set her back on her feet then turned to leave. Pela called out to him before he could and when he turned back around to look at her, she smiled with fresh tears in her eyes.

”Thank you, Uncle.”

Gore’Rock nodded respectfully then slipped away to leave her to her thoughts once more. When he was gone, she looked to the sky and whispered softly as her eyes searched for a silver dot in the blue overhead.

”Thank you, too, Frostgale.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Piramay flashed her devious smile while holding Rorie in place as she answered "I was curious"

She let out a soft chuckle and took in a deep breath as Rorie glared at her "Oh quit being so serious Rorie. I am not so arrogant or fool hardy to do something like this on a whim. Truth be told Fifth himself parleyed with Chemosh for possession of your soul. My curiosity about the matter is why would he go through the trouble to do so." She shrugged slightly.

"I merely paid Fifth's end of the bargain and provided you with a body capable of housing your soul and give you access to your precious magic. There is also the fact that the only reason that Chemosh didn't give your soul over to the Queen upon your death was because of said bargain. I would think you would be glad to be alive and not a soul for the Queen to toy with." She loosened the magical hold on his body with a brush of her hand. She did not doubt there was hatred towards her thus she did not leave herself completely defenseless. She kept a serious tone in her mirthful voice but displayed none of the haughty bravado she was known for.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 RorieBlack

Rorie listened and followed her with his eyes as she paced before him and spoke. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly at her words, there was nothing in her language that indicated she was lying. One thing he knew about Piramay, as twisted and self-serving as she was, she rarely used deception as a means to an end.

Fifth. Why on Krynn would Fifth make a bargain for HIS soul? What was the angle, or the purpose? His last memory was facing his sister, niece and Myth in his ancestral home. He was intent on changing the past, recovering the child he would train and then returning to extract the revenge his sister deserved. The she elf Ceridwyn caught him off-guard and she ended the quest. Now he stood before Piramay, he had no idea how much time had passed, and frankly he didn’t care. What he did understand was that he was in Piramay’s debt, and though she had not yet stated the terms of their unasked for agreement he knew that she would not allow him to do anything moving forward without payment.

He inhaled deeply, his voice calmer and more cool than it was earlier, "Well then, since I am now free of being the Queen’s puppet, does it mean I am yours?" As she turned to face him he continued, "I just want to know where we stand with one another, it is simply not realistic that you had NO expectations once we were standing here together. I am not foolish, I understand that with this new chance to walk Krynn again at your risk and whim there is a price to be paid."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:36 pm

As stealthy and fast as Nethermen could be they were simply not Elves. Though she had to slow her pace so that the Nethermen could maintain pace with her, Branch was confident they would catch the remaining Knights quickly. They were, for the most part, lightly armed, barely armored, without horses and most of them still in night clothing without little to no foot coverings. As she suspected, they could smell the humans fires by night fall and since they were equipped as a unit to deal with the cold she brought them to a slower pace and finally to a stop at a good place on top of a hill overlooking a long, winding valley.

The smell of smoke was heavy in the air, and that was what she expected. With no winter clothing the humans would need warmth, and she figured they would risk the light to remain comfortable. She turned to Blood’Scale who had knelt beside her and spoke softly, “Make sure thems have food and rests. We be camping here this evening.”

She turned and looked into direction of where she assumed the fires to be and Blood’Scale spoke, “Are you intent to scout them out and find them?”

Branch turned to him with a small smile, “Yes Blood’Scale, I’m lighter and faster on mine own.”

She saw the look in his eyes and she could feel his thoughts. Like he was with Kali, Blood’Scale had taken it upon himself to watch over Branch and protect her. She reached up and placed her slender fingers on his massively muscled forearm and spoke again, “Yous no be needing any worry my friend. Ims will be back before high moon. Thems is just over that ridge me thinkin. I’m just wanting to count them, gets their camp layout and will be coming back.”

His eyes filled with some relief but he spoke, “Be careful, if you are not back by mid-evening I am coming to find you.”

She shook her head and spoke again, “No Blood’Scale, but if I’ms not back by sunrise, rush forward and attacks.”

He thudded his chest gently in compliance and nodded his head respectfully to her. She reached up and touched his shoulder, going up on her tip toes she kissed him softly on the cheek, “I’ms seeing you soon.”

Before he could respond she was almost out of sight in the shadows of the dense trees. She managed to navigate through the valley quickly and as she came up over the next rise sure enough the Knights were sitting in circles around two large fires. Many were looking haggard at best, and only about 20 had true weapons. The rest had fashioned clubs or spears out of sharpened wood and not a single one looked happy in the least. From her high perch, half a mile from them, her razor sharp elven eyes looked over their faces. Sir Thomas sat with two other men, one in his breastplate, near the fire furthest from her. Though she could not hear them she could see that both were disagreeing with him about something, and she did make out the word “Heartlund” on his lips. As she scanned back over the camp she counted 58 men in total. With this information she made her way back to the Nethermen she had come with and as she entered the camp they hailed her with salutes. Relaying the information she spoke, “Grand Chieftain wants the one known as Sir Thomas alive, thems rest we killin’ at dawn.”

One of the Nethermen spoke as she relayed this, “With respect Elderwild, would it not be better to strike them in the middle of the Knight as we did yesterday?”

Branch turned to look at him and spoke, “We’s to keep thems guessing, changing up our strikes. Besides, thems have no clothes for night, no warmth from this air. They will be much stiffer in theys muscles if thems spending a whole night in these cold.”

The Nethermen all nodded in agreement and with ferocious ambition looked forward to dawn.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:46 pm

An hour before dawn the Nethermen war party made their way between the known camp location of the Knights and Heartlund. The narrow road that could accommodate four men abreast was sheltered from the snow and was smooth walking. Branch understood immediately why they had chosen this route, however what she also knew was they would not be expecting to be ambushed by Nethermen. She and Blood'Scale put the Nethermen along the road in a manner that would allow them to spring forth as the Knights came through the rocks.

They waited almost three hours and the sun was high off the horizon lines before they heard the faint sound of movement from the direction of the camp. The Nethermen squatted and flattened themselves in anticipation, watching and waiting as the sounds of trudging approached. Sir Thomas and the same two men he had been sitting with were leading the group and suddenly Sir Thomas, one of only two on horseback suddenly stopped the men and looked over the ridges they were about to enter. He looked side to side and his eyes went wide, "NETHERMEN! I SMELL THEM!"

An arrow hissed through the air and caught the other Knight on horseback, the one who was wearing the breastplate, directly below the collar bone and pierced his wind pipe. He gurgled and spat as he fell to the ground and Blood'Scale roared for the Nethermen to charge. Though their position was discovered Nethermen knew how to adapt and change the plan. Sir Thomas drew his sword and moved his horse sideways and swung its head to come between he and one of the charging Nethermen. The warrior drew to the left and Sir Thomas did the same, his sword swinging high and then came across in a sweeping arc, catching the Nethermen below the arm and severed the artery that ran through his chest. With a thud he fell, dead in a matter of seconds. He swung and watched in horror as Nethermen swarmed over them, coming like a dark wave. He spun to move himself into a retreat and dug his heels deeply into his mounts ribs. The horse lurched and dug his rear hooves deep into the earth, but Blood'Scale got there before the horse could get its speed under him. Reaching and grabbing the hind haunch of the horse he threw the rear end of the horse to the side, its spine snapped with a sickening crunch and Sir Thomas went over with the momentum. He managed to get his feet free of the stirrups before he got his leg trapped under the horses body and rolled, coming to his feet and swung around to face Blood'Scale.

Blood'Scale's massive battle axe, heavier than an average man glistened in the morning sunlight and he spoke, "Give up, the Grand Chief wants you alive."

Sir Thomas didn't even respond and came in, fast and nimble. He got below Blood'Scales axe and swung up, catching him on the underside of his forearm. He drug the blade across and it bit into the flesh, but Blood'Scale didn't even wince with pain as he spun backwards and caught Sir Thomas with a back hand as he tried to round the rear side of him. Sir Thomas' body hit the ground like a rag doll and Blood'Scale reached down, wrapping his hand around one of Sir Thomas' legs and lifted him up off the ground. He lifted him so that he was looking eye to eye and gave a wide toothed grin.

Suddenly an arrow hissed in and caught Blood'Scale in the shoulder. He almost dropped Sir Thomas as he spun instinctually and turned to find the bowman. He roared as the Knight was reloading and then watched as an arrow came in and caught the man dead in the center of the chest, followed a half a second later by a second that caught him dead center of the throat. The man hunched and fell over dead. Turning he saw Silent'Oak standing atop a rock, her eyes glistened as she smiled at him and he nodded in thanks.

Turning they looked together, the scene was a tangled mess of human flesh, with only three Nethermen wounded. They came together and roared triumphantly as Sir Thomas' face twisted in rage, "YOU BARBARIANS!! PALADINE STRIKE YOU DOWN FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE THESE LAST TWO DAYS!"

Branch walked up and looked at him, knelt on the ground before her, "Yous started this, not we."

He looked up at her and hissed, "I pray the gods strike your soul Elderwild! You have betrayed all the light with your decision to align with these, these... demons!"

With a gesture of her head Blood'Scale grabbed him and Branch stuffed a sock in his mouth, and then tied a cord to keep it in place, "Thats be keepin him quiets me thinkin."

That evening the Nethermen war party entered the gates of Sanction and the Nethermen nation roared in triumph. As Ice'Rock came to greet them Blood'Scale set Sir Thomas down, he had carried him the whole way, and spoke, "Your prisoner, my great Chief."

He knelt down respectfully before Ice'Rock and waited for her words.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 am

Quick and to the point as Piramay had expected. "Your time in suspended existence has not dulled your mind any I see." She approached Rorie slowly.

"A simple matter really... Not so long ago Fifth and I were on the cusp of achieving an almost dietic level of power. Fifth had created a grand design to achieve this but there was a fatal flaw in his plan. He lynch pinned the majority of this gambit upon one person. In the moments before our victory was assured this person revealed herself to be the little snake that I had warned Fifth she was. This of course led to the loss of what we gained and brings me to task one on my list, revenge. I am more than I was but I am also less and this vexes me."

She held up her hand watching flames spark to life in her palm "Do to the nature of the events that transpired it has left me somewhat connected to this person. This of course presents me with a small problem as it allows me some insight but also works against me as my foe is well practiced in magics of the mind and I regrettably am not. This limits my ability to exploit this connection but... I think you can figure out what my issue is. However I believe that you can help me with this since you share a connection to this person as well."

"My adversary is none other than your niece Kali. " Clenching her hand into a fist she snuffed out the flame.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:17 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 RorieBlack

He listened as Piramay spoke to him, his eyes remained locked on hers and his face twisted into a thin sneer as she mentioned who the person in question was. Not knowing all the details, a topic he would most certainly delve into more deeply when the time was right, he spoke with a slight sinister tone in his voice, “It seems then that you are owed my thanks for bringing me back into the land of the living. There are many questions I wish to ask, and when the time is more appropriate and there is enough trust between us I will. Your quest with Kali is inconsequential to me, however there is a very interesting angle that could be played if you truly want to walk this path of revenge. Though I have no purpose against my niece, I would love nothing more than to see Rayann twisted and fraught with the same pain that she bestowed on me when she tore my link from magic away so selfishly. She and that stain Ceridwyn set a trap which led to my death, and that is a lesson I will not soon forget, nor will I duplicate the mistakes that walked me into it.”

He walked in front of her like a panther pacing, she could see his mind was already reeling with the possibilities, “Kali is without a doubt an extremely powerful caster, and if you have a mind link with her, we can certainly find a way to exploit it, however it would be a better approach for now, to protect you from her. She was a mind torturer under the service of Tahkisis, and the fact that she has not in any way penetrated your head means she is either unable or unwilling to do so. Though she is not want to show it, Kali certainly has weaknesses.” Piramay’s eyebrows went up in interest and Rorie smiled as he continued, “Kali does not bond to many, but she is capable of love. She loved me deeply, but that love is a moon cast shadow for the love she bares her brother. I felt it as plan as the sun in the sky when I was in the halls of Glen Durel. She was not fighting me because she wished my ruin, she was fighting FOR her brother. She wears a mask of coldness towards others, and for the most part she keeps people at arms length, however she has let some in.”

He took a half step towards Piramay and continued, “Rayann, well she is a soft sap with a sick tenderness towards people. Why she chose to follow the neutrality of Lunitari is beyond me. Rayann lives with an ideal that goes beyond logic. She is certainly powerful in her own right, and with Myth at her side she is more than formidable, however if we can break her, we can easily get to Kali. For all her attitude Kali loves and respects her mother, and her father, not in the same way she is bonded to her brother but that love is there. My point is, the best way to draw Kali out into a conflict that gives us the advantage would be to strike at her family.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:59 am

As soon as the first blares of the horns alerted the now Nethermen city of Sanction to the arrival of the war party, Pela made her way to the center of the city and waited for the party to reach her.  The pride she felt was overwhelming and she could not stop the smile that lit up her face and put a glimmer in her blue eyes.  Gods she loved these people.  

As Blood’Scale set Sir Thomas down then knelt before her, Pela’s smile faded slightly and there was a look Sir Thomas would never forget that crossed her face.  It was one of complete certainty.  Of what, he would soon find out.

She turned her gaze to Blood’Scale then and walked over to him.  She could see the wounds he proudly sported from his encounter with the Knights and before she did anything else, she placed her hand on each wound to send a sudden shot of cold to the area to stop it from bleeding and seal it from infection.  Finally her still cool hand touched his cheek and she lifted his head so he was eye to eye with her.  She stood at her full height and he knelt before her.

”The pride in my heart for you overflows, my mighty warrior.  You have done your Grand Chief, your tribe and the Nethermen nation proud this day.”

A chorus of roars and thumping of the ground followed.  When the noise died down, she gestured for him to stand.  She noticed the sack carried by one of the other warriors and her eyes grew dark.  War was never without death and the tragedy it brought with it.  The words her father spoke to her years ago echoed in her ears as she walked to retrieve the sack.  Untying it and pulling the large heart that was now cold from inside, she walked over to the eternal flame that burned in the center of town and closed her eyes and bowed her head for a brief moment.  When she opened her eyes, she raised the heart in both hands over her head and let out a war cry followed by the war cry of her people then threw the heart in the fire.  As the flames began to consume the heart of one of her warriors, she watched it burn for a moment before she turned and settled her gaze on Sir Thomas.  Her steps were steady and slow as she walked towards him.  Again the look in her eyes was unmistakable.  When she stopped, she removed his gag.  Immediately he began to scream insults at her.

“YOU CRAZY BITCH!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!  PALAD..AAAACK….”

A sheet of ice formed around his throat and slowly grew thicker.  The thicker it became the more restrictive his breathing became.  When he was finally silenced, she let a smile that was not the least bit amusing slide into place.  As Sir Thomas struggled to breathe and his face began to turn blue, she spoke quietly but confidently.

”It is you who has no idea what you have done, Sir Thomas.  You see, men like you are so narrow minded and wrought with the decay of greed and power that you cannot see beyond your own noses.  I was completely prepared to let Blood’Scale dismember you slowly, one limb at a time, until you begged for death but that would be too good for you.  Instead, I believe I have another, more suitable solution for you.  Since you are so quick to pass judgment on others without fully understanding them, I am going to make sure you have the full opportunity to know what it is like to live like a Nethermen.  But not right away.  You will have to earn that right.  Until then, you are Blood’Scale’s personal slave.  You will do all he commands of you and you will do it.  He can do whatever it is he wishes to do with you if you disobey his command…..except kill you.  He will make certain anything he does can be healed so that you may resume your duties to him.  I advise you to do as he says to make it easy upon yourself.  But if you do not, then so be it.  Just remember, the choice is yours.  As are the consequences for what you do or do not do.  Do you understand?”

Sir Thomas could barely nod his head in response,

”Good.”

The ice collar around his neck disappeared and he coughed violently for air.  She turned her eyes to Blood’Scale then and smiled at the warrior.

”He is yours to do as you wish, Blood’Scale.  I am certain you can find something of his worth.”

Turning her eyes to Branch then, she smiled warmly and walked over to embrace her friend.

”I am so glad to see you back as well.  You must tell me all about this!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next