Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Empty
PostSubject: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes TierzaNormal

Tierza sat under an Oak tree, high in the mountains. Her Clerics and Wizards were encamped, cooking their food and whispering quietly to themselves. Tierza was livid with all of them, she had given each a good tongue lashing, and some physical scars for abandoning the battle when victory was in sight. More importantly she knew that when Tahkisis found out that they had a contingent of Knights of Solamnia up against a wall and were so near wiping them out, only to abandon the fight, she would be the one ultimately held responsible.

Flicking some of her food onto the ground she stared at it in contempt. It was bland, seasonless and loathsome to her taste buds, and she boiled in her own hatred for everything in this world, especially Tynen, that snake among beasts! Looking at the fallen leaves of last autumn she kicked at a small cluster and then winced slightly as the pain in her side where Gideons sword had struck only deepened the darkness of her mood.

Azook approached after a long while and with his head bowed spoke softly, “Mistress, is there anything you need?”

Tierza looked up at him, her face a brooding tar pit of anger and she hissed, “I need your loyalty and courage you spineless excrement!”

Azook shrunk back slightly, as if the words that she spoke were acid on his skin. He dipped his head even lower and responded, “Yes, we disappointed you Mistress, your scream was such we thought you struck down.”

She looked at him while narrowing her eyes towards the center of her nose and spoke, “That is no excuse, even if my head had been separated form my shoulders do you think it appropriate to abandon the battle? Do you think the Dark Queen’s hand only stretches to the limits of carnality? No Azook, her hand stretches well into the depths of the Abyss and beyond, she has no tolerance for those who fail in their tasks, and she will punish you beyond the death of the flesh! I swear to you if her hand raises against me for what occurred I will measure it out and deal it upon you five fold!”

Azook dropped to the ground, no sound came from him and he breathed in deeply, the remorse causing his entire body to tremble. Snarling slightly she flicked her finger and hissed words of magic, the small clump of food she had thrown to the ground crackled with sparks and flipped over, forming a scorpion, it lashed out and its stinger struck Azook on the back of the hand, driving the poison deep into his flesh. He howled in pain and withdrew his hand under his cloak. The scorpion then spun and climbed up Tierza’s leg, skittering across her chest and them coming to rest on her shoulder. She smiled in satisfaction of the pain he was feeling and she spoke, “I expect nothing less than complete devotion from you! Complete loyalty and obedience are your actions of service under my command! This you knew the moment you approached me and asked if you could be part of my army! Then when I was struck, in my time of need you fled like a rat to the sewers, leaving me to be skewered like meat on the spit! I will allow you your life back this time, but driven by the authority of the Dark Queen I say to you now that if you ever show a hint of disloyalty again I will make you vomit up your own end trails!”

Azooks hand shook violently. He held the wrist, tried to fight it, but the place where the scorpion had struck was bubbling as the flesh melted away creating a hole the size of a gold piece. He could see his own muscle and tendons, and he bit his tongue so hard it bled as he did all he could to remain silent. Tierza reached up and stroked the back of the scorpion with her finger as she spoke, “Now go tell the others to break camp, we leave in one hour to find Tynen and kill him, along with every one of his soldiers.”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Sirtrystan

It had been a couple days since Trystan and Tanjee walked into the North Gate hand in hand. Word had spread quickly about them, and even Lady Rose called them both into her office to offer a rare smile and blessing over their budding relationship. Trystan and Tanjee both knew that her approval was met with a measure of expectance as well, she was after all trying to keep the entire city intact and defended. Threats still loomed form many directions, and were held at bay mostly with the forces outside the walls not knowing how the female wizard in the black tower would respond to any attack made against Heartlund. Word had spread since her occupancy that the Commander of the city and the wizard were in league with one another, somehow Lady Rose had struck a bargain with the black mage, a story that was told by Bards in a manner that both praised her diplomacy but questioned her devotion to the light.

Tanjee and Trystan went about their duties as usual, but when the moons rose and the Night Watch took over, they would find each other, as they had done again this very evening. Trystan leaned up against one of the large trees in the middle of Center Green, the large park near the town center. It was a cool night, but comfortable. Dressed in casual clothing Trystan looked down at Tanjee who was laying on her back in the crisp grass, her head propped up on his thigh, looking back up at him.

As he looked down at her, the light from their oil lantern sparkling off her pupils, he gently stroked her forehead and whispered, “I love the way your skin reflects the light, it’s mesmerizing.”

She blushed slightly and he smiled in response. Inhaling deeply he looked out across the grass towards the lights of the Keep. Looking back to her he spoke, “You know, it’s moments like these that we get to sit and reflect, a chance to look into our lives and find the good in things. Even though this city was torn asunder, the walls were shattered and a horrific scar etches the land to the east, it brought you to me… I can’t be anything but grateful, even tragedy can bring happiness.”

He brushed his hand across her forehead again and smiled into her eyes. Truly and obviously he was falling hard, and quickly, for the enchanting Elf maiden.

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes KaliBlack

There was a soft glow of light to the right of Trystan and form within a soft, pulsing, purple sphere Kali stepped into The Green. Trystan stiffened slightly as he sat up and Kali lifted a hand, “None of that Sir Knight, no need to move on my account, in fact, I have come by this ones invitation.”

She looked at Tanjee and smiled, who smiled in return. Trystan looked at Tanjee and then back to Kali, “Well, of course, by all means please join us.”

Kali sat, her face had the same, flat, expressionless look it normally carried and she looked at Trystan, it seems that my wine left an impression on Tanjee here, and she hinted, though not so subtly, that if I had more would it be a problem to bring it along.”

Tanjee blushed softly and sat up as Kali handed her a stone goblet. She looked about to speak and Kali responded, “Think nothing of it Tanjee, I have plenty stored in my cellar, and I don’t have enough excuses to enjoy a goblet. Unlike tea, drinking good wine alone is a sad affair, it is meant to be shared with good company.”

Trystan’s face tightened slightly and Kali immediately caught on as she poured some wine for Tanjee, “You do not consider me good company Sir Knight?”

Trystan cleared his throat softly, though he had said nothing the immediate, sarcastic thought he had when she uttered her words about ‘good company’ were retreating like shadows exposed to sunlight, “No, I mean yes! Of course you are good company Kali, you are always welcome.”

Kali lifted an eyebrow as she watched his face, he felt like a kid who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie bin and was being watched by a parent to speak the truth. Suddenly Kali’s face softened slightly and she spoke flatly as she handed him a goblet full of wine, “Perhaps then, you can just drink to having good wine.”

Tanjee stifled a giggle as Kali lifted her goblet to the two of them and spoke, “To good wine,” she smiled her crooked smile sarcastically as she looked at Tanjee and winked, bringing the goblet to her mouth and taking a sip.

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes BranchBanner
Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes OlwaBanner

Branch was standing on the wall, her deer furs hanging off her shoulders and her dark green wool cloak moving gently in the wind. She rang the bell and turned to the guard bellow, “Tells our Chief, humans’ approaches under white flags.”

The guard below thumped his chest in acknowledgement as he turned and ran at full speed towards the Chiefs Seat in the middle of town. Branch turned and looked back out at the small wedge of men who had stopped about half a kilometer from the gate and stood waiting. After a few minutes Blood’Scale, Gore’Rock, Pela and Olwa all came on horseback. Branch slid down one of the poles that ran up to the battlements and took the reigns of her horse form one of the guards who was waiting for her. She mounted and swung into formation with the others. The gate was opened enough for the horses to exit two abreast and the five of them approached the humans.

As they slowly closed the distance, Branch took account of each one before them. A Knight of the Rose, gruff of face and strong of eyes was right beside a thin and aged white robed wizard. The wizard had the look of someone who had seen many years of life and his eyes were oozing with wisdom. Behind them were two men on each side, each wore intricate plate armor and had stern looks of contempt as the two Nethermen got closer. As they came within a few meters the Knight who was holding the white standard of peace eyed Branch. His face was a mixture of complete enrapture at her beauty, but hardness as he stared at his enemy. The Knight of the Rose, the symbol of his order emblazoned on his chest piece, gave Pela a stern nod and spoke, “Thank you for honoring our standard of truce. We come to offer terms for your withdrawal.

Blood’Scale immediately scoffed under his breath which was met by a disapproving look from his Chief. He flared his nostrils slightly and turned to look back at the Knights and Wizard before them. The Knight of the Rose gave Blood’Scale a sideways glance and continued, “I am Sir Thomas Stormsword, Knight of the Rose. This is Wallace Barrister, Archmage of Solinari and he is here to assist in mediation so we can come to terms we both agree on.

Branch looked at Sir Thomas and spoke, “Me thinks’n that ifs you were to be bringing somes for mediations, thats a Wizard of the Reds Moon would been a better choice, yes?”

Sir Thomas glanced at her and was about to speak, Wallace spoke up before he could, “I assure you my child, I am an adequate person for the task at hand. I wish only that no more violence cover these lands, and we have terms that I believe you will accept.”

Branch looked at him as if attempting to stare right through him, but Wallace kept his eyes locked right on her, not breaking visual contact. She leaned back gently into her saddle and looked over at Sir Thomas as he spoke again, “I propose that we build a tent, here, on this spot, between our lines and yours to protect us from the cold. We can then begin tomorrow at dawn.

Olwa smiled sarcastically as Sir Thomas said his words, the last thing Pela needed was protection from the cold. He turned and looked at Pela, he was confident as to how she would answer, but waited, along with the others to see what she would say.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Color_10Keatara was recovering nicely from her near death experience, although she now carried another scar on the same side of her face as the one above and below her right eye. She'd worried at first that Gideon would find it distasteful for a woman to have another scar on her face, but with his gentleness and love he proven that her scar did not matter to him.

She'd also watched as her sister by heart, Tanjee, fell deeper in love with Sir Trystan and she and Gideon had commented on how they were so glad to see their friends together and happy.

Tara had been drinking the tea Kali had given to her, following the instructions to the letter, most of the time under Gideon's close scrutiny. Every minute he was able he spent with her, making sure she was resting when needed and she was blossoming even further from it. She supervised the children for the time being instead of teaching them herself with Lance and George acting as her instructors. She was very proud of the two boys and let them know it on a constant basis, but she constantly worried over Curtis. He'd yet to awaken and she visited his sickbed every day, speaking to him, telling him about the practices and the funny things Cherub would do now that she was joining in with the training. She also had visited James in the stockade but had as of yet to speak to Gideon on her feelings about it. A part of her remembered him grabbing her behind during the battle and squeezing so hard that he'd cracked two of her ribs. She also remembered feeling that something was not right.....something was off with James but she kept brushing it off with the fact that she'd seen him with Tynen, even though she didn't think they knew each other. Still...she was cautious now around him. If Gideon noticed, he'd yet to say something. But she felt that in order to find out what exactly James was up to, she needed to remain somewhat close to him and still treat him as a friend.

Today she was outside in the sunshine, sitting by the stream in the chilled air, enjoying the peace and quiet of the small glade. That morning she'd overlooked training, Cherub making her laugh as her little antics with her wooden sword that was too big for the five year old little girl and she was going to ask Gideon today if he knew of anyone that could make the precious girl a wooden sword just for her. Thinking about Cherub also had her thinking about where her relationship with Gideon was going. She wanted children someday.....and she wanted them with her knight, but he'd yet to speak words of marriage to her and she wasn't going to push him. She wondered as well about Tanjee and Trystan and smiled to herself. She still needed to speak her friend though about what Tynen had said about who she truly was. With that thought her smile faded and her green eyes grew sadened.

If was indeed one-quarter Northern Elf then who were her parents? What were the Northern Elves? Why did the people she called parents lie to her and not tell her the truth? Who was she? Sighing at the questions running through her mind, she rose only to smile when she heard Gideon's humming as he walked to her.

"There is my beautiful lady. What say you to a visit with Curtis? I heard passing by the healing tent that he was starting to waken."

At his words, Tara smiled a great smile that lit up her whole face as she ran to him, jumping into his arms and holding him tightly as he wrapped his arms around her, catching her while he chuckled.

"Aye!!! If the lad be waking I wish to be there, Gideon", she said followed with a long, loving kiss to his lips. Something she'd not instigated on her own very often.

"Then by all means, m'lady. Let us be off to see the boy", Gideon replied with, his eyes somewhat darkened by her lengthy kiss. She was blushing as well, realizing what she'd just done and he would have none of it, tilting her head up to look into her eyes while he still held her. "Never be embarrassed to show me your love, Tara. Whether in public or private, I treasure it as I treasure you", he said to her, his eyes melting into a soft brown. Upon his words, she shyly leaned in again, touching his lips with hers for another deep kiss before releasing him after a few moments. Her face was flushed as she looked into his eyes and he slowly let her slide down his body until her feet were once again on the ground. Taking her hand, he kissed her knuckles, "Come....let's go see the boy before you get me into trouble, m'lady." He laughed again, seeing her blush a deep pink as he led her back into Heartlund and to the healing tent.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Pirabanner

Twilight Banner, one of the paths to the throne of Chemosh. The living seldom came here willingly and those that did were either powerful, foolish, or both. Piramay could feel the eyes of the dead and more looking upon herself and the draconian as they descended into the darkness. When they started along the path she offered only a single warning "The entities of this realm will try to tempt us from the path. I strongly advise against giving in to their temptations lest you join them for eternity".

No attempt was made to light their path instead Piramay cast a dweomer of darkvision allowing them to see the way. The dead here did not care about the presence of the living if they were smart enough to not draw attention or succumb to the calls. While she was certain of her own strength of will she was curious if Nid'hug's was strong as well. She let the thought pass to the darkness before to long letting her mind focus on other avenues of thought.

Questions had surfaced as she pondered the nearness of the pass to the hidden sanctuary. While Fifth was a necromancer of considerable skill even Pira knew you didn't place yourself within a days trek of a place like Twilight Banner without a purpose in mind. The mountain sanctuary had been constructed with dual purpose as Fifth knew there was a chance they could fail. The fiery heart of the frozen mountains was an ideal place to retreat if they had escaped together. It was the secondary purpose that still had her baffled. She had a few theories but further study of the work he had only started and left behind would be needed

She brought her thoughts back to focus on the present as she reached  up clasping Fifth's stone. Admittedly she missed having someone around to discuss magical theory with but it was a matter that could not be helped. Nid'hug was barely an apprentice in comparison but he was skilled enough to have served his purpose. Her hand drifted away from Fifth's stone an slipped into her pocket clasping the jewel the draconian had made. It would serve her purposes well. The only true question would be what would the death god's price be for what she asked. They would descend until they reached the doors to the Halls.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes NidhugBanner

Nidhug walked in silence as he and his Master made their way along the broken twisted trail into the Twilight Banner. She had shared a few details, that her former Master, though she always seemed to speak the term with a hint of sarcasm, had given her instructions, and that this was the destination to which these instructions were to lead them. Often, and more often lately than when they first began walking the path of magic together, he saw her toying with and turning a purple stone in her hand. He couldn’t help but notice that she would gaze at it almost lovingly, looking deep into it, as if the stone was staring back at her, but there was always with a slight smirk on her face, the kind of smirk one would give their enemies while watching their dying breaths. It was a paradox and Nid’hug and resolved to ask her more about the stone someday when their mission here was done.

The only sound in this place was the soft, rhythmic ‘tick’ of Piramay’s staff as the two of them moved. She had warned him to mind even his thoughts, though the dead would allow them to pass, they would call. She had warned him the call could come in many forms, harsh and foreboding, like a warning to avoid the way, or as a song of soft delicate prose that would ensnare the listener and cast the net of death over the listener if they wandered too close. His Draconian eyes were keen in the dark, sharp as a razor and ever watchful, her spell of Darkvision only enhanced his natural night vision, and though she insisted on leading the way, he was ever watchful as to keep the Mistress form danger.

The pass came and went behind them, and finally the Mistress stopped and overlooked a dark valley. There were no shadows, as there was no light here, however the darkness that was so penetrating seemed to become more malignant in the depths below them. The darkness simply wasn’t the absence of light any longer, it was more a presence, a feeling that penetrated and moved through any that lingered within it. Nid’hug focused his eyes and could barely penetrate the thickness of the fog below them, but in the center he could make out a small building, almost like a temple, with seven pillars and three entrances in the center wall behind the supporting columns. He simply watched, allowing his Mistress to make the move. His eyes caught movement and he glanced down. Piramay had her hand in her pocket, the same pocket she always kept the mysterious purple stone. He could tell she was fumbling it thought her slender fingers again, and his mind began to piece things together. The stone was most likely a key of sorts, something that would gain them access to the place below, he could think of no other purpose to come to a location that held such penetrating despair.

With a subtle but intentional glance over her shoulder, Nid’hug bowed his head slightly and she led them down into the valley. He moved in perfect unison with her, the distance between them never wavering, and as they approached he could make out more of the details of the building, but it wasn’t really details, it was more appropriately the lack of details. The stones were smooth, without a seam or blemish, as if the whole building was carved from one solid piece of grey stone. The building also seemed to scale up as they approached, what seemed to be a small building the size of a shack form the ridge above now stood as an impressive and menacing structure, the seven columns were as thick as the oldest oak trees on Krynn, and the doors were wide enough for a dragon to pass through. The stopped at the steps which led up to the columns and Nid’hug looked up at the doors, above the one in the middle the words gripped him as if they were staring back, written in ancient Draconic, the pure Draconic of the gods was written, “Wer Halexs Di Wer Loex” in common language, “The Halls of the Dead”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Healer

Now that things between Tanjee and Trystan were no longer a secret to anyone, Tanjee found she could relax even more around the handsome Knight.  While she had always kept things light and informal between them in the past, now she teased him even more so when they were alone or only he could hear her and in public she showed her affection in small gestures.  Holding his hand, touching his forearm, locking gazes with him and sharing a smile and the occasional feathery kiss they were able to quickly pass between them before being whisked away to their next stop in their duties.  

Tonight was no different.  They had shared a private meal with each other and discussed their days then decided to walk out among the twinkling stars that were starting to dot the night sky.  The air was crisp and cool but her cloak and Trystans informal jersey kept them both plenty warm.  They ended up at the center of the city and listened to the quieting sounds of the city, letting the music of nature drift to their ears.

When Kali appeared, Tanjee knew Trystan wasn’t sure what to think and to see his reaction to her appearance and her questions only made Tanjee all the more amused at the scene that played out before her.  When Kali revealed her reason for being there, Tanjee sat up and was like a child receiving a long awaited gift when the goblet was handed over to her.  As Kali made a toast to good wine, Tanjee raised her goblet and took a long, delightful sip enjoying the taste of the perfectly aged alcohol.

”Ah Kali, your cellar has the greatest collection of Elven wine I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.  Far be it for me to be selfish with anything but I would not consider it wrong if we were to keep this knowledge all to ourselves.”

"
Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Pela

Pela listened to the men who had approached their newly acquired city and watched the reaction her warriors and advisors had.  She agreed with Branch that a Red Robed wizard would have been much more preferable but she would not outright dismiss the idea of the white robe being there.  It was obvious the Knight felt better with him there.

What Pela found most amusing was the fact THEY had cone to offer HER terms of withdraw.  She couldn’t help but smirk at this suggestion.  If they didn’t realize it yet, they soon would and when that moment of absolute clarity happened, she would enjoy the look in their eyes.

As Sir Thomas made the suggestion of erecting a tent to protect them from the weather and cold, Pela gave hi a hard look.  Her ice blue eyes bored clean through him.  He was a blind fool.  She was dressed in no more clothes now than a normal person in summer and yet this Knight suggested he seemed to pay no heed to the fact how she was dressed.  Her eyes drifted over to Wallace Barrister and she could see the look in his eyes.  He knew the Knight had made a terrible mistake with his assumption.  For a long moment, she was silent.  Finally her eyes drifted to Olwa, Branch, Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock before they rested on Sir Thomas.

”Your first mistake was assuming we wanted to negotiate a withdraw with you.  Your second mistake was assuming there were any terms you had we are interested in.  Your third and final mistake, Sir Thomas, was assuming me and my counsel here needed protection from the weather.  You shall make no more of these mistakes when dealing with me or any of my counsel and warriors.  I am Ice’Rock, Grand Chieftain of the Nethermen People.  We are a united clan now.  There is not a corner of Krynn that does not know who we are and what we are capable of doing now.  Look around you, Sir Thomas.  You are in over your head here.  You may have brought with you an Archmage who is quite a bit more practiced than myself and could do a great deal of damage, yes, but even I know the devout follower of Solinari will not lash out unless absolutely necessary at those around them.  They will defend and deflect, yes, but they are sworn to refrain from harming unless their life is imminently in danger.  I assure you, this Archmage’s life is not in imminent danger, but I cannot say the same for you, Sir Knight.  Whatever you say next, I will give you but one piece of advice.  Choose.  Your.  Words.  Wisely.”

The atmosphere around the group had changed drastically.  Even in the cold air that naturally surrounded them it was obvious the drop in temperature was from an outside source.  The horses Sir Thomas and Wallace sat astride began to get nervous and shift, neighing at the obvious change that was taking place, not to mention the fact the cold was almost too much for even the seasoned war horses could handle. Ice’Rock did not strike out but it was obvious she was preparing to do just that if Sir Thomas said or did the slightest thing wrong.  

Her ice blue eyes drifted to Wallace as he sat on his now nervous horse and she saw how calm and relaxed he appeared to be on the outside.  He had many years of practice, no doubt, and she could feel the pull of magic coming from him.  He was prepared for her and for that, she admired his forethought.  Something Sir Thomas could learn a great deal from.  If he lived past the next few moments.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Sir Thomas Grasped the reigns of his mount tightly, Wallace did the same but with less force the horse beneath him seemed to come back under control. The four Knights were twitching in their saddles as the temperature dropped, having heard the capabilities of this teenage Sorceress.

Sir Thomas narrowed his eyes to slits and opened his mouth, about to speak when Wallace reached and placed a gentle and well put touch on the Knights arm. Sir Thomas turned to look at him and Wallace spoke, “My Child, we all understand the abilities you have, you are a talented sorceress for certain, one of the most powerful I have ever heard of, though I arrived too late to see you in action myself. Clearly your ability to change the air around us, as such, is impressive and frankly, intimidating. Might I suggest however that before we get too hasty and create a departure from reason, that we meet under a banner of truce and sit with some civility to discuss what we offer?”

Branch looked at Olwa who was furrowing his eye brows and looking at the Archmage curiously. His silken words flowed off the tongue and were full of calm reason. As he glanced at Branch she leaned over to Ice’Rock, “Istar Ostring, mays I make suggesting that we hear outs these Knights and thems wizard…”

As Ice’Rock turned to Branch in surprise at this departure from aggression there was a deep seeded look of concern within the Elderwild’s eyes. She was clearly trying to communicate that they needed to regroup behind the wall and talk before making any hasty or rash decisions. There was also the look however that she would ultimately do whatever Pela said, if Branch was anything, it was loyal to Pela.

Wallace looked at Ice’Rock as she turned back to him and spoke, “What say you young one, allow us to erect a shelter, allow us the chance to demonstrate our desire for peace with you and your clans. We know that you are a mighty nation, we have seen what you can do with the sacking of this great city, but I believe we can offer mutually beneficial terms that you will be agreeable to.”

Kali smiled softly at Tanjee as she spoke her words and she responded, “Aye Tanjee, but I fear that I can not take credit for the contents of my cellar, most were in place before I arrived. If there are vices the former occupant had, it was women, and wine. Unfortunately for him one of those vices cost him his life.”

She sipped the wine non-chalantly and Trystan sat up slightly, “Is that true?”

Kali looked at him and spoke, “Is what true Sir Knight of the Sword?”

“That Fifth was viced with women and wine?” His voice showed his slight annoyance at being toyed with. Kali seemed to revel a little in it and she responded as she swirled the wine in her goblet, “Fifth would have had the both of us, at the same time I wager, if he had his way. You think it a coincidence that he picked to women to join him in his little scheme?”

Trystan looked at her and spoke, “I guess I never… I mean, it seems so strange for one so powerful to be thwarted by something so simple.”

Kali laughed aloud and spoke, “Interesting thing for you to say, I mean as one who was so rapidly slain by an Elf Maiden over the course of only a few days.”

He and Tanjee both flushed as red as roses and Tanjee took a giddy sip of her wine as Trystan cleared his throat and spoke, “Kali, what I mean is it just seems that the discipline of wizards always seemed so…”

“Seemed so what… Noble Knight? Unfortunately even the most powerful of wizards can be toppled with the simplest carnal desires.”

Trystan cleared his throat uncomfortably and spoke, “Is that what happened?”

Kali’s eyes flashed a wicked intrigue and she spoke, “Would it matter?”

He immediately shook his head and spoke, “Of course not, I just…”

“Trystan.”

He stopped and lifted his eyebrows in surprise as Kali used his name, “There was no exchange between Fifth and I, except for knowledge. Not that it matters, especially now that you have landed a much fairer, honorable and worthwhile catch than I could have ever been for you.”

Tanjee turned in mild surprise at the compliment but Kali kept her eyes on Trystan, “Fifth wished to use me to accomplish his goals, in the end however, it was the OTHER woman in his life that got the best of him.”

Trystan had a look of not understanding on his face and Kali sighed, “He trusted Piramay, and she killed him Sir Knight.”

He looked at Tanjee and then back to her, “But why?”

Kali shook her head and spoke plainly, “For the most basic reason of all, we were both using him to gain more power.”

She took a sip of her wine and watched him over the rim of her glass. She spoke again as she finished her sip, “It shouldn’t surprise you, the increase in my magic has always been my primary goal.”

Trystan sighed softly and nodded, “I agree… that is why it would have never worked between us in the end. I think somehow I always knew that.”

Kali smiled, for the first time in a long time, genuinely, “Now that the air is clear on that, perhaps we can be friends again,” she turned to Tanjee, “The three of us.”

She smiled at Tanjee again, a smile that spoke of resolution and understanding.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Ice’Rock had gotten to know Branch very well since the Elderwild took up with her and Olwa when they left Silvanost.  One thing she had grown accustomed to was heeding the unspoken warning in her words when she spoke them.  Like now.  She turned a hard look back to Sir Thomas and Wallace Barrister.

”Very well.  Erect your tent and stay the night.  When the sun is fully over the peeks of the mountains and shine upon your protection, we shall return to see if there is anything you have that is worthwhile to the people.  I give you my word as the Grand Chieftain no one will bother you.  Rest well, gentlemen.”

The atmosphere around the group returned to normal and Ice’Rock turned her steed back towards the city as did the rest of her party.  The doors opened up to allow them all entry back behind the protective walls.  Riding her mount back to the Grand Chieftain home, she slid easily off the horse and slipped inside without saying a word.  

Making her way to the war room, she waited for the rest of her party to arrive to hear exactly what it was that had bothered Branch so much she wanted to return here.  As soon as everyone was present, she looked to Branch and spoke.

”Tell me, my dear friend, what has you so concerned?”

Tanjee listened to the exchange between Kali and Trystan.  She knew that if she could ever get the together in the right atmosphere they would be able to clear the air.  And she knew if she could somehow be there to help ease the tension for both of them, it would be even more fruitful than she imagined.  And they did not let her down.  As the air between them was finally cleared, once and for all, and they both understood the other, Tanjee felt a huge sigh of relief escape her.  When Kali turned her smile to Tanjee, the elfess couldn’t help but return it in kind.  Holding her goblet in the air between the three of them, she made a toast.

”To new found friendships, the resurrection of old ones and the ability to be able to mend fences…..with gates.”

She giggled softly then took a sip of her wine and settled back down next to Trystan as Kali sat across from them.  The night sky had grown darker and the stars were even more visible.  The moon of Solinari was rising in the east as they sat there and Tanjee looked over at Kali.

”Kali….what do you make if the language Tara was using?  She spoke it so clearly without stumbling.  The only way she could do that is if she had been raised in it.  But….I do not see any Elven features about her.  What do you make of that?”

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Gideon2

Gideon escorted Tara to the infirmary to visit Curtis.  The boy was definitely showing signs of waking from his sleep but he had not opened his eyes just yet.  He did his best to keep Tara from James not wanting her anywhere near the man.  He was bad news in every definition of the word.  And the last thing he wanted was for the man to speak venomous words with his forked tongue to her.  While Gideon was confident in his relationship with her, he knew she had a stubborn streak and when she set her mind to doing something, she would move mountains if she had to.  While he knew she visited him once, he made sure the guards did their best to keep her from doing it again.  Lady Rose was putting a counsel together to listen to the crimes he committed and determine what his just punishment would be.  Gideon could think of several but he never voiced them, to anyone.  He was a Knight through and through and no matter how much he disliked James and would love nothing more than to run him through, he would let the justice system make the determination.

As Tara made her way to the bed, Gideon stood back near the door and watched, letting her have her space.  His lips still tingled from the kisses she had given him and while he hated to admit it, she stirred his blood like no other woman.  He knew there was no other woman for him since she came along but he wasn’t sure if she was ready to settle down.  That’s what held him back from asking her, the fear of possible rejection.  He would wait a few more weeks to see how things went between them and then he would muster up the courage to ask her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm

At Ice’Rocks words Wallace nodded his head respectfully and turned to Sir Thomas. Without a pause Sir Thomas looked back at Ice’Rock with a clear rigidness and insincerity on his face, “Thank you for your willingness to parlay.”

He signaled to the other four Knights who were in attendance and they turned swiftly towards the tree line, emerging even quicker with a cart, drawn by four horses and two riders. The bundle in the back certainly looked to be a massive tent. The four riders flanked the cart and were moving straight to their location. Wallace turned again to Pela and looked at her with a tenderness in his eyes, “Until the sun peaks the mountains in the morrow child.”

Branch gave him one final look, her eyes scanning his face. He smiled kindly but with an obvious strength and confidence at her. She turned her horse, giving him enough heel to take off in a trot and made her way back towards Sanction with the others. The gate swung open and then shut almost immediately behind them. Olwa slipped off his horse at the wall and began informing the Netherman that the Knights would be erecting a tent. He added however that if they observed anything beyond a tent being erected that they were to take all and every measure necessary to stop them, including killing everything between the wall and the trees.

As Ice’Rock, Branch, Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock made their way into the Chief’s quarters and she turned to look at Branch, the Elf paused and then responded to Pela’s question, “Him’s not human.”

Immediately Blood’Scale and Gore’Rock scoffed in unison and Branch shot them an aggravated look. She inhaled deeply and Pela would hear the irritation even in her breathing, “You’s are both blinded.”

Blood’Scale narrowed his eyebrows and spoke, “I have much respect for you Silent’Oak, but he was clearly human, as plain as the nose on your face.”

Branch looked at him and spoke, “Him’s is magical, you thinks it be hard to makes a mask that will deceives you?”

Pela spoke, her voice bringing some calm to the room, “How do you know?”

Branch turned back to her and spoke, “Hims eyes Istar Ostring, thems were dragons eyes. Theys looked like human eyes, but around those pupils was a halo, almost too minutes to see. His manners too, Branch’s guessing silver dragon because hims with the humans.”

Gore’Rock remained silent his eyes went from Branch to his Chief. Blood’Scale laughed aloud again and spoke, “I want some of Silent’Oaks ale, it must be good stuff!”

Pela shot him a look so dangerous that even though he was easily four times her size he seemed to shrink beneath her. He spoke quickly with more humility in his voice, “My apologies my Chief but dragon’s do not look like humans.”

Branch looked at Pela and then turned to Blood’Scale, she was visibly more calm, “Blood’Scale, dragons be magical creatures, the first childrens of thems gods. They can makes themself to look in other ways. Silver dragons in particulate would do this to be with humans. They loves humans more thens their own kind.” She turned to look at Pela but still spoke to Blood’Scale, “Your Chief has seens this even with her own eyes.”

She spoke again, this time to Pela, “If yous had tried anythings, he’d have killed us all. Mines suspecting hims presence among them Knights is why Sir Thomas was so sures of himselves.”

Kali lifted her glass as Tanjee spoke and gave a soft smile as she mentioned the fences having gates. Trystan too gave a chuckle and they all drank.

After an hour or so, and a second bottle between the three of them, Kali looked up at the stars and spoke, “The deep inhalation before the storm is almost at an end.”

Tanjee and Trystan both looked at her and she looked back, her face a little more sad, her tongue a little more loose, “There is always a breath before the exhale, a calm before the storm when the whole of the land quiets, the twilight for that has come, next will be the chaos.”

Trystan gently helped Tanjee sit up so he could also lean forward and he spoke to Kali, “What do you mean Kali? Please you always speak in riddles, just tell it too us straight.”

Kali took one last drink of her wine, setting the now empty goblet on the ground and looked at Trystan and then Tanjee, “Sanction was sacked by the Nethermen five days ago.” Trystan’s eyes went wide and he spoke, “How? Who? Sanction!! Really? How do you know?” he suddenly realized who he was talking to and there was no doubt her information would be accurate.

Kali looked at him and spoke, “I sacked it, with Pela.”

Trystan became visibly shaken and he spoke as Kali looked at him with resolution and calm, “Why would you sack Sanction? Do you realize what will happen now? You may have started a war! And why on Krynn would you and Pela join forces with NETHERMEN!”

Kali laughed, a laugh that was laced with giddiness due to her buzzed state, but also with her cenacle mocking of knowing more than him, “May have….”

She calmed herself and wiped a tear form her left eye as she looked at him again with a half inebriated smile, “Of course I realize what will happen now, of course it started a war.”

Trystan squeezed his eyebrows so low in anger they almost touched the tip of his nose and he growled, “What in Hades is wrong with you?”

Kali cleared her throat and sat up straight, her hands folded modestly in her lap as she looked at him. In that moment she looked every bit the Elven Princess she should have been, “Trystan, there is so much more to the story, yet you want to immediately jump to the conclusion that I did this for some maniacal or offset reason. I suppose this must be one of the gates in our mended fence aye? Very well then, but know that Pela, Olwa and Branch might have been killed had I not gotten involved. I am not saying they would have died, but my presence certainly gave them an advantage, and rightfully so. The Nethermen that Pela now leads were about to be invaded from the North, so instead we took the gem in their crown, we sacked Sanction. Such is the way of warfare, if you start a war then you damn well better be able to cover all your fronts.”

Tanjee and Trystan were exchanging confused looks, Trystan spoke, “Wait wait wait…. Pela is LEADING the Nethermen?!?!”

Kali rolled her eyes and then caught herself from falling over as the wine almost kept her moving with her head, “Pela is the daughter of a Nether Chief, she challenged for the right to rule, and she won. This is all such old news Trystan.”

Trystan’s head was swimming, how had no word of this reached them? He shook his head and spoke, “This can’t be… if the Northern Knights call for assistance then we will rally to their aid, it is our code. Are you saying that I could soon find myself on the opposite end of the battlefield facing Pela?”

Kali inhaled deeply and with a thin smile nodded as she spoke, “Not just Pela, Branch and Olwa as well, and if necessary, with myself.”

She looked at the empty goblet longingly and then back to Tanjee and Trystan, “Perhaps however, our fences will keep us from striking at one another on the battlefield, should it come to that I mean.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Pela furrowed her brows as she listened to Branch.  This news changed everything.  The Nethermen were a powerful nation but they were no match for a dragon.  She glanced at Olwa and Branch before she looked at her uncle and Blood'Scale.

"Silent'Oak is right, Blood'Scale.  The Silver dragons in particular prefer the company and culture of humans as opposed to other creatures on Krynn.  I have seen with my own eyes how easily they can cloak their true form and look human to blend in with their preferred species.  And I trust Silent'Oak when she tells me this Archmage is a Silver dragon.  Why would she say anything but the truth to us?

She looked over at Olwa and Branch then to Gore'Rock and Blood'Scale.

"We have to be extremely careful from this point forward while these knights are in our territory.  I will listen to their terms but I may have no choice but to accept them."

She saw the look that crossed both of the Nethermen faces and she held her hand up to quiet the protests that were clearly ready to be spoken.

"We are a powerful people now.  There is no disputing this.  But I cannot engage in any sort of battle that will be the sure extinction of my people.  We have proven our point here in Sanction and I believe there will be no place on Krynn that will not treat us with some degree of fear as they always have but that fear will also be paired with respect on some level.  We dared to challenge humans and took their beloved city when they thought us nothing more than a spiteful species who knew nothing more than how to kill mercilessly and fight more among ourselves than anything.  All I am saying is we must be prepared to withdraw completely if that is what thay insist upon.  I will negotiate for a fairer term but we must be prepared no matter what."

She looked at everyone who surrounded her.

"I am not above suggestions so if any of you have a better idea, please speak them now so we can think this through before we have to meet them tomorrow morning."

Tanjee looked between Klai and Trystan completely dumbfounded by what Kali had just told them.

"Why did you do such a thing Kali?  And why did Pela do such a thing?  And how could Branch and Olwa help both of you do such a thing?"

There was no accusation in her voice just a sheer disbelief and she felt her head spinning from the wine and the news.  She took Trystans hand in hers and held it gently in an effort to help calm him.  

"So what is going to happen now?  Will the Knights engage in more warfare with Pela and her....Nethermen?  And will they......"

She swallowed hard and looked to Trystan, squeezing his hand then looked back to Kali again.

"Call upon the Knights from Heartlund to assist?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Image10James was getting discouraged. He'd heard Gideon speaking to the guards and it only made him more determined to get rid of the knight. When Tara had visited, he'd felt her reservations about him and knew that he had his work cut out for him if he was to win back her trust.

He leaned back against the stone wall of the closing his eyes as he thought. He had to get word to Trystan on what was going on but didn't know how to go about it. Little did he know, but Trystan was already a step ahead of him.

Tara sat speaking to Curtis as if he was completely awake, smiling when she'd see his eyes move beneath his closed eyelids or his fingers would twitch. She told him how the other kids missed him and how she missed him. She stayed for at least an hour just talking to him when his eye opened for a full minute. He looked at her, his gaze one of confusion as he whispered to her, "Why? Miss Tara.....what did I do?", was all he said before his eyes closed again and he was sleeping once more.

Tara was stunned by what she'd heard and sat there for a few moments just watching him breathe before she rose, smoothing back a lock of hair before she turned to Gideon, wiping tears off her cheek.

"I need to find out what happened to the lad, Gideon. Someone hurt him....intentionally. I need to know who and why." Her face had that look that told him that she would not stop until she'd found out who had hurt the boy.

She was quiet as they walked back to her cabin, deep in thought about what Curtis had said as well as thoughts turning over in her head about herself. She was beginning to feel as if she were coming undone at the seems. She needed to speak to Tanjee and now she needed to find out what had happened to Curtis.

She could tell that Gideon was worried about her for she was quiet...too quiet. Once inside her cabin, she walked over to the small cabinet on the other side of the small kitchen area and stood there staring at it. She felt the tears and angrily wiped them away when she felt Gideon's hands on her shoulders. She turned, letting him wrap his strong arms around her as she laid her head on his chest and quietly cried. After about five minutes she gave a sniffle but didn't raise her head from his chest.

"Gideon....I feel as if I am falling apart. I don't know who I be or what I be. What are the Northern Elves? Who are they? Why did me parents lie to me? And now Curtis? What happened to the lad?" Her tears were falling again, but this time there weren't any sobs with it, just tears and the knowledge that she felt lost. "Ye be the only thing holding me together, Gideon. I met what I said back at the battle." She raised her green eyes to his, shining with tears and something else. "I love ye, Gideon....with all me heart." She didn't know whether or not he would reply or if he felt as strongly about her as she did him, but she didn't care. It felt right saying it.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Blood’Scale was visibly irritated, even as his Chief spoke to him. He knew little about dragons, but he knew enough to fear them. The truth was not a Nethermen alive had seen a dragon, any who had died hundreds of years ago when the last of the dragons wars were fought on Krynn. He turned to leave and Gore’Rock grabbed him by the arm, “Do you wish to disrespect your Chief, leaving before she has dismissed you?”

Blood’Scale stopped and looked back, “Of course not… our Chief has proven her worth, she has given us a purpose and reason to live again. I just can’t bring myself to believe we accomplished so much so quickly only to have it slip away because a lizard arrived.”

Branch smiled at his words, referring to a dragon as a lizard. She took a step towards him and touched his arm, her small hand was severely dwarfed his muscled forearms, “Blood’Scale, Branch is feeling this same way. One dragon is… well, hims could kill us all. We’s having only a handful of bowsmens, and thems is fresh to the weapon. Swift’Bolt and mines self, even with our ability to hit birds flying, we don’ts have the ability to take down dragons. Thems scales being harder than iron, no arrow on Krynn be hard enoughs to get throughs them. Our Chiefs using her brains to keep our clan alive.”

Blood’Scale looked at Silent’Oak and then to his Chief, “Forgive me my Chief, I meant no disrespect.”

Pela gave him a nod, and a half smile crossed her face. Blood’Scales face still showed his regret, but he returned her smile and nodded in deep respect. Branch turned to look at Pela and spoke, “If I mights request it Ice’Rock, I’ms should be withs you when you go to them.”

--

Morning came quickly and as Pela, Blood’Scale, Gore’Eock and Branch mounted up and exited the gate, Olwa stayed behind to stand with the guard. His keen eyes were all over the field between the wall and the forest beyond. Pela had given him orders, if anything looked out of sort he was to charge, full on and bring the entirety of the Nethermen nation onto the field. Until they had heard the dragon they were to proceed as if he had said nothing and defend the city should this become a surprise attack.

As the four horses made their way to the massive tent that had been erected at the spot they had met the day before, Sir Thomas and his four Knights, along with Wallace stood waiting, no horses in sight. As the four of them stopped Wallace looked at Branch with a softness to his face, and his eyes drifted to Pela, giving her a kindly smile, “We thank you for honoring our banner of truce and agreeing to meet us to discuss terms of surrender.” Sir Thomas gave a satisfied huff at Wallace’s words and gestured to the front door of the tent.

Wallace’s language was such that it seemed victory had been there’s, like the Nethermen had never taken Sanction and were now asking for peace, not the other way around. Blood’Scale was visibly irritated at the demeanour of the humans, but he moved with Gore’Rock, Branch and his Chief into the tent as the humans led the way. The tent inside was very comfortable looking, an iron stove with a chimney pipe stood in the middle and was only warm enough to take the chill off the air and keep the tea pot hot. There was food sitting out for them, raw meat for the Nethermen, berries and bread with roasted rabbit for Branch, assorted cheeses and toasted nuts for Pela. As the approached the large round table the five Knights sat, followed by Wallace. He gestured for the others to sit and they did.

He looked across their faces and then to the Knights, “Well, now that we are all seated I want to thank you again for agreeing to meet and discuss…”

Blood’Scale interrupted and spoke, “Enough with all the courtesy and pleasantries, why have you asked for this assembly?”

Pela placed a gently hand on his forearm without turning her head, keeping her eyes locked on Wallace. Wallace nodded to the massive warlord and spoke, “You are right, this is not your way is it. Victory is attained on the field, not in a tent. I understand this. Your adversary however, this is their way, and as such it is the only way we know to negotiate peace with you.”

Branch looked at him, her face was slightly pale but composed. She had confirmed her initial observation, there was a hairline of silver around the pupil of his eye, so minute that it took her focusing intently to see it, but it was there. Wallace was certainly a dragon in human form. She cleared her throat and spoke, “It’s not our ways however… we can only be leds to believe these is being done to gives you this advantage.”

Wallace turned to look at her and with a wise smile he spoke, “It is not their way, but it is yours.”

Branch shook her head softly and responded, “Thems ways is my ways.”

Wallace gave an understanding nod and responded, “Of course young one.”

She furrowed her brows and leaned back in her chair slightly, Sir Thomas’ smug smile grew as Wallace continued, “As you know Ice’Rock, Sanction is more than a city, it is a port that provides trade, trade that brings food, medicine, supplies, things that people in the whole region need to survive. Your occupation of this city is causing suffering beyond the displacement of those who occupied the city. Our request is simple, fall back, give up the city back into the hands of humans and in return the battle will be over. The humans will no longer invade your lands and territories and they will regain their ports.”

Gore’Rock turned and looked at Pela, as did Branch. Blood’Scale however kept his eyes on Wallace. The way he saw it the city was taken by the blood of his kin, they had fought in a battle to take it, honorably and fairly. They would have never begun this campaign had it not been for the human aggressors that started this war, but now they were the ones being told to return ground lost by their superior tactics. To say the least, he was livid and Wallace could see it all over him.

Kali looked at Tanjee and Trystan, her eyes locked on them before she spoke a little more seriously, “What was done because it was Pela’s destiny to rule the Nethermen. Her adopted father was a Nether Chief, it was her turn to rule. I went to support her in her newly acquired position and while I was there we came under invasion by the humans to the north. I did what any friend would do, I helped when I was needed.

The unfolding of events however does bring the possibility of further conflict, who knows where it will lead, but the Knights are a brotherhood, and if the security of the region becomes unstable they will call for assistance, and by their honor the other knights will need to assemble and ride under their banners to war.

She looked at Tanjee who was more shaken than Trystan was, “My friend, I did not tell you this to upset you, but it is a reality of the events across the land. If it is not this situation it will be another that call the knights to war, unless they are already away doing something else.”

Her voice contained a sliver of prodding, as if she had more on her mind than the topic at hand.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Pela got very little sleep the night before the meeting with the Archmage, who was in reality a dragon (or at least strongly suspected). She felt defeated. While she would never let anyone around her know this, she knew there was no way she could let any sort of fighting erupt between her warriors and the Knights. But if she did not show some sort of strength her people would see her as weak and unable to lead them any longer. The Netermen Nation was still too new to let another take the reins of leadership right now. Needless to say she was at a precarious cross roads and she wasn’t sure what to do now. Just before she closed her eyes to get an hour or so rest, she spoke to her departed father.

”I miss you, father. If ever I needed your wisdom and guidance, it is now. If you can reach me from the other side, now would be the time to do that.””

Closing her eyes, she felt a tear slip from the corners of her eyes and drift down her temples to dampen her hair.

The next morning she was too anxious to eat but she maintained a calm exterior. The last thing she needed was to let her people know she was questioning her leadership at this point in her role as their Grand Chieftain. With a soft kiss to Olwa after giving him the instructions she mounted her horse. Taking a deep breath, she glanced back at Olwa one more time knowing full well it could be the last time she ever saw him. Spurring her mount onward, she led the small group out to the tent the Knights had erected. Once inside, she was pleasantly surprised by the cool temperature inside. Her eyes scanned the offered food and while she would love to partake of it, she did not. Instead, she sat down and waited to hear what the Knights and the Archmage had to say.

As Wallace spoke, she let her eyes drift to Branch and when she noticed the slightly paler look to her friends face, she felt her heart sink even more. It was confirmed. Wallace was indeed a Silver Dragon. There was nothing she could do but accept the terms of their withdraw.

As Wallace spoke of the conditions, she glanced over at Sir Thomas. The smug look on his face reminded her of another Knight who had treated her as nothing but a creature to be feared and loathed simply because she was different. Her anger began to rise then and she wanted to reach across the table and smack that smug look off his face. Or worse. But she was the leader of the Nethermen and while it was their way to strike first and ask no questions later, she was able to maintain her composure.

When Wallace stopped talking, she remained silent for a long period of time. Her eyes drifted from the Archmage to Sir Thomas to the Knights he brought with him then she turned her eyes to Gore’Rock, Blood’Scale and Branch. Finally she turned her eyes back to Wallace then to Sir Thomas then back to Wallace.

”Your terms are unacceptable.”

Sir Thomas started to protest and Pela held her hand up to silence him and the look she gave him was nothing more than deadly.

”I warned you the last time you were done making assumptions. Open your mouth to speak again and it will be the last thing you do in this world, Sir Thomas. You see. I have dealt with men like you before. Men who were fearful of what they did not know and instead of trying to understand what they feared, they infected others with their words of poison. All while hiding behind the banner and the code of the Solamnia Knights. You will speak no more to me or to my counsel.”

She turned her gaze to Wallace then.

”Your terms drip with the arrogance of the Knights. While I know you are here at their request, I cannot help but ask if you truly believe these are fair terms? I do not think they are. You see, the Nethermen took from the humans what they treasure most. Their pride and dignity.”

She looked over at Sir Thomas and spoke.

”You see, Sir Thomas, I know it is more than just material things men crave. They crave power more than anything. The Solamnia Knights are no different. The Nethermen people are not that way. Our way may seem harsh and barbaric to outsiders, but it is fair, just and unified. I cannot say that for all humans.”

She looked to Wallace again.

”I counter your terms with ones of our own. The Nethermen will pull out of Sanction but not entirely. Sanction will become a dual ruled city. I will place one of my most trusted Warlords here and together with the leader of the humans; the city will be ruled by both humans and Nethermen. Along with the Warlord, I will leave twenty warriors to help protect the city from invasion from other forces should they attempt to take the city from us. We will also help rebuild that which we have destroyed alongside the humans who will be assisting in the rebuilding. We will not become the work horses for anyone, anymore. The ports and roads in and out of Sanction will be reopened allowing the trade to begin again and allowing supplies to reach the places relying on city for them. In addition to this, I will request 20 humans come to live with the different clans of the Nethermen and learn who we really are. If it is the only way to get the humans to understand who we are as a species then so be it. These are our terms.”

She looked over at Gore’Rock, Blood’Scale and Branch again before looking over at Wallace again.

”Should me and my counsel recess back to the city to give you and your counsel time to consider these terms?”

Tanjee looked over at Trystan for along moment before she looked at Kali again. The wizard was right. If not the Nethermen, it will come some other time some other way.

”So now that the Nethermen have the city, do you expect they will not release it back to the humans and it will become a Nethermen territory? Or do you suppose the Knights will try and regain the city from them?”

This news troubled her but what troubled her more was the fact Pela was the one leading the Nethermen to make this bold move. There had to be more to the story than as simple as Kali made it sound. Surely there was an ulterior motive. Right? Or was it just that simple? Her head spun at the thoughts circulating in her mind. And the Elven wine wasn’t helping her think clearly either.

Finally she looked to Trystan then to Kali again.

”IS there anything else you should tell us?”

She knew that was a deep question but she felt she had to ask it all the same.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Gideon2

Gideon held Tara close as she cried.  He'd never seen her this way before and while it broke his heart to see her in such despair, he knew there was  nothing he could really do to help her....other than what he was doing right now.  He didn't know what to tell her about the Northern Elves as he had only heard stories about them.  He stroked her head as she laid her head on his chest and continued to cry.  When she looked up at him and told him she loved him he felt his heart melt again and smiled into her tearful eyes.

"I love you too, Tara.  Very much.  And I promise I will help you find out all of these answers.  You are not in this alone, M'Lady.  For as long as I breathe I will do all I can to help you get to the bottom of all of this."

His left hand reached around the small of her back and pulled her close against him as he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers, kissing her tenderly until her tears stopped.  Reluctantly breaking the kiss, he raised his head and smiled down at her again as his right hand tenderly wiped the moisture from her cheeks.

"I believe the best place for you to start is with someone who knows a great deal more about both healing and the Elves.  Last I saw her, as the sun was setting, was with Sir Trystan and they were headed tot he center of the city.  Shall we go look for them and begin your quest now?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

As the young girl thrust her words upon him Sir Thomas remained a bulwark to her speech. As she made her counter offer, his face became red and he spoke, “Acceptable? More like preposterous! Sanction is and always has been a human city!”

He was about to continue when Branch spoke just loud enough to break through his words, “Not always.”

Sir Thomas curled his forehead and turned to her, “You align with … with, THESE and then take their part, you are a disgrace to the Elves, to the Elderwild!”

He turned back to Pela and spoke again, “The terms have been set as said, there will be no debate or negotiations on the matter! Mark me now, if you refuse this offer the blood spilled will be on your head!” His face was becoming aggressive and he continued, “Sanction was not just another city! It was a place of protection, of provision! You are suffering the children and widows of the entire region with your occupancy! You don’t belong here, you are UNWANTED!”

He was leaning towards Pela aggressively and was getting so riled by his own emotions he began to stand as the volume of his voice raised. A ferocious growl erupted from Blood’Scale who stood as fast as a lightening strike and his bare fist came down onto the table in front of him like a war hammer, splitting it in two. Sir Thomas and all four Knights were immediately on their feet and four steps back, swords drawn and pointing at the massive Netherman. The look on his face was obvious to those in the tent who knew him, his war fire was burning so hot that all five would be dead in seconds, no matter what injury they might inflict on him.

“HOLD!!” Wallaces’ voice burst over the rumbling table he was the only one who was still in his seat. The tent went silent and Wallace stood, stepping between them all. His voice was calm and strong as he spoke to Sir Thomas who was directly behind him while staring at Pela who was directly in front of him, “Take your men outside Thomas.”

Sir Thomas’ face was twisted with rage and he spoke, “I will not leave until these terms are met.”

Wallace continued to look at Pela, his face was soft and his eyes almost seemed kind, “Thomas, step out into the cold to chill your temper, this is not a request.”

Thomas sheathed his sword so hard it almost snapped the leather holding strap form his belt. He turned and brushed past Wallace in frustration, but without another word. His four men followed and Wallace turned to look at Blood’Scale, “That was an impressive display of power young one, I have never seen Thomas retreat so swiftly.”

Blood’Scale only furrowed his brow, it was clear that he was still ready to die for his Chief should it be necessary, even with the five aggressors out of the space.

Wallace took a deep breath and spoke to Pela, “If I could request an audience, of just you and I please.”

Blood’Scale immediately stepped forward and spoke, “I will not leave her alone.”

Wallace turned to look at Blood’Scale and spoke, “On my honor, I give you a blood oath that she will not be harmed while alone with me.”

Blood’Scale looked surprised, a blood oath was the ultimate statement of promise made between Nethermen, and if broken it meant death to oath breaker. Blood’Scale looked at Wallace with more curiousity than aggression and responded, “You know of the blood oath?”

Wallace nodded calmly and spoke, “I do, and I give my blood oath that Ice’Rock will not be harmed while alone with me, and if she is I will give myself into your hands so you may extract the vengeance yourself.”

Gore’Rock looked at Blood’Scale and both turned back and nodded. They made towards the exit but Branch stayed behind and looked at him, “If’ns you are lying, I will be killing you before yous can hand youself over to him.”

Wallace smiled softly and nodded, “Of course young one, the fire of the Elderwild runs deeper than any blood oath ever could. I promise to you as well, I will not harm your Chief in any way.”

Branch gave Pela a worry free look but it was obvious the last thing she wanted to do was leave. As she was stepping towards the tent door Wallace spoke, “I would encourage you to not stand to close to the Knights when you exit the tent, they are still fuming a bit.”

Branch gave him one look and then locked eyes with Pela over his shoulder before she exited the tent without another word. Pela would notice that as soon as the tent closed the air tingled slightly and there was not a single sound heard outside. He looked at her and spoke, “A ward, simply to keep the conversation private.”

He walked over to one of the chairs that had been tossed over and turned it upright, dusting off the seat and gesturing for Pela to sit. He then pulled up the one he had been sitting in and looked at her. His face was a smile and he simply stared at her for a long period of time.

After a few moments of silence he reached and picked up the parchment which had the terms on it and looking at it he spoke, “I agree with you that these terms are completely unfair and unacceptable.”

Pela’s look was complete shock at his admittance. He nodded and brought his hand up to keep her from speaking before he continued, “I did not come, as the Knights think, to negotiate any kind of agreement… I came to see you.”

Pela’s face reflected her feelings and he leaned forward slightly, his eyes flashing silver, “You see child, though you thought you had only one family member in the tent when you and your party arrived, in fact you had two.”

Kali looked at Tanjee and spoke, “I don’t expect that they will release the city back to the humans, and why should they? The humans were routing to attack the Nethermen Nation and wipe them from the planet. The humans started the war, not the Nethermen. Once the Nethermen countered their aggression however, they learned that they had messed with the wrong bunch. Pride and ignorance, it will eventually be the ultimate downfall of mankind. They crave power and land with an insatiable lusting like hormone soaked teenagers. But when you take something of theirs, well they don’t like that very much do they?”

She inhaled deeply and looked at both of them, “Listen, I am only telling you this because I don’t want to see the two of you get pulled into some political conflict that is completely not of your doing, and none of the Knights in this region should be involved with anyway. Frankly the Knights of the north brought this misery and defeat upon themselves. As Trystan knows however, I have an accord with Lady Rose, that some Knights will accompany to Ice Wall, there is an artifact rumored to be there which can help if Piramay decides to turn her wrath against Heartlund again, and indeed I would wager at some point she will. It is called the Everwinter, and I agreed to go retrieve it. I would propose that I recommend the two of you come with me instead of a contingency of Knights. It will get you clear of all this ruckus and allow you both some of the alone time you are obviously craving.”

As she looked at them they would see she had a true sincerity in her face, something that neither of them would have ever seen form her, for the first time ever she was treating them like friends.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:07 pm

As Sir Thomas went on his tirade and started leaning towards Pela from across the table, she remained as still as a newborn fawn.  Her face never once registered any fear or anger as he practically spat at her.  When Blood'Scale finally could take no more and rose with a mighty roars, smashing the table in two, she rose to her feet as though she were excusing herself from the dinner table.  

LiKe Blood'Scale she had enough of the arrogant Knights rankings and was fully prepared to strike him down as she had promised to do so.  The pull of magic towards her was growing with each passing moment.  When Wallace stepped between her and the Knights, she locked gazes with him but refused to refrain from gathering her power.  

She was angry, and very much so.  This Knight needed to be taught a lesson in respect of others and she was going to do just that.  But when Wallace demanded the Knights leave, she began to cease drawing the power to her.  Her eyes never left Wallace as the Knights finally conceded and left the tent.  Once they were gone, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

When Wallace requested a private audience with her, she quirkier a brow at the idea but decided to agree to it all the same.  Beforehand the others left the room, she locked gazes with them letting them know she would be just fine and if anything happened, they knew just what to do.

As she sat and Wallace sat staring at her from across the expanse, she began to feel uneasy.  But his next words caught her completely by surprise and she couldn't help but blink.  He felt she was right.  Praise whoever looked down upon her and blessed her with this knowledge at the moment.  But it was his next words that caused her heart to skip a beat then start bearing just a little faster.

The shock and confusion a clearly shoed on her face and she dared to look towards the opening. Of huge tent flap before she looked back to Wallace. Cher ice blue eyes riveted to his face as she spoke.

"One of the Knights?  They are some how related to me?  Does he know it?"

She glanced back towards the tent flap for a long moment before she looked back to Wallace.  There was anger and a deep felt hurt in her eyes and her voice was laced with bitterness.

"Perhaps he can tell me why I was not good enough to be a part of his family.  Or why my mother felt it was better to leave me on the side of the road in the middle of the winter only moments after she expelled me for her womb.  Yes.  I think I would love to hear why."

It was obvious Wallace had struck a very sensitive nerve with Pela on this subject of family and it was not going to be easy to convince her otherwise.

"By all means, Sir Barrister, please do call them an back in her so he may answer my questions."

Tanjee looked over at Trystan then back to Kali.

"You want us to accompany you to Ice Wall?"

The look on Kali's face was sincere enough to let Tanjee know.the wizard was very sincere.  She looked to Trystan and gave a shy smile.

"It would give us time together not to mention the fact we would be able to make sure the other is not put in harms way and if they are, able to help take care of any of that harm."

She saw the hesitation in Trystan's face and took his hand gently in her own.

"Think of the adventures we could tell our children and grandchildren.  We could keep them entertained for hours."

Her cheeks colored a deep rose at what sane was referring to but she wasn't going to back down.  She knew both of them had been called by higher powers to do what they could for the good of Krynn.  Even if it meant teaming up with a Black Robed Mage.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Wallace watched as Pela grappled with what he had told her, there was anger, confusion, sadness and resentment all rolled into her words as she spoke. When she requested that the member of her family be brought back in to answer her questions he blinked his eyes, a flash of silver moved out from the pupil as fast as a wink and he leaned forward, “It is not the Knights whom you are related to child.”

As she looked at him he saw the understanding, along with absolute shock enter her face and he nodded softly. As the wave of silver moved out from his pupil his eyes took on those of his true form, slit pupils and ice blue cornea stared at her with understanding. As he watched her grapple with the thoughts in her mind he spoke softly, “I am afraid however, that this is only where the story begins. You see, you were not abandoned on the road, you were left, but not because you were abandoned.”

He leaned forward slightly and spoke, “Your mother was human, your father, dragon. It is a roll of dice when two species breed as such, the results are completely unpredictable and frankly it is severely frowned upon by the gods, however we all have the will to see our choices played out, such was the way of things with your parents. Of course your father was in human form during the conception, so you would not, even, could not take on any of the exterior characteristics of dragonkind, but his blood is within you. Have you never stopped to think why you are uncomfortable in the heat? Why you can walk around in the ice cold with naught but a cotton shirt and thin breeches, barefoot no less, but be as comfortable as a normal human on a warm summer day? Have you never stopped to question how a girl of fifteen can move magic the way you can? It’s the silver dragon blood within you child, it’s the unpredictability manifesting itself to create the result that is you.”

He watched as her eyes danced with questions. He placed an ice cold hand on her knee and spoke, “It is a long story, and someday I promise to tell it to you, but in short your father loved you very much. Your father was called to war and left your pregnant mother to do what was his duty. He was as hot headed as any dragon I ever knew, or have ever known, but he loved your mother deeply. Two months he was gone and she gave birth to you in their small cabin, not but a few hours ride from this very spot. Now we don’t know all the details, but what we were able to piece together is the screams of her giving birth to you attracted some evil elements, goblins to be precise. You were only days old and they attacked your mother as she was out getting water, you bundled against her bosom. She was a fierce woman, as feisty as her bright red hair, and she fought them off, but not before she was wounded, fatally. We know she crawled in the direction of Sanction, but it was hopeless for her, with her wounds as sever and the vile goblin poisons in her body she didn’t have a chance, but it was not within her to quit. She died with you still clutched to her chest on the roadside in half a meter of snow.”

“Your fathers connection with her of course gave us alarm and we flew as fast and straight as we could, but it was two full days and nights by air, by the time we arrived there was the nearly decomposed body of your mother due to the goblin poisons and footprints, Nethermen footprints, two days old and no sign of you. Naturally we assumed the worst I am ashamed to say and we circled the area a few hours looking for any sign of the Nethermen war party, however as you know Nethermen can choose not to be seen when they wish, even from dragons, and we had to return to the battle. A week later your father died of a broken heart at the loss of you and your mother, as I said he was hot tempered but he was as gentle a dragon as could be when it came to his family. Though he never met you I can assure you he would have been proud of what you have accomplished.”

He leaned back slightly and looked her in the eyes, “Oh, and for the record, I am Frostgale, your father was my brother, which would make you my niece.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Peal listened to Wallace, she felt as though she had been transported to some other place and time.  When he revealed his true self to her by letting her see his eyes, she gasped slightly.  Still, the news he was relaying to her was so shocking that she didn't know what to say or do.

Immediately her mind went tot the more sinister of things and as she began to think about what he was doing, she quickly stood and abruptly backed away for him.  Her head moved slowly from one side tot the other as she tried to find a reason why he would do this to her.

"No.  This cannot be true.  You are doing this to me to take away my focus on the real issue at hand.  Somehow you found out about my past and are using it against me to gain the upper hand for the Knights."

She ran to the edge of the tent near the opening and pointed towards the outside as she turned to look at Wallace again.

"Have the Knights already begun their attack against my people?  Are their other Silvers with you that were part of the Knights and are already laying waste to the. Nethermen?"

As though to answer her Wallace waved his hand and the sides of the tent became clear and she could see outside and saw her counsel was seated just to the left of the tent and the Knights paced slowly to the right side of the tent.  She breathed a sigh of relief and turned back around to face Wallace who once more waved his hand and returned the tent to normal.

She began to pace then as she took in all of this news.  Silver dragons were not known for lying.  At least not the ones she knew.  If nothing else they were almost brutally honest but delivering the news as gently as they could.  No, no, no....this simply could not be happening right now.  What did this dragon have to gain by telling her all of this now?  Surely there had to be another reason other than the story he was giving her.

Finally she stopped pacing and turned to face Wallace then walked slowly towards him.  Her eyes were a mixture of emotions and it was clear she was barely keeping herself in check.  

"I need time to digest this.....news you have brought to me.  And I want to see this place that was supposedly my birth place.  If you know where it is, then take me to it.  No one else.  Just you and me.  Your blood oath will remain in place until we return. And you will have your Knights stand down until we return."

She locked gazes with him and saw the same ice blue color in his eyes that was almost a mirror of her own eyes.  She spoke again with a softer tone.

"You owe me that much, Frostgale."

Last edited by RPMistress on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:28 am

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Color_10Tara gave Gideon a warm smile as she held his hand while he led her from her small cabin taking her to where he'd said Tanjee was last seen.  Her thoughts were racing around inside her head as she walked anxious for answers.  The children were finishing up their practice when she left with Gideon, puzzled by the fact that she'd not noticed when they'd waved at her.  

As they walked hand in hand, they walked by the stockade where she slowed and finally stopped.  She looked up at Gideon and saw that he was not pleased with what her knew she was about to do.  

"I wish to speak with, James again.  And I will speak with him, Gideon", she said with a determined look in her green eyes.  "I do not mind if ye wish to be there as well......but before I speak to Tanjee I will speak with him."

With that said, she turned and went straight into the stockade, speaking to the guard on duty.  When he cast a questioning glance to Gideon, Tara stayed quiet waiting until he nodded his head to the guard and he allowed her entry back to the cells.  James was sitting on his cot, finishing his noon meal when he heard Tara's voice and looked up with a smile.  

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Th10

"I see ye've come to see me again, Tara.  Ye be a sight for tired, lonely eyes", he said in a friendly, gentle voice.

"How are ye healing, James?  The wound Tynen gave ye...is it mending properly?"

"Aye, Tara....tis mending fine.  What can I do for ye, M'lady?"

"James....I heard what ye said to Gideon after Tierza attacked me.  What all did Tynen say to ye?  I needs to know what you know."

James cast a sly look at Gideon before turning back to her, his gaze now filled with gentle understanding.  "I imagine ye must be very confused, Tara.  All I know is when Tynen grabbed me after ye'd been attacked all he said to me was that ye were a quarter Northern Elf and that is why Tierza's blood was affecting you so badly.  Tis all I know.  He said no more to me before he disappeared."

Tara's eyes were locked on his while he spoke, looking for any sign of lies and finding none.  Either he was telling the truth that he didn't know anymore than what he'd said or he was an expert at lying.  She wanted so badly to believe that he was telling her the truth but she still had a feeling that James was not as he seemed.   That was when she remembered touching Tierza and feeling the dark coldness that was within her.  She looked down at her hand, wondering if it would do the same with James.  But how could it.  She'd touched him plenty of times before during practices and such and had felt no darkness within him.  But still...something was not right.

"You said that Tynen had come upon ye whilst ye were relieving yerself.  Why didn't ye raise the alarm when ye told me that he wished to see me?  I be confused by that, James."  She watched him, waiting for an answer.  Again, James looked over at Gideon and grinned.

"He told me that Sir Trystan or Tanjee saw him they would run him through and he would never get the chance to see you....he seemed so sorrowful, Tara.  He truly seemed as if he wanted ye to see that he'd changed.  I did not realize until it was too late that he had fooled me.  He stabbed me, for Goddess' sake, Tara.  I wish now that I had acted differently....I hope that one day ye can forgive me for what happened to you."  Oh, he was good.  He truly seemed sorrowful about what had happened to her and he could see that she was starting to waiver.   He stood up, walking towards her only to stop in the middle of his cell when Gideon stiffened.  "Tara, please believe me......I would never knowingly put ye in harm's way.  Ye be like the little sister I never had.  I understand why Sir Gideon had me put in here.....I would have probably done the same, but please know that I would never, ever intentionally cause ye harm or put ye in harm's way."  By the look in her eyes when he'd mentioned that it had been Gideon had been the one to put him in the cell, he knew that she'd not known it had been her love.  He turned and went back to his cot, sitting down and looking as sorrowful as he could, playing on her sympathetic side.

"How are the children?  I miss sparring with them.  How is Curtis?  I heard a rumor that he was with the healers.  Is he okay?"

Tara briefed him on what little she knew about Curtis and then spoke about the children before she said her good-byes to him and turned to leave the stockade with Gideon.  As she walked out of the cell area, she didn't see the mocking smile James gave to Gideon nor did she hear his soft spoken words to the knight.  "I told ye that she would come to me", he said to Gideon with a soft, menacing chuckle.

Once back outside, she looked up at Gideon.  "Something does not fit, Gideon.  There is something James is not telling me but I do not know what.  But....at the same time....what has he done to be locked up?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Frostgale looked at Pela as she threw her ultimatum at him. His demeanor didn’t change, however his voice sounded more like a parent talking to a child than it had only a few seconds ago, “Pela, I empathize with you, believe me I do. I realize that all this has been thrust upon you in a matter of minutes, but I owe you nothing.”

He leaned forward in his chair slightly, hands folded between his knees and resting on the silken, snow white robes, “To owe someone means you have taken from them, or became agreeable to terms offered for a service or goods, I have not obligated myself to you in any way, if anything I have just given you the truth of your origins. Take it or leave it, that is the facts. On top of that, you can not offer amendments to my blood oath, that is against the laws of your people.”

He leaned back again and spoke, “However, I am your uncle, and you should be shown instead of told, so I will grant you your request, but not out of any obligation to do so. I want you to be clear on that point.”

He watched Pela a moment and spoke again, “Take my hand.”

Pela reached, the instant her skin touched his she was sucked off with him through the air and landed almost instantly on a road. He looked at her and saw she was alright he faced to his right and pointed. A small lane, lined with trees on both sides led about 100 meters off the road. An old, overgrown building that looked like it had been burned down years and years ago could be seen. Together they walked in silence until they stood in front of it and Frostgale spoke, “This was your parents house. I spent more hours than I can count here with them. He walked up some old stone stairs and onto a broken porch foundation and then walked into the nearly flattened doorway. The house had not been small, but also not large, it was modest yet the remnants of the walls showed it was probably very homey. He watched her in silence so she could take it all in. Finally he broke the air with his voice, “Over here…” he walked to a small opening that was clearly the entrance to a bedroom, “This was your parents room, and the place where you were born. Your father of course knew the mid-wife, and the plans were well in place before he left. So unless your mother changed them, not likely, you are standing in the space where you entered Krynn.”

He watched her, but remained silent, allowing her as much time as she needed to take it all in.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:04 pm

The last thing Pela needed now was to be chastised as a child but she held her tongue out of respect for the creature, not for the fact he was supposedly her uncle. The transport to the location was a bit abrupt to her but she was able to regain her balance quickly and take in her surroundings. There was some familiarity to the location to her, but not the lane Frostgale pointed towards.

As she approached what was left of the cabin that belonged to her parents, she slowly eased her frame up each step and through the doorway. The place was falling down around her, but she could see some semblance of what used to be a home here. A feeling like she never expected washed over her. Instead of something familiar, she felt as though she were trespassing on sacred ground and it made her very uncomfortable.

When Frostgale gestured to the room, Pela stepped into the room and looked around feeling like an invader once more. Her steps eased around the room trying her hardest not to make a sound for fear she would awaken the ghosts that now lived here. Her eyes rested on the bed that was barely recognizable now and she wondered what it was like for her mother to give birth to her alone.

Finally she turned back to Frostgale and gave him a look that was a mixture of sadness and confusion. With a slightly nod, she reached out to take his hand as she had done when they came to the strange place. In the blink of an eye she was back in the tent and immediately released his hand. She was very quiet for a long moment as she stood with her back to the dragon in human form and let everything sink in as far as it could. She was still struggling with all of this news. Finally she turned her gaze to Frostgale as tears filled her eyes and she struggled hard to keep them from falling and the emotion out of her voice.

”All these years….I thought my mother had abandoned me because she was sickened by the thought of giving birth to something she obviously didn’t want. I thought for certain my real father was nothing more than a bastard who had used my mother up and tossed her away like a dirty rag when he was done. It made it easier for me to think that was why she wished not to have anything to do with me and would rather let me die than look upon my face every day and be reminded of what happened to her. Bad’Rock would never say anything ill against my true parents since he did not know who they were and when I ranted about them he would just let me go. I know why he did. He knew I could not keep my hurt inside or it would poison me. He knew I was different than any other human he had come across. I wonder if that is why he spared me in the first place. But even he could surely not know this….truth.”

She wiped the moisture from her eyes only to allow more to gather. Looking over at Frostgale, she spoke in an almost childlike voice.

”This changes everything…..if I am to believe you, I was not left abandoned but forced from my parents lives by beings who moved in like a pack of wolves on a wounded deer. And I was not hated for who and what I was….but loved….And because of the love my father had for me, it killed him thinking he had lost his wife and daughter. What am I to do now?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Frostgale gave her the space she needed to work things out, this was a long road, not a short journey, and he knew that. As she spoke he simply listened and when she had finished he smiled tenderly, “Do? What is there to do except keep on living as you have?”

She looked up at him and he reached, plucking a tear from her cheek and holding it in front of her as it froze on the end of his finger, “This is but one tiny droplet, insignificant and even the wettest ground would swallow it up. But when combined with the might of millions more like it, it can wash away a village, swallow a ship and its crew, bury the mightiest kings.”

He took her hand and turned her palm up, placing the tear in it. The droplet stayed frozen as it sat on her skin, “You, Niece, have an ocean standing behind you! You have done the impossible, done what NO other human has ever done! You have seized the heart of a nation of warriors and then forged it into a weapon which plucked the crown jewel right out of a region! The humans out there, they fear you more than death itself! They have come with these… these TERMS, but what they really want is to not have you and your Nethermen breathing down their necks! Sir Thomas has ten thousand knights strong two ranges over. They are encamped and if you accept these terms, they will strike as you withdraw. THAT is the heart of the Solamnic Knights! They claim their honor is their life, but what they truly are is zealots for a forgotten cause.”

He turned and looked towards the tent entrance and then back to her, “There are some still, some that tend the old codes like a Rose garden, but most… most are lost to their hunger for power.”

His eyes flashed and he stepped towards her, “You ask me what I think you should do? I think you should tell Sir Thomas to eat this paper, and then let him decide if he wants to break his men on the walls of Sanction.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Pela looked at the tear drop in her hand as she listened to Frostgale. Her eyes slowly left the droplet then settled on him. She had never looked at what she had done in those terms before but when she heard them uttered from his lips, she knew he was right. She HAD done the impossible. Perhaps it was time to show she COULD be a leader….a leader who was not only fair and just but one who brooked no argument when it came to the fairness and compromise she was more than generous to give.

Her hand closed around the tear drop and squeezed hard before she opened her palm once more then blew the now crystallized particles into the air and watched them drift away in a twinkling of light dancing through the minute specks. Her eyes once more held his, clear and moisture free.

”And you, Uncle? What will you do if I chose to send these arrogant knights away with what is left of their regiment? Are you here to aid them now that you have talked to me? Or will you leave them to their fate and let the Gods see if they are worthy of being spared death at the hands of the mighty Nethermen warriors? If Sir Thomas decides if the lives of his men are insignificant and challenges us. I need to know if my decision to insist on my terms will wind up causing the utter extinction of my people for you see, I came here fully prepared to accept their terms, no matter what, when it was suspected, and later confirmed you were a dragon. Even before you revealed yourself to me. I know there is no way my warriors could defend against a mighty dragon, no matter what we did. But when I heard the terms, saw the smug look on Sir Thomas’ face, I simply refused to bend to the will of these arrogant fools who think they can order us around like cattle. We are so much more than that. Obviously they have not learned their lesson….yet.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Frostgale looked at her as she spoke and he responded when she had finished, “My agreement with Sir Thomas was to mediate the agreement, it is his assumption that I am his to command should you turn him down. His pride sickens me. Since I stepped into his camp two days ago I could feel his arrogance and prejudice dripping off him like a filthy mop.”

He took a step towards her and spoke, “I can not get involved, either way. Sir Thomas does not know the truth about what I really am. I can only assume you know because of the Elderwild, she is strong, VERY strong in the old ways, my guess is she knew the moment she saw me yesterday. By the gods I wish the Elderwild still moved as free and unabandoned as they once did.” He inhaled deeply and looked at her again, “If I was to interfere, the High Borne would see me stripped of my ranks and I would be held to the Misty Isle. I can not, for my service to him, get involved directly in the affairs of humans. He grants us silvers some leniency towards our passions, but some of us silvers have lost that passion for humanity. My desire is to see justice in this land, all of Krynn, I wish it to be stripped of evil and flourish as it once did during the golden age. However that does  not come by peace, no Niece, it requires a hammer blow to the heart so wickedness can be eradicated.”

His words were strong and full of impressive conviction. Finally he took one last step and knelt down in front of her, reaching up and placing his hands on her arms, “I can not tell you the future, if you refuse his …. offer, I would wager he will attack. It will take one full day to assemble his army into formations and ride against you. I understand you don’t want to risk the extinction of your people, but you need to face the reality that you are surrounded by nations that wish you extinguished. Don’t lay down to them. It is going to cost lives, that is the reality of war. This is when you need to be a leader, only you can make the decision to stay in Sanction or leave it, but if you leave it, you will still fight Sir Thomas’ army, either behind Sanctions walls, or in front of it.”

She could see he wanted to hold her in a loving hug, but he hesitated. Their relationship was too young to assume that was alright. He moved back ever so slightly and released her arms as he spoke, “I also want you to know, I would have come sooner had I known you were alive, it was only last week when I heard of a silver haired teenager who could cast ice like a dragon that I knew you were my Niece, and I must say now that I have seen you, you are a spitting image of your mother.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Once again Pela listened to the words of this creature who claimed to be her uncle. She couldn't dispute his claim and she saw the way he looked at her. If he were acting the part he was doing a tremendous job. His reasoning about not being able to interfere made sense. She heard the other Silvers refer to the High Borne when she was in Heartlund. Still, when he knealt down before her and touched her arms gently there was something about the way his touch felt that made her believe him. And take his words to heart.

"I will need to take this decision to the clan counsel. While i can suggest what we do, I cannot move without their support. I will keep the fact the Knights are amassed and in waiting to myself but I will order a wide sweep of border patrols just to be sure we are not being set up. And I will not tell them what you really are, even though Silent'Oak has practically given you up. I will make sure she keeps it between the two of us."

She looked up at him when he stood up.

"I will stall the Knights telling themthat after speaking with you, I must talk to the clan counsel before we can vive our answer to their terms. And I will make sure my patrols are sent out after dark so the Knights will be none the wiser."[

When he mentioned her resemblance to her mother, she paused and blinked. In an almost breathless voice she asked the most burning questions of all.

"What were their names? And what name did they give me....before they died? "
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm

He listened to her words and with a slight nod he spoke, “If I might offer one piece of advice, do not allow them the chance to assemble to attack, use the element of surprise and deception, claim you need to see your council, but strike before the middle of the night this very evening, strike in the pale moons light and the hammer blow will resonate across all the human lands. They will then know that the Nethermen are not a barbarian race of neanderthalic thugs. They will see that they are up against an army that knows how to use tactics and gain an advantage. That fear will ultimately bring respect, but I fear this battle with Sir Thomas’, no matter the outcome, won’t be your last.”

When she asked her last question about her parents he smiled and looked at her tenderly, your mother’s name was Rebecca, your Fathers’, Frostbite by the Dragonkind, but he went by Francis when he walked among them as a human. As for you.” He reached into his robes and removed a silver pendant that was suspended by a solid, silver chain, removing it form his neck he handed it to her. It was in the shape of a triangle that faced down, laced with intimate knot work and in the two top corners were etched the names, “Rebecca” on one side and “Frostbite” on the other. Thinly etched lines that intertwined from the two names came to meet in the middle and laced themselves around a third name, “Ela’le’luna”. As she read it and then looked back up at him he smiled with moisture in his eyes, “Your father had that made right before he left for war, he wore it as a reminder of your coming.” She looked at him curiously and before she asked her question he spoke, “We are dragons child, we knew you would be female.”

With a smile he continued, “He referred to you as Luna, but Ela’le’luna is your birth name.” He watched her and waited a moment and then spoke again, “I will not call them back in until you are ready.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes   Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch9: Requital, Revenge, Redes
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next