Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Richard_barr

When Dawson, turned away and poured himself a whiskey at the bar, Barr relaxed. The man, had obviously come to his senses and the Marshal rather preferred a drink to the alternative. Stepping forward, he walked straight into Tumbleweed's big fist, all went black for a moment and Barr found himself staring up at as Bones Brown from the floor. It seemed that old, Dawson knew a lot more about his past than he realized, but Barr made peace with the fact he'd be going straight to hell a long time ago.

Barr rubbed his jaw and spat out a wad of blood before he accepted Dawson's hand up. "What scares me, Dawson, is that I know you were holding back on that one." Said the Marshall as he steadied himself against the bar. With a waving hand, Barr grabbed the whiskey bottle and Pete fired down a glass pronto, just as he haphazardly poured the liquor, spilling more over the bar than in his glass. He spun around and raised it to seal the deal, "To partnership." he toasted and as the Marshal shot back his drink a half-breed apache wandered in from the back.

"Godammit!" Cursed Barr, "Who the hell are you?"

Barr had a mind to shoot the kid dead where he stood but then he noticed that he was not only familiar with Dawson, but he seemed to know Sandy and Bones as well. The Marshal laughed at the comedy of errors. He had purposely, placed three of his most incompetent men at the back of the saloon to ensure that Sandy and Bones could make an easy, yet believable get away, so he wasn't surprised that the Keegan girl's ranch hand slip by them so easily. 'What the hell else could wrong?' Barr wondered.

"McIntire's here..."

When, Chase mentioned that the Sheriff of Shady Gulch was already at the jailhouse, Barr's eyes widened. "What the hell is he doing here at this time in the morning?" He said surprised, while wiping the blood away from the corner of his mouth, "Land sakes! Well, y'all better get the hell outta here. Behind the saloon are three of the stupidest men I have, try not to hurt 'em too bad. There's three horses back there as well if'n ya need 'em."

The Marshal was thinking as fast as he could. He planned on them having a lot more time to discuss the heist but as fate would have it, McIntire was early. "There's an old abandoned farm house about ten miles west of here, you can't miss the weather vein standin' over it. In the east corner of the main room, you'll find a hidden trap door that leads to the cellar and down there you'll find enough supplies to keep ya fer a few days if needs be. I'll meet ya there tonight."

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Sandy_wilken

Sandy threw back his shot and listened intently to the marshal's instructions. Seemed easy enough, all except for the fact that McIntire was lurking about town. Still, he didn't waste any time gathering his gear up and making for the back.

"Just a goddam moment." Snapped Jesse, "I gotta git my gear from upstairs. Hold yer horses for a moment, Sandy. Just wait! Yer gonna end up gettin' your tail shot off! Even if they is three fools out thar, they's still three fools with guns."

As Jesse ran up the stairs, Sandy cracked the back door open ever so slightly to get a look outside. All he could see was the edge of one man's shoulder standing not more than a few feet away and the others were around the other side of the door.

"We might as well get rid of them, real quiet like." Whispered Sandy who was already planning to use a sleeper hold on the closest one, "Where's Dawson? We could use his fists."
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 75ad0910Chase stood there, looking at the Marshall and listening to what he had to say on where to meet up. When Sandy walked over to the rear door and peeked out, he worried about Maddie. How in the hell were they gonna get her out of McIntire's hands now? Sandy, Bones, and Dawson didn't realize the hurt McIntire would put on Maddie for not only being a Keegan, but for being the one woman who would just as soon spit in his face, and had done so before, than look at him.

"Wait a minute, Marshall. What about Maddison Keegan? I know she's in your jailhouse and I know what McIntire will do to her if he gets his hands on her."

He looked at Sandy then Dawson, his eyes telling both men that he was not about to leave his best friend and a woman who was like a little sister to him behind.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Madiso11
Maddie sat up straighter when she heard McIntire's voice. Her heart filled with dread and a little fear which she quickly swallowed down, the all too familiar defiant look filling her blue eyes. When McIntire walked back to her cell and stood in front of the bars, she sneered at him as she leaned up against the cool brick wall next to the small window.

"Well...well.....well, they'll just let any type of dirt filled scum into this town."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Marshal Barr tipped his hat back and scratched his head out of frustration. He was really beginning to dislike this half-injun. "Well, I'm sorry about that kid. I truly am," he replied, "but ya see there's not much I can do now if'n, McIntire's got to her. If that rattlesnake catches wind of what we're up ta, he'll string us all up."

The Marshall left it at that. He really didn't give a plug nickel for the girl, she'd always been a thorn in his side the way she set off, McIntire and as far as he was concerned she was gettin' her just desserts, or McIntire was getting his. How ever that expression went.

As the outlaws were heading out the back, Marshall Barr and Deputy Murdock headed out the front. They took their time, making sure the others had a chance to take out the three men in the back and make their getaway before heading out. When they did, they both ran out firing back into the saloon, aiming at the floor, trying to put on a good show. The Marshal, held his jaw to draw attention to the bloodied lip that Dawson had serendipitously provided and hollared, "They're gettin' away, boys. Get in thar and get em!"

The Marshal's deputized gang drew their pistols and stormed into the saloon ready to shoot dead any outlaw that crossed their paths.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Bones_10

Jesse came back down stairs quickly, with her gear slung on her shoulder she made for the back door.

"See you boys outside..." She said with a grin as she passed by Sandy and Bones and was the first out the back door. There was a thud on the other side of the open door as Jesse began to scrap it out with one of the deputies.

Bones rushed out the back door, the thin man kept his guns in his belt. Jesse had a hold of the closest deputy, she had pulled on his neck kerchief forcing him to lean forward as she brought her knee to his groin. The man was on his knees gasping for breath, Bones moved past the unfortunate man to see two other deputies about ten feet away. The men were only just reacting to Jesse's assault on their friend. One man was putting his thin cigar out as the other was rushing at Jesse. Bones made his way to the man with the cigar as the third man came at Jesse and Sandy.

The man with the cigar went for his gun, Bones got a hold of his arm and held it fast as he came eye to eye with the deputy.

"Not fast enough boy." Bones growled as he elbowed the young man in the chin. The man stepped backwards from the blow, it was painful but the man was still on his feet. Bones forced the young deputy back further until his back was against the rear of the building. Bones still had a hold of his one arm as the young man struggled to remove his pistol from his belt.

Bones elbowed the dark haired man again this time right in the nose. The man cursed as his nose began to bleed. Bone had undone the man's gun belt with his free hand, his weapons slid to the ground and bones kicked them away.

Bones let up on hitting the young man and took a step back and scooped up the deputy's guns.
"You go on now, get the hell out of here or I'll finish what I started."

The man began to walk past Bones and back to where Jesse and Sandy were, he kept his head down and was pinching his bloody nose to keep it closed.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am

"Whoa! —" Sandy cried as Jesse ran by, but true to her nature the impetuous woman never took the time to look before she leapt, so he chased after her. Not that she needed any help dealing with one man, but there were two more rushing to their friend's aid. Bones met one head on, and the other a small scrapper came at Sandy swinging a heavy stick.

Sandy figured, the Marshal made sure to inform these deputies to take them alive at all costs, thus preventing them from using their guns and getting off a lucky shot. Fine by him, except he happened to get the creative one, with the axe handle. Why in the hell did he always get the mean little guys? The scrapper swung low and Sandy, leapt back, then he swung high and the wrestler saw his opportunity. Ducking under the skull crushing swing, Sandy got a good grip on the man's mid-section and hooking his arms round his legs took him down, simultaneously flipping him on his belly. Prone, the smaller man tried to swing backwards with his weapon, but Sandy easily blocked the weak attack and drove his knee into the man's back. The man gasped and spit out the dirt driven into his mouth, then feeling the weight lift off his back spun around ready to swing again.

"Enough." Said Sandy pointing a gun at the man's belly.

The deputy quickly dropped the axe handle and looking down realized that the outlaw was holding his own gun on him, which he must have slipped out of his holster when he threw him down.

"Y'all are under arrest —" the deputy squeeked.

"Save it." Sandy cut in, directing the deputy with a wave of his gun, and the scrapper fell in line behind the other man who staggered past him holding his bloody nose. They headed back into the Silver Sage saloon, thankful to be alive and Jesse holding the pistol of the third deputy kicked the last one in the arse and slammed the door behind him.

"The first man that pokes his head outta that there door, I'm a shootin' off his pecker pole! Ya here me!" Hollered Jesse, quickly backing away from the door while keeping her gun trained on it. Nearing the horses she tossed aside the deputies gun, threw her gear to Sandy and straddled onto his pony leaving the last one for Dawson or whoever else might need it.

"Let's git the hell outta here boys!" Shouted Jesse with a triumphant yip, spurring the horse forward as she clamped tightly onto Sandy.

Sandy guided the horse round a corner and rode east, back to where he and Bones had left their horses and possessions. Jesse drew her gun and looked back to make sure Bones was with them and no one was pursuing them. She saw a few deputies on foot run around the corner but by the time they raised their gun and drew a bead on them they were well out of range. They had made it out of town, now all they had to do was make it to the marshal's hide out and wait for him to arrive, a plan that Jesse was all to comfortable with.

"Y' know, boys. I don't trust that marshal as far as I can spit. I say we high tail it." Voiced the gruff woman.

Sandy had actually been debating the same thing, but then he thought about the money and the satisfaction of robbing that son-of-a-bitch, McIntire. "I don't trust 'em either, Jesse," Agreed Sandy, "but let's see how close we get to that iron wagon. We can bail-out at any time."

"Well, yeah. Maybe." Debated Jesse. She still didn't like the plan, but a few extra dollars in her pocket stolen from a tyrant was hard to pass up.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Jessica_rusch
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Bones rode out of town with his old friends, it felt proper that Jesse was back in the mix. Bones looked ahead of him and Sandy, the wild woman was yards ahead of them riding out front like a bat out of hell.

Bones smiled as he heard Jesse yip and shout, spurring her stolen horse faster and faster.
"Let's go you mangy thing, Git!"

The outlaws were riding for Barr's abandoned farmhouse, Bones would keep his eyes open for the old weathervane.

It was ten miles to the hideout, Bones wondered as he always did, was this another set up?

Bones was liking the idea of taking the iron wagon apart, hitting McIntire where he hurt would put a smile on the thin gunfighters face. Bones did not give a hang about the money, damn the money, Bones was just happy to ride with Sandy and Jesse again.

"Faster you ugly som'bitch" Jesse shouted to her horse as she increased the distance between she and Bones and Sandy.

"God I love that girl." Bones said to Sandy as they rode.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am

Sandy smiled broadly at his old friend, sharing the sentiments of the gunslinger. It was like old times again and the sharp-shooter felt something he hadn't had in a while — a sense of security. He had never taken much mind of it before he met Jesse and Bones, and he sure did appreciate it now after losing it.

He wasn't sure what exactly happened to Dawson, but Sandy caught sight of the big man heading round the other side of the Silver Sage saloon. The man moved with purpose and so he didn't think to turn back for him, Tumbleweed could easily take care of himself and look after that kid, Chase as well. Sandy also felt a little bad about leaving the Keegan girl behind, but with McIntire in town he'd not only have his own men at his disposal, but Barr's men as well. Those were bad odds, and Sandy wasn't about to risk any of their lives on a fool's mission.

While they rode hard too Barr's hideout, the Marshal made his way back to his office. All along the way back down Main Street, Barr ran his story over his mind. It had to be air tight, or McIntire would suspect something, and that man had a nose like coyote. He could usually sniff out a lie so the Marshal had to have his wits about him.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Mcinti10

McIntire grinned fiendishly as he looked, Madison up and down. He chuckled delightfully at her feistiness when she called him scum. 'Dirt filled scum', to be precise. God, how he loved her spirit. Breaking her would be one of his greatest triumphs yet, and with her he planned to take his time and enjoy every moment of it.

"Well now there, Miss Keegan, aren't you a right perdy little jail bird." McIntire hummed.

The girl hissed so loudly that the Sherrif stepped away from the bars, else he have to fend off her grabbing hold of him and risk damaging his prize. "You do have spirit." he commented, then turned away when he heard the bell on the door chime.

"Hmmm, that best be the Marshal." Said McIntire, then tipping his hat politely to the Keegan girl said, "Now, don't go running off now. We have some unfinished business."

Sherrif McIntire gave her a stomach turning wink and headed back into the main office where he met up with Marshal Barr. "Good morning, Richard." he bid.

"Sherrif." Acknowledged Barr with a tip of his hat, "What brings you to town so bright early?"

McIntire immediately noticed Barr's bruised and bloody lip but didn't mention anything of it. He just strolled over to Barr's desk, sat in his chair and threw his boots up on the desk, purposely kicking the dirt off his boots just to see if he could a rise out of the man. When he didn't, he leaned back and placed his hands behind his head. He looked at the door then slowly his eyes traced their way back to settle on the Marshal.

"So where are my fugitives?" he asked.

"I'm really sorry, sir. I had the place surrounded, but that son-of-bitch, Dawson up and cold-cocked me and they made out the back. They took out my deputies and high-tailed out of town."

McIntire stared up at the ceiling and rocked back forth for a while. The chair creaked and groaned in time with, Barr's heart beat which was steadily rising into his throat. He could feel the heat rising out of his collar and feared that soon he would start sweating, but then the Sherrif spoke.

"Well Dawson's far better than you ever were, or will be, Barr, so it doesn't surprise me."

Barr grit his teeth at the insult but forced a nod. "He caught me cold, sir."

"Shut-up, Barr! If'n that man would a caught you cold you'd be dead right now. No, you're down right sloppy! Now, seeing as how you did manage to catch me the Keegan girl, you've put me in a good mood and I'm going to over look your foul up. Just make sure they're outta my jurisdiction, and if'n there not I want them dead. You hear me!"

"Yes sir." Said Barr.

"Now, why don't you git outta here and give me some privacy. Go on, and git! I don't wanna look at right now."

Marshal Barr hastily left his office. He didn't know what the Sheriff had in mind and he didn't really care, all he knew was that he literally dodged a bullet.

Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:20 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Buck_daniels

After the marshal had left the office, ol' Buck Daniels who had been quietly sitting in the turn-key's room glanced over at McIntire. The Sheriff's look said everything his loyal man needed to know and the turn-coat deputy moseyed out after Barr.

McIntire was no fool and knew that the best way to keep tabs on his employees was through the watchful eyes of a bribed man and Buck Daniel's and been bought and paid for. Spying on the marshal had been very profitable for the deputy and Buck was good at it. He might have appeared to be a simple ranch-hand turned deputy on the outside but much of it was an act. In truth, Buck was near as shrewd as McIntire and it was this quality that made the Sheriff aware of the man and appoint him the task at hand.

As Barr made his way to his house at the other end of town, Buck strolled down the Main street, smiling and carousing while all the while keeping an eye on the marshal. He had wanted to get in on the action at the Silver Sage but as fate would have it, Barr kept him out of it and back at the jail, baby sitting the Keegan girl. Just like, McIntire he wondered how the outlaws were able to make such a clean get away from a surrounded saloon, but it hard to say exactly what happened not being able to have witness with his own eyes.

Buck smiled at one of the local working girls as she passed by him on the boardwalk and that's when he stopped dead in his tracks as Mitch Murdock slipped out from around the corner of a building in usual creepy manner. His shadowed face beneath the brim of his hat was focused on one of the his small knives which he twirled dexterously through his fingers. Buck never liked the guy, he gave him the heebie-jeebies but he was Barr's right hand man so the turn-coat had to be wary of him.

"Jeezus, Mitch! Where in the Sam Hill did ya come frum?"

Mitch didn't reply, just continued to twirl his small throwing knife. Buck paused, and after about three breaths, figured he wasn't going to say much so he continued on his way. "McIntire's in the jail with that little shake so I'm off ta git me some doughgods and a coffee. I'll be down at the inn." he lied.

Buck made his way down the board walk toward the other end of town and made sure he went right instead left after Barr in case Mitch was watching him. All he wanted to do right now was make sure he was aware of the marshal's whereabouts and he had a good view of his house from the front window of the Desert Rose.

Back at the jail...

McIntire waltzed back into the jail, leaned against the wall and lit his pipe. His snake eyes lingered for a moment on the Keegan girl as he sucked back the tobacco and blew out a great cloud of blueish smoke. He produced from under his arm a box which he tossed onto the jailer's table and flipped open with one hand. Reaching in he drew out a beautiful dress. It was cornflower blue with a white lace back and pearl decorations along the girdle.

"Thought ya might put this on." Said McIntire and it was quite clear that he wasn't asking, "And if'n yur thinkin' of down right refusing I'd advise ya ta reconsider. Ya see, some of my deputies spotted that half breed yer partial ta and if you don't want see the flesh whipped off his back and his neck stretched, you best be doin' as I ask."

McIntire walked over to the cell slipped the dress through the bars and tossed it onto the cot. He smiled fiendishly and made his way out. "Now don't ya keep me waiting to long. I figured we'd have lunch at the Desert Rose." he told her before he slammed and locked the door.

The sun was near its ten o'clock position by the time they spotted the old weather vein silhouetted against against the brilliant blue sky. There wasn't a cloud to be seen and the heat was already rising off the sandy ground. In another hour it would be too hot to comfortably travel and the farm house was a welcome sight. As they approached the building they could see that it was little more than ramshackle shack. There was no glass left in any of the windows and the roof was full of holes. The front door swung in the wind and the current tenants, three ornery crows squawked their protests as they vacated the dilapidated veranda and perched on the end of weather vein, curiously watching the newcomers.

About the only thing that didn't look like it was falling apart was a small corral attached to the building that would serve to keep the horses. They had stopped by to pick up their other mounts which they had left hidden just outside of town and now had two extra horses, more than enough to keep going if they were forced to.

Sandy threw a leg over his stolen piebald and smoothly drew his pistol as he landed on the ground. He motioned for Bones and Jesse to stay mounted as he made his way over to one of the windows. Peeking in the first window it was plain to see that there was no one waiting in ambush, and looking into the next saw a vacant back room. He then walked around the perimeter just to be sure and when he came round the other side, holstered his gun and walked back to collect his horses.

"All clear." he told Jesse and Bones, "The corral looks decent and it's right off the building so we can make a quick get away if we have to."

After they took care of the horses, the first thing Sandy did once they were inside the house was head to the east corner of the main room and locate the trap door that Barr told them about. It was well hidden, but a few hard stamps on the floor revealed the edges and using his knife pried it open enough to slip his finger under the wood. Once it was open, a ladder could be seen and hanging on hook beside it was a lantern topped up with fuel. Sandy lit the lantern and climbed down. The cellar was cool and permeated with that usual damp earthy smell, but his nose detected a few other smells lingering about. The first one, was gun powder, there was at least twenty barrels, more than enough to blow the entire house to hell. There were also several crates stacked in a corner and being the curious type, Sandy couldn't help but to pry one open with a crow bar he found laying about and wasn't surprised to find they were full of whiskey bottles.

Sandy climbed back up the ladder and handed the box of supplies, Barr told them about to Bones. He then went back down and returned with a couple of bottles of whiskey.

Jesse yipped excitedly when she saw the liquor and snatched them up. "This'll make the time pass boys!"

"There's seven crates of it down there and more than twenty barrels of gun powder." Sandy told them as he pulled himself out of the hole and sat at its edge his feet dangling through the opening, "Looks like Barr uses this place to store his stolen goods. There's a coal chute down there that's used to move the crates in and out."

"So what else is down there?" Asked Jesse greedily.

Sandy shook his head. "That's it. There's also a large cistern of water so there's more than enough for us and the horses. Guess we'll just sit tight until night fall."

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Jessica_rusch
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Bones sat on his horse and looked at the run down property, the house was no more than a shack, it looked like a stiff wind would knock it down. When Sandy was done looking the inside of the house over he gave Bones and Jesse a wave.

Bones climbed off of his horse and walked into the the old corral next to the shack. It was nice to be out of the sun, Bones took his hat off and wiped his sweaty face with an old hanky. Bones sat down on an old empty keg that was in the old place, it made a fine enough chair and allowed the gunfighter to see out the front of the house. When Sandy came up from the cellar with the spirits, Bones suddenly felt like a drink.

Bones slipped off his long overcoat and tossed it to the floor.
"It's damn hot today..." The thin man grumbled.
His shirt under his coat was yellowed and worn, there appeared to be a few old bloodstains on it as well. In a few places Bones or someone else had sewed some patches onto the shirt to keep it together. The older gunfighter had never been much for fancy duds nor had he ever been a slave to fashion but now he just looked ragged.

His pants looked much like his shirt, worn and threadbare but his gun belt and guns were spotless, the leather of his belt had been oiled and his guns did not have as much as a fingerprint on them.

As Bones was rolling up the sleeves of his shirt Jesse had snatched one of the whisky bottles, she pulled the cork from it with her teeth and spat it on the ground.

"I need to wash the dust outta my mouth..." The steely eyed woman said as she took a long pull from the bottle. She took the bottle away from her lips and swallowed, she then held it to her mouth again.
"I can still taste that dust."
She said with a grin as she drank again.

"Jesus Butch, when we loot that wagon I'm gonna buy you a new shirt."
Jesse said with a wink as she drank from the bottle for a third time.

"There's nothin' wrong with my shirt."
Bones said as he took the bottle from her.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Madiso11Maddie stared at the dress laying on the cot and as much as she wanted to destroy the thing and rip it to shreds, she knew that she couldn't risk Chase's life by her rebellious nature. Making sure no one was watching, she quickly undressed and slipped the dress on. She neatly folded her pants and shirt and tucked them away underneath the cot. Her boots poked out from beneath the hem of the skirt, but it couldn't be helped as they were the only foot wear she had.

She sat back down on the cot and waited for McIntire to return, wondering how in the hell she was going to get out of this and whether or not Chase was okay. Chase had made the comment that he'd see if Allison's father would allow him to court her and Maddie wanted to make sure that he had that chance with her best friend, so for now, she'd have to be a good girl and bite her tongue the best she could, which would be difficult to say the least.

She stood up when she heard McIntire approach and couldn't stop her blue eyes from spitting nails at him.

"There......I put on your stinkin' dress. Shall we go already? The sooner we go and get back the sooner I can get away from your stench."
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:47 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 225px-10

Quietly the men opened the stable doors and brought the eight-horse team forward. The sun would not rise for another hour and yet the men worked steady all night long. The second War Wagon appeared in the shadows in the barn and soon the horse team pulled it out. Mounted on a turret was a unique unit that Dr Gatling and his workers had built in a few days. The metal lathe used to mill the Gatling gun’s eight barrels also built the mechanics to operate the weapon.

The War Wagon, a horse-drawn wagon fitted with a Gatling gun was now ready to be tested for battle. Armed and loaded, the war wagon was driven out into an old quarry where an old mine shaft and buildings stood. Inbetween the buildings, were haystacks shaped to look like bandits and injuns. As the wagon flew by, Dr Gatling rotated the turret and rotated the hand crank on the gun. Firing the first rounds ever shot out of the weapon, the rapid fire bullets heated the barrels quickly and tore pieces of straw to shreds.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:51 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Tumble10

TW ran for the back door grabbing the young man by the britches and hauling him outta thar. All hell was breakin loose and the half breed didn’t quite understand wat was goin on. He screamed and kicked like a five year old as TW tossed him into the saddle. “Hey wat about Maddie…we can’t just go n leave ‘er with McInTire…

“Now boy I ain’t one fer takin no shame in doin this to ya and I thought I told ya to stay wit the horses. TW hoisted Chase into the saddle, and wrapped the reins firmly around his wrists so he wouldn’t be able to untie them until he was way out into the desert night air. TW grasped a splintered board from the broken saloon door and slapped the horse’s rump hard. The horse let out a sheik and jumped like a wild bronco before taking off like a bat out of hell. The horse trailed little dust and stormed across the open desert chasing the other two men and the saloon woman. TW would catch up to them soon enough, but now he was indebt fer bein rescued and TW wasn’t about to go back empty-handed, knowing how ruthless Sheriff McIntire, Barr and his deputy was. He also had an advantage as Barr’s men would no doubt form a posse and no one would ever expect, for one minute that Tumbleweed was crazy enough to stay in town to see about this young woman that the half breed worried so much for.

Grabbing a rifle from one of the fallen deputies, TW snuck around the back of the wooden structures getting further and further away from the saloon crime scene. Ethan saw the little jail and moved towards it until he heard voices. He saw Deputy Mitch Murdock talking to another man and dropped on all fours, crawling up the back steps of a building. Ethan pushed open the door and crouched in a kneeling position looking out the back door and listening for noises inside the building. He would have to stay here until the coast was clear and then decide what to do.

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:08 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Mitch_murdock

If there was one thing Murdock was known for it was keen senses. The man had an uncanny way about him and was always aware of his surroundings. When he had caught a glimpse of Dawson, scurrying back around the building he made sure not to alert Buck Daniels of his presence. Even though Barr swore that he was trustworthy Deputy Murdock had a bad feeling when he was around the man.

Mitch knew that their plan could go to hell in a hand basket if McIntire caught Dawson and right now the less people that knew he was still in town the better. If McIntire found out what Barr was up to, Mitch would be strung right up along side the Marshall. The risk had been an acceptable one considering, Murdock wanted nothing more than to get rid of McIntire, but now that Tumbleweed was still in town he feared that he might expose them all.

"Why in the hell didn't leave with the others?" Pondered Murdock, then it became plainly obvious as he looked up Main street and spied he jail house. It was that Keegan girl! He told Barr to put a bullet in her but the Marshal wouldn't listen. The man was good at what he did, far better than Murdock he admitted but when it came to women he was as soft as they came.

As Dawson kneeled behind the door he heard a whispering voice call out to him from outside.

"Hey, Dawson. What the hell are you still doing in town. Get yer ass down to the hide-out!"

Dawson wasn't exactly who it was that was talking to him since, Murdock hardly ever spoke but when the shadowy figure appeared round the corner and casually leaned against the wall so as not to attract any attention he recognized Murdock.

"It's the Keegan girl isn't it? Shoot! Yer goin' ta get every last one of us killed for that little shake." Murdock spoke lowly with his head down so no one looking on would suspect he was talking to anyone, "You gotta get outta town but if'n I can't convince ya, then I'm going to help ya. McIntire's goin' to want to show off his prize around town so you best wait until then. I overheard something about the Desert Rose, so I'm expecting he'll be taken her there for some lunch, then I imagine he'll taken her up to one of the rooms."
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:31 am

TW wasn't to confident in the Law in these parts, knowing Marshal Barr from the old days, but he already comprised his position. Damn...how in the hell did someone see him already...

Quietly, he listened to what was being said and figured it had to be the Barr's right hand man, Murdock speakin to him. Yeah...he knew he should of gone outta town with the others...but that damn kid would of got'n hisself killed tryin' to rescue this Keegan girl, hisself. He listened to what Murdock knew and decided he couldn't really pull this off without trustin another soul now.

Damn it. Thinkin to hisself...if only his partner , hadn't takin the short straw, it would of been me goin fer the supplies in Shady Gulch and perhaps things would of been different. If n how he'd had it his way, he would of been already riding toward the sunset with $2000 in his pocket from the cattle..but things just don't work the way one plans it and TW wasn't one to turn his back on the injun kid after being rescued. That son of bitch, McIntire and in the Desert Rose Saloon and Inn.

Without opening the door and in a hushed voiced, Ethan spoke...Murdock...don't double-cross me cuz I'd sure hate to have to put a bullet in ya. I'm gonna need a diversion...just tell me where they kept dynamite in this town and when the time is right...you're gonna have to watch the front entrance of the Desert Rose and make sure noone enters it. By the time, they figure on what's happenin' we should be long gone.

TW waited to hear Murdock. The man bitched and groan 'bout using dynamite in this town...but finally gave in. "Ok ok ok..Dawson..but if you get caught...you're dead, I'll pull the trigger myself. Barr keeps the dynamite locked up inside the back storage room of the church on the hill. I'll be waiting to hear from you."

TW crawled through the building and peeked out the windows in front and looked around for a target...he laffed when he saw the sonofbitch who dragged him through the desert and had his hawkin rifle in his left hand. Wells Fargo was the title of the building...Hmmm. wonder whats insdie that building. Looking the other way, he spotted the church on the hillside. Ethan crawled to the back door and opened it to peek outside. It seem the coast was clear and so he slipped outside. Murdock stepped out from the shadows...

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Tue May 11, 2010 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:27 am

Well lil princess...ain't you lookin' sweet as mommas puddin pie...I bet you taste just as sweet too. That dress fits snug...just like I like seein it fit on ya...Now Maddie...just so you know that injun stays alive as long as you corporate with me. We're goin down the street to the Desert Rose for some lunch and then you are gonna put on a lil show for me afterwards. If you want to see that half breed live then you're gonna do wat I say,,, understand...

McIntire didn't wait as he grabbed the keegan girl and held her lower jaw in his rough hands and looked directly at her. If I can't have ya...aint noone else gonna. He pushed his gun into her belly...now this dress does make you look lady like dont it.

Now I know that as soon as you get a chance to kick and swing, you are gonna try and git away...I aint lookin ta put a bullet in ya...sweet cheeks...so I know you're gonna really like me after this...Mcintire pulled a thick buffalo skined collar and pushed the rough collar onto her neck and buckled it from behind. Next he put a leash attached to the collar and pushed Maddie out of the cell.

Yes indeed sheriff Mcintire, you sure got yourself a nice trophy...the boys laughed at her perdictament and opened the door for the both of them. McIntire pulled the reins and unfortunately the Keegan girl had no choice but to follow him out the door of the jailhouse.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:07 am

TW looked at Murdock..well just dont stand there, what the fastest way up to that church without gettin caught?

TW followed Murdock along his route and as they crossed the town at its narrowest point east of the jailhouse, TW got a glimpse of the lil shake that the injun wanted to save...Yeah she was a looker...TW said to hisself but he realized she was probably high maintenance and he didnt have time to spend courtin a woman like that. Not now and not ever...

Murdock keep an eye on McIntire, you'll git my signal
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:02 am

Taking the dynamite and putting it to good use, TW slide the crate of TNT under the boardwalk. He crawled around under their noses making sure there was enough explosions around town to have people running every which way. TW ran the fuse to go off one right after the other. He laffed to himself the thought of meeting up with Barr and the expression on his face...shaking his head he heard the lil woman fuss and kick and literally pick up dirt and throw it a McIntire. McIntire feeling the dirt , turned around and slap her, then drew his weaponand placed the barrel on her forehead...Don't DO THAT AGAIN.

He smiled as two ladies twirling their umbrellas walked cross their pathes. Evening ladies, Sheriff McIntire tipped hishat and reholstered his gun. Pulling her the leash, he dragged the keegan girl into the Desert Rose behind him.

TW managed to find his rifle leaning against the barn door while the idiot who orginally placed the rifle down was taking a piss. TW snuck two sticks of dynamite inside the wells fargo office and then untied the bank assessor. Mister, ain't you afraid of McIntire. TW looked at him and laffed. You're their banker...? You need to get yourself out of town and let me have that check you wrote out to McIntire, Im gonna personnally hand it to him. With that done, TW crawled out back and half ran and half sprinted to the Desert Rose
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Madiso11Maddie couldn't believe he'd put a collar on her and was livid. Her head was still reeling from the hard slap McIntire had delivered and she could feel he bruise forming. But, she couldn't stop a smile as she heard him spitting out the dirt she'd thrown in his face. Even the barrel of the gun at her forehead couldn't stop the smile or the hatred burning in her blue eyes. Nor did it stop her from struggling once he'd reholstered his gun.

"You're a snake, McIntire!!! Nothing more than a pathetic bully!!"

Her voice hissed at him as she pulled back on the leash, making him stumble. She decided to take a chance and call his bluff about Chase. She knew Chase well enough to know that he could take care of himself and there was something about the way McIntire spoke about him that made her wonder if he really had Chase or not.

"Chase would rather you kill him then me have to suffer being around your stench!! If you think I"m going to make this easy for you, then you have another thing coming!"

She dug her heels in then and wrapping her hands around the leash she gave a hard tug, pullling him back and making him stumble.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:38 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 196510

Pulling the leash backed just about caused mcIntire to stumble and fall. I'd had enough of that lil Spinx. Taking the handcuffs out of his holster, he grabbed her left wrist and twisted her around and held her arm up the middle of her back. He locked the handcuff into place and grabbed the right wrist. Again, he twisted her arm back and locked the handcuffs into place, behind her back. I thought for sure you wouldn't give me a problem dear, but this is better, cuz now I can feed you myself and force you to drink with me.

Pulling her forward, he stepped up on the boardwalk in front of the Desert Rose Saloon. "Howdy, Mitch...you got light?" McIntire stood there and waited for Marshal Barr's deputy to light this skinny cigar cigarette that McIntire was going to smoke.

Maddie frustrated by being handcuffed, dropped down and sat on the edge of the boardwalk...refusing to move. Sheriff McIntire half smiled at Maddie, then viciously tugged on the leash to let her know who was in charge of her destiny. She fell off the boardwalk and stared under the boardwalk. Neither McIntire or Murdock noticed TW as he quietly laid under boardwalk, with a stick of dynamite in one hand and his other hand running across his lips indicating to Maddie to be quiet and not give away his position. Whispering was out of the question...but TW managed to smile at her and tipped his hat to you...yeah TW said to hisself she certainly was a Looker, but that dress did nothing for her...I wander if she could handle a rope and gun.

Com'n Maddie...McIntire pulled on the leash and half dragged her...You look like you've seen a drunk or a ghost, what's under the boardwalk?
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Madiso11Maddie had never been so humiliated in all of her life and it did nothing except make her even angrier, and after seeing the man under the boardwalk and his signal for her to keep quiet, she decided to use that anger to hide him. Getting to her feet was no easy feat with her hands handcuffed behind her back, but she managed and glared at McIntire for choking her with the damned collar as he pulled on it.

"I was imagining what you would look like under there. Underneath everyone's feet, where you belong right in the dirt, where all of the garbage should be. After all, it's clear that you can't handle one small woman like me when you have to handcuff me and slap a collar and leash on me. Like I said before....you're pathetic."

She gave him a saucy little smile, which quickly disappeared with the sharp slap he delivered.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:54 am

TW crawled to the end of the broadwalk and when the coast was cleared, pulled hisself clear and stood up. He watched at McIntire abused the young woman. Damn ...where in the hell was Barr while all this was ongoing. Just like him to be more interested in robbing McIntire of his gold then to be worried about one lil woman being slapped 'round like a rag doll. TW peeked over the window's edge and saw no sign of Murdock either.

What the hell? Fine...if thats how its gonna be...then its gonna be a fine evening with lots of firworks. TW walked toward the back of the 2 story saloon and Inn and climbed a rose tressel up onto the small roof. TW tried each window until he found one window unlocked, slid through the window and into a bedroom.

Creeping to the door, he peeked and looked down into the saloon at McIntire and the woman on her knees, on the floor near his chair. He had the leash drawn back wrapped around the chair and his right hand groping her breast. When she screamed and tried to bite his hand, he slapped her, and snapped her head back...blood seeped from her nose and lip. It was all TW could stand to watch this young woman, man handled by this brute.

Creeping down the hall, TW opened another hotel door that opened to the front of the building and took aim at the lit lantern across the street on the porch.

"Easy...TW" TW whispered. His steady fingers cocked back the hammer of the old Hawken and took aim. In his back pocket, a check for $5000 written out to McIntire from Wells Fargo was wrapped around a stick of dynamite and tied off withthe fuse.

Somehow he needed to tell the Keegan girl when he yelled "Get down"...it would mean ...get down on all fours and crawl this way to the staircase while he tossed McIntire's check to him with the fuse lit to the stick of dynamite.

The lantern rocked back and forth as a light breeze blew in from the west...the fuses tied together under the lantern went in nine different directions was gonna make the town look like blue coats arrived into town with their cannons blazing.

Steady....steady...TW squeezed the trigger and fired the shot. The gunfire woke up the lawmen in town as well as Murdock and McIntire downstairs. The lantern dropped and the lantern oil spread across the porch. A small blue flame took off and lit all the fuses......one one-thousand...two one-thousand...three one-thousand...as he pronounced four one thousand. He felt the gun in his back and knew he had been caught momentarily. At five, the first of nine explosions took off...exploding and blowing up the Wells Fargo stables, the bank, the jailhouse, the chapel, and several other important buildings including Barr's home and the courthouse. The lawman loss concentration with each explosion and moved toward the window to watch...TW slid down the handrail and stood twenty feet from McIntire...

McIntire...you and I do not have anything in common, except for that girl...and I aim to trade ya for her...you see, I have a check here for $5000 that is from Wells Fargo assessors office, and By the way, I sent him home before I blew up the stables...Now hand over the girl and i'll toss you the check.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Groping a small handful...McIntire fed her scraps off the table. Now you wanna be treated like an animal...so be it. When the hawken sounded off upstairs, McIntire reached for his gun looking at his deputies. "well just don't stand there..git up them stairs and find out what the hell that was..." Mcintire already knew who it was,but didnt realize what TW was doin' in town. That crazy bastard...is goin to fall right into my hands...he thought as the first explosion rocked the Deesert Rose Saloon.

SON oF BITCHhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Someone screamed as the second and third explosion shook the town. He just BLEW UP THE JAIL and BARR's house. Splinters of wood and glass shapnel flew everywhere and all hit the deck except for McIntire and TW, who were facing each other...guns aimed on each other from across the bar.

Boom...Kaboom... Boom ...explosions rattled the town.

TW raised his voice over the explosions...I sent the Wells Fargo man on his way...and showed McIntire his check for $5000.

McIntire laffed at TW when he saw the check for $5 G's. You think she's worth it TW..

She's a pain in the ass....just like her old man...they don't know what what their sitting on top of. I'd rather have my $5000..give it to me.

...TW raised his voice over the explosions...let's trade and get this done already.

YOU'RE GONNA HANG FOR THIS TW...YOU and THIS GIRL...McIntire pulled on the leash and half dragged the young woman across the floor...then he swing his gun toward TW and fired his weapon...emptying the chamber toward TW as TW jumped him.

You're a lazy shot...Marshal...you missed. TW slammed into the lawman and knocked him over.

TW lit the the stick of dynamite and tossed the stick up on the second floor. TW stuffed the Wells Fargo Cashiers check into his pocket. Lifting the Kenngan girl, he sweep her off her feet and over his shoulder. TW looked at the front entrance and saw deputy Murdock shooting his gun at the ceiling as other deputies realized McIntire was inside with the gunman.

"SHIT!!!!" deputy Murdock screamed , when he saw the stick of dynamite and hollared to McIntire to duck under the table.

Murdock looked at TW and shook his head...and the Keengan girl as TW kicked the door open and lifted the woman on his horse.

McIntire hollared at Murdock SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM ...he's getting away..the dynamite exploded. Glass , bottles of whiskey broke, wood, the second floor landing collasped and fell on top of Murdock and McIntire.

TW swung hisself on the horse and grasped the reins and the keengan girl,.he kicked the horse and galloped out of town toward the meeting place. He didn't realze he was hit until he looked down and saw blood on his hands and shirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3