Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Mcinti10

What the devil...why are horses running loose? Juan catch the horses and bring them back around...Yaw McIntire spurs his pony and moves out in front of the wagon, that is slowing down at the stagecoach stop.

McIntire spots TW trying to make a clean get away, "he aint gettin away." He looks at the closest gunslinger, Hey Fish take five men and chase that sonofbitch down...and don't kill him. I want him to hang in Shady Gulch fer killing Digger and Fltch.

"Sure thing, El sheriff....Fish rides ahead and fires several rounds, blam blam blam..."Damn kid got in the way." The boy falls forward in the saddle and grasps the mane the horse. The woman slows down and jumps off her horse and runs to the boy. Craddling him in her arms, her tears streamed down her dirty face.

Juan rides back up with eleven horses. Wooohooo boy....woooh. He eases the horses back into the corral and slips off the saddle.

McIntire orders his men, to change horses, put the tired horses in the barn stable and git inside for some grub and fresh coffee, he pulls the woman to one side. And where in the hell were you taking off to..were you running from me? Git back inside and feed my men before I finish the boy off.

Johnny see about that boys flesh wound?

Fish finally traps TW inside a canyon. Ethan Dawson..this deputy Duke Simpson, you're trappped. We can wait all day fer ya or if I send my deputies after ya, they aren't gonna be happy...so come out . In response, TW fired a shot over the boulder. Harry go to the left and get behind him. A few minutes later, Harry dragged out Ethan Dawson with his lasso and dragged him over the desert floor , yelpin his victory over the stranger fugitive. Lightening tied off to Harrys' saddlehorn.

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Richard_barr

Marshal Barr steadied his coffee cup when Maddie struck the desk after Buck's hard push. The deputy hadn't taken notice that the marshal was having his breakfast and quick to apologize, "Awwwwe, sorry thar, Marshal."

"That's alright, Buck." Said Barr as he rose up from his chair.

The marshal tipped his hat back and let his hands settle on his hips while he regarded the girl with a shake of his smiling face. "Well, well, now. What have we here? Why ain't ya with your friends down at the Silver Sage?"

Marshal Barr made a point of knowing everything that happened in his town. He knew of Sandy and Bones' location from simple deduction, but the girl's presence was puzzling. Then it quickly occurred to him that they probably weren't aware of her at all.

"Disobeying orders again, hey, Miss Keegan." he speculated, "I bet those gunmen told ya stay put, and... well, you just couldn't bring that pretty little head of yours around ta listenin' to 'em. Am I right?"

The Marshal turned away from the girl and strolled around his desk toward her with a confident smile on his face. He knew he was right and really didn't need it confirmed. He sat down on the corner of his desk beside her so that they were eye to eye.

"Your pa always joked that stubborn streak o' yours would land you in hot water. Did you know we used ta ride together?"

It didn't surprise Barr, that Maddie didn't know the stories. Ian Keegan didn't much care for the man he was, the Marshal out of respect for his old partner would keep those stories between them.

"It was a long time ago, well before you were born. Anyway, the past is the past, let's talk about the present. Let's talk about the bounty on the head's of your new friends. McIntire is none too pleased you'd throw in with such sorts. He's asked me to fetch ya back to Shady Gulch, and we both knows you're not goin' to be headin' back quietly now so I've arranged a nice cell for ya."

Marshal Barr nodded to his men and Buck and Jeb proceeded to usher the girl back to the jail where the Marshal had made a cell as comfortable as possible for McIntire's prize.

"Try not to bruise her up too bad boys." Mentioned the Marshall, "After we round up yer friends, I'll arrange a stage to take ya back to the Gulch, Miss Keegan. You just be a good little girl now and we won't have to chain ya up to boot. Y' hear?"

The only way out of the office was back they way they came in. Back through the Marshal and his quiet, stone face deputy. Even if Maddie somehow managed to get away from Buck and Jeb, she'd have to deal with Barr and Murdock and despite any history that Barr and her father shared the girl would be mistaken thinking he'd pay her any favour.

Jeb opened the barred door that lead down the corridor to the cells and Buck shoved Maddie ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Tumble10

Ethan couldn't stop the catching of breath in his throat, the dust kicked up from the horse, clouded his brain and every rock and juniper tree he slammed into, he screamed in agony. Duke rode back with the others towing their prize behind their horses. Jumping off the horses, each tied their horse to the railing in front of the country Inn. Leaning in the doorway, McIntire lit his pipe and acknowledged them. "Well Duke...wat do we have here?"

The gunslinger lifted his rawhide boot and flipped over Ethan that was face down in the dirt. "Sheriff, I reckoned from your Wanted poster...this here is Ethan 'Tumbleweed' Dawson..cattle hustler and deputy killing of two of your men." Kicking TW in the gut, "You don't look tuff without this .50 cal Hawkin, do ya boy?"

"Tie him up and string 'im to the gaff hook on the barn. We'll take him with us when we ride to Coyote Hills this afternoon. Duke, you boys git washed up and git some grub, you earned another $10 per man fer catching 'im."

Ethan was hurting, his head and shoulders throbbed. His lip was busted open and seeped. Dried caked blood from his nose, bloodied his red shirt. He tried to get a fix on where Lightening was, if he could get free... Hanging with stretched arms above his head, something kept shining in his closed eyes. The deputies and posse guarding the wagon were all inside. What the hell...TW squinted, and turned his head downward. Somewhere out past the corral, somebody was trying to make contact with him.

Chase was pissed at Maddie Keegan, that girl never listened to what he said. He kicked the dirt up when she got on her horse and rode toward town, even after Sandy told her to stay put. Damn her. Chase paced back and forth, then got on his horse and ran straight in the other direction. He didn't know where he was headin', but knew he couldn't stay there and wait for Maddie to return.

He rode for several hours down the trail until he heard gunshots. Riding bareback, he slid off the back of the horse and slapped the horse's hind quarters. The horse turned in the opposite direction and galloped across the open plains. Chase ran toward the gunshots and watched Ethan being dragged behind of the white men. Chase crawled closer to the action and could only watch. He recognized two of the five white men from Shady Gulch. They stopped and got off their horses and passed the stranger between them, taking cheap body shots with a rifle stock. One after another, all kicked, stabbed and punched him. Chase watched, as the white man stood up time after time to all five. Stay down dude..he whispered to hisself. The white man tied up, in a torn red shirt stood up only to be knocked down again and again. Geezus...it was like watching Maddie Keegan out there instead of this cowboy.

Chase whispered to hisself..dude just stay down and they'll leave you alone. TW stood back up in defiance, barely able to spit the words out...he told Duke, he hit like a saloon girl and Duke hit Ethan in the stomach and this time Ethan went down and stayed down in the fetal position. "Well boys, I guess we better head back before McIntire sends out a search party for us. Then the cowboys got back on their horses and began to drag Ethan again...Chase could barely watch. He ran after them, not fully understanding what he planned to do except the need to rescue this man. Chase followed this party on foot for another mile. He could not let another man die at the hands of Sheriff McIntire.

Now he laid down behind Juniper and flashed his knife to the lone cowboy in hopes to alert him of the possible attempt to rescue him.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 am

Hidden in amongst the rocks and boulders on the hill side above the A.N. Fisher Stagecoach Country Inn Goylahkla Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 1geron10 and a band of twenty worriors watched as the white eyes drug the cowboy up and strung him up by his arms by the barn. As the cowboys unhitched the horses from the wagon, he signaled eight of the warriors to circle around and make their way towards the corral. A flash of light, relected off a mirror from one of the warriors signaled Goylahkla that they were in positon. Before the cowbouys could hitch up the fresh horses, Goylahkla whistled like a whiporwill and the bands of warriors swooped down from the hills. The warriors that had worked their way around by the corral, threw deer antlers tied to ropes over the rails of the corral pulling the rails down as the rode by. They then drove the horses out into the desert. One of the warriors tossed a lighted torch into the barn and another tossed one onto the hay stacked in the corral.

Meanwhile Goylahkla and the other twelve raiders rode towards the stage coach station Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 18826610 firing at the Inn and surrounding area with their repeating rifles and hand guns. As the raiders rode out into the desrt, Goylahkla circled back and stopped just out of range and lifted his rifle. He then rode off into the desert rejoining his warriors and the stolen horses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 75ad0910Chase couldn't believe it when the great Apache warrior attacked. Dammit!!! How was he supposed to get to the strung up cowboy now? He stayed low, watching as the horses were set loose and Goyhakla attacked the inn, his warriors setting fire to the barn, close to where the man was hanging by his arms.

Watching and staying low, Chase made his way to the barn where the man was tied. His shoulder was killing him, but he pushed the pain down, concentrating on the injured man.

"Psst!! Hey, cowboy!! I'm gonna cut you loose, but you gotta follow me or we're both gonna be about six feet under."

Chase didn't wait for a reply from him, he simply made his way to him, watching all around him the best he could and cut Ethan loose. He saw one of Goyhakla's warriors riding towards him and knew they'd been spotted. He quickly made sure that the necklace his mother had made him was visible. It was beautiful beadwork made in the shape of an eagle, the colors in blues, reds and golds.

When the warrior gave him a hard look then a nod, Chase knew this was his one and only opportunity to get the cowboy and himself out of here. He wouldn't get a second.

"C'mon.....stay low and follow me."

He led Ethan back to where his horse was tethered, a few bulletts barely missing the two of them. His shoulder was seeping again, but he ignored it. He needed to get a horse for the man he'd just cut down and get back to where Sandy and Bones had told him and Maddie to stay. Even though Maddie had ignored Sandy and now she was God only knew what kind of trouble.

He grabbed his horses reins and led them away from the carnage, back towards the rock formation where he'd been hidden.

"Name's Chase Jones. And if you're up for it, my friends and I could possibly use your help."

As they walked away from Goylahkla and his fun, Chase explained to Ethan what was going on. He told him about Sandy and Bones killing McIntire's best man who was like a son to him. How they were on their way to Coyote Hills to get the sheriff. He told him about the bandits, getting shot, and then he told him about Maddie.

"That girl is like a little sister to me, but damn if she ain't a whole lot of trouble with a capital 'T'. Sandy told us to stay put to make it easier for him and Bones to get into to town, make sure that the sheriff wasn't in McIntire's pocket and make it back out with a little problems as possible. But, Maddie, she knows people who are friends with her pa and felt that she would be better suited to go into town. Sandy told her to stay put.....do you think for once she'd do as she was told? Nope. And I promised her pa I would keep her safe, but unless you hog-tie the girl, it's gonna be impossible."
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Bones_10

"Hello Jesse, good to see you girl." Bones said with a smile.
"I'd buy you a drink but this place ain't yet open for business, besides it seems we may have company at any time."

Bones shot a look back to the doors of the saloon, the street outside was quiet.

"Sandy, Jesse I'm just about done with my coffee, it wasn't very good anyway."
Bones glared at the barkeep as he set his cup down on the bar.

"Jesse darlin, if you know anything about this marshal Barr now is the time to tell us about him. I'm runnin' out of patience sitting here and maybe the time has come for the three of us to take a walk to his office."

Bones walked close to Jesse and looked at her for a few seconds, he placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Damn it's good to see you."

The thin gunfighter seemed energized in the woman's presence, with Jesse back amongst them anything was possible.

"What do you think Sandy? Should we meet the marshal?"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:30 am

The barred door that connected the office to the jail was sealed when a loud clang. Marshal Barr, sat at the edge of the desk for a while, his eyes focused on the Keegan girl for a moment but looking through her. If she was speaking, he didn't hear her, his mind was focused on the task at hand; dealing with the infamous 'Bones' Brown and 'Red Coat' Wilken. Dawson was a wild card and the marshall was thankful, the renegade cattleman's arrival was late.

Slowly Barr's head turned and the blue eyed devil settled his concentrated stare on deputy Murdock. Mitch knew that look well and had been waiting for it. Skillfully he tucked his small throwing knife back into one of the many small sheaths on his belt and headed for the door.

They walked slowly down Main street, making their way to the Silver Sage. The marshal carried his double barreled shot gun loosely at his side while Murdock remained empty handed, his eyes ever alert in a face that betrayed little emotion. When they were near the saloon, the two men stopped and Barr's deputized soldiers seemed to materialize out of the wood work, surrounding the building. The locals instinctively cleared away and began to lock their doors, anticipating all the hell to break loose as the men prepared to attack but the marshal calmly raised his hand and held them at bay.

Beaming directly through a narrow alley across the street, a trail of morning light blazed through saloon's entrance. The warm golden glow filled the large room and sparkled off of the freshly polished glasses and bottles behind the bar. The way the light played off of the floor and pale coloured bar unraveled the mystery of the saloon's namesake but then all grew dark. A man stood in the entrance. He wasn't by any stretch the largest of men, but he carried himself with the presence of a giant as he strolled into the saloon the shot gun at his side. Silhouetted in the bright light, his features were in shadow as he slowly moved into the center of the establishment. Only one other man appeared behind him, a smooth moving, soft stepping man who glided toward the bar where he perched like patient owl.

When the man reached the middle of the room the star on his jacket became visible and a twinkle in his bright blue eyes could be seen as they moved across the three outlaws.

"Pete." He called to the barman, "Why don't ya take ol' Hank outta here, if you would be so kind."

Pete reacted instantly. Placing the glass he was polishing down and walked quickly toward the old drunk in the corner and ushered the cussing man out.

"Ol' Hank's an amiable drunk but damn if he isn't ornery in the morning." Joked the man as he watched Pete wrestle the man out through the back then his eyes settled back on the outlaws. First on Sandy.

"Red Coat Wilken, sharp shooter," he announced then his eyes looked up to the thin man, "and that would make you the quick draw, Bones Brown." then his eyes drifted back down to the woman, "I don't believe I know your name, Miss..?"

"The names, Jesse, Jesse Rusch." She said her posture remaining relaxed in her seat.

The man nodded, "Well, as the three of you might have already figured, I'm the marshal 'round these parts. The name is Barr and don't take to kindly to outlaws waltzing into my town. It's bad for business and worst of all it makes me have to pick up one of these."

The marshall held up the shotgun with his left hand but did not point it, then he let hang low once more at his side. On his right hip his side arm was exposed, a low hanging draw that Bones recognized was designed for a quick snap shooting draw.

"Now I could a come in here, blazing away with shot but the dead aren't much ones for conversation, as I am sure you are all aware of." he said plainly, his eyes resting on Bones for a moment.

The marshall then moved closer to three. "Mind if I pull up a chair?", he asked as he went right ahead and grabbed a seat sitting an arm swing away from Sandy who looked positively baffled.

"Mitch." The marshal called to the deputy at the bar, "wanna bring me a cup of that there coffee." he requested, "anyone else?"

The silent deputy walked over with a cup and the pot and set them on the table, then quietly returned to where he had be before like a gargoyle returning to its roost.

"So the three of ya are probably wonderin' why I'd expose myself this and I can answer that quite simply. Ya see, I believe in research." Explained the Marshal, "I've been readin' up you two, and even you Miss Rusch." he revealed, "I'm what you might call, an 'opportunist', and well the three of you wreak of it, but before I start laying down my cards, any of you got anything to say?"

The marshal sat comfortably in his chair sipping his coffee. After all he was holding on the cards in the deck. The saloon was completely surrounded and the only way the outlaws would survive the encounter was through negotiation, of course the marshall had foreseen some the other devious paths they could take. He wasn't a fool, he didn't walk into these kind of situations without an ace up his sleeve
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

Bones was still on his feet, standing near Jesse when the Marshal entered the saloon. Bones' hands jumped at his guns as the man walked in with his deputy. A few shadows passed by the front windows followed by a few others that broke the long shaft on sunlight that was stretching from the street outside and through the saloon's double doors.

Bones realized that the saloon was surrounded, marshal Barr had thought his move through, there must be at least another half a dozen men just outside ready to shoot it up if they heard any trouble. Bones hands slowly moved from just above the polished wood handles of his twin Colt pistols back to his belt where they came to rest.

The Marshal was taking a seat as the nervous barman hustled the local rummy out the back door. Bones took a look at the man named Richard Barr, the man did not walk like your typical lawman, he seemed to lack the sense of self righteousness that most tin stars carried with them. No, Richard Barr walked with purpose and he wore his gun slung in a fast draw style very similar to the way Bones did.

If Bones had met this man in a different setting, he would swear that he was a salty gunslinger not a man responsible for public peace and safety.

As the deputy fetched Barr a fresh cup of coffee, he asked the three strangers if they had anything to say.

"The service in here is piss poor Marshal, a man can't even have an early drink and watch the sunrise in this wooden nickle town."

Bones said, with a perfect poker face.

The deputy called Mitch stirred in his seat but did not get up, the deputy's eyes drifted from Bones to the fresh wanted posters still sitting out in the open on the table in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 pm

The men ran out the Inn, some grabbing the horses tied on the side and back of A.N. Fisher Stagecoach Country Inn and the others toward saving the horses inside the burning barn stables. The marshal stepped out of the house and shook his head, he was pretty upset.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!...he looked down at Sam and shook his head. The man who was supposed to be on guard but couldnt move because of the large bullet lodged in his thigh.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON GUARD and NOT TAKIN A NAP!

"I'm sorry Sheriff, I guess I dozed off for a few minutes."

A FEW MINUTES...the FRESH HORSES are GONE, the BARN IS ON FIRE & OUR WANTED Prisoner has escaped. Pulling out his gun, he pistol-whipped the man across the face.

Sam,Sam Sam...we go back a long ways. I watched your 7 yr old daughter grow up to be fine young lady after Mildred got sick and died. Shaking his head, I guess now she'll gonna need a man to teach 'er how to survive. She'll make a fine young hussy in my bar because I gave you a direct order and YOU FAILED ME!!!

"Sam, whipped the blood off his lip and pleaded...No no no don't hurt my baby, she's only 16. I'm sorry Sheriff, it won't happen again,I promise."

You're DAMN RIGHT IT AINT HAPPENIN' 'GAIN! Putting the pistol within 2 inches of Sam's head, he pulled the trigger without even a thought.

Turning, he looked at his gunmen on the horses and the rest pulling what horses were in the burning barn out. ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO FAIL ME!!!! I DIDNT THNK SO...

Bart, go get what horses are running across the desert and leave the raiding party. I think its time we pay Mr. Keegan a visit when we get back to Shady Gulch. Its his gawd-damn rengade injuns that Maddie is feeding on their worthless horse ranch!

McInTire knew what a perfect setting to blame the Keegans for this raiding party attack and watch them both hang. If he couldn't have Maddie, noone else was either. The worth of a hundred head of horses was so much less then stealing their ranch away from them. Buying the rights to mine and begin mining the silver n gold vains under the Keegan Ranch while living on the ranch would enable him to request protection and have the blue coats chase down the raiding parties.

Bart and twenty men jumped on their saddled horses, that were tied off on the side of the house and ran off chasing the raiding party and the horses.

Marshal yelled, Git the horses attached to the wagon, git the woman and boy and burn the house down. we'll take them with us.

"But Marshal these horses are tired and some have severe burns. These are ones that we just ran across the desert to git here.

Pointing gun at the man who made the comment, DO IT!

Git the woman, the boy and burn the house down. We'll take them with us.

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Marshal Barr smiled at Bones' comment as he rocked back and forth in his chair comfortably. "Well, there Mr. Brown. I have to take responsibility for that there ordinance. Too many rabble rousers stirrin' up trouble before I even had my first morning cup of coffee." he explained, then gestured over to the bar graciously, "Please help yourself if you care for a drink. It's on me."

Sandy and Jesse both sat calmly across from the marshal, but there eyes betrayed their thoughts as they both felt flicked each other a look of apprehension. It was evident that the marshal was scheming something, but what?

Seeing that he had the attention of the three outlaws, Marshal Barr nodded to his deputy and Mitch casually walked over to the doorway of the saloon and gave a wave. Marshal Barr, then purposely exaggerated getting comfortable in his chair and showed his cards.

"First off, I don't want to have to arrest and turn ya'll over to McIntire, that'd be a damn waste of fine talent, but that there hornswoggler calls the shots round these parts." Explained Barr, "When I heard that a quickdraw and rifleman were headed this way I saw a prospect in the making, so I'm going to give y'all a choice. I can arrest ya, or try ta, and we could have a blood bath on this fine morning or we can all be partners in a little scheme I've been cooking up."

Barr leaned back in his chair and patiently waited their response on his offer. Sandy and Jesse both exchanged silent glances, then there eyes settled on the senior member of their trio, relying on the older man's experience in this matter as they had always done.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Goylahkla and the other twelve raiders Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 18826610 drove the stolen horses into a box canyon and into a corall constructed of mesquite and ropes. He then left four of the wariors gaurding the horses as he and the remaining twelve warriors joined another one hundred warriors hidded among the mesquite and rocks just above the entrance to the canyon and the corall.
He then istructed ten warriors to go back out into the desert and drag sage brush and mesquite behind their horses past the canyon entrance and south into the desert. Meanwhile, in the canyon the rest of the warriors waited until the twenty one cowboys rode at break neck speed into the canyon. After the cowboys entered the canyon and started to shoot at the warriors on gaurd, Golylahkla signaled the the warriors opened fire with their repeating rifles.
A hail of bullets rained down on the cowboys as they pulled their horses up and satrted to turn around and head back out of the canyon, firing up into the rocks. Ten of the cowboys were killed as they entered and six warriors fell to the cowboys bullets. As the cowboys tried to escape six more cowboys were killed and four more were wounded and fell from their horses, a lone cowboy made it to the mouth of the canyon before a bullet from a warrior struck him in the shoulder, as he rode out of the ambush.

Goylahkla, left all but two dozen wariors in the rocks and rode down into the canyon. Slidding off thier horses, Goylahkla and and the warriors walked up to the wounded men lieing on the ground. He told his warriors to strip the men naked, drag them out to the mouth of the canyon and stake them spread eagle in the sun. One of the men spat and said "Damn ya to hell you savage son of a whore. And damn you Bart for leading us into a trap."
Goylahkla glared at the two men and said "You follow fools! Why do you not leave Apache land? We did not tell you to come here. We do not want you in our lands. Now you see what will happen to all white eyes if they do not leave Apache land." Goylahkla then turned and jumped up on his horse followed by the other warriors. He raised his rifle above his head and the rest of the warriors mounted and rode out of the canyon. They were followed by the four gaurding the stolen horse, driving the horses before then and the warriors that had remained hidden in the rocks. The war party turned south and out into the desert.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:26 pm

(Response to Sin Tara's posting (bottom of pg 2)

TW felt trapped with the injun raiding party swarming all over the place. He wateched as McInTire's napping goon, startled, is shot in the leg. The warriors fired their rifles and hand guns at the Inn, while another was pulling down the corral gates, and yelped to corral the horses he planned to steal. One tall and mean looking warrior rode right up to TW and sort of laughed. He wore a blue smock and headband. He took a torch and throw it into the half-opened barn door. Then he turned and yelped a warrior's cry as he rode off.

A minute or so later, TW felt a someone standing behind him saying something "Hey, cowboy!! I'm gonna cut you loose, but you gotta follow me or we're both...." and then he fell to the ground. Tied to the barn and being beat up, his legs gave way.

"Now cowboy stay low and half-crawl outta here until were in the clear. See that ridge, I'll meet you there if were separated." TW nods. The warrior that threw the torch spotted and rode towards us. Its then, that TW noticed that the young chap with green eyes had a eagle shaped beaded necklace. well I'll be damn. A half-breed sticking his neck out fer me. When the warrior spottedthe necklace he nodded and rode off."

Chase led Ethan back to where his horse was tethered and they rode back over the ridge. "My name is Chase Jones and my friends are in trouble."

"Well that quite a story you got thar Chase. Sounds like this young lady needs to be put over my knee, pull down them knockers and give 'er a good spanking.

My names' Ethan, most call me 'TW', I'm a wonderin cowpoke who's been 'round these parts for only a few weeks...

Ah excuse me fer a moment...Ethan whistled for Lightening and the horse jumped over a boulder and came to a rest in front of Chase and TW. Thats my girl...checking to make sure the saddle is tight, TW slips his boot into stirup and slips onto Lightenings' back.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 John_w11

Let's ride and I'll tell you my story and what I know. My Partner and I were heading to Coyote Hills with 200 head of cattle. we figured on selling them to the highest bidder in town. When we ran short of supplies and my partner loss the bet and ended up going to Shady Gulch fer them supplies. This was 'bout a week ago and when he didnt return the next day, I knew something was wrong. I rode into town while my men watched the cattle in No Man's land. I had a quick drink, asked some questions 'bout my partner and I guess one of the deputies overheard the conversation and decided i was in town lookin fer trouble. The next thing I know, I'm bein challenged in the saloon with two gunslingin deputies. They wouldn't move out of the doorway when I politely decided I needed to get outta town and fast. When they didnt move and drawed their guns, I drawed too. I shot and killed both of them in front of a bartender in self-defense. Then hightailed it outta there and back to our camp. The herd was gone and my two men scalped and killed. I decided, I needed to git to Coyote Hills and find the law.

I've been shot at, chased by a possee and was headin in the same direction to Coyote Hills while mustering up whats left of my herd when I stopped at this stagecoach Inn. i ran into this sheriff McIntire, his gunslingers and that black iron war wagon."

"You know TW, Sheriff McIntire owns Shady Gulch and owns the mining company in town. He's a ruthless self-appointed gunslingin Sheriff that has everybody in his back pocket. "

Well I kind of figured as much, Ethan unfolded the four Wanted posters from his back pocket. I reckon you are going to need my help Chase, is there another way around that and into town?

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 283px-10

If there in town already, there's a good chance we may be too late.i

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:45 pm

McIntire wasted no time. He got his gunmen in front and back of the wagon, stuck the boy and woman on top of the wagon and looked down at his pocketwatch. Where the devil was Bart? This shouldnt have taken this much time to gather the horses.

WE CAN'T WAIT FOR BART to get back, he hollared. Make sure your hand guns are loaded as well as your repeating rifles. McIntire looked down and estimated what time he would show up in Coyoter Hills. he knew this would be the last time he would take this trip without the new Gatling gun mounted on the iron wagon.

The barn and Inn were burning and dark black plumes of smoke and ash filled the air for miles around. The woman cried as all her family possessions went up in smoke. From the box canyon, Goylahkla, and the warriors also saw two plumes of smoke as they yelped their victory over the white man warriors.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 B407c110

Riding hard the horses took the blunt of the hot ride pulling the wagon. Several slowed down and two were replaced with a another mans' horse. that man endedup riding on the wagon with the woman and boy. There was no other trouble on the way into Coyote Hills as the dusty trail dried their throats and encrusted dirt onto their faces. The riders were glad to see the lights of the town as the sun went down and darkness fell.

Pulling up to Wells Fargo stage and barn just inside the town limits, Sheriff John McIntire ordered his men to open the doors, pull the wagon in and guard the wagon until he made contact with the strange lil man from Wells Fargo.

Mean while John McInTire's other group of gunslingers that left the main group at the beginning of the ride, rode into town from the opposite direction. Sheriff John McIntire always took extra precautions and always had a backup plan. The Gambler always kept the Ace in the hole or something up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:31 am

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Mitch_murdock

Deputy Mitch Murdock made his way back into the saloon and leaning back against the end of the bar procured a thin cigar from his breast pocket. Lighting it he inhaled the sweet smoke and blew a cloud into the beam of morning light filtering through the window on his left. His dark cold eyes drifted toward the outlaws at the table then over to Bones. The man's reputation preceded him, but Mitch was disappointed upon seeing the legend in the flesh. His haggard, thin form was nothing what he had expected, and he was older too, nothing like the papers or dime novels described him. He reached into the inside breast pocket of his jacket and pulled out a paperback copy of an old issue of Wild West Weekly that McGovern's General Store brought in every month from New York. By the time they reached Coyote Hills the books were quite a bit more than a dime, but to Mitch they were well worth the money; his one simple pleasure in the god-forsaken town. On the cover was an illustration of some stereotypical trappers returning fire as two men attacked them, one firing a rifle from a distance, the other a thin man in a flashing shoot gunning down two with one shot. The title read, 'Fray at Hudson Bay' and depicted that Bones and Sandy alone had been robbing the HBC caravan's and operations all across New Caledonia. Not a stitch of it was true, except for one gun fight that occurred in Oregon City but Mitch didn't know any better. How could he? For all he knew everything written in the Wild West was true, maybe a little embellished, but he assumed everything written was accurate and had occurred just as they wrote it. Of course, after getting a good look at Bones Brown and his constant companion, Red Coat Wilkens, Mitch was beginning to have his doubts. He wondered if these two men were even the genuine article. Would they be able to take on McIntire's iron wagon? That was the plan of course, according to Barr. He needed some outsiders to help him rob that wagon to avoid any suspicion falling on himself. They had actually expected Tumbleweed Dawson to show up ahead the other two outlaws and were planning on using him for this encounter but Marshal Barr was highly adaptable and decided to personal meet with the two men who had it seemed, by chance found a third. A woman, who Mitch assumed was 'Jumping' Daisy Elliot, at least that was the name they gave her in his dime novel.

Mitch stared down at the cover of the novel then back to Bones, trying to see a resemblance in the artists depiction of him. He figured that if he cleaned himself up, he might have the look depicted in ink, but he'd still be hard pressed to pick him out of crowd. Still deep down he knew this man to be the one and only Bones Brown despite is disheveled appearance and was pleased to see that the arrangements appeared to be going well, but of course Dawson had yet to show up. His untimely arrival could really stir up a hornet's nest were he to show up now. Hopefully the marshal would wrap up the deal within the next ten minutes and they could then concentrate on dealing with other wanted man.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 am

Dawson rode up with Chase. They had talked the whole way from the stagecoach station and TW got the feeling, this young spitfire Maddie Keegan might be more trouble than fighting the commercheros.

As they approached the town, the streets were somewhat empty. Mmmm...I got a bad feeling about this, not particularly saying it to the half-breed. Let's leave the horses and crawl the rest of the way in. Chase acknowledged and gingerly slid off his horse. Pulling his Hawkin 50 cal from the rifle holster...he looked at Chase Are you going to be ok...that shoulder is torn up and I don't think whoever dressed the wound did a good job of removing all the shapnel....

"I'm alright Mr.Dawson. So what's your plan"

Mmmm, well it looks like that saloon over there is surrounded. Look along the top of the buildings, see the rifles leaning against the building edge. Each one is probally a deputy. I need to find out who's in the bar and where your lady friend is. If she's been caught, maybe she's in the jailhouse. WIth McIntire already in town, things could get outta hand real quick like. So you're not on anybodys' Most Wanted list that I saw and this Marshal Barr ain't expecting you to be in this town. I need you to walk around and count all the deputies that you see. I reckon I'll have a drink and see who's who.inside. See if Maddie is inside the jail and wait for me outside the back.

TW checked and loaded his side arms then pushed the saloon doors open and walked in. He lifted the Hawkins and laid it on top of the bar. Bartender I'll take a whiskey...
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:17 pm

"We're all sitting at the table Marshal, my experience is that tables are for cards, drinking or making a deal." Bones said flatly to Barr.
Mitch had gotten up and moved to the bar to have a smoke. He produced a small book and studied it for a moment and then looked Bones, Sandy and Jesse over.

"What the hell are you looking at peckerwood!?" Jesse barked as the deputy's eyes studied her.

"Let's have it Marshal, we're listening. You best spit it out before my girl here rolls her sleeves up on your deputy."

Bones got up slowly and snatched a bottle from the bar a few feet from where Mitch was leaning. The gunfighter gathered up some short glasses and poured everyone a drink. Taking his seat again he seemed relaxed as he poured the Whisky.

The balding barkeep was just returning through the back door as a tall cowboy was coming through the front doors.

The dusty cowboy set his rifle on the bartop and asked for a Whisky.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Sandy_wilken

Sandy's eyes widened when Jesse shot her comment. It was a tense situation and he didn't feel the ground they were standing firm enough for such talk but he couldn't help but smile. Sure her tongue had gotten them in more scrapes he could recall, but he had always admired her for speaking her mind, even in the face of certain death.

The Marshal, well he grinned ear to ear and broke out in laughter. He slapped his knee and tossed his head toward, Mitch at the bar, having one at his expense. He knew the stone faced would not retort, it wasn't in his nature and wasn't often any man, let alone a woman tongue lashed him.

Holding up his hands toward, Jesse feigning surrender, the Marshal wiped a tear from his eye and nodded, acknowledging that he heard, Bones' demand. He could see that the gunfighters were not as amused as he was by Jesse's comment and so he calmed himself down with a deep breath.

"Whoooo! What did I tell ya, Mitch!" he shouted over to his deputy. "You can't buy spirit!" the Marshal's face then instantly turned sober and turned his cold blue eyes on Bones as he reached for a shot glass, "You have to deal for it." he said flatly.

The saloon doors burst open and in walked a big man under a ten gallon hat. He swaggered in like he owned the place passing by Mitch without so much as a glance and tossed his Hawkins on the bar.

Pete slid a whisky glass down to the man's quick hand and promptly made his way over with a bottle of 'Bourbon County Whiskey'. There was a slight tremble in the bartender's hand as he placed down the bottle and his eyes kept on looking over to the man sitting with his back to the bar as he parlayed with three others.

"Well I'll be." Said Marshal Barr as he looked over at the man at the bar. He seemed a little surprised on how Dawson slipped past his deputies but then he recalled that Mitch gave the signal to stand down.

The Marshal shot back his whiskey and tossed the glass back over to the center of the table for a refill. "Dawson!" he shouted out, "Tumbleweed Dawson! Would be so kind as to join us."

To Dawson's right, deputy Murdock looked up from under the brim of his hat and awaited an order from the Marshal. He was five bar stools away, but made no sudden movements, he just stared at Dawson letting him know he best comply with the request.

Still leaning confidentially back in his chair, Marshal Barr turned to Dawson, "The name's Richard Barr, Marshal Richard Barr and there's a warrant out for you." he then gestured to those he was sitting with, "I don't know if you have made the acquaintance of my companions but you all have one thing in common, that is being 'wanted'. Now before you start getting any ideas in that there big head o' yours know that my deputies have this place surrounded and they'll kill anyone who walks outta here before I do. Now, I was just about to lay the terms of our arrangement here and you're more than welcome to join us."

Sandy tossed back his shot and glanced over to Bones, then over to Jesse, who already had her hand resting beside her gun. He had heard the story of how this man Dawson had been wrongly accused for murder by McIntire's men but aside from that he knew little about him. The look in the big man's eyes made him nervous, one wrong move and they'd be like bottles in a shooting gallery. Marshal Barr didn't seem to be the sort of man to trifle with and if push came to shove he seemed prepared to go down in blaze of glory and blood. His deputies would storm in here and turn this place into tinder box, so Sandy was prepared to do what was in all in there best interests and take out Dawson if he decided to throw a match into this powder keg.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm

TW stood at the bar and waited for the bartender to pour the whiskey into the shotglass. He didn't acknowledge Marshal Barr at all. He flipped a couple coins at the bartender and jestered to wait a minute. Without saying a word, he lifted the glass, thanking the bartender, and glimpsing at Sandy, Bones, Jesse, the deputy and the Marshal all at the same time in the wall mirror behind the bar and swallowed.

"Ahhh, thats good stuff. Another bartender!" Again he waited while the shaking hand of the bartender tried pouring the whiskey and rye into the glass. He spilled some of it on the bar, until TW said, Wait, I'll do it...It seems your Marshal and the rest in here have itchy fingers and you're spilling the good stuff on the bar for no damn good reason."

TW poured hisself another without turning around to face them. "Mister..." he said as he swallowed the shot and set the glass on the countertop. His ten gallon hat, still tipped down to the countertop. "I'd prefer ta call you Sandy as what is written on this Wanted poster that I have in my back pocket. But I don't like guns pointing at my back, by you and any other. Now you and this other fella named Bones is Wanted by the same sonofbitch who framed me for a wrongdoing in his town that he owns....and has this Marshal in Coyete Hills in his back pocket named Richard Barr...short for...should I tell them Marshal. Huh...

I came in here for a drink and a drink only. Now we can do this the simply way as ta letting me turn around or I will take all of you with me to hell. Marshal, I guess you don't have a very good memory do you Dick?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Sandy quietly slipped his pistol back into his holster. The range-rider saw a lot, and he thought best not to test this man. Glancing over at Jesse, she too relaxed her hand that was hovering near her gun. She leaned back and lowered her hat, averting her eyes as they darted about the room.

Marshal Barr let his chair fall forward and as the front legs struck the floor he rose smoothly. Tucking his thumbs behind his belt buckle he sauntered over to the bar and leaned casual against it.

"Well, I guess its not all that much a secret that I'm on McIntire's payroll. Hell! Most everyone is round these parts. Unlessin' you got his backin' you're goin' no where." Barr said to Dawson, then he turned around and spoke to everyone in the saloon. "I'm aimin' to take down that iron wagon, but I'd be damned fool ta meet, McIntire head on. For that I need outsiders and men I can be damn sure can get the job done, but in order to pull this off I need discretion. So what do y'all have to say? I'm offering a five way split of the spoils."

The Marshall walked back over to the table, picked up his whiskey glass and raised it, waiting for the others to drink to their arrangement. Those that decided to take his deal would have to keep their heads low when McIntire was about, but Barr would make up a story that they simply got away. Of course, there was a problem with his plan and that was the Keegan girl. The men that caught her weren't in on the plan, and if he let her go now it wouldn't look good. Sheriff McIntire would be madder than hell, when he found out that the fugitives had slipped through his hands and he would need to placate him with an offering. Unfortunately, he'd have to sacrifice Maddie Keegan to that black eyed demon in order to allow his gang of outlaws to make it out of town.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Madiso11Maddie was sitting in her cell on the mangy cot wondering how in the hell she was going to get out of this mess. She was kicking herself mentally for not listening to Sandy and staying put and hoped that Chase was okay. She should have never left him with his shoulder shot up the way it was. She glared at the two men who'd been left behind to guard her as she could see them at the front of the jailhouse. They had been making lewd comments back and forth to each other and she was becoming a little concerned that eventually they would act on what they were saying. She wondered how Sandy and Bones were faring...if they even knew she was in here and if they did, would they come for her or leave her. She couldn't blame them if they left her here. That was when she heard a 'psst!' coming from outside by the only window in her cell.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 75ad0910
Chase had snuck his way through the town, which wasn't hard considering most of the deputies were at the saloon with the marsall. He made it to the back of the jailhouse and after peering through the windows of the cells, found Maddie in the second one. He got her attention and while he wanted to chew her butt for getting herself into this predictament he was also just glad that she was okay. Until she turned towards him and he saw the bruise forming on her cheek. Then he saw red. How dare those horses asses strike her.

"Maddie....you okay? No, don't look over here, don't give me away. Just sit tight...we're gonna get you out of here."
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Ethan was no fool. He'd seen this marshal years ago and couldn't believe Old Dick didn't recognize him. Richard Barr...he smiled and shook his head. He was a renegade outlaw that met the Commancheros leader, Half Tongue and would barter white women and booze for horses stolen by the notorious gang of horse theives. Richard Barr's real name was Dick Barrandez. TW was enslaved by the Commancheros and on many occassions, he was there serving as the two bartered and drank. TW turned slowly and glanced at each of the men and the woman. Old Dick might fool the town, but he was sure Sandy and the other two were wondering how TW knew this Marshal and he couldn't be trusted.

TW listened as the Marshal talked about the war wagon hold up and wondered if he knew about the next payload. He kept quiet and listened to what the man had to say. Slowly, TW stepped away from the bar, in case he had to draw and jump over the countertop. His hand only a couple inches away from his rifle. In the back of his mind, he wondered if Chase had found this woman Maddie and if he was in position with the horses behind the saloon. His plan was to break 'er out of jail while working on a way to save these two from being captured.

But now he had the Marshal a couple feet away near the table and on the right side a couple of bar stools away was his deputy. He mentioned a five way split.

TW spoke first...how much we talkin?
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am

As Dawson had his say, Bones knew that Sandy and Jesse were preparing themselves, already their hands must be at or very near their respective pistols. Bones waited for more from the big cowboy, this Dawson seemed tough like iron, Bones thought the odds were much better to take the big man in a gunfight, by the looks of him no one in the room was going to take him in a fistfight.

The Marshal broke the tension somewhat as he got back to his feet and made his offer. Help him take down McIntire's Iron Wagon, effectively ruining the man's financial hold in this territory and not only would Barr give an even split but he would look the other way and let all parties involved walk right out of town.

Yeah sure, and maybe we could all ride a great big flying pig out of town...

Bones did not trust anyone on this earth except Sandy and Jesse, and he would do just about anything to secure their safety and survival so for the time being he made up his mind to go along with the marshal's deal. There were a few loose ends still out there that could only work against the four of them, at this point they could really only make nice with Barr and hear him out.

Bones wondered what conclusion TW Dawson would come to, he was a lone wolf in this deal and did not owe Sandy, Bones or Jesse a damn thing. The tall man in the red shirt could simply tell Barr to stuff it and set off a lethal chain of events. But surely Dawson would want a chance to clear his name and take his face off of those wanted posters that littered the streets of the nearby towns in this territory.

At the very least Bones thought that just like himself, Dawson would take the deal for the slim chance of facing McIntire himself and giving him what no one else had the sand to, sudden death.

Bones' eyes lingered on Dawson for a few seconds more before the thin man turned back to Barr and lifted his glass.

"Count me In." Bones said as he hoisted his glass, Sandy shot him a sly look, Jesse was glaring at the thin gunfighter as he spoke, she looked like she would spit fire.

"I'm in too, I'm not gonna sit in the jailhouse in this dump while you hog all the glory and fun." Jesse hissed as she stood and offered her glass.

Bones did not give a hang about the money, in truth the thin man never had much use for the stuff and if you were to ask Sandy it would be related that Bones Brown never had more than a dollar or two in his ragged clothes at any time, ever. Bones' wealth was tied up in one single thing, he was good in a gunfight. Bones Brown was a believer in destiny of a sort, in his youth he prepared the bodies of the dead and laid them to rest in fresh dug earth, in these later years he was a master of sending men to the undertaker. Bones viewed these events like a circle that was destined to close someday, you could not go on killing forever, Bones knew this, perhaps the time was coming for the circle be complete.

Bones was not going to fight against the inevitable, but he was going to make damn sure his friends got free and clear before the curtain came down. So his mind was made up, take the deal and agree to spill more blood and at the end of things, help his friends as he had always tried to do in the past.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:06 am

Sandy followed his friend's lead. He held his glass high and nodded his agreement to the marshal. From his perspective it was a sound plan. They'd hit McIntire where it hurts and up until that day they took out the iron wagon, Coyote Hills would be a safe haven for them, so long as they kept their wits about them. They'd have to keep their heads down most of the time of course, but at least they wouldn't have to worry about getting their backsides shot off.

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Jessica_rusch

Jesse smiled and gave, Sandy a playful but solid hit in the shoulder. He didn't spill a drop of whiskey.

"Still solid on yer feet, eh Sandy." She commented in her rough and raspy voice, followed by an excited yip, "Been lookin fer you two sons-a-bitches for near a year and as soon as I finds ya, we're robbin' a goddam stage coach! You'll have to fill me in on this McIntire feller later on, sounds like a real bastard."

The rough and tumble woman licked her lips in anticipation of shooting back the glass of whiskey, but the marshall wasn't drinking, at least not yet. There was the matter of dealing with Dawson and the big man didn't look to pleased with the marshal's offer, like he had some old score to settle. Unfortunately, his beef could cost them their lives and Jesse would rather deal with one man instead of twenty. Bones was as fast as they came and Sandy could out wrestle most, but against so many the fight would be a short one and she'd only just found her boys again. She damned, if'n this ornery cowboy was take 'em away and the derringer up her sleeve was cocked and ready to fire.

Looking over at Bones, she saw that stone cold stare in his eyes. In fact she got to know it so well she could tell when he was about to draw every time and her shot would be right behind his if came down to it. Personally she hoped this Dawson threw in with them, he looked like he could handle himself in a scrape and would come in handy considering the reputation this McIntire had.

"So you in or what, Dawson?" Jesse called out to the big man.

Marshall Barr grinned when Dawson asked, "how much we talkin?"

"Don't play that game with me, Tumbleweed." Answered Barr, "I know you've seen the wagon. You know how much McIntire hauls. Why a fifth of that cargo is more than enough fer you to buy yourself a nice spread and hire enough hands so you'd never have to work again."

Barr's grin waned as he stared into Dawson's eyes and recognized the past burning within them. "Ethan. The past is the past. " the marshal said and seeing that the man was still impassive cut right to the chase, "So what? You wanna a hit me? Is that it? I'm a different man now, and despite what you might think I care for this town. When I put on this star, it was because I shed my old life. Threw it out with the trash, but that bastard, McIntire dragged me right back in."

Barr placed his glass down on the table and walked over and stood before Dawson. His deputy readied himself for action but the marshal raised his hand and signaled him to stay out of it. "Well, com'on, Ethan. Get it over with." Said Barr as he stuck his chin out, "Take yer shot. Deep down I know you want take down, McIntire as much as I do, so take yer shot and throw in with us."

The smaller man stood before Dawson, staring him down. Never again would he get the opportunity to hire two reputable outlaws and Tumbleweed Dawson again, and he was willing to do what ever it took to make his plan work.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 am

TW looked from Bones to Sandy to the lil lady named Jesse with only his eyes. He stood his ground as Barr got right up close to Dawson taunting him. "Well, com'on, Ethan. Get it over with." Said Barr as he stuck his chin out, "Take yer shot. Deep down I know you want take down, McIntire as much as I do, so take yer shot and throw in with us."

Well marshal, I'm not one to throw in the towel so lightly. Turning in place, TW pours hisself another whiskey. He swallows the sour whiskey & rye and sets the shot glass down on the countertop as he looks at the deputy at the corner of his eye. Turning he hits the marshal square in the jaw and watches as he tumbles back over the chair behind him. Dawson points at him, That's for every white slave trade you made with Half Tongue, you sonofbitch! Richard Barr looked surprised.Thats right you sonofbitch, I was there. You and I got some business to finish when this is all over. TW put his hand out and pulled the marshal back up on his feet. So is there a better place to talk business?

At Coyote Hills, McIntire walked into a small Wells Fargo Assay office where a Mr. Madison Larkin waited for McIntire.

"Sheriff, I have a busy schedule to meet, I almost left without you."

Mr Larkin, we got delayed, but the gold is being transferred as we speak and should be finished within the hour. This will be the last time we are delayed, that I promise.

"Well, Sheriff McIntire ,Wells Fargo cannot be delayed and..."

Silly lil man, I have some business to do in town so I should be back here in one hour. My deputies here will stand guard so you are encouraged to stay. I do expect a check to be cut before you leave tonight? Yes? Nod... yes Mr Larkin. Good boy! Sheriff McIntire loved to humilate this lil man and proceeded to pat his bald spot on his head as if the man was nothing but a rag doll. McIntire put his shooting glove and walked down Main Street with four of his entrusted deputies to the jailhouse. It seemed a bit quiet tonight but then maybe Barr got smart and put a curfew into effect like McIntire had done back in Shady Gulch.

He approached the jailhouse and swung open the front door. Hey Buck, hey Jeb...where's a Mitch and Marshal.

Hey Sheriff...Jeb snickered, we got your lil girlfriend in the back...wanna piece of the action.

WHAT!

Easy Sheriff...Jeb is just messin 'round with ya, said Buck. Aint ya Jeb?

Aw shur Sheriff...we wouldn't hurt the Keegan girl. We know you'd come fer her.

Where's Marshal Barr and his deputy Mitch?

Well la thar down at the saloon, fixin on bringin the rest of them cowboys in. Marshal barr got the place surrounded.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 75ad0910Chase finished telling Maddie that he knew how to get her out but her would need some help, so she was to sit tight. Crouched low so as not to make a large target, Chase looked up at the deputies positioned on the rooftops around the saloon. He saw that they were more relaxed now then before, a few of them taking a tabacco break, some smoking some chewing. He made it the corner of the jailhouse when he quickly ducked back into the shadows, seeing McIntire and a few of his men enter the jailhouse. Shit!! This wasn't good.

When he saw McIntire and his men disappear into the jailhouse he, watched the men across the street and when they weren't looking he made his way, using the shadows, to the saloon, heading around back. The horses were tied around back in an alley, not far from the saloon itself. He slipped into the rear of the saloon, and making his way through the small storage room, he came to the door that went into the bar room itself. He spotted Ethan and saw Bones and Sandy sitting at a table. He didn't know who the woman was, but he figured the man walking towards Ethan was the sheriff. Looking around, he spotted Mitch standing at the corner of the bar. How was he going to get Ethan's attention without alerting the man at the end of the bar? When he saw Ethan clock the sheriff, he grinned. Then he heard Ethan suggest they go somewhere and talk business. Okay, now this was strange but it looked like Sandy and Bones were in on it too if his instincts were right.

Chase made a risky decision and crawled back into the storage room. Standing up, he walked right into the bar.

"Well, hello Ethan..Sandy..Bones. Fancy meeting you all here. McIntire's here as well. I just saw him enter the jailhouse. Funny how everyone wound up in the same place."

He looked over at the bartender and demanded a shot of whiskey, his eyes on Ethan hoping that he got the hint on who was in the jailhouse and who just entered. They needed to get Maddie out of there and soon. If McIntire got his hands on her, he'd hurt her. He then looked over Sandy and Bones, hoping that they too, caught the hint, if they even knew that Maddie was in the jailhouse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land   Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 - SPURS N SIX GUNS - No Man's Land
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next