Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Tumble10

Riding out on the trail...TW rode hard for a couple miles before slowing down and stopping.

Ma'am I need ta stop for a tab bit and fix my leaking plumbing.

TW half smiled at the Keengan Girl...I've heard a lot of good things about you from the indian boy Chase riding with you.

He's safe by the way and out of that town. I'm kind of banged up a bit..but I'll be alright. We have to keep moving and meet up with your other side kicks. He waited patiently for her to say something..
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie was still reeling from what had just happened. Being collared and leashed, slapped, fondled and then the explosions after this cowboy had shown up, but she was also as mad as a coyote stuck in a trap. Of course, she also wanted to just lay down and cry, but preferred the anger to that.

When they stopped and he said something about fixing his leaking plumbing, she quickly shimmied down off of the horse and put a few feet between her and the cowboy, when she saw the blood. Sighing, she knew that it needed looking after and said so.

"Mister, thank you for getting me out of there and away from that piece of scum and for letting me know that Chase is okay. Now, if you'll be so kind as to let me have a look at your wound, then we can be on our way."

She saw him give her an amused smile which riled her up to no end and her blue eyes flashed at him.

"Look, sit down and let me have a look or just keep bleeding. Makes no difference to me."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:00 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Mitch_murdock

Murdock's pistol flashed from his holster and the deputy took a few wide shots at Dawson. He missed on purpose, but he had to make it look convincing. That's when the second floor of the Desert Rose came down on him and McIntire. Thankfully, the wily deputy had anticipated the collapse by the loud snaps of the creaking timbers and made it out of a window before he was buried alive. The spry cowboy hit the dirt and rolled off of his shoulder and in one smooth motion rose to his feet, picked up his hat and kept running else the entire building come down next.

Murdock stopped on the other side of the street and stood amongst some dumbfounded onlookers as the gasped in horror at the destruction around them. One of them asked Mitch, "Where's the Marshal?", and dusting off his head the deputy stormed off without a word to find out what happened to Barr.

As the deputy rounded the corner he was surprised to find that the Marshal's house was a ablaze! One of the explosions had ripped right through it and Murdock feared the worst as he knew it was the last place that he had seen Barr. Kicking, through, the front door, Mitch covered his mouth with his arm and kept low as he navigated through the burning remains of the living room. A few burning beams toppled over, nearly striking him and as the heat was increasing, Murdock knew he was going to have to turn back but before he did he found what he hoped he wouldn't. Marshal Barr's smoldering body was pinned under a mass of fiery debris. He never even knew what hit him.

"Poor bastard." Said Murdock to himself.

The deputy wasted little time gathering his belongings and high-tailing it out of town. He drove his piebald straight on to the hide-out, his keen eyes making sure no one was following him and taking a round about way just to make sure. It was well past noon when the deputy's horse was heard by the three gunfighters within the old farm house. Sandy had his rifle trained on the rider the entire way, but once his face came into view, the sharp shooter raised his rifle and nodded to his friends that it was safe.

The met the deputy outside and Murdock not bothering to dismount informed them of what happened. Already in the distance a black plum of smoke appeared on the horizon verifying the deputies story.

"Dawson up and blew up half the town." Exagerrated Murdock, but as Tumble had destroyed several of the more prominent structures it might as well have been.

"Where's Barr?" Grimly inquired Sandy who already suspected the worst.

"Dead." Said Murdock, "An explosion took down his house with him in it."

Sandy sighed and shook his head. "What about, McIntire?" he asked Mitch.

Murdock shook his head. "Don't know. If'n he's alive he'll be madder 'n hell. That's why I'm clearin' outta these parts." And with that being said, Murdock tipped his hat to his partners, "Via con Dios, my friends." he told them, then he road off eastward never once looking back.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Sandy_wilken

Sandy walked back into the house, sat down and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What the hell do we do now?" he posed.

Jesse stood beside him, put a hand on a hip and took a swig of whiskey from the bottle then threw it over to Bones.

"Well boys I may not know much, but I sure as hell knows it when a deal's gone sour. I say we clear outta here before this hornet's nest yer big friend's stirred up blows our way and bite's us on the ass!"

Sandy leaned back and looked over at Bones and smiled. Jesse always had a colourful way of saying things. More often it was just for effect, but this time he felt that she made perfect sense. Without Barr or Mitchell to act as inside men on this deal, the plan was useless.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Jessica_rusch
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:16 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek 196510

Sheriff McIntire was pulled from the debris. He was unconscious and needed a doctor. His last memory was seeing Deputy Murdock shooting his revolver at the ceiling versus at Dawson. When the second floor collasped, he was able to roll under a poker table that flatten over and pinned him from moving.

Dawson...he knew he hit Dawson in the chest several times before the big man slammed into him. What kept him up, grabbing Maddie and running up the back door. he would never know. He looked at the destruction through the doctors office window and saw people rushing to put out small fires all over the place. One man did all this damage. Where the hell was Barr at and why didn't he have a possee together already.

It was then that the doctor stopped back in from behind the screen..."Sheriff McIntire, I'm glad you're awake. I have some bad news to report, Marshal Barr was in his home when an explosion ripped through his home, he was buried in the rubble and didn't make it."

Buick Daniels spoke up..."John...its Buck." He leaned over the gurney, interupting the doctor. "How you feeling John?" McIntire acknowledged...Buck Daniels his deputy.

I'm glad I was there to pull you out of the rubble and I got two clean shots off...both hit Dawson in the chest. There's more...John. Deputy Mitchell Murdock,who went to look for Marshal Barr afterwards, was last seen riding out of town with his belongings, a sleep roll and headed in a different direction then the murderer Dawson and the Keegan girl rode out on..."

Sheriff McIntire jumped from the gurney pissed...reaching for his side arm that wasn't there and clutching his bandaged forehead. McIntire unstable, collasped to his knees trying to get his bearings. His world was fading in and out from the concussion. "GIT ME UP ON MY FEET..GIT MY MEN ROUNDED UP...WE NEED TO GO AFTER THose tw,,,two...Sheriff McInitre passed out

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:33 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek John_w11

Down on his knees...Dawson looked at the young lady...

"Maggie...is it you? Maggie it's me, Ethan."

TW was seeing a ghost. He had loss some blood and in his blurred vision instead of seeing Maddie...he saw another brunette. "Sure...I will seat still on that rock there. Ethan sat down and felt two bullet holes..."SHIT! McIntire actually shot me twice. "He looked back at her and smiled..."you're nt Maggie,you're Maddie...and and I need to git on my horse..and
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:22 am

TELEGRAPH SENT TO SHADY GULTH
SHADY GULTH Sheriff Office

TO: Thomas McCaffety, Deputy

Tom,

1. Trouble in C.Hills. I've been appointed as the new Sheriff for Coyote Hills by the Mayor and town council.
2. Sheriff John McIntire has been injured and is being sent back to Shady Gulch., should be there in a few days.
3. Marshal Barr is dead.
4. Deputy Mitch Murdock is missing and is wanted for questioning
5. Tumbleweed Dawson is wanted for murder
6. Lil Maddie Keegan girl is wanted for questioning as an accessory to Marshal Barr's death
7. NEED TWO WANTED posters drawn up for:

WANTED for MURDER
Ethan Dawson known as 'Tumbleweed'

WANTED as an ACCESSORY
Madison Keegan known as 'Maddie'

8. Send this to Shady Gulch Newspaper

Trouble in Coyote Hills
Nine buildings damaged by explosion
One building destroyed by explosion and fire
Three Injured
One Dead
One Missing and Wanted for Questioning

9. Also is the gallows finished? Sheriff McIntire will hold a special hearing and hang all involved as soon as their caught.

10. Send out a small possee to look for the two renegade gunslingers named Sandy and Bones
John M. has a sweet deal for them both. Keep them happy until mcIntire speaks to them both.

11. Is the warwagon ready?

sincerely,

Buck

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Gallow10

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie rushed over to Ethan and struggled to help him lay down, getting him into the shadow of a scroungy bush. She was sweating before it was done and worried when she saw the blood on the front of his shirt. Ripping it open, buttons flying everywhere, she quickly assessed the damage. One hole just under his left collar bone and the other was just below his breast, same side, in the fleshy part. This one had gone clean through but the other one was still inside his body. She would have to dig it out.

"Mister.....hey, mister.....I'm gonna have to dig out the bullett up by your shoulder. It's gonna hurt, but I'll move as fast as I can."t

Her voice was soft as she spoke to him and she gave him a smile before she ran to his horse and grabbed his saddlebags. Rummaging though them, she found a small bottle of whiskey, some jerky, and a small roll of bandages with a small sewing kit. Not much else. ~Well, it'll have to do~, she thought to herself. It never ceased to amaze her that these types of men carried sewing kits to mend their own tears in their clothing, but couldn't cook worth a damn.

Taking his knife out of it's sheath at his hip, she found a semi-smooth stick and placed it between his teeth.

"Bite down on this."

Pouring some whiskey over the wound then the knife, she mumbled soft apologies as he groaned at the burning from the alcohol.

"You have to hold real still.....I'll go as fast as I can."

Making the hole a little bigger, she quickly dug around until she found the bullett and proceeded to dig it out. What only took about 15 minutes, seemed to take hours, but finally she pulled the bullet free and through it to the side as she cleaned the wound again with whiskey. Thankfully, by then, he had passed out. Now, she set to work on patching him up. She was able to grab a hold of a loose string in the dress she was wearing and used this to sew up the hole, then started on the other wound, stitching it up as well.

Once she was done, she wiped the sweat off of her brow, took a swig of the whiskey and sat down next to him, making sure that his wounds stayed clean until he woke. She was a mess herself, hands now shaking as the adrenaline began to wear off.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:09 am

maddie...maddie....

maddie...I ach and Im cold...help me git up and on the horse and we'll go find some shelter someplace. I know we were supposed to meet up with your partners ...but I've been out for while after I? How many hours?

Maddie said something like 4 hours and she couldnt move me. She was pretty tired herself and pushed me up onto the horse, and then I grabbed her right wrist and pulled her on the horse with me. It was cold and TW was still feverish. I know of a place we can hold out for a few days, maddie..

Follow that trailhead 'til you go over a lil hill. Turn right at the cactus tree and turn north through the cactus grove. When you pass the last one look to the right, there will be a cabin. The roof has collasped on one end a but there are four walls and inside, one can hold up for a few days without being seen. There's some firewood there.

By the way, maddie...my name's TW, short fer Tumbleweed. I'm not from these parts...been driving cattle up north through the plains when my partner went for some supplies in that lil town Shady Gulch and thats where all the trouble started. Maddie if I doze off, wake me up so that I kin protect ya if need be.

Maddie got us to the cabin. This fella Sandy and Bones had already left the place. No tellin what happen 'em but they were gone. TW was acky and comfortable in the old cabin, although he was gettin hungry.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie was rummaging through the dibilatated cabin, looking for canned goods and/or water or something to drink. Finding nothing, she turned to TW and checked on him, feeling his head. She was glad to feel that he was warm, but not dangerously so. When he mumbled something about being hungry, she placed her hands on her hips and looked around, unsure as to what to do.

Heading out to the horse, she made sure that he was taken care of, rubbing him down the best that she could and setting him up in the run down barn. Grabbing the saddlebags, she brought them back into the cabin and rummaged through them for the jerky. Knowing that he may not be awake enough to chew it, she decided that she would have to find a way to get some other type of nourishment.

"TW...TW, I have to leave for just a little while and try to get us a hare or lizard or something like that. I also need to find some water, I saw a well near the cabin. Just lay here and I'll be right back. Your gun is right here next to the cot."

As she turned to leave the cabin, she mumbled under her breath.

"What kind of a name is Tumbleweed?"

She returned a couple of hours later with a freshly skinned hare that she'd trapped with a snare and a bucket of water. Building a small fire in the little fireplace, she let the rabbit cook as she bathed TW's head with a piece of the dress she was wearing and the cool water. She was dead tired and her whole body ached, but she didn't stop nor complain. Once the rabbit was done, she found a somewhat clean stick in the rubble at the other end of the cabin and using TW's knife cleaned one end, making sure that the tip was blunt. Next, she found an old wooden bowl, cleaning it out the best she could, and proceeded to mash up some of the meat from the rabbit. Heading over to TW, she began to feed it to him in small increments, encouraging him to swallow, which he did. Every few bites, she gave him small sips of water.

That night, she makes a makeshift pallet on the floor next to the cot. His knife is next to her and his gun lays in between her and the cot. She quickly falls asleep once she checks on him.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 am

It's been 2 weeks since TW, been stitched up by the pretty keegan girl named Maddie. She looked after TW for a few weeks until they were able to move again. Now, back on the road again, TW is itching to get on the road again and leave this countryside. He's had enough of Marshal McIntire but apparently things have gotten worse since we were gone and Maddie's Daddy has been arrested and is sitting in Shady Gulch waiting to be tried and hung for harboaring two outlaws. Maddie is tore up and pissed off at the two wanted signs of both her and TW. TW is worth $50,000 and Maddie is worth $2000.

TW wakes up to seeing a herd of horses running up the trail and Maddie behind them whooping and a hollaring...waving her hands and using a lasso to stir the herd in a horse pen.

"Well I'll be damn!"

Grabbing his chest and walking to the cabin door, Ol' TW sure like the way that lil woman handled herself.

"YOU GO MADDIE...I dont care what they say about you...I sure do I like seeing this part of you and you're looking at the best trainer for Cutting horses ...right here"

I think its best we start to move again and get back to your daddys ranch and see if anyone is still there and see what we can do about rescuein him ...what ll you think?

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Bige10

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Bones_10

Bones watched as Murdock rode away, there was no doubt that with the death of Barr that Mitch would not return to these parts. Bones' mind was unchanged in the face of these unforeseen events, he aimed to chop the legs out from under McIntire just the same.

In his time riding with Sandy and Jesse Bones had learned all about stacked odds, they were always against he and Sandy and Jesse and every time they beat them, and beat them proper. The thin gunfighter was weary of drifting around the country and avoiding the law in certain territories, and he was damn tired of leaving enemies and scum like McIntire behind to suck towns and the hard working people that dwelt there dry.

"I'm still going for the wagon Sandy, and the man. I'm gonna finish this."
Bones said, breaking the desperate silence.

Bones stood in the center of the old shack, his clothes were covered in the dust of the place. Bones looked down to his gun belt, it was dark in contrast to his yellowing overcoat and faded and soiled white shirt.

"I need to finish this, Jesse needs the money..."
Bones smiled at the woman.

"She promised me a new shirt."

Last edited by SubBear on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:17 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Jessica_rusch

"Damn, Bones I so much as thunk we'd go and dig up another coffin and git you newer one." Jesse quipped.

She smiled wryly and took another swig of whiskey. "I sure wouldn't mind livin' high on the hog for a while though boys. I'm wit', Bones."

Jesse cast Sandy a sideways glance and the Englishman nodded. She never though for a moment that Sandy would have decided otherwise, but she liked to let him think he had a choice in the matter otherwise.

"It's settled then."

They decided to wait for sunset before heading out. It made more sense to travel under the cover of darkness and avoid the heat of the day. Barr had stashed enough dry goods in the cellar to last a man a week if necessary, so they didn't much trouble killing a few hours. When the sun had finally set, Sandy went out and loaded some extra food in his saddle bags, holstered his rifles and tightened the straps in preparation for the journey ahead. He started walking back into the shack but paused when he heard the sound of a small stone knocking of another. Whatever kicked it up walked on two legs and Sandy wasn't taking any chances. He dropped down low and spun around with his gun drawn.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Richard_barr

"Jeezus! Hold yer fire. I've already died once today!" Said Marshal Barr with his hands raised.

Sandy slowly stood, took a step toward the Marshall and curiously slapped the man's shoulder.

"Seem pretty live to me." He said, "Mitch was convinced you were dead. What the hell happened?"

Barr's eyes drifted down to Sandy's pistol.

"I'd feel a little more comfortable discussing this inside and without that gun pointed at my belly."

Sandy holstered his weapon and gestured for Barr to lead the way.

When Barr walked into the shack, Jesse looked like she had just seen a ghost... literally.

"Shit!" Exclaimed Jesse, "Thought you was dead!"

Barr smiled widely. "Not yet."

"Mitch was pretty sure." Said Sandy as he walked in behind the Marshal, carrying his repeating rifle just in case trouble followed Barr.

"Wasn't me burnin' up in that fire." Explained Barr as he grabbed the bottle of whiskey off the make shift table and sat down on it. He took a good drink and exhaled slowly. "For about the tenth time that week, ol' Pete Barnes, had come a knockin' at my door complainin' about Curly Joe's goats gettin' in his corn. Ten times must a been the charm. I told Pete to go sit in the parlor while I stepped out to grab a coffee can for the man's chew. That's when Tumbleweed started blowing apart the town. There was a flash of bright light and the next thing I remember was waking up in the barn across the road. I figured being dead might just work to our advantage so I kept hidden and rode out here as soon as I could."

The Marshall looked around then. "Where is Mitch?"

"Gone." Answered Sandy.

"Gone?"

"Yeah. He didn't want to stick around and deal with McIntire if you were dead."

Barr nodded. "Well, we better go after him."

"What?"

"We need him."

"I think we can handle the wagon." Said Sandy.

"How fast can you pick a lock?" Countered Barr, "I've never seen anyone that can pick a lock like, em. The doors of that there wagon are locked tight, and we need someone who can get into em, and fast. I hope the three of ya weren't thinkin' we'd blast our way in?"
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Bones_10

As Barr walked in behind Sandy Bones spun to face the men, his twin colts were steady and high in his pale thin hands. The long barreled Dragoon pistols pointed over Sandy's shoulder at the walking dead man.

"Evening sheriff..." Bones said flatly as he holstered his guns.
This was unexpected, Barr had escaped death and kept his promise to meet back up with the three outlaws.

"You sure went a long way to keep yer word Barr, coming back from the dead and all."
Bones said not trusting his story about this unfortunate Pete Barnes and his piss poor timing.

Bones listened to Barr sell Murdock's skills as a lock pick, and damn it all is he wasn't right, Bones had thought of blasting the belly of the wagon open if it proved to be a rolling fortress. Bones and Sandy and Jess had pulled plenty of smash and grabs in the past and finesse was not a strong point. No one among the three misfits was any kind of a lock expert and they had never squared off with anything like the heavily armored iron wagon before.

Bones watched Barr as he spoke of Murdock, Bones thought that there was little difference between men like Barr and Murdock and outlaws like he, Sandy and Jess. When the chips were down they were all killers and crooks, and Bones considered himself among this group. The only real difference was that men like Murdock and Barr got a regular paycheck for their troubles.

Bones wondered if Barr was turning the screws on them, leading them to prison or the gallows. Bones was not afraid either way he only hoped that if the fix was in that he would have a chance to do something good for his friends and lastly to put down any that would profit from their misery.

Bones rubbed his graying whiskers as Barr finished.
"Murdock is half a day ahead, it would be easy enough to catch up."

He and Sandy and Jesse were already packed up, their horses were rested and watered.

Bones put a dusty boot into a stirrup and climbed in the saddle. The thin gunfighter slapped his hat with it's prominent bullet hole and all on his lap as he sat on his horse, a small puff of dust came loose and drifted away.

The evening air was cool, much cooler than the blazing heat they had endured in the days at the shack, and Bones was grateful. Slipping his hat back onto his head Bones looked to Sandy to read his friend, what did he think about this ride and did he trust Barr.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:51 am

Sheriff McIntire raised from the bed and pushed his feet into the tall black boots...Daisy May turned over and pulled the covers back over her neked self. He pulled a couple of dollars from his wallet and tossed it on the bed. Then he walked and stood by the window, peeking out. Looking down the street at the dark tall shadow and the horses standing in front of it. He reached in his pocket and pulled a long slender cigar. Licking it, he reached into his other pocket and raised his boot, striking the match , he lifted the match and lit his cigar. Then blew out the match and dropped it into the spittle can. He sucked in a bellow of fresh sweet smelling tobacco and held it in as he looked down the other way and saw noone up this early on a sunday morning. Exhaling, he stood ny the bed and kissed Daisy May...thanks darling for a wonderful night. He walked to the door, opened it, put on his black cowboy and walked out...closing the door behind him.

Deputy McCaffety stood by the war wagon drinking black coffee and watching the mexican slaves load the bags of gold into the wagon. "Morn'n Sheriff... we're 'bout done here. I sent word to Buck Daniels that we'd be taking that new route this morn'n and reckon that their mogue will be busy, so I told Buck to have the morgue and funeral parlor to start building casket boxes. McIntire smiled and nodded///at McCaffety. I'll be at the saloon gittin some breakfast...Ok sheriff McIntire...I'll have a runner go fetch ya when we're ready to make the run.

An hour later...the war wagon rolled out ...and the gatling gun was mounted on top and a small army of gunslingers as well. The wagon rode on for many hours before a indian raiding party decided to take on the wagon and its riders.. McCaffety told the crew to slow down and when the raiding party was almost on top of them , he launched his own attack and fired hundreds of bullets killing all that continued to chase the wagon. The renegade parties, four in total were left for dead as wagon rode hard to get across the desert. Anything that moved got wasted.

Meanwhile, Sheriff McIntire watched the war wagon take off, he saddled his horse and a possee of twenty men set out to ride to the Keegan ranch and arrest Ian Keegan. Sheriff McIntire intentions were to give him a short trial and hang im before the sunset in five days time. Aiding and harboring renegade injuns, TW and Maddie Keegan is wat Sheriff McIntire figurin in charging him and if he didnt corporate...he'd gunned him down in cold blood at the ranch.

Later that evening, the war wagon and her riders rolled into Coyote Hills...the gold was removed and placed in a vault at the Wells Fargo Assay office. The riders and the war wagon bedded down in close quarters with four men on a 2-hour watch.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:59 am

A little over six days ago...

"Let's go after Murdock." Agreed Sandy after considering the fact that using explosives on the wagon might not be the best idea, especially if it was also hauling legal tender notes. All the money could be burnt and that would be one hell of a waste.

They followed, Murdock's trail which eventually lead them in a more north easterly direction but they didn't catch up with the deputy any time soon. Seemed that, Mitch Murdock was an experienced long range rider by what Barr told them and tracking him down wasn't going to be as easy as they originally thought. Eventually, Sandy was called upon to use his tracking skills to follow the elusive rider and a few times he was guiding them by pure instinct, but thankfully they were accurate. Seemed Murdock had made his way to the Sante Fe trail, and once on it, they rode due east and double timed it, knowing that they would eventually overtake him over the long stretch.

Along the way, Sandy, Bones and Jesse had spent a lot of time covertly discussing their impression of Barr. After much debate, which really didn't amount to much more than a few words here there when they had the chance, it was determined that the ex-marshal could be trusted up until the point they got their hands on the money. Once the goal was insight, there was no telling what might happen, but then again, they had to admit that Barr might have just been thinking the same thing about them, and rightly so. There was no honor among thieves.

For the most of the ride, Barr had proved to be a rather amiable man. He even splurged one night and put them all up in an inn that they happened to come across in a one horse town. He honestly spoke of his dark past and some of the underhanded things he had done, which he wasn't proud of. Rick, as they had come to know him, divulged that he had turned over a new leaf when he had become Marshal. While is original intentions for taking the position were less than admirable, he began over time to truly understand what his tin star represented. He no longer wanted to be feared but respected, as an honest man but before he could do that he had to get rid of McIntire, but so long as the money existed some other bastard would just fall into his place. The key to getting rid of him was stealing all that the black-sherrif had, and of course it never hurts to be rich he admitted.

They finally caught up with Murdock at the Kansas Territory border. The former deputy was resting up by a river when they spotted him and Mitch had first thought he had seen a ghost when Barr rode up to him. They learned right then and there that, Mitch was extremely superstitious and it took a while to convince that Barr wasn't some spirit come back to haunt him for abandoning him.

"So, yer all still goin' after that wagon?" Asked Mitch.

Barr nodded and smiled. "We need ya kid. We don't want a go blasting the wagon all to hell if'n we don't need ta. You know the guards don't carry the keys so you're are only ticket in. What d'ya say?"

Mitchel looked eastward then back the way he had come, then back to Barr. He gave a slight, expressionless nod then turned his horse around.

I had taken three days to catch up to Murdock and they had just about a long a ride back if not longer, considering how they pushed their horses. Thankfully they had two extra, but since they couldn't rotate all their mounts they mainly served as back-ups incase one of the horses went lame on the way.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Mitch_murdock
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 am

McIntire swiftly pointed to high advantage points around the ranch...2 men there, 2 men on the other side, up along that trail, 4 behind the Keegan Ranch house, 2 east and 2 west of the creekbed...anything moves...and I mean anything, gun it down and make sure their dead. I don't want no witnesses.

Ok sheriff...

Listen up boys...this man, Ian Keegan is wanted for harboring fugitives and in this territory Ian Keegan is going to hang.

Duke you take four boys and spread out on the south side...I'll take the the other four and make my move toward his house.

Duke...in ten minutes I want you to advance to the barn and burn it down..

But sheriff what if someone is hiding in the barn?

McIntire looked at Duke and then turned away without looking back. Duke you know what happens to my deputies that disobey my orders....

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Q41if010

IAN KEEGAN...

IAN KEEGAN.....

THIS IS SHERIFF MCINTIRE. I HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST FOR HARBORING FUGITIVES< MADDIE KEEGAN and TUMBLEWEED DAWSON

WE KNOW YOU"RE IN THERE, COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS INTERLOCKED and BEHIND YOUR HEAD.

YOU'RE SURROUNDED KEEGAN...

YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES THEN ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE...

Duke moved into position and McIntire watched as Duke lit a couple of torches.

Ian Keegan stood in the doorway aith his rifle in his hands..
SHERIFF...THIS IAN...What the HELL you Talkin 'bout...my DAUGHTER ISN"T NO FUGITIVE...SHE JUST AINT bending over for a lynin jackass...like YOU MCINTIRE...and I AINT DONE A DAMN thing

And you KNOW iT...SO GIT OFF MY PROPERTY NOW...

In the background, gunfire echoed through the canyon. It had already started...

When Ian said something to someone else in the house and pulled back his rifle in the doorframe...McIntire and his deputies rushed the house.

Blam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam...McInitire fired inside the house from the doorway and listened as two bodies fell to the floor. It was over before any of McIntire's men made any advancement to burn down the barn.

As Ian is arrested and shackles are put on him for the ride back to town. McIntire looks at Duke...you have your orders...finish them...he watched as Duke fidgeted then finally tossed the torch on top of the tall barn as did the other torches were tossed. The barn burnt quickly and billows of smoke raised above the desert floor and could be seen for miles..

The Possee took Ian and hand delivered him to the Shady Gulch jailhouse that afternoon.

The bloodbath at Ian Keegan ranch was left in a disarray by Sheriff McIntire s gunslingers and each of them rode off with more then they could carry in their saddle bags...

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 am

Ethan took the shotgun hanging on the wall above the fireplace and loaded both barrels full of buckshot and gunpowder. Maddie wasn't anywhere to be found and ol’ TW was fit to be tied...Dang...I'm hungry. Taking the loaded shotgun outside he adjusted the sling and walked down pass the cactus plants and stopped. He'd learn to hunt Quail from his pa many years ago and one thing he did know without a dog he had a lot of work to do by himself. Quail were found on land that had a combination of open land and woody cover. Fields around the shack were thick with briars, tumbleweeds and tall grasses that provided Quail with the seeds they feed upon and cover to hide from when they felt threaten.

Between the cactus and briars, Ethan could hear their chatter. Quail camouflaged so true to nature that one could walk right past a Quail if it was being still and not notice it. But the one thing, his Pa did teach him was their normal daily pattern, Quail fed on seeds in fields in the morning; Quail rested under woody cover by mid-day; late afternoon Quail would be back in the weedy areas of a field gathering seeds and normally slept in weedy, grassy areas at night. Ethan looked at the midday sun and figured the Quail would be running again in a little bit of time, so he sat down on a boulder and waited.

When he heard the group of Quail scatter from under the briar bushes, he took aim and fired knocking down five Quail with one shot. Well that wasn’t too bad. Taking the birds to the stream, Ethan cut off their heads, used his index finger and thumbs and plucked the feathers from the breast and back, shot and guts from each bird. Ethan walked back to the shack, wondering what happen to Maddie.

Cooking the birds, Ethan had just sat down and wasn't disappointed. Juicy, tender and meaty, with a subtle, pleasant gaminess, Ethan’s grilled Quail with dry-cured olives and Swiss chard sauce was a far cry from the buckshot peppered Quail of his childhood. He had finished eating two birds when Maddie
showed up, looking tired and hungry. Evening Miss Maddie…you looked terrible, why don’t cha pull up a chair and I’ll finish up outside. Tomorrow we can head toward your Daddy’s ranch.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie had spent most of the day scouting the area, making sure that McIntire's men were nowhere to be seen. She'd had a hard day of it, a rattlesnake spooking her horse and causing her to tumble from the saddle only to have to walk a few miles to collect her black and white painted mustang. By the time she'd made it back to the little cabin, she was sore, dirty, hungry and tired. Smelling the cooked quail made her mouth water and she all but snatched one, devouring it before stopping and blushing at the inuse of her manners. She mumbled a 'sorry' and sat down next to TW to eat the bird more slowly. Then, she told him what had happened to her that day and smiled at the thought of seeing her ma and pa again.

The next day was sunny and bright as TW and Maddie moved out. By early evening they were on Keegan land and Maddie couldn't stop herself from spurring her horse into a fast gallop to reach the large cabin as quickly as possible.

TW would see her pull her horse up short as if something had spooked her and stay still on top of the hill overlooking her ranch. What she saw had her seeing red then had her face turning whiter than then white on her paint.

The barn was gone, nothing but smoldering rubble and from the looks of things elsewhere around the ranch, there'd been a small war. Thinking about her pa, Maddie screamed a 'NO!!' and pushed her little mustang down the hill and straight for the man who was going through the rubble that used to be the barn. Pulling her gun, she got ready to shoot when the man turned and she saw that it was Chase.

Jumping off of her horse before it stopped, she ran into her best friend's arms.

"What's happened?!"

"Maddie, it was McIntire. He's got your pa and he's willing to trade you for him. He's got him at the jailhouse now and if you don't agree with his terms in a set amount of time then he'll hang him."

Maddie gasped at what Chase had told her and turned to see TW dismounting and walking towards her. Chase repeated what he knew to the big man as Maddie made her way to the barn, her bright blue eyes turning dark with anger.

"Maddie....Maddie girl, now you need to calm down. We have to have a plan first before you go off half cocked and get yourself killed. We'll get your pa, don't worry about that."

Chase had seen this look before and knew that he'd need TW's help to keep the girl in line while they formed a plan. Leaning closer to the man, he quietly spoke to him.

"Look, she's gonna go after her pa, mark my words and if we don't keep a close eye on her, she'll get herself killed or worse......she'll become McIntire's whore. And trust me, he won't be easy on her. She's stubborn and as willful as they come, but she's loyal to a fault. Maybe between the two of us we can keep her corraled while we come up with a plan."

Chase was watching Maddie as she picked her way through what was left of the barn, a sob escaping her every now and again as she found charred remains of a horse or a man.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek John_w11

TW got off the saddle and walked toward the barn. The devastation was tremendous and if McIntire had something to do with this, he was finished as a sheriff. TW knew it was time to get his buddy involved. The officer from Chief of Scouts for the Third Cavalry during the Plains Wars and a pony express rider for the Wells Fargo stagecoach. The officer had seen more action then the United States 1st regment Cavalry Soldiers of the presnt Civil War.

Ethan walked right up to Maddie and put his strong arms around her. Maddie cowered in fear against his shoulder so that no other could see her tears. She was strong-willed yet now she needed his strength to hold her up. Looking into her watery eyes, Ethan held her to his chest. It's ok Maddie..he'll pay for this. Let's walk together. Ethan and Maddie walked toward the house. He had to get her away from this...this wasn't necessary it was McIntire, he went too far and TW knew he never be able to get the any soldiers out here for a lil disturbance. They had more important things ongoing with the confedrate soldiers taking possesion of the Arizonia Territory. Ethan whispered , we will get help and get your Dad back.

Ethan pushed the door open with his boot and looked around...the place had seen better days. Sunlight shone through the bullet holes left in the walls and shattered glass from picture frames were swept up in small piles. Chase must have been busy before we got there. Maddie burst into tears and fled to her bedroom. Maddie..., TW walked over to her room and cradled her face in his hands. Chase stepped into her room and quietly handed a wet cloth to TW to soothe her anguish. Chase do you have any meds to help...help 'er sleep.

Bullheaded and ornery...Maddie said, NO. No Meds...I'm fine. TW said, looked at her softly let me take care of you. TW fed her some rum and soothed her until she fell asleep.

Afterwards,

TW to Chase. Chase, can we get a doctor to come out to the ranch?

Chase to TW. No doctor will come out now.

TW to Chase. ...ok then here is what I need you to do. Get as many workers together and clean this place up. Maddie and I will leave tonight to go to Slippery Gulch. It's about 4 days ride, north of here. I will send a telegraph to Fort Defiance.

Chase to TW. No you cant do that...Fort Defiance soldiers abondon their post and the Confedrate soldiers moved in.

TW to Chase. What!

Chase to TW. It happen when you guys were in Coyote Hills. US Army abondon their post and was overrun by the Confedrate Army.

TW to Chase. Well then that leaves us with only one other lawman that I know about. He fought in the Plains War, worked as a pony express rider for Wells Fargo stage and he was headin for the Missouri Territory to work as a lawman out there. His name is COL William McCabe. I'll take Maddie with me to find him and you need to stay here and keep low until we get back. In eight days, that will get us two days to rescue Maddie's Pa.

Chase to TW. Good luck TW.

TW to Chase. Good luck? Thats not a bad trip.

Chase to TW. Oh I know that TW...I meant good luck with Maddie, she's set in her ways and she's ornery.

TW to Chase. I noticed. Yeah you're right I will need luck....

Riding out into the darkness, Maddie was on her own horse and bitchin up a storm. There was only one way to get her to come with Ethan and she was fit to be tied. Literally TW tied her wrists to the saddle post. He sat back in his saddle and pulled the other horse behind him...wishing he had put his scarf around something that would have done the most good instead of hearing her whine.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek 12712c10
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Now son...I ain't tellin you again...git up outta there and move. You don't want me to pull this trigger and put this lead ball between your eyelids cuz then aint noone is gonna claim you except fer them buzzards flying overhead. Now son at the count of four, I'm gonna pull on five.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Conagh11

Col McCabe sat on his horse and stared down at the boy, no sense in this. He shook his head...what were you thinking BOY trying to steal US mail from a armed Pony Express rider.

Git up, put these on. Wild Bill threw handcuffs to the boy. Let's go. The kid jumped on his own horse and rode back to Slippery Gulch with a six shooter in his back.

Back in Town, the Wild West show was already in full swing and Wild Bill watched from the grandstands all the acts. Then a challenge went out to all the men and women in the audience.

HERE HERE THERE THERE COME ONE n ALL...TONITE WE WILL TAKE ALL CHALLENGES FROM THE GRNDSTANDS IN A CHALLENGE TO SHOOT THE MOST CLAY PIGEONS. THE WINNER WILL RECIEVE $100 DOLLARS.

Wild Bill watched as man after man lost and finally he stood up and took the challenge hisself.

Pull...the clay pigeon didnt make it but half way across the field before Wild Bill shot it to pieces.

Round after round...each clay pigeon was shot down. The sharp shooter and Wild Bill were now shooting 3 clay pigeons at the same time, but with their backs turned around.On the second to last shoot, the sharpshooter missed the third pigeon. Wild Bill came out being the winner. Cheers from the crowd and an invite by the owner to join the wild west show. Sorry but I got job. He won the $100 dollars and enjoyed the rest of the show with everyone else.

That night the show wrapped things up and left Slippery Gulch. Noone saw the group go but the entire act packed up and left town. In the morning, Wild Bill woke up to screaming going on. The bank had been robbed and people were upset. Noone knew who pulled it off....
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Marsha11

Sheriff McIntire walked down the street to the Miner's lodge. Many people still were gathered around the mine shaft, awaiting news if their loved ones had made it out.

Late last night, the Mine whistle went off when a methane gas explosion was sparked probally by a miner's pic some 2600 feet below the surface. The explosion rocked Shady Gulch and good folks woke with new worries.

Bart, how men were down in the mine working last night?

Twenty men, sheriff.

See to it that the spouses get word when their men are pulled from this mess and make sure I'm notified when work can begin again.

Blinking...Bart looked on at Sheriff McIntire. His cold impression of wanting to clear the mess up and start mining again without any compassion for the men that were lost the night before..stunned the young Bart Trane. He turned away when the Sheriff spoke again..

Bart...

YES SIR, SHERIFF!

One last thing, when you find out who caused the explosion down there , I want the spouse stripped of her belongings and put in the middle of the town square. When the stagecoach pulls in, I want put on the stagecoach to be shipped to Coyote Hills RedLight District. She can work off her husbands debt at the local whore house until his debt is paid off for this mess and the delay of the gold shipment.

Now get these mess cleaned up and the town people out of here before I return and fire you as well.

YES SIR..

Turning toward the crowd, you heard the Sheriff...git...git outta hare..

Last edited by Sir_Easy on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie had never been so angry then she was right at that moment. How dare he tie her hands to the saddlehorn of her own saddle and force her to follow him! She had to get her pa out of jail and instead TW was dragging her with him to Slippery Gulch for some reason or another! She was bitching at his back, threatening with him everything under the sun and then some until finally she quieted. He hadn't even let her have her own horse, her beloved black and white painted mustang gelding, but then she also knew that Chase had warned TW that she had trained the horse herself and didn't need her hands to guide him. Sighing loudly, she glared at his back waiting until his guard was down so that she could get back to saving her pa. Then she would deal with Chase, the traitor!! How could he side with this buffoon when it was her pa that McIntire had taken?!

As they rode on, Maddie began to doze in the saddle.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:06 am

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Vcktd010

Look, I'm telling you right now. This new arrangement will work for both of us, Buck. I can make you a wealthy man. Just keep Coyote Hills under control and watch how your investment grows. There are investors from Chicago and New York interested in properties out here and they want to open the doors to a new way in banking. By using these legal tenders, this circulation of paper money is the future, Buck...a far better way to do business versus weigh in an ounce of gold. And the coppers, well I can see our town folk wanting to buy a round using a $1 dollar tender and receiving change...currency.

Using these tenders is the way of the future, Buck...I mean think about this...The earlier notes in this series carry the following obligation: "This note is a legal tender...a..a. legal document, for all debts, public and private, except duties on imports and interest on the public debt, and is exchangeable for U.S. bond.

Six percent (6%) interest on twenty year bond, redeemable at the pleasure of the United States after 5 years." We could get richer by selling these bonds ourselves. We're at war. By the time the folks figure on cashing in on the bonds, we will have reinvested their cold cash into a more profitable institution called a bank and this is a far better way of cash transactions. We could buy and sell cheap indian land...that could bring us another large sum of money using that cash from selling bonds.

Buck think about it...I'll be back at the end of the month. I should have Ms Maddie recaptured by then. Ms Madison will either become my lil wife or she will hang right beside her daddy.

The two law men handshook as McIntire watches the last of the gold sacks removed from the war wagon. Buck looks at the sheriff...brillant ...Sheriff, hows this sound... McIntire and Daniels Commerce Bank of the West.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Mcinti11

Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:40 am

TW corraled the horses by the campfire, laid out his and her sleeping mats, built a campfire and cooked some beans and coffee. Maddie quietly slept on the sleeping mat. She was tranquil and TW watched her and she wrapped her arms around herself to get warm. TW pulled the wool indian blanket off his horse and covered her from head to toe, tucking in the bllanket so that no critters (like a scorpian could come slip in under her blanket in the middle of the night).

He sat there drinking coffee when a wood grouse made a noise in the brush.TW smiled as he listened closely and reached forhis six shooter. The animal came closer and TW quietly pulled back the hammer...

"WILD BILL, you have got to be the noisest wood gruise I did ever hea n see , now com'n out before I put a bullet hole into ya...." announced TW.

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Conagh10

Gawd damn it TW ...I ain't still figurin' how'd you know it was me...after all thse years you still know mg y moves and call sign...

Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Madiso11Maddie woke to feeling a weight laying on her and realized that it was TW's blanket. She threw the offensive thing off of her as she rolled over to hearing voices, one of them TW's and the other she didn't recognize. She rubbed her eyes before standing quietly, seeing that both men were busy slapping each other on the back and greeting each other. Seeing her chance, she quietly headed over to the make-shift corral and grabbed her horse's bridle. Within seconds, she had the bridle buckled into place, had set TW's horse loose and was swinging up onto the horses back, kicking him into a run to head back to Shady Gulch and get her pa out of jail before McIntire had him hung. She wasn't sure what she was going to do, she only knew that she couldn't let her pa hang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek   Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3 SPURS N SIX GUNS Twisted Roads at Cripple Creek
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next