Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Ceolwulf_raegenharr

Ceolwulf turned to Lac'Nal, his eyes drawn to the Drowess who rode with him. "Three days." he answered in his deep accented voice, "Our home was the last to be attacked. They come with the mist at night, always in the fog. We will not see them again for many days now, but their scouts attack randomly through the night. We have yet to encounter any of these smaller troops." Cleowulf reported regretfully, his hands clenching his reigns tightly.

The Horsemaster Lord then turned his head northward and spoke again, "When news of you and your companions came that you were passing through the Riddermark, we sought you out. The Gorrinvul are like phantoms, they come in the night and vanish without a trace. They return to their barrows but we have yet to discover them, perhaps you and your companions might be able to locate them."

Cleowulf was direct. It was the nature of his people and the right of his position. He knew that if they could find the den of these creatures they might be able to destroy them, though he knew not how. He did know, however, they would surely fall should they stand against their entire force. As brave and as skillful were his men, they were but a handful in comparison to the hundreds they would face.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am

Lac looked at Ceolwulf 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Lac2410 "You have my sword Lord Ceolwulf and I am sure my companions and I shall do all within our power to find these foul creatures and destroy them."
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Newjin

When the fate of Brianna’s village was reported, Jin cast her glance at the human woman and saw her reaction. Subtle physical actions could be seen and in those actions, Jin knew the internal grief Brianna felt was nothing short of numbing. Seeing the group was no longer in danger and Augustine was offered a ride by one of the warriors, Jin moved up beside Brianna and reached over to lay her gloved hand on that of Brianna’s. When Brianna’s water filled eyes glanced at Jin, the Drowess nodded her head and spoke softly, keeping her voice hushed.

”Your time for grieving will soon be at hand. If you wish, I will join you for no person should go through it alone.”

With another curt nod, Jin sat back straight in her saddle then nudged her heels lightly into Wally’s side to move up closer to Lac’Nala. When Ceolwulf glanced in her direction, Jin let her now iridescent, blue eyes settle on his gaze directly. Sitting proudly with her back straight and her shoulders squared, Jin showed she was as proud of her own heritage as they were of theirs.

Listening to Ceolwulf describe the Gorrinvul, Jin took special interest in knowing they took refuge during the daylight hours. When the Rohirrim leade got done speaking, Jin spoke up.

”Perhaps, Lord Ceolwulf, it is because you are not thinking like a dark dweller. Sometimes, in order to seek out that which you are looking for, you must become that which you despise. You are fortunate for now that we are here, you will not have to do such a thing. Myself and the Deithir are more comfortable in the darkness than surface dwellers.”

Jin nodded her head towards Tiphereth.

”Perhaps, after we have eaten and rested while you give us more information on the Gurrinvul, Tiphereth and I can go on a…..Walking Dead hunt.”

There was something sinister about her words and she once more glanced back at Tiphereth with a devilish smile on her face.

”What do you think my Deithir friend?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Jalisa1

Jalisa recognized the laugh and while others may have been offended, she wasn’t. Perhaps she should have been but she knew they didn’t know what they were dealing with. Literally. So while they chuckled, she simply smiled. It was a smile that had many hidden secrets.

When Ceolwulf rode forward, she knew things were about to change and within a short time, they would be warm, safe and sound. For a while, anyway. As the group began moving forward, one of the horse warriors offered a hand up to Jalisa and she gladly accepted, thanking the warrior.

Settled behind the warrior, Jalisa let her gaze sweep over the land. While she couldn’t see as well as she could if she were in her true form, she could still see quite a bit. This….Dead who Walk were like a swarm of locust to Rohan devouring anything and everything in their path. These proud, noble and respectful warrior people didn’t deserve this plague to their lands.

She would speak to Loki when she delivered Lac’Nala to the wise, old dragon and get his insight on this land and these people. She was looking for a place to call home, other than Oran_D_Narr, and so far, this place was looking rather….inviting. Besides, it was apparent these people needed a little help now and then.

Question was, would they accept it from a large, black dragon?
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind

Not one warrior had offered to share a mount with the being, the Rohirrim called the Fair-One. Instead he had been given a spare horse without a saddle to ride. A fine gesture, the Phaerie considered until he realized that it was only done because none of them cared sit along side his kind. Truly, Tiphereth bore these people no ill will for their prejudice, it was probably well warranted considering how mischievous and malicious the lesser of his kind could be. The Deithir themselves were once such creatures and so how could he stand in judgment? He could only hope, that perhaps in time, these fine people might try and understand the differences that existed between the many faerie races by his example.

Making sure that he stayed close to Lac'Nala, the Deithir directed his mount by whispering words in strange melodic tongue, and so fluid was his motion on the bare backed steed that even the horsemasters took notice. He listened intently to the words of the large blonde warrior, Cleowulf and surmised as did the Drowess that these barrow wights had the wits of cunning subterranean dwellers. For them to move across Rohan and leave little trace of their passing meant that they may be using an underground network of tunnels to avoid detection.

His attention was then caught by, Jin as she compared her kind to his. It was strange, but he never actually considered himself a dweller of darkness, none of his kind did, and yet born of the Forest of Perpetual Night, never seeing a sunrise nor feeling its golden warmth on their skin the Deithir were indeed creatures of the night. At times, so black were the woods, that few save his kind with their highly sensitive eyes could see through it and so in many ways their two kinds were similar. That, and the fact that his kind were akin to Elves paralleled them all the more.

When Jin suggested that she and he seek out these creatures, Sorrelwind actually smiled. Not just a slight curl of the corners of his mouth, but an actual warm smile stretched his fine, pale porcelain mask of a face. It was an uncontrolled reaction and the Deithir was actually embarrassed by it. He bowed his head quickly in agreement to Jin's suggestion then navigated his mount nearer to the druid. For some reason, Tiphereth felt more at ease around, Augustine. Maybe it was his serene nature or perhaps his discipline but when the Phaerie was around him it was as if he were shaded by a great oak.

It was twilight when Lord Ceolwulf lead his men and the seven companions along a narrow ravine. It spiraled round a hill as they followed it, an old bridge came into view, traversing the dry gorge. On the other side of it was an ancient keep set into the mountain side, its walls weathered by the elements but still capable of fending of an attack.

"This is Arostburn." Said Ceolwulf, "An old sentry post used rarely in these peaceful days, but it is now once again time to light the fires and brighten its halls."

Four soldiers dismounted and began the complex task of gathering hidden parts and rebuilding a winch that would allow them to raise the portcullis beyond which was an open gate. Evidently, they designed the gateway to keep out intruders while they were away, but once inside could also close the heavy doors for added security. A half hour elapsed and the portcullis was raised enough that the men could ride into the keep. All moved in, and the horses were taken to the stable that was yet well stocked with hay and while the men tended to their duties, Ceolwulf and Sighere surveyed the walls and towers.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Jin saw the smile on Tiphereth’s face that was all too soon gone and she couldn’t help but laugh softly. Of the Pharie kin had so much yet to learn. There was hope for him yet. As they approached the old sentry post, Jin looked around at their surroundings. It was unusual to build such a structure in the side of a mountain but not unheard of. Still, she wouldn’t be able to relax until she knew the structure was not compromised.

As they rode into the keep, Jin took note of the way the walls and towers were laid out. As the horses were led to the stables for some much needed rest, The Drowess dismounted Wally then patted his neck affectionately before whispering in his ear in her native language. Before he was led away, she produced a sugar cube from her pocket for the horse to munch on, hoping the equine animal remembered her kind gesture.

With twilight settling upon them, Jin knew they had best prepare for an attack, just to be on the safe side. Catching Tiphereth’s glance, she gestured for him to follow her. Once they were separated slightly from the others, she spoke softly to him for his ears alone.

”Keep your nose to the wind, my friend. We will smell them before we see them. If they should try to attack tonight.”

Knowing the Deithir would be ever vigilant, Jin left him to his senses and walked to the ladder that would allow her access to the walls. One of the Rohirrim warriors attempted to stop her from climbing it but she quickly put his fears to rest and leaned forward to speak in a hushed tone to the man. Of course, doing that Jin style wasn’t necessarily comforting.

”You know the rumors of my kind playing dirty are very true if you intend to engage me in a fight. So unless you are planning to bed me, which is why you decided to step before me here, I would suggest you move for I would find it rather rude to kill you and cause unnecessary trouble for both of our friends and companions.”

The warrior glanced around quickly to see if anyone heard the hushed conversation then stepped out of Jin’s way. He wasn’t afraid to engage her in any sort of fight but he didn’t want the others to think he had any other kind of interest in her either. Grinning like a Cheshire cat, Jin nimbly ascended the ladder to get a birds eye view of the keep and the land surrounding it.

It was during twilight Jin’s vision was hindered but the Drowess refused to let that interfere with anything. Reaching into her cloak she produced a pouch and opened it. Withdrawing a small handful of what appeared to be dried seeds, the Priestess whispered some words in her native language and within a few seconds, the dried seeds began to stir and glow softly. The next few seconds, the glowing seeds lifted from her hands and if anyone could get close enough to look at them, they would see they resembled tiny fireflies but…not exactly.

They had small, needle like fangs that protruded from their mouths that would inject the glow they produced into the person they bit. If the being bit by the glowing insect were to approach, Jin would be able to see the glow, and most likely Tiphereth as well. The victim of their bite would feel nothing but that of a pesky mosquito bite and no ill effects from the glow injected into them. With a gentle blow of air from her lips, Jin scattered the little creatures out into the darkening night. From a distance they blended in perfectly with the natural fireflies beginning to dot the night with their glow.

Her plan was simple, who ever was outside the keep that tried to get in now would come in contact with one of the many little glowing creatures she sent forth and if they should happen to get within the keep unnoticed, she would know right away.

Repeating the same motions a second time, only this time she turned towards the inner court of the keep. Sending the tiny, glowing creatures into the night air, she had them seek out any creature that was not in the group that had arrived with her. A small thing to do but she felt better knowing she would be doing something to help her companions.

And the Rohirrim warriors as well.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 pm

As Jalisa rode into the keep on the back of the horse with the Rohirrim warrior before her, she dismounted with his assistance then quickly stepped away from the horse as best as she could. Thankfully the animal didn’t make much of a fuss when she grew near the thing and was glad. She didn’t particularly want to explain why the animal was putting up such a fuss with her nearness. She could hide her true nature from almost every sort of creature you could think of, but horses always seemed to know. Like they could smell it on her.

As the equine beasts were led away, Jalisa breathed a sigh of relief. Glancing around, she saw that Lac was walking with Coelwulf and Sighere surveying the walls and towers, Tiphereth and Jin were having a conversation before Jin went her own way, Brianna seemed to be withdrawn (which Jalisa couldn’t blame the woman) Augustine was looking at his new surroundings and the Dwarf was grumbling something about the tending to his ram himself.

When Jin and Tiphereth separated and the Pharie started walking twards her, Jalisa felt that buzzing in the back of her head growing louder and when Tiphereth walked past her, the buzzing was almost deafening and she seemed to be frozen to the spot only to appear as though she were being moved, by an unseen force, to follow his movements. In fact, it was all she could do to make herself remain standing where she was.

Furrowing her brows and clenching her jaw to fight the urge and almost forceful push to move and follow the Pharie, Jalisa finally gained some control of her self and breathed again. What in the name of the Gods just happened? And why did it happen? She’d been in Tiphereth’s presence before and not done anything like this. And that buzzing….by all that is Holy it was deafening and annoying! And it all started when they stopped to speak to Strongwood, the ancient forest guardian. What had occurred to make this hum suddenly appear and what made it grow so loud when the Pharie walked by? And what sort of power came over her to render her nearly helpless and move where ever he moved?

Questions she obviously had no answers to….yet. But the dragoness was certainly going to try and find them. That much was certain.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Briann12Brianna followed, looking around her, but seeing very little, so all consuming was her grief and rage. She was also puzzled by Jin's compassion, but pushed it to the back of her mind for something to worry about later. Right now, all she cared about was finding a way to go with Jin and Tiphereth when the hunted for the foul beings who had destroyed her village, her parents and Ceowulf's village.

She saw Jin climb the ladder and followed, glaring at the two guardsmen who approached to stop her. So chilled was her glare that the two men stopped. She spoke to them in their native tongue.

"You would be wise not to stop me or even try. I am one of you even though I do not look like it. I will speak with the drow and you will stand down."

Before they could react, Brianna was up the ladder, although not as gracefully as Jin had climbed it. She stood off to the side as Jin worked her magick, not wanting to interfere. Once she was done, she approached the Drowess.

"Jin...I would have a word with you. One, I would ask that you allow me to accompany you and Tiphereth when you hunt. I deserve to hunt with you and exact my vengeance on these foul beings. Two...why are showing me compassion now...you who did not care for me earlier?"

Brianna waited for her to answer afraid that she would say no to her coming with her and Tiphereth. She would understand if this was so, as she did not have their incredible night vision, but she also thirsted for blood.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm

When Jin’s spell casting was complete, she glanced over at Brianna and kept an unreadable look upon her dark face as the human woman approached. As Brianna spoke with Jin the Drowess appeared to care little for what the woman was saying. In fact, now as the sky began to darken and Jin’s eyes took on a soft, red glow, it would appear to Brianna as though the dark elf were glaring at her. When Brianna was done, Jin merely looked at her for a long moment before she blinked and sighed heavily.

Turning, Jin looked out over the darkening land of Rohan then gestured with her hand in a wide sweep. She spoke softly to Brianna without looking at her.

”This land you call home…it is a beautiful place…for a surface area. To return home under the circumstances which you are returning home is something no creature should have to face alone. To lose ones family is like losing yourself. Who are you? Where do you belong now? Will you be welcomed back with such open arms as you were when your family was there to stand beside you? An emptiness grows within you that could easily swallow you whole, if you allow it. It takes strength and a strong will to not allow that to happen.”

Turning to face the human woman finally, her glowing red eyes seemed to take on an even softer look to them.

”I cannot explain my actions when we first met other than to explain it is the nature of my kind to distrust any who cross our path. Even those within our own family are not above suspicion if the situation is dire enough. You see, Brianna, we are taught, from birth, that our individual self and status matter more than the family and species as a whole. I have learned, since I have joined in this fight, that is not the way it should be. It is only through our strength as a whole do we find our true place in the world. Even if it is far away from the home we were raised.”

Jin glanced away, easily seeking out Lac and giving a small smile before she looked to the human woman again.

”An emotion I was not aware I was capable of has opened my eyes and heart. I do not apologize with words for I find them empty and let my actions speak for me. It is through them the truth is seen.”

Glancing out at the twinkling lights in the darkness beyond the keep, Jin let her gaze search the growing darkness for a moment before she turned back to look at Brianna.

”I know you thirst for blood. I can see it in your dark eyes. Much like mine were not all that long ago. But I must caution you in what you ask for. You would be at a severe disadvantage where Tiphereth and I will go. You lack the vision to see through the darkness and therefore will be more of a liability than an asset. While I cannot prohibit you to join us, I can only tell you it would be far better if you remained here, with your brother warriors, to fight the Gorrinvul for I have a feeling the Deithir and I will stir up a hornets nest that will flush them to the surface.”

Jin could see the disappointment in Brianna’s eyes and tried to offer a little satisfaction to the woman.

”I promise you, though, I will bring you back a souvenir you can proudly wear around your neck for all to see what became of the enemy that dared attack your beloved family.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:13 am

"Dun be touching me ram! Ye horsemasters neigh be knowin' a thing about carin' fer such a fine and noble beast." Echoed the Orthargen's voice from the great stone stable that itself was as grand as any hall fit for men. No doubt it pained the Rohirrim so to have a giant goat defile one it's fine and sacred stalls but the warriors had more chance of moving the mountain than the stubborn Dwarf. It made Tiphereth smile to see the fair haired horsemaster's gaze with fascination at the giant black ram that the surly Dwarf tended so lovingly. It was true that they had never seen a ram of such size and girth before and they surmised that the brutish beast could no doubt deliver a bone crushing hit in battle, but to them it hardly compared to the grace and beauty of a horse. Nonetheless, they treated their foreign guest with respect and welcomed the oversized billy-goat into their most sacred of places.

Tiphereth noted that the barracks were actually connected to the stable and were designed so that the horse and rider could enter the dwelling without dismounting. A fascinating people to be sure, the Phaerie considered. He admired their symbiotic relationship with the horses that his kind rarely required and it warmed his heart to observe the great care which they showed their beloved animals. Their companions.

Orthargren had told the Phaerie that he would personally make his rounds and inspect the keep personally after he tended to 'Ironhead'. "I'll be the judge o' the bones o' this here fortress." The Dwarf had said, graciously volunteering his expertise on the matter of construction. That being said, the Phaerie took his leave and true to his kind sought refuge in the highest place he could find.

Towers had been carved and constructed directly in the sheer rock face behind the keep, accessible by natural caverns that preceded their creation. Hand carved stairs lead up to these highly defensible monolithic structures whose many narrow windows offered an archer a full range of targets throughout the fortress. The tall structures also allowed a sentry to clear over the great hill beyond the bridge that obscured view of the fortress from the plains so that they could sound at least a fifteen minute warning before an attack.

High above these towers loomed an anvil shaped cliff pointing straight north. So symmetrical that one might at first sight think it constructed, but in fact it was a natural formation. There, high above all, the Phaerie had ascended like a leaf in the wind, settling on the flat surface worn smooth by the elements. It was there, that the bard found a most peculiar thing. At the tip of the cliff were grooves worn into the rock, unnatural troughs which were about two arm spans apart and roughly three strides long. A mystery to be sure, but the bard was not baffled, he had seen such marks before. They were the wearing for the wheels of a ballista, the constant rolling back and forth as the great bow released its massive harpoons. Intrigued, Sorrelwind made his way back to the back of the cliff where it met the sheer face of the mountain and true to his theory located what he was looking for. Dusting off what appeared to be a rectangular shaped rock he discovered it to be a piece of charred and blackened wood. The Phaerie envisioned a great battle. Once a weapon of war resided on the cliff, but then something had set it aflame and it seemed that never again was the weapon replaced. Sorrelwind looked over both sides of the cliff and searched the walls for any sign of hand holds or fittings for ladders that may have once existed, but he could find none. Any traces could of course worn away over time, but Sorrelwind had his doubts that any had ever existed. Pondering the mystery, the Phaerie walked back to the end of the cliff and sat with his legs hanging over the edge. As night fell a cool wind arrived tossing his long golden orange locks to the side as he leaned back on an arm, staring up at the clear dark blue sky.

Reaching into his jacket, Sorrelwind tucked his hand down his shirt and pulled out the dragon medallion he had found in Fangorn forest. He had strung it onto a leather string and placed it round his neck for safe keeping, and pulled it off and around his hair so that he might inspect once more. His eyes, now black in the darkness, stared inquisitively at the ornate amulet as he ran his fingers along its surface. The bard's ability to lore, could sometimes allow him to decipher language, but the runes remained as alien as the first time he laid eyes on them. One of the characters did bear a resemblance to an ancient language from his own lands and he would have thought it not possible if he had not have encountered a Daeyel in Lothlorien. It would make sense, he figured, that a Dragon shaped symbol would bear a Dragon rune upon it, but then that meant that the jewlery once belonged to their kind. He looked harder at the object and realized then that the artifact was not a pendant, but a giant earring.

"Dragon-magick." The Phaerie whispered, holding the object up against the night the sky allowing him to see the magical aura more clearly. The Dragons of his world were from a land far away to the east in a mountainous realm called Drazhkaan Altresh southwest of, Aeshaldaia, the mystical lands that were the birth place of all Phaerie-kind. Dragons, however, were all over and once controlled much of Ranslath the main continent of Arkauld. His own lands of Eyrdreath, had at one time been inhabited by Dragons, and even the city in which he had grown was long ago a great Dragon Citadel. They were a proud and majestic race, benevolent in their wisdom but could also be as vicious and ignorant as any man, hence the reason they had been driven from his homeland. In their own history their had been a great Dragon war that left their kind divided and strewn about the continent. Never again would they rise to power and there after faded into obscurity.

From his high perch, Tiphereth stared down and watched the Drowess speaking with Brianna on the wall. His far seeing eyes could make out every detail of them but he ears lacked the range to comprehend what they were discussing, however, he could feel their emotions, and the Dunedain woman was a sea of rage. He agreed that she had every right to be and thought she was indeed fortunate to have the counsel of Jin, after all she bore many years of experience and like Brianna, was a warrior.

Turning his eyes northward, the Phaerie scanned the plains for any signs of movement and saw only a herd of antelope skipping across a shallow valley. There was no sign of fog anywhere, and the Gorrinvul always rode with the mist, except their scouting parties, but he saw none of them, but the night was young. Soon it would be time for he and Jin to seek out a passage to the underworld and begin their trek once more deep into the earth to seek out the marauding undead that plagued the people of Rohan. Find and learn how to defeat them.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 am

Shape stood at Lac's side as Lac 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Lacint10 and Ceolwulf 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Vladim10 looked out from the ramparts across the Rohirian Plain 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 51516911.
"The outter defensives are impressive My Lord, how many warriors have you? It may be wise to bring as many of your people into the keep as you can." Lac said then looked to the mountain. "The mountain itself raises concerns in my mind. All the caverns that must honeycomb the mountain must be defended as well." Lac then looked out to the north, his eyes scanning the skies.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Monk

Augustine took the Horse master's offer to ride with him, the druid climbed onto the horse and was grateful for the rest. Soon the group was at an old keep, scraped into the face of the foothills, a veritable fortress in the mountainside.

Augustine was glad to see that these warriors had no fear of him, in fact they seemed pleased to have him. They were however giving Jin and Tiphereth a volley of second glances as they all entered the keep.

Inside Augustine climbed down from the horse as the young horse master led it away to the stables.

"My thanks for your hospitality." The druid said to the rider in the ornate helmet.

"It is good that there was no mist tonight or we have have left you to the creatures.' The young man said in serious tone.

"They have killed many of our people...even women and younglings." The man said shaking his head. He said no more as he took the horse away to the stables.

Augustine took in his surroundings, the large open halls of this place allowed the Rohirrim to move about on horseback almost anywhere in the keep, here these people and the animals were one. There were racks of beautiful polished weapons placed all about the halls of the keep, the people of Rohan were living in fear in their own kingdom.

Augustine wandered through the passages, the design of the keep was simple, to keep people in and enemies out. As he walked along, the druid saw Brianna and Jin scaling up the ladders on the lookout side of the keep. Augustine climbed the ladder as well and joined the women.

As the druid made the top of the ladder, he heard Brianna demanding to go on the 'hunt', the warrior woman was determined to pay back miseries on the enemy of her people.

Augustine nodded to the women as he approached, he too wanted to see the beasts for himself.

"Lending a hand to these fine people is the only path that can be considered, I too will help in any way i can. I will join the hunt when we go, together we are only stronger. I personally can think of no one better to lead the way underground than this fine woman."

Augustine motioned to Jin, Brianna did not know her like Augustine did, by the gods there was nobody better to have at your side underground, and in the dark places.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Briann12Brianna listened to Jin's words, her face showing little expression except grief and rage. When Augustine approached, she listened as well. Pondering Jin's words, Brianna had no choice but to agree with Jin.

"You are right, Jin. I would be more of a hindrance to you and Tiphereth in the dark. As badly as I want to join the two of you, I have to admit that your words are full of wisdom I had not considered in my grief. I will stay here and help protect this fortress and it's people."

She gave Jin a small smile, "Thank you for your compassion, Jin and sharing a little about yourself with me."

Brianna turned then, nodded to Augustine and climbed down the ladder to head for the stables. Even though she was not a true Rohirrim and could not do as they could with the horses, she still loved to be near them. As she entered the stables, she saw Ironhead, the dwarf's mighty ram. He seemed out of place admist the stables of steeds, but no less magestic. She approached one horse in particular that drew her to him. A great, black stallion. He had a majestic, triangular head, his ears straight and upright. His dark eyes showed intelligence and his form was magnificent. There were beautiful feathers on his forelegs and rear legs, his black coat shining like onyx. She approached him, her eyes never leaving his.

"Hello, beautiful. You are a majestic one, aren't you."

The horse nodded his head as if he understood her before thrusting his nose towards her above the stable half door. Brianna's heart lightened just a little and she smiled as she slowly raised her hand to stroke the velvet muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Sighere_sabertson

"His name is Raelayeg."

The voice came from behind, Brianna and when she turned to seek out the speaker was met by the Lord's lieutenant. His helmet removed, his tangled golden locks framed a kindly florid face with sparkling blue eyes.

"He is our Lord's steed." Sighere further explained as he walked past the woman and emptied a bucket of oats in the horses trough. He then rubbed the tall stallion's jaw and as if speaking to the beast reminisced of battles old, "Raelayeg and Ceolwulf have been together for many years. They have seen much battle together."

The warrior placed the bucket down and nodded to the woman and only then did he realize that he had her at a disadvantage. "Oh, I do apologize, lady. In these dark times, I have forgot my manners. I am Sighere Sabertson, second to the Lord of Ironglade." he said with absent pride for their home was no more.

Despite his rank, Sighere worked along side his men and yet had many chores to perform and tasks to complete. He, however, paused long enough to listen to the Rohirrim woman's reply before resuming his work in the stable.

The tall, stern warrior looked out upon his beloved homeland with anger in his frosty eyes. "We are twenty-six." he answered Lac'Nal, "We were dispatching of a Dunlending raiding party when our home was attacked. Had we been..." Ceolwulf paused and grit his teeth. He knew that had they been there to defend their town they would have most like only been killed as well. He re-thought his words and continued, "We who did not die with our families, now live only to destroy their murderers or die trying."

Looking behind them, Ceolwulf pointed to barred door at the back of the keep. "That passage leads into the mountain and touches upon a great labyrinth some call the 'Under-Dark'."

The 'Drow' term left a bad taste in, the Rohirrim Lord's mouth. Turning back to look upon the darkening hill lands that stretched out before them he spoke of what had been bothering him since their first encounter. "The Drow and the Fair-Ones have been unkind to my people. We do not trust them. Know, that is only out of respect for you, Lord Lac'Nal, that we have not driven them out. I trust, that I need not require your assurance of their loyalty. By my word, and my word alone my men stay their blades. I would not want one to fall by my misplaced trust."

Sorrelwind observed as the druid made his way onto the rampart and spoke briefly with Jin and Brianna. The dark haired woman then left and headed for the stables where from the Dwarf had just exited and was wandering about, inspecting the walls of the fortress like a masonry master. Whether he was or not, the Phaerie did not know, but as Dwarves had a propensity for such things it would not surprise him.

Tiphereth turned his face into the wind. It was growing colder and he delighted in the cool sensation. It was so peaceful upon the cliff and the distance separated him from the pain that the Rohirrim warriors had suffered. How tragic to have one's family torn from you in such a violent manner. The Phaerie would give these creatures no quarter when he faced them. He could only the imagine that were he in their situation, what he would do, and admired the strength of the Rohirrim. Their discipline and restraint in the loss of their families was impressive. These seasoned warriors had learned not to waste their energy on the 'unseen' enemy of the past, and what a frightening sight they would be when the object of their hatred stood before them in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Jin smiled as she looked at Augustine after his compliment. Not wishing to miss an opportunity to jest with the Druid, she tilted her head slightly.

”I’m good at many other things in the dark as well, Augustine. Not just sneaking through tunnels and such. If you ever get the inclination to find out what, just let me know.”

Winking devilishly, Jin laughed softly when she saw the slight pink color that filled the Druids cheeks. Her laughter faded quickly when Brianna spoke once more. Her smile was replaced with another unreadable look and she nodded. As Briana descended the ladder, she called out to the dark haired woman.

”If you wish to know more, all you have to do is ask. I shall not be vague.”

When Brianna was out of ear shot, Jin’s brows furrowed as she spoke to Augustine without taking her eyes from the woman until she disappeared into the stable.

”She will try to sneak behind us when we go hunting. Any aid you can give in thwarting her ability to follow would be appreciated. Of course I’d prefer chaining her to a table until we returned but I have a feeling she’d find a way to drag that table with her.”

Jin let her gaze hold Augustine’s again.

”When Tiphereth and I go hunting, you know it would be a good time for Verin to show his face again. I would strongly suggest you stay here, among the Rohirrim warriors but I know I would have better luck making the rain stop.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Jalisa walked around the compound getting a feel of the place. The place was well thought out and she admired the Rohirrim people for their forethought. If nothing else, they were great strategizers.

As much as she tried to ignore the humming in her head, it simply wouldn’t go away. In fact, it seemed to be more insistent than ever. The more she tried to ignore it, the more it seemed to make itself known.

What the hell was going on here?

That’s when she saw it. Something glimmered in the darkness that caught her eye and when she looked closer, she felt a pit open up in the center of her stomach. The fact it was in the grip of the Deithir made it even more difficult. If anyone of the other of the group had a hold of it, it would be easy for her to just lift it from them. But the Deithir was something that was as ancient as she was and it was next to impossible to get it away from him without coming out and just asking for it.

Like that was going to happen.

When had she dropped it? Was this some sort of cruel joke? What was she going to do now? And worst of all, did the Deithir know he had a control over her none other could have? And she was helpless to do anything about it?

For the first time in a long time she felt helpless. Not a good feeling to have. Pone thing was for certain, she would try to remain as close to the Pharie Kin as much as she could. Starting right now.

Glancing around to make sure no one could see her, Jalisa made her way to a darkened place none could see her and seemed to disappear as she took a step. In the next instant, she emerged from a darkened alcove near Tiphereth. The humming in her head and that feeling of control was once more quite strong and she could have kicked herself. Why didn’t she realize what it was sooner?

Taking a deep breath, she stepped out from the shadows and smiled warmly at the Deithir.

”Goodness….what a hike to get up here. My goodness….what on earth can you see up here in the dark?”

When Jalisa approached she saw the Deithir turn to look at her and his eyes drew her attention. She heard the eyes of his kind changed but she’d never been privy to see them for herself. As she looked out over the darkened land, she could see things rather well, but not as well as she had if she were in her true form. Still, she didn’t want to give her secret away by revealing her true vision.

”It grows cool up here. Aren’t you afraid of getting a chill?”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm

The Deither sat calmly looking out into the night, his face betraying no emotions. It was the way of his kind, as so silent were their movements that hearing alone could not detect them and thus they had developed other senses to warn them of approaching enemies. One of them, was a heightened empathy and so its very use relied upon emotional control and one's own stealth not only depended upon deftness of step, but also ridding themselves of all tell-tale feelings. He had immediately detected, Jalisa and though he did not react was startled within by her sudden appearance from no where. He had studied the sheer wall and saw no hand holds, nor were there any caverns that accessed the high cliff. She was much more than met the eye. Much, much, more.

Sitting but one step from a one hundred foot fall, Sorrelwind was perfectly at ease, even with his back turned to a potential enemy. From their first meeting he had know that, Jalisa was different, for like the Drow people, he had difficulty detecting them by reaching out with his senses in every capacity. As she approached, feigning a fear of heights, the Phaerie was puzzled by her naivety but then considered it could be something else that made her risk exposing herself. Desperation perhaps?

"I see everything." Tiphereth replied as-a-matter-of-factly and when she spoke of him 'getting a chill', he looked up at the woman standing over him with his black eyes and pondered the meaning of her words before responding, "Ah, cold." he said nodding his head slightly, "The sensation of the elements is much different for Phaerie kind, but I thank you for your consideration."

Without much thought, Tiphereth placed the Dragon Amulet back round in his neck and tucked it back beneath his shirt and jacket. He picked up his sword staff, the metal blade sheathed by a hardened wooden scabbard and stood up, the toes of his soft soled boots gripping the edge of the cliff. A strong wind blew as he turned around and looked down upon the blue eyed woman or whatever she was. He was fairly sure now that was indeed someone or something in disguise but what, he had no idea.

"Do you see these?" He asked her, pointing to the worn grooves in the smooth surface of the cliff with his spear-like weapon, then he continued with narrowing eyes, "I am sure you know what they are. Long ago it seems this was the launching point of a ballista. An advantageous position, but unnecessary. The effort alone to transport the great bolts was not worth the trouble unless," the Phaerie held up a finger pointing to the sky, "those that created this fortress long ago had need to defend themselves against something that attacked from the sky. Have you any idea what that may be?"

Whether or not, Tiphereth realized her secret, Jalisa could not wholly be sure and did not help that his tone could be misconstrued for being rhetorical. In fact, he was yet ignorant of her identity and it was only coincidence that the Phaerie suspected that the cliff they stood upon may have once supported a Dragon killing machine. He had become even more convinced of his theory when he spotted four parallel marks in the face of the mountain and the back of the cliff. Four marks which looked a lot like the weathered remnants of a Dragon's claws.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Jalisa saw the pendent in the Deithir’s grasp and it was all she could do to keep from lunging for it. Fortunately for Tiphereth the fact he held it prevented her form following through with her urges. Still, she tried to show little interest in the shiny bauble but her gaze lingered on where the leather tether around his neck.

Jalisa knew the Deithir were quite attune to their surroundings and had the uncanny ability to see things others couldn’t. His words left her suspicious. Did he know who and what she was? If so, it made the fact he held onto the pendent all the more dangerous for her. If he knew the power he held in his hands then it was only a matter of time before he had her do something she really didn’t wish to do.

Jalisa grew even more suspicious of the Pharie when he pointed out the worn marks of the ballista. Glancing down at the marks in the cliff, her vision was able to see exactly what he was pointing out. The marks resembled that of dragon talons that had clutched the cliff side for support or grip in an effort to get at something. Or, as the Pharie pointed out, after a large bolt had pierced the scales and the beast plummeting to the ground and in a last ditch effort to save itself, tried to claw it’s way up the cliff side.

When Jalisa looked back at the Deithir, she couldn’t be sure if he was still trying to discover what she was….or had already discovered and was playing games with her. She decided to go with the former of the two. Shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, Jalisa raised her brows for a moment then looked around once more before looking back at Tiphereth.

”Perhaps it was for something entirely different than an air born enemy. At this advantage, it would be very easy to fire upon your advancing enemy on the ground with a curtain of arrows and spears if they were all fired from one, large mechanism.”

She smiled teasingly now.

”The way you talk you make it sound like there may be dragons or something flying around. Everyone knows they have been gone for….well….years.”
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Monk

Augustine's cheeks were flush with blood as Jin teased, having been raised within the walls of the Monastery the druid had never 'known' a woman. Augustine smiled as he blushed, he took a long look at Ssinjin, how much she was changed! The Drowess was very unique and beautiful in her own way before her 'transformation', but now it was different, she seemed much more youthful, much more desirable.

How strange it was that the two travelers, from completely different worlds would both share a sort of transformation, a transformation of their physical forms and perhaps both of their magic abilities. Augustine had been saved and healed by a ancient water elemental, since this time the druid was free of his terrible burn scars, he seemed younger and more confident and perhaps most important of all, his magic was stronger than ever.

Jin too had fallen into darkness and was brought back and changed by mysterious forces, she too looked more youthful and softer, more feminine, or so the druid thought. She seemed stronger and her magic seemed to pour out of her with great ease.

The Drow woman had saved his life a time or two and he felt strangely close to her, this was difficult for Augustine to process being that she was the full blood sister of the Drow that sought to murder him again and again. Despite all this the druid counted her as a true companion and a trusted friend.

And as the Druid studied her dark form on the walls of the rampart, he was learning all about a new emotion that he had not encountered until now, lust.

Augustine forced his eyes away from Jin and folded his hands back into his dark maroon robes.

"Perhaps your wisdom is sound in my staying close to Brianna, she cannot do battle with the Gorrinvul properly until she has steadied her broken heart. I will go to her and see what help I can be."

The druid smiled again to Jin and climbed back down to the ground level of the keep. Down below near the stables Augustine found Brianna speaking with Sighere. Augustine faced the blond man and introduced himself.

"My lord I am Augustine, the last of the druids from the Monastery at Columba. I am pleased to meet you and would like to aid your people in any way I can. How does your stock of foodstuffs fare sir? I can help if you have need of fresh vegetables or other crops."

Augustine smiled at Brianna after making his introduction, he could sense the grief and pain in the woman.

"Brianna, I was contemplating finding a good quiet place to finish my meditations, would you walk with me for a while?"
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 am

Tiphereth nodded in agreement. "Indeed, at this height the ballista would be untouchable and those markings may very well appear so only by chance." he conceded as curiously peaked over the edge of the cliff and in doing so did some rather out of the ordinary. The Phaerie stepped right out into the air and fell, but he did not fall far, in stopped horizontally his feet still upon the edge of the rock his body suspended by some unseen force. He seemed to be looking for something and after a few minutes righted himself, his body quickly rising back to its vertical state as if a titan turned the world.

The Deithir Phaerie turned and looked at the woman inquisitively and his lips slightly parted as if an epiphany danced upon the tip of his tongue, but he did not share it. At that moment if, Jalisa was yet uncertain that the Phaerie was playing games with her, she could be sure of it now.

During Tiphereth's time at the Autumn Temple he was taught their philosophy and embraced it his truth; his religion. He learned that all movements within the cosmos were significant and that the word 'chance' was a mask. A mask that blinded those too obsessed with their own personal sphere to see the links in the chain that connected everything. His finding the Dragon Amulet in Fangorn forest, traveling to a Rohirrim keep that repelled Dragons long ago, and a mysterious woman who was not what she appeared to be suddenly finding her way to an inaccessible cliff were all connected. The link was obvious and what the bard had neglected to mention as well was the fact that he had 'lored' this ancient place and knew that once evil Dragons dwelled in the White Mountains and plagued the ancestors of the Rohirrim. Just as, Sorrelwind was no ordinary bard, Jalisa was no ordinary woman, if she were a woman at all.

There was again! So subtle, but he could feel it. His black eyes probed deep into hers. She did not turn away. Pride, perhaps? Obstinacy? The Deithir thought not, the emotion was far more primal, it was simply that which all creatures tried to hide, and she did it exceptionally well, but he saw it. Fear. She was afraid of something. Of him? No of — something caught his eye.

"By Tyan's tresses!", the foreigner cursed as he threw his eyes to the north. There within a meadow marked by the three great oaks they appeared. One moment there was nothing, the next a mounted force of approximately fifty or so soldiers rose out of the night in a south easterly direction. He could see their grey desiccated flesh clinging to their bones and sinewy muscle beneath their dilapidated clothing and armour. Milky white eyes of the dead peered into the blackness with eerie perception and their vile undead horses were not but shambling corpses, so horrid that the Phaerie could almost smell their rot.

"The Gorrinvul." Sorrelwind answered, Jalisa's questioning eyes, "They search the night and 'tis only a matter of time before the catch our scent. I must give warning. I trust you can find your way down as easily as you found your way up.", he said with the slightest twist to the corner of his mouth. The Phaerie's version of a wry smile. Then he leapt from the cliff and plummeted toward the wall below.

Ceolwulf had only just finished his sentence while conversing with Lac'Nala, when the fiery haired Phaerie landed lightly upon the crenelations before them. If either of the lords were surprised it did not show and Sorrelwind recounted his vision as he turned and looked toward the bridge and the great hill beyond that obscured all sight of the approaching raiding party.

"They are near." Alerted Sorrelwind.

"How many?" Asked Ceolwulf.

"Fifty. Maybe more."

Lord Raegenharr's spirit lifted. Such were odds he was confident his men could handle. "How long?"

Crouching upon the wall like a cat, the Phaerie stretched his senses beyond the hill and found the creatures were yet searching, as if following a distant memory that required refreshment. "They seek out the keep, but have yet to find the stone bridge. Perhaps an hour my lord." informed the Deithir with confidence.

Ceolwulf nodded his thanks to the Fair-One then glanced over at Lac'Nala. "We can meet them at the bridge or fight them from the walls. I leave that decision for you." he requested, then raised his arm high to one of his sentries in the nearest watch tower. An bell rang, followed by another, and another. The tall blonde haired man then turned to the Deithir. "Come with me Fair-One." he commanded and walked briskly down the rampart. Quickly descending a ladder he crossed the courtyard and headed toward the eastern wall upon which the Drowess still stood.

Tiphereth followed behind the giant man, wondering why this Rohirrim lord should wish an audience with him, and it appeared, Jin as well.

Ceolwulf climbed up the ladder and marched toward the Drowess with purpose in his strides. "Dark Elf. I would have a word with you." he hailed in his deep, commanding voice, then stood, staring down at her with no fear whatsoever.

"You are not welcome here." he told her flatly, then he paused for a moment, his eyes following the Phaerie as he made his way round the big man to stand at Jin's side, "You are not welcome here either." he barked.

Tiphereth could not help but to be offended by this man's comments after he had just proven his merit, but then the lord had something else to say, and so he reached out gently and placed a hand on the shoulder of the Drowess to steady and prevent her from retorting.

Cleowulf's eyes fell to the ground for the moment and he sighed heavily before returning looking the outlanders both in the eyes once more. "You must leave," he continued, "because your presence effects the moral of my men. I cannot in one night change what they have believed all of their lives, but know that I trust you. Trust both you so much that I am requesting a favor that a pray you will perform, for the survival of all of Rohan may depend upon it."

Once more the lord paused and clenched his jaw. It was difficult for him to relinquish what was supposed to be his task, and his alone. "I humbly request that you descend into the labyrinth of the underworld. Seek out, the prophet, Kallus. The ancient Drowess alone knows the way to the hidden underground dwelling of the Gorrinvul, but know that the way to her is wrought with danger. This I learned in a dream when my ancient ancestor for whom I am so named offered me guidance. He said it was my destiny, but I do not believe that he had two such as you at his disposal when he rid, Rohan of this terrible plague. I believe you are both here for a reason, now should you choose to fulfill my request, there is your way."

Cleowulf raised his arm and pointed to the barred gateway at the back of the keep. "The gate will be locked once you enter, so know that you must find another way to exit the Under-Dark."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:11 am

Lac 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Questi10 nodded to Ceolwulf 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 13thwa10 , and followed him down the ladder. After he had spoken to Ssinjin and Tiphereth, Lac placed his hand on both their shoulders."May the Gods go with and protect you, m,ay they bring you safely back, my trusted friends." Lac then leaned close to Ssinjin's ear and spoke so that only she could hear him. "Come back to me, gaurd against Verin, he will not be far from these vermin. Remember my home and people await you." Lac then lightly kissed her ear and whispered "My heart will be with you."

Lac then smiled at them bouth and turned to Ceolwulf with a determined look. "Reinforce the gate, send your archers to the wall." Lac thought a moment then smiled as an idea blosomed in his mind. "Have your archers and swordsmen polish thier shields to a high sheen. Light fires along the wall and here in the courtyard. ..... These undead must remain in the shadows, they shun the light, it is harmful to them. ........." Lac stopped short of speaking further. Something kept gnawing at the edges of his consciensness.....what it was was just out of his reach, but a question was forming in his mind.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 am

The Deithir was a strange being indeed. When he appeared to suspend himself from the unseen force from the cliff side, Jalisa tilted her head slightly to the left and furrowed her brows. She had just taken a few steps to get a closer look when he suddenly stood back before her as though the earth had moved to right him. The look in his eyes caused her breath to catch in her throat and she held it there. There was something about the look in his dark eyes and the expression on his face that told her he had a sudden revelation. By the Gods….please don’t let him figure out what her secret was!

He was about to say something and the fear of his possible knowledge of her true nature nearly consuming her, Jalisa swallowed visibly and waited for the words he was about to speak and make her a slave to him for as long as he held the earring pendent that belonged to her. But if that were the case, the moment was quickly replaced by something else.

About the time Tiphereth saw the Gorrinvul party approaching, the dragoness caught a whiff of the decaying flesh of both man and beast. Whirling around to see the party emerge from the darkness and ride in search of the living. Her brows furrowed once more and Jalisa cursed under her breath for two reasons. If Tiphereth knew what she was, she’d not find out any time soon now. The decaying flesh she was smelling was reminding her it had been a while she had fed properly. She would have to somehow sneak away soon and find a meal without the others knowing she was even gone.

When the Pharie mentioned he was certain she could find her way down from their perch, Jalisa wanted to smack the back of his head and make him confess to her he was quite certain of what she really was. Still unsure if that were the case of not, she decided to do the only possible thing she could and that was nod. As she saw the Deithir leap from the cliff side, she cursed under her breath and glared at the Gorrinvul.

”Of all the times for YOU idiots to appear…..if I thought I could get away with it, I’d eradicate you for good right now.”

Turning on her heel, she walked back towards the rear of the cliff and with the wave of her hand in an irritated gesture, she disappeared form the cliff side and a few seconds later appeared in the dark shadows back in the inner bailey of the keep to see what, if anything, she cold assist with.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:33 am

Jin saw the way the Druid looked at her and could almost read his thoughts. Men, no matter what race they were, were all the same in some basic areas and admiring a female form and thinking lustful thoughts while doing so was one of them. Still, she nodded to Augustine when he let her know he would remain close to Brianna. As she watched the Druid’s retreating back, she called out softly to him once more with a teasing tone.

”Let me know if you should ever require a demonstration of my other abilities, my friend.”

Catching the glance Augustine gave her, Jin laughed softly again. The Druid had lived the monk life too long. He really needed to find out what it was like to know one of the most primal of all physical contact.

As Augustine disappeared into the stables, Jin caught sight of Tiphereth landing next to Lac and Ceolwulf then gesture beyond the keep. After a few more words were exchanges, she saw the Rohirrim Lord raise his hand and a series of bell ringing alarms alerted the others to what she quickly deducted. The Gorrinvul have emerged.

She was getting ready move to another location when she saw Ceolwul, followed by Tiphereth and Lac’Nala, coming her way. When Ceolwulf reached the wall she was standing on and spoke to her in his authoritative tone, she knew what ever he was about to say was not going to be good news for her.

Jin expected him to say anything but that she was not welcomed here as well as Tiphereth. Immediately Jin’s pride and feelings were hurt, but it was nothing she wasn’t used to. Still, the sting of his words were getting ready to be met with some of her own when he raised his hand and let it rest on her shoulder to quiet her strong retort. Biting her tongue, but glaring at the Horse Warrior Lord, Jin let him have his say as it seemed it was very important that he did.

As Ceolwulf explained why they needed to leave, Jin glanced around at the warriors as they prepared for battle and saw the wary glances she and Tiphereth were receiving even as the men worked like a well oiled machine. Her race had always been one of suspicion and rightfully so. Jin could not sway the mindset of people who had been crossed and killed by her kind. It would take time to try and change their thinking as it took time for their suspicions to develop.

As Ceolwulf relayed his vision to them, Jin blinked when she heard the name Kallus. She thought the ancient Drowess was nothing but a myth, a legend to be revered. To find out she may actually be real was something Jin never really expected. As Ceowulf showed them the way to the UnderDark, Jin’s eyes glanced at the barred gate then back to the Rohirrim leader. Not expecting anything less than the gate to be locked behind them, she merely sneered.

Jin didn’t like the idea of leaving the group when a battle was getting ready to take place but knowing the Rohirrim people were fine warriors, and not favorable of her and Tiphereth being here, the Drowess reluctantly agreed to Ceolwulf’s plea.

”Very well…..I will do as you request, Lord Ceolwulf.”

When Lac rested his hand on her shoulder, Jin turned to let her soft, glowing eyes rest on his gaze. As he leaned closer, Jin moved closer as well. The feel of his warm breath passing softly over her sensitive ear caused the Drowess to close her eyes and shiver slightly. When his lips touched her ear and he let her know his heart, Jin whispered in kind and let her lips gently touch his cheek before he pulled away.

”And mine with you, ‘chev (beloved).”

Opening her eyes, she let her gaze linger a little longer then nodded to Ceolwulf and looked to Tiphereth and smiled.

”Shall we, my Deithir friend?”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:21 am

The Deithir stood as stone while lord Ceolwulf spoke and remained so while the Drowess and ranger exchanged a chaste embrace and bid their good bye. Only when she spoke to him, did the statue re-animate and consciousness seem to return to his glassy black eyes.

Sorrelwind responded with a blink and followed, only pausing briefly to look over his shoulder and bow his head to the ranger. There was nothing to be said. It went without saying that the Deithir would not let anything happen to Lac'Nal's beloved. If it were in his power, he would protect her, but where they were going they would equally need to rely upon one another to survive.

They passed by the stables on their way to the dark gateway and the Deither spied the tell-tale robe of the druid flash by.

"Augustine!" he called out, and ran to meet him, "Jin and I once more descend into the darkness." told him then he gestured slightly to the small silver lantern of 'faerie-fire' that he had given him that hung beneath his robes.

The Deither said nothing else. The choice was his and he would not pressure the druid to journey deep into the world once again. It was not for him to decide the fate of others, especially when it might lead to their demise. Looking to Jin, he stepped back and waited. The, Gorrinvul had yet to discover the fortress and they had much time before the attack to prepare for their descent.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Jin stopped with Tiphereth when he caught sight of Augustine. When Tiphereth was done speaking with the Druid, Jin stepped up then and looked to both Augustine and Brianna both.

”We journey to find a way to destroy this plague. Stay with the Horse Warriors. They are good men who know how to fight readily. Use every ounce of knowledge you possess to aid them and know we shall return as soon as we are able.”

Giving Brianna another quick glance, Jin then stepped up to Augustine and embraced the Druid for a small moment and whispered in his ear.

”Take care, by trusted friend. Be sure to remain vigilant for Verin. This is no coincidence these things have emerged this night.”

Stepping back, she clasped forearms with Brianna, giving the human woman a small embrace as well.

”Malar l'bwael malar (fight the good fight)”

Seeing the puzzled look on the woman’s face, Jin nodded to Augustine knowing he would, somehow, know what she just told Brianna. With one last glance towards Lac’Nala, Jin looked to Tiphereth and nodded.

”Come my fair skinned brother. Let us see what mischief we can find within the world we are so comfortable in.”

Jin and Tiphereth headed for the locked gate and were just about to open it when the warrior Jin confronted earlier stepped up and unlocked the gate and opened it for them. His blue eyes seemed to bore into her now glowing red ones. With a nod of thanks, she stepped through the gateway and took a few steps into the darkness. As soon as Tiphereth cleared the gateway, the warrior closed the door behind them and locked them within the dark, dank world of tunnels.

The sound of the door closing and locking behind them sounded so final and echoed throughout the area that it took Jin a few seconds to regain her sharp hearing. Turning her white head to look back at Tiphereth, she gave the Deithir a smile and nodded towards the awaiting tunnels. She couldn’t help but find the situation amusing. Tiphereth’s height made it difficult for him to stand up straight right now without hitting his head on the tunnel ceiling.

”I will guide us from here on.”

As Jin and Tiphereth traveled into the tunnels, it was obvious they were headed down, at a rather steep incline at that. The blissful of the silence of the underworld greeted Jin like a lover with open arms and she almost forgot how quiet and peaceful it was beneath the surface. When they finally reached a part where the tunnels opened up more and allowed for Tiphereth to stand upright. Several tunnels branched off from the one they were in and Jin needed to know which tunnel to take.

Closing her eyes, the Drowess began to whisper words in her native language. Withina few seconds, the tunnels began to glow faintly where foot steps had fallen in the past. Of the five tunnels that branched out before them, three had so many footsteps to them there was no doubt they were the three main tunnels the Gorrinvul used for moving below ground. One tunnel had a few footprints in them and Jin wondered why only a few but one tunnel, the one immediately to their right, had only one set of footprints in it. Not only that, but there was another strange glow coming from the entire circumference of the tunnel. A sign a spell had been cast and was still quite active. Grinning, she looked back to Tiphereth.

”Care to wager this is the tunnel that belongs to Kallus?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next