Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:58 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Briann12Brianna finished in the bath house and now that she was refreshed, she headed back out to the ramparts. Seeing all of the work that was going on she immediately headed for the dwarf, having a feeling that he was in charge of the changes going on around them and the way he was bellowing. Seeing Augustine speaking with Sighere, she changed direction and headed for the monk.

"Augustine, what is your plan with your magicks and how can I help?"

Looking over at Sighere, she aknowledged him with a smile and a nod.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:48 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Sighere_sabertson

Sighere laughed, grabbed hold of the druids shoulder's and exuberantly gave him a shake.

"We will journey together then my friend!" shouted the Rohirrim lieutenant with glint of madness in his piercing blue eyes and holding a staying finger before the druid hastily ran round a corner and quickly returned carrying a staff.

"Can you use this my friend?" Asked Sighere, casually holding the wand out for the druid to take.

Any who did not know better would think it a mere staff but the druid could sense it's power right away. Augustine knew right away that it had been taken from the bough of an ancient White Oak and oddly there were none that grew in Rohan, but Sighere quickly solved the mystery for the pondering druid.

"Long ago a wanderer came by the fortress when I was but I boy." Explained Sighere, "My father was a soldier as well as skilled mason, and once a year he journeyed here to repair the damage of time. It was the first time I ever visited the keep of our ancestors and while I was nosing about came across a stranger who had sought refuge near the wall the night before our arrival. My father offered him sanctuary while he and his men did their repairs but he stayed for only one night. He wore a robe much like yours and before he left offered this to my father in payment for his stay. If it were not for these strange markings carved so lovingly into the wood and the sincerity of the man he'd of used it for fire wood. Instead he left it here as a reminder of the stranger and I had forgotten about it until now."

If any had ever tried to burn the staff they would have discovered that flames would not touch it, nor even heat the ancient wood. It was, indeed a wand, and the wanderer was no ordinary man, but the Rohirrim warriors had never considered his significance, thinking him to be a wandering vagabond. Sighere merely felt that because of the similarities between the stranger he had never forgotten as boy and the man who stood before him now that perhaps he would find use in it.

"Do you know these symbols?" Asked Sighere as Augustine inspected the wand.

At that moment Rodreven of Rohan appeared on the rampart and addressed Augustine and nodded to the lieutenant. Sighere nodded back then returned his attention back to the druid, curious if in fact the wanderer he remembered from so many years ago indeed was more than met the eye. The heavy oaken staff was strong, he had been able to chip stone away from the wall with it as a boy, but his father and the other warriors had cared little about the piece of wood. Sword and spear were the weapons of the Rohirrim, not a roughly carved stick of wood.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Othargren

"We're near done!" Bellowed Othargren at the two men, "Now's not the time for a rest. Both of ye, get over here and get ta lashin' those spears to the wall! Work now, rest later!"

Indeed, the Dwarf would not accept defeat until the last of his life's blood flowed from his body. If a dam of stone were strong enough, it could hold back an ocean. "Good lads!" he complimented the work of the other warriors that were building up the crenulations to repel any climbers, "The Gorrinvul will break before this wall!" he declared, "Then we'll crush this Golem o' yours as if it were a wooden Troll!"

The Dwarf's optimism raised the spirits of the warriors who worked closely with him. They began to believe that they could survive this enemy until the coming of dawn and even strike down the Golem. Dwarves thrived upon poor odds, and Othargren anxiously awaited the battle. No army of walking corpses were going to get the better of him, nor would any beast of their making.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:02 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Monk

Augustine took the staff in hand, it was white as bone with a vein of a honey color that twisted all around it.

"It's beautiful, it is most certainly rare white oak..." Augustine's words trailed off as a rush of energy passed from the staff to the druid, Augustine felt as if he were standing in the eye of a whirlwind. The druid stood transfixed by the powerful artifact, it was a druid's staff and had been definitely carried by a master.

Augustine felt an instinct to use his magic as he held the staff, the druid let his power slip from him and to the wooden staff. As Augustine concentrated the ground all around he, Brianna and Sighere began to mildly vibrate, small bits of dirt and stone vibrated loose from the walls of the keep and fell to the ground.

Dozens of tiny, white flowers popped into being at their feet, they spread down the stone walkway and climbed down the walls. A bright green moss began to rapidly cover the stone of the keep in their immediate area, it grew quickly and seemed to be crawling across the stone. A small green and purple vine climbed across the ceiling above them, it grew in an instant spreading all around where the three of them stood. The vines began to slow down, they produced dark purple grapes as they grew. The grapes looked sweet, Augustine reached for some and tasted them.

"Sighere, I have come to the conclusion that I might get some use out of this old stick." He said as he chewed the sweet grapes.

All the things that grew around them where things that used to grow all around the keep, in the dark soil of the foothills of Rohan before the Gorrinvul started their campaign of terror. Sighere and any of the other Rohirrim would recognize the white flowers, they were Simbelmyne and they used to cover the rocky hills of Rohan, they used to grow all about the keep in days past.

Augustine admired the druidic symbols that adorned the staff, a script only known the druids Augustine read them silently.

Dur'Thuilm the evergreen, the script read.

"My thanks Sighere, you have given me a fine gift, I will treasure it."

The spontaneous growth was slowing, sweet grapes hung overhead and the smell of the small white blooms filled the corridor.

Augustine smiled as he held the staff, he felt like he had owned it all along.

"Brianna how do feel about joining me outside the keep to gather a few pine cones? If we can find a few large ones I can make them into something special."

The druid walked towards the front of the keep, carefully as so to not trample the Simbelmyne.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:03 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Sighere_sabertson

"They once adorned our lands and decorated the monuments of our loved ones." Sighere said of the Simbelmyne as he and the other Rohirrim stood silently watching the druid leave with the white oaken wand. When he and Brianna were away, Ceolwulf melted out of the shadows and stood beside his lieutenant.

"I did as you asked." Sighere said to his lord, "I never dared to dream that old staff bore any power."

"More than you know." Remarked Ceolwulf.

Sighere shot his lord a curious look. "What do you know of it?"

The lord smiled and rested his hand on Sighere's broad shoulder. "You know me better than any other old friend but I yet have a few secrets."

The two men shared a laugh then looked about them, staring in amazement at the greenery produced by the druid's magic. Ceolwulf nodded to his friend then set off after the druid.

"A word, Augustine." Requested the lord just as the gate keepers were opening the portcullis.

Ceolwulf bowed humbly before the druid when he paused to hear him. "The white staff has long awaited a master and I am pleased you are the one. When we came upon you on the plains I knew it could not be mere chance that a druid had come to us in our time of need and to the place where the druidic wand awaited. Long has my family, and only my family known of its power, but the old dying druid had sworn my uncle to secrecy. He told him that one day, another would come, one not seeking power, one who would once more make the Simbelmyne bloom and when that day came I was to give him this."

Ceolwulf held his hand before, Augustine and opened it revealing a ring. It was a beautiful sight to behold, a ring of petrified wood carved to appear as entwined vines and set into to it was a sphere of crystal clear amber. The tall warrior offered it freely, his bright blue eyes searching the druid's face for an answer, if any.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Ceolwulf_raegenharr
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:38 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Monk

Augustine returned Lord Ceolwulf's bow with one of his own.
Ceowulf spoke of the old staff and it's power, the Lord of the horse masters knew well how to keep a secret. As Ceolwulf spoke of the Simblemyne, Augustine looked around, it was still growing and as Ceolwulf spoke it bloomed at his feet.

Lord Ceolwulf offered the ring to the druid, Augustine could see that it too was fashioned from wood, very old wood. Ceolwulf held the ring in his large open hand as Augustine studied the hand carved piece.

"I have nothing to give in return my lord, I cannot repay this generosity."
Much had been taken from these people and Augustine was struck by how they still carried friendship and a true generosity in their hearts. Ceolwulf's eyes said it all, he wanted the druid to have it. Augustine took the ring from Lord Ceolwulf and held it in his hand.

"I humbly except this my friend. What is the story of it? What do you know about it?"
Augustine studied the petrified wood.

" I believe it may be fashioned from Yew, a very sacred wood."
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:09 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Drow

Verin pulled the thread and needle across his eye for one more pass. The gaping wound that was once his left eye was just about closed. The dark elf bit off the end of the thin suture and tied it off. Verin had done what he could to heal himself with his arcane skills but Pytha's armor bore many enchantments and decoding their magic would take some time so his healing magic only got him so far.

The wound in his belly had stopped bleeding but it would become a large unsightly scar in time. Pytha's spikes had torn a few small holes in his left cheek just beneath his ruined eye, a few of the dark elf's teeth could be seen through the wounds. The damage in his cheek did not pain him much, a few of his lesser spells had diminished his pain considerably.

The lost eye was the most upsetting, the drow people did not fear pain or injury but Verin was vain and could not stand the sight of his missing eye. Verin slipped a black bit of fabric over his empty eye socket, he tied the strip behind his head making himself a makeshift eye patch.

"I will repay all your insults back tenfold cousin, I will have my pound of flesh.'
Verin hissed to Pytha who was still unconscious on the floor nearby.

Tying the eye patch tight Verin walked over to his black haired cousin. He knelt near her head and reached into his many secret pockets. He produced a small black bottle, he whispered into Pytha's ear and she began to appear like smoke or mist, the mist began to drift and float. The mist drifted into the small black bottle until it was all inside and Pytha could be seen no more.

"I haven't the time to fuss with you now kaoveh, but I would be honored if you would journey with me to the gap of Rohan. Your heart was full when I asked you to come before, so be happy we go now!"

Verin held the small bottle before his eye, the black mist swirled inside the thing, two small glowing red eyes could be seen inside the bottle. The small eyes glared at Verin.

Verin adjusted his eye patch and slipped the bottle into his hidden pocket with a pat.

"Make angry eyes all you want Pytha I have you now."

Verin walked over to where Lunazul was, she was not moving and Verin sensed no breath, life or magic in her.

"I should have taken you as my own kaoveh, what a waste."
He hissed as he turned and walked away from her. As Verin left the room he turned a black ring on his right hand, fire erupted into the room quickly catching everything in it's path. He walked through the Drow home back to the entrance, his flames followed him as he walked burning everything that would catch.

Verin turned and looked into the fire, the whole cavern like abode was full with the orange flames, fueled by the dark elf's hatred.

"And they say you can never go home again..." He said with a smile, holding his hand over his eye as he watched the flames from the safety of the Drow passages.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:30 am

As the others tolied to prepare the defenses, Lac 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 2003_t10 , prepared to leave with Jorneff and Skajrnir. "We must travel light and with great speed my friends. The distance is long and the time short." As he and the two Rohirian's mounted and headed for the gates, Lac glanced up at the ramparts, smiling as he heard Othargren's orders being shouted. ......
As they approached the gate Jorneff commanded "OPEN THE GATE." ....... The six massive cross bars slolwy creaked back, the six upper bars slid down and the gates began to open.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:42 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Newjin

As Jin awakened from her empty reverie, she felt extremely rested. In all her years, it had been only a few times where she didn’t recall any past memories during her reverie and most of those times were due to injury recovery. But last night she recovered from no injuries and her reverie was as closet o human sleep as she had ever had without outside influence.

Stretching like a lazy feline, she gathered up her sleeping roll and tucked it away again inside one of the many hidden pockets of her cloak. As Tiphereth awoke and rolled away his own bed roll, Jin caught his movements out of the corner of her eye. When she saw the Pharie disrobe, she couldn’t help but let a sly grin ease onto her features.

As the Deithir began to move about, Jin felt obliged to watch and observe. Her critical eye watched the way his muscles rippled as he moved and the tattoos that adorned his body caught the different shadows within the cavern. Tilting her head one way then the other as she watched him move, she saw the graceful movements and thought he looked very much like a theatrical dancer of the surface world. But his dance was lethal should anyone want to be his partner. Something Jin admired greatly about him.

As she saw the tattoos begin to move about his body and one of them become his beloved weapon, Jin’s smile grew even more. Rather Tiphereth knew it or not, he was reaching into her basic, carnal desire by combining his fighting with his disrobed form. It was, for Jin, nothing short of erotic. All too soon his dance was done and he placed his clothes back on his body.

When he told her he put them back on to keep her from getting the wrong impression, Jin gave him a wry smile and tilted her head again. Her white hair fell over her shoulder and her red eyes seemed to glow even more.

”There is no such thing with me, Tiphereth. The impression you have given me will remain with me until I no longer draw breath into this earthly body. And even then, in the afterlife, I shall look back at this moment and smile as I remember how beautiful you are and how much you stirred the carnal need within me. I am glad Kallus did not get her hands on you. And I am almost disappointed I have not.”

Knowing the Deithir tended to give this subject a wide girth, Jin said no more and watched as he prepared them a breakfast. Thankful they were well inside a hidden alcove, so to speak, she knew the scents drifting from this place wouldn’t be detected as easily as they would have been if they had been elsewhere. As Tiphereth poured the tea for her Jin accepted the cup with a small toast and sipped it slowly. As they began to eat the breakfast and Tiphereth mentioned Alric, Jin heard what he said about sleeping and she nodded. A sad smile eased over her features then.

”Alric had a way of making a meal something of a culinary adventure.”

She seemed to grow silent for a moment as she was fondly remembering the young wizard’s apprentice. Finally she took a deep breath and shook those memories away for now.

”My reverie was empty as well. I wonder if some sort of spell was weaved around us allowing us those few hours of uninterrupted and peaceful rest. While I didn’t feel as though we had a spell cast upon us, it is difficult to say if this were some of Kallus’ doing or not. However, with your aversion to magic, I do not think that is the case. Perhaps we were both just more exhausted than we realized.”

Her brows furrowed then and she took another bite of food chewing it thoughtfully. After she swallowed it down, she took another sip of tea then looked over at the Deithir again.

”getting to the Queen will not be an easy thing for us. I do not foresee traps like Kallus had in place but I do see brute force and I am certain she has many, many guards willing to lay their lives down for her.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:09 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Jalisa1

Jalisa watched Lac from her vantage point as he prepared to leave. She would travel with him unseen for it was her duty to insure his safety. If anything were to happen to her charge then she would have to answer to Loki for that and she didn’t want to have to cross his path. As gentle as the giant green had been with her, she knew there were things he simply wouldn’t tolerate and failing in her mission would be one of them.

As the six cross bars were slowly released to open the gates of the keep, Jalisa stepped back from the ledge. As the horses and riders ran out of the massive gates, she quickly ducked into what looked like an old tunnel only it led to no where. Disappearing from view, she reappeared outside the keep and in the middle of a grove of trees to stand and watch as the riders came by. This would be the way she would move as Lac’Nala made his way across the land.

With her cloak pulled around her and the hood of that cloak pulled up over her head, the only thing that would have been visible to anyone, if they looked in her direction for the few seconds they could, would be two glowing, red orbs that were her eyes as she peered out from the shadowy folds of her hood.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:24 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind

Tiphereth ate very slowly, savouring the flavour of the meal and stretching the breakfast to enjoy more of the Drowess' company. This was the first time they had spoke for a length and nestled safely in their deep hidden room the Deithir was really in no rush to challenge the Queen of the Gorrinvul.

When, Jin spoke candidly and revealed her lusty desires, Tiphereth was moved to say the least. He closed his eyes and bowed lowly to her. "I am humbled by you compliments, Drowess and a little unnerved by your boldness." he told her with playful smile.

Tiphereth breathed deep and sighed. "Perhaps...", the word trailed off and he brought his hand up to his left eye. There was a strange sensation and the flesh about it was hot. He could not explain the feeling and as quickly as it had come, it had gone.

Noting, Jin's look of concern, Tiphereth waved it off. "Tis nothing." he told her.

The Deither then ate more of his meal and spoke more with the Drowess of his most restful sleep and concerns of the Gorrinvul. He did not mention it, but part of his most placid slumber was due to the presence of his companion whom he had come to trust.

Their meal done, the Phaerie used a spell to clean the cutlery, plates, and cookware and stored away the items neatly into his satchel. While he gathered his belongings he continued to speak. "Aversion." he said, "I do not have an aversion to magic, it flows freely through me and so I am more susceptible to certain kinds of spells. The magic of your lands is no more invasive than the incantations of the Aethiad of my home."

Tiphereth closed up his satched, slung it across his body and stared down at the beautiful, Drowess. "You are indeed lovely." he complimented, "Your beauty and fighting prowess honours, Lac'Nal."

He then raised his black eyes. The Deithir knew those were not the words the Drowess desired to hear and so he felt he owed her an explanation, if only to calm the waters between them. "Do you remember that I told thee there were no female, Deithir. This is because we are born of magic and just as there are only female Nymphs, my kind is of one gender. We were never meant to experience love, at least not in a 'natural' sense but as my kind became able to remain in the physical realm, we sought to immerse ourselves in such feelings. Unfortunately, for us we literally drowned in the vehement passions of the Aethiad. Your feelings and passions, Jin are far more than just passing or lingering thoughts, they are..." The Phaerie paused to search for the right word, "captivating."

The Deithir took a few steps toward the wall and sat down upon a raised stone dais so that he was eye level with the Drowess. "A passionate being such as you are, Jin can easily exact their will over me if I allow it, but once I open the door, I cannot close it. Please understand that I have wandered down that path before and for a time all that I was became lost... empty. I think for now, I would rather leave that door closed."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:07 am

Ceolwulf hung on everyone of the druid's words and he seemed to become disappointed when, Augustine asked him questions to which he himself was anxious to learn of. Still, if any were to unravel the riddle of the ring, Lord Raegenharr believed this unassuming robed figure before him would be the one.

When the druid mentioned that the wood of the ring was from the Yew tree, Ceolwulf became very interested. Augustine seemed very confident in his answer and so the Lord told him of why he found that so significant.

"Once, long ago a sacred Yew tree grew in the main bailey." Said Ceolwulf, "Before my grandfather's time it flourished here, but legend says it was destroyed by dragon's fire during a great battle."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

Jin, like her Pharie companion, felt at ease with the company she was keeping. It wasn’t all that often she was able to relax in such a way that made her feel at such ease she was able to take her time in doing anything. The conversation they shared was serious but they had enough respect between them where they were able to keep it on a playful level. Of course she quirked a delicate, white brow when he said the word ‘perhaps’ and let it trail off. Both of them knew where her heart was but there was no mistaken her heritage and training was difficult to leave behind, at best. But when she saw the way he touched his left eye and the look on his face when he did so, Jin took a small step forward to offer aid if needed but when he assured her it was nothing, she accepted his wave off…..hesitantly

When he explained he had no aversion to magic, Jin was a little confused. While it seemed likely his explanation made sense, what didn’t make sense was the affect Alric’s spell had on the Deithir when they first met. Then again, dear Alric was an apprentice and perhaps something went awry in his casting that had an adverse affect on the Deithir.

”Forgive me for thinking that, Tiphereth. I thought magic cast upon you in this realm had adverse affects upon you after what happened to you when Alric cast the spell when we first met you. I apologize. But, just to be on the safe side, I shall keep my spell casting targeted upon me or upon another intended target that is not you. I do not wish to take any chances. As the humans say, just in case.”

As Jin prepared to leave making sure her crossed dagger harness was snug about her torso without being constrictive, she blinked and looked to the Deithir when he complimented her on her beauty and fighting skills. When he stated she honored Lac’Nal with such traits, she smiled a genuine smile and nodded. But there seemed to be more she was looking for.

”Thank you, Tiphereth. That means a great deal coming from you. I hope I can continue to honor him with these things…and more.”

Tiphereth must have known for he took the time to explain to her what he meant when he told her there were no female Deithir’s back when they were trying to get to Kallus. Jin found the statement odd at the time, but now she was beginning to understand. As he opened up to her about the risks involved if he should give into the desires between them, it was becoming crystal clear as to how much restraint the Pharie was practicing. Her eyes never left his face as he spoke and when he found a place to sit where he could look at her eye level, Jin’s eyes followed his unwavering. Unfortunately, Jin knew nothing would change between them. It was simply her nature and he knew this but at least now she understood. And somehow, she knew Tiphereth didn’t want her to. When the Pharie finished talking, Jin nodded slightly.

”I wish not to have you bend to my will, Tiphereth. If anything were to happen between us, it would be something that was meant to be and by both of our free wills. I shall not manipulate you to my bed. If we had met before I discovered things about myself I did not know I was capable of, this would end in a different way for you and I. But I am no longer that person.”

Jin removed the kid glove from her right hand and reached out to let her bare hand rest against Tiphereth’s cheek as her thumb caressed his skin. Her eyes bored into his and she leaned forward to kiss him then stopped just before their lips would have touched. Slowly moving to the side so she could whisper into his ear, she spoke in a soft whisper.

”No door shall be opened by me you do not wish to have opened. I give you my word on my honor.”

Slowly easing back away from Tiphereth and allowing space between them, Jin removed her hand form his cheek and put her glove back on her hand as she smiled at the Deithir.

”On the other hand, if you find yourself falling for the wiles of another woman you do not wish to have that door opened by her as well, let me know. I shall make sure she never gets the chance to entice you again. Or anyone else for that matter.”

With a wink, she nodded then thumbed behind her.

”Shall we see if we can find this damnable Queen so we can get back to the others? Not that being down here with you is not enjoyable. Quite the contrary. I think I could rather enjoy staying lost down here for quite some time with you for company.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:56 am

Tiphereth was unlike his Deithirin brothers. He was brought into being through the love of two Saedrie, beings that had passed fully into the Natural World but yet bore Phaerie blood. Their offspring was a pure 'Child of the Fey', and had by their guidance had given him a far stronger moral compass than his kind usually possessed. That and the training at the Temple and forged a strong sense of integrity within the Phaerie-bard and he simply would not betray the trust of Lac'Nal even if he did feel he could endure the passionate heart of the Drowess. As she moved closely to him, he emotions were like cool, caressing wave upon his skin and as the washed over him a wind stirred round them both. As her lips neared his, the Deithir was an unmoving statue. His eyes closed and his fiery locks tossed forward by the strange gusts touched upon her dark skin.

The winds were the physical representation of passion brought into reality by the essence of the Deithir. Strong emotions always manifested themselves before his kind like elements in the natural world. It was the reason that the Phaerie were more susceptible to certain spells that were of no consequence to those of the natural world and why, Tiphereth could not trust the intentions of the Drowess. No matter how true they may be they would lead down a dark path.

As the waters calmed between them, Tiphereth smiled warmly at her offer of protection against the wiles of other women. "I thank you, Jin. If ever you catch me playing the fool I shall expect you to put me to right."

The Deither stared down the path that the Drowess thumbed to and agreed that he too was enjoying their time together in the Under Dark despite the situation. He really didn't feel lost with the Drowess beside him but he thought it best to keep that to himself.

"I miss the stars." Tiphereth stated, "You know, I grew up in a city not unlike the great capitals of this world I imagine. I have only had to endure the everlasting night that was the prison of my kind when I visited the Forest of Perpetual Night, the home of my people. The darkness is, however, a part of me. As much as I adore the beauty of the rise and fall of the sun, my Deithirin heart craves the night and the cool light it harbors."

The Deither skipped along silently behind the small, lithe Drow as he spoke. Soon they were well away from the lesser traveled trails that lead to the hidden chamber and well on their way to where, Jin suspected they would find the Gorrinvul.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:21 am

As Jin and Tiphereth moved out of the hidden chamber, the Drowess didn’t worry about taking a slower pace for the Deithir to keep up with her. He’d proven his ability to do so without taxing his energy and therefore she figured it was best to cover as much distance as they could. Normally Jin would have been wary of who traveled behind her but not once did she glance over her shoulder to see what the Pharie was doing. While she couldn’t exactly hear him moving behind her she could sense his presence and that was good enough for her. When he mentioned he missed the stars, Jin smiled slightly and nodded in agreement as she spoke in a hushed voice.

”All my life I lived in this underground world. On occasion we were sent to the surface to raid a human camp and kill everyone or to engage in a battle with some of our enemies who thought the surface would give them refuge against our revenge. But I too miss the stars. Now that I have lived upon the surface world for a time I find the open space and the twinkling stars to be comforting. Of course it wasn’t always like that. Before I got used to having such wide open space I could not wait to return to the Under Dark to have the comfort of a ceiling over my head.”

So far, they had not come across any Drow but Jin knew it could be just a matter of time before they crossed paths with some. Thankfully Tiphereth had taken up moving behind her. If they did come across any of her kind, it would be easy to have him resume his role of being her slave. But Jin couldn’t help but hope they didn’t have to resort to that again. She had too much respect for Tiphereth to subject him to such things.

They were heading up, towards the surface. Jin could tell by the way the air flow was increasing and the temperature was changing. When they came to a similar branch of tunnels, Jin stopped and studied them carefully. Furrowing her brows, she looked down one then another then another. There were four different tunnels branching off from the one they emerged from and she wanted to make sure she followed the right one. Finally she stopped in the center and closed her eyes as her voice whispered a spell.

As Tiphereth observed he saw four eyes appear before Jin and with a wave of her hand they floated down each tunnel. As she stood entranced in her spell he could see her eyes moving beneath the lids indicating she was seeing something. What Jin was seeing was everything the eyes were and as they floated down the tunnels, she could see things at a distance than if they had traveled down them. Finally she saw what she was looking for.

The tunnel opened up slightly and Jin could make out the wooden support beams indicating they were on the outskirts of the tunnels made by the Gorrinvul. From what Jin could see with the ethereal eye it looked as thought hey accidentally broke through the wall of a natural tunnel the Drow used. When Jin finally emerged form her trance, the eyes evaporated, she blinked then looked to Tiphereth.

”We are very close, Tiphereth. Be wary of guards and scouts. I have an idea we will run into some of them the closer we get to them. Once we reach the place where their wooden braces are constructed, we will need to figure out which way the Queen will be.”

Gesturing to the tunnel the eye had discovered the wooden beams, Jin slipped into it and guided Tiphereth along once again.

”When we finish this particular mission, I hope we have the chance to celebrate before we head out once more. The Goddess knows I could use a stiff drink under those twinkling stars we both miss. Besides, if we cannot take the time to enjoy our lives once in a while, why are we even here in the first place?”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Tiphereth agreed, "A fine glass of wine would be most pleasing."

Following close behind the Drowess, Tiphereth navigated a small winding tunnel with unnatural twisting movements to compensate for his height. This contorted mode of travel lasted for approximately ten minutes, then the two demi-human creatures found themselves in a much larger tunnel which ran perpendicular to the one they exited. Crouched low and at ready both of the warriors cast their senses down the side at which the stood. The two turned to one another acknowledging that their way was safe then they relaxed.

The stench of the Gorrinvul lingered but it was difficult to tell how often the creatures used this particular passage. Tiphereth walked over to one of the supporting beams and touched the darkened wood. He ran his hands along the ancient beam and closed his eyes for a moment.

"They have not passed through this passage for many days." He told the Drowess as he opened his eyes and stared down the way closest to her, "This is the way we must go."

Two abreast they silently treaded along the soft earthen floor of the hand carved corridor, each keeping a shoulder to the wall, Tiphereth on the left and Jin on the right. Both being able to move with exceptional quietness, their pace was fast and they covered ground very quickly. The passage was virtually straight and seemed to go on and on, but then the two saw something up ahead. The floor was completely black to their eyes which meant that there was no floor. The long tunnel had suddenly become a chasm, dropping of into a long deep crack in the earth.

Tiphereth looked at, Jin, puzzled. "I thought these creatures would be much closer to the surface." he pondered. Then without hesitation he leapt of the edge and into the narrow chasm, his bright form fading into the blackness as he quickly passed beyond the range of the Drowess' infravision.

As the Deithir fell into the blackness, the chasm widened, until it opened into a vast chamber, its walls barely visible even to his far seeing eyes. He slowed and softly landed upon soft pale powdery soil that wafted up at his feet when he touched upon it. Looking about quickly, the bard figured that he would see the tracks of the Gorrinvul imprinted everywhere in the fine powder but the surface was pristine as if it had been untouched for centuries.

Tiphereth immediately had an uneasy feeling and stood motionless until, Jin arrived. He did not understand why there were no signs of the Gorrinvul. Were they phantoms?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:28 am

Jin thought Ogre’s had a stench about them that was the worst thing she’d ever smelled in all her life but as she and Tiphereth entered into the world of the Gorrinvul, she found that the Gorrinvul had a particular stench about them that rivaled, and perhaps by passed, that of the Ogre’s. The fact she didn’t care for the smell was clearly visible on her face as she wrinkled her nose and furrowed her brows, placing the back of her gloved hand before her nose to somehow block the worst of the smell.

As Tiphereth used his ability to see as he examined the wooden beams, Jin stood guard. When he finally reported what he knew, she furrowed her brows even more then gestured to the tunnel Tiphereth said they should travel. The stench was still prevalent but now she was getting used to it. (If one truly could). When they cane to the drop off, Jin looked behind them then to the opening again. She was just getting ready to say something to him when he just leapt off the edge.

Hissing a curse she dropped to her stomach and scrambled to the edge to watch him and whisper her displeasure at his actions.

”Have you gone mad?! You do not know what lies at the bottom of this….this….”

Her words were cut short as she noticed he disappeared from her keen sight. Not liking where this was going, she quickly got to her feet and stood at the edge looking down.

”Goddess help me….”

Taking a few steps backwards, trotted forward then jumped over the edge. As she began to plummet she cast her feather fall spell and soon began to float slowly. As she floated she studied the walls around her when she wasn’t looking directly down below her.

As Tiphereth slowly came into sight, she tensed and prepared herself for what ever it was that seemed to have the Deithir on edge. Pulling her cross bow to ready herself for what ever she was about to get in the middle of. But the closer she got to the floor she noticed the surface took on a sickening, green glow and wondered what was causing that. When her feet finally touched the soft, powdery surface as some of the dust drifted up Jin furrowed her brows even more.

”What the hell is this stuff? I have never seen anything like this before.”

As the dust floated about them Jin felt a slight tingling sensation on her face and a strange sensation began to fill her head. She felt as though she’d had too much to drink and was feeling the affects of such behavior. Shaking her head to clear it, she looked over at Tiphereth and blinked a few times then squeezed her eyes shut tight for a moment before she looked at him again. Her eyes were losing focus on him and he was becoming distorted. Blinking a few more times, she looked around again then whispered softly to the Deithir.

”What do you schupposhe thish ish?”

Furrowing her brows, she shook her head slightly. Why was she talking like that? And why did a smile ease onto her features that seemed to be growing by the second. To make matters worse, she felt a couple of chuckles of humor slip past her lips and as she tried to gain control of her composure, she frowned and shook her head again only to have a few more chuckles slip past her lips.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:22 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Gorrin10

The sun was setting over Rohan, shadows stretched long as the last of the sun's ray's dropped beneath the horizon. The Gorrinvul had completed the Golem, a construct that was close to twenty five feet tall when assembled. The creatures pushed and pulled the construct out from the mouth of their caves. It was lying flat as they moved it, they used wooden rollers and ropes to haul it.

Once they had it out in the night air they pulled on ropes and got it standing. When the thing was fully vertical it began to move, large arms stretched and flexed, the legs took a step forward. The Gorrinvul took no time to decorate the construct, it had no face and no toes or fingers, it was just a wooden skeleton fleshed out with Gorrinvul. There was probably close to two hundred of the creatures tied to the wooden frame of the Golem. Their white eyes stared out from where they were tied.

From a distance the golem appeared like a giant, a giant with dark black and gray flesh. The flesh of the giant was dotted with white dots, the dead eyes of the Gorrinvul.

Breac stood before the giant, the creature was pleased to see it come to life again. He and many of the Gorrinvul stood and admired the fruit of their toil. He howled with pleasure and raised his fist, the other Gorrinvul followed suit and began to grunt and cheer in their own way. Breac climbed the golem and sat upon a rough framed throne like seat where the head of the construct should be.

Breac sat and grasped a long black spear and pointed it towards the keep of the Rohirrim. He howled again and the golem began to walk. The ground rumbled as the thing moved, the ancient lumber that was it's bones creaked and groaned as it walked.

Fifty more of the Gorrinvul walked behind the golem, they were armed and ready to wipe out the last of the brave Rohirrim holdouts.

There were many more of the creatures that remained at their caves, the queen was deep inside the hive and the Gorrinvul did not ever leave her unprotected. Deep in the claustrophobia inducing chamber the queen sat, the only way in or out of her lair was through the small cave opening. In the chamber just outside her lair many Gorrinvul sat with their weapons, two dozen of them stood guard over the queen.

The queen stood in her chamber, she could sense that the Golem was on the move, she was sure of their victory. She looked up to the chamber ceiling as if she could see the golem, she smiled, her white eyes glowed in the dark room. Many deadly creatures moved about her chamber floor, a large poisonous centipede came near the queen, she stroked it like a pet as it rubbed against her.

The way she figured it, before the night was half over the last of the golden haired vermin that infested the keep beyond her lair would be destroyed. When the Gorrinvul's victory was complete there would be no one to stand in their way, they could spread their vast numbers to the hills beyond the keep and include the humans that lived there among their throng.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Ceolwulf had left the druid with the image of the sacred Yew tree set ablaze by the breath of a dragon. For years the charred remains would have lingered on, until they to would have crumbled to ash, but it's spirit lived on. The lord knew well the story, they all did and so to would a part of the Rohirrim remain in the keep after this night, when they too fell.

The sun fell as true and steady as the deathman's axe and as the last of the daylight vanished behind the White mountains that spanned westward the warriors turned sullen. Now they would wait. They would wait until the mid of the night, the time when Ceolwulf foresaw the Gorrinvul attack and the rise of the Golem. They would wait to see if the Riders of Rohan, the elite fighters from Edoras would come to their aid, but none believed they would come. The King of Rohan had grown addled and even the words of Lac'Nal would fall upon deaf ears. They were alone and after they were gone, none would remain to recite the songs of their lives.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Othargren

"Cheer up lads!" Roared Othargren as the stout Dwarf made his way along the ramparts, "Ye look like mourners at ye own funeral!", and with the last statement he slapped a tense warrior on the back with enough force to knock the man off balance. He rolled on the balls of his feet and very nearly went over the ladder he stood before, but he regained his footing and glared angrily at the loud Dwarf.

The Dwarf puffed out his chest and stood his ground against the Man. "Well, it seems that warmed yer blood young horse master! From the looks of ye, I thought it had already run cold!"

Othargren pushed past the young warrior and bellowed at the top of his lungs so that all the Rohirrim could hear his words echoing from the top of the wall. "People of Rohan! Ye yet mourn the loss of those who have gone before ye, but all of ya are still very much alive! Yer more alive than those rotting bags 'o flesh that come ta destroy ye! Aye! I know ye, you long to avenge your families and join them, maybe 'tis your way, but it's not my way! Much of me kin have crossed the Bridge before me, but I'll be damned if'n I'm goin' ta seek out me death jus' to share a pint or feel their warmth one more time! They would put thar boots to me arse and kick me back across for throwing this life away and by the god's as I live and breath none of ye are goin' to discard those fair heads so lightly!"

The Dwarf breathed deeply and wiped the spittle that had accumulated round his lips from his most vehement speech. His deep set eyes scanned the Rohirrim, boring into each of their hearts and not a one could avert their eyes, even lord Ceolwulf's gaze was fixed.

"WELL!" Shouted the Dwarf, "Are ye warriors of Rohan or the walking dead like them bastards out there! If this is my time then by Korgan's Blood I'm a tak'n at least twenty o' those vile beasts with me! WHAT SAY YOU WARRIORS OF ROHAN? FIGHT LIKE THE LIVING FOR WE ARE NOT DEAD!"

The Dwarf had worked himself into a frenzy. He stood upon the crenulations holding his axes high, roaring at the twilight sky and inspired by his heart and enthusiasm, the Rohirrim all raised the swords and spears high. They purged themselves of their despair with roars that traveled across the bridge and into the plains beyond.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Viking_Warrior_by_severeene

Jorneff like the others had been riding hard, his horse was a fine animal and had maintained an impressive pace despite it's exhaustion. Jorneff looked to his side, Lord Lac'Nala was there, the three of them had made excellent time to Edoras, the towers of the garrison could just be seen across the hilly landscape in front of them.

"Edoras is there my lord, I see the fires in the watchtowers." Jorneff said to the half elf prince, his sharp Rohirrim eyes had seen the tiny dots of yellow in the dark foothills. The sun had set and the three riders were arriving unannounced to the palace of Theoden. In days past the warriors of Edoras and the riders of Rohan were like brothers, they traveled freely back and forth and were welcomed to do so.

Things were different now, a black cloud had settled over Edoras and the once friendly Theoden had shut his gates and closed his lands. Now he sat alone in his great hall and whispered to himself, he seemed paranoid and overly superstitious. He would see no one and even turned his back on his own kin, his niece and nephew could not even see him unless he wished it.

Jorneff looked at Lac'Nala and prayed that the man had a few ideas on how to get through the gates of Edoras.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:08 am

Great moss covered stalagmites, like bough-less trees stood around them illuminated by the soft green glow of the strange powdery dust that undulated along the floor of the giant cavern. As the luminescent dust swirled round their feet and rose into the air about them, Tiphereth recognized the effects it was having on the Drowess and quickly flashed his eyes about the cavern. He remembered an ancient legend, a tale from his world that no doubt crossed over into this one. The story of the 'Chlorus Cave', a vast chamber, green as death and under one's feet a fine mist of intoxicating spores,

The Deithir was yet unaffected, but he knew it was only a matter of time before he too fell victim to the spores. While he was unnatural and immune to various poisons the toxic spores were very old and existed between realms. Soon he too would weaken and so they had to make haste and escape before he was no longer able to act and both of them felly prey to the cave.

Turning once more to Jin, Tiphereth could see now that her eyes had taken on the same greenish glow as the mist. Apparently, attempting to protect one's breathing with a filter would do no good as the spores collected in the eyes. Already, the Drowess' vision was obscured by the luminescent film that collected upon them making the cavern appear even foggier.

Taking the Drowess' hand, Tiphereth pulled her along as he sprinted toward what he figured to be a way out at the far end of the cavern. The toxin of the spores acted fast. Already the Drowess was completely incoherent, she ran along limply and the Deithir had little choice but to sweep her up into his arms and continue running.

The cave was so vast, and the green mist was growing thicker. Soon Tiphereth could barely see where he was going as he wove his way through the stalagmite forest. He then leapt into the air, using raw force to propel he and the cradled Drowess high into the air. The new perspective allowed him to regain his bearing and as they descended into the mist once more he knew where to run. He headed toward a passage from which emanated the sound of running water, 'surely bathing in it should clear away the spores?' He imagined, but the toxin would linger.

Unfortunately, Tiphereth could feel his body beginning to weaken. The small Drowess was beginning to burden his arms and his pace slowed. He was so close, but the effects of the spores quickly sapped the strength from his legs. Tiphereth's head spun, he grit his teeth and narrowed his green glowing eyes with utter determination but it seemed that even though the toxin took longer to work on him had a more profound effect. While he collapsed and could feel a paralysis washing over his body, the Drowess was giggling. She had lost much of her coordination, but she could still move. With the last of his strength, Tiphereth hurled the Drowess toward the tunnel, that was void of the green mist. She bounced and rolled limply across the mossy ground, landing clear of the glowing spores. A cool, moist breeze caressed her cheek and brought with it momentary lucidity, enough so that she could see at the end of the tunnel a sparkling cascade of water.

Sorrelwind could not move. He lay there, beneath the stirring mist his head spinning, unable to make sense of anything around him. Vulnerable to attack the Gorrinvul appeared. Dark, sinewy forms rose out of the mist and slowly stalked toward the fallen bard. The Chlorus Cave had always proved to be a most effective ward to intruders a perfect defense since the undead things were naturally immune to its effects. They drew their blades and approached without fear. Their quarry like others, had been drawn to the tunnel of the cascading water, opposite their den and whether they were lucid or not, the two trespassers were trapped between a dead end tunnel and the Chlorus Cave.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:17 am

Lac, Jorneff and Skajrnir had ridden hard, southeast, across the Horngurg 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Plains10 to the White Mountains. Finally looiking upon Edoras 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Edoras10 in the distance. Approaching the gates of Edoras Lac looked at Jorneff and said "Do not look for welcome here, I sense a shadow has fallen across this place." As Lac pulled Lightining up to the gates he shouted "Hail the watch of Edoras! I am Lac'Nala of Oron_D-Naar! My companions and I have word from the Riddimark and the Rider's of Rohan. Open your gates for we seek urgent counsel with King Theoden!" ....... As the sun sank lower in the west and the shadows of evening lengthened, the great gates opened and a company of grim faced gaurds stood before Lac, Jorneff and Skarmir. They parted as Lac and his companions rode in, through the semi deserted streets of Edoras. The villages looked solem and witdrawn as Lac and his companions approached the steps leading up to the Golden Hall of Meduseld 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Meduse10 . They dismounted and climbed the stairs stopping at the doors of the Golden Hall. 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Mpttt010.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:05 am

Jin was deliriously happy. She couldn’t help but giggle constantly. And make comments about things as Tiphereth did his best to move them out of the toxic spores that were affecting her so much.

”Is this what it feels like to run through a field of wildflowers? Oh Tiph….I did not know you wanted to do that with me. If you had just said something, I would have gladly run with you.”

When the Deithir swept her off her feet, she giggled again and wrapped her arms around his neck as she flirted salaciously with him. As she spoke to him she would lean in as close as she could to his ear and nip playfully at the sensitive lobe while she did her best to press her lithe form against his broad chest. Her voice was husky with lust as she spoke almost breathlessly to him.

”Oh my. I knew there were sparks flying between us but I never took you for the barbaric type but I have to say I am not displeased. I do like a man who can take control of the moment and give his woman quite the what for. Promise me you will allow me to practice my own form of domination upon you when we finish that first round.”

Jin happened to glance over his shoulder as he did his best to get them to the other side of the cavern and she could see the outline of the Gorrinvul as they appeared on the far end of the cavern.

”And you even invited some others to join in? Now this IS a surprise. Next time inform me ahead of time so I can be more prep….”

When Tiphereth tossed her like a rag doll out of the spore filled cavern, Jin let out a gleeful ‘weeeeee’ and when she landed her lilting laughter filled the cavern again. When she sat up the cool, moist breeze cleared her mind enough that she realized what had happened and saw how much danger Tiphereth was in. Blinking her eyes and shaking her head to get rid of more of the incoherent hold the toxin had on her mind, Jin finally began to think clearly but her body was still slow in reacting.

Withdrawing her cross bow from her cloak, she slowly raised it and tried to draw a bead on the Gorrinvul approaching Tiphereth. Her body was weakened by the affects of the spores toxins and she could not steady her aim for all the gold in Rohan but she finally began firing. Her first two bolts whizzed by the Gorrinvul’s heads barely missing them but they were undeterred. They were still closing the gap between them and Tiphereth when Jin squeezed her eyes tight for a moment, clenched her jaw hard then opened her eyes and steadied her hand enough where she fired off another bolt that hit the lead Gorrinvul in the center of his boney forehead. The force of her bolt knocked him back a few feet but the others continued to advance.

Slowly rising to her feet, Jin realized she couldn’t rely on her accuracy with her cross bow so she quickly put it away. But her magic was a different story. Swaying as she stood just beyond the Chlorus Cavern, she closed her eyes and began to chant ion that sing song form of spell casting she used. Her native language that usually sounded clipped and short sounded more like a lovers ballad. Between her hands of energy began to crackle. The more she chanted the more intense it grew. Finally she thrust her hands before her and light bolts of pure energy erupted from her splayed digits hitting the leading Gorrinvul full force. The energy bolts were so intense that the walking dead literally burst into bits. But that was just the leading group. Already she could see more emerging from the mist further back in the cavern.

Suppressing more giggles that threatened to take her lucidity from her again, Jin grit her teeth and began casting again. This time, when she thrust her hands forward a strong gust of wind erupted sending the spores and mist away from where Tiphereth lay. With precious little seconds, Jin rushed forward as fast as she could, which wasn’t near fast enough for her, and grabbed a hold of the bards wrists and began to tug and pull him from the area. The spores were already beginning to collect back from where she had blown them away as she struggled to pull him free.

Seeing the Gorrinvul grow closer, Jin knew she lacked the physical strength to pull Tiphereth free. With one, last ditch effort, she did the one thing she never wanted to do and that was cast a spell with Tiphereth as the target of the spell. Hopefully this would not have any effect on him as it was one she was sure that was similar to the one he used to make himself near weightless.

When her spell was released, Tiphereth’s body grew weightless and she was able to use her strength to pull him free of the spore covered cavern and away from the approaching Gorrinvul. Already she could hear their disappointed grunts and cries to the fact she had gotten their prey away from them. The effort she put into pulling Tiphereth free sent both of them tumbling backwards and rolling on the cool, earthen floor of the tunnel. More giggles threatened to erupt from her lips as another wave of incoherency tried to overtake her.

The sound of the water drew her attention again and she quickly pulled and tugged the bard with what was left of her strength towards the water. What she found when she got there was a surprise. The water collected at the base of the cascade into a pool like area. It was about ten feet wide and about 20 feet long.

Glancing behind her and seeing the Gorrinvul so close Jin could practically feel their fetid breath on her. Whispering to TIphereth as she pushed prodded and shoved until she rolled him close to the edge of the pool.

”Goddess I hope you have no trouble with water. It is our only hope at this point.”

Finally with one last grunt, Jin was able to get Tiphereth to fall over the pools edge into the water and sink below the waters surface. Before she could get herself into the water she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise in warning and quickly rolled to her right. She felt the woosh of one of the Gorrinvul’s blades against her cheek when she moved. Rolling to her feet, she stumbled before she caught her balance good enough to pull her cross bow once more. Firing off a few shots and hitting the Gorrinvul in non vital locations, she went to take a step backwards and felt her foot suddenly give out from under her.

Her arms flailed as Jin tried to get her balance thrust forward but the weight of the cross bow and the effects the toxins from the spores still had on her was too much for the Drowess to compensate for. As one of the Gorrinvul rushed forward with his blade high over head to strike her down, Jin fell backwards into the water just as the blade came down.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:23 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Jalisa1

Jalisa never let the riders or Lac’Nala escape her protective gaze. While they didn’t know she was there, she did and that was all she cared about. The riders made excellent time as they made their way to Edoras. As Jalisa got closer to Edoras she noticed the darkness that seemed to have settled over the land here. A sense of foreboding washed over the dragoness as she stood in the shadows and watched Lac and the Rohan riders make their way into the gates and up to the golden hall.

Using her magic, she placed herself in the rafters of the Golden Hall to observe, undetected. Something was amiss here and she was going to find out what it was. Jalisa had a feeling Lac’Nala and the Rohirrim were waling into a spiders lair and she was going to make sure the spider was harmless one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:28 pm

The Deithir fell limply into the water and a cool wave of awareness instantly rushed through his body and mind. His eyes opened wide allowing the water to wash away the glowing green as they returned to their inky black registered where he was. He breathed in deeply allowing the water to fill his Phaerie lungs and his recovery was fast.

The Gorrinvul blade descended swift and would assuredly strike the Drowess' leather breast plate as she tumbled backward into the pool. She grit her teeth in anticipation of the burning pain as the sword stayed its course but as it bit down water erupted all around her and she felt a cold supportive hand against the small of her back. Suspended just above the surface of the pool, Jin could see the Deithir above her, sparkling green droplets of water streaming from him his skin like emeralds by the soft light of the Chlorus Cavern. His opposite arm rushed across her body with blinding speed and Tiphereth's palm struck the flat of the Gorrinvul's blade with enough force to throw creature's arm to the side. Then even as the creature began to open it's black mouth wide in protest, the bard's powerful leg lashed out, hitting it flush in the chest with explosive power. The Gorrinvul flew backwards, striking two other of it's advancing brethren, knocking them to the ground.

Many more, Gorrinvul were approaching. They flooded into the cavern by the ten's, and would be able to fight two abreast. Even if the Deithir and Drowess were at full strength they would eventually fall against shear number. They were trapped!

With little time to spare, Tiphereth looked down at the Drowess who was still supported by his arm. "You have to trust me." he told her, "Take a deep breath."

There was no time for debate. The Drowess could feel his arm quivering weakly beneath her and seeing the Gorrinvul flood madly into the dead end cavern knew that whatever option, Tiphereth was proposing was their only option.

As the screaming horde descended upon them, Tiphereth leapt into the water carrying, Jin with him. He had seen a tunnel at the far end of the pool and prayed it offered an escape. The undead Gorrinvul followed, unhindered by the lack of air, that the Phaerie also was not reliant on. The only one who relied upon a breath of air was the Drowess, and Tiphereth did not know whether or not she harbored the magic to survive beneath the water as his kind did, but they had no other choice.

As they swam deeper into the pool they descended into the blackness and soon the Drowess' breath would be spent. They had to keep going, and not knowing whether or not, Jin could cast a spell that would save her life took it upon himself to do it for her. As the dark images of their undead pursuers hovered above them, the Deithir drew the Drowess near and placed his mouth upon hers. Jin could feel a rush of cool air enter her lungs and when the Phaerie pulled away, she found that as the water entered her mouth it became as air and she could breath freely.

Motioning to Jin to enter the tunnel, Tiphereth paused before the opening and began to move his hands in the familiar somatic motions of a spell caster. The Drowess could suddenly feel the water turn cold and then she could see before the bard, the water quickly begin to freeze. First there was a thin barrier of ice that formed between them and the Gorrinvul, then as the creatures swam closer it grew thicker, enveloping the first of the Gorrinvul and suspending them in an icy tomb.

Tiphereth kicked off the barrier of ice and floated down into the tunnel to where, Jin waited. He was weary, but able to swim adequately. Before them the dark tunnel wove its way down into the earth. They had no idea where it would take them, and both hoped that it filtered into a greater source rather than tapering down into narrower tunnels that would seal their fate.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Jin blinked in total disbelief when she felt the supportive hand in the small of her back and saw Tiphereth above her. How in the name of the Gods did he….? The thought didn’t have time to complete as the Deithir fought off the Gorrinvul that was hell bent on ending her life. As she felt the Deithir’s hand begin to quiver indicating he wasn’t exactly up to strength yet, she knew they had to do something fast. Especially considering the way the Gorrinvul began to pour into the tunnel the pool formed in.

When Tiphereth told him she needed to take a deep breath, Jin tried to protest but she barely uttered a sound when she realized what the bard was doing. At the last possible second she took as much air as her lungs would allow her. As the water rushed around her body, Jin felt the cooling, cleansing effect it had upon her body. Like her Deithir friend opened her eyes and allowed the water to wash away the spores. Her senses were coming back to her now and she would be forever grateful for his intervention.

Unfortunately, Jin had no strength to cast any more spells and as they swam deeper into the pool, she began to feel her air supply running out. She tried desperately to stay with Tiphereth even as he helped guide her along but all too soon her lungs began to burn as her body began breaking down the oxygen. She had just started to panic when Tiphereth grabbed her firmly and drew close to place his mouth over hers.

As the water rushed in and turned to air, Jin could immediately feel the cleansing effect it had upon her. The haze in her mind from the spores was lifting with each passing second and the burning sensation in her lungs quickly evaporated. As soon as Tiphereth gave her the precious element she needed to survive in this aquatic world, she saw for the first time the Gorrinvul behind them. Her red eyes grew wide and as Tiphereth gestured for her to get into the tunnel, she would have protested had it not been for the fact she knew she had no choice.

As she saw his hands begin to move as he started casting his spell, she glanced in the direction she needed to go before hesitating a moment longer and moving into the tunnel. As she swam through the narrowing cave she glanced behind her and saw what Tiphereth had done. It would at least give them the opportunity to reach the other side, if there was one, without fear of the horde gaining on them.

Unfortunately, Jin was still too weak to cast and before too long she had to stop and let Tiphereth give her some of the life saving element again. Once she had her lungs filled with the precious air she swam even faster this time in an effort to get to a place where the water receded and she could breathe on her own. The tunnel grew extremely narrow and for a moment, Jin thought they had reached a dead end but then, there was a small opening and she was able to make her way through it. It would be a tight fit for the Deithir, but he cold make it through. Just to make sure, Jin waited on the other side and when she saw his hands she reached down and grabbed pulling him the rest of the way.

The area opened up around them and instinctively they swam upwards. Kicking with all her strength, Jin could feel the burning returning to her lungs as her air supply began to dwindle once more. As soon as her face was free of the water, she sucked in all the air she could and began coughing immediately. Making her way over to the side of the pool, she slowly half dragged, half pulled herself from the water then dropped and rolled over on her back. Panting heavily and still coughing from time to time, she was still able to take in the air all around her as she lay on the earthen floor of where ever it was they ended up. Her white hair had come loose from the rawhide tie she used to keep it pulled away from her face and her damp locks splayed out behind her head like a halo.

As Tiphereth came up beside her, the Drowess looked over at him. The events of the Chlorus Cavern seemed like a dream veiled in fog. She remembered bits and pieces of things but she had no clear recollection of what really took place. What she DID remember was the way she had behaved when Tiphereth picked her up. She had done the one thing she had given him her word of honor she would never do. The deep regret she felt could be seen in her red eyes and when he looked at her, Jin turned her eyes away from him.

In the past she wouldn’t have given one iota what he thought about her actions but that was a lifetime ago. Literally. She was a different being now and the fact she’d so easily reverted to her past ways made her feel as though she had done the Deithir a great injustice. With her head turned the opposite side he was lying on from her, Jin spoke softly but knew he could hear her perfectly.

”I apologize, Tiphereth. I should have…..practiced more….restraint. I am truly…..sorry for tempting….you so wrongly.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next