Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:17 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind

No matter how graceful one was, a bipedal creature moving in a cramped space was a clumsy thing, but the Deither was able to compensate for this. Before they entered the tunnels he held his sword-staff before him and whispering a magical phrase, the weapon shrunk to that of a knife. A trick he do not use often, as reversing the spell was not so instantaneous. He then trailed behind the small Drowess in weightless manner, pushing himself off of the sides of the tunnel with his hands or feet, moving as if underwater.

He followed close behind the Drowess, never considering for one moment that he would attempt to guide them through this maze. While all was revealed to his Phaerie eyes, he was attuned to the perpetual black of woodlands rather than caverns and though the environments bore more similarities than differences, this was the Drow's realm. He could only hope to keep up and noiselessly follow so as not to betray her presence, a feat he was able to perform expertly.

The Phaerie saw the world in a similar fashion to Jin's spell, although with far less detail to the passing of others, what he saw was left more up to interpretation but there was no doubt which was the way to Kallus.

The Deithir nodded. "Lead the way cousin."

The passage continued its descent. A much taller one to the Phaerie's relief, and he wondered just how deep they would go as from, Ceolwulf's description it sounded as if they would have to journey to the center of the world itself to find the prophet. How many days they would remain in the underworld was unknown to him, but the enclosed darkness had little effect on the Deithir kind. It was natural for them to dwell in blackness, even though Tiphereth had been born and raised in an Aethiad world, much like the world of Men in this realm.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:29 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Monk

"I will keep the lantern at hand my friend, just in case." Augustine said to the Phariekin.

"I know you see more than I but keep your eyes open to this world and all others, be safe."

The druid set his eyes on the Drowess.
"Watch for our familiar enemies, they seem to be never too far behind us. I will remain with Brianna and help the horse masters in any way I can."

"Brianna on our journey here I saw many types of thistles and brambles, will you venture back outside with me to collect some of these weeds? If we can collect enough I think I can help to fortify the keep in a way that will surely slow the Gorrinvul in their approach.."

Augustine was walking as he spoke, he was looking for Sighere again, he needed the man to open the keep for a short time and let he and Brianna out.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:45 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Briann12Brianna nodded to Sighere after he'd told her who the great, black steed was, who he belonged to, and then introduced himself. He reminded her somewhat of Thorleif, the rider she'd admired from afar back at her village. Her green eyes turned sad once more as she wondered if even he was alive...knowing that more than likely he wasn't.

"He is a beautiful animal, m'lord. I had a steed in my village that was almost as grand. His skin was light colored while his mane and tail were dark. My father told me that he was a perfect steed for me....the dark Rohirrim."

Again, the smile that had started at the mention of her beloved horse disappeared at the mention of her adopted father who was no more.

When Augustine came in and greeted them, she simply nodded her head to him in respect. Then he mentioned meditation and she was puzzled. Her....meditate....why? She didn't feel the need to meditate, she felt the need to spill the walking dead's blood.

Leaving the stables with the two men, one warrior the other a monk, Brianna again thought of her village and it's demise. She so wanted to go somewhere to scream and cry out her grief and rage, but knew that would help noone right now, least of all her, so she kept her grief tightly held within her, just below the surface. As they stood before Tiphereth, Jin, Lac, and Ceowulf, she knew that Tiphereth and Jin were leaving to go hunting and as badly as she wanted to join them, she knew that she would only endanger them with her presence. When Jin gave her a brief embrace, Brianna returned it with her own then looked confused at the words she said to her.

She heard Augustine request that she accompany him to go gather thistles and brambles with him and again, was puzzled by this. But, she needed something to do and decided that helping the druid just might be what she needed right now.

"You will have to show me, Augustine, what it is you are looking for, but I will be happy to assist you."

She was walking with him as she spoke back to him, noticing that he was looking around for someone or something.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Halfling2

Hap was just dozing off, the reins of his faithful steed had slipped from his sleepy grip and were now dragging on the ground between his wagon and the beast pulling it. The halfling began to snore as the large brown pig pulling his wagon started to trot faster and faster. The pig had been waiting for a chance to run for hours and with his halfling master drifting off to dreamland his chance had come.

As the pig pulled the small wagon over the top off a small hill it came to a small dried out creek bed, the pig did not bother to slow down as it crossed the dry gully. The wagon bounced violently as it's wheels dropped into the dried clay, the snoozing halfling was launched from his small wooden bench. Hap turned head over heels as he flew from the wagon, his sudden landing on the dusty creek bed putting an end to his afternoon nap.

"I'll have more cake please..." The confused hobbit mumbled as he rolled from his belly to his back. The pig had stopped it's running and came around to the small being lying in the dirt and began to lick his face.

"Have we arrived at our destination?" Hap asked the pig as if it would answer. The pig snorted a bit and turned around to face the direction they were traveling again.

Hap dusted himself off, and climbed back into his tiny wagon. The hobbit took the reins in his hand again and gave them a gentle tug.

"Here we go now Fazz, that's a good boy, steady as she goes."
The pig began to walk again, slowly as always, biding it's time until the halfling chose to nap again.

Looking up at the darkening sky the hobbit was suddenly aware of the time.
"I do believe we will make the Gap of Rohan by next sunrise Fazz ol' boy."

The pig snorted his indifference as it pulled the wagon to the bottom of the hill and up to the top of the next one.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 am

Augustine walked with Brianna to the entrance of the keep, the soldiers had secured the massive wooden gate with a good deal of effort.

"I realize that the creatures are coming here, we only need a few moments outside to gather some needed provisions. You need not even close the door behind us, we would only be a few short moments."

The two men in the gilded helmets stared at the druid for a moment, their straight faces revealed nothing.

"Please, give us the time that I ask of you, it will be of great benefit when the Gorrinvul come."
Augustine stood his ground, hoping that the Rohirrim would trust his wisdom as a druid even though to these warriors he was a stranger.

After a few quiet moments the men relented and ordered the gate be lifted and Augustine and Brianna be let out.

Augustine walked quickly outside and began to look to the ground for his quarry.

"On our journey here I saw a breed of bramble growing, it is the color of ash with long black thorns. If we can gather a few handfuls I can do something good to help us fight these creatures."

"Make hast druid, we will wait only a few moments." One of the men said.

"Come Brianna, let's be quick about it."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Briann12Brianna said nothing as she helped Augustine look for the type of brambles he needed. She heard the guard and hurried her search when she spotted a large clump of it, about 25 yards from the gate.

"Here....here it is Augustine!"

She rushed over to it, carefully pulling the bramble from the ground, heedful of the thorns. She spotted a couple more plants nearby and carefully pulled those as well, quickly drawing her hand back as a large thorn was shoved deep into her palm. Her breath sucked in sharply as she grabbed the thorn and pulled it from her palm, blood welling up from the puncture wound. Rubbing her palm on her pant leg, she made her way over to Augustine, carefully holding the 3 plants.

"Will this be enough?"
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:28 am

"That will do fine," Augustine said. He had found a few small vines of the tough plant also and was holding them carefully.

"We need something to help them grow when the time comes."

Augustine looked at Brianna, her long dark hair was stirring in the slight breeze. That was the answer, her dark hair, something that she had learned to be ashamed of might now make all the difference.

'Your hair, cut or pull several long strands, we will make several small bundles of the plants and tie them with your hair."

The druid set his small pile of the plants down and separated them into two smaller piles.

"Tie the bundles up, then we will place them all around the front of the keep."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:38 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Briann12Brianna looked puzzled at the monk's request about her hair, but did as he asked, taking her dagger and bending over, flipping her head over. By feel only, she grabbed a small handful of her thick hair and cut it, enough strands to tie off the small bundles and yet not enough for anyone to notice that she is missing some hair underneath the thick mass. She begins to tie off the bundles as Augustine instructed. She then followed Augustine's instructions and placed the bundles she held where he told her to. Once they were finished, she looked away from the keep, wondering how much time they had before the Gorrinvul reached them.

"Is this all, Augustine or is there more we can do?"
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:59 am

"We have done enough for now, it is time to get back inside."

The druid walked quickly back to the soldiers, they called to one another and began the process of lowering the gate and sealing the keep again.

"You've made magic today Brianna, your hair holds a kind of power, a power we will use against your enemies when they come."

Augustine was not aware that the Gurrinvul would be so desperately attracted to the scent of the warrior woman's hair, this would just be an incidental benefit when the time came. But Augustine was aware that having Brianna help with these tasks would only make the magic all the more potent.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:17 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Briann12Brianna didn't understand what the monk meant about her hair holding a power, but she accepted it as it came from him, a trusted monk and one she'd begun to respect.

"If you have need of me, Augustine I will be in the stables for a short while."

Brianna walked back to the stables, knowing there wasn't much time. She needed to calm herself for the upcoming battle. It would do her no good to be filled with so much rage before she faced these demons...that would cause her to make mistakes.

She enters the stables and heads to Ceowulf's black steed again. He whinnies at her as she draws near, his head over the half door of the tall. As she comes closer his massive head bobs up and down as if he's happy to see her.

"Hi beautiful. Not much longer now and there will be a battle. You keep yourself and your friends safe okay."

Standing there, her head resting against the horse's, she felt a few tears escape and slide down her cheeks. She quickly and angrily wiped them away. Now wasn't the time for that. Now was the time to kill as many of them as she possibly could.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Gorrinvul

An eerie mist drifted across the plains. A low crawling cloud of fog only a few feet from the ground stirred about the legs of the undead horses. The Gorrinvul, continued their search, following the deep gorge westward it was only a matter of time before they discovered the bridge and beyond it the keep. Murky eyes stayed on the ground in the manner of the blind for beyond the distance of a stone's throw, they saw next to nothing. The major sense of the undead creatures was smell, and already they had detected the faint odor of men wafting from the west

Sixty strong, the scouting party was but a fraction of the entire army, but they still greatly out numbered the defenders of the keep three to one. As they approached, they blew a haunting horn, announcing their presence and to strike fear into the hearts of their enemy.

As the druid and woman gathered herbs before the walls of the keep, they could hear the horn though they could not yet see the Gorrinvul. Only a strange mist washed across the ground and poured over the bridge toward the gate, but all knew what followed it.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am

Lac had climbed to the ramparts and was directing the Rohiriam warriors in the placement of the fires and and positioning of the archers. Asd he walked along among the men he was giving soft words of encouragement. A young warrior of not much more than seventeen summers was standing looking at his sword and glancing warily across the battlements to the fields beyound. The sound of a distant horn drifted across the field and lac saw the fear cross the young warriors face. "What is your name Rohirium?" Lac asked.

The young warrior looked over at Lac'Nala and said softly "I am Elogart son of Heramiel, my Lord Lac'Nala. Some of the men say we will not last the night .... the say hope has left our lands."

"Give me your sword Elogart." Lac said

Elogart handed Lac his sword. Lac held the sword high, examining the blade, he then swung it, spinning the sword easily and rapidy, cuting figure eights in the air. He then looked at the young warrior and said "This is a good sword." Handing it back to the young man, Lac rested his hand on the young man's shoulder and said "There is always hope, Elogart Son of Heramiel. You shall wield this blade well, live to see your foes vanquished and many bright to days arise."

Lac then walked further down the rampart giving instrutions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:06 pm

"The mist! They come now, inside quickly!"

Augustine entered the keep, the gate was already being lowered, the druid and Brianna slipped inside as the massive door was put back in place. Many Rohirrim were scrambling around, some would stay near the entrance to the keep, others were climbing up to the ramparts in preparation of the battle to come.

"There are fifty or more." One golden haired warrior yelled from his post.

Lac'Nala was moving among the warriors, there were so few of them in the keep, the Rohirrim were outnumbered, their faces grim. The half Elf prince was offering encouragement to some of the younger men, they did their best to push their fear away and readied themselves for battle.

"When the creatures are close we will have our turn." The druid said to Brianna.

"You will have a measure of your vengeance today Brianna."

Augustine walked to Lac'Nala.
"Ask the men to hold until the Gorrinvul are very close, almost at the gates of the keep."

Augustine then went and climbed to the next level so that he could view the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:51 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Briann12Brianna thought about what Augustine had said about her getting her vengeance and soon. She stroked the big black's muzzle, laying her forehead against his.

"Stay safe, m'lord.....guard you subjects in here well."

She turned and walked out of the stable heading toward the ramparts. Once on top, she grabbed a bow and arrows on her way up, smiling chillingly to the young warrior who looked puzzling at her. Once up there, she quickly picked her position, her thoughts becoming calm for the upcoming battle. She watched the mist come closer and closer and then she saw them and their horses. Ugly creatures.....and the stench that proceeded them was horrid. She drew her bow, arrow notched and waited. When Lac yelled for the archers to fire, she did so with supreme precision, her first arrow flying smoothly through a gray head, entering through the eye. When the Gorrinvul did not fall, Brianna cursed drawing another arrow, this time aiming for the throat. Her target hit and black blood poured from the wound. Within seconds, the Gorrinvul fell.

She fired again and again, yet only a few fell. When she saw the whole party her eyes became harder than they already were. The outnumbered them 3 to 1, but she would be damned if the odds were going to remain that way. She only hoped that Jin and Tiphereth were having more luck than they were. She also hoped that Augustine, Orthargren, and Lac were doing okay. She spotted Sighere, but saw that he was faring well. Turning back to her foes, she fired again.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Sighere_sabertson

Laughing, Sighere loosed an arrow into a gang of the vile undead horsemen as they rode swiftly along the western wall. The Gorrinvul diverged at the gates, splitting into three groups. Thirty or so rode directly for the gates, while the others split evenly and rose along the outer walls, obviously seeking a weakness or some way to by pass them. Sighere narrowed his eyes, curious as to what the Gorrinvul would gain by dividing their forces. Leaning over the crenulations and loosing another arrow, the Rohirrim warrior's attention was drawn by the horrid sound of meat and bone slamming into the portcullis. The undead beast's whinnies were as disturbing as any living horses as they were driven hard into the gateway and used as battering rams. The portcullis buckled, but did not break and those riders that had sacrificed their mounts began to scale the portcullis, quickly climbing up the ladder-like bars with alarming dexterity and speed.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Othargren

Upon the eastern wall, Orthargren stood aside six Rohirrim archers, attempting to strike the fast moving targets as they rode by. They struck nothing, as their skills lied with sword, shield and lance, and the Gorrinvul, like those riding along the western wall followed it to where the bastion met the mountain. There, in the undefended corners the Gorrinvul produced ladders which there tight formation had been obscuring. On the both the eastern and western walls the same scene was taking place. Three, of the Wights dismounted and began to bind together the three separate ladders they had carried, while the other twelve produced bows and flaming arrows. Simultaneously on both side of the keep, a volley of fiery missiles arched over the walls spread their flames across the buildings within.

Orthagren ran as fast as his stumpy legs would carry him to the far end of the wall and Sighere was doing the same on the other side. They had to make sure the Gorrinvul did not have an opportunity to use the ladders and scale the walls. If even a few of them managed to get in they might try and make it to the gate and open it for the others.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Ceolwulf_raegenharr

From his vantage point, upon one of the two towers that flanked the gateway, Ceolwulf studied the attack formation of these vile creatures and knew then that they were far from mindless undead monsters. They're movements were deliberate, and attacked the keep as if they had been planning the campaign for days.

"You men, see to the fire!" The lord ordered some of the men who were standing watch over the gate, then he turned back to see that five of the Gorrinvul had somehow climbed up the portcullis and were preceding to pull themselves over the wall!

"They are breaching the wall!" Shouted down Cleowulf before he ran to the stairs. He descended the tower as fast as he could, but the five Gorrinvul were already climbing over the crenulations of the north wall.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Gorrinvul
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:57 am

30 of the white eyed creatures were riding for the gate, they moved swiftly and deliberately, Augustine was surprised to see how quickly they moved and how well they rode their gruesome steeds. They did not appear to be mindless hulks like some undead the druid had read about in his studies at the monastery.

Augustine waited until the large group of the wights were centered over where he and Briana had tied their bundles. When they reached that point the druid waved a hand and the brambles began to grow. The small vines began to twist and slither on the ground growing much longer and larger than their original size. The bundles grew quickly, and spread out in all directions, long razor sharp thorns covered the entire length of the vines, as the plants grew the thorns were reaching lengths of a foot or more.

The bundles grew so quickly that they appeared to be attacking the mass of undead riders, the long black thorns pierced the flesh of the Gorinnvul and their ghastly horses. 3 or 4 of the creatures were torn to bits as the tentacles of the growing plants twisted and turned on the ground. Another 4 or 5 creatures were crucified on the thorns, the hard black spikes piercing their decaying limbs and bodies holding them fast. These creatures and their mounts struggled to get loose but were lashed tight by vine and thorns, they groaned and howled in anger as they were pushed along the ground by the writhing and growing vines.

The druid's spell had not run it's full course yet, the brambles continued to grow, the thick gray vines spilled from ground and ran like water across the front of the keep making it difficult for anyone or anything to make for the gate.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:09 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Newjin

Jin turned to the right and led the way through the tunnel. Normally she would have gone on a much more cautious pace but time dictated they speed up a little to reach the ancient Drowess, Kallus. Still, there was no need to throw caution completely to the wind and as Jin led them through the tnnel, she was constantly vigilant of her surroundings.

The smell of fresh earth, the uncanny warmth along with the close ceiling made her feel a little homesick. It had been a while since she last ventured to her home city and even then it was with a heavy heart she did so. Taking ones Mother and siblings to the Drow burial grounds was something she really didn’t want to do but she was bound by both duty and honor to complete the task. Even now the memory of her last visit brought her heartache.

Pushing the pain of her past aside, Jin set her mind to the task she had at hand now. They were just coming to another gap in the tunnels when the Drowess stop so suddenly, Tiphereth had no choice but to run into her. Little did he know it was exactly what she wanted to happen for when they collided, Jin was able to brace herself enough to prevent them from moving forward. Knowing Tiphereth was very confused by her actions, she merely pointed down. When the Pharie looked down, he would see a large gap in the floor of the tunnel.

The ancient prohestess was full of trickery. Jin admired that in her. While it looked as though the foot steps never stopped, it was clear to her now as she looked at them, they were different than the rest. The spell upon the tunnel used the pattern of footprints to copy them over the gap to make it look like nothing was wrong. But upon closer inspection, the copied foot prints were slightly different in color than the real ones.

The gap was every bit 30 feet wide and as Jin looked around, she couldn’t find anything she could use to either loop a rope around it anchor a grappling hook onto. Furrowing her brows, she was about to curse her luck when she glanced at Tiphereth. Blinking, she realized the answer to the dilemma was standing right there with her. Literally. Grinning, she thumbed towards the gap then spoke to the Pharie.

”Think you would have the strength to carry me over this gap? If not, jump over and I’ll throw a rope to you so I can make it over.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:48 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Jalisa1

Jalisa emerged from the stables and decided to find a place she would be more or less out of the way but able to see what was happening. Breathing a sigh of relief as Tiphereth and the Drowess were sent to seek out the Gorrinvul nesting place, Jalisa was able to do what she could to help these brave warrior peoples.

As she heard the horn of the Gorrinvul as they announced their arrival, Jalisa quickly scaled a ladder to the wall that overlooked the bridge. As she saw the creatures approach then divide, she furrowed her brows yet again. These were no mindless creatures who were merely seeking the fresh meat on the other side of the walls. It was almost as if they had knowledge of this place and were looking for a way to get in. Or find where the weakest point of protection were. That’s when it dawned on Jalisa and she blinked as her jaw went slack.

”By the Gods…..they’re being guided by something that knows this place.”

Her whispered words fell on deaf ears when she heard Ceolwulf declare the walls had been breached. Seeing most of the attention was given the creatures that had already breeched the walls, Jalisa headed for a group that were making their way to the left side of the keep. Seeing the creatures look for weakness in the structure only to sacrifice their mounts as the others had, Jalisa looked around quickly for something to aid her. Seeing a torch, she quickly gathered it and looked around to make sure no one was paying attention to her. Holding the torch before her as she leaned over where the Gorrinvul were attempting to climb the wall, she spoke some strange language, her eyes glowed red and from her mouth a strange liquid spewed forth. The instant it hit the flame of the torch it erupted into a fire that shot forth as though it were a dragon’s deadly fire weapon.

It lasted for only a few seconds but it was enough time to ignite the climbing Gorrinvul into a heaping pile of burning bodies. Dropping the torch onto the bodies then looking around again quickly, her eyes faded from red to blue once more and she looked to see where she might be of assistance elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:54 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Sighere_sabertson

A bright flash erupted in the corner of Sighere's eye but he had little time to take note of its origin. He did not even realize that Jalisa has scaled the wall behind he and the other Rohirrim who were running to the back of the wall where the Gorrinvul were assembling their ladder. These undead monstrosities were able to climb like squirrels and once they had a ladder beneath them, their ascent would be swift.

"Stay low lads!" Ordered Sighere as he ducked low, using the crenulations to avoid the deadly flaming arrows as the flashed by with surprising accuracy. How could these mindless creatures be so skillful!

The Gorrinvul set the ladder and literally ran up the rungs, hardly placing a hand down between steps. By the time Sighere reached the area where they had set the ladder, one was already upon the wall. The lieutenant had thought to push the ladder away, but the creatures had moored it low upon the wall and jumping the last six feet or so to the top of the wall. Even if he could reach it, the Gorrinvul guard prevented an such act. The creature snarled and brandished a great axe at the Rohirrim, then it let loose a horrid howl, black ooze dripping from from bestial maw.

"Rohan!" Cried Sighere as he thrust his heavy broadsword toward the Gorrinvul's belly, but it leapt high and over the warrior, volleying over the blade. Pivoting in the air, it swung savagely, cleaving in half the head of another charging warrior before it landed and leapt from the wall down into the courtyard below. The fall was too great for the Rohirrim to follow, but as the creature melted into the shadows below, others flew up the ladder brandishing sword and axe.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Othargren

Upon the eastern wall, Othargren and his band of Rohirrim were dealing with their own breach. The Gorrinvul had ascended their ladder fleetly and the Dwarf and ten warriors stood against twelve of the vile creatures. They met them head on, the Dwarf leading the charge, but only five of the Gorrinvul stood against them on the narrow rampart, while the rest leapt to the ground below. Now at least of eight of the creatures were within the keep, free to wreak havoc while all the Rohirrim were either defending the walls or beating down the fires sparked by the flaming arrows.

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Ceolwulf_raegenharr

Ceolwulf put his sword to those Gorrinvul that had avoided the druid's brambles and scaled the portcullis. He fought like a lion against the jackals and even the midst battle his eyes caught sight of those Gorrinvul that descended into the keep.

"Lac'Nal!" Ceolwulf screamed, "They are within the keep!"

The Gorrinvul moved with purpose and the Rohirrim Lord and his men could not abandon their post. It was up to the ranger and a handful of Rohirrm to seek out and destroy those that had scurried over the walls.

Far away from the battle, deep within the earth, the Phaerie and Drowess dealt with what no doubt was only the first of many traps set by the prophet, Kallus. Though this first test was not deadly to his kind it made Sorrelwind wary of the dangers that awaited them in the dark depths of her realm. Fortunately, Jin and been prepared for her trickery.

Sorrelwind watched Jin curiously as she stared at the gap. Naturally for him it was not really an obstacle and it did not immediately occur to him that she had been pondering how to traverse it until she requested his assistance. Looking out across the black pit the Deithir was hesitant. There was no question that he could leap across with the light Elflynn but he paused, considering if it were noble to lay the rope rather then place his hands upon her.

The Phaerie ever strived to honour the ways of others. He knew of them of course, and knew them well since he had grown up in an Aethiad society, but in time he embraced his heritage and gave into the nature of his kind. The boundaries set by relationships were quite foreign to Phaerie-kind and while deep down he admired the devotion shared between Jin and Lac'Nal, he struggled to understand what was appropriate and what was not. He would find it extremely difficult to try and explain his strange world to her, in fact, he had found that many were quite offended if compared. Still, he really did not see the harm in a brief embrace and grasping her tiny waist pulled her tight against his muscular frame.

"I beg your pardon." He apologized, "Hold tight."

Standing on the edge of the gap, the Deithir bent his legs and leaned forward, falling into the blackness. At that point then when they were weightless, he pushed hard and propelled them both through the air. They glided across, and Jin had the sensation as if she were flying, then as as they neared the other side, the Phaerie thrust a foot forward and softly landed, placing her down in one smooth motion.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 pm

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Jalisa1

Jalisa cursed beneath her breath as she saw the skill and swiftness the Gorrinvul used to scale the walls. It was like they had become one with squirrels and the like. She detested these creatures even more. AS she watched Sighere charge forward only to see the Gorrinvul leap over him and make it’s way into the keep, she looked over the edge of the wall and followed where it went. While the human eye would have trouble seeing it, Jalisa had no trouble at all. Looking back at Sighere, she yelled at him in his own language to make sure he fully understood what she was saying. Letting him know she knew his language was a risk she decided to take.

”I’ll find it and make sure it doesn’t get the chance to do any more harm! Stay here and hold the wall as best you can! If any more make it into the bailey, yell my name, I am Jalisa!”

Without waiting for any confirmation from the horse warrior he heard or understood what she said, Jalisa quickly shimmied down the ladder and quickly picked up on the Gorrinvul’s trail. The damn thing was quick, that much was certain. Something she wasn’t prepared for and she wondered if any of the others were as taken aback by their movements as she was.

When she picked up the trail of the Gorrinvul she found it was attempting to open doors in different areas. For a short period of time she watched the thing with a morbid curiosity. When it headed for the same door she saw Tiphereth and Jin had taken when the threat of the creatures was first announced she furrowed her brows. The disguised dragoness wondered why it seemed to be searching for a door and then she remembered the conversation Ceolwulf had with Lac’Nala. The things were thought to hibernate during the daylight hours and it was deducted they did so underground. The Drowess and Pharie slipped through that door not an hour before.

Her dark brows rose as she realized what it was trying to do. Knowing she had precious little time to act, Jalisa took off running as fast as her humanoid legs would let her towards the Gorrinvul. Colliding with the creature and both of them tumbling like a couple of rag dolls, Jalisa quickly rolled to her feet and crouched. The creature was just as nimble as she was and was back on its feet and charging her. From her fingertips, elongated fingernails grew to razor sharp talons that looked to be miniature versions of the ones she usually sported. Once again the two charged at each other and as the beast brought his sword up for a deadly chop, Jalisa ducked low and slashed at his now exposed abdomen. Black ooze spurted from the rips she did to his decaying flesh but the thing was only temporarily stunned.

Furrowing her brows, Jalisa shook her head in disgust.

”Determined bastard, aren’t you?”

As if to answer her question, the beast charged once more, only not as quickly. Not to disappoint his effort, Jalisa took off towards him again and, like he had done previously when he leapt over Sighere, Jalisa jumped high, higher than humanly possible, well out of the reach of his blade, and landed perfectly behind him, facing his back. As the thing stopped suddenly trying to figure out what happened, Jalisa struck. Her arms crossed her chest and as she quickly uncrossed her arms, her taloned fingers beheaded the beast as efficient as any blade. The foul creature fell to the ground and began the process of decaying.

Glancing around quickly to see if anyone saw what she did, she saw Sighere looking in her direction but she doubted he saw anything as the area she was fighting in was rather dark. With any luck, she would be able to continue to do small things like this to hold off this determined raiding party until morning…or they killed all of the creatures first.

Just when she was thinking of heading back to the wall, she saw more of the Gorrinvul jump into the bailey and knew she was about to have her hands full. If nothing else, she would remain here to prevent them from getting to that door they all seemed so damned determined to get open.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Jin watched Tiphereth and wondered what he seemed to be contemplating when she asked him about making it over the gap with her. When he finally made up his mind and took her by the waist, securing her tight against his frame, then apologized, she couldn’t help but chuckle softly. It appeared her Deithir friend was having an issue with either being very close to her or touching her.

As Tiphereth leapt into the air and floated the divide, Jin actually closed her eyes. It was very similar to her feather fall spell and she always loved using that spell when the right situation called for it. To be able to share it with someone who understood what it felt like, she couldn’t help but smile. As Tiphereth landed gently on the other side and placed her feet on the earthen floor once more, Jin stepped away then looked up at him, tilting her head slightly as she grinned.

”I feel as though I should tell you, Tiphereth, I am not offended nor do I mind the contact we will no doubt have to have with each other in the future. Do not hesitate. I am not the type to miss an opportunity to be close to a male body. Especially one as fit as yours. So by all means, if you have to touch me in the future, do not wait for or ask permission.”

Seeing the look that crossed Tiphereth’s face Jin laughed softly and touched his upper arm gently, shaking her head.

”You need a female companion. I shall do all I can to find oyou one as son as you have time to share with her.”

Without explaining, Jin turned and once more headed into the tunnel. This time, though, she was going just a touch slower and it was obvious her senses were on a much higher alert than they had been before. Her foot falls were as silent as Tiphereth’s, making sure they made no sound as they moved onward. It wasn’t long before they came to the next little trap the prophet had in place. The tunnel was suddenly filled with cob webs. Thousands of them. As Jin studied the intricate patterns of the webs, she furrowed her brows. Finally she crouched down and picked up a small pebble and tossed it towards the center of the webs. The instant the pebble touched the webs, hundreds of spiders appeared from seemingly nowhere to descend on their prey.

The spiders were quite large (about the size of a tarantula) and from their exposed fangs, Jin heard the acid like venom sizzle as it dripped to the ground below. Eight glowing, beady, red eyes on each spider seemed to look at the intruders. Furrowing her brows, Jin looked to Tiphereth.

”These are no ordinary spiders, Tiphereth. They are a form of carrion feeders. We use them in the cities of the Drow all the time. They help dispose of any trash….or dead bodies….we have. They are efficient little devils and are relentless in their task. The venom in their fangs is a tissue and bone dissolving acid. It’s quite painful if one bites you and one is all it takes to dispose of you. Just one bite fuses with the tissue in your body and turns the living tissue into a dead, liquid like substance they can suck up and digest. Even bones are no obstacle for these things.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:00 am

Sorrelwind did not really know how to respond to Jin's comment. In fact it had been some time since he had known the delights of female companionship but he had not really considered it until that moment and in doing so a flood gate of memories burst open. Another life, spilled into his mind, one that had always remained safely repressed until his task was complete, but the Drowess had unintentionally broke the seal. It was, however, no time for reminiscing and the Deithir thrust the recollections back to where they were hid and continued on closely behind, Jin.

At first sight of the webs, Sorrelwind recoiled. It was plainly evident by his body language that the Deithir despised spiders and leaped back a ways when the Drowess caused the lot of them to expose themselves. Inching back slowly he listened intently to, Jin's description a subtle but unmistakable look of disgust appearing upon his face.

The passage was impassible and the first thought that came to the Deithir's mind was to burn them out and were he alone he would most likely call upon the element of fire to clear the tunnel. The Drowess, however, was experienced with the disgusting vermin and he would rely upon her judgement in this matter. So long as he did not have to go near the creatures he was fine with whatever she decided and the quicker the better.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 am

Standing on the pairapet, Lac watched as the Rohirian's prepared the fires and poilished their shield to a high sheen. As the Gorrinvu warriors set their ladders and began to climb, Lac raised his sword 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Lacblu10 and shouted to the Rohirians.
"Mannskapur af Rohan ÉG sjá af þinn augsýn the ótti þessi vildi orsök mig til snúa burt. En ÉG segja til þú það vilja ekki vera this dagur. There mega vera a dagur hvenær the af the Rohirian skjögra og þeir leyfi this land til dimma. En það vilja ekki vera this dagur! THIS DAGUR VIÐ Standa! FYRIR ROHAN. FYRIR ÞÚ SAMLANDI OG FJÖLSKYLDU- ÞESSI HAFA DIED. FYRIR ALLUR ÞINN ÞAÐ AÐ VERA SONUR OG DÓTTIR ÞESSI VILJA KOMA EFTIR Á Þú. SNÚA ÞINN SKJÖLDUR TIL THE ARINN AF ROHAN OG KOMA MEÐ THE LJÓS AF ROHAN Á ÞESSIR SKEPNA. SENDA ÞÁ BAK TIL THE HYLDÝPI FRÁ HVER ÞEIR Úlfaldi!!!!!!!!!!! FYRIR Frelsi. FYRIR Dýrð. FYRIR ROHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ( Translation: "Men of Rohan I see in your eyes the fear that would cause me to turn away. But I say to you it will not be this day. There may be a day when the hearts of the Rohirian falter and they leave this land to darkness ...... But it will not be this day! THIS DAY WE STAND! FOR ROHAN.......FOR YOU COUNTRYMEN AND FAMILIES THAT HAVE DIED .......... FOR ALL YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS THAT WILL COME AFTER YOU ..... TURN YOUR SHIELDS TO THE FIRES OF ROHAN AND BRING THE LIGHT OF ROHAN ON THESE BEASTS .........SEND THEM BACK TO THE ABYSS FROM WHICH THEY CAME!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FREEDOM .......... FOR GLORY ......... FOR ROHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Lac8810
The warriors turned their shield and refected the light upon the walls of the surround, the light bouncing from the fires to the polished shield then reflected upon more shields intensifing in strength until the beams of light fell upon the Gorrinvu causing the creatures to burn and smolder into ash.
As the Gorrinvu fell burning amd smoking from the ladder some of the Rohirian pushed the laders over. Looking down Lac those Gorrinvu still on the ground advancing, raise their shield above their heads giving the protection from the light.
Lac shouted "BOGAMAÐUR OG SPJÓT TIL THE VEGGUR!" (Translation: Archers and lances to the walls")
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 am

Jin noted Tiphereth’s response to the webs and spiders. He had never shown such a dislike for anything before like he did these creatures. A curious reaction to say the least and perhaps she would find out more about why at another time. For now, she had to try and get rid of these things as quickly as she could. She didn’t want to destroy them as they served a needy purpose not to mention she wanted to respect the ancient Drowess’ sanctity. It was considered disrespectful for her kind to destroy the safe guards ones like Kallus have put in place.

Jin stood and debated for a few more minutes as she thought on exactly how to handle this situation. Time was of the essence and while it would have been very easy for her to send a fire ball down through the tunnel and clear the path for them, she wanted to let that remain the very last course of action she would take. She couldn’t cast a spell on Tiphereth for fear of possible adverse affects the spell could have on the Deithir. She would have to do something that didn’t include using her magic on him.

Knowing there was a way for Kallus to get past these creatures, Jin stepped back a few feet and studied the situation. A slow smile finally began to form on her lips and she looked at Tiphereth grinning once again before turning back to the webs. Holding her hands before her, Jin spoke in her native language. The clipped, sharp words were spoken in such a way it sounded almost as if she were singing them instead. Slowly the webs began to glow and slowly, from the center, they began to be pushed open as a hole began to form in the webs. The spiders were upset at the disruption but for some reason, they were unable to get to the prey they could see. Turning to look at Tiphereth with red glowing eyes, Jin spoke in a slightly strained voice.

”Stay low with me and move quickly. The opening will last long enough for us to pass through the webs. The spiders are unable to reach us as the spell has placed a protective barrier between them and us. Once we pass through, the webs will return and the spiders will be quite agitated.”

Jin moved forward into the hole that had formed as an opening in the webs. She made the hole as big as she could for Tiphereth’s sake but the Deithir would still need to duck a little. As they moved carefully through the webs, the spiders tried, in vein, to reach the figures moving through their intricate threads. As soon as they passed through the webs, the hole would close up behind them making it impossible for them to turn around and go back. They had no choice but to follow Jin’s way through the deadly homes of the arachnid creatures.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Halfling2

Hap slowed his small wagon to a halt, the sun was rising and the Hobbit was looking out onto a small lake, the water was calm and the early sun made the water appear the color of copper.

"I do believe we'll make camp here Fazz." The small being called to his trusty steed. Hap Halfstump was a master fisherman (at least among Hobbits) and his favorite place to do so was far from any Hobbit shire, his favorite spots to catch fish were in the many small lakes and ponds that dotted the foothills all about the Gap of Rohan.

Many times Hap had returned home with adventurous tales of catching a lake fish as large as he was. Of course this was all in the telling, the Hobbit did not own the strength to catch a fish of this size and there was never any evidence to show his countrymen for he had always eaten his trophies. Hap looked out onto the sheet of orange-copper in front of him, the lake was as smooth as glass, intermittently disturbed by the plentiful fish of the lake breaking the waters surface to feast on insects.

"This is a fine spot, soon we will feast on fresh trout." The hobbit climbed down from his small bench and walked to the rear of his wagon and pulled out his tiny fishing pole and a small pouch that contained his lures.

"I'm sorry Fazz my boy, I've forgotten about you haven't I?" The halfling shouldered his cane pole and walked back to the front of the wagon. Hap began to fiddle with the harness that held the big brown pig to the wagon. After a few moments the pig was loose and immediately broke into a run. The fiesty animal was dragging the harness as it ran, the hobbit's feet became tangled in the straps and was soon being dragged behind the animal.

"I can't very well catch our breakfast as this rate." The hobbit sighed as he was sliding through the grass and soil around the lake. A few seconds into the pig's run the hobbit came loose from the straps and sat up in the dirt.

"My lures...where have they gone?" Hap said as he spat out a mouthful of dirt. The halfling was checking his many pockets in his coat, sure enough the lures had fallen out. The hobbit got to his feet and started to retrace his steps, which was easy enough for there was a noticable hobbit sized groove in the soil that stretched for 20 or so feet behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM   3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3. INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE ROHIRRIM
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next