Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 374df910Miranda had made it to the eagle head's rock in record time and headed into the secret passageway. She was still thinking about Braum and how he knew about the pass and what direction she was going in. It didn't make any sense. She would speak to the elders when she returned to base.

Making it through the pass, she came out on the other side to what looked like a magical forest. In the middle was a hidden cave and inside that cave was the Varden base. It would take her the rest of the day to make it to the hidden entrance of the cave and another hour to make it to the actual base once she had given the hidden sentries the secret signal.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 am

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Dragonknight

Morning came all too soon for Erik. As the light of day penetrated his room, he forced himself out of bed and to get dressed. Glancing at the doorway that separated his room from Shiloh’s he wondered if she was up and moving about like he was. Glancing at his face in the mirror he grimaced when he saw how tired he looked. The lack of rest the night before showed plainly on his face and in his puffy eyes.

Splashing some cold water from the wash basin on his face to help reduce the tiredness, Erik dried his face off with a towel then walked over to Shiloh’s door and knocked on the doorframe but didn’t look in. He dared not. He could still see what she looked last night when she took off her robe and got in bed and even now he would feel his pants growing tighter. Gritting his teeth, he closed his eyes and forced himself to think of anything but that. Last thing he needed was for her to see the effect she was having on him.

A signal sounded outside and Erik peeked out the windows to see Kryton standing at the commanders post knowing it was time for what ever this formal announcement was. Muttering under his breath, he yelled for Shiloh.

”Shi. We have to get out there now. Come on…let’s get a move on.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh had been up for some time when Erik banged on her door, telling her that they needed to get down to the yard for Kryton's formal announcement.

Walking over to the small mirror, Shiloh looked at herself, noticing the faint dark circles under her eyes. Sighing, she splashed cold water on her face, brushed out her hair until it shone then dressed in her beige tunic, black vest, tight pants, and black boots. She strapped her mother's sword to her side.

"I'll meet you in the hallway, Erik."

She didn't want to see him through adjoining door as she wasn't realy sure she'd be able to control herself after seeing his muscular chest last night. Taking a deep breath and letting it out, she stepped out into the hallway and ran into a couple of the other male riders.

Both riders, Malachi and Drew, looked Shiloh up and down appreciatively smiling at her. She gave both of them a small smile back, not wanting to seem rude and tried to walk past them, but they blocked her way.

"Now, why do you think Commander let you bunk in your old room adjacent to Erik's, Shiloh? Seems kind of odd to me, unless Erik is getting something that's being denied the rest of us."

Malachi nudges Drew in the ribs, chuckling.

"Maybe Mrs. Winston was right and she's a harlot like her mother was. Everybody knows that her and Kryton had the hots for each other."

Shiloh started to see red again, Sampson growling and baring his teeth at the two men. Taking a deep breath, not wanting to wind up in lockdown again, she once more tried to walk past them, getting a sharp swat on the ass as she did.

Turning swiftly, she had her sword and dagger both drawn, her sword at Malachi's throat and her dagger at Drew's crotch.

"Now, boys, unless you want to lose your ability to speak, Malachi, and you ability to reproduce Drew, I'd suggest you both keep your hands to yourselves as well as you comments about my mother. Do I make myself clear, gentlemen?"

Both men nodded, eyes wide as saucers when the door behind her opened up and she felt rather than saw Erik standing behind her. When she risked a glance at him, his icy blue gaze was focused on his two fellow riders.

"Don't worry about Erik, I've handled it. Let's just get out to the yard and find out what this announcement is that Kryton wants to give."

Releasing the two men, her and Sampson proceed to leave the building, taking their position in the aid's group, waiting for Kryton to speak.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Braum The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Brom11 hobbled uncerimoniously into the infirmary, immediately he was surronded by three healers and ushered to a table that served as an operating table. One of them shoved him down, another removed his boot and a third removed the bandage and ripped the leg of his trousers down to his foot. Examining the wound the second healer said digustingly "What is the foul thing that was put on this wound? Don't you know you could have gotten gangreen?" Braum immeditately sat up and slid off the table, grabbing his boot, shoving the healers aside.
"Take your hands off me, you pretenders to the healing arts. It is a only by the grace of the Gods, you have not killed more than you have saved. Do you know what the cost of a decent pair of leather trousers is? ..............GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" Braum growled, then sat back down and put on his boot. Standing and stomping his foot, he shoved a finger in the first healer's chest and growled "YOU! Get me an ounce ground Dragon Root, four teaspoon of Adder's tounge, four teaspoons of Leopard's Bane, a cup Ale Hoof and cup of Barberry. Get it now!" he shouted as he jabbed his finger in the healer's chest with each name. He then turned to the second healer, who stood with his mouth open. "YOU! Shut your damned mouth before a dragon flies into that hole in your face. Get me a pint of strong whiskey and a jug of wine!" He then turnes to the third healer and shouted "Get me some cat gut and a needle!" Braum glared at them as they all three stood there dumb struck.
"MOVE YOU IMBICELS, BEFORE I OPEN YOUR BELLIES AND FEED YOUR INTRIALS TO MY DRAGON!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 am

Erik stood where the Riders were located towards the back of the crowd. He didn’t particularly like when announcements like this were made plus he wanted to keep a close eye on Shiloh to make sure she wasn’t harassed anymore. As the masses gathered, Kryton stood with his dark gaze watching everyone come to stand with their attention focused upon him. In one of his meaty hands was a piece of parchment rolled up which meant what ever this announcement was it was going to be official.

Once the masses had quieted, Kryton unrolled the parchment and began reading the words written upon it. His booming voice easily reached all ears that listened and there was no doubt he was making sure everyone heard what he had to say.

“Be it known on this day the prohibition of fraternization between Dragon Rider and Dragon Rider Aid is hereby lifted. In order to maintain the presence of equality among the two groups, Riders and Aids will be allowed to stay in each others dorms as well as dine in each others mess halls. There will be no separation between the two groups from this day forth in an effort to bring the two groups closer together thus making their ability to work together even better. This executive order given by my hand. Commander Arthur Kryton.”

When he was done reading the parchment he rolled it back up and handed it to his aid then let his hard, piercing gaze settle on the crowd letting a moment of strained silence ease over the groups.

”I’ve seen a distinct attitude slowly creeping itself into this encampment and truth be told, it was my own doing. I thought I was doing a good thing by separating the two groups but it seems I’ve done more harm then good. Riders and Aids are supposed to work as a team. When one begins to think they’re better than the other, that’s when things start to grow sour. Riders may take to the sky’s on the mighty dragons but the Aids are the ones on the ground taking the brunt of the attacks from the Lizonians and Urgals. No one in this camp is better than anyone else. I’m your Commander but I’m also a Rider. Because of my arrogance thinking I was better than my aid, I let her get killed. I’ll not let that happen to another Rider and Aid as long as I can help it. With that said, I’ll caution all of you. I’m not giving permission for a brothel to form under my command either. I’m not as blind as you think I am. I know some of you are already in relationships while others have restrained themselves. While this order allows you to pursue your personal relationships as well, you will do so without acting like hormonal teenagers. You’re all trained adults. You will act like it.”

With one last meaningful look at the gathered masses, he gave them all their dismissal.

”DISMISSED!”

As Erik listened to what the commander said, he couldn’t believe his ears. A small gust of wind could have knocked him down. While outwardly his expression was unreadable, inwardly he was just as confused as the rest of the riders and aids appeared to be.

Erik knew, like Kryton did, there were already some riders and aids in relationships but they kept it very quiet in order to keep from being transferred. So now that the ban was lifted, they could now freely pursue their relationship openly. Maybe even he and Shiloh could…..

He quickly stopped himself from letting those thoughts enter his mind. He couldn’t risk getting that close to her. Every time he got that close to someone, they were killed. No. Erik thought it best he just keep things the way they were between them. While he had feelings for her, he dared not act on them or let her know anything else. With the way things were before, he cold keep her at arms length using that as an excuse, but now….what the hell was he going to do now? The only answer he could come up with was to treat her as a fellow professional. The end result would be far better than the end result if he got too close to her.

As the crowd began to disperse, Erik saw many a smiling face and knew the commander’s order was well received. His eyes scanned the crowd for Shiloh and when his eyes landed on her, he didn’t let the gaze linger too long. With a small nod, he turned and headed back towards the dorms.

He was on his way back when he heard one hell of a ruckus coming from the healers building and when he poked his head in to see what was going on, he saw Braum sewing his wound up himself and each time a healer would get close to offer assistance the man would growl and bark hatefully at the frightened healer. Furrowing his brow Erik stepped in more and spoke above the commotion in his commanding voice.

”What’s going on in here”

The healers startled and whirled around looking at Erik with frightened gazes. Finally one of them came rushing forward.

”Sir Jordon…the man has lost his mind. He won’t let any of us touch him. He insists on sewing his own wound up!”

Erik glared at Braum as he spoke with the healer.

”Let him handle his own self. That way, if he looses his leg he can’t blame you for it.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh looked around her after Kryton's formal announcement, not knowing what to think. She saw the smiles within a few moments of everyone being dismissed and was somewhat glad for the others. Then she saw Erik, smiled at him only to recieve a small nod and him walking away from her. Her brows furrowed as she felt somewhat rejected.

Following him, her and Sampson stopped as she heard Braum growling and hollering from the infirmary. She couldn't stop the smile from splitting her face, thinking about the older man and his crotchety ways.

When she saw Erik coming out, she walked up behind him, grabbing his arm.

"Erik, wait a minute. What Kryton said, it's good news, isn't it? I mean, we can.......well.......we don't have to pretend that our feelings aren't there. We can see where they will go now."

When Shiloh saw the look in his eyes, his face unreadable, she was more confused than ever. Then he mentioned that they should still keep their relationship strictly professional, that acting on their feelings could be devastating for the both of them.

Shiloh couldn't believe her ears nor could she believe that these words were coming from Erik's mouth, but seeing his face looking as if it were set in stone, she knew that he was serious.

"I see. If that's the way you feel, then I will gather my things and move back to the aids' dorm, where I belong."

Erik mentioned Kryton and his orders for her to reside in the room adjacent to his and all Shiloh did was give him a laugh filled with hurt.

"I don't care what Kryton says. I will not stay in that room, close to you, when you want to keep us completely professional. I will get my things gathered together so that when we're done training for the day I can just pick them up and leave."

Her gray eyes had turned stormy filled with hurt and anger, her cheeks somewhat flushed from her temper. Turning away from him so that he could not see how hurt she was, she started walking towards the training arena, Sampson walking over to Erik and nudging his hand, giving him a whine.

"Sampson!! Leave Rider Erik be and get over here! We wouldn't want to act less than professional."

One eyebrow raised, she looks at Erik over her shoulder, her eyes shooting daggers at him.

"Well, are you coming to train me or not, Rider Erik? I shouldn't need to much training as my mother took it upon herself to train me before she died. Just let me go to my room, pack my things and grab my crossbow and arrows. I will meet you at the training arena."

She turned around, her eyes hidden from his view as they became shiny with tears, storming back to the room. Once there, Sampson followed her inside as she threw her belongings once more, into her small bag, cursing and crying at the same time. She was becoming extremely tired of this back and forth and sincerely wished that Kryton would just transfer her. But, she'd already requested it twice and both times he'd turned her down.

Once done, she grabbed her mother's beautiful ebony crossbow, protective runes and celtic symbols carved into it, strapping it to her back along with the small quiver of bolts. Wiping her tears from her cheeks angrily, she turns to find Erik standing there, watching her.

"What do you want now, Erik? We have training to do, so I suggest we get to the arena to start. Wouldn't want to seem as if we have something between us, now would we?"

When he took a step towards her, she snapped her fingers and made a chucking noise with her tongue. This immediately caused Sampson to bare his teeth and growl at Erik.

"Don't come near me, Erik. Not right now. You have no idea what you've done and I'm beginning to think that you simply don't care or you find it amusing to play with my affections."

Tears were beginning again, but she just swiped them away, staring Erik in his blue eyes, not backing down nor looking away.

"We have training to do so that we can work well as a team. I'd suggest you let me pass so that we can get on with it. I still have to move BACK to the aids' dorm and unpack before eating my dinner."

When he didn't move, she walked through the adjoining door and went to his door, opening it and stepping out into the hallway, Sampson following.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Erik didn’t want to be this way with Shiloh but he didn’t like the odds the other way. While he knew he hurt her with his aloofness, he really didn’t see any other way to protect her from him. He could easily act on his feelings. She’d be more than willing. But what was he going to do when she succumbed to the curse that seemed to follow him around like the black plague? The thought of losing her was worse than the thought of seeing her hurt and angry.

Following her to the dorms he wanted to try and explain things better to her now that they were in private but when she acted the way she did, Erik felt his own anger quickly rising. Swallowing down the words he was ready to throw at her, he reminded himself it was because of his own actions she reacted this way.

When she brought Sampson to bare his teeth and growl, Erik decided that was the last straw of her self pity party he would have for a lifetime. Fine. If she wanted to play those kind of games, then so be it. She would get exactly what she wanted and at the same time, he would make her loath him so much she wouldn’t WANT to think of her feelings for him unless it WAS to loath him. And she had another thing coming if she thought she would move back to the aids dorms.

When Shiloh left, Erik changed into his training clothes and donned his leather armor. Before he left the dorms, he stopped to speak to one of the other riders he was good friends with, Yanosh. After a short conversation he left the dorms. Yanosh looked around then slipped into Erik’s room. A few minutes later he came out of Erik’s room carrying Shiloh’s things. Disappearing down the hallway he emerged a few minutes later from the dorms with his hands empty and looking like nothing happened.

When Erik walked out onto the training field, he was armed with his sword, his cross bow, pike and a bolo. Setting his weapons down on the opposite end she occupied, he lined them up and made sure they were clean. Once he had his weapons set, he walked out halfway between them and pointed to Sampson.

”He can’t be with you for this part. His training will come after you learn how to handle your own weapons the way I need you to handle them. I don’t care what you do with him but he has to leave you for now.”

Erik tuned to walk back to his weapons when he heard Shiloh’s voice raise to tell him Sampson never left her side. Spinning around and pinning his icy glare on her, Erik furrowed his brow.

”I don’t give a rats ass if you whelped the dog. He can’t be with you right now. Just as I said. Either you show him where he has to go right now or I’ll physically remove him myself and make sure he isn’t returned to you until we’re done. And don’t think you can stop me. No matter how vicious you make that dog turn on me, I’ll have Mina come and take him away until he is to be returned.”

There was a moment of hesitation before Shiloh knelt down and spoke softly to the dog. A few seconds later she was walking Sampson over to the far side of the training grounds and giving him the command to sit and stay. While Sampson didn’t know what was going on, he did as he was ordered. As Shiloh was making her way back to where she was to stand an arrow whizzed by her head. When she snapped her head over she would see Erik taking aim at her again. Lowering the cross bow for a moment, Erik yelled across the expanse at her to let her know training had begun.

”Better be able to hide in the wide open, AID Shiloh. After all, the Urgals and Lizonians aren’t going to wait for you to get in place.”

Bringing the cross bow back up, Erik drew a bead on her again letting his finger slowly squeeze the trigger.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh was pissed. More than pissed, she was livid. ~He plays games with my affections, orders me to remove MY dog, and now he's shooting live arrows at me!~

Watching as he raised his crossbow again, the arrow flying from it, Shiloh fell and rolled to the right, grabbing her own crossbow in the process. Keeping her eyes on Erik, she notched an arrow by feel only, aimed, and fired, the arrow moving Erik's hair as it whizzed by.

"Next time, Rider Asshole, I won't miss!! That was a warning shot!!! Maybe you should be the one who hides in the wide open!!"

She aimed again, another arrow whizzing by his head on the other side, disturbing his hair again. She gave him a sweet smile but her eyes were stormy and hard. She noticed that his blue eyes were just as hard and extremely icy. A small shiver went up her spine as she wondered for a split second if she should stop goading him, but it was quickly gone when she reminded herself how he'd played with her affections.

"I don't need training in this area, Rider Lunkhead, I need training in hand to hand. Oh, but wait, maybe someone else should do that training. I wouldn't want you to have to suffer with touching me. You might lose control."

This last bit was said with sarcasm and brought chuckles from the crowd that had started forming. The crowd watched with baited breath. They all knew just how bad Erik's temper could be, but they had no idea just how bad Shiloh's could be. Would Erik put her in her place as his aid or had Erik met his match.

Sampson, feeling the tension coming from his mistress, stayed put, but his eyes followed Erik, his teeth bared from time to time, low growls coming from his throat.

Shiloh saw Erik cast the dog an icy look, pointing his crossbow at Sampson, telling him to shut up or he'd have Mina come and collect him. Shiloh stood there for a moment before drawing her sword.

"I've had enough of this bull, Erik. Train me, if you think you can, if you think you're man enough."

Shiloh knew that she was treading on perilous ground, but she couldn't seem to help it, not with how angry and hurt she was. She wanted a piece of Erik's hide and was bound and determined to get it.

Balancing on the balls of her feet, she pointed her sword at him.

"I told you, my mother already trained me, so how about if we see what you've got."

She took a defensive stance, waiting to see how Erik would react. She knew he was angry, maybe even beyond angry, but she no longer cared. It was time he knew how hurt she was and that she would not be made a fool of and he get away with it.

Last edited by SinTara on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 374df910Miranda finally made it to the secret base of the Varden, having made it through the various paths with the secret hand signals, telling the guards that she was one of them.

Handing Satin over to one of the younger boys to care for, she heads straight for Jardon, leader of the Varden, reporting what she has found out and telling him about Braum and what she knows.

"I believe his one of the first riders, Lord Jardon. He wears the old uniform and his dragon seems trained in the old ways that I have studied."

Lord Jardon thinks on this, rubbing his jaw thoughtfully.

"Go to the archives and research this 'Braum' if you can find him. If he is who I think he is he may be of great use to us. But first, eat and rest, for you must be weary and hungry."

Miranda nods her head respectively to Jardon before heading to the common area where there were multiple tables and chairs set up along with things to eat and drink as needed.

Once she's eaten her fill, she finds that she'd rather head for the archives and find what she could on this 'Braum' character. She enters a large circular room with rows of scrolls, books, ledgers, etc. She resigns herself to the task of finding the information she needs.

After a couple of hours, she finds what she's looking for and indeed, Lord Jardon was right. Braum was and apparantly is again, a great rider and would be of great value to the Varden. She returns to Jardon reporting what she has found.

"I need for you to return to this compound where you met Braum and inform him of us. See if he will join us in our fight against Elghinn and his minions. As for the others, it may be best for Braum to aid you in gaining the other riders as well as Kryton, to side with us. He would know how best to speak to his fellow riders."

Nodding her head once more, Miranda checks on Satin and then heads to her quarters for a few hours of rest before heading back out.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:37 am

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Brom12

Braum applied the combined herbs, which he had mixed into a paste to the wound, then finished sewing up his wound, he passed his hand over the stiched wound and spoke softly "Hiemestaarlor daethevpan arnirdae daeuthlonlor tynhiemev palarthinanar." The wound instantly closed over the stitches. He then slid off the table, looked at the healers with a scowl and returned to his quarters where he changed into another pair of leather trousers. Tossing the damaged pair aside to be repaired latter. Walking out he made his way to the training field and watched the exchange between Erik and Shilo. He walked over to Samson and placed his hand on the animal's head then whispered one word "Satalorevevapal". Samson looked up at Braum, then laid down resting his head on his front paws and closed his eyes.

As Shilo took aim at Erik once again, Baum closed his eyes, raised his hand, palm out toward Shilo and whispered "Jierda" .....A ball of white light sprang from his hand and struck Shilo in the back knocking her across the field. He then turned his palm to her crossbow laying on the ground and said "Taeol mayetha!" and the bow sprang to his hand. Braum tossed the weapon to the gathering crowd. He then strode to the Shilo as she rose to her knees trembling. Placing the point of his sword an inch from her throat "You must stay ever aware of your surrounding child. This is not a game of sport you train for or a place to vent your insecure petty adolecent emotional outburst. This foe you train to fight is more evil and frightening than your worse nightmares. They do NOT fight fairly there may be , and in all probability will be more than one foe at a time, and not just large lizards and Uragals. This foe will use all in their power to destroy you, it is not only the blade you must fear but the dark arts as well"

Braum then looked at the others who had gathered, ever keeping an eye on Erik. "THIS FOE YOU NOW WILL FACE MEANS TO DESTROY ALL OF YOU AND PRESS YOUR FAMILIES INTO SLAVERY! THOSE WHO WILL NOT SURRENDER WILL DIE A DEATH OF SLOW TORTURE! THIER MUTILATED BODIES LEFT TO THE SCAVANGERS! OR ROASTED OVER A RA'ZAC COOKING FIRE, THEN EATEN!"

He then turned to Erik and said "What are you staring and smiling at BOY!" Then he raised his palm and whispered "Jierda" ...... and another burst of energy crossed the field striking Erik in the chest and sending him several feet across the training field landing on his butt. "Your job is to PROTECT your aid." ....... Braum then slowly walked over and stood a swords length away from Erik and looked, with his sword, the sloftly glowing red blade, held firmly in his hand, sternly down at him.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:49 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Once Shiloh quit shaking, she stood up, swaying a little. She didn't know whether or not to be even more angry or relieved that she was still alive. Seeing Sampson laying there, sleeping, she glared at Braum then her eyes widened as she watched him send Erik flying.

When she heard Braum reprimand Erik for not doing his duty with his aid, she grumbled.

"Protect his aid, yea, right. I think I'd be better off protecting myself."

She finally stopped swaying, having heard what he'd said to the crowd. She already knew what he was saying was true as she was one of the ones who helped protect the farmsteads near the river. She'd seen what the Lizonians and Urgals were doing and had lost a few friends to become slaves and their parents slaughtered.

"What of the red hued Lizonians, Braum? A wizard was there when they killed my mother and he said something about they were one of his greatest creations. I've already experienced firsthand their bite and it's more powerful and faster working than the regular Lizonians. What do you know about them?"

She turned looking to Erik, a part of her wanting to go to him, make sure he was okay. But, she stayed where she was, refusing to let him see just how much she still cared. Braum had called in a petty adolescent emotional outburst. She wished that's all it was for it would make it a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Erik’s temper was growing and try as he might, he was finding it difficult to not thrash Shiloh within an inch of her life right then and there. He never flinched when she shot the arrows from her own bow at him. While he knew they were close, he knew they wouldn’t be true shots that would harm him. Clenching his jaw several times and flexing the muscle at the back of his jaw line, he let her vent as much as she wanted.

When she picked up her blade, he did the same and was walking slowly towards her when Braum showed up. When he saw the old rider shoot a bolt of lightning at Shiloh and knock her down, he stopped dead in his tracks. Never had he seen another rider use magic like that before. How was it this old man could do something like that? As Braum approached Shiloh and pointed his sword at her throat, Erik saw red.

He had just taken two steps towards Braum and Shiloh when he was hit square in the chest by the lightning bolt Braum sent at him. The force was so hard it knocked him back a few feet and sent him tumbling. Erik felt as though his entire body was on fire and that he had been struck by a dragons tail that whipped around and caught him off guard. The air had been forced from his lungs and it took a few minutes for him to regain from the hit.

Just when he thought he could get up, Braum stood over him Erik froze as the point of Braum’s red, glowing sword came into view. Ceasing all movement, the younger rider weighed his options. He heard what Braum had said about protecting his aid and he would always do that, but Shiloh had to let her feelings go towards someone else who wouldn’t get her killed. Why couldn’t anyone understand that but him?

Erik furrowed his brows once more as he saw the glowing red of Braum’s sword. His ice, blue eyes drifted up the length of Braum’s sword to lock gazes with the older rider. There was more to this man than met the eyes. Exactly what, Erik intended to find out. Narrowing his gaze, he kept his voice quiet so only Braum could hear him.

”Warlock or Wizard…..which one are you, Braum? And just how did you come to know magic like this? And why don’t the rest of us know how to wield it?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 374df910Miranda gets out of her bed a few hours after laying down, knowing she must prepare to return to the compound. Changing her travel clothes for those similar but clean, she packs a change of clothing into the travel bag, the rest of her things having never been removed from it.

Heading out to Lord Jardon, she sees one of the magicians with him. They were wizards, but good ones with good hearts, unlike their cousins. They prefered to be called magicians instead of wizards so that people would know that they were not evil. Sometimes, this worked and sometimes it didn't.

Walking up to them, Miranda smiled in greeting to Magician Rejar. He was an older man with salt and pepper hair, standing around 5'7". He was thin and had a nicely trimmed beard and mustache on his angular face. His eyes were brown and had a twinkle in them.

"Magician Rejar is going to the help speed your journey back to the compound by way of teleportation. Satin will go with you as she is used to this way of travel."

Miranda thanked Lord Jardon and followed Magician Rejar to the stone circle in the center of the cave. There were thirteen stones all together, forming a circle pattern. The stones were 8 feet high each and pulsating to the touch when you laid your hand on them. Satin was already waiting for her inside the circle.

Tieing her travel bag and water bladder to the pommel of her saddle, she mounted Satin, nodding to Magician Rejar that she was ready. As he began to weave an intricate spell with his hands, he spoke words in the ancient tongue as the stones began to glow around Miranda and Satin.

Suddenly, there was a bright light and they were gone.

Miranda found herself about 100 yards from the gates of the compound, her and Satin both a little disoriented from the spell. Making sure that Satin was okay, she nudged her in her sides once she knew the horse was able to move and they headed for the massive gates.

Just as the gates were in sight, Satin began sidestepping, tossing her head about and stomping her front hooves. Miranda pulled her sword free, looking all around her, but seeing nothing and hearing nothing, but she'd learned early to trust an animals reactions, especially in this day and age.

Her green eyes widened as she saw three red hued Lizonians come out of the trees. It was just turning dark, but even so, this was a rare thing for them to attack this close to the gates. She heard the guards yelling, knowing they've seen her and the Lizonians and can only pray that they get to her in time or her return will have been for nothing.

She is stunned to see them grouping around her and Satin, their pointed teeth dripping the poisonous saliva. Watching them closely, as close as she can, one lunges at her. Thrusting her sword out, she skewers him through the chest, pulling her sword free as another rips Satin's chest open. The horse screams in pain as she goes down with her rider.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!"

Miranda throws herself from Satin to keep from being crushed under the horses weight as the two remaining Lizonians advance on her. Hearing the whizzing of crossbow bolts, she curls up into a ball as they find their marks, killing the Lizonians. Miranda screams in pain though, as two bolts find her left leg one in her thigh and one in her calf and one buries itself in the fleshy part in her left side.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Braum The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 350ful11 looked down at Erik and said in a voice so soft only Erik could hear "I am a Dragon Rider the magic is a skill taught long before you or these others were born. It is an ancient and powerful art, difficult to control and takes a strong rider to control it for it can easily become your master. So I ask you boy." And Braum's eyes turned dark and cold. "Do you have the strength and the will to become a true Dragon Rider? Do you have the internal fortitude to follow in your fathers footsteps?" He then reached down and with one movement of his arm lifted Erik to his feet.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 374df910Miranda rises shakily to her feet, leaning up against a tree. She sees the gates open as 4 guards come running out, two towards her and two standing watch. None too gently they go to grab her, but she shrugs them off of her.

Walking over to Satin, tears stream down her face at her fallen steed, her only friend. Ignoring the pain from her wounds, she kneels down, pressing her head against Satin's, her hand stroking the horse's neck.

"I am so sorry, my friend. I should have left you behind."

Gathering her things from the saddle, she looks to the guards as she tries to stand. The rush over, helping her up.

"I need my saddle, bridle, and saddle blanket, please. And, don't leave her hear for those bastards to feast on. Burn her, somehow, but burn or her or I will come back out and do it myself."

At the training arena, the 3 inside the ring would notice the crowd quickly dissipating, running for the gates. Looking up, Braum would would see Miranda being all but carried in, 3 bolts protruding from her leg and side, another guard coming up behind her, saddle, bridle, and blanket in tow.

Miranda was glaring at the guards when the healers came running out with a carrier to lay her on. She laughs at them.

"I am NOT going to be carried in!! Just get these bolts out of me and leave me be!!"

The healers all exchange glances, wondering what these people were coming to. First Braum, now this girl.

"We must cut the ones in your leg out, my dear or we will rip muscle when we remove it. Then we will have to have you on bedrest for at least a week....."

As he went on, Miranda's green eyes shot sparks at him.

"Fine, cut them out!! But I will treat my own wounds!! As for the one in my side....."

Staring at the healer in the eyes, she grips the feathered end and breaks off the feathers with a pain filled grunt. Giving it a strong push, she shoves the barbed end clean through. Sweating, barely able to stand, she looks to the guard behind her, his eyes wide.

"Break...off....the....end. Do it!!"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Erik glared back at Braum when the older man hefted him to his feet. Again keeping his voice low, he let Braum know the answer the man needed to know.

”You need to ask that knowing Vrael’s blood flows through my veins?”

Hearing shouts of alarm, Erik turned to see the firy red head being helped into the encampment. Exchanging glances with Braum, he glanced at Shiloh then quickly turned to walk over to where the commotion was with Braum walking along beside him.

After a brief few questions, Erik heard what happened. As he looked over to see Miranda trying to tend to her own wounds, he glanced towards the gates where the guards were trying to handle the situation with Miranda’s horse. Walking to the gates, he barked orders at the guards to take up the circle pattern around the horse.

Grabbing a torch and a bucket of oil, Erik walked to the downed horse. Walking all around her he poured the oil all over her body making sure he soaked her as much as he could. Touching the torch to the horses body, it erupted in flames immediately. After a few seconds, the horses carcass was totally engulfed in the flames.

The air quickly filled with the smell of burning flesh. Once Erik was certain the horse was burning sufficiently, he let his icy glare move about the forest just beyond the encampment walls. Giving the order for the guards to begin backing away, he backed up to the gates and stepped inside, letting the guards close the door behind him.

When he got back into the encampment, Erik looked to see Braum standing nearby. Gritting his teeth, he walked over to the older man and exchanged hard looks with him.

”It’s never too soon to start teaching me, Braum. The sooner the better. Especially with those bastards lurking right outside our walls like that.”

Glancing over Braum’s shoulder, he saw Shiloh standing in the short distance. He could see the uncertainty in her face and knew she was as conflicted as he was. While there was nothing better he would love to do than explore these feelings he had for her, he dared not. Tearing his gaze from her, the younger man walked back to the training grounds to begin cleaning up his weapons. No doubt training was over with for this day.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Seeing Miranda, then watching Erik burn her horse, Shiloh was shaken to her very core. Then, when Erik looked at her, her heart skipped a beat, only to slow back down as he turned away from her again.

Seeing that he was cleaning his weapons, she walked out of the arena, collected her crossbow, woke Sampson and headed for the rider dorms to collect her things to move back into the aids' dorm. She would clean her weapons when she got settled. She glared at Braum and Erik both when she passed them, Sampson looking to Erik with sadness in his brown eyes.

Arriving to the room, Shiloh looked all around for her bag, not seeing it. She pratically tore the room apart looking for it, then stormed into Erik's room and tore it apart. Not finding it, she looked to Sampson.

"Find my bag, boy. Seek."

Sampson's nose was to the floor instantly as he led her out into the hallway to Yanosh's room. Knocking on the door, she waited for an answer but received none. Testing the handle, she found it unlocked and went inside, giving Sampson the order to seek again.

He found her bag tucked away inside Yanosh's trunk. Retrieving it, she turned around and headed out of the building, having to walk past the arena on her way to the aids' dorm. Seeing Erik, she saw the look of anger cross his face as he watched her walk towards the dorm, her bag in tow. Her eyes held all of the hurt she'd been holding in for him to see, her gray eyes bright with unshed tears. Turning away, she walked up the porch to the aids' dorm, ignoring Kryton's calls to her.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Braum The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Brom13 watched as Erik took command of the situation outside the gates. He then walked over to where Miranda was and gently yet firmly pushed her down on a stretcher. "Take her to the infirmary, keep your hands away from her wounds. Move before you kill her with your idleness." Braum told the healers and he walked quickly to the infirmary. Once they had Miranda inside and placed on a table Braum barked “YOU! Get me an ounce ground Dragon Root, four teaspoon of Adder's tounge, four teaspoons of Leopard's Bane, a cup Ale Hoof and cup of Barberry. Get it now!" he shouted as he jabbed his finger in the healer's chest. He then turned to the second healer, who stood with his mouth open. "YOU! Do you constantly stand around with your mouth open? Shut your damned mouth before a dragon flies into that hole in your face. Get me a pint of strong whiskey and a jug of wine!" He then turned to the third healer and shouted "Get me some cat gut and a needle!" Braum glared at them as they all three stood there dumb struck.
"MOVE YOU IMBICELS, BEFORE I OPEN YOUR BELLIES AND FEED YOUR INTRIALS TO MY DRAGON! BEFORE YOU KILL HER WITH YOUR IDLENESS!"

After the healers brought him the things he asked for, Braum applied the combined herbs, which he had mixed into a paste to the wounds,. Braum drew his dagger and told Miranda “Bite down on this.“ then he began sewing up her wounds, he passed his hand over each stitched wound and spoke softly "Hiemestaarlor daethevpan arnirdae daeuthlonlor tynhiemev palarthinanar." The wound instantly closed over the stitches. Braum removed the dagger from Miranda’s mouth and slipped it back into the sheath on his belt. “Now listen to me closely.” he said to her sternly “You must rest for a day and a night.” When he saw her begin to protest he said “Do has I say, or the message you carry will never be delivered to those that must hear it.” He then placed his hand on her forehead and said “Satlonevethpern Daastrauthayglinhiemtoreldray osfal Tynhiemev Vinarthrildaevnel.” Miranda then drifted off to sleep.

Braum glared at the healers “She is not to be disturbed, by anyone. If she awakens I wish to know immediately.” Braum then walked out and started for Kryton’s office.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh walked into the aids' dorm, Mrs. Alton opening the door for her. Her kind eyes held sympathy for the girl and she knew that there weren't any words that would help her feel better.

"You're room is ready, Shiloh, right down the hall, first door on your right."

Shiloh mumbled a thank you when Kryton cam barreling in.

"AID SHILOH!! YOU WILL STOP RIGHT NOW!!!"

Shiloh sighed as she turned around, still holding her bag, Sampson watching him intently.

"I ordered you to stay in the room adjoined to Erik's room and I expect my orders to be obeyed. Now, I want you to return to said room and stay there and I want you and Erik to work out whatever is wrong between the two of you now. Do I make myself clear?"

When Shiloh went to protest, Kryton raised his hand, stopping her.

"I don't want to hear it, Aid Shiloh, just follow orders. The next time you blatantly disobey my orders I will have you confined for 3 days. NOW GET BACK TO YOUR ROOM!!!!"

Shiloh glared at Kryton as she walked by him, heading once more back to the adjoining room. Once there, she closed the adjoining door, locked it as well as the door to the hallway and sat down on the bed. Sampson walked over to her, nudging his wet nose into her hand.

As she stroked his head, she felt the tears start, and to her dismay, she couldn't stop them. So much had happened since she'd left her village along with her emotions where Erik was concerned, she was drained.

Kryton saw Braum coming towards him and raised a hand to him, indicating for him to wait as he approached Erik. He stood close to Erik, speaking low so that he was the only one to hear him.

"Jordan, I don't know what's going on between you and Shiloh but you both had better get it worked out and fast. Her father has come to me and informed me that the two of you are destined to be together through visions and knowing her mother as well as I did, I believe in these visions, so get used to it and her. Do what you have to but fix this before it gets your aid killed for she will be the one who dies first if she is distracted as she will be the one on the ground and YOU know it. I won't see my dau.....late aid's daughter in any more danger than she already will be on the ground."

Having said what he needed to say as well as almost letting his secret slip, Kryton left Erik standing there before Erik could make a reply and headed for Braum to see what it was he wanted and ask about the girl, Miranda.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 am

When Kryton snapped Erik into attention, the young man stood board straight, eyes ahead and shoulders squared listening to his commander. The only indication Erik heard what he was saying was when Kryton almost called Shiloh his daughter but quickly corrected himself. Erik let his ice blue eyes drift a moment to his commander before quickly snapping them back straight.

Visions again. While Erik knew some people truly believed these….visions….he couldn’t rally say he did. Coincidence or just luck is what he contributed these ‘visions’ to. He didn’t doubt some people were sensitive to certain things, but he just couldn’t wrap his head around visions only because he didn’t understand them. How could one take dream and consider it a vision? Is that how they really worked? Or was it something else that brought these visions on? Too much ale or wine, perhaps? The more Erik tried to figure it out, the more frustrated he got so he just stopped trying after a while. Maybe it was time he tried to understand.

When Kryton dismissed him, Erik turned on his heel and headed back to his room. When he saw the door that adjoined the two rooms closed, he knew there was no need in even trying the door. With a heavy sigh, he went into the bedroom part of his room, stripped down, got a well needed bath and headed back out of his room again.

A couple of hours later he returned and this time he knocked on the door that separated their rooms. When he didn’t receive an answer right away, he knocked again.

”Shiloh….please don’t make me break to door down. You know it won’t be good for either of us if that happens.”

Again he received silence. Knocking once more, he spoke to her from behind the door once more.

”I’m sorry….just…..please open the door and let’s talk. I brought you some dinner as well as some scraps for Sampson to eat.”

Erik waited once again to see if he received any indication from the other side of the door Shiloh would let him in or even acknowledge his presence.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:20 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh sat on the bed, listening to Erik's plea. She ignored him at first. When he spoke a second time, she glared at the door.

"Go to hell, Erik!! I'm not hungry but I made sure that Sampson already ate and we have nothing to say to each other. Everything you said and didn't say spoke volumes, Erik! So, take you apology and your food and....." there was a hitch in her voice as it lowered some, "just leave me alone, Erik. You made yourself very clear out there. Get me up when training is to begin in the morning." Her voice which was angry at first, was now sounding defeated.

Shiloh raised her shirt, looking at the large bruise forming across her midsection from the blast Braum gave her. It hurt like hell, but nothing was broken and her lesson had been learned well.

She didn't bother to put on her night clothes, she just laid down on the bed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

~This is the last time I will shed tears for him, I swear~

Even as she vowed this to herself, she knew it probably wasn't true. She was falling for Erik and he'd made it clear that he wasn't going to be there to catch her.

When the knocking sounded again, then turning into pounding, she knew his temper was up again. Still, she laid there, unmoving. Let him break the door down. Maybe he would get splinters all over him.

Sampson, having never seen his mistress so distressed, whined and nudged her arm with his nose.

"Go lay down, Sams, leave me be."

Sampson then went over to the adjoining door and scratched at it, barking at Erik through the door.

"SAMPSON!!! QUIET!!! LAY DOWN!!!"

Sampson was instantly quiet, and very confused. Shiloh had never in his whole life, yelled at him in anger.

"Come here, boy. I'm sorry. Get up here with me and lay down."

As Sampson walked over and jumped up onto the bed, Shiloh looked sadly at the door, where the pounding had stopped for now.

"Go away, Erik. Leave me be, it's what you want anyway and I'm giving it to you. Wake me when training is to begin again."

Last edited by SinTara on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:30 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 374df910Back at the infirmary, Miranda was beginning to wake up, her body feeling as it had been drug behind a horse. Then she remembered Satin and the tears started, something you didn't see everyday with her.

When she began to rise a healer rushed over, clearly concerned about what she was doing.

"You must rest, dear. Lay down, rest. Rider Braum said you to rest for one day and night and to notify him when you woke. Please, lay back down or Rider Braum will be upset with us again."

The little man snapped his fingers, sending a healer's aid to find Braum and inform him that Miranda was awake and causing problems.

Miranda simply looked at the small man as if he had grown two heads and proceeded to rise off of the bed.

"I am grateful to what Rider Braum did for me, but I will decide how long I will rest and when I will rise. And, I am rising."

She set her feet down onto the floor and attempted to stand, pain shooting up through her left leg from where the crossbow bolts had been. Gritting her teeth, she did her best to ignore it.

"Now, where are my things for I have a message to deliver to Commander Kryton."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh laid there in her bed, listening, waiting to hear Erik walk away from the door. When she heard nothing and Sampson jumped off of the bed to go to the adjoining door, she had a feeling that he was still there.

Her temper getting the best of her, she didn't bother to grab a robe as she got out of bed and stomped to the door, unlocking it and throwing it open.

"You're getting what you wanted, Erik, so do the PROFESSIONAL thing and go to bed! I am done playing your games and trying to figure you out!"

She looked up into Erik's striking blue eyes, her own gray eyes dark like a storm cloud.

"In other words Erik, train me, train Sampson, even train RainStorm if you have to, but that is all you will be doing. You made yourself perfectly clear out there after Kryton's speech and unless there is training to do or a patrol to go out on, I would suggest that you do yourself a favor and stay away!"

Tears began to well up once more and it infuriated her to no end to feel them running down her cheeks, but she would have say and he would listen or so help her, she would try to beat him to a pulp.

"You go from hot to cold to warm to hot to luke warm and back to cold again. I am through playing. You want an aid, nothing more. FINE!! That is what you have!! That is all that you will have!!! AN AID!!! AN AID YOU DON'T EVEN WANT!!! SO SORRY TO BE AN INCONVENIENCE TO YOU!!! I will see you in the morning, Erik."

Shiloh slammed the door in his face, damn near hitting him in the nose, the noise of it echoing throughout the dorm.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Erik was ready to grab a hold of her and shake the living hell out of her but he refrained from doing anything. It wouldn’t be the right thing to do. Instead, he just let her vent. She needed it. But if she thought she was going to treat him like this, she had another thing coming to her. When the door was slammed in his face, he practiced tight restraint and curled his hands into tight fists. She had no sooner made it back to her bed when the door was pushed open and his large frame engulfed the area before his legs brought him within a foot of Shiloh.

Erik’s voice was quiet and soft, a warning sign Shiloh should heed and heed well. His blue eyes were like twin glaciers and the look on his face harder than she’d ever seen it.

”Let’s get something straight here, Shiloh. I never led you on, ever. I told you I’m not well versed in things of the heart and that’s the truth. So don’t read anything into what I’ve done for you the past week or so as something other than friendship. I made it very clear from the beginning we couldn’t act on anything we felt for each other. No matter what new order Kryton’s signed. It's too damn risky. If it were something deeper, it’s not safe for you if we explored the possibilities. I realized how much of an ass I was being with you and after you were hurt, I knew it would be better for us if we were at least friends. Besides, if it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t have gotten hurt in the first place. It’s the never ending cycle for me and I won’t risk the inevitable outcome with you.”

Erik’s jaw clenched and the muscle flexed once more on both sides of his face. He’d said too much already so it was time to change the subject.

”You’re my Aid. Your vision brought you to me. While I was opposed to it at first, I’ve accepted that now. You should do the same. We’d be a far greater team if we fought as one than constantly being at odds with each other.”

Turning his back on her and running his hand through his unruly hair, he walked a few feet away and stood with his back still to her with his hands on his narrow hips. Tilting his head up towards the ceiling, he closed his eyes for a moment.

”Just…..trust me on this. I’d never do anything to intentionally hurt you. I’m sorry I’ve already hurt you but I never set out to do that. It’s just better this way….”

Righting his head, there was a moment of silence before his shoulders slumped slightly and he walked out of her room, closing the door quietly behind him and walked into the bedroom of his own room. It was going to be a long night and already he knew sleep would be the last thing he found.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Advent10Shiloh watched him walk away after he spoke his peace, knowing that he was right. It was her own feelings she was apparantly acting on and had misread his altogether. She wished she'd never had her vision now.

She'd been so excited when she'd first seen him in the bathing pool near her village, knowing that she'd been chosen to be the aid of one dragon rider instead of whomever needed her. Now, she was wishing she'd never laid eyes on him.

Sampson whined, looking back and forth between the two of them, unsure as to what to do as Erik closed the door.

Shiloh stood there, by her bed, shaking with the effort to hold back the tears. How could she have been so wrong? Her vision had to have been wrong. Did his caring of her after she was wounded cause her to read things wrong? No, she remembered him admitting that he had feellings for her. Even so, he didn't want her, that much was clear and he'd made it clear in the beginning that he didn't want an aid, especially a female one. Maybe that was still what he felt.

Then she remembered something he'd said. Something about it was a never ending cycle with him and he wouldn't risk the inevitable outcome with her. Walking to the door, she opened it and walked over to where Erik was sitting on his bed, standing in front of him, speaking in a firm voice that was filled with regret.

"I will be your aid, Erik, but only because I cannot be transferred. But, there is no friendship. I will watch your back from the ground, but, there will be no friendship. You have feelings for me and you know it. I don't understand what you meant by 'it's a never ending cycle for you', and you can explain it if you want to. I no longer care. And Erik, just for the record, I didn't get hurt because you, you arrogant ass, I got hurt because of my own stubborness, nothing less. So, don't give yourself all of the credit nor beat yourself up over it. It was MY choice to leave the compound, regardless of what you said or didn't say to me."

She ran her fingers through her hair, sighing deeply.

"Do you really think that it was you who caused me to leave the compound? Yea, I was upset and angry with you, but it was MY CHOICE, Erik. MINE!! GODS!! You are arrogant to the point that you even have to take the blame for something that wasn't your fault."

Poking a finger in his chest, she leans over, nose to nose with him.

"You agreed with me that there were feelings between us that we couldn't just shut off, and then you go and act like there's nothing. HOW IS THAT NOT LEADING SOMEONE ON!!! Well, I guess it's not, not to you anyway. But, mark my words, Erik Jordan. You train me, you train Sampson, and you train RainStorm, but don't ever step over the lines with them and don't ever think that we are friends."

Her heart was shattered and it was her own fault, she knew that. She'd gotten too close too fast and now she was paying the price. She would watch Erik's back and she would be as good of an aid as her mother had been, but that was where it would stop.

"I will meet you in the training arena in the morning. Good night, Rider Erik."

She turned and headed for the door, watching as Sampson strolled in and jumped up on Erik's bed, laying down. Hurt showed brightly in her eyes at seeing this. When she saw Erik go to make him get down, she raised her hand.

"No, leave him. He's made his choice."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders   The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World of Drakonia--Dragons and Riders
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next