Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

HEROES Chapter 2

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan was grabbing a couple pounds of sausage from the freezer, milk from the fridge, and now she was looking for the bisquick mix and flour so that she could make sausage gravy and biscuits when she heard the female voice yell "FREEZE!"

Morgan places both hands on the counter where the girl could see them. "You must be one of Tim's friends", she said as she looked at the girl, "I'm Morgan Shepherd, and the shadow is Sean Miller. Tim is outside locking up the hummer. He sent us in to get started fixing something to eat."
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Zoe
The gun did not move as Zoe took a small step forward, her eye narrowing suspiciously. "Then we'll wait for Tim to come back. Until then, you make one false move and I shoot," she growled menacingly. After her experience with Beacon and the knowledge they had about her, she wasn't about to trust anyone, even if they did seem like stray metas. The last she'd seen of Tim was at the same place where Fay had been captured.
Back to top Go down
http://kasaiyoukai.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Sean turns to look at the woman holding the gun and immediately melts down into the shadows. He then comes up beside Zoe. "Put the gun away please. There is no need for this."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 TIMTLD

About that time Tim stepped through the door. "Whoa thar Zoe, these har are friends. They're good guys like us, the young lady har is Morgan and that thar shodowy honbre is Sean. They'r both tight handy in a fight." he said as he set the ammunition and shot gun on the table. "Damn I shur am glad ta see ya , whars Yelena, Casius and the rest?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:22 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan took a chance and continued to look for the bisquick and the flour. Finding both, she then hunted around for a medium sized saucepan and a cookie sheet. Once she had everything she needed, she began to cook the sausage on low heat to defrost it. Once that was started, she quickly got the biscuits made, adding a little bit of vanilla extract she'd found and then popped them into the pre-heated oven. While they baked, she turned the heat up on the sausage and finished cooking it. She added the flour to soak up the grease then the millk to make the sausage gravy. By the time the biscuits were done, the gravy was done. She found the butter and some honey and then proceeded to set the table.

Smiling, she said, "Dinner is served. It's not much but it'll stick to your ribs." She walked over to Tim and gave him a kiss on the cheek before she sat down. "Are you hungy, Chloe"
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Seeing Tim, Zoe lowered the gun and said bluntly and with flat affect, "sorry. Can't be too careful." Then, turning back to Tim, she explained all she had found out and been through with Beacon. As she did, she periodically glanced over with a furrowed brow towards Morgan as she bustled around the kitchen. She was nearly struck dumb when she pranced over, kissing Tim and asking "Chloe" if she was hungry. "What are you, Martha Stewart?" she grumbled almost inaudibly under her breath before speaking to Morgan. "It's Zoe," she said flatly, "or Killswitch... and not especially, no."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 pm

"Damn it ta hell." Tim said "Well I reckon we need ta get 'em outa thar quick as we can. What's got me ta wonderin' Zoe is how them varmints knew we was comin'? Thay had a right good ambush waitin' on us." He then looked at Zoe and said "Right sorry 'bout just bustin' in an makin' ourselves ta home. But I figured we best hold up har fur a bit 'fore goin ta look fur ya'all.

We been on tha run right steady since tha ambush and I am riht tuckered. Oh dn't go out ta the barn, lessin ya te me. I got it booby trapped with a couple of claymores. Seems we got sum wacko a chasing Morgan har. Seems her pappy don't take kindly ta the likes of folk like us.

Zoe, now don't ya go frettin' none, we'll git Yelena and Cassius outa thar. Then we'll get ta bustin' out Fay and Robert. Ya got my word on that. Then we'll figur out what this har Beacon is all 'bout." Tim said as he sat down ta eat

"Damn good vitals thar Morgan. ..... Zoe ya best be eatin' sumthin, then let's get ta work figurin' out whar we gotta get to and what we're gonna do once we git thar. I figure Morgan and her powers along with Sean har 'll come in right handy."

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan heard Zoe's remark about her and Marthe Stewart and quickly covered the hurt that showed on her face and in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Zoe, I didn't mean to get your name wrong. And, I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you and your friends. I'll be glad to help you and Tim in anyway I can." She says no more, having a feeling that she's just making things worse. She finishes eating and cleans up her plate in the sink before sitting back down.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan finishes cleaning up, making sure that dishes are washed and the table is clear for Tim and Zoe to be able to be comfortable, have a place to work if needed, while they figure out what they're going to do and how they're going to do it. She walks over to Tim and lays a hand on his shoulder, smiling down at him. "I'm going outstide to practice calling and controlling the animals. I'll be by the trees, but I'll stay within earshot."

She doesn't give him time to reply, just rushes out, feeling more of a burden now then she ever did. She wasn't going to leave, in fact, she was going to do exactly what she said.

She walked over to the treeline, about 75 feet from the back of the house and sat down, cross-legged, facing the trees. She closed her eyes, calming herself before opening her eyes. Anyone watching would see her lavender eyes begin to softly glow as she called first a squirrel, calling it to her. As the small creature came to her, it climbed into her lap, chattering at her softly. Morgan smiled down to him, and then, using her mind, told him to go and collect a nut for her. He rushed off to do just that and brought her back a green walnut. Next, she put a picture of a specific rock inside of his head and had him collect it. After about 20 minutes, he came back witht the smooth, flat, black rock. She smiled again.

Sending him on his way, she next called to a raccoon, and had a large male come to her almost immediately. She 'showed' him what it was she wanted to do and projected calmness to him, so that he wouldn't panic when she joined her mind to his in order to see through his eyes. Then, she sent him up to the farmhouse, to climb up to the kitchen window and look in. She saw Tim and Zoe sitting at the table, talking. She didn't see Sean, but she didn't worry about it. She then had the little guy knock on the window, gaining Tim's and Zoe's attention. When she saw them look to the window, she had the raccoon wave at them before scampering back to her.

She was beginning to get tired, having not used her ability all that often sinced Cassie died. Stretching, she settled back down to keep going, calling a deer next. A young, graceful doe came to her, nuzzling her cheek. Morgan stroked her soft neck, then merged her mind with hers and had walk around, getting used to seeing through the doe's eyes. This took more concentration and by the time Morgan was done with this, she was pretty much wiped out, but, being stubborn, she kept going. Releasing the doe, she then called a buck.

A small one came, only a 6 pointer, but he stood in front of her, waiting. Taking a deep breath, she entered his mind to see if she could see what he had seen that day. This was even more difficult, but she did it, seeing him with his herd. They were walking along, stopping here and there to graze before lifting their heads, as if they sensed something. That was when she felt the presense of her Aunt Jackie in the herd. She couldn't tell what her aunt had told them to do, hell, she didn't even know her Aunt Jackie was that powerful to be able to do something like this from clear back in Colorado.

She watched as the herd headed for the road they'd come down to reach the house and stand in the middle of the road as a black Tahoe came barrelling down the road, skidding to a halt. She couldn't see who was driving, but she got a really bad feeling about whoever was driving. Then, through fatigue, she lost the connection just as she saw the Tahoe turn around in the buck's mind.

Releasing the buck, she slumps over, exhausted. "I'll just sit her for a minute before I head back", she thinks to herself. She scoots over to a tree and leans up against it, closing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:19 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Frank_10Frank was going to wind up shooting someone and soon if these damned animals didn't quit screwing around with him. He'd had to turn around now 5 times because a few raccoons were here in this road or a black bear was in another road, and the stupid creatures wouldn't move. If he tried to go around them then they moved with him, not letting him pass.

Finally, he headed back to town and got himself a room at the local motel and grabbed himself something to eat. While he was eating at the local restaurant, he stopped the waitress and asked her about Eagle Mills. "Ma'am, I've been looking for my daughter", he shows her the picture of Morgan, "and a lady told me that she'd seen the vehicle she was in headed to Eagle Mills. Is there a resort or something like that up there that is hard to find?" The waitress thought for a moment, then said, "No, there's not. There's nothing up there really. I'm sorry, mister. I wish I could help you." She didn't bother to tell him about the abandoned farmhouse, after all, it was abandoned, noone would stop there.

Frank finished eating, not hiding his disappointment.

Well, he knew that she was here, he could sense her, so he'd just sit tight. He would keep looking during the day and keep his eyes open and asking around. He paid for his meal, left a hefty tip for the waitress and headed on back to the motel. Tomorrow was a new day after all, and that meant new ideas, new plans. He smiled coldly as he shut the door to his room.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10After about an hour of resting, Morgan stood and slowly made her way back to the house, tired but feeling good about herself. She'd rest for a little bit longer then come back out and practice some more.

Walking into the kitchen, she smiled at Tim and went into the living room area to sit down.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10It was getting dark when Morgan woke from where she'd fallen asleep on the couch. She stretched and got up, looking around. Walking into the kitchen, she rummaged some more through the fridge and cabinets and quickly made up some supper for everyone. Mainly left overs of the sausage gravy she'd made for lunch got re-heated. She looked over at Tim and Zoe, still getting a plan together. "Umm, Tim. Is there anyway we could go into town tomorrow for supplies? I'm good in the kitchen, but I need supplies in order to stay that way." She looked over at Zoe and grinned at her, "Martha Stewart could probably make a meal out of bread, butter, and water. I'm not that good."

Once she got done heating everything up, she found that she wasn't hungry even though she knew she should eat, but she was too wound up for some reason. "Tim, I'm going to go back outside and practice some more. I'll be back." Again, she doesn't give him time to protest, knowing that he probably would.

She walks outside and heads back to where she'd been that afternoon. Sitting back down on the ground, she takes closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and let's it out. Opening her eyes, they once again glow a soft lavender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Sean is already outside enjoying the darkness offered by the forest. When Morgan came out he melted into the shadows, merging with hers as she passed. He would stay like this until she got to where she was going.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan once more starts out with the small animals, squirrels, raccoons, etc. and has them collect things for her, everything becoming smoother, more natural to her. Next, she calls on a deer again, merging with it's mind, seeing through it's eyes, getting more and more used to seeing this way and taking in everything she sees this way.

Releasing the deer, she calls to an owl. A beautiful great horned owl lands on a branch not 10 feet from where she is sitting, watching her. Her glowing eyes look up at him as she smiles, merging with his mind, letting him know what it is she needs. She tells him to fly high, around the farmhouse, and into to town, to see if she can hold the connection that long.

She sees the house through his binocular vision, amazed at what she sees so clearly from the height he is flying. She even spots Sean standing not far from where she is sitting, in the darker shadow of a tree. She has the owl swoop down close to him, skimming the top of his head before she has the owl head to town.

Once there, it becomes more difficult for Morgan to hold the merge together and Sean will see her begin to sweat and shake with the effort, but she won't stop. All he knows is that something is wrong.

Morgan can see the town, the people milling about, but it's becoming blurred, as if she's becoming trapped. It was something her Aunt Jackie had mentioned once, but she couldn't put her finger on it. If she'd remembered, she would have known that she wasn't yet ready to hold a merge for this long period of time or at this distance without doing mental damage to herself, the strain on her mind becoming too much. She can't break the merge, she's so locked inside of the owl now.

Her body is sweating and shaking, her eyes glowing even brighter. The owl flies over the small motel and Morgan thinks she sees her father entering a room, but it's blurred and she can't be sure. She tries to pull out of the owl, and it's like pulling your foot out of thick muck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Sean raises up and solidifies behind Morgan. He gently places a hand on her shoulder as he comes around to look her in the face. "This can't be good." Shaking her lightly he tries to snap her out of it. "Morgan? You there?" Finally, he picks her up and carries her back to the house. "Hey Tim. I think there's something wrong with Morgan."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Tim looked over and followed as Sean carried Morgan into the living roomand laid her down on the couch. Tim walked over to the couch, knelt down and gently slapped her on the cheeks. "Morgan......Morgan...... come on thar darlin' ....... snap outta it." he said gently. "Come on now Morgan get on back har ta us. ....... Sean kin ya fetch me a glass a water?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan fought to get her mind out of the owl's mind, the merge beginning to weaken. As she slowly came back to herself, her eyes started to lose their glow, their normal, lavender color coming back.

She heard Tim's voice and felt the gentle slaps, but it wasn't registering just yet. Suddenly, the merge was completely broken, throwing Morgan's mind back to her. She let out a small yell of pain and gripped her head. "I'm sorry....I stayed too long in the merge. Oh, God this hurts."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Sean comes back in with a glass of water, handing it to Tim. He looks down at Morgan. "You all right there? Had me really worried outside."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:26 pm

"Thar ya are darlin' ...... Thank Ya Sean ....... Ya know Morgan ya gots ta be right cautious about doin that.' Tim said, then called to Zoe "Ya got any asprin about?"
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Wordlessly, Zoe crossed the room and opened a small cabinet filled with little bottles of generic pills from pain killers to gas relievers. Shaking a bottle of aspirin, she turned and tossed it over to Tim before looking back at Morgan. "So that's what you do?" she asked, "possess animals and then get stuck?"
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Tim, looked a little bit irritated at Zoe, but let it pass and said catching the bottle "Thank ya kindly Zoe." he said. Then opened the bottle and shook out two asprin, handed them to Moragn with the glass of water. "Har take these and ya rest right cheer. That'l fix yur head up shortly."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:43 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan took a couple of aspirin and sat up with Tim's help. She glared at Zoe, "You know, I'm sorry about your friends and I'm sorry that I brought even more problems to your doorstep, but that doesn't give you the right to act like ass with an attitude when I haven't done anything to deserve it." She stands, albeit a little shaky.

"I don't posses animals, I can speak to them, merge with them, use their eyes and ears to see and hear what I need to. But, I'm not reall good at it yet and I stayed too long in the merge." She began to walk back to the backdoor, turned and looked at Tim, "Are you starting to see now that it was a mistake in bringing me here." Her eyes begin to darken with anger, frustration, and worry. "You're friends have been taken, Zoe here is just all full of joy at us being here, and my father is after me." She turned around facing Zoe, "I didn't want to bring any of this to you or to Tim, but Mr. Stubborn Ass here doesn't know when his plate is full." Turnig back again to Tim, her eyes are now almost black with anger, "I told you it was too much.....too much for one person to handle, but you insisted. You're friends, my father, it's not hard to choose." Morgan threw her hands up in the air, the fear of the man she saw through the owl's eyes possibly being her father feeding her emotional tirade. "Do whatever, just don't get killed because of me." She storms out of the house, walking over to the pole barn and leans up against the outside wall.
Back to top Go down
KasaiYoukai
FIRE DEMON
FIRE DEMON
KasaiYoukai

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Zoe seemed to only barely be listening to Morgan as she lit a cigarette and stared past her, saying nothing. Her mind was spinning with the day's events and as of now, she had little room to spare any sympathy for some lost little girl who had wandered into her hiding place while she was out. While the rational side of her knew Morgan had done nothing wrong, Zoe's cold and distant demeanor overshadowed any remorse. After a moment, she simply turned in a puff of gray-blue smoke and disappeared behind the secret entrance to the hidden basement.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 pm

HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Morgan10Morgan stayed outside for some time, constantly looking to the woods, seriously thinking once more about just leaving and taking her problems with her so as not to burden Tim and now Zoe. But, like Tim said, he'd come looking for her and she couldn't have that. Not with his friends in trouble.

She sat down on the damp ground, running her fingers through her hair.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 am

Tim just sat there a moment, shook his head, glanced over at Sean and muttered under his breath "Women." He then stood up and walked out to the pole barn and up behind Morgan, who did not hear him walk up. He stood there a moment not saying anything. Then spoke softly "I know yur sceared shitless, an thing ain't quiet goin' smooth as a mill pond. But listen har ta me. Zoe, well she's a bit high strung as it is an Cassius is her boyfriend. Some hombre's known a Beacon got him an Yelena an some others locked up in a military base up north. We're gonna get em out. But we need yur hep an Seans. We ain't gonna let FRank get his hands on ya. Zoe ain't gonna let it happen, Sean ain't gonna let it happen yur Aunt an Uncle ain't gonna let it happen. An I sure as hell ain't gonna let it happen." Tim said as he squatted down next to Morgan slipping his arm around her. "This ain't too much fer my plate, I've been in lot deeper shit than this, an had a heap more on my plate b'fore."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEROES Chapter 2   HEROES Chapter 2 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEROES Chapter 2
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next