Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Empty
PostSubject: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces TorriBanner

Torri sat next to Sam as the cabbie addled its way over the winding roads that would eventually lead them to the country cottage Torri and her family would spend long summer days at. Normally she was looking forward to these trips as the cottage would ease her troubled mind and allow her the much needed time to relax. Now it was the most dreadful trip she was making.

Her eyes looked out the window of the vehicle but she wasn’t seeing any of the lush green grass, grazing sheep, rolling clouds that looked like puffy marshmallows and the bluest sky one could ever imagine. Instead she was going over and over in her mind how she was going to break the news to her folks about Sionn.

They were going to be devastated. There was no getting around that. It was going to be doubly devastating when they realized she was the one who would have to bring Sionn’s betrayal to an end. It was never good news when you had to go after one of your own faction members, it was even worse when it was someone you knew well. For this to be not only a family member but their own son…their ONLY son….

Shaking her head to remove the thought from her mind, she sighed and angrily brushed an imaginary piece of lint off her pants. She looked over at Sam who eyed her with that all knowing look.

”What?”

When Sam kept eyeing her without saying a word, Torri sighed again and turned her gaze to look out the window.

”I know….I know….I’m working on my words.”

She turned to look at him again.

”Not exactly sure how I’m gonna tell them….’hey mum and da…good to see you both….oh….by th’way…your son has done taken up with that crazy Druidess that just caused California to slide into th’ocean and kill all those folks over there….oh…and before I forget….I am gonna be th’one to kill him. ‘ “
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 3:20 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces SamBanner

Sam didn't say much, there wasn't much to say, but finally he turned and looked at her, "I'll be with ya lass, for this and to the end."

He turned as the vehicle started slowing down, the 'cottage' was larger than most people's houses, and as they went up the drive Erich and Annette both came out to see what vehicle was coming up their drive. They both had worried looks on their faces and as Torri got out of the car Annette broke into a full sprint and grabbed her tightly, "LASS!!!"

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces AnnetteBanner

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces ErichBanner

Annette squeezed Torri like only a mother can, and buried her face into her daughters neck, the exhalation that sounded like breath which had been held for days finally coming out. Same exited the vehicle and Erich walked up with a curious look on his face, "Sam? What in bloody blazes are you doing here?"

He looked at Torri and then to Sam, his face suddenly hesitant and tight, "Where's Sionn? Is he..."

Sam walked up, only coming slightly higher than Erich's belt buckle and looked up at him, "Sionn's alive."

Erich exhaled in relief and looked over at Torri who was looking at him with a tight jaw, her hair completely intertwined with her mothers fingers as her mother hadn't released from the hug yet. Erich looked back at Sam, "We have been watching the news, the Council is scheduled to meet tomorrow morning to discuss next steps and what actions need to be taken. Never in the history of the planet has balance been thrown so far off center."

Sam nodded and spoke, "Aye lad, aye. We have... more news for you, so you have as much information as possible before going to that meeting."

Annette turned and looked at Sam. She walked over and went to her knees, grabbing him in a hug. Sam half returned the hug, like he normally did, and Annette spoke, "Is Sionn coming behind ya? What of the others? Is everyone safe?"

Sam looked at Torri and then to Annette, "I don't know what happened to the others, and Sionn is still... well he is still in the United States."

Annette stood, looking at Sam and then to Torri, "Lass? What of your brother?"

Sam touched Annette's hands gently and spoke, "Come inside, let's get some tea, and we can discuss things proper."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 3:53 pm

While Torri was grateful for the embrace of her mother, she was still stiff instead of melting into her mother as she usually did.  With each passing moment, Torri felt the dread building within her to the point where she wanted to scream and run as fast as she could and not stop until her lungs burned so bad she was sure they would spontaneously combust.

As her mother slowly released her and starting asking questions regarding Sionn, Torri avoided eye contact with both her parents.  The looks Annette and Erich shared with each other spoke volumes.  And Torri knew they would not get any better as the day dragged on…and on….and on.

Erich remained very quiet as he watched his daughter and Sam walk towards the cottage and more or less collapse into the overstuffed furniture within.  He noticed Torri seemed to have a look in her gaze he had never seen before.  He knew sometimes spending long periods of time with the Fara Elders could do that to one of their kind but he had a feeling it was something else.  Something….deeper.

Annette glanced over at Erich then back to Torri and Sam.  She noticed how Sam seemed to glance nervously from Torri to her and Erich.  It felt like a wet, wool blanket was slowly being draped over her form as she slowly moved to sit opposite Torri and Sam.  Her usual offer of tea and cakes were bypassed as she knew whatever news Torri had for her was not good.  Especially seeing Sam arrive with her daughter.

Finally Torri took a deep breath and looked to both her mother and her father.  Her green eyes were filled with dread as she slowly began.

”Mum……da….Sionn….he’s alive like Sam said….but….he is working…..and intimate….with Arawela Poe.”

Torri let that news sink in as she looked from her father to her mother.  Erich stared at her expressionless while Annette gasped and brought her hand to her mouth.  Tears instantly filled her mother’s eyes and Torri felt her throat constricting again.  She hated telling her parents about this…and she hated her brother right now for putting her in this position.

Finally she cleared her throat and went on telling them about when she arrived and saw what Sionn did to Ean MacGregor, how she hunted him down to New Orleans where she saw him with Arawela and how she almost fulfilled the duty she was given.

When she finished she sat there staring blankly at the floor between her, Sam and her parents.  She felt Sam’s warm hand cover her cool digits but she still refused to look at her parents.

As Erich sat there taking in the news Torri relayed, his expression never changed.  It was clear to see who Torri got that ability from.  He looked over at Annette as he heard her crying softly knowing there was no way to save their son from the choice he made for himself this time.  It wasn’t like paying off a rich baron whose daughter lost her heart….and other things,…to Sionn.  Finally he stood up and walked over to the window that overlooked the grassy knoll and placed his hands on his hips.

Annette sobbed softly as she listened to Torri.  She cried not only for Sionn but for Torri as well.  She could see the toll this was taking on her daughter.  After a few moments, she gathered her composure then wiped her eyes and softly blew her nose on her kerchief.  Standing she walked over to Erich and gently took his hand in her trembling one and looked up at him when he gazed at her.  Without another word, Erich enfolded his wife tenderly in his embrace for a few minutes.  Finallly they returned to where Torri sat.  Erich gently reached down and took his daughters hand.

Torri slowly looked up at her father as he urged her to stand.  Without another word, he enfolded her in his embrace just as he had his wife only moments ago.  The fold of emotions was released within Torri again and she slowly returned her father’s embrace, letting herself cry into his chest.  
When Torri’s emotions settled back down, she slowly released herself from her father then sat back down.  Annette brought in tea for everyone who wanted it trying to be the good hostess.  Finally Erich looked over at Sam with a pain filled gaze but also determination.

”Do the Council Elders know yet?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:06 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces SamBanner

Sam watched the exchange, but he remained silent and stayed put. Though the McGhee's were like family to him, they weren't even the same race when it came to it, they were Fara, he was Punkie, and ultimately they would have to deal with this in their own way. The only true 'connection' he shared with them was that he was also Stormborn, and knew how that would eventually fall out.

As Erich came over to him, Sam sat back up and cleared his throat. Erich asked his question and Sam shook his head, "No lad, no. Annette would have heard, not only because she is Head of House Helleborine, but also because he is her son. Truth is lad, I am not sure who knows what anymore."

Erich looked over at Annette, "Why do you think the MacGregors have no called to tell us?"

Annette looked at Erich and sighed, "We funded the whole mission and trip Erich, they might think we are in on it, if you think about it we would be cautious too."

He nodded and spoke, "Then I suppose I should reach out to them."

Sam nodded and spoke, "Aye, might be good for them to know that they don't have to worry about you lot as well. Best to quash any confusion before rumors set in."

Erich looked at Annette and then to Torri, "You said you saw what happened, that the group managed to escape, any idea where they went?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Torri snapped herself back to the here and now. Blinking rapidly a few times, she looked to her parents.

”I…I…I believe they returned to th’MacGregors. I mean….if I had to make a gamblers bet. I’d get as far away from that as I could, regroup, consider m’options and see what sort o’plan I could come up with from there. That’s what I would do anyway….”

She looked to all three of the other adults in the room with her and nodded her head.

”Better to get out in front of it than wait for it to come flop in our lap.”

Annette and Erich nodded in agreement as well. Erich looked over at Sam.

”Shall we go pay the MacGregors a visit, old friend? Might need your diplomatic way of handling things. Sometimes old clan wars tend to surface in the here and now from time to time. I don’t want things to get out of control. You may be the neutral force to keep us all from doing something we regret.”

Annette looked over at Sam then to Torri then back to Sam.

”Things may be a bit….tense when they see Torri….especially with her being gone for so long and showing up now….after all of this…”
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Eba0k1

After diving into his memories and meeting the odd Dolf the night ended calm and quietly, Kain and his father returned to their beds and soon Kain drifted off to a dreamless sleep. Once morning came he awoke to Sasha prodding him. The sun had risen some time ago and the smell of breakfast was already starting to clear when she finally came to check on her brother.

“Living on your own has made you lazy.” She said once Kain’s eyes allowed the light of day to enter. “Father is doing a bit better, you can go down and see him.”

“Your driver has also come back. He’s in the kitchen eating your pancakes.” She continued, making Kain wonder how late it was and as such quickly got dressed and made his way towards the back of the house where, behind a false wall, there was the stairway into the basement where his father spent most of his time.

“Father…?” He said as he came down into the poorly lit basement. His father wasn’t sitting at his heavy wooden desk. The room bristled with the lingering sense of magic, pretty much all the magical supplies were hidden away in the basement, especially anything of noteworthy power. As he moved deeper into the basement he eyed his father’s familiar trinkets and the few new additions he must have made during the past few years. He looked for the lightning stone his father had acquired for him when he was little, but it eluded his sight so far.

“You should still fit in these, right?” His father wondered as he stepped from an alcove holding what looked like a short sleeved onesie. Indeed, the training outfits his father magically imbued with protective magic weren’t particularly stylish, but it helped soften the blows they exchanged while sparring.

“Unlike most I didn’t have much of a growth spurt.” Kain replied and took the garment and looked at it rather nostalgically.

“I figured I’d dig it up for you.” Father said, “It’s in great condition considering, but I hope you still know how to dodge.”

Kain smiled at his father, and despite Sasha saying he was better, he wasn’t in the shape he was last night, his condition was clearly taking its toll, “I’ve mastered the art of ducking, most of all.”

Father beckoned him to follow him into a far corner of the basement where a generator was softly humming. “I heard you brought a stave that’s looking for a friend.” He said as he switched off the machine and it ground to a halt with a soft ‘dwoo’. Father opened up the casing and took out Kain’s lightning stone.

“Although I enjoyed not paying for electricity, you can probably make better use of this beauty.” And handed the stone to Kain.

As soon as he touched it he could feel the power and the stone lightly crackled with electricity in response. He held it up for a moment and brought his other hand towards it, focusing his mind and soon electricity jumped in arcs from the stone to the fingertips of his other hand over a short gap. He pulled back his hand and watched the arcs stretch for a moment before he cut them off.

“That felt nice, it’s been a while since I’ve been so energized.” The fact that he had just made a bad pun escape Kain in the moment. “I’m glad I came, I feel like I can really help stop the druids now.”

“And I hope you do, son. I hope you do so quickly and successfully, so that you can return to the shadows without too many people with their eyes on you.”

Kain sighed, it felt wrong to keep on disappearing, but at least once the druid threat ends they would probably all go their own way and as such it wouldn’t so much be him abandoning them.

“I should probably quickly change into this, have whatever pancakes remain and be on my way.” Kain said though he lingered for a moment longer.

“You’ll do good.” Alexander said and patted Kain on the shoulder, “Keep your guard up and stay safe.”

With that said Kain nodded and left to do as he said. At the kitchen table he met the McGhee driver. Luckily he had saved him a couple of pancakes and as he ate he discussed their next destination; San Francisco. Kain said his goodbyes and drove off to find his friends.

Several hours into the trip the car left the highway. “Why are we leaving the highway?” Kain wondered, knowing they were nowhere near their destination yet. In fact they were pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

“We need gas.” The driver said.

“Didn’t we just pass a gas station 10 minutes ago?” Kain wondered.

“Yeah, but I know this place with the best bagels around, I figured we could afford a short detour for some soul nourishment.”

Kain had to admit that sounded good, though he preferred to reach San Francisco as quickly as possible. “Alright, then. Though I would have liked to have been a part of this decision.”

“Don’t trust your driver?” The man asked looking at Kain through the rearview mirror with a raised brow.

“I’ll let you know after I’ve had some of these bagels.” Kain decided and the driver laughed.

Nearly 10 minutes later, while Kain was already getting a little bit irked by the time they were spending off the highway, they pulled into the empty parking lot of a small establishment out in the woods.

“Doesn’t look that popular.” Kain noted as he stepped out.

“It’s great. It just attracts a particular crowd, is all…” The driver knew and led the way into the small shop.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:08 pm

The driver walked in and stepped to the side so Kain could see the entirety of the room. As Kain took in his surroundings there was a distinctive click behind him, a sound that was unmistakably a heavy lock on a door being engaged. As Kain gave the driver a knowing look the man merely shrugged with a smirk and stepped over to where a gathering of men was watching the Punkie. From across the room at a table set in the middle a very dapper young man dressed more for a formal night out at the theater than roughing a person up stood and spoke, "Mr. Wattson, please, if you would join me."

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces JohnnyBanner

There was clear confidence in Kain as he made his way to the precisely arranged table. An arrangement of bagels sat in the middle with a variety of cream cheeses and flavored butters. Johnny looked up and with a pleasant smile spoke, "Lest you call us liars."

His smile never broke as he sat and waited for Kain to do the same, "Please have what you like, I assure you we did not go through so much effort to insult your honor by merely poisoning you, we don't dabble in the cowardly.

Looking across the table he spoke again, "My name is Johnny Portsman, member of the House of Wolves and leader of the Fox Den."

Kain knew of them, even the most remote of the Races had. A neutral collection of assassins, thugs for hire, thieves and clever minded individuals who were swayed not by the natural balance of things but by what faction was most willing to pay the highest price. Their presence went back as far as any history could remember, and they never approached an individual unless they were being compensated to do so.

Johnny smiled pleasantly and looked across at Kain, "As you might have discerned, we have been asked to... interact with you. The nature and outcome of this interaction however depends entirely on your response to it."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Kain decided to it down and first and foremost sample the bagels.

“Not bad.” He concluded after a bite, “Not sure they’re worth the trouble though.”

“I might try another, but after that I don’t think I’ll be sticking around for any additional ‘interaction’. So… Why don’t you get to it, Portsman. I’m sure we’ve both got things to do.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Johnny huffed with a smile at Kain's demeanor, confidence and response. With a nod he spoke, "They are good at that aren't they? I personally don't indulge as often as I should, however sometimes in a moment of craving."

H shrugged and leaned forward, looking directly at Kain, "Our client has asked us to have this, interaction with you so they can begin to unravel your involvement with the Scots."

Kain looked at him and he continued, "Obviously the involvement of one such as yourself always raises eyebrows, fosters questions, and causes people to muse... 'Why would a Punkie, a race known for their inexplicable reasoning, chose to connect himself to a situation that he could easily sidestep and avoid?'"

"Sure, you happened to be present in Japan when unfortunate events unfolded, seems like an extreme case of wrong place at the wrong time, but it has been rare, if ever, that an event like that would cause one of your kind to become involved. So... is it mere curiosity? An absent and then sudden thirst for an adventure? Love? What is it that would bring forth the involvement of a Punkie who's family, for the most part, has elected to sit on the sidelines for hundreds of years?"

He leaned back, though the room was dark it was clear that the two of them were surrounded by multiple individuals, clearly if things were going to become physical Johnny was ready for such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Kain didn’t like where Johnny’s questions were heading, but he was only halfway through a bagel so this was not the time to get too defiant about it.

“We’ve all got our time of action.” He decided to reply with a shrug. He wasn’t going to consider the exact reasons for his involvement, though protecting a world he loved and people who didn’t deserve to be part of some crazy plot might have something to do with it.
And surely Johnny didn’t know that much about him or his family, maybe about the one that raised him, sure, but not the one that birthed and burdened him with secrets. Right? He didn’t just leave his foster father’s place covered in warnings to immediately run into some Ephember hunting party, right?

“So what about the Scots? What’s your client’s problem with them, exactly? Maybe I can stay out of whatever this is about.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Johnny flashed a charismatic smile and leaned back, "Of course you could walk away, however... you haven't"

He stood and walked to the bar behind him, grabbing a bottle of scotch and bringing it to the table. Popping the cork he poured each of them a glass, neat, and slid one over to Kain. It wouldn't take much observation to notice it was the exact same Scotch Sionn had offered him when they were back in Scotland.

He sat back down and spoke, finally addressing Kain's question, "My client's dealings with the Scots is not the point of discussion, however if it helps, a member of my clients family is dead because of them. Other than that, I am less at liberty to discuss the few details I know, as I said, my involvement is to ascertain YOUR involvement."

He swirled the drink in his hand and watched the golden liquid for a moment before looking up at him again, "Tell me about Carla... lovely young lady that one. What is her part in all of this?"
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 pm

“I too detest murderers.” Kain said as he took the whisky and smelled the aroma, observed the oiliness and eventually tasted it. They served much better whisky than bagels, that much was for sure.

“One might say that’s exactly why I’ve involved myself, I don’t want to find myself surrounded by even more death, like what I found in Japan.

Speaking of things I found in Japan, Carla is one of them. Uh, except that she's not an object... You know what I mean... She’s one of the few people to survive the whole ordeal, is what I'm trying to say. You see the connection?”

It almost felt like a crime to follow up the whisky with more bagel, but he said he’d eat two, so he’d better keep munching.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Johnny nodded and responded, "Men of our stature and sophistication don't resort to or condone murder unless it is absolutely necessary, of course, our views are shared by everyone that inhabits this planet."

Johnny listened as Kain spoke about Carla and smiled knowingly, understanding Kain's explanation despite its lack of polish. He quirked a brow as Kain grabbed a second bagel and spoke again, "I don't see the connection, especially considering the source of the information."

As Kain looked at him he continued, "Punkies, in everyones experience, don't do anything without thinking through every move or implied consequence... might be why nobody ever wants to play chess with one."

He leaned back and sipped his whiskey, "In a way however, that is exactly what this is, a game of chess. So Mr. Wattson, what's your next move? You are done visiting your Father, and you wished to meet up with your Carla and friends in San Francisco. Why San Francisco? What is so important about that place that has you all congregating there?"
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:59 pm

“She’s was a pretty face, but with her surviving Japan she’s become a reminder of the good I can -- and should do.

I’ll let you in on a secret, you don’t play chess – or checkers, or go, or trivial pursuit for that matter – with a Punkie, because we don’t forget how to respond to every move. And we’ve played our fair share of chess, few moves can surprise us. But those are games, they’re bound by simple rules. I’m not going to claim to have every answer to the riddles of life.”

Kain then thought for a moment, why was he going to San Francisco? Because that’s where they agreed to go? Because its where they were most likely to find the druids? Pretty much, right?

“We’ve not played the earthquake game that often, but San Francisco is certainly a field in play, and one with a high point value to boot. Seems like the winning move.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:07 pm

"Well said Kain, well said indeed."

Johnny smiled and nodded as he sipped his drink and then set the glass down on the table before smoothing out his coat and looking up and across at Kain once again, "San Francisco does make sense if one is playing the earthquake game. It is only a winning move if all the opposition that can interrupt the victory is first removed from the board however."

He looked across at Kain, "I am sorry to have to do this to you Mr. Wattson, you do seem like a reasonable and intelligent fellow. It has been a long time since I have been able to have an intelligent conversation with someone on the other side of the board."

He turned and nodded to his left and the movement of several individuals could be heard coming towards them. Johnny stood up and looked down at Kain, straightening his clothing and rubbing the knot in his tie, "Good-bye Mr. Wattson..."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Kain nodded politely as he put the bagel down.

“A pleasue, to be sure.” He responded to Johnny’s cordial behavior.

As the man made sure everything he wore was in place Kain finished the whisky swiftly, as he might not get a chance later and then grabbed the cylinder in which he kept his stave. It seemed like this was as good a time as any to give it a whirl, but he’d first need to get the stupid lid to twist off. Stupid round, smooth cylinders! What good have you ever done for anyone?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Johnny stepped back as five men, all rather large and clearly skilled rushed at Kain. Their haste was increased when they saw he had retrieved something from seemingly nowhere and was fumbling with it. One of them yelled, "GET HIM!"

The spread out in a semi-circle and were now within ten feet of him and closing fast.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Can’t a guy have a bagel in peace!?

He probably shouldn’t have screwed the lid on so tightly after he mounted the lightning stone and put the stave back inside this morning. Hindsight, huh?
Clearly these charming people weren’t going to sit around for him to actually beat the true adversary he faced; the cylinder. Instead he got off his ass and positioned himself to face his assailants, ever fumbling with the cylinder.
They got around and close quickly enough, but then eyed each other to see who’d get the first swing. Kain might not have his hands on his weapon of choice just yet, but he nevertheless threatened any possible move with getting swung at by a metal cylinder.
It didn’t take long for one of them to think it less than scary to be facing a small man with a metal tube he couldn’t even open! And from the left the man came in throwing his leg towards Kain with swiftness and force. Kain could still dive aside in time and swung the cylinder at the leg in response.
No one enjoys getting their shins smacked with a fairly heavy metal object, but it gets worse when it’s under quite the electrical charge to boot. The man couldn’t help but yelp and spasm in response. The cylinder let off a little visible crackle of electricity and any followups the others had considered were immediately reconsidered.
Kain had now shared his party trick, surely this would only deter them for a moment, but any moment stalled was fine by him. The man who so bravely risk his leg was now regaining his composure and they’d surely try again soon.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Howling in pain and rolling across the floor, harmlessly finding himself on the other side of Kain, the man hit a table and managed to get back to his feet, however the lingering pain from both the impact and the shock to his leg was having a numbing affect that would certainly linger a while. The other four Henchmen took half a step back but not wanting to disappoint their boss, who was watching them as he stepped back a little further, all decided to rush the wee man at once. Two of them had produced stun guns and a third a black jack. Knocking Kain unconscious rather than killing was obvious, however every option coming at him looked unpleasant at best.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Oh, sure, now they want to go ahead and use weapons, pff! Wussies!
Hope your mothers are proud of you, you bunch of babies.
Regardless, Kain now had more to deal with, and given his lack of success with the cylinder he decided to toss it at the closest adversary. It once more carried a serious charge, so it would be ever so unfortunate if it were to hit anyone before it could touch the ground. Oh, clumsy old Kain!

He followed the toss up with a flight to the side and fished his trusty old extendable rod out of his pocket instead. He flicked it with his wrist and sure enough it extended in one swift motion crackling with electricity that overflowed and leapt from the tip and licked at anything within a few feet. Kain decided he most certainly did not like the look of the burly man with the blackjack and kept his eye on him most of all, any sudden moves from that guy, or anything threatening from one of the others and he wouldn’t hesitate to release a bolt right at them, and those did a lot more than simply sting a little.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 am

Kain's metal cylinder made contact with one of the attackers, a vicious blue spark arched out and wrapped around the man's chest and the smell of burnt cloth and ozone filled the air. The other three hesitated a moment and came in again as Kain produced a second weapon seemingly out of nowhere. An arc of electricity erupted form the tip and blasted the closest assailant, he howled and then hit the floor in a whimper, dropping his stun gun and oscillating gently on the ground as the effects numbed his body.

Three remained, one with a blackjack, one a stun gun, and a third unarmed. They stopped now and faced Kain who eyed each in anticipation.

A blond woman had stepped out from the shadows and was now standing beside Johnny, both were a safe distance from melee. She turned to Johnny and whispered, "Impressive."

Johnny kept his eyes on Kain, "Quite impressive, I can see why our client doesn't want to have him as a factor against her plans."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces LexyBanner

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces AidanBanner

As Lexy came downstairs with Aurora and Ean she smiled at Carla and was about to speak when she caught movement and turned to see Aidan walking from the kitchen. She nervously stepped forward and bowed her head respectfully and spoke, "Master Aidan, you honor me by coming to my home."

Aidan reached over and touched Lexy on the shoulder with a gentle touch, "Now now Lexy, such formalities are not necessary in your home."

Lexy looked up at him and spoke, "Begging your forgiveness Master Aidan, I would feel uncomfortable otherwise."

Aidan looked around at the others in the room briefly and then looked back at her, leaning in and whispering, "Very well, but no more of this honoring stuff, it is a privilege to be in your home." With a blush she nervously tucked several errant strands of hair behind her ears, suddenly very self conscience about being in bed cloths. She cleared her throat softly and spoke, "Aurora and Ean were good enough to make food while I was unable. Please help yourself to whatever you like Master Aidan."

Aidan smiled and spoke, "Yes yes, I have already spoken to Ean and Aurora, they said the same and I have already had my fill."

Lexy looked at Ean, furrowing her brows and pursing her lips, "Ya great knob! How long has Master Aidan been here? You let me come down to my instructor dressed like a Nanny?!"

Ean's mouth went agap and Lexy thumped him a good one on the arm. He recoiled in mock pain and laughed, "I am sorry Lex... really, I was just happy you were awake and it slipped my mind."

Lexy looked at him and spoke, "Well perhaps I should start forgetting some details around her too, like when your breakfast time it supposed to be."

Aidan laughed and shook his head looking to Aurora and Carla, "Ahhh there is nothing as entertaining as a small bit of sibling rivalry."

Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces LQUnhE

Carla wasn’t sure what to make of the banter between such close people. She had neither siblings nor the kind of relationship Lexy clearly had with her mentor. And even though she didn’t really understand what was going on it was nice to be in the presence of such love and caring instead of the cold, and oft deviously catty, company she usually kept.

“I’m just glad they’re starting to wake up.” She replied to Aiden, though she did chuckle at the whole ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Now that his assailants decided to hand Kain the initiative he might as well continue knocking them on their asses. He held his rod in front of him and held it with both his hands. The electricity stopped leaping from it sporadically but instead the tip became bright and hot and as Kain built up the charge for a moment he pulled the rod back like a baseball bat until he released his swing and a bolt of lightning leapt from the rod towards the wielder of the blackjack.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

The henchman with the blackjack couldn't move fast enough and the bolt hit him dead in the chest, he howled a mere second and his smoking body hit the ground, death convulsions remained for another couple seconds but the life left his eyes and his limp body went motionless.

The other three charged at once, they did not know what the weapon Kain wielded could do, but they had observed it had charged, and their collective assumption was that they had a small window of opportunity to take him in one massive rush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces   Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch12 - Picking up the Pieces
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: