Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 KaliBlack
http://www.ladzinski.org/rp/ceriBanner.jpg " border="0" alt=""/>

Kali nodded softly to Tanjee and spoke, “Soon I will be gone Tanjee, I am not certain another opportunity for us to ride will present itself.”

She looked at the Elfess and her eyes softened slightly, “You did very well last night, one could never accuse you of a lack of bravery.”

She nodded again and as Tanjee departed she turned back to Rayann and Ceridwyn. She looked at her mother as she asked about wanting tea. Kali nodded softly and spoke, “We rode all night without me taking my medicine, a glass would sooth me before we meet this Amayth Reniatess.”

The three of them walked to Rayann’s quarters in the castle and Kali sat heavily. Ceridwyn brought her hot water before she could even ask and Kali nodded as she took it, “I suppose I should just assume you will fuss over me whenever we are near.”

Ceridwyn laughed lightheartedly and spoke, “Any daughter of Rayann’s is a daughter of mine.”

Kali looked at her and raised an eyebrow, “Then I must be a major disappointment.” She gestured to Ceridwyn’s pristine white robes and cocked her charismatic half smile. It was a smile that despite her facial scaring still held an element of charm to it.

Kali sipped the tea in silence for the time being and it was obvious by the look on her face she was in a great deal more pain than she had been letting on. Of course being who Kali was showing weakness of any kind was contrary to her outlook on life as well as her personality.

Ceridwyn sat and inhaled her honey mint tea. She looked over at Rayann and spoke, “It still amazes me that a male who attempted to murder me will be my husband by midnight.”

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 BranchBanner
Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 OlwaBanner

Olwa suddenly felt like the third wheel. During their rest branch and Pela spoke so much he barely had a chance to get a word in edge wise. He sat, mostly in silence as the two of the exchanged stories and laughed softly in the morning warmth.

After they had all eaten enough dried venison to fill their bellies and Pela had told them about Pashin Branch nodded and spoke, “Branch does not intend on being a victim either, and Branch especially will see to Master and Istar’ostrings safety.”

They gathered their things up and Olwa spoke, “I say we travel until noon and then get a few hours of sleep before nightfall. If we travel all through the night we should be to Sithelnost by noon tomorrow at that pace.” Branch nodded and spoke, “Branch agrees, we can then rest until next moonrise and continue on to the Borderlands.”

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 RayannRed

Rayann watched Kali closely without being obvious. As they settled into comfortable chairs and each enjoyed their tea, the silence that enveloped the three was welcome. As Ceri looked over at Rayann and confessed her amazement, Rayann laughed softly and nodded her head.

”Indeed. It seems our paths took similar lines when it came to that, my friend. There’s a special bond you get with a person when unlikely circumstances bring you together. And I’ve always heard opposites attract so….”

She shook her head again when she heard Ceri laugh softly.

”I can’t wait to see what you’re going to look like when the ceremony arrives. And I can’t wait to see the way Aeolis will look at you when he sees you walking towards him to become his wife. No doubt he will want to hurry the ceremony along so he can finally get you alone.”

Rayann saw the way Ceri blushed and the look she received from Kali and she grinned.

”Well….it’s true….”

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Pela

Pela was starting to understand Branch a little more as the elfess began to loosen up around her and Olwa. She knew Branch was full of knowledge but she never realized how much until she started getting to know the elfess. As they stood up and Olwa let them know how much longer they had to go before Sithelnost, Pela was even more grateful for Branch’s thoughtfulness for the cold strips of cloth.

Looking over at Olwa, she smiled and took his hand in hers for a moment letting him feel for himself the coolness back in her touch. Seeing the smile that tugged at the corners of his mouth, she nodded. Looking back at Branch, she smiled and nodded.

”Let us onward then. I will be fine with Branch’s clever idea. In fact, I feel as if I can go for a good while now.”

As the trio headed out again, Pela felt with each hour they put between them and Silvanost, the more the weight was lifting off her shoulders. She regretted not telling Kali, Rayann and Myth good bye but she knew it was far better for her to leave this way. When they settled into her old home, she would send word to Glen Durel they were all safe.

Until then, she would keep pushing herself.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Color_10Tara was walking on cloud nine and it was showing by the way she was glowing walking hand in hand with Gideon. They toured the elven city, talking about the children back at Heartlund. Keatara voiced her worries about them with her being gone and Gideon would smile at her, assuring her that they were fine in James' care.

They stopped long enough to get something to eat at a beautiful eating hall, enjoying the taste of the delicious food. Every elf that came by had a smile for them or a soft 'hello'. After eating, they resumed their stroll, coming to an area with elven younglings. Before Gideon could stop her, Tara was in the middle of them, telling them stories of her land and the antics she and her brothers had played. He watched her in silence, his dark eyes taking in her beauty as she laughed with them. ~She is so beautiful and she doesn't even realize it~, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 am

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Ladyrose2
Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Mythban2

With the rising of the morning sun the portal connected Heartlund Keep swirled to life. Rose and her retinue of arrived greeted by Myth and the other commanders that had helped defend Heartlund. Both leaders had a great deal upon their minds but for the moment they put those worries aside and focused instead upon the festivities around them. Myth took note that Larrisa disappeared shortly after they had arrived and when he asked Rose said Larrisa had personal things to attend to and had returned to Heartlund. With matters well in hand he took the knight commander on a tour of the city.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Larissa

Larissa slipped away to her family home leaving the company of Lady Rose and her brother Myth. As she drew near she slipped off her pendant letting the human illusion fade revealing her full elven form. With a nod to the guards they snapped to attention as she passed. She had months of grime and dirt to wipe away before the wedding that evening. She managed a quick stop to see her nephew before slipping off to her quarters. She was looking forward to the evenings festivities.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Pirabanner

Piramay sat in what appeared to be quiet meditation in the center of the great gardens. In truth she sat in concentration a single tether of her magic seeped down deep into the earth beneath her. It reached deep and beyond the great wardings of Sylvanost and from there the tether spread into a web. It reached into the molten core pulling materials forming and molding them into an instrument of her will. A pleasant sigh escaped her lips as she worked her magic below.

She was lost to her work when she felt the presences of three familiar individuals entering the gardens. She pulled back the tendril of power leaving a spark deep below with her creation. It was enough to allow her to control her creation but not enough to draw notice. Before to long she would be greeted by faces that she knew all to well.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 CeriBanner

After finishing their tea Kali looked at Ceridwyn and Rayann, “I am interested in meeting Amayth, shall we?”

The two ladies looked at her and could not help but understand. Kali was not much for long social visits, even before her taking of the black robes she would get antsy with too much idleness and would be ready to move on faster than most. She stood and began to walk to the grand gardens where a guard had told them earlier the elusive mage had entered. Ceridwyn and Rayann caught up quickly and the three of them entered the picture perfect setting.

Amayth was near the far end, even from here they could see her easily and Kali whispered, “and thus the mystery stirs…”

Ceridwyn looked at her curiously but Kali never made eye contact. It was a strange thing to see one of each order of High Sorcery walking together. Kali’s robe was up high and low as it usually was, her eyes locked on the mysterious mage across the gardens. As they walked she felt a strange sensation, a signature, magical, ominous, yet strangely inviting. It was familiar but foreign all at the same time, and she felt slightly fuzzy, as if her thoughts weren’t in their normally perfect order. She paused a half step and then continued, pushing her will against her own mind and clearing her head. As they approached Amayth stood and smiled pleasantly. Ceridwyn moved ahead of the other two and held her hand to the visitor and spoke softly, “It is a great honor to have you attending my ceremonies this evening, I don’t even remember that we sent you an invitation but things have been such a whirlwind I must have simply forgotten.”

Kali glanced at the Elfess, noting her words. She had never known Ceridwyn to forget anything, gods knows she always seemed to have a lesson from five hundred years back that would conveniently crop into her head no matter what the situation. Kali looked back at Amayth and spoke after she had responded to Ceridwyn, “Greetings Amayth, I am Kali.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Piramay stood hands clasped before her but hidden by the sleeves of her robes. Her hair was braided and she wore a circlet of silver leaves in her hair this morning. It was clear that she was an elf that had seen many decades of life but her beauty still radiated. She bowed respectively to the woman as they approached her. Her eyes settled upon each of them a moment before she spoke. "Greetings and good morning to you all."

She straightened herself listening to both Ceridwyn and Kali. "My presence was requested by the royal family Lady Ceridwyn. The Queen wanted me to bestow a blessing upon the ceremony. I hope that you do not mind..."

She inclined her head to Kali "Greetings to you as well Princess Kali..." her eyes shifted to Rayann "I would presume this to be your mother the Lady Rayann.... wife to Crown Prince Myth'alas." Her eyes settled on Kali once more looking the girl over. Piramay supressed her smile even managing to frown slightly as she looked upon the damage upon Kali's face.

Wiping away the frown she smiled as her arms parted "Truly a fortuitous day to be meeting with wizard's of such prominence, and diversity."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Kali was a woman of her own accord now but there were some things a mother was naturally intuitive to and Rayann knew her daughter well enough to know there was something her daughter was sensing that caused her to grow quiet and studious. There was a seriousness to Kali that Rayann had seen only in times of strategic planning or deep concentration.

While Rayann didn’t know it but her thoughts were similar to those of her daughter. There was something vaguely familiar about this elfess but what, she couldn’t remember. Rayann had heard the name whispered among the different High Sorcery societies but she had never personally met the elfess. So where was this sensation coming from?

As they approached and Ceridwyn greeted the elfess, Rayann paid very close attention to the interaction her daughter and this elfess would have with each other. As Amayth stood, Rayann noticed the way she held herself and the beauty she still possessed even after many years of life. As Amayth greeted them all and spoke to her, Rayann smiled and inclined her head slightly in affirmation.

”I am. And as Ceridwyn said, we are very glad you could make it for the ceremonies.”

As Ceridwyn motioned for Amayth to sit down, Rayann, Kali and Ceri sat down on the bench opposite the elfess and once more Rayann became the quiet observer much as she did when she first entered the wizard’s society and studied the art of magic.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am

Ceridwyn smiled pleasantly and spoke, “Of course I don’t mind Amayth. How incredibly thoughtful of the Mistress of the Stars to invite you to give a blessing, and how gracious of you to accept. I am honored to have a wizard of such standing bestow the blessing Solinari over the union of myself and Aeolis. Truly a gift.”

Kali looked at Ceridwyn, her face was resemblant of a child in a sweets shop and Kali studied her a moment. Again Kali felt a fuzziness in her head and she inhaled slow and deliberately to focus her mind and center herself. She noted how Amayth frowned at her scar and she removed the black hood which obscured most of her face. Kali suddenly had a look of pride and even smugness on her face. The hair on the left side of her head was purposely and deliberately pinned and tucked up behind her ear to display the scars prominently. She said nothing but it would be obvious to Amayth that she wasn’t in the least bit ashamed of the marks on her face and even seemed proud of them.

“So how long will you be staying Mistress Amayth?” Ceridywn’s face was hopeful as she asked the question, looking for answers that might suggest she would be here tomorrow as well. “The ceremonies are this evening but I would love to sit with you tomorrow at fast’s breaking and share a sip of tea with you. There are so many truths and knowledges we could share. As fellows of the white robes I would be honored to share some time with you.”

Kali glanced inconspicuously towards Rayann, Kali was out of sorts, she wasn’t talking like normal. There was a lilt to her voice which wasn’t normally there and Kali could not figure if it was the fore coming ceremonies that had her so flighty or something else. Her look to Rayann was not one of concern but more of curiosity, a familiar facial expression that Rayann had seen so many times before when Kali was sorting the pieces of the puzzle around in her mind and looking for answers to questions.

She then turned back to Amayth and slipped in a sentence, it was deliberate and precise, like the flight of an Elven arrow it struck the bulls eye, “I was not planning on staying the evening Amayth, however if you were planning to stay until morning I would see it fit to come back and participate in the meal. Though are robes are a contradiction to one another, as fellows of the Art there are so many truths and knowledges we could share.”

Her bright blue and deep lavender eyes locked on Amayth, watching for anything, searching for something… surly her words of echo to Ceridwyn’s own would find a response that would give her more insight into this ghost of a wizard’s intentions.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:38 pm

A soft smile played across Amayth's lips as Ceridwyn and Kali asked their questions. She sat in thought for a moment keeping her inner joy bottled away. The confusion on Kali's face was delightful but she remained thoughtful of her emotions and thoughts, especially with Rayann present amongst the group. Her abilities were well known to Piramay and other members of the dark court. Regardless she took in a breath and bowed her head slightly

"If the fates deem it so... I would be glad to break the morrow's fast with you all." she looked to Kali and Rayann inclining her head.

"My duties do not allow me a great deal of luxury time, but I left things in good order before I left. Alas only time itself will determine what I ultimately have the time for." Piramay shifted her eyes looking west her eyes loosing their focus as if paying attention to other things a moment before she looked back tot he women before her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am

Kali narrowed her eyes slightly and looked at Amayth, her familiar crooked smile crossed her lips, a smile that was both cynical and pleasant, “Imagine that, a High Sorcerer who’s duties do not allow a great deal of luxury time. One can only imagine what us lesser Sorcerers are doing not sequestering ourselves in the hills and refusing to devote ourselves to our duties as practitioners of The Art.”

Ceridwyn and Rayann both looked at her with shock on their faces, the cynicism dripping from Kali’s words wasn’t even the least bit masked, “Luckily you left your affairs in good order so you might grace us with your presence Master Magi, both today and ‘maybe’ in the morrow. Ultimately however even the ‘greatest among us’ is a slave to time assigning her marching orders for the day…”

“Kali!”

She turned and looked at Ceridwyn. The Elfess’ face was red and furious with Kali’s behavior. Kali looked at her with indifference as she spoke, “I will see you this evening at the ceremonies.” Her eyes showed no remorse and even less regret as she looked over Ceridwyn to Rayann, “I will see you this evening as well I presume.”

Rayann gave a half-restrained nod and Kali turned walking from the gardens, a sneer crossed her lips as she snapped the pieces of the puzzle into place. Even the mysterious Amayth had a weakness, for in Kali’s mind one who allows their schedule to control them rather than controlling their schedule was weak and vulnerable in many, many ways.

Ceridwyn watched as Kali’s black robes disappeared from the gate and she turned, taking Amayth’s hands in her own. The mysterious magi’s hands were warm and inviting, Ceri couldn’t help but feel a sense of comfort in the presence of this woman, “I apologize on behalf of Kali, though she is most likely not even sorry. Too often she removes her tongue’s restraints and acts like a spoiled brat.”

Ceridwyn felt Rayann’s eyes suddenly look upon her, but she kept her own focus on Amayth.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:10 am

Piramay stood there as Kali acted exactly as she had anticipated. Their were many things that she had learned of Kali in their time at the towers. The woman's devotion to the art was admirable and her opinion of those who did not devote themselves as deeply was worse than ever before. The woman's outlook and drive truly fit the robes that she now walked in. Her smile never wavered even as Ceridwyn did her best to excuse the young woman's actions.

"I take no offense from her words... I expect as much from someone wearing the black robes of Nuitari." She cleared her throat casually removing her hand from Ceridwyns falling in step beside the woman.

She looked to Rayann for a moment "I of course mean no disrespect towards her or yourself Lady Rayann. There just some common personality traits common amongst those of the black robe. That is not to say that we who done the white are any better, we to have our faults."

Piramay cleared her throat "Still I worry for the young woman. I had heard some details of the trials in Heartlund, about what she did, and what happened to her as a result. It saddens me to see such a prodigous women embittered towards the gods like that. Devoted fully towards the aquisition of power so that she might seek some semblence of justice.

"I do have one question that I am hesitant to ask, but feel compelled to. You were both in Heartlund... was one of the mages she turned on indeed a woman named Piramay?" Her voice sounded as if the question itself haunted her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 am

Ceridwyn turned and looked at Amayth and nodded her head in solemn response, “Yes, it was Piramay the Inquisitor, and the black robe was Fifth of the Order of the Dragon. They manipulated circumstances and blasphemed the gods themselves by managing to tear a rift into the very fabric of our world which allowed the ancient magic to come through. From what I have been able to discern and piece together through on site research as well as discussions with Kali, they used the soul energy of Krynn’s citizens after they slaughtered them and twisted it with the raw magic to create a sort of symbiosis between the two, thus allowing them to tap into the power.”

Ceridwyn seemed slightly pale but continued, “All power requires a sacrifice, and Fifth and Piramay were more than willing to sacrifice as many lives as necessary to pursue their own path of power acquisition. Fifth had been courting Kali to join them for some time. As you know Amayth though ancient magic is the very magic the gods research and tap into to grant us our abilities it still resides within a structure of balance. There is no doubt that Piramay is a mistress of high precision when it comes to manipulating the element of fire. Though I disagree and hold in contempt anything I have seen her do I admire her tenacity when it comes to the pursuit of her abilities. It is a shame we didn’t discover her earlier so she could be taught proper magic. Fifth on the other hand was nothing short of greedy and power hungry. But even he knew that within the pursuit of power there had to be a natural balance. Playing on his ability to wield shadow magic and Piramay’s ability to wield fire he was attempting to find another wizard powerful enough to by a lynch pin in the equation… Kali.”

She saw the understanding in Amayth’s eyes and continued, “Kali could bridge the gap and unite their power with the balance all magic requires, however she was an enemy of their cause. When she walked into the warding that day all our hearts broke, we were certain that she had abandoned the cause of protection and balance to pursue her own lust for power. As it turned out, her plan all along was to infiltrate, deceive and ultimately destroy the workings going on within the wardings of the three towers, and as you know she was successful in that plan. With every great pursuit comes great consequences however, and Piramay struck out while the rift was closing. She managed one last spell that would have killed many if it hadn’t been for Kali protecting them and taking the brunt of the spell upon herself.”

She inhaled softly and continued, “The explosion scarred her face but the gods scarred her heart and her soul. I was certain that Mishikal would see it fit to grant healing to one who had sacrificed and given so much for the masses, however in doing what she did she offended the gods for though she ultimately destroyed what was the biggest threat to Krynn’s existence she also participated in the perverse practice of ambient, raw magic… a practice the gods believe is reserved only for themselves. Mishikal did not grant her healing, Lunitari withdrew from her, and Kali was alone. Only Nuitari in the end fully understood her, he granted her magic and a path… Kali being who she is embraced her new god and stepped out in pursuit of her new life.”

Ceridwyn turned and looked at Rayann, she could see that this was the first time even her best friend was getting the whole story about her daughter. Ceridwyn reached and took Rayann’s hand in her own, “Though I disagree with what Kali did, how she did it, how she offended the gods and ultimately what happened to her, it is not our place to question the decisions of the gods, and we simply must move on with events as they had unfolded and moved us on in this world. Kali has lived anything but a life of being a princess, she has tread a hard path and the events have molded and shaped her into the woman she is today.”

She turned and looked at Amayth, “To get to the answer, yes it was Piramay, and referring to your comment about looking for a semblance of justice I fear you are right, Kali is looking to track down Piramay and kill her.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Rayann observed everyone closely. While it appears as though she were taking a normal interest in those around her and the subject being discussed, she was actually listening on a higher level. Her empathetic ability was well known and while it had become second nature to her to block out the thoughts of others to prevent herself from intruding, at times she almost forgot the warning signs presented to her in other ways. Almost as though she had become desensitized to them.

And it was that particular thought that brought Rayann to the level she was at. The fuzziness that Kali felt in her head was almost like a buzzing in Rayann’s. Like a pesky insect you shoo away with a swipe of your hand. When Rayann finally took the time to concentrate on that strange buzzing, she began to focus in on her surroundings and the more she paid attention to the mysterious elfess, the more she began to realize the two were somehow connected.

As Kali spoke in her brash manner, Ceridwyn tried to smooth things over for her the younger woman’s behavior. And while Ceri would have thought Rayann would be upset at her daughter, it was quite the opposite. Rayann knew Kali was figuring things out as well but in her own way. And the look on Ceri’s face gave Rayann another indication things were not exactly as they appeared to be.

That buzzing in Rayann’s head was like a warning bell and she was going to heed it’s warning but she had to be diplomatic about things for fear of bringing trouble, and possibly danger, to the people she had come to love and cherish as much as she did her own family.

As Kali excused herself, Rayann sent her a small missive that wasn’t words of any kind but it was a language Rayann and Kali spoke without needing words. When the time was right, Rayann would seek her daughter out and discuss this further with her but for now, she would remain with Ceri.

As Ceri answered the elfess’ question, Rayann furrowed her brows slightly and cleared her throat softly to ease her way into the conversation and turn it around.

”I’m sure you didn’t come all this way to hear of such things, though, Amayth. We are here to celebrate Ceridwyn’s nuptials and if I am reading the dimming light in the sky correctly, it will be happening much sooner than we think. And the bride isn’t ready yet. So if you will excuse us….I believe I need to get Ceridwyn back to the palace to prepare for the ceremony.”

Giving Amayth a pleasant smile, she hooked her arm with Ceri’s in an attempt to put some space between them and the mysterious elfess.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:20 am

Ceridwyn seemed hesitant to leave Amayth's presence, and with a slight hesitation she looked up at the sun which was beginning to fall off to the west. She reached a hand as Rayann practically pulled her away, "Thank-you again Amayth for your attendance, I look forward to hearing your blessing this evening!"

As the two ladies exited the garden Ceridwyn spoke, "It was so nice of her to attend don't you think dear friend? To have a magi of her prestige and status overseeing the nuptials will make it all the more pleasant, I am so excited to see Aeolis' reaction when the great Amayth stands to present the blessing of light on us!"

Ceridwyn seemed starry eyed and strange, like a fog was over her thoughts. She was herself, but her voice was a bit flighty and even more wistful than usual. She reached and put her hand on Rayann's forearm squeezing it tightly, "You seem distracted and in thought my Princess... worry not, if it is about the preparations we still have plenty of time."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Theelfess remained attentive as Ceridwyn explained in some detail the events of Heartlund. Though nothing that the woman revealed was truly new to her. She had afterall been witness and participant to everything that had happened. The power that they had weilded while in control of those towers was nothing short of intoxicating. Her senses still tingled from the memory of that power alone, but it paled in comparrison to the power that had rebuilt her after the tower's creation. The indescribable warmth was not like anything she would likely experience again and that fact alone infuriated her, Kali infuriated her. Fifth offered her power and she had flung it back in their face. As Ceridwyn brought her story to a close she felt the bile rising up in her thoat and did her best to maintain her nuetral look as the white robed woman talked.

She cleared her thoat and shook her head. "Indeed a waste to be certain... Sadly I feel nothing good will come of the situation in the long run."

Amayth inclined her head as Rayann shifted the subject and referenced the time. "You are indeed correct Lady Rayann... it is a joyous day. One to be remembered for the ages." With a bow she bid the women farewell and returned to her meditations in the garden. A bracelet slipped down and Piramay softly caressed the jewel as she smiled. The experiment had gone better thanshe would have hoped.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Rayann glanced over at Ceridwyn as they departed Amayth’s company and merely nodded.

”I know, Ceri. It’s just that I want you to have time to rest a little before the events begin. It’s important for Aeolis to have a refreshed bride on his hands and not one who is too tired to enjoy herself.”

Rayann’s eyes glanced around to see if there was anyone else around them. When she was well clear of the mysterious mage, she sent a missive to her husband knowing he would understand why she didn’t explain things completely to him.

~A’maelamin…..discreetly place reinforcements around the city. While I hope it’s for nothing, I fear we may have a wolf in sheep’s clothing among the flock this eve. If I’m right, we will know before the night is over but I pray to Lunitari I am wrong.~

Quickly following that missive, she sent one to her daughter knowing she would be expecting it.

~Ceri and I are headed back to the palace. I may not know exactly what is happening here, but I do know there is more to the mage that meets the eye.~

As more and more population began to appear, Rayann knew they were growing closer to the palace and when she saw the beautiful spires appear in the sky, she felt her tension slowly ease slightly. Escorting Ceridwyn into the palace and to her suite, Rayann closed the door behind them and walked over to take a gentle but firm hold of Ceri’s shoulders. Furrowing her brows slightly, Rayann spoke to her best friend.

”Ceri? Are you feeling…..alright? You seem a little….distracted yourself?”

Rayann knew she had to be very careful in how she worded her questions and she treaded on egg shells until she would be certain whatever fog had invaded Ceri’s mind was lifted. While Rayann didn’t know the secret Amayth held, she knew there was more to the elfess than what appeared on the surface and that bothered her more than anything.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Kali heard her mothers voice in her head and when the two of them entered Ceridwyn's chambers Kali was already there. She didn't say anything as she sat by the fireside and sipped her medical tea. Her eyes made brief contact with Rayann's and though no words passed between them Rayann would know that Kali had heard her mother's words and was present.

Ceridwyn looked at Rayann with her sweet smile and placed her open palm on Rayann's face speaking softly, "Of course I am alright my Princess, were you not too distracted on your wedding day?"

Ceridwyn turned and looked towards the fire, noticing that Kali was sitting there, her smile faded slightly and she spoke, "Kali... I wasn't aware you were in my chambers."

Kali looked at Ceridwyn and spoke hoarsely, "Would it have made a difference?"

Ceridwyn furrowed her thin, silky brows slightly and responded, "Of course not I would have simply greeted you is all... of course one can only wonder after your behavior in the garden what brings you here so promptly."

She turned and looked at Rayann who was watching Ceridwyn with a look of concern. Ceridwyn seemed to stare at her with a hollow expression for a moment and then blinked, looking around her room..., "I... "

She turned and looked at Kali and smiled, "Kali, would you please retrieve my wedding gown?"

Kali glanced at her mother and then immediately back to Ceridwyn, "Of course."

Kali stood and exited the room into the adjoining chamber to retrieve the ornate and elegant garment. Ceridwyn turned to Rayann and smiled but her face went to concern and sadness, "What my friend? What has you troubled? I can see it in your eyes, what has happened?"

Rayann would see that whatever fog was on her friends face was gone, her chestnut brown eyes were clear and focused, it was as if she didn't even remember what had just been said two minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:59 am

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 NolBanner

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 RajuBanner

Raju walked into Kellan’s room and smiled brightly. Kellan looked up at Raju and as she did Raju spun and put her arms out twirling the hundreds of shimmering pleats that made up her bright blue gown and revealing her shimmering silver shoes. She stopped and let her momentum take her arms past her body so she was leaning to the side and then giggled, “Ever since I was a little whelping I have loved to twirl, especially in a dress this pretty.”

She walked over to Kellan and whispered, “One can only wonder what I will wear when you wed my cousin aye?”

As she leaned back she saw the slight flush in Kellan’s cheeks and she touched her hand to Kellan’s face, “When the time is right, after we are sisters.”

Stepping back Raju let her hands slide down Kellan’s arms and she looked at her, “You look absolutely perfect Kellan, absolutely… perfect. It’s almost sickening to be honest.”

Kellan would see the playful glimmer in Raju’s eyes, the glimmer that always seemed to be there and only brightened when she was making smart ass remarks. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Raju looked to the door and then back to Kellan who was already smiling instinctively, “I can only hope and dream that someday I have a smile that can’t be helped when I hear a knock on the door.” Kellan looked at her and her cheeks went slightly flush, Raju leaned in and kissed Kellan on the cheek, “To love is an honor sister.”

Raju walked over to the door and opened it. Nol looked up and smiled warmly as he looked at his cousin. Raju gave him a once over and even though he was dressed more dashingly than Kellan had ever seen him Raju spoke, “You don’t expect to escort the Lady Kellan to the ceremonies looking like a bum do you?”

Raju spoke with such a straight face that Nol furrowed his brows and looked down at himself and then back to his cousins face with clear concern and confusion on his face. He was about to speak and Raju interrupted, “At least you remembered to bring Kellan flowers, come in.”

Nol stepped into the room and Raju looked over his shoulder from behind at Kellan as he turned to face her and Kellan would see that Raju was barely containing her laughter.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Rayann was between a rock and a hard place. Did she divulge what she suspected to Ceri and perhaps ruin the most significant and special day in her life? Or remain quiet about it all and hope nothing happened?

How preposterous was that last question? Of course something was going to happen. Especially considering the fact Kali was aware something wasn’t right. Rayann could feel it as though she could feel moisture building for a coming rain storm off the coast from Glen Durel. It was just a matter of time. No. Rayann owed it to her friend to let her know something was amiss. Better for Ceri to be prepared than caught blindsided.

Taking a deep breath, Rayann let it out slowly as she tried her best to explain what happened and what she suspected.

”Ceri….do you remember your meeting with Amayth? Was there anything unusual about it?”

Seeing the blank look she received from Ceri, Rayann furrowed her brows slightly and shook her head.

”I didn’t think so. Kali and I remember it well. And it was the fact we remember it so well that raises concern. You were rather enamored by the mage’s presence. Almost as though you were a young child.”

She could see the concern appearing in Ceri’s gaze as she continued.

”At first, I didn’t think anything of it. After all, after years of training and protecting myself against allowing myself to be open to mental thoughts and images, I didn’t recognize it at first. But I noticed Kali’s reaction to the mage and when I saw your own….it made sense.”

”Whenever there is mental or illusion magic being used, I get a slight buzzing in my head. Like one would when they are near pesky, flying insects. I had grown so used to it over the years it didn’t register at first with me, but when I saw how you were acting and Kali’s own suspicions, I realized the mage was using some sort of magic to cause you to act the way you were. When I realized what was happening, I quickly got you as far away from he as I could.”

As Kali returned with Ceri’s wedding dress, Rayann looked over at her daughter and nodded slightly then looked back to Ceri. Her lavender eyes held as much concern in them as Ceri’s did

”Myth has taken the precaution of stationing more guards about the city just as a precaution but I have a feeling, Amayth is not all she appears to be. As though there may be more beneath her beauty than we could see with our eyes. I just want to make sure you are aware of our suspicions and to be prepared for anything at this point. At least until we know what we’re dealing with.”

As Rayann’s eyes drifted to Kali again, she thought to herself and that could be anything considering the players involved. Taking another deep breath, she gave Kali a small smile then looked to Ceri and smiled even more.

”Now….I believe we need to get you dressed, melloneamin (my friend).”.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 KellanBanner

Kellan loved the way she and Raju had become so close. She thought when she lost Liam, she lost all chance of having any sort of family again but as with most everything in her life now, she was being proven wrong. And she couldn’t be happier to be wrong. As Raju spun, Kellan chuckled softly and smiled.

”None spins better than you, Raju. I believe you could use that as a weapon in certain cases.”

As Raju spoke of a wedding taking place between her and Nol followed by the compliment on her attire, Kellan felt her cheeks grow warm and that warmth grew when she heard her words that followed the knock on her door. As Raju opened the door and Nol stepped in, Kellan felt her breath catch in her chest. Nol was as handsome as any male she had ever seen, Elf or human, but tonight he looked even more handsome than ever.

As Raju teased her cousin, Kellan was grateful for the chance to regain her breath. As Nol turned to face her, Kellan saw Raju from over his shoulder and she smiled trying hard to contain her own laughter. There was no doubt, by the look on his handsome face, he wasn’t sure if Raju was kidding or not.

Finally finding her feet, Kellan moved towards him. The sound of material softly moving as she walked filled the room. Leaving her trousers and tunic behind this evening, she was dressed in a simple but elegant dress of a light tan color. The silk folds of the dress caught the light and the material would shadow and lighten making it seem as though the dress were almost a liquid as it flowed with her steps. The bodice had a scoop neckline that dropped low but not so low as to be scandalous.

The sleeves at first looked to be long and gathered at the elbow and wrist but upon closer inspection the sleeves were indeed gathered at the shoulder, elbow and wrist but the sleeves themselves were strips of material that left much of her skin exposed. Around the neckline, shoulder, wrist and hem was a delicate design stitch in silver thread and a delicate silver belt draped around her waist with long chains that dangled to about her knees. Held from a delicate chain around her neck was the clip of Paladine she usually wore in her hair but tonight wore it as a pendent. Her hair was left down and straight tonight and it now reached just past her shoulder blades now.

When she reached Nol, she reached out with both hands and rested them on his forearm that held the fowlers. Rising up on her toes, she placed a soft kiss to his lips, letting it linger a few moments before slowly coming back to her feet and gently removing the flowers from his hand.

”They’re beautiful, Nol. Thank you. I never thought you could steal my breath away anymore but I’m sadly mistaken looking at you tonight. Dare I say there will be many an Elfess who will be vying for your attention.

She looked over at Raju and grinned.

”And I believe the Elf Lords will be lining up out the door to get to share some time with you, sister.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Color_10Tara was amazed at all she'd learned since she'd come to Silvanost. She'd spent a lot of time with the elven children and some with Gideon. He'd become extremely busy as the wedding drew near and she understood, but she missed him all the same. She smiled at thinking about the dragons she'd seen. She'd known they existed just had never seen one.

Everyone in Silvanost had been nice to her, welcoming her with open arms. She'd spent a little time with Tanjee, but again, as it was her brother's wedding, that time was brief. She missed her friend but couldn't help but chuckle at how happy she was for her brother. That brought the unwanted thoughts of her own brother and her smile faded. Thinking of Tynen made her stomach ache and her eyes tear up. She stopped at a circular wooden path that went around the large, beautiful tree and looked down. A tear fell and she watched it fall, thinking on her favorite brother and the fact that he was now dark. She looked up to the sky through the leaves and said a brief prayer, "Please...if'n ye hear me.....help me find the strength to turn away from Tynen. Help me accept that he canna be saved." She lowered her head back down, knowing that even though she'd said the words herself, she was still hopeful that somewhere within the stranger that called himself Tynen lay her true brother.

She wiped the tears away and made her way to her quarters where Tanjee had put her to get ready for the ceremony. She smiled, wondering if she'd ever seen anything so beautiful as the skirt and top Tanjee had pick out for her. Never had she'd seen anything so spectacular. The top was off the shoulder, made of the softest of suedes and left her midriff bare. The skirt was long, hugging her hips and had a slit up the side baring her left leg to mid thigh. Both were a beautiful mint green, making her eyes stand out as well as her dark hair. She couldn't wait to wear it, couldn't wait to see the look on Gideon's face. She only hoped that he liked it.

James had left Heartlund under the pretense that he had a friend that needed his help thanks to a missive Tynen had sent to the city. Plans were being made....the time to strike closer and Tynen was pleased that his little sister thought so highly of James. He'd even won over all but one of the children at Heartlund.....and that one could easily be dealt with if need be.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 am

Ceridwyn looked at Rayann, her face remained plain for a moment but then a small fire lit behind her eyes. She looked at Rayann and spoke softly, “I want to tell you a little story Rayann, sit.”

Rayann looked at Ceridwyn and she pointed to one of the chairs beside the fire, “SIT.”

It was true that Rayann was a Princess of the Silvanesti, but in the ranks of the magus Ceridwyn was her superior and right now it would be obvious that she was pulling rank. She walked over to the window and stared into the city a moment as she gathered her thoughts. She began speaking before turning around, “Fifty-seven years ago an artifact was discovered in the northlands of such power that the Elder Council of the Wizards of High Sorcery had to quarantine it. I am not at liberty to discuss the exact nature or power of this artifact but I will tell you that it was along the same vein as what we experienced seven months ago in Heartlund. The extent of the artifact's power could not be determined, and it was ultimately decided that a steward would be placed in control of the object so as to contain its existence and prevent the possibility of it falling into the wrong hands.”

She turned now and faced Rayann, her face was as stern and scholarly as Rayann had ever seen it, “Obviously an object of this much power required an individual of the purest of spirit, strongest of will and with a mind as sharp as a headsman’s axe. After weeks of deliberation and debate the Council decided that Amayth was that person. She was a well respected and accomplished wizard of high sorcery, a servant of Solilnari and one of the strongest willed women we had ever met. By unanimous decision she was elected as the steward and sent to the north where she took up responsibility and care for the artifact.”

She walked over to the fireside and looked down at Rayann, “Seven years later a delegation was sent to the north, myself being part of that group, to check on Amayth and the artifact. When we arrived we found her in good spirits, perfect health and completely sound of mind. There was nothing to indicate in any manner what-so-ever that she was fining distaste with her assignment or task. Selflessly Amayth had accepted the word of the council and responded as she was bid. I hold her in very high regard as I know the sacrifices that Amayth has made not only for Krynn but most importantly for herself. She gave up the life of collaborative study with her peers to protect the entire planet from a potential threat, and she did so without hesitation or regret.”

Ceridwyn continued, her eyes holding conviction deeper than Rayann had ever seen, “I stayed with her for two months, long after the rest of the delegation had returned home. She and I discussed many things in that time and we became quite close. Knowing it might be years before she would have contact with another wizard again I prolonged my visit. Due to shifts in the council and my own appointment to head of the Order of Magus I have not seen Amayth since that visit. Now I tell you all this to ask you a question Rayann, is it inappropriate to be enamored when in the presence of an old friend? Is it wrong to feel overjoyed and have emotions well up when you see someone you have not seen for fifty years? Especially someone you cherish deeply?”

She turned and looked at Kali as she came back into the room with the dress. Turning back to Rayann she spoke, her voice was a little less stern now, “Perhaps you are misinterpreting your senses. Mind you I understand you are attuned to the mental status of the individuals around you, it is your gift and I would never deny that, however in this case you are discussing and assuming about a wizard you don’t know and one you do know, one you know very well in fact. Amayth has protections of her own surrounding her, she was physically enchanted to be protected from the potential effects of the artifact, and my guess is that you are both picking up on the deep magic that has been placed all around her.”

Kali looked at Ceridwyn and then to Rayann, Rayann would see on her daughters face that she had heard every word from the other room and her expression showed a great deal of interest in the artifact Ceridwyn spoke of. The problem was with it wasn’t clear if she was curious if the artifact was affecting Amayth, or if Kali was beginning the process of planning to acquire it for herself.

Ceridwyn turned and looked at Kali and smiled, “Well, I do agree that it is time to get ready for a wedding.” Kali looked at her and then to her mother, “Yes, I will leave you two alone so you can do so.” As she began to exit the room Rayann looked at her, almost pleading with her to stay but Kali ignored her and exited the room, her mind was suddenly closed to everyone, her emotions and thoughts kept only to herself.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 am

Rayann knew what was coming when she heard the almost command in Ceri’s voice. While she listened intently to what Ceri was telling her, Rayann was still not convinced that what she felt around Amayth was as Ceri explained it. There was just something about it that didn’t set well with the woman and she had learned a long time ago to follow her instincts and not take things for face value.

Even if they came with the assured word of her dearest and best friend.

As Kali departed and Rayann glanced at her, silently pleading, she knew her daughter had other things on her mind but exactly what would remain guarded until Kali chose others to know. If ever. Finally looking back at Ceri, she nodded and smiled hiding her own suspicions and thoughts. There was a place and time to discuss this subject, despite what Ceri stated, and now was not that time. Standing, Rayann smoothed out her clothes and reached out to hug her friend.

”Very well, Ceri. I will take your word she is trustworthy. Now….let’s get you dressed. I want to make sure everything is perfect before you leave these quarters.”

As she prepared to help Ceri get ready, Rayann sent another missive to her husband that wasn’t necessarily words but more of the concern that she felt and what was causing as she relayed the conversation she just had with Ceri with images she knew he would be able to interpret.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Ceridwyn looked at Rayann and nodded, the atmosphere was a little tense but they were able to be pleasant enough with one another to get the job done. After almost an hour the silver bells atop the Chamber of Stars started to chime indicating the ceremony would be starting in one candle tick. Ceridwyn’s face went pale as she turned to look at Rayann and then down at her dress, her face pleading for an answer to the silent question, ‘do I look alright’.

With a heartfelt smile from Rayann Ceridwyn smiled and responded by walking forward and hugging Rayann tightly, “I am sorry about earlier, I over reacted.”

She leaned back and then leaned forward once again, kissing Rayann gently on the cheek. Before she withdrew she whispered, “You are the best friend I could have ever asked for, thank-you for being my attendant and matron.”

Leaning back she had tears in her eyes but managed to hold them back. Reaching into her belt and removing a small silk handkerchief. She took a deep breath and spoke with a slightly shaky voice, “Well… I guess this is it.”

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 NolBanner
Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 RajuBanner

Nol smiled and touched Kellan’s face speaking softly, “My moon and stars, you are ravishing. Trust me, no maiden of the Sylvan could compete with your beauty or steal my affections from you.”

There was a hacking sound and as Kellan and Nol turned to look Raju was faking a vomit at his words. Nol growled as he shook his head and as Kellan burst out laughing he followed in kind. Raju raised an eyebrow and spoke, “Sorry, the whole lovey lovey thing was just a little much for that sheep I ate earlier.”

Nol was about to speak when the bells began to chime and he looked in the direction of the Chamber of Stars. With a smile he turned to his cousin and his beloved, “Ladies, I will be the luckiest man there with the two of you on my arms.”

He offered his elbow to Kellan and then to Raju and the three made their way to the location of the wedding.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Whatever tension Rayann felt from the conversation earlier washed away when she looked at her best friend and saw the look in her chestnut colored eyes and the moisture gathering. With a heartfelt hug, Rayann blinked back tears of her own and swallowed down the lump that threatened to rob her of her voice. Taking Ceri’s hands in hers, she stepped back and took a look at her friend and sighed longingly.

”You are the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen, Ceri. Aeolis will have trouble taking his eyes off of you even more tonight then he usually does. And I have a feeling he will have trouble finding his voice right away when he first sees you. You are absolutely radiant.”

With another hug, Rayann nodded to her friend and opened the door for Ceri to exit the chambers and start heading toward the Chamber of Stars for the ceremony. As Rayann walked with her friend, she sent a missive to her husband letting him know they were making their way to the chamber. She chuckled softly to herself when she received a missive in return from him as he mentioned Aeolis and referencing something about a rooster on hot coals.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 KellanBanner

Kellan laughed at Raju. She always had a way of making light of any situation when she could. As the bells chimed, Kellan felt almost as nervous as the bride herself. It wasn’t that often she made public appearances wearing a dress and without a weapon on her person. She felt very vulnerable and exposed for the first time in a long time.

If it weren’t for Nol and Raju she was certain she wuold have hibernated instead of joining in the celebration. As that thought crossed her mind, her hand tightened on Nol’s arm just a little more. When she felt a slight tightening of the muscle beneath her hand, she glanced up to see his eyes holding her gaze and a smile on his lips. So in tune was she with him and skilled as a rider she used the change in his muscles as an indication of his thought. While she was no mind reader, she was well versed in the silent language she and Nol spoke as though it were second nature.

With a smile on her face, she nodded slightly and walked on a little more confidently with her beloved and her soon to be sister.

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Aeolis

Aeolis had been calm for the most part all day but as the hour grew closer to the ceremony he began to get nervous. If it hadn’t been for Myth’s presence he was certain he would have run away screaming mad from the anticipation of the whole thing. More than once his friend had to lace a calming hand to his shoulder and Aeolis was more than grateful. To add to his anxiety, Myth had shared with him what Rayann relayed. He and Myth had done a quiet patrol of their own just to make sure all was well before returning to the palace to prepare.

After dressing in the finest attire the Elves produced, he waited patiently with Myth for the bells to chime. As soon as they did he stood and looked at Myth as though he was getting ready to run away. His almond shaped eyes were wide and his mouth slightly agape. Thankfully Myth clapped his shoulder and chuckled softly letting him know he need not look so frightful and Aeolis gathered his composure.

With on final check to his attire, he looked to Myth once more.

”I pray to the Gods my bride still wishes to be my life mate. If she does not…”

From the look on Myth’s face Aeolis knew he was talking nonsense. Finally he smiled and shook his head.

”Were you this nervous, my Prince, when you married the Princess? I cannot imagine it so but still….”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells   Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 4: Wedding Bells
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next