Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 am

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Color_10Keatara was exhausted as she readied herself for the upcoming day. She'd slept very little after her dream and the color of Tynen's aura was still vivid in her mind. She was startled when she saw Gideon kneeling before the broken part of the fence but secretly pleased. She smiled to him when he admitted to what it was he was doing, looking into his gentle, brown eyes. Her own green eyes, though, were filled with sadness even as she tried to hide it from him. "Thank ye, Gideon....ye are very kind to be doing this for me." She was just about to lean in and kiss his cheek when Tanjee showed up.

She chuckled at Tanjee's insinuations and then smiled again at Gideon as her friend pulled her to the other side of the training area. "I be smitten with him, as well. And, last night was wonderful. He walked me to me cabin, and kissed the back of me hand. I look forward to see him more." She looked away then, clearly preoccupied about something.

She heard the children then and turned to greet them, but Tanjee might notice that this morning, Tara's eyes didn't light up as they normally did upon seeing the children. A deep sadness marred their green depths. A deep sadness that wasn't there last night. Laying a hand on Tanjee's arm, she smiled at her. "My wee ones have arrived and I must start the lessons. I be seeing you later? Perhaps you would join us for lunch? Afterwards, the medical training will begin and how to care for the medicinal plants."

She gave Tanjee a wave as she headed to the small storage shed where the children were waiting for her, a couple of the boys having stopped to speak to Gideon, clearly feeling as if they were important to be talking with a knight. Tara shook her head at them and hollered for them to join the rest of the group, giving Gideon another smile as she began her day.

As the day wore on, it became clear to the children that Tara was not herself and a few of the larger and more mischevious boys too advantage of it, getting into trouble with the training weapons, one even going so far as to try and disarm Tara herself. He wound up drawing blood on the side of her forehead, striking rather hard with the wooden training sword. All movement and sound in the training area stopped as the boy saw that he'd taken the fun too far.

Keatara wiped the blood that was leaving a thin trail down the side of her face and looked at the boy. "Well, ye now know what will most surely happen if'n ye lose yer focus on the battle at hand."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:02 am

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Mythban2

Myth sat in silence at the makeshift desk that he had set up in his quarters. His emerald eyes poured over several parchments that he had brought with him from Silvanost. The elven prince sighed setting the sheets aside rubbing his eyes lightly. The activities the previous night by Olwa and Pela spurred him into reading a couple of the notes that he had brought. Specifically everything he had about the young ranger prodigy that nearly lost his life. Myth saw several notations indicating that while the boy was an asset as a soldier his interests seemed to lay elsewhere.

It seemed odd for someone who had an apparent lack of interest in military affairs to be in the military of all places. It wasn't until Myth looked at the boys lineage that things began to make sense. His family has a very strong military background. Myth recognized one name in the boys genealogy as the man who trained his own brother Jerrin in the art of the bow. Myth scratched his chin noticing a pattern to his achievements and after some thought Myth sat the information aside and reached for his blade. Looking to the window Myth knew Aeolis would be leading the boy out to his post for the day.

Myth could only wonder what the young boy was thinking as he was being led out to the forest perimeters. Moving with a grace that defied his very existence Myth weaved through the forest like a phantom until finally he came upon Aeolis and Olwa. Remaining amongst the thick shadows he listened but watched Olwa carefully as Aeolis spoke. He could tell Aeolis was regretting the harshness of his actions but what was done was done and for now he would have to live up to his word. However he could tell Olwa was not entirely happy as he watched the boys body language and listened to the tone of speech.

Myth's brow furrowed when he heard Olwa's placating response and shook his head. When Aeolis finally vanished Myth remained silent watching. He let the boy pour out his emotions and as the boy recomposed himself Myth finally moved to close the distance. The would be a rustling of wind to Olwa's right and when he looked there was nothing. At least until he looked forward and there sat Myth staring out over the landscape beyond the treeline.

"Save your salutes for another time Olwa." He knew the boy was scrambling to compose himself. He payed it no mind and kept his eyes fixed on the horizon. He was certain what he asked next would likely confuse the young elf but he said it anyways. "Tell me Olwa.... what is it you see out there." Myth pointed to the lands beyond the forest.

when Olwa began to describe things from the point of view of a tactical soldier Myth held up a finger for a moment shaking it it before looking back at Olwa.
"Perhaps I was not clear enough for you, I asked you what... you... see, not the ranger in training."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 am

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 RayannRed

Rayann contemplated Ceri’s words for a long moment. It was nothing different than what she herself had been thinking about all night. Taking a deeo breath and letting it out slowly, she shrugged her shoulders slightly.

”All good questions that I don’t have an answer for, Ceri. Kali’s strategic mind was always ten steps ahead of any one else’s and I’m certain this is no different. It’s going to come down to the eleventh hour before we truly understand what they mean. If even then.”

She took another deep breath to try and relax herself.

”I can’t imagine the metallic dragons getting into this fight. Every time the subject was brought up while Kali and I were on the Myst Isles, the dragons made it quite clear this wasn’t their war and if the other races chose to go to war then they weren’t going to try and take sides or stop them. It doesn’t matter to them either way because they don’t really need Krynn to survive like the rest of us. Perhaps this is their way of proving to us once and for all we need them more than they need us. Too bad we had to learn the lesson this way. And I haven’t seen Nol since Kellan’s death. Further proof they’ve pretty much given up on the lesser races. So, unfortunately, that leaves us with the obvious answer…”

She sipped her tea and glanced over at Pela who was studying her spell book then looked back at Ceri.

”I just pray we’re all prepared for it when the time comes.”

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Healer

Tanjee arrived just in time to see Tara wiping the blood from her forehead and hear what she said the the children. She rushed over to take a look at it and quickly set into healer mode applying a clean cloth and applying pressure. She looked at the older boy who inflicted the wound and furrowed her brows.

”Indeed. And we see why we do not get carried away durig our practices.”

The boy started to explain himself but Tabjee quickly quieted his words.

”What is done is done and it cannot be taken back. It is best you realize that and make better decisions from this point on. Now. I believe it is time for lunch.”

As the children dispersed Tanjee looked back at Tara and saw the look in her eyes hadn’t gone away.

”I knew I should not have left you alone this morning. I could see it in your eyes that something was wrong and it took your concentration away. What is it Tara?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 am

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 OlwaBanner

Olwa had finally cried all he could, and he composed himself, reassessing his area and making sure that all was in place for hiding and observing. He was certain that there were Elves scattered all over the area on patrol and keeping a vigil over the countryside. This was why the Elven Rangers were sent first, to collect tactical data and report back with their assets and liabilities. The next group of Elven warriors was coming tomorrow, two days after the Rangers arrival, and they would need to be placed in the areas strategic to the advantages and disadvantages of the landscape.

Olwa heard a faint rustle and turned his head slowly to look, his eyes scanned and there was nothing, as he turned back Prince Myth sat right near him. He was scrambling to salute as protocol demanded but the Prince's words hit his ear and he stayed his position. When Prince Myth'alas asked what he saw Olwa turned and looked, "My Prince, I see the advantage of the shadow line coming off those outcroppings, the treeline comes halfway through the rock shadow and would create a path of opportunity to circumvent an enemy movement and hit them in the flank..."

The Prince interrupted him and spoke again, his words were more tender, he had asked him to set aside the training he had been put through, to simply look and be a looking glass rather than a tactitioner. He swallowed hard and gave pause, but after a moment he began to speak. His voice was whisper quiet, but at the same time strong and pure, as if there wasn't a strain of non-commitment to ever single word he spoke, "I see ten thousand colors co-mingling to create a harmonious balance of light, shadow and perfection. I hear the larks as they flutter and land, yet their song is only a single note to the sonnet as a whole. I feel the vibration of every lizard and ant as their feet strike the soil and the rock and I see not a single line but a blend of dark and light, wrapped in the elegance of purity but surrounded by a frame that won't hold the painting to it's edge. I hear every whisper of the breeze through the needles and the leaves, the difference in their tones and the balance that is created. Not a single spec of the landscape is out of order but set in perfect unison against the neighbors of creation. In all my Prince, I see a natural perfection that not even the Elves can improve upon."

He turned and looked at Myth, his voice was a little bolder now and he was unafraid, "That, My Prince, is what I see."

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 CeriBanner

Ceridwyn listened to Rayann and stayed silent, giving her the chance to work through her thoughts and speak her piece into the puzzle. She bite her bottom lip as she stared into her tea, her mind racing. The two sat in silence for a while and finally Ceridwyn looked up, "If it is Dragons from the Dark Lady, we need to be prepared, there is no question. More over however, and the bigger issue, is will the Knights believe us when we inform them? They don't trust us. I mean, they trust us to be here, and to assist in their efforts, but ultimately that trust is no stronger than parchment, the slightest break in the surface and it will be shredded. Non-magic users have always been suspicious of us, even my order who serve only the gods of good and seek to keep the light upon this world... even we are shunned for fear of the unknown. We can make things happen, things that they don't understand, and the natural reaction to the unknown is to fear it."

She inhaled deeply, "We have been walking a tight rope since we got here, and since Kali's defection have you also noticed the extra guards that always seem to be lurking in the background where ever you and I...," she turned to look at Pela, "Or Pela go?"

She looked back at Rayann, "We can provide council, and they may heed it, or they may brush it off. Rose is wise, but even she won't follow us blindly, and who can blame her, for as long as wizard's have walked Krynn there has been little co-mingling with those of the sword. We live in different worlds, we follow different rules."

"All that is left is for us to work through this, and to provide council when it is necessary and welcome. I propose we not share this message outside our circle, it will do more harm than good."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:47 pm

”Agreed.”

Rayann glanced at Pela and the girl lifted her head, looked at both Ceri and Rayann and nodded her agreement as well before returning to her spell book. Rayann looked to Ceri and took a deep breath.

”I had noticed the extra bodies lingering about since Kali’s departure. I thought perhaps it was just me at first, but the more I took notice, the more I saw it was the case not only for me but you two as well. It frustrates me to no end but we can’t change centuries of small minded thinking. As much as I would love to. Perhaps one day these brave souls will realize not all magi are to be mistrusted. But not in my lifetime, I fear.”

She looked back at Pela for a moment then looked back at Ceri. There was a look of sadness in her eyes when she spoke this time with her voice lowered.

”She took offered comfort when I returned to her quarters. She told me she didn’t like feeling like this but I explained to her it was all part of her emotions that were naturally hers to have. She seemed to grudgingly accept the whole ordeal. Perhaps she’ll be less apt to stifle her emotions now.”

She glanced at Pela then back to Ceri and reached out to touch her friends hand gently.

”I felt the sadness you tried to hide, Ceri. I know Aeolis was harsh this morning. He and I spoke after you left. Hopefully what I said to him and what you said to him last night will sink in. Please don’t be too upset with him. And who knows, there just may be more group dinners we need to have.”

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Pela

Pela put her nose in her spell book and read every word. Every line. Every page over and over until she memorized what was on the page before she flipped to the next and started the process all over again. From time to time she heard her name but she paid the women little heed. She was still reeling from what took place this morning with Olwa and she could feel her emotions bubbling just beneath the surface.

How was she ever going to see him again? And spend time with him? A passing glance was not going to satisfy her and she knew it. Already she was working on devising some sort of plan that would get her at least to the wall of the Keep, perhaps even further. It all depended on how sneaky she could be. But she couldn’t do that. It would only end up putting him in jeopardy. She couldn’t understand what the last thing Aeolis said to him was, but she completely understood the threat in those words. And whatever they were, she had a gut feeling it involved NEVER seeing her again.

And that was a risk even Pela herself wasn’t about to take.

But all she wanted to do was talk to him and tell him how sorry she was for letting things spiral so out of control. Tell him all she was trying to keep him from being punished and it seemed as if all she did was end up making matter far worse. Why did she have to be so…so….foolish? She’d never been like this before. But then again, she’d never had feelings like this for any one. Ever.

So with a sigh, she stuck her nose back in her spell book and became studious once more. After all, what else was she going to do right now?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 pm

She looked up as Rayann mentioned the sadness she was hiding, she spoke matter of factly, "Of course you did my friend, that is your gift. Your called to see the emotions of others as much as mine is to discern their truths and lies. I never expected that you wouldn't see right through me."

She smiled almost timidly but then sadness filled her face again as Rayann grabbed her hand, "As for Aeolis, what can be said. He and I too come from different worlds. We will never see eye to eye on things. Sure, from time to time we might agree, but ultimately a Wizard and a Warrior are not going to find common ground when making decisions."

She could see Rayann's furrowed brows but she continued, "I am not saying I question my relationship with him, I am merely saying that we are not meant to agree, and though that will be difficult at times it is not going to break the deal. I love Aeolis, truly and deeply, but to restrict younglings from co-mingling, especially two that have already shown an affection for one another, that is only inviting disaster, or desertion. They will plot and they will scheme to circumvent the distance, ultimately they might even run away to be together," She looked heavily into Rayann's eyes, "Wouldn't you? Didn't you?"

Rayann looked at her, it was clear in her eyes. She left Rorie for the exact same reasons, maybe not to the letter, but deep down was leaving Rorie behind to create a separation from one man for the potential of connection with another?

Ceridwyn leaned back heavily in her chair but there was no sound of creaking, she was much too light in weight to strain the joints, "The issue now is that Aeolis made his decision in haste and anger but he must now follow through in his calm or else he will lose the confidence of his Rangers. If he backs off the punishment then he will appear to not have things in his control or be a weak leader. Even the Elven soldiers want to put their confidence in a leader who is strong, that is not just a trait of humanity. Olwa is going to have to be punished to the full of extent of Aeolis' sentence, and the youngling is too frail in his convictions to come through unscarred. Not even our Prince can rescue him or else he compromises Aeolis' command and they will always look past him to see if the Prince approves."

She looked up at Rayann, "Without knowing it Aeolis has put his leadership on trial, and we can only wait to see what affect this sentence will have on the 200 Elves under his command."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Rayann listened to Ceri and she let her friend talk. They were as close as siblings and it was that closeness that allowed both of them to talk to each other frankly and honestly. Even if it meant saying something the other was either avoiding or didn’t want to hear. Sitting back almost at the same time Ceri did, Rayann took another deep breath and let it out slowly.

”Being the leader of any type of military contingent isn’t easy. I’ve seen myth struggle with it daily. Sometimes hourly. And there have been times I didn’t agree with his decisions but I knew there was a method to his workings and I had to wait to see how it all weaves together. But in the end, it does, and it makes for a beautiful tapestry I could never fathom being created from such orders. I have faith it will be the same for Aeolis.”

She glanced at Pela then looked back at Ceri and her brows dipped down slightly again as she lowered her voice to a soft whisper.

”But I understand your concern if they try to find a way to circumvent the sentence that’s been handed down. Especially since they seemed to be taken with each other so quickly. Not to mention Olwa’s presence has been an asset to Pela instead of a hindrance. Which I fear the lack of his company will be for her now. And it just so happens, I have been thinking about that.”

She saw the way Ceri was looking at her and Rayann held her hand up.

”I would in no way undermine Aeolis’ sentence. But he DID leave us a loop hole to work with that wouldn’t be any disobedience on Olwa’s part. He said Olwa and Pela weren’t allowed to be around each other unless it was in a general setting and there were others who could chaperone them correctly. And Olwa is under direct command of Aeolis which means normally, wherever Aeolis will be, Olwa will be as well. Just like last night. So…..we just make sure we all make time to be together. And in turn…..it gives the two younger ones the chance to be with each other.”

She gave her friend a small smile and shrugged.

”I’m sure we can convince Aeolis it’s not going against his orders. In fact, I can almost assure you he is already regretting what he’s done but knows there’s nothing he can do to reverse time. But he can make up for letting himself go too far. He was already thinking like that when he turned and left the room this morning.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Ceridwyn stayed silent as Rayann answered, again it was her manner to give the floor entirely over to the person she was conversing with. She knew that Rayann was wise enough to understand her concerns, but her words confirmed it and she simply nodded as Rayann spoke.

As Rayann expressed her own concerns and then began to speak about how to exploit the loophole in Aeolis' sentence, her voice had risen slightly and was just loud enough so Pela could hear. Ceridwyn glanced sideways and the smallest of smiles crept across her face. She watched Pela's reaction. The youngling was trying as hard as she could to pretend she was studying but it was obvious she was listening and hanging on every word while doing her absolute best to suppress the smile that was smashing at her guts to come out.

Ceridwyn looked back to Rayann and that small glimmer of mischief suddenly appeared again in her eyes. "Of course Rayann, we would not want to do anything that undermines my Love's authority. I am not sure that I would be willing to go along with a plan that so easily circumvented Aeolis' authority."

She gestured with her eyes and Rayann glanced, Pela was pressing her face further into her book and was practically leaning forward to listen, she continued, "Perhaps we should think about it for a week or two before we start trying to find loopholes, in fact it might be better if we keep the two of them separate so that Aeolis is not seen as a fool."

She looked sideways and saw Pela positioning the book more to her left so her right ear was exposed, obviously doing her best to clear the path of sound to her ears, Ceridwyn looked back at Rayann and spoke again, "I am even of the mind to say that we should, the three of us, go to Glen Durel for a month so that we achieve TOTAL isolation from the situation!"

Pela could not fully surpress her gasp and the slightest peep squeaked out of her mouth and her hand instantly went to her mouth, then there was dead silence in the room. The young girl waited a few seconds and looked up over the edge of her book only to meet the eyes of Ceridwyn and Rayann who were a mere foot away from her now, Ceridwyn was smiling brightly and whispered with a wink, "Gotcha."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Pela was trying to be a good student but when voices were dipped low, she knew they were discussing something they didn’t necessarily want her to hear. But like any other curious, sentient being, she couldn’t help herself but WANT to hear what they were discussing. Especially when it came to hearing Olwa’s name.

Rayann would have called it human nature. Pela called it gathering information.

So when she heard the conversation mention something waiting two weeks for something she felt panic start to wrap its boney fingers around her. It was important for her to listen even closer now. She shifted her weight so she was leaning slightly towards the women as they spoke. When she still couldn’t hear clearly, she moved the book so that it acted like a wall that prevented the voices from carrying further across the room.

But when the mention of going to Glen Durel for a month to isolate her, panic clasped those boney fingers around her and squeezed tight. Unable to stop the small cry that escaped her lips, Pela did what any girl her age would do: tried to stifle any more sounds with her hand.

Her heart was pounding in her chest and her ears were ringing as the blood pulsed rapidly through her veins. What was she going to do? She couldn’t leave Olwa! Not now! Her eyes scanned the words written in the spell book but she wasn’t seeing them. Her mind was moving faster than her thoughts could keep up with it.

That’s when she noticed the silence that filled the room. Swallowing hard, she dared to peek over the book and nearly jumped out of the chair when she saw Rayann and Ceri standing so close to her. She let out that small cry she’d been trying to suppress and jumped up into the seat of the chair with her back resting against the back of the chair. When she saw Ceri smiling at her and whispered her ‘gotcha’. Pela let out a long sigh and melted into the chair.

”You frightened me. In more ways than one.”

She looked to Rayann and Ceri both.

”Please do not separate me from Olwa by taking me to Glen Durel. I give you my word; I will not try to find a way to see him. I would rather stay here and know he is close than leave here not knowing if I will ever see him again. At least here, I will catch glimpses of him from time to time.”

She felt the sting of tears and blinked rapidly to make them go away. But even as her chin started to quiver, she could feel the flood of emotions reaching the top of the dam quicker than she wanted them to.

Rayann clicked her tongue and reached out pulling Pela to her feet and embracing her tenderly, kissing the top of her head.

”Shhhh….Pela….don’t fret. We’ll see this through. I promise.”

Pela reached out and wrapped her arms around Rayann’s waist as the woman drew her close and she buried her face into the velvety soft robes she was so familiar seeing. Her voice was muffled as she spoke.

”Is this what it will always be like when you care for another? I am so happy when I am with Olwa but after this morning, I feel as if I will never be happy again.”

Rayann stroked Pela’s hair and looked over at Ceri as she rested her chin on the top of Pela’s head.

”Pela, dear, I believe you have fallen rather hard for the young Elf. And no, it will not always be like this. But trust me when I tell you things weren’t always smooth in the beginning for Ceri and I either. It took us both some time to get where we are with Myth and Aeolis.”

Pela sniffled softly then lifted her head to look at Rayann and turned to look at Ceri.

”So I am not doomed to be like this forever?”

Rayann couldn’t help but chuckle softly and shake her head as she looked into Pela’s blood shot eyes then looked to Ceri.

”No, Pela. As dismal as it may seem right now, things always have a way of working themselves out. You’ll see.”

Pela looked to Ceri then and raised her brows.

”Really?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Ceridwyn watched the interaction between the two and could not help but smile, as Pela spoke she felt her heart caught up in her throat, how she was glad to be older and wiser, but also how she envied the innocence Pela was displaying.

When Pela finally spoke her last word, 'really', Ceridwyn chuckled and spoke, "You are most certainly starting with an advantage sweet Pela, at least you don't have to separate the man you love from the clutches of the Dark Lady or exorcise a demon that has latched to his soul before you allow him to pursue you."

Rayann turned sharply and they both exploded into laughter, as funny as it was now, it was also 100% the truth, they both shared the history of finding males who had to first be "rescued" from darkness.

After a few minutes of sharing that joy Ceridwyn finally reached over and stroked Pela's cheek gently, "Child, you have nothing to fret, I knew you were listening, all was said in jest, we will not be leaving Heartlund."

She turned and walked to look out the window, "No, there is too much that needs to be done, and we are the buffer between whatever evil these Knights think they can battle alone and what storm is really approaching. If the Dark Lady is in fact sending her troops she will not be sending warriors without wizards are vice versa, no, she will hit them with everything she has and she will give no quarter."

She inhaled deeply and turned to look at Pela and Rayann, "Whether they know it or not, we are the skin that covers their vital organs, whether it be Kali and her two partners, or the army of the Dark Lady, us three are the buffer."

She looked at Rayann and then Pela, "We must not take the responsibility lightly.... but it is indeed good to share a good laugh."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Pela heard some rumors regarding Rayann and Myth but she never heard the story about Aeolis and Ceri. To say the least, she was captivated by both stories and it did her good to hear she was not alone in her struggles to see the man she cared for. How odd it was for her to even think such a thing. But it was true. She DID care for Olwa. Perhaps even more than she was willing to admit but she was beginning to understand why she made such rash decisions.

With a promise from both women to hear the full story of how they both came to be with the men in their lives, she settled once more and calmed her fears. She knew things weren’t going to be easy for her and Olwa, but there was a glimmer of hope. And with Rayann and Ceri with her, she found that glimmer growing with each moment that passed.

As Ceri walked over to the window, Pela and Rayann joined her. Both women looked out over the Keep and the grounds beyond. Pela was scanning the trees for any hope of seeing Olwa knowing deep down it was useless and Rayann was looking out past the trees. A darkness was lurking out there and it was growing closer with each hour that ticked by.

As they listened to Ceri talk, they both could not have agreed more with her. When she turned to look at the two white haired women, she would see them settle their gazes on her and nod before looking out the window once more.

”Then it will be up to us to make sure we do all we can to give the Knights the chance to prepare for the worst that is yet to come.”

Rayann looked down at Pela then glanced at Ceri and smiled softly, nodding before he turned to look out at the land again.

”Indeed we will, Pela. Indeed we will.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Myth sat silently listening to Olwa describe the world before his eyes. It was exactly as he had perceived from the information he had been given. As the boy finished Myth turned to look at Olwa. "You have a keen eye for the natural beauty of the world around you Olwa. An eye belonging more to an artisan than a warrior and yet here you stand in a foreign land with your fellow warrior kin. You preform your duties well and excel at your training yet you seem out of place despite this."

Myth's tone was calm and steady. There were no soft undertones of caring, but his voice lacked the harshness of a commander. "So it brings me to my next question young Olwa... why are you here?"

Again Myth emphasized the same word as in his last question. He had an idea of how the young elf may respond but he still would prefer to hear it in Olwa's words.

Arvandor was pushing as hard as he dared with Kellan. He knew she was tired from the long day but at the same time he still pushed her harder than he had any other day of her training. He dropped into a hard dive and twisted snapping his wings out to level out once more. His great wings beat as they streaked through the sky. They were coming upon the towers of the city very rapidly but Arvandor did not slow. He maintained his speed and as they drew near he banked hard and began to weave through the towers diving and rising as needed to avoid other dragons in the air.

He could feel Kellen's legs relax and tighten and knew that she must be tiring. She had held out for far longer than he would have given any other human credit for. As they passed around the last tower he fanned out his wings slowing their speed brinigng them around lining up with the tower that the young woman resided in. With just a few beats he settled into a glide approaching their place to land.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 KellanBanner

At first, things were a blur to Kellan as she at astride the base Arvandor’s strong neck near his shoulders but as she became accustomed to the flight speed, she acclimated herself to his speed and was able to see approaching objects a mere second before they were upon them. More than once she would have cried out if she had the capacity to do so but as it was, she was unable to make any audible commands as her lungs had to focus on strictly her breathing.

As he started towards the spires that rose into the sky at the speed he had, Kellan thought perhaps she’d pressed him too much. As he dipped, dove, darted and crested past the spires and other flying obstacles, she used her legs to keep herself in the saddle and remain leaned forward to make herself as much a part of him as the rest of his body was.

As he began to slow and approach her balcony, she felt her body begin to relax slightly. When his feet touched down gently, she unhooked her feet from the stirrups and swung her right leg around then carefully climbed down off his body.

When her feet touched the solid marble of her balcony she felt her knees buckle and she stumbled forward. Had it not been for Nol’s arms reaching out to catch her, she would have fallen flat on her face. Using his body to lean up against until she regained enough of her strength to stand on her own, she nodded slightly then gently pushed off Nol and turned to face Arvandor, standing at attention.

”I stand corrected, General. And I won’t make that mistake again.”

If she was exhausted before this exercise, she was a walking undead now. The only thing preventing her from falling out right here, right now was her training both here and with the Knights. Still, she stood before the Golden General, swaying slightly.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Arvandor watched as Nol helped Kellan stay upon her feet until she had the strength to do so herself. The human always had a way of surprising him at every turn and this was one of those moments. He watched as she stood there on shaky legs being held up by her will power alone. His body was enveloped in a golden light that drew into itself till it left him standing there in his human form.

"I don't imagine that you will lady Kellan, but I to have learned something this day. You are a much sturdier creature than I gave you credit for. I will remember that these last few days of training that we have."

He gave a slight bow before looking to Nol "Take the young lady and get her a good meal and some rest. I have a meeting in the morning that will keep me busy till mid day. Feel free to take advantage of that free time."

Arvandor bowed once more to Kellan and walked past her and Nol. As he did he patted Nol's shoulder and spoke in their native tongue "She will make a grand rider..."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 OlwaBanner

Olwa looked at Myth and he wasn't sure how to answer... he knew what he wanted to say but he wasn't sure how to say it. Finally he spoke, "Being born to certain lineage obligates you to the heritage of that lineage. That is how our people operate, my Father most of all. The Rangers is our family legacy, we have always had a position of prominence within it and as my Father's only son he has set out that I would keep to that tradition. My mother bore six daughters before me, and then her womb was sealed after my birth, apparently the gods felt she had enough children, who knows why these things happen. To be completely honest with you my Prince, I have never lived up to his expectations or his reputation, yet you are right, here I am, medals and accomplishments in my wake, in a foreign land assigned to a regiment of elite Rangers to defend our world."

As the Prince turned to look at him Olwa continued, "Yes, I pushed to come as you know, I sent a messanger to you personally to request my deployment, and if I can be completely honest with you, it was to be nearer to Pela."

He blushed and lowered his eyes to the ground. He inhaled deeply and stared at his feet in shame. He spoke now to the ground, for all my accomplishments and training, my heart was pierced by a frail human magi."

He looked up at Myth, his eyes slightly pink, "That was my motivation in COMING, but now that I am here, I realize that there is something we need to fight for. I am not afraid of battle, I never have been. I am brave and have never retreated in any of the trials of bravery, fortitude or survival. It is in my blood to do this, but it is in my heart to sing and paint."

He looked out across the landscape at the towers, his eyes narrowed on the one of shadow flame, "There will be nothing left to admire if the occupants of those towers have their way however, and though I am an artist at heart, so too am I willing to fight for something if the cause is right... and I can't think of a cause that is more right than seeing our world saved from darkness."

He turned and looked back at Myth. The Prince would see and hear his sincerity, that though he was like a fish out of water, he too was set to do the right thing in the moment and perform to the duties required of him.

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 NolBanner

Nol heard the distinctive sound of Arvandor's wings and he stepped up from his study just in time for their landing. He moved quickly as he saw Kellan buckling slightly and he caught her around the waist, firm enough to keep her up but gentle enough to not bring her more injury. As the exchange between Kellan and Arvandor took place he remained silent and waited.

As Arvandor spoke his last words and approached Nol he could only smile at what the Golden General said. He nodded respectfully but also beamed proudly as the ancient dragon took to his form once again and disappeared into the city. Nol turned and looked at Kellan, he could not recount a single time he had seen her more exhausted. With a shake of his head he spoke through his smile, "Perhaps a lesson has been learned here today about pushing the general?"

She smiled at his humor and then he shook his head, "Or perhaps not, what with that stubborn human spirit of yours."

He winked as she punched him in the shoulder and he leaned forward kissing her firmly on the mouth. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her into her residence, Raju was waiting with supper but Nol knew that Kellan had maybe fifteen more minutes of consciousness left in her before the exhaustion took over completely.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Color_10Keatara smiled at Tanjee, but it was short lived as her eyes filled with tears and she turned away as they fell quietly. "Tynen and I were born exactly two years apart. Same date....same time, just two years apart. Momma used to be telling us that we shared a bond that couldn't be broken. I be thinking that she was right. We were always finishing each other's sentences and knew when the other was in trouble. After I recovered from the attack I couldn't sense him. It was as if he disappeared." She then told her about the dream and the dark aura around Tynen. "I know it sounds......crazy, but I could feel the darkness within him. He is alive, but he be dark now. And, if or when I see him again, I will have to kill me own brother." She turned around then, looking at Tanjee her eyes filled with anguish. "I have failed him. I didn't find him in time, Tanjee and now he be lost." She stood there, tears silently running down her cheeks. What she didn't tell her friend was just how alone she felt at that time. She had no family left and now she didn't even have the hope of finding Tynen....at least not the Tynen she once knew.

After a few minutes, she wiped the tears from her face and have Tanjee a shaky smile, "The children will be waiting for me and there are still lessons to teach this afternoon." She hugged Tanjee and kissed her cheek quickly, "Thank ye for caring for me wound and for listening." She took a deep breath before turning back around to head back to the training area and begin with the first aid lessons.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 am

Kellan’s head drooped onto Nol’s shoulder as he picked her up and carried her inside. Her voice was quiet but he could still hear the humor in her tone.

”I pray to Paladine he didn’t just tell you to eat me for dinner….”

She knew nothing of their native language and didn’t try to learn it either. It was never offered as something for her to learn and she felt it was something sacred to the Dragons and she would never tread on sacred ground. Just as she promised Arvandor at their first meeting.

She could smell the wonderful meal Raju had made and she cast a glance towards her friend and gave an exhausted but apologetic smile. She was past hunger and she couldn’t eat right now if she tried. Not without passing out in her food anyway.

Past that point, everything became a blur and the last thing she remembered was feeling the softness of her bed as she sank into it and the sound of Nol’s whispered voice as he spoke the only words in his native language he always spoke to her. She smiled and fell into an exhaustion induced sleep.

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Healer

As Tanjee listened to what Tara told her about the dream she had, she knew there was much more to this dream than being ‘just a dream’. While she would not tell Tara that unless she had absolute proof, she knew it was something she would discuss with Ceridwyn when she had a chance to meet with her. And with things being the way they were lately, Tanjee wouldn’t be surprised if somehow the dream was making some sort of connection between the two again.

But that was merely speculation and she couldn’t say anything for certain yet. So there was only one thing for Tanjee to do now. Furrowing her brows, she clicked her tongue and shook her head.

”You are sadly mistaken if you think I will leave you alone with these miniature minions of chaos after what took place this morning. Besides, I am well versed in the subject matter you will be teaching this afternoon. I come from a long line of healers and while my Goddess gives me the ability to aid in the healing of others, there are times when good, old fashioned practice has to be done. So, like it or not, I am glued to your side for the next few hours.”

She smiled brightly at Tara and touched her cheek tenderly.

”Besides, you do not need to be alone right now. And when this is all done, I shall tell you the story of my brother and show you there is hope yet for your Tynen.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 am

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 RajuBanner

Daybreak came quickly and Nol was up before the sun. He had stayed at Kellan's as did Raju. The cousins had eaten dinner after Kellan went to bed and slept on the couches in the main living area.

Nol was standing on the balcony looking out over the city. He was watching as the dragons had already begun to post Sentry's and flights of dragons were circling the city. They hadn't even made their appearance on Anslon and already they were posting guards. He was proud, the dragons were returning to Krynn. He heard Raju step up beside him and he spoke, "How is she?"

Raju reached up and patted his shoulder gently, "Well enough, Arvandor beat the tar out of her with the endurance training."

He turned and looked at her, there was no sympathy in her eyes she was merely stating the facts of the multiple bruises she had seen on Kellan's body.

Nol laughed softly and responded, "As much as I love her it is no less that what she deserves for taunting him the way she did. Two lessons were learned, don't mess with the Golden General, and some amazing flying skills."

Raju spoke, "Really?"

Nol nodded, "His last words were that she will be a grand rider, the last time I heard him say that was when he was Prince Jerrin's mount."

Raju squeezed his shoulder and they beamed at one another, their kinship was stronger than it had ever been and he winked, "Care to join us?"

She smiled brightly and responded, "Aren't you afraid I will show your boys up?"

He leaned back in mock surprise and responded, "You know the boys will never allow that."

In a flash she was in her sleek dragon form and disappearing into the sky. Nol was right behind her, grabbing at her back legs to pull her down and behind him. The two grappled as they ascended and finally met with Nol's flight. They had been circling and gliding waiting for him to arrive. He spoke, "My Brothers, tomorrow we leave for Heartlund, let us stretch our wings and exercise, for it will be a long flight and a day that will be remembered in Krynn's history."

The dragon's roared in unison and they tipped their wings as Nol took the lead. The massive V formation swept out over the seas to practice their maneuvers.

Last edited by zinsk on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:48 am

All too soon Kellan awoke to light streaming into her bed chamber. She was so sore she didn’t even want to think of moving and she groaned into her pillow as she felt her muscles protest even the slightest of movement. But she couldn’t stay in bed all day. That would defeat the purpose of everything. And had it not been for Raju coming in when she did, Kellan was certain she would have given in to the temptation to stay put.

But thankfully Raju arrived and helped Kellan at least sit up. And once she sat up, it was just a matter of time before she would be moving about on her own. Running her fingers through her hair, she looked over at Raju and saw the way the dragon was looking at her and she chuckled softly, shaking her head.

”I know…..and yes, I am asking myself what was I thinking.”

Raju had rubbed the worst of her bruises down with a salve that reminded Kellan of something minty yet woodsy at the same time. She didn’t ask what it was only accepted the fact it did wonders to loosen up the tightness in her body and take away a good portion of the pain. With another nod and reassurance to Raju she didn’t need anything else, she hugged her friend and told her she would be fine to finish everything else on her own.

She heard Raju and Nol exchange words and soon afterwards take off from her balcony. As the silence of her quarters crept in around her, she took a deep breath and moved to get dressed. When she emerged into the main living quarters she was wearing a loose fitting tunic, trousers and her boots. Her hair was pulled back from her face and held in a single ponytail at the back of her head, the hairpin of Paladine fastened on the left side of her head. She fixed herself a light breakfast then moved to the balcony to eat. As she sat down, she saw the activity of the dragons and knew they were gearing up for the trip tomorrow to Heartlund.

Heartlund. What would be the Knights reaction to the arrival of the dragons? Would they fear them and refuse to learn what she had to teach them? Or would they finally realize the story of Huma Dragonbane wasn’t a myth or legend but in fact a true story of one of the bravest of their Orders? As she cast her eyes skyward once more she prayed to Paladine the Knights would at least consider the aid that as being brought to their doorstep.

Looking down at her half eaten breakfast, she thought about how her own arrival would be received. To the Knights and those she was closest to, she was dead. She saw the look on Ceridwyn’s face when she had been struck by the war hammer of the Dark Soldier. Ceridwyn knew there was no way she could have survived. So how would they react to seeing her very much alive….and riding a Silver Dragon carrying a Dragonlance?

She would just have to wait and see. It was her responsibility to gain the Knights trust and prove the Dragons were indeed there to help them. That was going to be a hard sell. Especially for a group of superstitious warriors who trusted few outside their own ranks. Ah but therein laid the advantage she had. She WASN’T outside their ranks. In fact, she’d proven herself to be honorable enough to achieve the rank of Warrior of the Crown. One didn’t achieve such an honor without hard work, dedication and sacrifice.

And she had sacrificed a great deal for her fellow comrades and the citizens she’d swore an oath to protect. And she would do it all over again and then some if it meant she would prevent any of them from becoming sacrificial lambs for the greedy gains of those less honorable.

Once more her light brown eyes cast skyward knowing Nol was out there with Raju and most likely flying with his flight of dragons. The story of Huma was thrust to the forefront of her thoughts once more as she remembered how Huma’s story ended with his life. And like Huma, she was fully prepared to have her own story end the same way. Kellan didn’t fear death. She never had. But it was the thought of leaving Nol behind that saddened her the most. Even though she knew she would die long before his natural life was over.

Taking a deep breath, she forced those thoughts to the back of her mind. She would cross that bridge when she reached it. Until then, she had to prepare for an arduous trip tomorrow. But today would be mostly mental preparation and studying. Later in the afternoon Arvandor would arrive and she would see what her instructions were from there.

Just before she left the balcony to return to her living quarters to study, she looked out towards the sky she knew Nol was flying around somewhere and whispered softly the same words she heard him speak to her before she drifted off to sleep.

”Si itov wux”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 NidhugBanner

Nidhugs yellow eyes scanned the field. His thoughts were tightly organized and his long forked tongue flicked occasionally from his lips as he felt for the smells of the morning air. He narrowed his gaze and watched as the soldiers of the Dark Ladies Northern army broke the tent field and prepared to march out. They were a two day march from Heartlund, and he was not foolish enough to think the Knights would send scouting parties or raiding groups to disrupt their movements. Then again, maybe they would hold tight, they were a small group held up at Heartlund after all and they might opt for a purely defensive stance, allowing their walls to even the odds.

Whatever their ultimate decision was he was confident in the swift victory that would be won for the glory of Tahkisis. After Heartlund was crushed the gateway to the South would be opened and the Western as well as the Southern armies would be moving up to meet him in a pincher grip to enclose the pockets of remaining resistance.

He turned and looked to his left, staring towards the South. He narrowed his eyes as if he could already see the walls of Heartlund. The contingency of soldiers he had been sent with was reinforced after the Dark Lady decided that the smaller raiding party she had originally would not make a large enough statement. Gregor had been reassigned to other areas of Ansalon and Nidhug had not seen the black witch since then, and good riddance to her anyway.

The under generals approached and Nidhug turned to look at them narrowing his gaze, "Lord, the armies will be ready to move in an hour."

Nidhug looked past them to the troopers, they were in good spirits and he could see they were anxious to bath the spring grasses in blood. He nodded and spoke, "Excellent... we move in one hour. Tonight we will camp in shifts, no tents so we deploy fast in the morning. Tell your men to have bedrolls packed on their back and to leave the tents to the pack mules and carts."

The under generals saluted and left. Nidhug turned to Rist, his right hand enforcer and Draconian Champion. Rists tongue flicked and he watched Nidhug awaiting his commanders orders. Nidhug spoke in their native, gutteral sounding language, "Take our Draconians and remain in the middle, let the humans and others protect the flanks, if we get hit from the sides I want to know that we are protected and can respond in an organized fashion."

Rist saluted and departed, the five hundred strong Draconian army that were at the core of this force tended to camp and associate away from the others. As Rist disappeared over the rise Nidhug turned his head back to the South and a sinister sneer crossed his face, "This shall be a victory for the histories."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Mid morning arrived and with it the sound of Nol and Raju landing on Kellan's balcony. As they walked into her residence they saw her relaxing and recovering on the couch. Nol walked over and knelt on the floor, brushing the hair from her forehead and kissing her gently, "Stay down Kellan, relax, pushing your body too hard will do more harm than good."

Raju walked past them and to the large open kitchen area, "Nobody would know about that better than Nol."

Nol turned sharply and looked at her, "And what does THAT mean?"

Raju picked up an apple and held it in front of her face as she spoke, "All I mean is that you gave it all you had up there this morning but I still flew circles around you."

Nol's eyes went wide and he looked down at Kellan who was already chuckling. He stood and walked towards Raju, "Excuse me, but who lead the flight and never once broke them out of formation nor lost a single aerial spar??"

She picked up a second apple and spoke, "That is because you didn't spar me cousin."

Raju tossed the second apple to Nol and spoke as she sauntered sarcastically to the living room and sat on a large, comfortable chair, "Eat an apple, it will give you strength."

Nol caught the apple and walked around the backside of an end table as Raju mocked him, "I didn't spar you because you couldn't even reach the flight ahead of me."

Raju stood and stomped her foot, "I didn't reach the flight first because you CHEATED and pulled me down, I was clearly ahead of you and you had to pull my leg down to win!"

Nol leaned casually on the wall as he huffed on the apple and polished the red surface on his vest, "No dear cousin YOU cheated when you left the balcony ahead of me in a feeble attempt to get a head start, which we both know you need to have a chance of out flying me."

Raju's mouth went a gap in exasperation and she chucked her apple at Nol, it bounced off his forehead and he howled more in surprise than in pain. He turned and looked at Raju as he rubbed his forehead and giggled, "Tsk Tsk temper cousin."

Raju looked to Kellan, "Typical man right? Can't admit when he is beaten so he must CHEAT!"

She turned to look at Nol again and the two of them exploded into laughter, swiftly followed by Kellan.

After the laughter died down Nol sat as did Raju and Raju spoke, "So how are you feeling Kellan? Are you healing up enough this morning for when Arvandor returns at noon?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Kellan was once more reading some of the material loaned to her and she set the book aside when the cousins landed on her balcony. She was going to swing her legs over and sit up but with Nol’s urgings, she left her legs outstretched as she leaned back against the overstuffed arm of the couch and closed her eyes when she felt Nol’s lips. The touch of them always seemed to send comfort through her as though he willed it to happen. She was sure it was just the fact he was close and shared her feelings in kind. As the banter between the cousins started, Kellan couldn’t help but chuckle as each one of them pointed out how the other cheated. It reminded her so much of her and Liam that it was almost scary. But she loved this side of them and it proved to her just how much like the humans they were trying to help save really were.

As the war of the words culminated with Raju pelting Nol’s forehead with the apple, Kellan couldn’t help but laugh at the good aim Raju had on Nol. As the dragons sat down and Raju asked her how she was healing, she nodded affirmatively and took a deep breath.

”Far be if for me to try and understand the male of any species. I think I would grow old before my time if I did. And yes, I’m getting better with each passing moment . By the time the General gets here, I’ll be right as rain. Besides, sitting around too much isn’t good for the healing process either. It’s got to be a balance. So when he arrives, the worst of the pain will have subsided, thanks to you and whatever that was you rubbed on the worst of it, and I’ll be ready to get back to training once more. And I won’t make the mistake of taunting the General again. One foot in my mouth was enough.”

She looked at both of them.

”I noticed a lot of activity this morning after you left. Looks like we’re not the only ones making preparations for tomorrow. I know we haven’t spoken about this yet, but I have to ask. How vulnerable with this place be when the Dark Queen realizes what you’re all doing? Will the High Born be safe? I know things will change here but I would hate to see this place destroyed.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Raju smiled and patted Kellan gently on the leg as she spoke. With a nod she stood and walked back to the kitched, punching Nol on the front of the shoulder as she passed.

Nol rolled his eyes and smiled as Raju hummed a cheerful tune while walking away. He spoke to Kellan, "There is no need for concern in regards to the safety of this place, the Dark Queen won't attack here, there is too much for her to concentrate on on Ansalon. She is wise enough to know that to split her forces would be devastating, especially to attack here. This island is and always has been the safest place on all of Krynn."

He was about to continue talking when Raju walked by again to sit. She wrapped her thigh into the back of his shoulder, knocking his body forward so that he had to catch himself by putting his hand on the floor. He looked up at her with raised eyebrows and voice fluttered like a butterfly as she cheerfully spoke, "Oh, excuse me cousin!"

Nol shook his head and turned to look at Kellan again who was stifling her laughter, "Um Hmm... so if I may continue...," he turned and glared at Raju, she responded as she chewed a mouth full of apple, "By all means cousin, as usual we are hanging on your every word."

He shook his head yet again and turned to Kellan, "Tomorrow only my flight and this one," he made a thumb gesture towards Raju, "will be setting out to Heartlund. It is a three day flight but we won't be pressing very hard or else we might wear ourselves out."

Raju whispered under her breath, "Speak for yourself."

Nol turned and looked at her and lept through the air, "That's it, you've had it now!"

She barely had time to bring her hands up as Nol collided with her and pulled her to the floor and the two began to physically wrestle on the floor.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Kellan actually took a sigh of relief knowing the place she found solace and regained herself wouldn’t be harmed by opposing forces. Even if she didn’t survive to return here, this place would always be here for the next fortunate soul that would be allowed to come here. There was some comfort in that for her.

As she saw what Raju diod, she quirked a brow and watched Nol’s reaction. The cousins were rather feisty today and it did her good to see they were still able to keep their lightheartedness about them. As she heard Raju’s flight would be joining Nol’s, she looked over at Raju and smiled glad Raju would be joining her. She’d grown close to the female dragon and saw her as the sister she never had.

As he explained the time it would take them to get to Heartlund, she nodded and was about to say something when the cousins started tumbling on the floor in a rather physical wrestling match. Getting to her feet, she side stepped them as she walked to the kitchen to get one of those apples Raju had been munching on. Taking a bite, she muffled her words through the apple in her mouth as she leaned back against the counter and crossed her legs at the ankles watching the upper hand change with each tumble they took.

”Jus don’t bweak anyting…..I can’t affowd to pay fo wepwacements on my meger sawary.”

When she saw Nol look at her as though she’d grown a second head, she saw Raju take the advantage of his momentary distraction and pounce on him. Kellan busted out laughing as she saw arms and legs flailing around and tangling with the others.

”Thank the Gods you two don’t have to fight like this in that form. You look like a couple of deer trying to fight their way out of a burlap sack.”

She took another big bite of the apple and saw both dragons looking at her. She paused chewing a moment and raised her shoulders and held the palms of her hands out, one containing an apple with two bites out of it.

”Wha?”

She saw them look at each other then look at her and she saw that spark in their eyes. She held up her hands in mock surrender.

”I’m fragile. Remember?”

They remembered, but it didn’t matter. With a squeak of protest, which was all she was able to get out, Kellan found herself in the middle of a relative wrestling match. After a few moments of tumbling on the floor with both dragons, she lay there laughing like she did when she was a little girl trying to catch her breath. Unfortunately, she felt those bruises once more and with each giggle she winced a little as well but she loved every minute of it.

Finally she stood up and brushed herself off, smoothing out her clothes.

”You’re right. You cheat.”

Glancing over her shoulder, she saw them both looking at her with that “WHO?” look on their faces and she grinned.

”Both of you.”

Last edited by RPMistress on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Myth listened to Olwa thoughtfully and remembered his own youthful frustrations. He could tell the boys heart was in the right place he needed only be set on the proper path and he would indeed one day make a fine elf. Myth shifted in place facing Olwa fully now leaning forward with his hands on his knees.

"I think of any elf here young Olwa I understand the hardship of living up to tradition and the expectations of the father for the all to obvious reasons. Now I admit I have the advantage of being the second son but here I sit leading this force here in Heartlund. My advice to you is to stop worrying about your father's expectations. You are more than capable of being an artist as well as a fine soldier. Your eye for the beauty of the world will enable you to fight that much harder to protect that beauty and wonder. In truth it all comes down to finding your balance Olwa, and when you find it you can accomplish amazing things. However as long as you worry about your father's expectations you will not find that balance."

He cleared his throat and smiled "I am grateful you can see the true beauty of this place, and even more so that you understand the importance of what we are here to do. Your initial reasons for coming were... juvenile, but I saw the potential you have and that is ultimately why I allowed you to come. Now that you are here your reasons are shifting and you are seeing the bigger picture whether you know it or not."

Myth's attention seemed as if it were drawn away for a moment but he quickly returned his attention to Olwa. "I must be getting back to the keep to prepare for more of our kinfolk... and I still have a few other of my soldiers that I need to sit and converse with." Myth stood brushing off his clothing looking down upon Olwa. "Remember what I've said Olwa and I foresee a long and adventurous life for you."

Myth had made a point to not even bring up the previous evenings events knowing full well that the two young ones had an extensive lashing. Olwa would likely notice that Myth never commented on the matter. Myth was more concerned about the boys future and those of his men than events that he could not change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons   Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 20: Of Towers and Dragons
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next