Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

4. INTO THE NORTH

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:06 am

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna stared at Tiphereth as he held what looked like a small dark elf, only dirty. When he spoke to the creature and then to her, she shivered when the thing's long, brown tongue came out to lick it's lips. She'd almost felt sorry for it when Tiphereth had first grabbed it but now she shivered at the sight of it. Her dark green eyes peered into the Huldra's.

"Swear to me...swear that you will not bother or my companions.....ever."

She turned and walked away from the Deither and the Huldra after making it swear to her. She was still uneasy around the Phaerie, but she had smiled her thanks to him before walking back to camp. Her hand burned where the thing had cut her and she went to her pack to tend to it. She looked once more at Loki and sighed. She wouldn't approach him without an invitation, so instead she made her small pallet and lay down to rest.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:02 am

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Eomer_10

Skajrnir observed the dark haired Rohirrim, known as Brianna return from her little excursion with a wound upon her hand. She seemed unnerved, then he saw the black eyed, Fair-one appear out of the woods from the exact same place she had. Something wasn't right and the Rohirrim warrior rashly assumed that, Tiphereth was the cause of the woman's injury.

"You there!" Shouted Skajrnir as he stormed toward the bard, "What is the meaning of this!" he demanded while pointing in the direction of Brianna.

Tiphereth peeked his head around the warrior and noted who he was pointing to, but was confused.

"Look, brother —"

"Don't be callin' me brother." Growled the man.

At that point, Sighere arrived if only to prevent a fight, should one arise. He remained quiet and neutral, placing himself between the two.

Tiphereth only then put two and two together, "Are you accusing me of something?"

"Aye! I am!"

Skajrnir's hand fell to his hilt.

Tiphereth's face was as stone. The situation had escalated quickly, so fast that there seemed far more fueling the man's agitation than just Brianna's injury. He suspected something and suddenly the bard found himself considering whether or not he should take advantage of the man's foolish challenge and be rid of him.

"Now, now, calm yerselves." Said Sighere in an attempt to cool their tempers, holding up a hand to both the Deithir and his lord but neither seemed to heed his words.

Tiphereth did not like being falsely accused. Even though suspicions of him were warranted while he was in control he would never raise his hand to anyone and he resented Skajrnir for considering otherwise.

"Draw your sword and you are a dead man." Warned the bard.

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:50 am

Lac watched as the altercation grew, placing a calming hand on Loki, he stepped forward. With his hand on the hilt of his sword we said loudly "Both of you stay your hands. Have we not enough troubles without fighting amongst ourselves! ....... This is what the Dark Lord and his minions feeds upon. If the alliances that have formed and will be formed again hold true then victory will once again be ours." Lac's eyes were cold and steady, the eyes of a king looked out upon the group from the ranger's face. "Now, Brinana show me your hand."

Briana held her hand out to Lac, as he took it gently in his hand gazing at the wound. "This was wound was not inflicted by a Deithir blade, but by the blade of a Huldra. They are a mischievious small Elvish race. Kin to the Pixies and sea sprites, near as imputant. They lack power, knowledge or the courage to rise above their subserviant standing in the Elvish realm" Lac then repeated in Elvish what he had just told the others "Torhirisasir wenartsil winothuthaenaydae wynartasay nayostae ithnarfinlorisacuratinevday boryor al Dilevithtarhilistarae bellonastradelesta, branuthaytor belyis tayhireth branlorardiletha othfae an Hamuthaylordaerenastra. Tirhiemeldayir artrunev an miristisaycelhamimeldvenimonuthaesar starmirarlinlon Ethlinvaeistsarhil rayarthacireld. Kayistinay tayos tirhineld Piristixayimeldsat artnarda sorethaan satapirrinistitinestasae, nelevalrae arthasay immaepiruthutynalnortor. Torhureldyid lorastricuraykey pirossawilestrun, kalneloswinlayestdaegileva onray tinhiresta curaoruthurelathguleth tinor rayinasileth arthubelorvaeest tarhamethinarae soruthaybearsarevarayvayistiarthunaetil sortayartanirdainanirgol inanir tirhiemeld Ethalirvinimsatahil runestaarlaymay" Lac said as a rusteling of leaves and hisses could be heard around the group. "If they had true courage they would not skulk around and causde mishcief to those who have come to stay the darkness that threatrens us all. They would come stand beside us and fight for their freedom. Instead of cowering to become slaves of Mogoth and his minions." Again lac repeated his words in Elvish "Istifae taehameldyid hamastradil tirrenuthueld calothuthrayarthaglineth tayhurevyor wisosuthlordel nayoltae sorkarnuthaelinkay atharinossauthayneldil annelda cirathauthaysardileth minimsilhilcurimeldfay tinor taehirolsarelda wilhilossa hiemanvireld curayosmoretha toros startayarthya tinhalev dayalrilkelnelestsarsor tarhinastrator tilhalrenevaastratirrineldnirsor uthsae astrilorlin. Taehameldyil welosuthlisday calormineva sirtayartnirdae borethsayisadileva unesata arthunaydel finistigulhurtae faeossarun tarhalevimray forrayestevadaeossamae. Istinirsiltyneldarthadae olfar celonwinetharayinanargul toron bearevacirolmireth sarlonathvoreldasar osfin Mirongololtilhil alneldae hieminasor mayinaniristaosnaysir." then stood silently and waited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:35 am

The ranger spoke true. His stalwart words were like a rising storm in the unseen world that cloaked the Huldrafolk, driving them away. The small malicious faeries lacked the courage to stand against one so sure and noble and scattered to the winds before his voice.

The bard and the warrior relaxed and backed away from one another cautiously. Inspiring, though, were the words of their lord, Skajrnir was a master in his own lands and had difficulty yet relinquishing his command to the wayward ranger. He brought their King back to them and stood alongside them in battle but the young lord yet considered him an outsider to their ways.

Skajrnir did not take his eyes off of the Phaerie. Even when he turned away and returned to his bed by the fire did he remain at ready. His kind always had and would be expected to attack when it was least expected, it was the way of the Fair-Ones.

The danger had passed. The presence of the Huldrafolk had been dismissed and the tension they had caused lifted, yet anger and mistrust yet stirred in the heart of the young horse master.

"Ranger." Hailed Skajrnir aside from the others, "A word if you please." The Rohirrim gestured toward the ruins that ran along the river and bade him follow.

The moon was just beginning rise as they strolled through the remains of an ancient garden temple at the feet of the eastward king. The pale rays sifted through the columns and painted soft shadows along the cracked marble floor.

"My lord, I do not trust this Fair-One. Noble as his intentions may seem, deception is the way of their kind." Said Skajrnir with conviction, "This woman — Jalisa — who is she? From where does she hail? She has the look of one of his kind. They are not High Elves such as you, they are not part of our world, why do you tolerate them in our midst? Come morning, we should part company with them."

The Rohirrim lord spoke plainly with this distant king. He appealed to the blood of Men that flowed through his veins for he knew that deep within his heart the ranger knew he was right.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna approached Lac and gave him her hand so that he could see and explain to Skajrnir how she acquired the wound. Once he was finished, she smiled her thanks to her fellow warrior before walking away, back to her pallet. Sitting down once again, she tried to relax when she saw Skajrnir approach Lac. She wondered what that was about and watched. She couldn't hear what was being said but the look on Skajrnir's face told her that he was irritated over something.

Sighing, she stayed there waiting for him to get done so that she could approach him herself and thank him for coming to her defense, even though none was needed.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 am

While Brianna awaited for the Rohirrim lord to finish his conversation with the ranger she was accompanied by the last person she wanted to see.

"Forgive me for failing to take notice of your hand before, lady Brianna." Mentioned Tiphereth as he seemed to appear from out of no where, sitting upon a fallen tree but a few strides away from where she had made her bed.

Although he seemed sincere his unnatural paler and black eyes made him appear quite sinister in the moonlight, but he himself was oblivious of this. In fact to him, Brianna, with her hardened expression and often cold demeanor appeared just as threatening as he did to her.

The Deithir seemed to be in a rather strange mood, or perhaps he was behaving more natural than he ever had before, Brianna could not know. He sprang off the dead tree and moved toward her with alarming speed but he stopped short of her, his inky black eyes staring up at the moon.

"Do you hear that?" He asked her.

There was nothing to be heard, except the sound of crickets and rushing water. Tiphereth was only pretending to detect something.

"Nothing." He answered his own question, "Nothing. The ranger has driven them off. The Huldra will not return this night. You may rest easy."

The Deithir crouched down beside her, balancing on the balls of his feet.

"Your binding of the one, also aided to banishing them all. If you can confront them you can exact your will upon them. You have to catch them first, however, a difficult thing," he added, "but once you have them in your sights, rid yourself of all those emotions that empower them. Fear, apprehension, doubt... fill your heart with confidence and lesser Phaerie will bend."

Tiphereth glanced once more at Brianna's hand. A scratch by his standards, but an injury nonetheless and one that might have been avoided if he had acted sooner. He would not make the same mistake twice and so he decided to plant a seed now so that it would take root in the future when he would require it's fruit. He only hoped he was acting soon enough.

He looked toward the ruins where, the Rohirrim lord and the ranger spoke secretly. He might have heard them, but their wills were too strong and so his Phaerie magic and abilities were countermanded. The bard, however, could guess what the topic was.

"Your lord does not care for my kind much." Mentioned Tiphereth, "Not that I blame him."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:23 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna jumped a little as Tiphereth appeared, sitting on the fallen tree next to her. Watching him with his paleness and black eyes, her dream came to the front of her mind. She fidgeted a little and found herself taking a step back as he moved with an unnatural speed to stand before her. She looked around her, desperately wanting to get away from him, but knowing that to do so would cause suspicion and probably anger the Deither, which she didn't want to do at this moment. When he spoke of the Huldra having left, thanks to Lac as well as herself then mentioned about filling her hear with confidence, she almost asked if the same would work on him but stayed her tongue as she stared into his black eyes, her own dark green ones cautious. At the mention of Skajrnir, she looked to the Rohirrim warrior speaking to Lac.

"He is not my lord. I do not even know him, but you have to understand that we do not trust easily and to him you are a stranger in his lands. That means you are a threat until you prove otherwise. It is our way to protect ourselves."

What she really wanted to tell him was that she too no longer cared for him much, but again stayed her tongue. All she wanted was for Tiphereth to give her space. Because of what she suspected as well as the dream, him being this close to her made her uneasy and it showed in her stance, although she was unaware of it.

"If you will forgive me, Tiphereth, I would like to rest. Please, remember that Skajrnir is simply acting cautiously until he knows you better."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Tiphereth nodded to Brianna. "Yes, 'twill be a long day on the morrow." he agreed, knowing all to well that she wanted to be rid of him. He stepped back and at that moment the darkness about them came alive with hundreds of tiny lights blinking in and out of sight. Tiphereth looked up and genuinely smiled at the swarm of fireflies that had chosen to invade the camp. With a movement almost too fast to see the Deithir plucked one the lights out of the air and inspected the small black insect. He seemed disappointed and gently released it.

"Not what I was expecting." He mentioned then bowed, "I shall bid you a good night and thank you for your council."

The bard motioned to return to his place by the fire but before he left looked over his shoulder at the Rohirrim woman. "No." he answered her unsaid question, "No, your will alone would not serve to ward me."

Had he read her mind or was the question just that obvious? In this case it was the latter, but he offered no further explanations. The Deithir just wandered back to his bed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna shivered with Tiphereth's parting words. She looked over at Skajrnir once more before looking back at the Phaerie as he lay back down in the spot he'd made for himself. She sat down once again, clearly uneasy and trying hard to hide it. Laying down, she struggled to sleep knowing that sleep wouldn't be visiting her that night.

After only a few minutes, she sat up and leaned up against the old log that Tiphereth had previously been sitting on. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she rested her head on them, deep in thought. She knew that she had to tread lightly where Tiphereth was concerned she wasn't sure how to do that.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 am

When Skarnir asked for a word, Lac bowed his head slightly and said "Of course Skajrnir." Lac then listened closely to the Rohirian warriors concerns. When the warrior had finished Lac placed a calming hand on the warriors shoulder and spoke softly, so only Skajrnir would hear his words. "Trust is something elusive and must be earned. You are wise not to give it freely or easily. I ask you Skajrnir, Warrior of Rohan, do you trust me? ....... Both Tiphereth and Jalisa proved their loyalty and earned my trust many times over as have Ssinjin and Othargren, you and your companions." Lac directed Skajrnir's eyes to Loki. "The trust I have in Loki's goes beyond anyothers and has been with me for as long as I can remember.

But, I will confide in your that there is a strange force that I sense about us. It has been with us since Jalisa and Tiphereth returned. I will ask that you remain vigilant yet cunning as you watch. To answer your question regarding Jalisa, there is much more to the woman than we see." Lac glanced over at Jalisa briefly then to Loki lying next to Ssinjin, as the dragon's eyes watched Jalisa. "Yes, much more to the woman Jalisa than would appear. Put your concerns at ease my friend, rest and tomorrow may bring asnswers to many of our questions. I ask that you trust my judgment, we must not give in to fighting amongst ourselves. If we and all who join us remain united we shall see victory. If the forces of Morgath succeed in dividing us ....... a darkness will fall upon the lands, the likeness that has not been seen before." Lac lifted his hand from Skajrnir's shoulder, bowed and returned to Loki and Ssinjin.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Skajrinir eyes widened slightly at the mere mention of Fallen One's name. "Morgoth." he repeated softly... carefully, as if the mention of it would conjure the demon himself.

It was true then. He had indeed returned. The Rohirrim lord had dismissed the hushed talk of him as the rumors spread by frightened tongues but Lac'Nal had confirmed what they all feared. He also knew then that this was indeed the march of companions that had been set before him. There had been talk of it in Rohan before the rising of the Gorrinvul and upon seeing the motley group he began to suspect. After he had sought to follow a king in his time of need, to return the favor he had granted them, but never did he dare to hope that this was indeed the few who stood against the dark god himself.

The Rohirrim warrior stood proud. A new sense of purpose had been instilled within him and so moved was he by the words of this foreign king that he fell to a knee and bowed his head before him. The gesture was one of respect, but this was not a courtyard and to the ranger they were all equals in this struggle. He urged the man to rise and across from one another they stood, brother to brother.

"I shall not fail you my lord." Pledged Skajrinir.

Nothing else was said. The warrior offered a slight bow then took his leave. As she walked along the river bank, tall and proud he dared to turn and stare in the great golden eyes of the Dragon. His people believed that the eyes of Dragon could still steal one's soul but he stifled his fear, and looked hard, nodding as he did so.

Before returning to the encampment of his countrymen, the lord stopped before his dark haired kin. He looked down at her then across the fire to where the Phaerie rested.

"We must accept our differences." He told her, but it was more of an order. His deep blue eyes then fell back upon her and for a moment softened, "Be vigilant, Brianna. A darkness stirs among us."

The lord's eyes glanced once more towards Tiphereth and Jalisa. He then looked toward his brothers who were preparing the meat of the deer. Their laughter was warm and inviting. The Dwarf it seemed, believed his way of butchering was much more superior to theirs and the men not caring either way were having a merry time spurring him on.

It was obvious that Skajrinir would speak more of any dissension in their party. He had said his piece and would hear no more. The woman, however, seemed forlorn. It was not his way to pry and normally he would leave a woman alone with her tears, but the his mood suddenly felt as bright as the moon that shone down upon them.

"Please, join us." The warrior offered. He did not wait for a reply. The invitation had been extended and so he carried on to give aid to his fellow warriors in the defense of their butchering techniques versus the ways of the Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Jalisa1

Jalisa watched all that happened through veiled eyes. Things were starting to get very interesting around the camp of companions. Inwardly she grinned at this turn of events and knew she would capitalize on it as soon as the chance arose. For now, though, she remained where she was with her back turned to the fire and the others as they talked among themselves.

When the Deithir returned to his bedroll, the Dragoness’ eyes settled on his profile once more. He was a handsome creature. That was no denying. No doubt he would be able to either charm or frighten the dark haired Rohirrim woman, which ever way he chose would be fine with Jalisa. Just so long as her suspicions didn’t take root in another’s ears.

The warrior, Skajrinir, would be another matter. Jalisa couldn’t hear EXACTLY what was being said between the Ranger and the warrior but no doubt it had to be about her. She could FEEL his eyes upon her. Eye that looked upon her with distrust and suspicion. No problem. The instant she got her chance, she would have him forget why he was so worried about her and just see her as nothing more than a companion traveling along with the others.

But there was another’s eyes upon her she could not use any of her abilities upon. Loki. He still looked upon he and she could practically feel his golden gaze burning twin holes in her back. Luckily he would not be able to discover the truth without forcing the matter and in order to do that, he would have to meet her as an equal. Something neither one of them truly wanted at this moment.

But the moment would come. Of that there was no doubt. And when it did, this rag tag group of would be hero’s was going to be in for more of a shock than they realized. Until then, she would continue on with things just as she had planned. Of course she couldn’t wait for the group to settle so she could visit with Verin. While she wouldn’t physically leave the area, those of a keen magical sense would be able to feel the magic flowing about and know something was actively happening. And it was even more so now that Loki had joined the group. The only way she could get Loki to not notice was if he were to be….

Yes. That was it. She knew EXACTLY what she would do. And soon. That way, the whole lot of them, including the Green, wouldn’t be able to know anything was happening. Except her handsome cohort in conspiracy, that is.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:00 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna's dark green eyes bespoke of understanding to Skajrnir's words. In order for her to to find out what was going on, she too needed to appear as if she'd accepted each other's differences.

When her kinsman invited her to join him and his men she smiled her acceptance and rose from her place following him over to where the dwarf was trying to instruct the Rohirrim warriors on the proper way to butcher a deer. She stood next to Skajrnir, unable to stifle her smile at the men's antics with Orthargren.

"Thank you, m'lord, for inviting me to join you and your men over here. I believe it is just what was needed for me."

Her eyes strayed to Tiphereth, a wariness appearing within their green depths before she looked back to the dwarf's attempts to show the warriors how to butcher the deer.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 am

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Sighere_sabertson

Sighere grinned widely when Brianna had decided to join them and raised his horn of ale. The shortest of the three warriors always seemed to have a drink in his hand yet his wits were rarely dull.

"Good evening, Lady of Rohan." Sighere greeted in an overly garish fashion.

Skajrinir's serious expression at last broke into a smile at the man's antics.

"Oh, you dun think she's a lady then, eh?" Sighere jested, putting his lord on the spot.

"Mind that sharp tongue, Sighere. I am well aware she be a lady and a warrior." Countered Skajirnir.

"To our lady-warror." Mused the lieutenant raising his horn high and swallowing back the remainder of its contents.

"Are ye done yet makin' a fool o' yerself, master Sabertson?" Grumbled the Dwarf, "Or do ye care for your share o' the meat?"

Sighere feigned a scowl then smiled. "Throw a slab o'er the fire for me, Othargren." The warrior requested then turned back to Brianna and gave her a quick wink, "I'm off to the river to wash off this stink. I could use an extra pair o' hands y' know."

"Be off with ya." Retorted, Skajrinir, giving his countryman a playful kick in the rump.

"I hope you yet have room in your belly for some venison?" Asked Skajrinir of Brianna, "Thanks to the ranger, we have more than enough."

The Rohirrim and the Dwarf had made their own roaring fire several strides from Lac'Nal's original, if only to offer those who were turning in early by their standards some privacy. Over it they constructed a few spits, and the scent of roasted meat already hung thick in the air. Othargren and Jorneff had followed Sighere to the river to wash and left Brianna and the lord alone for the time being.

Skajrinir gestured to one of the sitting logs they had pulled up and upon Brianna's offering of thanks, the lord responded, "You are welcome, but your thanks is hardly required. Are you not one of us?" Upon saying that, the lord's eyes looked across their fire and settled upon the Deithir and the elfin-woman, Jalisa, "Would ye rather share their company instead of ours?" He posed in a hushed tone.

The warrior stoked the fire with long piece of drift wood, Sighere had fetched from the river, sending an explosion of fiery sparks into the night sky. It was that moment, that the vibrant glint the silver medallion that hung from the lord's neck caught her eye. Usually tucked within his armour it had spilled out. A silvery disk upon a highly polished chain, so clean it appeared as if it had just been newly crafted.

Brianna's notice of the bobble make the warrior self conscious and he quickly tucked away. "It's but talisman." He told her, "A family heirloom, passed down from my father's old old. It is a ward against the charm's of the Fair-folk, " his eyes then darted toward Loki, "and Dragons, although I have yet to personally witness the protection it supposed to offer."

Skajrinir poked the fire once more and the rising warm air stirred his golden locks. "There is something not right about those two." he said aside to Brianna of Tiphereth and Jalisa, "Perhaps they are not even aware of it, I cannot tell, nor can the ranger. Something, dark looms over them, though, something... magical."

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Drow

The great wings that were the cloak of the Drow sorcerer set him down upon the bank of the forks. The magic of flight was physically draining and before he could continue on through the night, Verin required some rest. There, where the Celduin met the Carnen he sat upon a stone, listening to the soothing sound of the rapids.

"Let us see what you have been up to." he said to himself, letting his eyes drift behind those of the Deithir, but he immediately stopped the crossing.

"Loki!" Exclaimed the Drow, "It must be. Why do you linger so near your dark Dragoness?" He wondered.

Surely the great Dragon did not suspect. How could he? Still, stranger things have happened, and Verin did not believe in taking chances. He would press onward, up the Redwater river as soon as he was able and put more distance between him and the companions of the quest. A pity though he would not be able visit his minions nor see for himself what was transpiring, but it was far too much of a risk. Loki would know the moment he took possession of the Deithir or attempted to contact his Dragoness and so it was best to remain silent for now. Perhaps by morning the great Dragon would leave them and he could visit his minions before he bedded down for the day.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Newjin

Jin rested comfortably near Loki. So much so that she allowed herself to drift off into a peaceful rest as she laid next to the giant, scaled body. Never, in all her life, would Jin imagine she would ever sleep next to a Dragon. Yet….here she was. And for some reason, she found comfort in his presence. Knowing that no matter what was out there, as long as the giant, green Dragon was in her company, those forces who looked to do her harm were held at bay. Allowing her to get the rest she very much needed.

Jalisa, on the other hand, was anything BUT resting peacefully. With each moment that past as the others spoke quietly among themselves, whispering words Jalisa knew she and the Deithir were the topic of conversation, she felt her nerves begin to bristle. But they soon began to settle when she heard the voice of one of the Rohan men state he was headed for the river.

A slow smile eased over her face then as she thought of another pair of hands that would certainly be willing to aid in his bathing. Knowing Loki’s eyes were still upon her, Jalisa had to move carefully. With a soft sigh, she sat up and peeled the blanket off her before she stood and made her way into the woods, walking in a different direction than Sighere had taken.

Once she was out of range of the firelight, the Dragoness faded from sight and reappeared along the bank near where Sighere had gone. Keeping herself concealed until just the right moment, she then faded from sight and reappeared in the water just down from where he was. Her back was facing him and she made just enough splashing sounds to let him hear it then waited knowing his curiosity would get the better of him. Her black hair seemed to take on an even darker hue in the moonlight. And her skin seemed even paler. A stark contrast between the two.

She laid her head back then sank down into the water to submerge herself then slowly stood back up to let the water cascade from her now soaked hair into small rivulets down her back. Holding her arms out she began to slide her hands over the ivory skin as though she were washing the dust from her body looking as though she were unaware another may be close by.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Lac, walked over, removed his Elven cloak, sat down next to Ssinjin, spreading the cloak over them as Loki extended a wing and arched it over the Ranger and The Drow. Loki then lowered his head onto his forelegs, gave a soft sigh and slowly half closed his eyes. His breathing became deep and slow, as small whiffs of smoke rose from his nostrils.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Her gaze hardened a little as she looked upon Tiphereth again after Skajrnir's question to her before she turned to him.

"No. I most definately would not prefer to be with the Deither and yes, I have more room in my belly for some venison."

The last she said with a smile. That was when she noticed the medallion and how it shined in the firelight. When he commented on Tiphereth and Jalisa she looked quickly at him, her dark green eyes filled with shock.

"You have noticed, as well? Good. I thought Augustine and I were the only ones."

She was unsure whether or not she should tell him about her dream and when Raelayeg bolted as well as what Tiphereth had said to her earlier this evening at her pallet. She chose to keep her tongue for now and wait. She thought about his talisman and spoke.

"Be glad you have something of your ancestor's. Something of them to hold close to you."

When she spoke, her eyes filled with sadness as she thought about her adopted parents being gone and her own true people whom she knew nothing about. Smiling again, she looked back at him.

"But, what's done is done and cannot be changed. We are here and we are alive. That in itself is something to be thankful for."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 pm

The wolf pup
4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Cwc-wolf-pup , smelled the cooking vesion and as the dragons wing lifted, he ran over to where Brianna was stand and sat down, behind her. After a few minutes of being ignored the pup knipped at her heel playfully, then sat back down looking forlornly at the cooking meat.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 am

Sighere, stripped off his shirt and plunged into the water several times to rinse out the stink. While the Rohirrim were not particularly known for their cleanliness, especially the warriors, he had only just washed the shirt the previous day and thought it a shame that he had soiled it so soon. He then proceeded to wash his face and arms at the river's edge, gasping at the icy sting of the fast water. It was the coldness of the water that made the warrior actually question what he saw, when he spied the pale, naked form of a dark haired woman bathing before him. Her pale skin shimmered in the moonlight as glistening drops traced her curves while, Sighere stared in awe. His first, thought, was that she might be a Nixie or perhaps a Nymph, bent on stealing his essence and he back away. Enticing as she was, the warrior's superstitions beat out his lust. Then he noticed that it was in fact, Jalisa.

"Are you not cold?" Inquired the warrior curiously but not without ulterior motives, "Maybe y—"

Sighere's words were cut off by the guttural sounds of a Dwarven song, as Othargren and Jorneff stomped through the bushes at the same bank. The Dwarf continued to sing a few more bars after he caught sight of Sighere, as if the man had an ear for the baritone.

"Sighere, here appreciates Dwarven song. Don't ye lad?"

Sighere pried his eyes away from Jalisa's body just long enough to give a wry answer, "Is that what that was? A song?"

"Ah! Ye Rohirrim have no appreciation for music." Huffed the Dwarf as he approached the river bank.

As Othargren approached he spied the lady Jalisa, and looked embarrassed. "Oh. I beg yer pardon, lady." The Dwarf humbly apologized, then cast Sighere a disapproving stare, to which the warrior just shrugged his shoulders innocently.

"Com'on, lads, we're heading further down stream." Ordered the Dwarf, ushering the two men ahead of him.

Skajrinir knew well the feeling of loss; their people had suffered much. Staring into the fire, he thought of his cousin, Ceolwulf and thought once more of the indignity of he being the successor to such a great man and proud warrior. How tragic that he did not live to see son's carry on his name, and that his legacy had passed to his bastard cousin.

"It cannot be changed." Repeated Skajirnir.

The yip of the wolf pup pulled him from his trance. The warrior looked down at the little ball of fur with a slight smile on his pensive face.

"He looks hungry." He mentioned to Brianna.

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Cwc-wolf-pup
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Jalisa heard the Rohirrim's voice as he began to talk to her but all too soon they were cut short by the intrusion of the Dwarf. The sound of his 'singing' and the way his feet stomped when he walked made it all but impossible to hear anything else or even pay attention to anything but the short, stout warrior. Growling inder her breath and narrowing her eyes as she heard him jest with the Rohirrim, she cleared the look off her face, drew her arms close to her to obscure her naked form from eyes she didn't want to see it and glanced over her shoulder as the Dwarf and his bathing companions passed by. The look on her face was one of slight embarrassment at being caught without her clothes and surprise they walked by her.

When the Dwarf and his companions passed by, she dared to glance over her shoulder at Sighere again and give him a shy smile. Lowering her body into the water to hide her nudity from his eyes, she turned to face him and slowly began making her way towards him. Her moves were deliberate and methodical as she worked at a zig zag pattern through the water. When her eyes finally held his, that's when she was able to allow the influence she could have over 'lesser' creatures begin.

Her voice was as smooth as silk and as soft as a gooses down feathers. Her eyes, while still that strange blue color, held the barest hint of a glow to them as she spoke.

"Aye. The water has chilled my body but sometimes in order to feel the best heat, one must allow the chill to seep into them. Would you not agree?"

As she drew closer a fog began to rise up from the water and surround the two of them. It wasn't thick but it gave enough of a curtain of privacy where they weren't easily seen by anyone who would have been in close proximity. It wasn't so much of the use of magic as it was her inherited abilities that allowed her to do these things. All Dragons had a natural affinity for these sort of abilities and she was no different. No matter what form she took. When she was just a foot away form him she began to move in a slow circle around him. Her body was obscured from clearly being seen by the water but she made sure she was close enough so he could see she was indeed female in all the right ways.

"Tis a shame you and your fellow warriors wish to remain separated from the rest of the group. I know I for one would not mind your company. Even the dark skinned Jin would welcome the company of your countrymen. And of course the dark haired woman from Rohan is more than willing to share her company with her fellow brothers. There is nothing to be wary of among the group. After all, we are all seeking the same thing, are we not? To come together as one and rid the land of the forces seeking to destroy us all? It seems to me that this sort of separation would be able to cause some....discord among the group. Perhaps you could convince your friends there is nothing to worry themselves over. That the group has done much to aid in ridding your lands of the plague that threatened to kill every last man, woman and child. Surely there has to be something said for THAT. Don't you think?"

She stopped circling and remained in the water in front of him. As she saw his eyes, she smiled sweetly then rose up out of the water to stand before him making sure he was between her and the others in case they were happened upon.

"You never know what sort of friendship could come from becoming part of the group."
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 am

As Othargren guided the two men away to a spot further down stream, he hadn't noticed that the woman had followed them. While they bathed quickly in the cold waters, which hardly seemed to have an effect on the tough Dwarf, Sighere had wandered into Dragoness' web.

He was all for the idea of coupling with the fair dark haired woman, but he remained at odds with her talk of joining, 'her group'. It somehow, seemed, sinister but the more she spoke, the less he seemed to care. In fact her words began to make sense to him. Why in fact would they not trust these heroes who had risked their lives for the sake of their people?

"I believe you are right?" Sighere agreed, "Skajrinir and Brianna are wrong. Why do they plot against you? Perhaps it is they that are serpents among us." he surmised.

Sighere was all about 'friendship' with Jalisa. He waded into the river, closing in on the small woman.

"Let us be friends then." He said but as he reached out his hands they recoiled just as quick from the startling call of the Dwarf.

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Othargren

"SIGHERE!" Bellowed the Othargren, "Sighere, lad! Where are ye? I've never seen fog rise up so quick! Sighere!"

Reluctantly Sighere turned and called back, "O'er here, Othargren."

The warrior had little choice but to answer. The fog was indeed thick and his companions might needlessly take to searching the waters of the Anduin to seek him out.

"Ah, there ye be." Replied the Dwarf following, Sighere's voice, "Jorneff! O'er here."

When Othargren and Jorneff could at last make out their friend's form through the mist they were curious as to why the shivering man was standing up to his waist in the freezing waters.

"Ye best be getin' outta their lad before yer balls end up down river. What are ye doin' anyway?" Inquired the Dwarf.

Sighere's mind was a blank. "Well I'm...", he began as he turned his head around into the direction his body was facing.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna couldn't help but laugh at the pup's antics as she pulled him up into her lap, burying her face into the soft fur. She lifted her head as she put him back down.

"Hang on, little one. I will share with you." She cut off a piece of venison from the skewer and was blowing on it when the pup yelped at her. "Just a minute, unless you want to burn your tongue." She finished blowing on it before handing it to the adorable pup.

"He is adorable. He is a reminder that not all is lost if we can still find it within ourselves to smile. Of course, we must find that something first or in this case, be ready to smile when it nips us in the heels."

She cut off another large piece of meat and after cooling it, she ate her fill while sharing with the ornery pup who was making a clown of himself trying to grab the meat from her before it cooled and falling over more than once or making faces if it was still too hot. She looked to Skajrnir to see if he had noticed the little one's antics.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 am

Watching the playful pup, Skajrinir grinned but too soon his face once again turned sullen.

"The world is changing, Brianna." The warrior said as he turned his eyes back to the fire, "My forefather's once boasted that this was the time of Men, but I have seen nothing of the kind. Elves and Orc yet cross through our lands, Dragons fill our skies and now we even share our camp with one of the Fair-folk. This is not our time. It is so hard to hold onto happiness when it can be taken away as swiftly as one finds it."

There was ire beneath the Rohirrim warrior's words. A well controlled anger that ate away at the man. The rage of one who felt he had no control over his life; one who instead of accepting the world as it was decided to change it.

"Never again will I allow, abominations like the Gorrinvul threaten our people. Take from us our kin. If that means I have to fight all who are different from us, and their sympathizers, than so be it." Pledged the warrior.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Jalisa was on shore and looking as though she had just put her tunic back on when her voice spoke up to let the others know she was there. Giving a shy smile, she appeared to be tucking the hem of her tunic into her pants as she walked out from behind a tree she seemed to be using for privacy.

”He was just making sure I was able to dress without fear of being happened upon by man or beast.”

Walking to the water’s edge, Jalisa had the others to her back and Sighere to her front as she held his eyes once more and smiled.

”Thank you again, Sighere. Your help is most appreciated. I believe the Dwarf is right, though. You really should get out of that water before it does more harm than good.”

Once again she used her influence on the man knowing he would retain what he needed to without realizing what had taken place. Turning to face the others, she gave them all another beautiful smile then headed back to the fire and laid down net to Tiphereth once again.

One down.

She would chisel away at the others until she had them secure and planting seeds of doubt of their own. After all, once the seed was planted it would be very difficult to kill it. And that was what she was counting on.

Oh the heart of men was so easy to manipulate. She almost felt sorry for them.

Almost.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:09 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Briann12Brianna looked into the fire, sighing deeply at Skajrnir's words and the anger she heard in his voice. She knew how he felt....understood it, but she also knew that happiness was what they had over the dark lord and his minions. It was the one thing that he would never feel. Only they would feel happiness, love, compassion. She looked over at Jin and thought about how the drow was when she first met her and how she was now. She was becoming a friend when Jin could barely stand her in the beginning.

"Skajrnir, I understand how you feel, but even though happiness can be taken from us, the memory of that happiness cannot. That is what we should hang onto. That is what makes us stronger than the dark lord. The ability to hang on to those happy, loving memories. I didn't realize this until recently and it was Jinn who inadvertantly showed me. And, anger does nothing but consume those that hold it close to them. It is a double edged blade that can cut the wielder as well as the opponent. It is something that is best wielded in battle, but not in the heart and soul."

She turned her green gaze upon him, her eyes soft in their understanding of what he was feeling. She looked down at the pup who was clearly tired but trying to stay awake so that he would not miss anything. She picked him up, cradling him close to her chest. She looked over at Skajrnir, a smile on her face.

"This pup, Gods forbid, could be taken from us tomorrow. We would feel the grief and anger of such a loss of innocent life, but you and I would have the memory of his antics with us this night forever. Memories that would bring a smile every time we thought of it. The evil ones can take this precious life from us, but not the memories we have created this night."

She gently set the now slumbering pup in Skajrnir's lap as she rose.

"I am heading to the river to wash off the filth of battle. Please, think about what I have said. Don't let your anger consume you until there is nothing left of you."

She turned and headed to the river, passing Jalisa. She nodded to her in a friendly manner. She was still unsure of the woman, but for now, all she wanted to do was feel clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4. INTO THE NORTH
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim-
Jump to: