Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

4. INTO THE NORTH

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:15 am

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Briann11
Brianna was exhausted as was her steed. They'd all ridden hard that day and she too felt the absence of the Phaerie. Although he'd begun to act strangely, she still had liked the man. She sighed, looking around her at the others her eyes resting on Jalisa and then looking away. Something wasn't right there, but she couldn't put her finger upon it.

As they reached the ruins, she smiled, thankful that they would rest as could their horses. She'd spoken little on their journey, staying more to herself deep in thought, not even speaking much to Augustine. He too had seemed distant and it bothered her. She watched as Lac dismounted and walked to the flat rock, wondering what he was doing but not interfering. Jinn followed and she gave a small grin, thinking what an odd pair they were, but the love there was strong.....anyone could see that.

She dismounted as Jinn walked into the dark tower, looking around her and moving slower than the others, falling behind. She didn't like the dark and felt uneasy, but hid it from the others, holding the reins to Charda in her hand as the mare followed behind her. She wondered how far in they were going to go and realized now that she brought up the rear having fallen behind, when she saw everyone moving swiftly further into the tower.

She peered through small opening within the tight group and saw Jinn struggling to get to her feet and Lac at her side. Her brows furrowed together as she thought about what could have brought the strong Drowess to her knees.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 am

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Newjin

”I….I do not know.”

When Jin felt Lac grab her hand she wrapped her fingers around it then reached for it with her other hand as well. She trembled slightly from both the pain that still lingered and the fear she felt from being attacked so easily. It reminded her just how vulnerable she really was and she detested that feeling. Jin saw the confused look on Lac’s face and she tried to explain. Her voice was laced with the pain she felt making her sound more like a child than a grown woman.

”My head pains me terribly. Perhaps I am travel weary more than I realized. A few hours of rest should be all I need.”

She didn’t want to tell him she couldn’t remember what happened. She knew SOMETHING did but what evaded her. It was as though it were just on the outer reaches of her memory and she couldn’t fully grasp it. Whatever it was left her shaken to the very core and the pain caused her to be very disoriented.

As she looked around at the faces of the others that had gathered she saw the look of concern on all of their faces. Even the Riders from Rohan that normally kept their emotions tucked away let some creep onto their features. Finally her eyes rested on Jalisa as the dark haired woman stood near the doorway. For a moment Jin’s eyes met hers and she had the sensation she should know something but she couldn’t recall it. With Lac’s help she rose to her feet and moved towards the doorway of the tower.

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Jalisa1

Jalisa watched Lac help the Drowess to her feet and move towards the door. For a minute she was certain the Drowess was going to say something when their eyes met but Jalisa’s magic was strong and even the Drowess couldn’t recall what happened.

As the others filed out, Jalisa stayed behind and began preparing the inside of the tower for sleeping quarters. She went about gathering some old twigs and wood that had been collected over the years inside the place and piled them up in the center of the room then circled them with stones. Going through the motions of making it look as though she has a flint stone, she let her eyes glance around and when no one was paying attention she leaned down closer to the twigs and blew gently. The twigs began to smolder then flicker to life with fire. Sitting back up she quickly added some more material to the fire to get it going.

AS soon as the fire was good to go, she found a few torches that could still be used. Setting them ablaze, she positioned them in the brackets on the walls to make sure the place was well lit. She felt eyes on her and turning slowly, she saw Brianna in the doorway watching her. There was suspicion in the woman’s eyes and Jalisa could only smile at her.

”Finally come to help out, did you? Good….we need to get some of these stones out of the way so there’s room to spread out the bed rolls. And put that dwarf someplace in the corner so his snoring doesn’t keep us all awake all night.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 pm

4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Briann11Brianna said nothing to Jalisa, but she did move in to help move the rocks out of the way. She didn't trust the 'woman' and it showed. Something was different about her....something that wasn't good. She cast a glance over to where Jinn was every now and then, wanting to make sure that her friend was okay, but saw that Lac was with her and didn't want to intrude. Looking around her as she moved rocks, she saw the others, some of the men moving rocks themselves while others were checking things out in the ruins.

Brianna was deep in thought as she moved rocks, finally having finished. She walked over to Lac and Jinn, smiling at them. "I am going to go hunt for some meat. I will stay close to the ruins." She then looked at Jinn, laying a hand on her shoulder, "I do not know what happened to you, my friend, but rest. I will return shortly." Brianna turned, holding the short bow one of the Rohirran men allowed her to borrow, walking away from them and heading to the east to search for prey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4. INTO THE NORTH   4. INTO THE NORTH - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4. INTO THE NORTH
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim-
Jump to: