Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

6: Shadows Creep

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 AeolisRanger

Aeolis heard Ceridwyn order the cinnamon cakes and he just looked over at her. Hearing her giggle, he couldn’t help but chuckle. It had been a long time since he had smiled so much, let alone actually chuckle or laugh. He found it actually helped him relax a little and he liked not feeling quite so…tense…all the time.

As Ceridwyn talked about the humans, Aeolis lert his eyes scan the Inn and saw they came in all shapes and sized. They were so different from the Elves. Yet he had to admit, they seemed to be quite resilient and as he looked at the two enjoying themselves at the bar, he had to agree with Ceridwyn there.

”I suppose. It looks as if those two took their playing a little too seriously. I would tend to think they will have quite the headache when they awake next.”

Noticing the way Ceridwyn was looking at him, he glanced around then looked at her again. He was about to say something to her when Lilly returned with their drinks. Setting them down in front of each of them, she set a plate of cheese and bread down for them as well.

“Somethin’ for ya t’nibble on until I can get yer food for ya.”

She winked then turned and was off again. Aeolis brought the mug to his nose and sniffed. It didn’t smell all THAT bad so he carefully took a sip and let the taste of it roll over his pallet. Deciding it had a unique yet good taste, he raised his brows and gave it his approval before he took another sip, this one bigger this time.

”I can see why you like this drink.”

Taking another sip he looked around at the gathered humans again. Licking his lips, he leaned in a little closer and lowered his voice.

”I wonder what the draconians we encountered were really looking for? I do not think it was a coincidence. They are looking for something.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 CeriBanner

Ceridwyn leaned back when the appetizer arrived and she too took her mead and inhaled it. “Ahhh, nothing like honey wine.” She smiled and sipped, closing her eyes and nodding in approval. She took some of the soft white cheese and spread it on a cracker. When Aeolis leaned forward and whispered she simply smiled and leaned forward as well answering simply, “Us.”

She leaned back and stared across the table at him, her eyes fixed on his. “You were an unwilling agent of the Dark Queen Aeolis, she will not let a servant of hers go, even one that was acting against his will. There was more reason to get out of Silvanost than simply being hasty in our quest, you are being hunted. No doubt there was transfer of knowledge into your head; stuff you don’t even know is in there… we need to figure out what key will unlock it.”

She picked up her wine and sipped it, looking over the rim of her glass and watching his face. She was speaking so relaxed and matter of fact about it. It would be obvious that she was fairly well grounded in the ways of things, and this was simply something that needed to be accepted and dealt with. “Aeolis, I can sense that you have this growing desire to protect me, but surely I tell you, currently, it is I who am protecting you.” She leaned forward on her elbows and whispered, “This is not an assignment. Truth be told there are much larger fish in the preverbal pond, the council is acting on other matters with others in positions of much higher prominence than yourself, but in my opinion everyone deserves a second chance, and besides, we might have had a rocky past, but we are kin after all.” She smiled and leaned back, grabbing her mead on the way to reclining in the booth again, “It is... " she sipped her beverage, “…the little things that make us happy.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Aeolis didn’t like hearing her speak so matter of factly about the fact he was the one being hunted. Now he was thinking he’d put her in jeopardy just by being with him. But he was right. She was capable of taking care of herself…and him in certain things.

”It is something that is ingrained in my since I was young, Ceridwyn. The fairer sex needed to be protected. Even those who wear the robes of their deity. While I know you are more than capable of taking care of yourself, you cannot have eyes in the back of your head. So, just consider me your rear eyes.”

The finality in his voice told her he wasn’t going to budge on the subject and leave it at mutual respect for each others skills. He sipped his wine some more the looked over at her again.

”I’m not sure I want to know what is in here….”

He pointed to his head and shook his head.

”….what ever is it cannot be good if they are trying to extract it from me. If it is buried deep, then as the humans day, no need in beating a dead horse. If it is alright with you, I would just as soon let it be. It is not hurting anything but me being where it is. And if that is all that will be affected, then I am all the more happy.”

Lilly returned with their food and as she set the bowls down in front of them, Aeolis sniffed the aroma once more and smiled. He didn’t know what it was in the bowl and really didn’t care. If it tasted as good as it smelled, he would gladly eat it.

“Enjoy, dearies. If ya need anythin’, just give me a shout.”

Another wink and she was gone again. Aeolis watched her walk away then looked across the table at Ceridwyn. Seeing how closely she was watching him, he felt his cheeks grow warm. Clearing his throat, he looked as dignified as he could.

[i]”She is quite….curvaceous.”

Without another word, he dug into his food and savored the flavor knowing he would enjoy every last drop.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:23 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Mythban2

Myth sighed feeling the sensation of fingers being run through his long hair. His eyes closed for several moments till he felt the anger rise within Rayann as she thought of her home. Her anger was justified to say the least of the matter. The few times he looked upon the tower and the castle revealed an ancient and well kept home. A place filled with fond childhood memories tuned into a monster infested nightmare. Myth seriosly doubted anyone could feel anything but anger in her shoes.

"A time with little more to do than practice my blade with the shadows or study a good book.... oh horror or horrors what ever will I do" He chuckled at the thought. Time spent without conflict seemed far off and foreign to him but at the same time deep down it was something he looked forward to.

"We cherish the time that we have and do with it what we can, or so the humans say."

Kissing the top of her head slightly Myth rested it there for several moments.

"I suppose a meal would be in order then we should consider the possibility of rest."

Myth looked out the window noting there was still plenty of time left in the day but he also knew that this time was needed for Rayann and Kali to recover. Myth knew he would be restless by the evening knowing there was still more to come on the morrow.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Pirabanner

Her eyes scanned the parchment as the words and runes contained inside began to shift and take shape. She resisted the urge to wrinkle her nose at the notion of a piece of their souls, her soul in particular, being linked to this well. However she also saw the necessity of the act to achieve the overall plan. Once more she saw the risk that they would both be at and was fully convinced of Fifth's sincerity of sharing this new found power. It came down to the universal balance of Krynn. She did not have time to contemplate the importance of this thought only what was to come.

"I am neve at anything less than 100% Fifth. I have my doubts about the overall effectiveness of the fear and the strength of the flame but...." her voice trailed off as there came a knock upon her door.

An almost other worldly growl emanated from her throat as she crossed the room hips swaying seductively. Straitening her robes she opened the door and shot a withering stare at the acolyte outside before taking a scroll from him. Waving the little git off she closed the door once more and began walking back to the table reading the contents. A bright smile had appeared on her face as she rolled the item up setting it upon the table.

"It would appear that the broken prodigy has failed in the task of retrieving his niece for her audience." A bemused look sparkled in her eye knowing the torment to come. Her mind was back on task almost as quickly as it had been distracted. " Now where was I... ah yes... since these defenses are drawn from the magic we intend to harness I suppose the effects will be all that much stronger and I should not discount them out of hand. However I believe that is what we are counting on others to do.... When do we start?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:47 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 RayannRed

Rayann tilted her head back so she could look up into his handsome face and smiled softly.

~I’ll get us something to eat and make enough for Kali and Nol for when they are ready to eat.~

She knew Myth enough to know where his thoughts were straying. While she wished she could engage him in something that would keep him occupied, she knew her rest wouldn’t wait. With a soft kiss to his cheek, she rose and made her way to the kitchen area to look for anything that she could make for some semblance of a meal.

When she came back to the room, she had, following behind her on a hovering tray, two plates of what appeared to be some kind of meat and vegetables. It didn’t smell bad. In fact, it smelled rather nice. And to top it all off, she had a small pot of steaming tea and two glasses of what appeared to be Elven wine. When Myth gave her a curious look, she smiled sheepishly and confessed.

~It appears the cooks on Myst Isle are in tuned with what ever it is we need. I suppose it has something to do with Nol being with us. Either way, I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth.~

The tray settled down on a large table near the window and Rayann proceeded to set everything accordingly then glanced over at Myth as he walked over to join her. Smiling softly at him, she sat down at the table and eyed the food. Her smile faded as she realized she really didn’t have much of an appetite. Finally she reached up and took a few sips of the tea then nibbled on her meal. Perhaps she was more tired than she realized.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Mythban2

As Rayann left the room Myth rose from his seat making his way to one of the nearby windows. His eyes looked over the landscape below and he let his mind wonder. With the battle over for the moment the strict order in Myth's mind had loosened. His focus split amongst the happenings here in his beloved's ancestral home and on events back at Silvanost. There were still storms to weather but he knew they would endure. The petty politics were trifle compared to the threats to come. The conversations with his father upon his return were likely to be difficult and frustrating. There was a need to change long dead rhetoric and Myth hoped he could convince his father to open his eyes and see it.

With a sigh he felt Rayann approaching once more and did his best to bring his mind inline once more before putting a smile on his face. He could only watch in wonderment as the trays floated in behind Rayann before arranging themselves upon the table they would eat at. Myth sat down looking over the items on the table. Like Rayann he was not feeling all that hungry but for different reasons. He could see the weariness in her eyes as she looked over the food and chose to focus on her tea and nibble at the meat.

"Wonders never cease around us it seems..." he sat in silence watching her for a short time with caring eyes. The need for rest was becomign increasingly apparent on Rayann's face as they sat their enjoying each other's company.

"You should get some rest mel'amin... you look as if you are going to pass out mid bite. I'm sure I can find something to do while you rest."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm

The last thing Rayann wanted to do was sleep while Myth was with her, but the more she sat there, the more she realized she was not going to have any choice in the matter. She knew his mind was troubled and what ever it was, he didn’t feel the need to burden her with it just yet. Knowing he would reveal it to her when he knew the time was right, she smiled sleepily at him and stood up then walked over to where he sat.

Wrapping her arms around him, she leaned in close and cradled his head to her bosom then rested her cheek on the top of his crimson colored head. Closing her eyes for a moment, she let the peacefulness of him surround her before she reluctantly pulled back and walked over to the bed and laid down. It was only mere seconds before she was sound asleep.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Ceridwyn looked over at him and could not help but react when her referred to her as the ‘fairer’ sex… of course the female sex was fairer in appearance but the implications behind such a statement were screaming at her. As she listened however, her face softened and she simply smiled, letting it go.

“Perhaps then…” she turned her head as Lilly returned and placed the delicious smelling food before them. Ceridwyn closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, smiling the broadest, most beautiful smile Aeolis had yet seen. “There is nothing better than good food.” She looked up and she was simply glowing. It would be obvious to Aeolis that Ceridwyn truly was among the salt of Krynn, a sophisticated woman with a fine tuned appreciation for the smallest things in this life. “This is called ‘wedding soup’, it’s a human meal served at special occasions typically, however it’s become more popular over the last century as an ‘anytime’ sort of meal.” She brought the spoon to her mouth and took a mouthful, closing her eyes and savoring the flavor. “Elven food is good, don’t get me wrong, but we insist that everything be so rich and spiced, human cuisine is quieter, they seem to know how to extract the most with the simplest ingredients.”

She continued to eat slowly, dunking the delicious bread and savoring the warm food in her stomach. “I am already feeling rested, I think I could take on a whole division of Draconians right now.” She smiled across the table at Aeolis and reached over, taking his hand gently, “I am sorry I misjudged you Aeolis, I must admit I didn’t like you, but getting to know you has shown me that even I can be a poor judge of character when I don’t allow myself to see the whole person.”

She smiled and patted the top of his hand, withdrawing her own slender fingers and taking her mead again, sipping it and smiling at him over the rim of her glass.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Aeolis was in mid bite when she reached over and took his hand in hers. His first reaction was to pull it back so they didn’t do anything improper but he remembered they were supposed to be portraying as though they were a couple. He felt his cheeks grow a little warm as he finished following through with taking another bite of his bread. He studied her intently as he chewed his food thoughtfully.

“You did not misjudge, Ceridwyn. I was an arrogant, pampas ass who looked down his nose at others, especially those of other races. I have sit and wondered many times if I did not deserve what happened to me. I was too proud to look beyond my own gain to see the others around me. I believe the humans refer to that as being unable to see the forest for the trees. Although I have never really understood that saying. Perhaps I will one day. Until then, I shall not lose sleep pondering over it.”

They finished their meal and had one more glass of the saffron mead, sipping it a bit slower than they did their first glass. Lilly, as it turned out, was quite the good server and made sure they didn’t lack for anything. When it came time to inquire about a room, Aeolis walked with Ceridwyn to the desk and secured a room for them. As they climbed the steps leaving the noise and merriment of the common room behind, Aeolis eased his hand over Ceridwyn’s so no one got the idea to even think of looking to her for company.

When they reached the room, he waited for her to enter before he slipped in and closed the door softly behind him. Waling over to the small table near the bed, he turned the wick of the lamp up and looked around. It was cozy and quaint…and not very big. Seeing a chair in the corner, he nodded towards it.

”I shall take the chair. You take the bed.”

He unshouldered his bow and pulled the belt that kept his short sword and quiver of arrows secure on his hip off, setting it down next to the chair.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm

She listened to him as he talked and nodded her head knowingly, “Aeolis, life is not always about our consequences. Yes, we must face the results of our choices, but sometimes, if the will is strong enough, the consequences of our actions can be altered, by making new choices.”

She smiled and genuinely enjoyed the rest of their evening. They chatted and laughed together, enjoying the company of the other. When he finally stood up to get a room she followed and gently placed her hand on the small of his back as they stood at the inn keepers desk. As they ascended the stairs and he took her hand she reciprocated, keeping up their illusion for the sake of those who might be watching. When they entered the room and he offered her the bed she nodded and spoke quietly, “My thanks to you Aeolis.”

She took her travel cloak off and hung it in the closet of the small room. She then removed her robes and hung them from a second hook in the closet. She lovingly touched them and turned looking at Aeolis, “These robes, they were my old robes from right after I passed the trials. I wore them for many, many years before getting a more ornate set as I moved up through the ranks. The events at Silvanost ruined those and I begrudgingly dug these out, not out of any sort of pride or anything, just, I don’t know, like a sword a magus robes become so part of who and what you are. Now that I have had them on a couple days they feel like an old friend has reentered my life.” She smiled and walked over to the bed, taking off the top blanket and handing it to Aeolis, “I will only need the sheet.”

She smiled and laid down in the bed, curling up under the sheet and quickly falling to sleep, the full meal which had followed the day’s events in the forest had finally caught up with her, and sleep was a welcome thing.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:48 am

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 KaliRed

Kali woke and opened her eyes slowly, looking around the room she focused on Nol and smiled, he was posted on guard in the window, watching over the landscape. She whispered, “Nol, come here…” He turned and smiled, walking to the bedside and kneeling beside her. “How’d you sleep?” She smiled and touched her forehead to his, “Like a rock, I don’t even remember my dreams.” Nol smiled and tucked a tendril of hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes, “I am glad, you will need your strength today.”

She sat up and looked at him, the coming events suddenly flooding into her mind. She nodded her head and spoke, “Yes, I am, as is my mother.” Nol nodded and responded, “Yes, today will be a test of your will, and your resolve. You mother shall be tested too, but in a different matter, for her there is emotional connection to the place, and she will be tormented before this day is over.”

Kali swung her legs over the bedside and looked at him curiously, her eyes were digging into his looking for answers, and how he could possibly know all this. “How…”, He brought his finger up to her lips and pressed gently, “It is not the how, it’s the why. I don’t know the future, but I have insight. The future is not ‘knowable’ in the true sense of the word, but knowledge of what is to come, that is a different thing.” He smiled gently and embraced her in a hug. As he held her he whispered into her ear, “The outcome is unclear, and unknown, but I know you and your mother have the necessary strength. I cannot aid you in this task, but your father will most likely be the lynch pin to victory.”

She inhaled deeply and felt sadness regarding his words. She had assumed he would be there with them again as they faced this next challenge, but his words were still ringing in her ears. She looked at him and touched his face. “Go then, do what it is you need to take care of.” He smiled and responded, “Kali, it is not that I don’t want to, this is a matter of ancestral importance. This is your home, this is a task that can only be completed by the heirs, you will understand as events unfold. I promise you, I would be by your side if I could, but the wardings that have been placed on the Tower of Kells will prevent me from continuing past the outer hall.”

She felt her eyes well up and Rayann and Myth would be able to feel her emotions. She stood and embraced Nol, “Will you wait for me?” He held her tightly and whispered, “Until my death.” She began to sob, burying her face into his shoulder. After a few minutes of purging her emotions she pushed back and touched his cheek. “Go, I will see you tonight.” He nodded and spoke, “You are the bravest mortal I have ever met, gods be with you!” He leapt from the window and the silver flash of his scales appeared and he landed on the massive balcony on the top level of Glen Durel, he roared so loudly that the whole castle was shaken to its foundation. The landscape echoed back as his roar returned and he sent a missive to the whole family below him. ~ ”May the house of Padraig rise again!” ~

Kali felt the castle shake and her resolve strengthened. As she heard Nol’s missive she lifted her chin and snapped her outer robes under her throat, straightening them in the mirror. She looked at herself and sent a missive to Myth and Rayann they would hear the absolution in her voice, ~’Today we take back what is ours!!’ ~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Rayann had awaken as the first rays of light seeped into the bedroom she and Myth occupied. He had not come to bed for quite some time yesterday and she was certain he was strategizing about what he would need to do to aid his future wife and daughter. As laid there for a while watching him sleep. He was so peaceful looking when he slept and she found more solace than he would ever know as she watched his peaceful slumber.

Finally she eased her frame out of the bed so she wouldn’t disturb him and walked to the balcony that over looked the still dark lands of her childhood home. Rayann lost track of the countless mornings and evenings she would do this same thing, watching the sun rise or set, depending on what side of the castle she was on.

As the sun began to peek over he hills, she sighed softly and prepared herself for the day ahead. There was a sense of calm about her that had been missing the day before. Perhaps it was the fact she now knew how the family worked together. Perhaps it was just the fact she was home again, even though there was still a difficult trial ahead of them. Perhaps it was something else entirely. What ever the reason, Rayann knew that while this would be a difficult challenge, there was nothing they couldn’t conquer as long as they were with each other.

Choosing her normal attire of a soft tunic, soft leggings, the soft boots she always wore, Rayann took her time getting dressed. She had just slipped her leggings on when she heard Myth’s voice behind her.

“I see you are preparing for the day ahead, mel’amin.”

Smiling, she nodded as she felt him walk behind her and rest his hands on her shoulders then kiss the top of her head. Covering his hands with hers, she closed her eyes and allowed herself to feel the love he held for her and nodded.

~Yes. No need in waiting for the inevitable. Best to rise and meet the challenge head on so that way it’s behind us at the end of the day instead of staring us in the face.~

Myth’s smile increased and she turned to face him. Looking up at him she let her gaze settle on his as she reached up and toyed with the hair that fell over his shoulders. Rising up on her toes, she closed her eyes and pressed her forehead to his for a moment. Reluctantly pulling away, she settled back down to the flats of her feet.

“I am beginning to think I am rubbing off on you”

Rayann smiled even more.

~And that is a bad thing how?~

Myth shook his head knowing there could be many arguments as to how that was bad but he knew she would only find an argument to everything he pointed out. Stepping away from her, he went about his own preparation for the day. As Rayann watched the warrior she loved with all her heart prepare for the day ahead, she felt her daughter and knew Kali had awakened. The emotions she felt from the girl was almost overwhelming and she took several deep breaths to calm herself and give Kali a sense of calm as well.

Hearing the dragon’s roar echo across the valley and feeling the castle shake, she knew why Kali’s emotions were so strong. Glancing out the window she saw the shining, silver scales of a dragon flying away and the missive from Nol. Glancing at Myth, who also felt their daughter’s emotions, they exchanged a knowing look with each other just as Kali’s voice came to them.

When Myth was done, he waited for Rayann to clasp her red robes at the base of her throat before walking with her from the bedroom. Today would be the day the Tower of Kells became hers. And with that, became Kali and Myth’s as well. Taking a deep breath, she knew Rorie would not make this easy and she knew he would most likely do things she would never knew he was capable of but Rayann also knew the Rorie she knew as a child was no longer there. Now there was only a bitter, hateful man full of vengeance for something she didn’t mean to happen.

Sending a missive to both Kali and Myth, she nodded.

~Today, a new era will begin for Glen Durel and the Tower of Kells~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 pm

6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 KaliRed

Kali walked down into the greeting hall that was the main room as one entered the castle of Glen Durel. She stood in the silence and closed her eyes, feeling the room. Her grandfather and grandmother, two of the most powerful human magus to ever walk the face of Krynn used this as their home. She listened to the silence, trying to imagine the voices of her ancestors as they walked and talked in this large room. What were they like? Did they always speak kindly or was their harsh words, did they love each other or was it a marriage of convenience? She struggled but settled on the positive possibilities, she tried to remind herself that her mother was the product of these two, but then she remembered that Rorie was too. Her mind reeled at the thought of choosing our own destiny, but how our circumstances can alter those choices.

She let her mind go free; this was the moment of truth, the time she too would have to make a choice. Her path was steered for her since she was only a few months old; her uncle had stolen her ability to make her first real choices. He had set her on a dark path of anger and hatred. He had taught her to avoid compassion and mercy, to kill as the whim possessed you and to seek revenge above all things. He had lied and told her that Rayann was the murderer, not the victim. She opened her eyes and stared at the door which she knew lead to the underground passage that would bring her to the Tower of Kells. She inhaled deeply, feeling the magic around her and processing the new decisions she would soon be making. Neutrality was the motive, but at what cost would neutrality be purchased? Would she die today? Would her Mother or Father? It was easy to say ‘no’, for if Rayann or Myth’alas died then she would never be, but she was the product of a warped timeline… so in a way if she died, she would be reborn.

She stared at the door intently, seeking the center of the scenario. What if neutrality could only be achieved by her death? Could there be two Kali’s? If she lived while her own self lived, would that cause imbalance in the magic around them. She knew she was a talented mage; few had accomplished in their whole life what she had done as a very young woman. She had so much life still to live, and her path seemed so clouded to her, perhaps this was because her path ended here, today, after they retook the tower. Perhaps it was because she wasn’t supposed to focus on anything more than right now. Her breathing slowed and she focused. Nothing mattered but neutrality, only balance in the magic of Krynn was important, and the stakes were too high.

She stared at the door, her mother and father were coming down the stairs behind her, she could hear them as they made their way to the main level. She focused and gently closed her mind to her parents for the briefest of moments, she settled her thoughts, preparing to face the possibility of death, but this time, it was harder. She had always known death was a possibility whenever she went into battle, but this time, she had love in her life. She could feel the love of her parents, even as they approached she could feel their thoughts and how they centered on her. She felt Nol, circling high above Kells, waiting for her as he promised he would. She felt a solitary tear roll down her cheek as she opened her eyes and stared at the door, for the first time she faced death, but hoped it would not come to her, for the first time she was about to face her adversary with the intent to live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6: Shadows Creep
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3