Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

6: Shadows Creep

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

6: Shadows Creep Empty
PostSubject: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:21 pm

6: Shadows Creep KaliRed

6: Shadows Creep NolBanner

Kali woke, blinking her eyes and staring around her room. Nol was perched in the window, looking out over the city and dressed in fine battle armor. The plates shimmered like his silver scales and he turned his head to look at her as she roused. “Well good morning sleepy, good to see you.” She smiled lovingly and looked around, her clothing was hanging on its hooks and her robes by her bedside. She checked subtly and she was wearing clothes, and her cheeks went flush. “I just arrived five minutes ago.” He smiled as he read her mind and she flumped her head back onto the pillow, giggling.

“Your parents are rousing, I can hear them. Today is a big day.” She looked at him and spoke, “Nol, nobody is asking you to come to Glen Durel, we…” He turned and walked to her bedside, the twin swords, one dripping fire, the other ice, shimmered on his hips and he knelt down looking Kali dead in the eyes. “Nobody needs to ask, it is a matter of being where I am supposed to be, which is by your side.” She looked at him curiously and then smiled as she blushed, she could see it in his eyes, he loved her as she loved him, and she reached up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him close. “Thank you.”

He brought his hands up and embraced her around her shoulder, hugging her tightly. “This matter at Glen Durel is no small task, and as formidable as the three of you are you will need my help, especially if you and your mother expend yourselves.” She nodded knowingly and climbed out of bed. She disappeared into the washing room and cleaned herself up, changing into her underclothing and came back out, slipping her robes on and inhaling deeply the sweet smell of reagents and spices, the elements of her magic.

She reached out and touched Nol on the forearm, the silver dragons on his gauntlets almost seeming to move with a life their own. She looked into his eyes and smiled, and the transported instantly to the top most level of the tower where the kitchen was. The breakfast which again had mysteriously appeared smelled absolutely delicious and she sat, eating to get energy, energy she knew she was going to need today. Nol sat across from her and ate some of the meats that had been laid out, and they stayed silent. As Kali finished she instinctually removed her spell book and restudied the spells in her mind, rememorizing the incantations and mentally calming herself.

She heard her parents and looked up, smiling. “Mother, Father…. It seems we will be four for the invasion instead of three.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

6: Shadows Creep RayannRed

Rayann had lain awake for a good while after everyone had gone to bed. Myth’s steady breathing next to her was more comfort than he could ever know and even as she curled next to him in the protective yet gentle embrace he held her in, she couldn’t help but worry. The first true test of their will and stamina was not going to be an easy task in the least. And what if something happened to Kali? Or Myth? What would she do then? She would have to continue on, that’s what she would do.

It had been the wee hours of the morning when sleep finally came and it was only after she had prayed long and hard to Lunitari and the other three gods of Krynn she was given the peace she needed to sleep. Still, when the morning sun shone through the window of her room bathing her in its warm glow it was too soon as far as she was concerned. Myth had already gotten up so when Rayann awoke she forced herself out of the bed and prepared for the day ahead.

By the time she was dressed her hair was still damp and her spirits were much higher. What ever was going to happen she would deal with. She had to put her faith in Lunitari and the other Gods of Krynn and know they would do all they could to help and protect their chosen ones. Myth had finished his meditations and moves and joined her just before they went to get some breakfast.

When they walked in to see Kali and Nol sitting at the table, Rayann saw the color in her daughter’s cheeks and the way Nol was looking at her. She still wasn’t used to the fact her daughter was quite mature enough to live her own life so this revelation was quite unexpected. Rayann wasn’t sure when she would really expect it, but now wasn’t the time. When Kali looked up, Rayann felt her own cheeks flush with color and she quickly smiled to hopefully hide her knowledge.

When Kali made the announcement that Nol would be joining them, Rayann blinked and looked over at the silver haired dragon in his humanoid form and noted the way he was dressed. Glancing back at Kalli then to Myth, she looked at Nol then and smiled, nodding.

~Well….this IS most unexpected. But very welcome news. I won’t lie. I was worried we were going to have our hands full. We still will but to know there will be another there with us makes the odds a little less stacked against us. And we would be glad to have you join us, Nol. It seems Lunitari has found a way to calm my worries after all.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Kali felt her mother’s emotions, and she wasn’t sure what she was feeling. She felt her mother close up immediately and saw her cheeks go flush. Looking to Nol and then back to her mother she shoke her head gently in a ‘no’, trying to say that there was nothing more than feelings shared at this point. It was odd, she had spent her whole life living independent of rules and parenting, and yet she felt some obligation to set the record straight. It was a weird feeling, and one she actually smiled at. Technically she was almost 90 years older than her mother, it was a perplexing mind melt that she was still trying to wrap herself around.

Kali looked at her mother and spoke in missive to her, ~ ‘Today will be nothing short of daunting Mother, but I am excited to test ourselves in battle and find if we have any weaknesses to work on.’ ~ Kali turned and began to nibble on some more food, smiling and laughing with Nol. It would be amazingly clear to Myth and Rayann that she was truly raised as a warrior, a battle mage to the nth degree. Myth and Rayann would feel the absolute calm she was feeling, the clarity and the willingness to stride into the thick of the battle and do what she needed to do. Weaknesses often ended in death rather than a lesson to be learned, and Kali didn’t seem to have any of those sorts of thoughts, it was a mission, a thing that needed doing, and she was giving off no emotion except those necessary to laugh and live in this very moment, with her Mother and Father, and her new friend.

She offered Rayann some honey tea and fresh fruit as well as some breads, seeded with flax and peppercorn. ~ ‘I used to eat this before going into a situation, the flax oil is a nice energy booster and the peppercorns, well they just taste really good.’ ~ She smiled and slid the dish in front of her mother, noting the expression on Rayann’s face and feeling the ‘motherly’ feelings she was starting to get used to feeling from her mom. ~ ‘Mother, worry not, today is a test in our lives, the outcome, no matter how severe, serves the greater goal.’ ~ She smiled and sipped her tea, turning to Myth and standing as she hugged him. Her voice entered his mind and, ~ ‘I worry about mom, I can feel her tension and unease. Promise that you will protect her thoroughly, we will need each other to enter the tower, and if she loses focus I might not be able to face the challenge alone. I know of the magic Rorie was beginning to delve into, and it is not a fairy tale force.’ ~

She smiled and pulled back from Myth, and then turned to the group, “Well, I don’t know about you three, but I am ready to return an ancestral estate to its rightful owners!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:47 pm

It was odd. Rayann had never known anyone to be so calm knowing what lay ahead of them. Especially something so serious as to face a force hell bent on destroying them. But, unlike Rayann, Kali was trained to fight. Rayann’s mission had always been to preserve life. All Rayann could do was pray the opposite ends of their training came together in such a way as to defeat what forces they were going up against.

As she looked down at the food Rayann didn’t really feel like eating but she knew Kali was right. And what her daughter had chosen for her was indeed what she needed. Without even thinking, Rayann nibbled on the food as she looked at Nol once more.

He was certainly a sight to behold. He looked every bit the ready and willing warrior instead of the dragon she knew him to be. A smile eased over her features then as she remembered something that was said to her. She couldn’t even remember now if it was a dream or something else. ‘What ever the need, the Goddess will provide’.

Looking over at Kali, Nol and Myth, Rayann found comfort in this and knew everything would be as it was supposed to be. When she finished her breakfast and Kali stood up eager to get to Glen Durel, Rayann stood up as well and nodded then looked at Myth.

~Well….no need in waiting any longer than we should. Like Kali said, let’s return Glen Durel back to it’s rightful owner.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm

6: Shadows Creep CeriBanner

Ceridwyn sat in the silence and simply allowed the quiet to seep into both of their bones. He needed physical rest, she needed mental. She almost seemed to ooze this fact as she slumped back in her chair across from Aeolis. After a very long period of silence she leveled her gaze on his again.

“I want to believe this change in you is real Aeolis. I more than anyone know that you were being influenced beyond your control, however I have always known you as the spoiled brat of a wealthy family. I can only hope and pray that you are being sincere and level with me. I don’t sense any deceit in your words…, or your eyes.” She sipped her tea and continued to stare at him with her dark, chestnut eyes. The dancing lamp light was entrancing as it flicked the shadows off his face and she could not help but smile slightly as she watched the dance. “You realize of course this journey starts with just the two of us, and the first thing we need to do is go talk to the humans. The Elves are in an uproar right now, the Speaker of the Stars and the Speaker of the Suns are talking for the first time in 700 years. So far the talks are cordial, but change is coming for the Sylvanesti, the cogs are greased and the machine is already in motion to bridge the gap, however the Speakers are both stubborn, traditional men and unfortunately the odds are stacked against them. We can’t be involved however, our path lies along another route, one that will rally what troops we can, troops that are threatened beyond their own understanding. We must go speak to the remnants of the Knights of Solamnia, they are the ones we can rely on to rally the humans, of course, we must wade through their politics which run even thicker of those of the Elves.”

Aeolis would know exactly what she meant. The Knights of Solamnia, once the proud protectors were plagued with in fighting and bitter back biting as factions warred from within grasping at what little power remained for them. The three houses all had their own issues but the Knights of the Rose, the ruling generals of the Knights was the place that the major politics resided, and unfortunately those men were as hard as iron nails, their minds as closed as an Ogre’s fist.

“I suggest we get going. You might imagine you are not very popular right now around here, and if we are going to walk this road together the sooner the first steps are taken, the more time we give ourselves.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:53 am

6: Shadows Creep Mythban2

Myth enjoyed the evenings festivities but kept his wits about him. They had a daunting task the next day and he did not wish to overdo things. He wasn't necessarily happy with having such a celebration the night before a major battle, but he relented for the sake of Rayann and Kali. The smiles upon their faces had convinced him to relent this one time.

Morning came all to early and Myth found himself rising just before the sun came up. His emerald eyes lingered upon Rayann before he dressed for his morning rituals. With blade in hand he left the room stopping at a table he noted a small box. Looking inside he smiled happy that his request had been followed up on. Taking the box with him Myth traveled once more to the peaceful garden.

Today's meditations were much different. This day would see combat and thus Myth's preparations were centered more around the forthcoming fight. Sitting in his meditative position Myth placed the blade in his lap unsheathed as he always did. Without a word he placed the box on the ground before him removing the contents. A small silver vile and a pristine white cloth. The contents of the vial was a blessed liquid from Silvanost used to bless one's weapon and one's self.

Myth muttered a litany under his breath as he applied the liquid to Blue Moon with the cloth. He could not recall the last time that he had properly blessed the Blue Moon or any of his weapons for that matter. Truly service to the queen had dulled his devotions to the warrior's art. While this caused him some degree of heart ache with each pass of the cloth along the blade the pain lessened. He gave thanks to the gods for sending him a light to right his path. The application of the liquid and the litany would constitute the bulk of Myth's meditations for the morning. He returned in time to find Rayann awake and preparing to head to breakfast. He said nothing simply placing a kiss upon her forehead before he set about the task of getting his things together.

When they greeted Nol and Kali the body language of the two told Myth a great deal about how things were progressing. While Nol was dressed from head to toe in shining plate Myth was geared for mobility and speed. The only real plated armor on Myth were his gauntlets and greeves. The remainder was a combination of hardened leather and a high quality elven chain. all had been treated in a manner to subdue the coloring. It was Myth's assassin armor he had worn into countless battles. Even in a large scale open conflict Myth felt it served him well by making it possible for him to not be were his enemies blade or spell was going.

Much like Kali Myth's emotions remained in check and he seemed to give little thought to the battle ahead. For now he was focused on the moment but both his daughter and Rayann would feel the inner calm that had settled over him. This was Rayann's first trip into a real fight with Myth and this was a feeling she would not have felt from him before. It was the calm before the storm that only a truly seasoned warrior could attain. Everything about Myth was at complete ease and even his mind was a blank slate. This was a fight that relied on reacting to the moment and as such Myth's normally strategic mind was devoid of the usual planning.

He sat quietly eating breakfast with his family and Nol. When Kali stood to hug him Myth could only stand as well and return the embrace. When his daughter spoke of her worries he gave her a knowing nod before responding to her mind "You ask of me to do something I am already prepared to do. Nol and I are the shields and you and your mother the swords. Our role in this battle is quite clear.... but I promise that I will do my best Kali."

He offered Kali a smile before his emerald eyes shifted to Nol. It was the first time that morning that Myth had focused his gaze directly on the silver dragon and Myth only nodded to the other warrior. The meaning of that nod would be clear as crystal to Nol. Kali's life was int he dragon's claws and Myth was placing a large amount of trust in Nol to defend that life. While Myth was new to being a father certain actions seemed to come to him naturally. He let himself be at peace as he stood ready with his wife and daughter.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 am

6: Shadows Creep Maleelf

Aeolis knew Ceridwyn wouldn’t be easy to convince. Even he was surprised at this turn of events that changed the way he looked upon the other races of Krynn. So her skepticism was well placed and he didn’t mind in the least she questioned him on everything. It was only fitting.

”Many times I found myself wondering how Tanjee could so easily accept others without any sense of prejudice in her heart. I scoffed and thought she was the weaker one. Little did I know. If I had looked in the mirror more often I would have seen the truth. I thought I was due some entitlement because of my family’s stature.”

He gave a small smile and glanced away before looking back at her.

”I wish I had spent more time around you when I was younger, Ceridwyn. Perhaps all of this could have been avoided.”

He seemed to dismiss that notion with a slight shake of his head. Taking a deep breath, he nodded to her suggestion they needed to leave Silvanost and seek out the Knights of Solamnia.

”Give me a moment to gather some things for light travel and I will be ready to go.”

As he stood, Aeolis looked to where his staff had once rested. There was a look of sadness in his eyes that his beloved weapon had been sacrificed by the forces that kept him prisoner within himself. Turning, he excused himself from Ceridwyn’s immediate area and walked back to where his bedroom was located. He changed into more traditional Elven clothing for moving through the forest, all shades of brown and green, and slipped on the soft boots he hadn’t worn in ages. Flexing his ankle, he smiled at seeing how well they still fit and felt. Next he packed a small rucksack then draped his bow crossways over his torso, latched his quiver of arrows on his hip and secured his short sword to his opposite hip and dagger in the shaft of his boots.

As he walked back out to where Ceridwyn was, the hood to his tunic was pulled up over his head all but obscuring his face in the shadows within. The dark circles were still visible around his green eyes but there was a sparkle in the depths of his eyes that hadn’t been there in many years. With a slight bow, he looked to the mage.

”After you, templa er (magic one).”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:28 am

6: Shadows Creep CeriBanner

Ceridwyn waited and finished her tea. As Aeolis reappeared with a sparkle in his eye she could not help but smile slightly. Standing up she looked up at him and her smile never faded as she responded, “Very well myl oli (strong one).”

She turned and walked to the door, placing a slender hand on the ornate knob. She turned and looked over her shoulder at Aeolis. Her voice was soft yet full of conviction, “There is no turning back, and we are surely walking into a quagmire, but two strengthen each other. Let us pray this journey doesn’t end in disaster but brings the light back to our world.”

The door latch clicked as she twisted the knob and she pulled the door open, walking out into the shaded sunlight created by the thick canopy over Silvanost. She walked along the street and nodded in a friendly manner to all she passed. Aeolis might notice that nobody engaged him, not even if he happened to look up at them. Even the gate guards nodded and saluted Ceridwyn but made no gesture towards him whatsoever. As they walked along the road the traffic of Elves thinned quickly and finally when they were several kilometers from Silvanost Ceridwyn stopped, turned to face Aeolis and removed her hood. She could see in his eyes the confusion as to why nobody addressed him. She smiled softly and lifted her hand, “Restelus frons bracken”, the cloaking spell dropped, a spell that Aeolis was probably never even aware existed and she patted him gently on the shoulder. “It was a precaution, though you have been cleared of the charges Elves can be very long winded in their refusal to let go.”

She walked alongside him, heading east along the road to Solamnia. The cloak gone from him now she spoke, “Aeolis, tell me about yourself. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a few steps. As this is a literal journey it is also a journey of kin, two who don’t know each other are forced to become acquainted.” She looked up at him, “I don’t mean that in a negative way, forced is maybe a harsh word… destiny brings us to the same path, we are kin on a journey of discovery and the best way to discover something is to seek it out, so tell me about yourself, I admit what I know of you is more observation than interaction. Tell me about you, who is Aeolis?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 am

6: Shadows Creep Maleelf

As Aeolis walked along with Ceridwyn he thought it odd no one tried to stop him and accuse him of the crime he’d been absolved of. He was prepared for the railing he was sure to receive from anyone and even more so the looks of distain but when they never came, he was totally perplexed. When they were clear and Ceridwyn revealed her spell, Aeolis glanced behind him then before him then down at the petite mage.

”My thanks for the forethought. I was sure we would never make it out of the city for at least another hour.”

As they walked, Aeolis’ senses took over and Ceridwyn would notice his eyes looking not only down the path ahead of them but in all directions. Even an occasional glance behind him. The other thing Ceridwyn would notice was the fact his foot falls were very quiet. In fact, it was difficult to hear them, even with her acute hearing. Here is where he was m ore at home and the more they walked into the forest, the more it began to show.

When she asked him who he was he glanced down at her and quirked a brow then let his gaze move all around once more. A slow smile eased over his features and when she asked her last question, he never took his eyes away from his task. His voice had grown softer as well but he knew she would be able to hear him loud and clear.

”An ass.”

When she snapped her head up to look at him with a look of disapproval on her beautiful face, his smile grew even more.

”Or at least I used to be anyway. I believe the jury is still out on rather or not I still am.”

He took a deep breath and the smile slowly eased away from his face.

”I am not sure who I am, or was, Ceridwyn. I was driven by the need to be perfect at what ever it was I was doing. Competition is something I seem to crave even if it is with myself. There is no room for error and second best is first place in losing. It was the same way when I was growing up with Prince Myth’Alas before he left to seek out a life of his own. I do not need praise for anything I do but I will not be happy if I know I did not give my best. Unfortunately, my need for competition caused my arrogance to grow as I saw the achievements I made. And I know the men who served under me are very glad to know they will not be subjected to my ridicule.”

He paused a moment as he moved past some thick growth on the path.

”I became a bitter man after my father was killed. I thought there could have been more done for him but looking back with a clear mind and heart, I know he was too far gone when the healers arrived. And then to watch my mother more or less die of a broken heart crushed me even more. But it was the way I saw mother’s wilting affect Tanjee that made me the angriest. Tanjee feels as though she is not good enough with the gift the Goddess has blessed her with but I am proof she is…and then some.”

He glanced down at the petite mage and the smile eased back onto his features again.

”I do hope I am not boring you with the details of my oh so adventurous life.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 am

Nol watched the family interactions, he could not help but smile as he saw what was happening and as Myth turned to look at him his face became more serious than Myth had yet to see it. It was obvious that he completely understood Myth’s gesture and he spoke to Myth’s mind so the ladies couldn’t hear. ~ ‘I pledge my life to protect your daughter, your wife and yourself. I am not light hearted in the manners of my vows, and I swear that for as much as I am able, I will protect.’ ~ He nodded very slightly as he finished his statement and Myth would see in the dragons eyes that there was nothing but purity in his intentions. Dragons were among the noblest creatures on all of Krynn and their words were never to be taken lightly. Nol walked over to Myth and stood shoulder to shoulder with him as they both watched Kali and Rayann. Now that he was closer to Myth it would be obvious that his plate was not made of steel or iron but pure mithril, as light and flexible as leather, and as hard as the dragon scales of his native form.

Kali turned and looked at her Mother and nodded gently. She then glanced to her father and smiled as he said his words regarding Rayann and herself. ~ ‘May you the shield not break, and may the sword of magic be sharp this day!’~ She smiled as she looked directly at her father, she could feel his warrior’s heart beating gently in her chest. She could in turn feel her heart, almost perfectly in synch, they were more than father and daughter, they were warriors, raised with a code that preceded all life on Krynn, a mentality that faced war in way only a few could. She turned and looked at her mother; she smiled and spoke to her mind, ~’May the goddess bless us.’~

“ORTALISH BRONE SILISGRATIOUS!” She waved her hand in a wide arc and a portal opened, the main greeting room of Glen Durel came into view on the other side and she turned to the group.

Nol’s swords came unsheathed and the streaks of fire and ice criss-crossed creating a purple blur before his body. The swords hummed with an ancient power that only Myth would distinguish as more than metal removed from a sheath. Myth would hear the mithril ring, the elegant sound of the purest of metals, honed to razor sharp perfection. He turned and looked at Myth as he spoke to his mind, “Shadow Wraiths”. He disappeared through the portal and then Myth would see it, several dozen shadow wraiths, twisted and clawed, dripping with venom from their teeth and claws. The ladies hadn’t seen them yet, Nol had put some sort of charm on Myth, something that allowed the Elf to see through the invisibility and distinguish what lingered beyond. Kali had not seen them and was beginning to step through the portal…
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

The moment of truth was upon them. As Rayann heard Kali’s words, she glanced at Nol and Myth standing shoulder to shoulder then to Kali once more. All of her anxiety dissipated. It was the way she always was. Her worries compounded and then, when the moment arrived, there was nothing but the task at hand and it was clear her concentration would be focused on what had to be done and not the possible outcome. There was only right here, right now. Giving Myth and Kali a loving smile, she looked to the portal Kali had created and took a deep, cleansing breath letting it our slowly.

Rayann looked through the portal and could sense something was already amiss within her childhood home. There was no doubt precautions had been taken on the idea she would return one day after her and Kali departed. No doubt her own brother was going to make sure he left her a welcoming committee for when that day arrived.

Her eyes began to glow a soft pinkish-purple color as she followed Kali through the portal. It was eerily chilled and she could smell a rancid odor in the air, lingering about as she stepped from the tower on the Myst Isle into the room Kali had ported them into. She may not be a battle mage, but Rayann was not a push over either. Her and Kali’s red robes seemed to illuminate the room as they stepped through.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:26 am

The second Kali stepped through she felt unease, and then as her mother stepped into the room behind her she could feel her mother’s senses immediately go into overdrive as well. She looked quickly, Nol was nowhere to be seen. She quirked a brow and turned, looking over her shoulder at Rayann and whispered… “Where is….” A flash of red and blue arced through the air and Nol stood before them. There was a screeching sound and Nol stood in a ready stance, glancing left and right. He spoke to the minds of the ladies, ~ ‘Shadow Wraiths. I have given Myth keen sight, but I can only do it to one person at a time. He needs to be able to see beyond so he can strike at them.’~ Like a flash the red blade arced and stabbed, a screeching sound echoed through the room though it appeared to Kali and Rayann as if he had simply struck the invisible. Kali turned and looked at her mother with a frown.

~ ‘Apparently my ability to sense evil is no longer innate, too bad, it would have come in handy right now.’~ She looked around as Nol moved towards the stairs that lead up to the next floor, He almost seemed to blink from one spot to the other rather than walk or run. It was like watching a firefly dance and Kali wished she could concentrate long enough to take in the technique. She backed up slightly and felt the shoulder of her mother behind her. She whispered, “Any ideas?”

It would be clear to Rayann that Kali was used to simply being able to detect when evil was nearby, surly it would have been something she could do while in service of the Dark Queen. Rayann would feel the calm in Kali, there was no anxiety or fear, just calculation.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am

Shadow Wraiths were evil, vicious creatures and when Rayann heard Nol inform her and Kali that was what they were dealing with, she knew they would be like a swarm of angry ants. As Nol jabbed forward and the screeching filled the air, Rayann knew what the rancid odor she was smelling. That venom that dripped from their fangs and claws had a distinct smell and something that smelled THAT bad was even worse if that venom got into your system.

As Kali backed into her and asked if she had any ideas, Rayann nodded and planted her feet shoulder width apart to make sure she kept her center of balance.

~What’s the one thing shadows dislike most? When I cast the spell, watch for the darting dark blobs.~

Kali would feel the pull of the magical current around her telling her Rayann was gathering the magic she needed to cast her spell. Rayann’s right hand shot up and instantly the area was illuminated in an intense bright light.

The area was filled once more with that loud screeching noise that penetrated right to the core. It was so shrill it could have easily caused their ear drums to rupture but Rayann and Kali were so focused on the fight now at hand, it didn’t bother them in the least. Already Kali would feel the constant draw on the magic as Rayann began to fire bolts of light at the darting Shadow Wraiths.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 am

As a warrior and an assassin Myth had gained many names over the years. The silent wind, the Queen's wraith, The Myth. This was a day to prove that all were notworthy in their accuracy. The sound of drawn blades rang in Myth's ears and he spared almost no glance. Rayann and Kali had been standing before him but when his eyes focused on the enemy thanks to Nol Myth moved into action following his family through.

Rayann and Kali would feel something akin to a light breeze as Myth dashed in between them when they emerged on the other side. A wisp of his mane was seen as he began to engage his enemies. Myth's blade drew clean from its sheath the runes along the length glowed brightly as Myth brought Blue Moon to bare an his first target. There was a purpose behind Myth's movements and while Nol stopped a moment to explain things to Rayann and Kali Myth kept moving with deadly persicion. The screams of the wraith's continued to echo as Myth only seemed to be visible in the moment he chose to swing his blade.

His mind was focusing three steps ahead of his every movement. Not a single swing came from his blade that was not calculated. While wraith's were not opponents he could read they were easily predictable. His strategy began to realign itself as light filled the area a smile upon his lips Myth seized the moment of the wraith's distractions by Rayann's light to press his attack further.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Kali felt the magic pull and as the light penetrated the room she clasped her hands over her ears to drown out the screams. She too began to pull magic towards her, the pull was so intense it would actually cause Rayann to gasp; Kali possessed an unnatural ability to draw power to herself very quickly. She hissed the words of magic and an explosion of light erupted from her body, flowing in a perfect circle tearing every shadow wraith within thirty meters cleanly in half. She exhaled sharply as Rayann and Myth would feel the drag that spell had on Kali’s body. Kali spoke to her parent’s minds, ~ ‘We should be clear to the stairs, follow Nol.’ ~ She wasn’t sure exactly why she had the urge to follow Nol, but he was going up the stairs and for some reason that was where she thought they should go. Rayann and Myth would feel the battle commander in Kali coming out, but there was a great deal of recklessness too, Kali’s mind was going mile a minute and it was becoming clear to her parents already that patience was not one of her virtues. Her youth and inexperience were manifesting themselves and It would be pretty obvious she was moving based on controlled training more than experience, hit and move, hit and move, there was no time for calculation or planning, there was just react and go forward.

Kali moved swiftly to the base of the stairs and looked to see Nol disappearing around the corner of the center landing that lead upstairs. She heard the scream of two more wraiths above and turned to her mother, Kali’s eyes swirling like a tempest. ~ ‘Come Mother.’~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Clenching her jaw to keep from screaming as the Wraiths screeching grew almost unbearable, Rayann whirled around when she felt Kali move away from her. While she knew Kali was quite accustomed to casting in these types of situations, she also knew the forces Kali was up against now were not there to aid her but to destroy her.

~Kali! Wait!~

It was too late. Kali was already bounding up the stairs following Nol. Rayann’s motherly instincts kicked in and she blinked from where she was to a few steps ahead of Kali and just in time. Two Wraiths attacked simultaneously and without even thinking, Rayann cast a spell that sent not only light but a shock wave of sound in a sprayed pattern. Again the screeches of the Wraiths echoed within the place and this time Rayann clamped her hands over her ears. As Kali approached, she glanced at her daughter.

~We need to make sure the way is clear ahead of us but also make sure we aren’t being attacked from behind. Go…quickly…~

As Kali passed her by, Rayann cast one final spell in the area they were leaving. Again the pull of magic was felt and the screeching sounds of the Shadow Wraiths behind them died as her Banish Evil spell sent them away. That didn’t mean there wouldn’t be more to come to take their place, but for now, she had eliminated the threat for now.

As she quickly moved to catch up with Kali she could feel the drain on her daughter already and as she caught up with Kali she reached out and took the girls hand. Kali would feel a surge course through her but before she could say anything, Rayann pulled up short and let go of Kali’s hand as she threw her hands before her and quickly looked away. Kali would see her mother’s hair move as a sudden breeze drifted by her. The bell like sleeve to Rayann’s robes suddenly had rips in the material near the cuff where the clawed hand of a Wraith barely missed striking her. In the same instant Kali would feel the pull of magic as her mother cast another spell that caused the regents she suddenly had in her hand to explode in sparkling light as it seemed to drench the Wraith, who also exploded in a puff of smoke.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:09 pm

The path was clear and the dragon was moving onward up the stairs of the tower. Myth was sheathing his blade as he concentrated on the thoughts of his daughter and future wife. While seasoned in the art of battle the inexperience she was disp-laying made him shake his head slightly. It was all he could expect of the upbringing that she had. Full mages did little to instill the proper concepts of strategy. The fact Kali's mind was thinking as fast and in so many ways was promising but at the same time she was extremely unfocused.

In a blur of motion and hair Myth was on the steps ahead of the two searching out for more of the downed wraith's friends. Satisfied there were none for the moment Myth turned with arms crossed looking down at Kali and Rayann. He kept the conversation in missive private to the three but he kept focus on Kali knowing she needed to hear this more than Rayann.

"Focus your mind Kali... your thoughts are spread to thin in to many random directions. It delutes your ability to plan ahead properly. Chargin ahead nearly met an opponent you could not see." he motioned to Rayann's armsleeve. "

I admire your drive to move forward but you need to look beyond the next step. A warrior's greatest weapon is their mind. I may be a warrior of flesh and blood but you are a warrior of magic and thus your mind can be all the deadlier. Focus and look beyond..."

Turning on his heel Myth ascended to join Nol leaving Rayann and Kali. His connection with Kali was still open and she could see he had was already thinking farther ahead than the brief moment of offering advice. He was plotting a dozen different scenarios easily as if it was second nature such was his level of experience. There was also a vision a hope rooted deep in his thoguhts that she would be able to do that herself because he saw a great deal of his own mind's working in her.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Her mother was in front of her in a flash and she brought up her hands to cast. She was so focused on the battle anything that moved was a target. She did recognize Rayann and dropped her hands, but Rayann and Myth would begin to sense a blood lust that was beginning to grow in Kali. She was thriving on the moment, embracing the danger and there was almost a sensation of joy that was pulsing from her with each step into the unknown. As Rayann spoke to her mind she furrowed her brow slightly, but nodded in agreement for the moment.

She felt her mother’s hand and looked curiously, wondering what Rayann was doing, and then felt the rush of wind as Rayann’s robe shredded. The spell evaporated the wraiths and she looked up the stairs, then down towards her mother. As Myth came up beside them and spoke to her she felt at first frustration, but then she calmed and listened. She nodded gently in an almost sad agreement and watched as he continued on.

Myth finished his ascent like a streak and she could feel as he went one way in the hall upstairs and Nol went the other. The two of them seemed to move with a natural connection, it was amazing to her that two warriors who had never met were working so close in synch. She turned and looked at Rayann, a wild look in her eyes as the pursuit of the enemy was gripping her and she smiled turning and dashing up the stairs.

She brought up her hands and a flash of light erupted from her hands, burning through two shadow wraiths, she spun and fired a second shot that sent two more behind her to their death. With each cast Rayann would feel her daughters’ heart beat increase, she was in control, but she was reveling in the heat of the fight. The sensation of the wraiths was dwindling, after ten minutes the sensation of their evil was subsiding and Kali looked at Rayann and Myth. Nol was gone around a corner, she could feel his presence but he was out of sight. Her face was flush with the joy of battle, and almost unnatural urge to press on, “It feels as though the wraiths have subsided, we should…”

The ground shoke violently and a thundering sound could be heard outside. Kali gripped her parents by the forearms before they could even think and the three of them were standing in the grassy emerald field on the west side of the castle, looking up a gentle slope. A massive Forest Ogre, standing a good thirty meters in height was stomping towards the castle; his battle club was a big as a tree. Several goblins were sitting on his shoulders in baskets attached to his chest armor and the instant the three appeared they began loosing their poisoned arrows. Behind the hill the sound of more creatures could be heard, but they couldn’t be seen yet.

Kali instantly brought up her hands and the arrows incinerated as they made contact, turning to harmless dust and hitting the ground. Kali spoke to her parent’s minds as she stepped in front of them, drawing magic to herself… ~ ‘Looks like the excitement has only just begun!’~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 pm

The worry Rayann had for Kali was growing with each moment. While she was glad her daughter was willing to meet this challenge, she worried her lust for the fight would somehow affect her ability to remain truly neutral and seek more battles in the future. Myth would feel this worry Rayann had before she quickly blocked this form both he and Kali. The last thing they needed right now was to grow distracted by her worries.

As the sensation of the wraiths began to lesson, Rayann reached up and wiped the slightest sheen of sweat from her brow. She hadn’t really expended a lot of energy with this battle but she felt uncommonly warm. Perhaps it was just the confine quarters of her ancestral home that was making her feel warm.

A the ground shook beneath them and the castle with it, Rayann instinctively reached out for Kali when she reached for her. When Kali blinked them to the grounds outside the castle, Rayann looked up and her eyes grew wide. As the goblins fired their arrows at them and Kali quickly worked at making sure they couldn’t hit them, Rayann cast a spell almost as quickly herself making sure she stepped to the side so Kali was not in her line of sight.

Around the Ogre’s ankles a rope of energy appeared and as soon as he took another step Rayann pulled back with her hands as though she were tightening a lasso. The Ogre’s feet were locked together and he began to tumble forward like a giant oak tree. The Goblins cried out in alarm as their huge partner fell forward.

At least now with the Ogre on the ground, Myth would have a little better chance at doing what he did best. What ever was coming over the knoll was yet to be seen but Rayann steeled herself for what ever it was. But she would have to say she was a little concerned by the amount of noise she heard preceeding what ever it was for it sounded like it was nothing short of a full army.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Kali saw the spell Rayann was casting and she followed up, firing a lightning bolt that smashed into the first goblin off the Ogre’s shoulders. In a burst of black, bloody mist the goblin disappeared. The other five hit the ground, hissing and charging towards the group. Like a flash of light, an arc of red and blue cut two of them down as Nol suddenly appeared, he looked to Myth and nodded, disappearing over the hill. (Calling for Myth) Myth moved forward with speed that made it seem he was gone and back again, three more goblins slumped over, carved into pieces. Nol dashed to the top of the hill and slid to a halt, he turned quickly and screamed at the group, “TWO MORE OGRES, COUPLE DOZEN DRACONIANS, AND GOBLIN ARCHERS!!” Black arrows started bouncing off his armor and he ducked, rolling down the hill a small ways. Kali screamed, “NOL!!!” and he nimbly returned to his feet. He laughed and shoke his head, “No need to fear,” and he shot off to the side. Myth would instantly see that he was moving to the outside to flank the small army coming over the hill and moved to coordinate his attack with Nol’s. Kali turned to Rayann and spoke in missive, ~ ‘Once when I was in a mission with Rorie…’~ and then it happened… a blinding burst of purple light erupted behind Kali and Rorie appeared, he drew a dagger dripping with green poison and grabbed Kali around the chest, pinning both arms to her side and holding the dagger millimeters from the young girls throat. A defensive shield sprung up around the two of them and Rayann would be able to tell that any attack would be deflected easily. The shield was obviously drawing from the ambient magic around them, laced with the divine, and Rayann would feel the perverted twist of energies as the divine magic was being torn and destroyed.

6: Shadows Creep RorieBlack

“Hello sister,” his voice was sly and cold, “so nice that we can have this little reunion at our ancestral estate. I have missed you Kali, how come you don’t come calling anymore?” Kali grit her teeth and looked at Rayann, grasping as hard as she could he looked down and squeezed all the harder, his large frame dominating her quickly. He looked up into Rayann’s eyes; his own blue orbs were twisted and swirling with a mixture of the beautiful blue, and an inky black. “Well, well, well… it looks like I get to steal away your child twice, only this time I won’t be playing nicely with her, this time she is going straight to the Queen and being tried for treason and defection. You hear that Niece? The Queen herself will be jury and judge over your trial, you should consider yourself lucky, she only does this under very special circumstances.”

He looked up at Rayann and smiled. She could feel the buildup of energy around him, it was not obvious what he was going to do, but his signature of magic is something she would recognize immediately.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm

As the flash happened behind them, Rayann instantly felt ill. Her nausea was nothing knew when this sort of magic was wielded but now it was even worse. As Rayann’s eyes bore into Rories, she concentrated on Kali instead of her own illness. Panic crept up on her and she wanted to scream and reach for Kali but that would serve no purpose other than getting Kali killed. Instead, she concentrated on Kali. The bond they now shared had grown strong in the time she and Kali had spent together and as her eyes glanced down at Kali then back to Rorie, Rayann filled Kali with visions of a spell she could cast without using her hands. Rayann’s spells were useless but Kali was inside the bubble with Rorie.

Rayann’s own hands clenched into tight fists at her side as she stood motionless and glared at Rorie. Finally she spoke to him in an effort to draw his attention to her and not to the girl in his grip.

”I never took you for a coward, Rorie. Hiding behind a child? That was something you would never have done. But I’m finding you’re full of surprises lately. I should have expected something like this out of you. Tell me something, Ro, how much did you have to promise the Dark Queen in order for her to spare your life? Did you have to grovel before her so she wouldn’t kill you instantly the moment you came back without my daughter?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Rorie sneered as she spoke to him and he responded, “Oh please dear sister, do you really think that all this was orchestrated just so I could hide behind a little girl? This is an extraction; we just need her back at the palace so she can face her accuser.” His smile twisted, “Of course, I wouldn’t expect the welcome to be as warm this time.”

He leveled his gaze on her, she would feel his calm, “I didn’t have to promise her anything, the Dark Queen is forgiving despite popular belief. She searches for loyalty as much as results. Seeing as the incident at Silvanost was my first blunder, and technically wasn’t my fault,” he squeezed Kali so hard she gasped and her eyes bulged slightly, “I was simply reassigned to bring this whelp back for corrective measures.” Kali grit her teeth and hissed at Rorie, “You are nothing but a coward Uncle, you lied to me!” Rorie laughed and spoke back to Kali in a calm voice, “You were a means to an end Kali, nothing more. Thanks to you and the opportunity to train you I am more powerful than I ever was I have been rewarded for my loyalty and given more magical power than I ever had. Technically all this is your mother’s fault, if she hadn’t taken our bond and confiscated it all for her selfish little self we could be sitting around a supper table chuckling over who gets to carve the roast beast… but as such, fate has brought us to this place.”

He looked back up at Rayann and as the magic continued to build he spoke with a sinister calm, “I guess it’s time to say good-bye dear sister, perhaps we will meet again sometime, when you are finished grieving over the loss of your daughter, I want you at full strength when I face you again so I know I beat you at your best. By the way, red really flatters you; maybe you should have switched allegiance sooner.”

Kali felt the missive from her mother and she sent a response, it wasn’t a word, but a feeling, one that would confirm she understood. Rayann would feel something rather strange however, the spell she suggested was being cast, silently, but the magic that Rorie was gathering was being shaped, almost as a potter shapes clay. It was bending away from its will and being changed into something different. Rorie looked up at Rayann, his voice suddenly cold and full of angst, “STOP IT! I can feel that you are countering my magic Rayann! I swear I will slash her throat in front of you, Tahkisis won’t care if I do the deed myself and just bring back a body!” The knife began to move dangerously close to Kali’s throat, so close the shadow almost made it appear as if the blade was pressed against Kali’s pale flesh. Kali looked up at her mother as she concentrated, her eyes full of determination and her teeth grit in a twisted gesture of concentration, Rayann would feel the buildup continuing despite Rorie’s threats, especially now that Kali was aware he thought Rayann was casting, not her.

“I SWEAR TO THE GODS RAYANN!! STOP COUNTERING MY MAGIC OR I WILL SLASH HER IN FRONT OF YOU!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Rayann didn’t move from where she stood.

”We’re here, right now, Rorie. There’s no need in putting off the inevitable. You want a confrontation, I’ll be more than glad to give you one. After all, it’s the least I can do after what you did to my daughter. And while red may suit me well, I have to say, black is not your color. Unless you’re in mourning. Which can easily be arranged. Would you like me to do that for you?”

As Kali let her mother know she understood, Rayann taunted Rorie even more wanting her brother to focus his entire attention on her and not Kali. And as he grew agitated, she knew it was working, especially when he screamed at her to stop countering his magic.

”You can’t. She’s as much a part of you as she is me. Blood is always thicker than water, Ro. You’re proof of that. I feel sorry for you. Really. You’re so absorbed in your own self pity that you look for anyone to blame other than yourself. Me. Kali. Myth. Who will it be if you kill all of us? Mama? Papa? You’ve already eliminated Nim’Sul so you can’t blame HIM for anything now. So I guess you need to find SOMEONE….”

Narrowing her eyes at her brother, Rayann lowered her voice so he would have to strain to hear her.

”You’re pathetic…”

She could tell Kali was ready now and she prayed to Lunitari Kali would come through unscathed knowing the Goddess would provide whatever was needed.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Rorie looked up at Rayann as she made her statements, and he merely smiled, “You are the only one to blame Rayann, you are the one who stole the magic that we shared. I hope you have enjoyed the cost.” He looked down at the top of Kali’s head below his bearded chin, the dagger held steady at her throat. His gaze moved back to Rayann and spoke calmly, “I think I will just bring back the body, it will be so much more satisfying seeing the look on your face as your daughter’s life drains from her throat.”

The look on Kali’s face was of pure calm now, Rayann would feel the magic, countering Rorie’s own, the dark ambient magic had been woven into a perfect balance of harmony and perfection, Kali whispered sweetly, “Uncle?” Rorie raised a brow and looked down at the top of her head again, her beautiful honey blond hair shimmering under the purple light of the protection sphere, “Yes Kali?” Her voice was slightly raspy, but clear and full of a quiet gentleness, like a child thanking their parent for a sweet treat, “You lose.”

Rorie furrowed his brow in confusion and then the magic pulsed around him, the dagger evaporated in his hand and a blast of energy exploded between them, sending Rorie backwards into his own sphere and Kali forward. She hit the sphere with a wind knocking thud and slid to the ground as if she was in a glass sphere. She turned and Rorie was growling, gathering ambient magic and hissing ancient words of power, Kali brought her hands up and had her spell off before Rorie was even half way through his incantation. His eyes went wide as his concentration broke and the blast of dark magic, the magic she had once known so well hit him dead in the chest. He gasped as the light in his eyes went dull and he fell over to the ground. Kali coughed and fell to her knees, shaking with rage. She looked up at the black robed figure before her, face first against the ground and she then turned, looking over her shoulder at Rayann through the shimmering purple.

She stood and whispered magic words; the sphere broke and dissipated as she limped the distance between herself and her mother. She was pale and tired, tiny drops of blood that she had coughed up were on her pale lips. She croaked words to her mother, her voice was so weak she had to bring her mouth to Rayann’s ear, “Nol and Father… we need to help them.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:32 am

A clean gash appeared across the throat of the downed ogre before Myth came to a halt opposite of Nol looking over the hill at the oncoming enemy. The goblins and draconians were but a simple matter but the ogres represented a true problem when working in tandem with the other two groups. Taking out an ogre was as simple as just being faster hence the reason it's companions were troublesome. They were there to make a strike to the ogres tougher.

Kneeling Myth sheathed Blue Moon and reached to his belt for a rune covered satchel bringing it into view. A casual glance revealed nothing about the object but a closer inspection revealed it be a bag of holding. Reaching into the seemingly infinite depths Myth drew forth a finely crafted longbow. There was no missing the mastery of elven craftsmanship that now rested in Myth's hands. Myth caressed the object like a lost lover before standing.

Bringing the weapon up and turning it in the direction of the charging ogres Myth's other hand rose to position. It would appear to be a strange move considering Myth had no arrows upon his person nor was there a visible string on the bow itself. Yet as Myth reached to were an arrow would be notched the air shimmered as arcane energy gathered in his hand taking shape of a drawn arrow. What rested in Myth's hand was another famliy heirloom the bow Windfall the bow of the crown prince. Once belonging to his brother it had been passed to Myth. The arrows were the will of the user made manifest.

Myth could feel the bow tap the latent energies in his elven blood and he focused his mind on the lesson his daughter imparted upon him about the use of the ambient. Harmony was something that Myth was familiar with and it took only moments to find the proper application he needed for this. The energies of the arrow took on a multi-colored hue as Myth took aim at the first ogre that lumbered into view. As Myth loosed the ambient laced ephemeral arrow from Windfall the air around him heaved violently almost causing Myth to loose balance. He had not expected such a shock wave of energy and at that moment his attention was drawn away from the impact that occurred his eyes shifting to Rayann and Kali. (I wasn't sure what effect I wanted the shot to have so I did not describe it since Myth never saw it... so make of it what you will.)

When his elven eyes focused in on Rorie Myth was bringing another arrow into existence within Windfall. He was taking aim awaiting an opportunity and as he was about to let loose his shot Kali acted taking Rorie out. A loud roar from Myth's right drew his attention to the encroaching force and Myth's mind returned to a focused edge. He cursed his momentary distraction bringing the bow to bare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6: Shadows Creep   6: Shadows Creep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6: Shadows Creep
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next