Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Dragonknight

Erik felt as though a huge, gaping hole had been opened up within him again. He had put his father’s death behind him years ago and now, it was as though he were that little boy all over again. The loss of his father, again, left him empty and withdrawn. Even in the few short days they spent getting Miranda and Chandra back on their feet, Erik kept his distance from everyone. He simply needed time to come to terms with everything that had happened.

When Miranda told him it was time to go looking for Shiloh, he was glad for the distraction and to be of use once more. Letting the red head lead the way, he had Mina soar high in the sky so he could feel the cool rush of the air passing over him as he flew among the clouds. When Mina spotted the keep she told Erik and he leaned over to look at the place. It was impressive, to say the least, and he was anxious to find Shiloh and make sure she was OK.

Landing Mina next to Miranda as she conversed with the guard on the keep wall, his icy gaze swept the area for possible threats. When it appeared as though all was safe, Mina leaned down and let him slide easily off her shoulders.

As the gates were opened, Erik walked through with Miranda and Kryton followed by the large dragons. Mina let Erik know she would be on constant vigil with Dacia. Erik merely nodded then quickly addressed the head of the guards as the man approached.

”The woman that was brought here. Take me to her now. I need to see her.”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10For three days Shiloh had lain in a fevered state, delerious and close to death. But, the Lord Mhoram's servants and healers were able to save her using herbs and plants indigenous to the area. She would be scarred, but she would live. The scar on her face was not as bad as if first had seemed, and as it healed, left a thin, white line just under her cheekbone, about one a half inches long. Unfortunately, the other scars were not as good on the rest of her body.

On the third day, Shiloh finally woke fever free. She was weak and wondered where she was. Looking around the room, she saw cleanliness, beautiful tapestries, freshly swept floors with sprigs of dried lavender in the corners. The bed was soft, the fire in the large fireplace roaring with a warm fire. There were windows with shutters and one window was open to let the fresh air in as well as sunlight. Her body was sore and stiff, but she was alive if not weak. It took her 10 minutes to get to a sitting postitioning on the bed and another 5 minutes to stand when she heard the door open and she heard a gasp from the maid.

"Mistress!! Ye should'na be up and aboot jus' yet! 'Tis good 'at ye be awake, but ye be weak ye be and ye need ye're rest."

As the maid came scurrying around the bed to help Shiloh back into it, she heard the commotion coming from outside and heard Erik's voice. Trying to shake off the maid and make her way to the window, Shiloh became agitated.

"Either help me to the window or leave me, but I must get to the window!! NOW!!"

Tsking, Ellie helped Shiloh to the open window where she helped Shiloh stand as she looked down below. Shiloh smiled when she saw Erik and saw that he was alive and yelling for her.

"Please, bring him up to me. Please....he is....well...he's my love. Please bring him to me."

Before Ellie could answer Shiloh, she was yelling down the best she could to Erik. Her voice was weak, but he would be able to here her.

"I AM HERE, ERIK!!"

"Please, Miss. Come back to bed now an' rest. I be checking with the Lord Mhoram and I be sure he be lettin' ye're man up to see fer himself 'at ye're okay."

Shiloh allowed herself to be led back to the bed, the little excurstion leaving her tired. But, the herbs and plants they were healing her with would help her get her strength back in a few days. She would not be completely healed, but she would be strong enough to travel by then.

Ellie raced out of the room to find the Lord Mhoram.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm

Sir...dragon riders are approaching from the north. It appears a woman is among them...

Alert the guardhouse and the North iron gate. Allow the strangers to enter the gardens. Keep your distance and watch for any unusual behavior. Use extreme measures if any of them draw their swords.

Call on the western seawall for Bannor....

Guard, it is not, that I do not trust the riders who are approaching from the mountain...but that someone may be watching behind them. Send out our own scouts to the east and west and circle back to us from the north to ensure they were not followed. Watch for ogres scouts...the one-eye ogres have a mean streak.

The mage turned toward dark crystal mounted on a stone post in the middle of the room. It glowed brightly...seeking out the other crystal that Miranda had in her possession. Go get Lord Mhoram I believe he is in quarters.

---------------------------------------

Lord Mhoram...heard the commotion and ran into the maiden Ellise in the foyer of the north wing...

Ok Ellise...Asked Alicia to help dress the young woman and I will go greet our guests.

Opening the doors to the dining room...I spot the woman Miranda...Mi Lady! I bow down and graciously kiss her hand, its an honor to finally meet you. You and your party are my guests...please come in...
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910Miranda's green eyes took in Lord Mhoram as he took her hand and gently kissed the back of it. Her gaze was hot and cold at the same time, not sure what to make of the man who had saved Shiloh's life. She could feel the magick coming off of him in waves, though and that made her nervous and on her guard.

"I believe we haven't been properly introduced, at least, YOU did not introduce yourself back in the caverns."

As she spoke, she withdrew her hand from his grasp, one eyebrow raised at him waiting for him to answer.

Forgive me, m'lady. I am Lord Mhoram and you are all welcome to my home!"

Nodding her head, she looked back at the others, introducing them to the Lord of the manor.

"This is Lord Kryton and the anxious rider here is Erik Jordan. I introduced myself inside the caverns. The woman you took from the caverns is Shiloh....his woman. We have come for her."

Miranda's stance was that of a warrior, her eyes taking in everything as they were led to the great hall. It was immense, well lit with large torches everywhere and candle lit chandleleers hanging from the high ceilings. Large tapestries covered the walls, keeping any drafts at bay. One wall was nothing but a large fireplace with a cheerful fire burning inside it. As he bid them sit, they did so with caution, Erik clearly chomping at the bit, along with Kryton, to see Shiloh for themselves. Maids delivered drinks of sweetened wine and honey mead along with meats and cheeses for the four of them to eat.

Kryton then demanded to know more about their host, how it was he had a dragon and a bronze one at that. His tone was rude and cold when he heard a voice from the stairs.

"Commander...he saved my life, he and his dragon. I would be dead if it wasn't for Lord Mhoram."

Shiloh was in a soft gown, made of a soft, light-weight suede, dark purple in color making her gray eyes stand out. When Shiloh saw Erik, she would have run to him if the two maids, Elise and Alicia hadn't held her back, telling her she would re-open some of her wounds if she didn't slow down. That was when her hand went instantly to her cheek, covering the scar that was now there and she stood still, not moving forward..not moving back...but waiting for Erik to approach her. Tears slid down her face as she looked upon him, not sure that she would ever see him again once the torture had begun. Finally, she was in his arms....safe and warm.

Miranda watched the scene, her green eyes filled with warmth as she watched the two lovers embrace. She sighed before turning back to their host, her green eyes now serious again.

"We thank you for saving Shiloh's life, but we must be cautious...I am sure you understand. We would like to know just who you are...where do you come from...how do you have a legendary Bronze dragon?"

Last edited by SinTara on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am

The LAST thing Erik was concerned with right now was manners and proper etiquette in a Lords manner, but he wanted to see Shiloh for himself. When they were shown into the great hall and everyone proceeded to act as though they were making a pleasant visit, Erik was seething. He refused to sit but instead paced the room.

When Kryton demanded to see Shiloh, Erik stopped pacing and was giving a rather murderous look to this Lord. His hands curled into tight fists and he was ready to beat the information out of the man if he didn’t hurry and tell Erik where Shiloh was.

When he heard Shiloh’s weak voice behind him he whirled around and stared at her for a long moment. His throat went dry and constricted. His heart dropped to his knees before it came back to his chest and began to beat. He took a few hesitant steps towards the stairs, not certain he was really seeing her. But then he was moving as fast as his feet would take him across the floor and up the steps. When he finally had her in his arms, Erik felt like he could breathe once more.

Holding Shi close, he didn’t want to let her go but he reluctantly did and pulled her away from him so he could look into her eyes and study her face. When he saw the scar, he smiled and let his thumb run the length of it.

”If you wanted to look more like me, we could have found a less dangerous way of doing that.”

Cupping Shi’s face in his hands, Erik leaned down and kissed her softly before drawing her in his arms once more and holding her close.

”By the Gods I thought I had lost you.”

FInally he turned to face the others and noded to Lord Mhoram.

"Thank you for your help but we must go. Now."

Letting his light blue eyes settle on Kryton, he nodded again.

"I will take Shiloh on Mina with me."

Bending down, he gently scooped Shiloh up into his arms and started walking down the stairs determined to take her away from this place and get her settled in the new encampment with the Varden.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh wrapped her arms around Erik's neck, breathing in his scent as he cradled her to him. When he spoke of leaving, she heard the maids gasp.

"M'lord, her wounds...they have not fully healed yet. Lord Mhoram's healers want her to remain for a few more days for a diluted acid was used in her torture."

This came from Elise, a healer's aide and maid. She'd been the main girl to care for Shiloh while she'd been delerious with pain and fever and had seen the extent of the wounds inflicted on the woman. She needed a few more days of rest for the blue hurtloam plant to do it's job and heal her. But, the maid also so the way the rider looked at Shiloh and knew that he would do what he wanted where his woman was concerned. She simply hoped that he would use caution and stay for just a few days.

"Erik, she's right. What that bitch, Roxy, and Chang used on me....perhaps we should stay for a few days. Rest and allow all of us to heal before heading to the new compound. But, I'll do whatever you want to do. Just so long as we're together."

She laid her face against his chest, sighing contentedly.

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910
Miranda and the others had heard the whole exchange and she wondered what the plan would be. She herself wouldn't mind a short reprieve as she was still sore from their ordeal. Her wounds, while hidden beneath her clothing, were not fully healed themselves. But, it was not her call. She did find it odd, the way Kryton was looking at Shiloh. His eyes were moist and he looked like he would jump out of his chair at any moment and run to the couple.

Turning back around to Lord Mhoram, she studied him. He was a large man, but seemed a little on the rich side. She hoped that didn't mean he was soft....she couldn't stand soft men. He didn't look soft physically, and he did take charge and get Shiloh out of the caverns and to safety. She found herself intrigued by him, but being the way she was, she wasn't going to let him know that. But, he might have information they could use regarding Serena and her red lizonians. If they wanted to go, maybe her and Commander Kryton would stay and get to know their host a little better. She could tell that Erik was anxious to get Shiloh out of here and care for her himself.

"I have a suggestion for everyone. Allow Erik to take Shiloh back to the compound where our healer's can assess her wounds and Commander Kryton and I can stay here and get to know our host a little better and he us. Is everyone okay with that arrangement?"

She looked over at Kryton who looked undecided, but reluctantly nodded his head.

"What say you, Jordan. Stay here with us for a few days or will you take Shiloh back to the compound?"
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Serena11Serena was furious! How could this have happened?! Who in the hell was the rider with the bronze dragon?! How did he get into the caverns?! And, Miranda!! Dammit!! She was so close to obtaining her untapped abilities, now it would be another month before she could do the ritual again. And to top it off, she had to find a new place to hide as well as live.

Her, Roxy, Gnash and the others headed for the northern coast north of Danar. It was rough going, her and Roxy having to travel at night and the lizonians having to travel during the day. They'd lost a few of the green lizonians during attacks from the patrols of the neighboring villages. But, the lizonians had also gotten a chance to have fresh meat. Gnash and Chang did fairly well traveling at night thanks to Serena's potions to help keep their blood flowing during the chill of the night.

Once they reached the northern slopes, they found an abandoned manor. Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Les_fl10 After making sure it was all clear, Serena decided that it would do nicely. It was well hidden and hadn't been lived in for some time so had probably been forgotten about.

It would take time to get everything set up, create a new scrying ball, gather her herbs and what not, but with Roxy's help, the time would go by fast and she would be back to getting a hold of her niece and finding the Varden stronghold.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:19 am

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Trivok10

Ahhh well...yes...yes...of course, Mi Lady Miranda...you're right. You do not know me and I do not know you...You are strangers to this Land? And I am sure the mage of the guard on duty did allow you to land but I am sure you were watched...Carefully and my Baneta scouts have not returned yet that you were not followed.

I paused briefly and saw the mage on duty enter from another passageway across the room.

Ahh 'cuse me...mi Lady Miranda. I walked over to the mage [Lord mhoram, they the strangers were not followed, mi Lord] Very well. He saluted by raising his hand over his head and swing his arm downward, I returned by swinging my right arm across my chest outward.

Returning,

without changing the subject...I am surprised though that you do not know of this land of Anvil? Hmmm...I found that curious as well. You do not fight ogres or orcs but these strange lizard beasts. Like the old day, that my ancestries fought against...The red Serpent of the sea...A head of lizard...repiltean scale body with webbed feet and a long tail that lives only in the water.

Until a week ago...I never knew a place like this existed except what my father's father wrote in scripts of a horrible place within that mountain. We fight an evil force from the east that comes from the great swamps and the red serpent that lives in the Elderan Sea.

But there is time for all your questions....You are my guests and you were not followed by anyone from the north. Who we are, will take some time to explain... where we came from, and what we can offer here and beyond...

Siloh is a pretty woman...I had healers from around the Land of Anvil arrive with a healing mud called Hurtloam...its from the land's riches that healed her minor wounds but her major wounds still needs time to heal. I see the two lovers Sir Erik and thee Lady Siloh...and I agree with my servants that your lady should stay here a few more days and heal and I realize that you have a place of safety beyond our world??? (I look quizzicly at them)

I can offer you Sir Erik...a place where its secluded and cannot be seen from the skies above. This place is a sacred place...not used since the clergic staff were killed by an attack from Ogres.

Its the old chapel and it has a secret chambers where noone will find her or you. You may use this place for as long as needed. Your Bayneta (dragon) will be safe and well feed. there is a lair under this chambers that has been set-up for other baynetas and their riders who have traveled far to fight the wild beasts that roam this land from the Great swamps in the eastern ranges...its up to you Sir...?

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Frunde10

Ahh...but in good time...unless their is urgency that you, Sir Erik and mi lady Miranda must leave my home right away...you are guests and must be worn out from your battle with the evil doers.

My servants will prepare your rooms and hot baths for your stay, mi Lady Miranda...

I know such luxuries are not your norm...you weld the sword of a true fighter and leader inside the cavern. I must know how you came about to be in that place...as I was trapped there for days myself.

Looking out the west pillared window toward the Elderan Sea...I point toward the island beyond the point...

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Lookin10

My great great grandfather was a sea captain aboard the sail Endeavor. A merchant ship loss at sea by a storm of great magitude. He headed north toward that island you see off the coast. It was there that the Red Serpent destroyed his ship with its tail...many men were loss that day excpet for my great great grandfather who was saved by the legendary Bronze dragon.

Walking down the great hall, we passed several armaments of pikes, swords, shields in wood cabinets mounted along the walls. I noticed Miranda and company looking all around her. My guests...here we depart so that you may change and freshen up...my staff will walk you to your rooms, and bathe you. I will be in the study when you return...
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910Miranda and Commander Kryton followed Lord Mhoram throughout his castle, listening to him speak. It was all very interesting and he seemed to be a gracious host, but Miranda was still not very trusting although the thought of a soft bed and a bath sounded heavenly. She noticed though that Shiloh and Erik had stayed behind, probably discussing whether or not they would stay.

"Lord Mhoram, where Rider Erik and Shiloh are concerned, you must not take offense if Erik chooses to take her back to the compound. They have been through a lot in the past few weeks and he is extremely protective over her. As for Commander Kryton and myself, I can only speak on my behalf. I accept your invitation to stay for 3 days....3 days only."

Once they reached the upstairs, she saw servants waiting for them and heard Mhoram make the comment that their rooms were readied and his servants would bathe them. She turned to him, her green eyes respectful yet wary.

"I prefer to bathe myself, thank you. I have no need for a servant to attend me as they surely have more important things to do."

Nodding her head, she followed a girl named Shelley, to an immaculate room. It was huge...with a large 4-poster bed in the middle and a large fireplace along one wall. Again, tapestries decorated the walls to keep out the chill at night and there were sprigs of dried lavender scattered in the corners. There was a large wardrobe up against another wall and a large tub had already been positioned in front of the fire, scented with lavender and chamomille. A table sat next to the tub with various oils, soaps and shampoos.

"M'lady, if you would, I would help you to undress and then aid you in washing your long hair. It is my duty to serve you, m'lady, that is all."

Looking at Shelley, she saw that the girl was quite serious about her station and giving a sigh, she nodded her head, allowing the young girl to help her undress. She ignored the gasp when the girl saw the whip marks decorating her back. She gasped again when she helped Miranda undo the bandages that covered the deep gouges along her chest, which were still seeping, the healing process slow for such wounds. Stepping into the tub, Miranda couldn't stop a moan of pleasure as she slowly lowered herself down into the hot water, then her moan turned to a whimper as the water hit the marks on her back. Finally, she was totally submerged and enjoying every moment of it.

"I will take your clothes to be cleaned, m'lady and then come back to lay out fresh ones for you after which I will help you wash."

Miranda simply made a noise, letting the girl know that she'd heard her, too engrossed in the warm water to pay her any mind.

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Kryton10
"Lord Mhoram, before you leave us for a short time, you must know that I cannot stay 3 days. Tomorrow, I must head back to my compound and relieve my first in command. Erik will do what he thinks is best for my daugh.......for Shiloh and I implore to accept his decision where she is concerned. I thank you for your hospitality and hope to get to know you better once I have rested. My green dragon Dacia is waiting outside and I have let her know that you have a good place for her to rest and be cared for. She will allow your people near her, so long as they do not pose a threat of any kind to her or myself."

Kryton had almost slipped up in calling Shiloh his daughter and hoped that Lord Mhoram hadn't caught his almost slip. He followed his own appointed servant to a room similar to Miranda's and smiled when he saw the large tub with the steaming water.

Shelley hurried out of Miranda's room and went straight to Lord Mhoram, after having dropped off the lady warrior's clothes to be cleaned and repaired.

"M'lord! Ye wanted me to report on the lady's condition. Her wounds are awful, m'lord. Her back is criss-crossed with fresh whip marks and along the top of her chest was bandaged. When I helped her remove the bandage, I saw 3 deep gouges that ran the width of her chest. They are still seeping some, m'lord and I could tell that when she lowered herself into the water, her back and the wounds on her chest caused her pain. She is also bruised all over, m'lord and yet all that came from her was a whimper, nothing more. She is a brave lady, m'lord and a strong one."

Shelley headed back to Miranda's room after reporting to Lord Mhoram on Miranda's condition.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:26 am

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Trivok10

I poured myself a cup of mead and looked out over the horizon, I could sense that Bannor was nearby. Looking toward the west and flying just above the waves...I watched as Bannor dove headfirst into the Elderan sea. The magnificant bronze dragon disappeared momentarily underwater. With asurge and push the dragon flew straight up as if scaling a castle wall. In his jaws, a great white shark was being eatten. Flying in a great stride...his wings spread out and his ears pointed back...he zoomed over the castle and if in a race...circling, I knew he picked up the scent of the female dragon.

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Bronze10

Smiling...I shook my head and turned to see my servant enter the room, exclaiming the scars and wounds on Lady Miranda's body. Exchanging a few words with her...I sent her back with herbal ointments, hoping Miranda would accept the healing herbs.

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Frunde12

I walked down to the guard house and watched my FirstGuard and Sir Quann trained his soldiers in the yard, I waited patiently for him to finsh his training and then spoke...

Quann, how's their training coming?

Saluting...Mi lord...their training nearly completed. Anticipating I needed him for something more...he waited. Quann...our guest Sir Kryton seems urgent to return to their own compound. I fear there will be trouble before he returns...whether he's on horseback or on a baneta, there are too many evil beasts that roam outside our protected lands...outside our outposts.

Mi Lord...you need not ask. You know I are loyal to you and will do what's necessary to protect your guests.

Good Quann. I need you to escort Sir Kryton back to his own kingdom. He is a man of great importance and it appears his concern is with Lady Siloh. I want you to double the guard at our outposts and take a regiment with you in the morning and escort Sir Kryton back to his compound.

He will argue that doesnt need our help but it appears he hasnt fought ogres before...for this he will need our protection to get to the other side of the mountain.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910Miranda had dozed off inside the large claw-footed tub when Elise came into the room, humming a merry little tune. Cracking open her green eyes, she saw the maid approaching the tub with a few vials in her hands, which made her open her eyes all of the way and sit up.

"What do you have there, Elise?"

Elise smiled at Miranda, hoping that this warrior lady didn't put up too much of a fuss over the herbal ointments for her wounds and bruises.

"Ahhh, m'lady.....I 'ave ointments to soothe ye're wounds. Once ye are done wit' ye're bath I will rub them on ye."

Miranda looked quizzically at the vials, studying them. When she asked to look at them more closely, Elise brought them to her. Miranda took each of the three vials and opened them, sniffing each. One was a lavender lotion, one comfrey, and one was hemlock.

"Good choices, Elise...all of them. I would be pleased if you would rub these on my wounds."

For the next fifteen minutes, Elise washed Miranda's long, red hair then turned her back while Miranda washed herself. When she heard her maneuvering in the tub, she rushed over with an over large, plush towel, wrapping it around the red-head. Next, she ushered the woman over to the vanity and while wrapped in the towel, Elise brushed out her long hair, then she ushered her over to the bed and laying her down on her stomach, she began to apply the three ointments to her back. Once she was done, she gave the vials to Miranda to apply to her chest, then helped her re-wrap those wounds. Afterwards, she aided Miranda in dressing in an emerald colored gown, trimmed in white ermine. When Elise went to put her hair up, that was where Miranda stopped her.

"I do not care for my hair up, Elise, but thank you."

Elise then stifled a gasp when she watched Miranda lift the skirt to her gown and strap a thigh belt with a small dagger inside a jeweled sheath to her upper thigh. Then, she led Miranda down to the dining hall to dine with Lord Mhoram.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh lay cradled in Erik's arms as he made his way out to Mina. She was safe...no more knives, no more burns, no more pain. The nightmares she could deal with now that Erik had found her, but not knowing if she would ever see him again had been pure hell. She shivered, thinking back to what Roxy and Chang had done to her and that was when she remembered something....something she'd heard when Chang had run off with her, but she couldn't have heard right. Kryton had yelled something about his daughter after Chang had taunted Erik then taken off with her slung over his shoulder. Was he talking about her? He couldn't have been. Jason DragonStarr was her father. Wasn't he?

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910
Miranda made her way into the dining hall, her emerald gown swishing around her feet. She'd never worn anything quite so exquisite and while she enjoyed the feel of the soft material around her legs, she missed the freedome of movement her trews afforded her. She entered the dining hall and saw the grand table, place settings at one end of the long dining table. Heading towards that end, she nodded to Commander Kryton as he too entered the dining hall. Both sat down, one on either side of the chair at the head of the table, waiting for their host to come and explain things to them.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Easy

Sir_Easy

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

SIr Kryton...

Lady Miranda...

You're already sitting at my dining table , I hope your more refreshed and relaxed a little. I also hope you have a big appetite. My servants will be serving a roasted bore that is extremely tasty. It's still on the spit and will be ready in a short time...

Come lets go to my library..It's actually nice to have visitors. My father once had many visitors and this castle use to be the center of attention for many years...but the plague destroyed many villages, the lands beared no fruit nor vegatables...and then the Great Swamps...

...a dark evil spirit rose from the Great Swamps and came over the land..and what once was a thriving community turned ugly. Many people died..land barons as well. Darkness fell across all the land...gray dark clouds...rodents and black locust rained down from the clouds...thunder and lightning...rivers rose over their banks and floods destroyed what the plague didn't even the great dragon rider...Lord Trell K'rul was diagnosed with the plague. He was my fathers First Mark as Sir Quaan is mine. Sir Quaan will be riding back with you as an escort through the badlands.

Lord Trell had the best of the best healers come and try to break the fever...but one night...something happen and bannor schiekd noise disturbed the entire peoples...his bond with Lord Trell was threatened...Lord Trell was dying. A flash of lightning and loud thunder....came from his room...many guards were killed trying to enter his room...bannor rescued him and they both flew east toward the great Swamps. Evil dark clouds filled the skiies the next day..while everyone scattered to try and figure out what happen to him. The plague must have taken his mind because he slipped off bannors back and fell into the great swamps that is ruled by the evil queen. She and bannor do not get along. Bannor left and never returned to the castle...we thought bannor died a true death of a dragon...bonded with his master. But...strangely, Bannor is still alive. We ...my father believed that Sir Trell has gone to the other side and is the Gray Slayer that we have been fighting with for years. He knows many secrets this kingdom has and instructs his orges, orcs what to attack.

You are probably wondering how bannor and I became one...

Come let us sit down and eat...and I will explain my fathers winery, the tunnels, the mountains' gems and bannor...I'm sure you have many questions for me..so please ask them..

to be continued
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Erik wasn’t thinking clearly, that much was for certain. He was so focused on Shiloh that he wasn’t taking into account her condition. When he marched his way out to where Mina waited patiently, even though she was looking overhead and watching the circling bull, Erik finally knelt down and held Shiloh gently as he gave a concerned look to her.

”I don’t know what to do, Shi. I just…..”

Finally taking a deep breath, Erik looked down for a long moment as he collected his composure then looked back at Shiloh.

”I’ll do what ever you want me to do. Stay here. Go to the other encampment where the Varden are holed up. What ever you want to do…that’s what we’ll do. All you have to do is tell me. You’re all I have left now and I don’t want to risk losing you.”

It was clear Erik had been through quite a bit and where to start, he had no idea. All he knew was that he suddenly felt very drained and exhausted not to mention he was still quite filthy from the battles he’d survived.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh looked up at Erik, sensing that something was bothering him....something was weighing on him. She lifted her hand and cupped his cheek, her gray eyes seeming too big in her thin face.

"Erik, I wish to go to the compound where we can begin our plan for our survival. Serena, Roxy and the lizonians must be dealt with before they join forces with the dark wizards. Take me to our new home."

Resting her head back on his chest, all Shiloh could think about was being with Erik, going home and getting stronger. She wanted vengeance with a passion that made her gray eyes glow. She smiled over at Mina, sighing when the dragon's nose gently nuzzled her shoulder. She was where she belonged.

Looking up, she saw Kryton approaching them, having left the dining hall for a few moments.

"Erik..Shiloh, I am going to stay here for the night...get to know your rescuer a little better, then Dacia and I will come to the compound. Take care of her Erik...whatever you and she need will be provided."

For a brief second, Shiloh saw something in Kryton's eyes that had her puzzled and thinking about what she knew she'd heard when she'd been taken. She would question Erik about it....but later. Right now, all she wanted to do was go home...with Erik and Mina.

"Take me home, Erik. Take us both home. I want to regain my strength so that we can patrol together....by the Gods!!! Sampson....Rain!!! Are they okay?!"

Erik assured her, calming her that the dog was injured but alive and healing. Her horse was also fine and waiting for her back at the compound. Breathing a sigh of relief, she relaxed once more.

"I want to go home. Our home."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Erik pulled himself to stand as straight as he could when he saw Kryton approaching. When the commander gave his order for Erik to take Shiloh to the Varden compound, the exhausted Dragon Rider was too exhausted to find argument with the order and all too happy to comply. With a sigh of resignation, Erik merely nodded and bid his commander’s order.

With every ounce of strength he could muster, Erik picked Shiloh up and with Mina’s help, got the recovering aid settled on the back of his beloved dragon. With a silent, telepathic command that made both rider and dragon’s eyes glow a soft blue, Erik gave Mina the command to take them to the Varden compound.

Mina crouched then with a gentleness Erik had never known the dragon to possess, the giant, flying lizard lifted off the ground and began a wide spiral ascension to the clouds. Erik furrowed his brows wondering why Mina was being so careful and graceful when he caught sight of the big, red bull circling high overhead. With a knowing, tired smile, Erik reached down and patted Mina’s thick, scaled neck affectionately.

~I promise, girl. Get Shi and I safely to the Varden and you can come back to spend some time with that handsome fella circling overhead.~

Mina merely nodded but Erik could feel the joy that particular statement gave the large beast. As soon as Mina reached the altitude she needed to glide on the air currents, Erik sighed once more and pulled Shiloh close to him and rested his cheek on the top of her head as she leaned back against his chest. All he wanted now was to get to the compound, take a long overdue bath and settle in with Shiloh in a warm, comfortable bed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh snuggled in close to Erik as Mina flew them back to the Varden stronghold. She bypassed the new compound and went straight to a hidden entrance in the side of the mountain. She landed gently inside a massive dragon landing bay where Lord Jardony and Chandra were waiting. Chandra looked much better, but still carried healing wounds upon her face and arms. Jardony smiled and patted Mina's nose as he instructed some of his warriors to give Erik help in getting off of his dragon.

"Rider Erik..please, accept their assistance. I sense how exhausted you are and Chandra has informed me on what those bastards did to your woman and aide. I have a private chamber already prepared for you and Shiloh along with anything you will need in her healing as well as your rest.....(smiles knowingly).......I know how I would be in your place and noone but me would be caring for my woman. At least yours will live. At least allow Doler to carry Shiloh. He will carry her as if she were his daughter with you right beside him. They will lead you to your chambers."

Shiloh spoke softly to Erik, telling him to let Doler carry her. She could see the dark circles underneath his eyes and a worried expression crossed her face. Doler carried her, with Erik behind him, down a long tunnel with various rooms carved out on either side. He made several turns until he came to a room that was secluded. Inside was a large ornate bed, two chairs, shelves with healing ointments, hair soap and body soap. There were also clean bandages and changes of clothing in the small wardrobe. A tub with hot water was already waiting in the middle of the room.

M'lord, Lord Jardony wishes you to use the tub as long as you like. If Lady Shiloh is up for a bath as well, simply use the rock on the table and knock four times on the south wall. Joanna and Dina will come, empty the tub and refill it. If you need anything else, take the rock and knock 5 times on the east wall and someone will assist you."

Doler gave a small bow and left Shiloh sitting on the bed and Erik standing in the room.

"Go ahead Erik, soak in the soothing water. I will lay here and rest.....and watch."

She gave him a weak, but mischevious grin.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 374df910Miranda sat at the fine dining table, studying her host. She didn't know what to make of him, but she was going to find out. She ate her small appetizer, waiting for Kryton to return so that Lord Morham would finish his tale. Until then, she would enjoy the food and maybe ask a few questions of her own. She shifted in the gown, liking it and yet uncomfortable in it. When Morham asked her if she was okay, she smiled at him.

"I am fine....it is the gown. While I enjoy the feel of it, I prefer the easy movement of my pants. I feel.....as if I am vunerable within this gown. But, I do appreciate your hospitality."

Just then Kryton returned, informing them that Erik was taking Shiloh back to the Varden stronghold to finish healing as well as him getting much needed rest.

"Now that Commander Kryton has returned m'lord, how about you finish your tale so that we know more about you."

Miranda's green eyes looked into Morham's, one eyebrow lifted up...listening intently to what he had to say.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Erik barely remembered Mina landing but when he was offered assistance, his pride gave him energy to refuse at first. But when Jardony insisted his aids help, Erik had enough sense of training in him that he knew better than to refuse help from the commanding officer. With reluctance he gave Shiloh over to the one who would carry her and walked on his own to the secluded chambers that awaited them.

It seemed like forever before he and Shi were finally left alone but the second they were, Erik worked at removing his battle scared armor, letting it fall haphazardly where ever it landed once it fell from his weary body. The steaming water of the tub was too inviting to pass up, even in his exhausted state of mind.

Barely aware of Shi’s comment, he did manage to make a half smile as he eased his naked, aching body into the water to wash away the dirt, grime, blood and memories of the battles he endured over the last 24 hours.

All but one. Over and over his mind kept playing out the scene where Braum was attacked and killed by the Lizonians then the revelation the man was his father. So many questions were still unanswered and Erik felt the bitterness of defeat knowing he’s never get the answers he so desperately wanted. And the only person who could give him those answers was dead.

Closing his eyes after he practically scrubbed the skin of his body and the hair off his head, Erik leaned back in the tub and let the soothing, warm water surround him as he drifted off to another place and time. A time when he was a young boy and his father was with him. He couldn’t see the face but he heard the voice, Braum’s voice, tell him he would be a fine dragon rider one day when the time came.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh watched as Erik readied for the tub, sighing at the sight of his hard, toned body. If only she were completely healed and he not so exhausted. She knew something was bothering him, but didn't pry...yet. She would give him a little time to tell her before asking him about it. Until then, she relaxed as well as she could, her body still somewhat painful.

When she saw his eyes close and knew that he was completely relaxed, she rose and headed for the small wardrobe closet that was on the wall on the other side of the tub. She enjoyed the feel of the dress, but it wasn't the most comfortable thing to wear to sleep in. Opening the doors, she cringed as the hinges creaked and looked over at Erik, not wanting to disturb him. Finding nothing, although the closet was filled with clothing for both of them, she closed the doors and headed over to the small chest of drawers. The top drawer held underthings for them and the second drawer held night shirts. Grabbing one, she attempted to get out of her gown.

After a few minutes of struggling and a few whimpers of stretching wounds, she was able to get her arms out, but by then she was swaying from the exertion of just that. She glanced at the tub and decided that she wasn't going to bother Erik. He needed that bath worse than she needed a nightshirt. She smiled lovingly at him, stroking his hair as she walked by the tub, her other hand holding up the dress.

Reaching the bed, she lay the nightshirt down, took a deep breath and gently pushed the dress down her torso. If Erik opened his eyes just then, he would see the raw, seeping wounds criss-crossing her back from the whip and knives as well as the ugly bruises adorning her ribcage. By the time she got the dress down to her ankles, she was sweating and breathing heavily. Her wounds burned and some of them seeped, but she donned the nightshirt anyway. Turning around, she saw Erik's eyes upon her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Erik’s eyes were opened the moment he heard Shiloh get out of the bed but he wanted to see what she was up to so he pretended to have his eyes closed and not paying attention when she looked around. He wasn’t exactly sure what she was looking for when he saw her looking through the wardrobe and next the drawers but when she withdrew the night shirt, he understood completely.

He watched her struggle with the garments. While some would have thought it some sort of perverted sadism, Erik found it quite enjoyable. You never appreciate a woman’s form until you see it in motion when they don’t think you’re watching. But when he saw the marks upon her back he wanted to find every last Lizonian and murder them slowly and painfully. It was all he could do to hold his rage in check and prevent himself from getting up out of the tub and going after them right then and there.

Thankfully for him and Shiloh he was too damn tired. And when Shiloh turned around, she saw Erik wasn’t feigning sleep. And he didn’t’ have the chance to bury that raw rage he was feeling. So what Shiloh saw was nothing less than a murderous glare directed at her.

Of course it only took a couple of seconds before Erik blinked that look away and rose from the tub grabbing the towel at the same time. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he tucked the corner in to keep it in place as he walked over to Shiloh.

”It would be better to sleep without it, Shi. Give your wounds air and allow them to breath. They’ll heal faster if you do. Trust me. I know what I’m talking about.”

Cupping her face in his hands, Erik kissed her gently then took her hand and led her to the edge of the bed and sat down, coaxing her down with him.

”There’s no worry about anything, Shi. I’m too damn tired and you’re still too fragile for us to do anything tonite. I just want to lay here and hold you close to me and I sure as hell don’t want some scratchy piece of material in between us. Take it off and give your body a chance to heal. Please?”

Without waiting for Shiloh to make up her mind, Erik gently eased the night shirt up off her head and off her body before laying down on the bed and drawing her down with him, gently cradling her body next to his. His fingers stroked her hair as he laid there staring at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh woke the next morning in Erik's arms and smiled lazily. She'd had nightmares throughout the night, but Erik had been there to soothe them away. Her body still hurt but not as bad as before. She looked over at him, smiling again at how boyish he looked sleeping. She softly stroked his cheek before slowly climbing out of the bed. Throwing on the nightshirt she was going to wear the night before, she sucked in her breath as it slid over her wounds.

'knock-knock-knock'

Shiloh walked to the door, opening it to see Chandra, Lord Jardony's daughter, standing there with a breakfast tray.

"I thought the two of you would be hungry, Shiloh, so I brought you breakfast."

Chandra walked in, noticed Erik still sleeping and quietly laid the tray down on the small table in the room.

"I didn't think the two of you would be up to the communal dining room. Also, Father told me that he had told Mina how to get here. He knew that when Erik found you, he might want a little more privacy than the compound would allow as well as you feeling safer here than there. I hope he didn't overstep in doing this."

"No, Chandra...he didn't overstep by any means. I am grateful to be here."

Shiloh's mouth was watering at the smell of the food and she listened politely to Chandra as she explained that their healers would be there later in the morning to look over her wounds, then she gave Shiloh a gently hug and left.

Shiloh walked over to the bed and sat down next to Erik, stroking back a lock of hair that had fallen over his forehead, smiling at him, glad to be alive.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Erik was awake the instant Shiloh stirred next to him but he wasn’t quite ready to face her y et. Not that he didn’t want to but opening his eyes meant the harsh realities of things that had come to pass would hit him square in the face again. He heard the entire conversation between Chandra and Shiloh as they conversed quietly and his stomach even rumbled a little when he smelled the food Chandra brought in.

When Chandra left and Shiloh came back to sit down next to him on the bed and move the hair from his forehead he opened his eyes and looked up at her. There was a look of pain in his eyes for a fleeting moment before he gave her a small smile and reached up to draw her down next to him once more.

”The troubled dreams will fade in time, Shi. It’s not a lot of consolation I can give you but it’s the truth and sometimes the truth is better heard now than later.”

Kissing the top of her head he sighed heavily before loosening his hold around her to let her wiggle free once more knowing she must be as hungry as he was.

”Sounds like we’ve been pretty much taken care of. What smells so damn good?”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Advent10Shiloh giggled even though being held hurt a little. But when he said something about eating, she pushed him back down on the bed, leaned over him and kissed him before leaning back a little bit to let her gray eyes stare into his blue ones.

"Erik, if you need to talk...I'm here. You can tell me anything and even if I can't help I can at least listen."

She kissed him again before sliding off the bed to uncover the tray Chandra had brought them. Underneath the lid was fresh bread, cheese, fruit and thin slices of some kind of meat along with a jug of berry juice and two mugs. She fixed him a plate and took it over to him only to go back and fix her own. Sitting down next to him, they ate in silence.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Erik pulled himself up and leaned back against the headboard of the bed, reclining. When Shiloh mentioned about talking to her a shadow crossed his features and he furrowed his brow shaking his head slightly.

”Nothing to talk about, really, but thanks anyway.”

When she brought the plate over for him he sampled everything she got for him before he settled down to eat in silence. His focus was primarily on the plate and food before him. He was quite hungry but he also didn’t really feel like talking about anything right now either. And he wondered if he ever would.

Once he was done eating, he looked around the room they had been given and nodded his approval.

”I’ll be sure to thank Jardony for his hospitality. And forethought.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows   Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stand Together...The Rebellion Grows
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next