Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

5: Family Ties

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
serredeth

serredeth

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:04 pm

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Mythban2

Myth wrapped a protective arm around Rayann kissing the top of her head lightly. Her questions and concerns were understandable and he had given it a great deal of thought over the course of the morning. The answers were not pleasant but he knew in his heart the path they would need to travel.

"Alas my dearest we have yet to truly experience the loss of our daughter because it has yet to happen. It is a path that we must endure for the sake of Kali. While she may exist now in this world do we want to risk what may happen if we choose not to concieve her. It could have unforseen and dire consiquences. While I do not believe in fate I do believe on the power of choices. My instincts tell me the path of pain must be followed. What happens after that event is unknown but I believe deep down that we must not divert from the path for now."

Through the bond as always she knew how he felt about matters. He was not looking forward to the future as it was but at the same time he was resolute in his decision. Myth had always been able to trust his instincts, and in this case they were screaming at him.

"I'm not sure if I have much time to spend here mel'amin. I was able to make arrangements to leave the city for a short period of time but it seems I have inherited a mantel I was not prepared for upon my declaration at the ceremony."

She would feel the sadness creep into his heart as his thoughts shifted gears to the day he spoke to his father.

"As I have often spoken I have a brother, Jerrin. Well to be more accurate I had a brother named Jerrin. He took to the field as commander of the army in my absence and in the end was mortally wounded while on campaign. It was by his wish that I be allowed to undergo the ceremony to prove myself. Sadly this means that I am now the crown prince and future Speaker." Myth let out a long sigh.

"This puts me in a difficult position do to my personal views, those of my father, and the other nobles. Even before I left I was a bit outspoken about how things were run in the elven nations. My views were not positive ones in the eyes of the noble houses... I have one month to do what I can before I am required to appear before the speaker and the houses again. Sooner would be better but I have a month at most before a trip to Sylvanost is required. After tha I am not to sure of what I will be free to do anymore."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:08 am

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Maleelf

Aeolis smiled at Ceridwyn. He wasn’t sure what was going through that mind of hers as she sat there boring holes through him, but now, when he heard her speak, he knew.

”It is simple, really. If the powers that be will not listen to reason, we take our plea to the ones who will. The citizens of Sivanost. And Qualinost. And Kaganost. As you have stated, no one promised an easy life. And this will not be easy, but they cannot ignore the fact the Dark Queen attempted to attack the Elves, unprovoked. They will be hard pressed to turn the other cheek to this fact. She has hit us hard, where we live. The only place we thought was sacred and untouchable. She has proven we are very much touchable. Once we convince the majority of the populace, we move on to the other races. It will not be easy nor will it happen over night. But it WILL happen. We have to believe that, Ceridwyn. If we do not believe in ourselves, how can others believe in us?”

He suddenly felt very weary and leaned back heavily closing his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again he looked across to her then sipped his tea. He was tired, yes, but there was a determination in his eyes that couldn’t be hidden.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:38 am

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 RayannRed

As Rayann listened to Myth’s words, she closed her eyes and let herself feel his heart and his emotions. He was right, of course. They couldn’t sway from the course of events that were going to take place. It would possibly jeopardize Kali’s very existence. And that was something Rayann was not about to do.

Knowing Myth was not happy about the path they would have to walk, she found some comfort knowing he shared the same heartache she did knowing what their future would hold. They would endure for it was the only way they could insure their daughter’s life would be spared. It would be the knowledge they know Kali will be safe, albeit for the most part, and would return to them that would help them through the darkest moments following her abduction.

Myth would feel Rayann’s emotions and know she was heartbroken they would have to continue on this path but he would also know she was resolved to the fact they couldn’t change things now. He would also know it was her love for him and Kali that would give her the strength she would need when the moment came when their daughter would be taken away form them.

Feeling the sadness that slipped into her beloved’s heart, Rayann sat up and looked over at Myth as he explained what happened to Jerrin. Holding his hand firmly within her own, she felt the loss he felt knowing his brother had died. Placing her free hand on his cheek, she let her eyes hold his as he told her their time here was precious and short and the fact they would most likely not have many moments like this again.

The love she felt for him shone through her lavender depths. Her face lit up in a loving smile as she refused to let the sadness she felt at knowing their lives were about to be uprooted reach him. There would be time later for sadness. Right now, there was only joy and she would let him feel that from her.

~What ever the future holds for us, mel’amin, I know we will always have each other. While I know our times together will be precious and few, I will cherish each and every moment I have with you and hold it close to my heart. Just as I hold you close to my heart.~

Taking his hand and bringing it to her face, she closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly into his gentle caress. The calluses she felt on his hands reminded her of just how diligently he trained and continued to stay true to his warrior heart. Opening her eyes, she let her gaze settle on his piercing emerald eyes.

~I love you with every ounce of my being, Myth’alas, and nothing will change that. Not even the absence of your presence. I will look forward to the times we can steal away and when we are apart, you will not be so far that we cannot feel our hearts beating with each others.~

Taking the hand she brought to her face, she lowered it to where he could feel her heart beating steady and placed her free hand over his heart as well. He would be able to feel each of their heartbeats individually within him just as she could feel them within her.

~Our lives will take different directions but we will always, always come back to each other no matter what. It's what brought us together in the first place.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:40 pm

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Pirabanner

Piramay could only chuckle lightly as she clasped her fingers around the ball of flame snuffing it out of existence. The thought of the Queen dangling Rorie's magic in front of him like a carrot amused her to no end, but it was the same for all that the queen held dominion over. If you were foolish enough to let her have that much control over you then you got what you deserved. Admitedly while Rorie's plight amused her it also disgusted her.

"If not for the fact she wouldn't let him I would advise the man to take his own life." her disdain was quite evident in her tone. It was no secret what she thought of the situation of the broken twin.

Standing from her chair Pirmay stood before the fire stretching her arms. The light of the flames illuminated the slender form hidden within the robes. Everything about her was meant to draw a certain degree of attention, from the make of her robes to the sway of her hips. She was the flame and others were the moths. She derived a great deal of pleasure from causing distraction among the less discplined disciples of the queen.

Fifth however was one of very few men that she did not try to apply her charm to. The necromancer had proven more than once he was capable of resisting despite some of her more concerted efforts. It was something she could actually admire about the man. She was not easily impressed but Fifth never seemed to disappoint. She could respect him as an equal which is more than she could say about most of the weilders of the queen's magic.

Lowering her amrs once more there was the ever present twinkle in her eye as Fifth mentioned their plans.

"Ridding ourselves of that nnuasance could be as easy as setting him against the prince or his niece. I'm certain his sister would have a hard time ending his life but the other two I'm not to certain of. Kali knows the importance of taking the more strategic route, and Myth already made an attempt on his life once. Tis a shame Kali chose to save her uncle's poor life."

she scratched her chin lightly "Most likely we'll have to take a different approach though. Letting the family do the work for us leaves to many unknown variables to take into account. Risks do have great rewards but they do not always pay off.... I suppose this will require more thought and planning."
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:26 am

Myth knew that Rayann was doing her best to provide him comfort and keep his spirits up. He remembered once an age ago he had asked his father what it was that love felt like. He recalled the disappointment he displayed when his father said it was something that could not be accurately described by any words known to the mortal world. As he sat there listening to the combined heart beats of Rayann and himself he felt he truly understood what his father meant. It felt like an amalgamation of several things all at once.

With a sigh he opened his eyes once more offering a bright smile when Rayann looked up at him. The feelings she radiated for him were returned in kind. His training and meditation brought peace to his mind and body, but Rayann brought peace to his soul. Looking back upon the time before he met this woman he saw himself as an incomplete walking shell. Now he felt whole and for once at true peace within himself.

"The strength of our bond shall ensure that what you have spoken is true. I would tear down the walls of the dark palace itself if I had to."

A brief thought surfaced and reluctantly Myth placed a finger upon Rayann's lip as he slipped her off his lap. The look on her face was so priceless Myth wished he could freeze time to draw it. With quick steps he entered into main room and headed to his things. His mother had left him a gift that had left him most perplexed when he found it. Myth had almost forgotten that his mother was something of a seer and now it made perfect sense to him.

Digging around he found a strange box that looked like a rolled up leaf and pulled it out. Checking the contents he could only shake his head muttering something to himself. With long steps he stepped out onto the balcony once more with a smile as radiant as the sun. His hands remained behind his back keeping the object in his hands from view as well as the thoughts in his mind were hidden. The perplexed look he saw made him smile all the more as the box was slid into his belt to free up his hands. He leaned against the railing and looked out over the expanse.

The past months have been quite enjoyable, and filled with every kind of challenge and danger
. Some we were able to take down head on and others blindsided us with no remorse, but somehow we have managed to endure. Between our wills and our love we have managed to overcome a great deal."

He scratched his chin lightly as he carefully chose his words. "There was a rain soaked night in a cave in the middle of gods only knows where that you were faced with a difficult choice. You chose to take a leap of faith and place trust in me at a time were you could very well have left me to the wolves and the wrath of the goddess I served. That choice has enriched my life in ways I could never imagined and opened my eyes to a wider world. As I stated to the Speaker of the Stars you are my guiding light that has corrected my path and for that I am eternally greatful."

Myth pushed himself from the balcony edge and walked up tot he swing a smile still present on his face. He locked his eyes with Rayann's violet gaze and looked deeply within her being. His emerald eyes seemed to look through her physical being right to the spark of her soul. The few times he had fixed her with this stare their lives took on a drastic change. The first time was when she chose to break from Rorie and strike out on her own and the second was that night in the caverns.

"The time has come for me to ask you to make another leap of faith. As you have said our lives are about to take us on a most unprecedented journey and where the journey may lead us is unknown. However I would ask of you to take on a journey every bit as great as that set before us by the gods."

Reaching behind his back he drew forth the leaf looking box. Placing his thumbs on the top the folds of the leaf pulled away revealing a small ring. The band itself was made of braided silver and mithral, and the setting was a light colored metal molded into the shape of two leaves with a star-burst in the center. Mounted upon the star-burst was a sun diamond. Myth carefully grasped the ring with two fingers and dropped down holding it out to Rayann.

"Rayann Padraig of Glen Durel... I ask of you to join me on the greatest journey that two lovers can embark upon. I would like you to be my wife."

Myth knew in his mind that this would have long standing repercussions among his people but those who focused on such things were to short sited. He was willing to endure for Rayann's sake.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:59 am

As Myth pried himself away from her, Rayann thought it was strange indeed but when he returned, it was even stranger. Where as a few moments ago, he was completely open to her and now, she couldn’t read anything. Not one thought, not one emotion, not one clue that would let her know what he was doing.

Listening to him talk, Rayann knew what ever was about to happen was something of great importance. Myth never spoke so much unless it was important and the more he talked, the more Rayann realized this was more important than she realized. All sorts of thoughts slid through her mind now. And none of them all that comforting.

Her heart beat picked up, her breathing became a little more shallow and her eyes grew wide as she tried to figure out what it was he was doing. When he mentioned the cave the night the truth was revealed, she felt her heart thud in her chest and start beating even faster. That night was the turning point in their lives. A night she would never forget. And to hear him explain it from his point of view, Rayann felt a lump forming in her throat.

When he turned and pinned her with his intense gaze, her mouth suddenly went dry and she couldn’t help but swallow. As he asked her to make the leap of faith then produced something from behind his back, Rayann’s eyes darted to the object then back to his gaze. The smile he possessed had been one she had seen a few times since their feelings for each other came full circle and as she noticed the smile, she also felt her body begin to tremble slightly.

Pulling the ring form the box and dropping down before her as she sat on the swing, Rayann felt tears sting her eyes and she blinked rapidly to prevent them from falling. Her eyes slid to the ring and she saw how delicately beautiful it was and understood the significance of what the ring meant. When the words were finally spoken and Myth asked Rayann to marry him, her eyes slowly slipped back up to his.

Her hands reached out to gently cup the hand that held the ring before her. Those tears she was trying so hard not to let fall were ignoring her and now welled up threatening to spill at any moment. As in the past, when she spoke this time, she did so verbally knowing the importance of this moment.

”I know what you ask me is not an easy thing for you to do considering the fact we are of two races. And I know you thought about this a great deal before you came to me. Nothing you do is ever on a whim. It’s that, and so much more, that I love about you. While I never truly expected this moment to happen between us, now that it is, I feel as though I’m dreaming.”

Rayann knew the issues Myth would have to deal with because of their union. And she also knew he would long outlive her yet he was still willing to live her life with her. It pained her to know he would watch her grow old while he maintained almost as he was right now. Some would call her selfish but all Rayann knew was that her love for Myth was stronger than prejudices. Taking a deep breath, Rayann nodded slightly as she smiled lovingly at him.

”Yes, Myth’alas Thel’Raden. I would be honored to be your wife.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:44 pm

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 FifthBanner

Fifth watched Piramay, she was trying to weave her charms, maybe not necessarily at him, but certainly following her pattern of the sultry death dealer she knew she was. He looked past it as he usually did, it was her mannerism and he respected the fact that she used every tool in her arsenal to get what she needed from whom she needed it.

“I agree, Rayann won’t off the poor bastard. Regarding Kali I have my doubts, she saved him once which suggests she might do it again. The curious thing that is still rolling around my head is why she saved him. Perhaps there is a stronger family tie than originally anticipated. Rumor has it she is now wearing Lunitari’s robes which creates a much more interesting paradox in the scheme of things. If she has truly switched to neutrality it’s hard to say how she will respond.”

He looked over at Piramay knowing she would have knowledge of his exact thoughts, neutrality acted on behalf of the whole rather than the individual which means Kali would kill Rorie should it be for the greater good, but she would spare him if it would upset the balance of things. Neutrality could never be truly predicted.

“I suggest that we wait and let things unravel on their own for a while before we get involved, if we wait and observe the time to strike will reveal itself, and you and I will reap the greatest benefit, namely, a kingdom of our own.”

He smiled a thin sneer that spoke to his point, the dividing of Krynn for he and Piramay to share.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 KaliRed

Kali had awoken and was making her way to the balcony when she saw her father speaking to her mother. She could not hear the conversation but she could see that whatever they were discussing was a serious matter. She sat and watched in silence as Rayann’s eyes welled up and then let loose the tears she was obviously trying to hold back. The flood of emotions emanating from them was palpable and then she saw Myth produce an engagement ring.

She clasped her hand over her own mouth to muffle the sobs of happiness, and it occurred to her that she was probably the very first, technically unborn individual in existence to witness the engagement of her own parents. She laughed as she cried and watched her parents embrace one another. Her half-Elven eyesight was keen and she looked at the ring, it was simply elegant and beautiful, worthy of the finger it encircled and her thoughts drifted to Nol, was she to follow in her mother’s destiny of marrying an individual that would out live her? She shoke her head at her own silliness, to dare let ones thoughts drift to such things when there was so much war and death going on.

As her parents separated she stood and walked to the balcony, smiling, obvious tears on her cheeks, “Well, it looks like I might officially come to be now.” She walked over and embraced both her parents at the same time, squeezing them and feeling the connection that existed between them. She stepped back and took her mother’s hand, looking down at the ring to give it an even closer inspection.

With a warm smile she spoke as she looked back up to her mother’s eyes, “Well it appears as though tonight’s dinner is not only out first family meal together but also a feast of celebration!”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Myth's ears had twitched as they registered the sound of Kali's sobs and laughter. He had not expected to see his daughter but was delihted to know she was nearby. He was curious how it felt to witness something she would likely have only ever dreamt about, but Myth knew that was something of a stretch. Still her presence brought a smile to his face.

When Kali joined them Myth still felt strange feeling the life bond between the three of them. He never knew such a thing could exist between people but life had proven to holld many surprises for him as of late. Feint thoughts of the conflict in the tower still haunted his mind but they were a far off memory he tried best to ignore.

With a smile Myth spoke up "Yes... we have a great deal to celebrate this evening... I think I will leave those preperation to more worthy people though." he chuckled lightly.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm

When Rayann felt Kali’s presence, she turned to see their daughter coming to the balcony. Wiping the tears away from her eyes, Rayann was smiling so much her cheeks began to ache but she couldn’t stop. As Kali embraced both of her parents, and her father for the first time, Rayann suddenly felt as thought eh circle was complete now. The haunting future was pushed away for now as she allowed herself this magical moment with her future husband and her daughter.

As Myth announced he would let the dinner preparations be handled by more capable hands, Rayann chuckled as well and nodded to both of them.

”Yes. We have a something else to celebrate other than just being a family. And Kali and I will gladly handle those details.”

As Kali studied the ring, Rayann couldn’t help but study its delicate details as well. It was the most beautiful piece of jewelry Rayann had ever seen and she knew she would be more than honored to wear it on her finger for as long as she breathed air. Looking up at Myth once more, she embraced him lovingly and kissed his cheek tenderly before she gently pressed her forehead to his and closed her eyes then spoke in missive to him.

~I didn’t think I could ever be any happier but once more, you’ve proven me wrong. And I’m so glad for that.~

Slowly pulling away, Rayann looked up into his handsome face and smiled brightly again before she turned to Kali.

~So, daughter of ours, what do you propose we have for dinner this wonderful evening?~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:16 am

Piramay purred lightly with a devilish grin upon her face. Their skills as casters and their desire for power had made them allies. She was fairly certain that Fifth saw her as a means to an end just as she saw him. However they both understood the importance of solidarity in their shared goals. The failing of many in their position was the misguided notion that once a goal was achieved that the person who helped attain that goal was expendable. The plans that Fifth and her were laying out left no room for such notions. The reward in the end would justify the expense. That familiar twinkle was still present in her eye as she smoothed her robes.

She was not the most patient person in the lands of Krynn but Fifth had taught her that the rewards were worth the frustration. They had bided their time and laid out the groundwork guiding people with subtle hands down the paths as they needed to. Rorie himself had been a most useful tool in furthering their research. The ambient magic was a magnificent find but not the true goal. Rorie had unknowingly found something better. Still just thinking of the mage soured her thoughts.

"The possibility of the girl going to Lunatari could be considered a mixed blessing. On one side of the coin it removes her from being directly in our path. Without her presence it makes it easier for us to look for a replacement conduit since the mistress had Nim'Sul removed from the game."

Piramay recalled arguing against the need to kill the mage but the broken one had made such a compelling argument that the queen had agreed and made the decision absolute. Yet another sore spot Pira had with the mage but she cast the thought aside as she walked to her table staring down at a game board with a series of pieces made of obsidian and alabaster laid out. Looking carefully for several moments she reached down picking up an obsidian stone piece moving it across the board to remove one of the alabaster ones.

"And so the game continues...." she looked up smiling.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:05 am

Kali smiled as her parents bantered and she turned looking at her mother with a look of surprise on her face. Then she went flush as she looked down slightly, “The truth is Mother, I have never really cooked a meal. I mean, I can cook, sort of, but there were always people around to do that so I only had to do the basics…” She managed a timid smile and shrugged slightly, “So I guess I am up for whatever, so far this place has always just provided what we wanted.”

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 NolBanner

Just as she finished the sound of massive beating wings could be heard and Nol appeared, circling the tower in his magnificent silver dragon form. He swooped in low and transformed into his human form, rolling in a summersault and stood upright staring at the three of them, his shimmering silver hair falling perfectly straight to the small of his back. He was wearing a fine tunic and black pants, the glowing twin blades on his hips. As soon as he noticed Myth he approached and bowed his head respectfully to the Elf. Myth’s abilities were legend and Nol knew of the man’s ability to wield a blade. “Lord Myth, I am Nol’Lore Silverclaw of the Clan Palinthos, Servants of Paladine. It is an honor to finally meet you face to face. I apologize that I took your daughter without your permission last evening but the stars were just right for her to see the islands at night.” He looked up directly into Myth’s eyes and smiled, Myth would know that a dragon apologizing for his actions was a rare thing, and there must be a deeper meaning behind it, a longer term plan so to speak. Nol extended his right hand in friendship to Myth and spoke, “I just want you to know that I would never take Kali out unless I intended to protect her with my own life.”

Kali instantly blushed as red as her robes when Nol made his statement and she turned to Rayann, biting her lip slightly and half grinning. Nol had managed a small sideward’s glance as she turned away but immediately relocked his eyes on Myth. “Well Mother, I guess it’s time for you and me to… um… go start preparing that dinner!”

Kali tucked her arm under Rayann’s and swiftly escorted her off the balcony and towards the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:48 am

For as long as she lived, Rayann swore she would never get used to having the sound of those large wings so close to her proximity. As the silver dragon approached and circled the tower, she took a small step back. When the dragon transformed into his humanoid form Rayann let her eyes glance from Klai to Nol then back again.

As Nol introduced himself to Myth, Rayann felt her daughter’s reaction to the dragons arrival and quickly closed off that connection so she didn’t invade her daughters privacy. As Kali hooked her elbow around her mother’s and quickly escorted her off the balcony, Rayann gave Myth a smile, but her eyes told him she was just as puzzled as he was.

Once they were off the balcony, Rayann looked down at Kali and saw the flush in her cheeks and smiled knowingly. Once they were in the kitchen, Rayann looked around for a moment then looked back to Kali.

~I knew I should have paid more attention to mama when she was in the kitchen. Like you, I’m not all that familiar with things on a grand scale in this room.~

Glancing out at the balcony then back to Kali, Rayann smiled even more.

~However….we do have quite the kitchen at our disposal. Let’s put a menu together and then have it brought to us.~

As the women put their heads together, they finally came up with a meal that was rather nice. Making sure some things were included specifically for Myth and then for each of them, Rayann knew it would be just a little while before the meal would be ready.

Seeing Nol and Myth were still engaged in conversation on the balcony, she looked over at Kali then.

~You know, I have yet to see your rooms. Mind giving me a tour? I’d love to see how your rooms differ from my own if at all.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:17 am

She stood in the kitchen with her Mother and could only burst out in belly laughter as they stared at each other, dumb founded. “So much for women belong in the kitchen, eh?” She listened as Rayann made her suggestions and when they had settled on a menu she smiled cheerfully.

She stole a glance at Nol, he was a fantastic specimen and she couldn’t begin to explain the feelings she was experiencing, never in all her days had she felt any interest towards a male, and now she was falling for a dragon. She inhaled and tried to press the anxiety out of her mind as she turned her attention back to her Mother. “My goodness, sure let’s go down to my room.” There was the small part of her that was glad to be out of Nol’s sight. She was so confused and unconditioned for these feelings. She was torn, there was a war on, she was going to be in battle and there was of course the chance she would be killed, was it the time for romance on any level? Even infatuation?

She touched her mother’s arm and they instantly transported to her room. It was large, a huge bed covered in black sheets and fine wool blankets sat in the center of the longest interior wall. From the bed if one sat up and looked out there were a panoramic set of curved windows that went end to end along the whole outer wall. It was very airy and open with minimal furniture. Rayann would notice there was little more than a bed and a bedside table. The room looked even larger with the absence of furnishings. There was a door to the side of one of the beds which looked like it was the closet and another door on the opposite end that lead to the washroom. Kali looked at Rayann and smiled timidly, “I am trying to live with little. For so long I was taught that luxury was the only way to live and I realize it is so superficial and wrong, besides this isn’t home… Glen Durel is.”

She looked around and Rayann would feel the flood of emotions and thoughts going through Kali’s head. It was a sensation she would have felt only a couple times since their reunion. It was as if her thoughts were a fog, but there was clarity. Her mind was moving with so many thoughts so quickly that Rayann wouldn’t be able to even keep up with what was what and finally Kali snapped her head and looked Rayann dead in the eyes. “Our ancestors deserve more than for their home to be turned to a place of evil… It’s time that we take back what is ours! Besides, there is not more appropriate place for you and Dad to be wedded!” Rayann would see the look on Kali’s face, this was not a question or a suggestion, she would see that Kali was going, no matter what, and the pleading for her mother to join her was in her eyes, however there was no question as to Kali’s feelings on the matter, this was something she had to do.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:30 am

Rayann studied Kali’s room and was a little disconcerted when she saw how sparsely furnished it was. Not that Rayann was one for material things but there were some things she thought Kali would like. Perhaps, she thought, a gift on her birthday. Something unique and made especially for her. That’s when Rayann realized she didn’t even know when her birthday would be. Yet.

Shaking those thoughts from her head, she looked over at Kali and felt the flood of emotions as well as the stream of jumbled thoughts that rushed through Kali’s mind. When Kali looked at Rayann she saw the determination in her eyes and felt the finality in her thoughts. As Kali let her know what it was she was thinking, Rayann blinked and shook her head.

~Kali….I know what you are trying to do but we could be facing a potential ambush of enemy forces. I’m not sure what was done to Papa’s tower, but what ever it was, it was bad enough to where the tower itself was trying to protect me.~

Seeing the set of her daughter’s jaw, Rayann knew there would be no dissuading her from this task. With a sigh, Rayann stepped over to Kali and tucked some hair behind her ear then let her hands rest on her shoulders and smiled softly.

~We’ll head there after breakfast. It would be a good idea to bring your father along as well. It would be a good chance for us to learn how the three of us will work together.~

Leaning closer, Rayann kissed Kali’s forehead then pulled back and smiled at her again.

~I’ll break the news to your father during dinner. His time with us is limited so we’ll have to try and do what needs to be done as quickly as possible.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Kali looked at her mother as she approached and when she spoke into her mind she nodded in agreement. She spoke again, using missive still forgetting this was her mother’s preferred way to communicate.

~ ‘We will tell him, together. I know that this is not an easy task and includes incredible risk, but the best things in life come to those who fight, and fighting for what is ours is a noble task, besides, Rorie taught me more than even he knows, having access to someone’s mind without their knowledge has its advantages at times. I am confident I can get into the tower.’ ~

She smiled and winked at her mother, and Rayann would see a sparkle in the young girl’s eye, a glimmer of self assurance and hidden knowledge. There was obviously a lot more rolling around in Kali’s head than she had told, of course, they had only been together about a week so there hadn’t been an awful lot of time for pouring out their souls. She leaned forward and pressed her forehead to Rayann’s and then turned, reaching behind and grabbing Rayann’s hand. They transported to the top most level at the dining table, Nol and Myth were still engaged in conversation all the way across the great room that spanned the top most tower floor. Rayann would instantly feel the emotional flood hit Kali’s mind the instant her eyes were on Nol. Kali could feel Rayann starting to shut down the connection between them again and she spoke in missive to her mother, ~ ‘Please don’t place those barriers between our emotions anymore… I need you to know what I am feeling so you can help me sort all this out.’ ~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:20 pm

The more time Rayann spent around Kali, the more she was learning about her daughter. And she loved it. It was giving her some keen insight to her daughter and what she could do. And what Rayann could learn from her as well as hopefully Kali could learn from her as well. It was strange, really, knowing this was her daughter through and through but she had yet to give birth to the child. That thought brought a sense of sadness to Rayann that she quickly pushed aside. No. Now was not the time to dwell on what will happen. Now was the time to dwell on what they had right here, right now, in this moment.

When Kali transported them back to the upper level and Rayann felt the emotions Kali was feeling when she looked to Nol, Rayann once more began to shut things down but when Kali asked her not to, Rayann looked over at Kali and blinked. With a slight nod, Rayann did as her daughter bid her to do.

~Very well. I’ll leave it up to you to close down that connection when you feel the need to. I didn’t want to have you think I was invading your privacy, Kali. It’ the last thing I want. But I can tell you I’m very happy you have chosen to include me in this particular time in your life this way.~

Looking at Nol as he spoke with Myth, she spoke again in missive to her daughter.

~He is quite the handsome specimen. I can see why you are so taken with him. And he has certainly lavished his attention upon you. And I can tell he isn’t being curious. He’s truly taken with you.~

Rayann looked to Kali then and smiled softly.

~The best advice I can give you is this. The heart wants what the heart wants. We’re helpless against it. Love is something that happens only once in a lifetime. Twice if you are lucky. But don’t let things from your past shroud any possible future you could have at being happy. Life’s too short to not be happy. Embrace it. It might hurt from time to time, yes, but the hurt never stays long enough to be remembered.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

She listened to her mother as she watched Nol’Lore. She turned and looked at Rayann after she finished talking and she nodded. It was obvious by the thoughts running through Kali’s head that she was indeed conflicted about her past and the things she had done, about the, dragons she had killed as part of her trials. Their elegant faces mangled by her spells, tongues laying between the dagger like teeth as their blood flowed across the dark marble floor of Tahkisis own throne room. Obviously those were blue dragons, evil to the core and devoted to Tahkisis in all manners, the truth was she wasn’t even sure if they were real, as it was a test of trials they could have been illusion simply to test her reaction and speed, but deadly in that they would have killed her.

~ ‘You are right, my past is exactly that, behind me…. But still, the sins of our decisions linger in our minds with us, despite any new path we choose to walk. There is a part of me that wants to hold on however, to keep myself sharp I must remember that I am no longer what I was, and I want to remember simply so I can avoid those mistakes in the future.’ ~ She inhaled deeply and looked back at Nol, he was splendid in appearance and she could not help but smile that he had chosen to make an attempt to connect with her. She let her thoughts drift a moment and a thin smile curled on her lips as she spoke in missive again to Rayann, ~ ‘So how long do I let him linger before I succumb to his wants?’ ~
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Rayann was proud of the maturity Kali was showing. The child had been through so much already, she really had no choice. Still, Rayann felt a pang of regret knowing her childhood was not the one Rayann and Myth would have given her. Rayann was just glad there was enough within Kali to reach and get to this point in the life they shared already.

~Forgive, Kali. But never forget. It’s our past experiences that teach us how to deal with things in our future. We just can’t let what happened prevent us from embracing what we have. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. It’s an old saying my father used to say all the time. I never really knew what he meant until I grew older. Then I understood perfectly.~

Rayann couldn’t help but laugh out loud when Kali asked her the question. When Nol and Myth both glanced towards the women, Rayann merely smiled at them.

~Now that one is easy.~

Rayann looked at Kali and it was her turn to show a twinkle in her lavender depths.

~For as long as it takes.~

Seeing the confused look Kali gave her mother, Rayann chuckled again.

~Your heart will let you know, Kali. Don’t be afraid to let go. Just know someone will always be there to catch you. If none other than yourself.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Kali smiled as her mother talked and as they laughed and the two gentlemen on the balcony looked their direction she covered her mouth and looked back at Rayann.

~ ‘I will let him linger a while longer.’ ~ She winked and took her mothers hand, sitting at the table some tea instantly appeared before them and Kali belly laughed again… “I suppose there is just not going to be any getting used to this place.”

She grabbed the pot and poured herself and Rayann cup of the delicious smelling honey tea, picking up her cup and sipping she inhaled deeply a breath of satisfaction, “It’s the little things…” She clasped her mouth over her hand and laughed again, almost spitting out her tea, “I am starting to sound like Ceridwyn. Hey, speaking of which, she might be a great person to bond you and dad! I mean, anyone can do it really but it would not only give me chance to talk to her but a wizard of the white robes talking you through the vows, that could be very special.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Rayann shook her head and fixed her tea.

~I’ve never spent any time around dragons so I tend to agree with you on that one. It’s almost scary how they are so in tuned with us at times. Kind of makes me a little leery of just how much they DO know what we’re doing up here.~

Glancing at the men, her cheeks grew warm and she could only imagine the flush of her face as that particular thought took a rather…personal…turn. When Kali started laughing again and almost spewed tea, Rayann chuckled as well.

~She’d be rather proud to know you picked up on SOMETHING of her habits.~

As Kali suggested Ceridwyn be the one to perform the ceremony, Rayann sipped her tea in silent contemplation then nodded.

~I think that would be a splendid idea. I’ve never really witnessed a wedding before so I haven’t the foggiest as to what the specifics are all about. I was usually so enthralled with my studies I never had the chance to attend one. But I have heard they are quite beautiful to witness.~

She glanced out on the balcony at Myth then and smiled lovingly.

~I would like it to be special. Your father is a practical man but I also know for him to ask me to marry him took a great deal of courage. Not only to anticipate my answer but to know his people will not be particularly happy. But, as I said…..~

She looked back to Kali and smiled brightly.

~….the heart wants what the heart wants. Not even your father can fight that.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Kali followed her mother’s gaze and nodded quietly as Rayann spoke. When she mentioned how ‘his people’ would feel she could not help but be stricken with a sad feeling, she was among the outcasts of two races. Half-Elves were generally unaccepted but either Humans or Elves. Ultimately it didn’t bother her, she had always made her own way and the opinions of other didn’t matter, but being the bastard of two races was a strange feeling and she smiled in reassurance as she looked at Nol, there was no doubt in her mind that she wouldn’t have to worry about such things. She didn’t know how she knew, but she knew.

She turned and looked at Rayann, smiling softly and sipping her tea again. There was the lingering question, just what were her Father and Nol talking about. She didn’t figure it was warrior type stuff, though Nol looked like he could handle himself quite brilliantly as a swordsman, the swords that hung on his hips looked absolutely deadly as much as they looked beautiful. Their soft glow only enhanced his muscular form and she shoke her head thinking about the devastation he could surly unleash if he so desired. She spoke in missive as she slowly brought her gaze back to her mother’s, ~ ‘It’s amazing how calm things get before the storm. I mean, we are sitting here sipping delicious tea, watching the conversation of the men in our lives and tomorrow we will be in battle, possibly even dead. It’s so strange how life takes us along these paths and how we have to constantly find our footing and hope we made the right decision.”

Rayann would hear it in her voice, there was absolutely no fear of death. Kali spoke of the possibility of dying like it was simply an outcome with no further consequence beyond the others. There was no feelings attached with the words, no emotion, just the lingering wait that came before action was taken. She could feel that Kali was at peace with her decision to return to Glen Durel, to go into the battle facing an unknown opponent and despite the fact that life and death were both viable results. She smiled warmly to her mother and sipped her tea again, looking over the rim of her cup as her crystal blue eyes sparkled.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Rayann felt the sadness slip into Kali and she knew what had caused it. It was the unfortunate result of the union of two different races. Rayann didn’t care what others thought of her or how they treated her but when it came to the way she knew Kali would be treated, she felt a pang of regret slip through her. She hoped that Kali would see she was a physical product of the love Rayann and Myth had for each other. A perfect union of both human and Elven race.

As her daughter spoke so plainly and unemotional about dieing, Rayann realized this was one of the places they were so vastly different. Rayann had always treasured life. It was what was ingrained in her as she studied under the love of Solinari. Defend at all times. Strike out only when absolutely necessary. Always protect life. But Kali was taught the exact opposite. This is where Rayann hoped they could find middle ground and become the true servants of Lunitari the goddess needed them to be.

Rayann hoped she would be able to be as calm about accepting death as he daughter was. Right now, she was not in the same place Kali was. Especially knowing how dangerous it would be for her daughter should something happen to her tomorrow. Kali’s entire existence depended on Rayann surviving to the point when the child was born. Still she managed to smile at her daughter and nod.

~That’s the toughest part of being magi, believe it or not. Especially now, for us. We’re stepping into uncharted waters for both of us. Finding that middle ground will not be easy for us. If we swing too far left or right, we could upset the balance of things again. Only thing we can do is put our faith in our Goddess and know she will provide us with what we need.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:25 pm

5:  Family Ties - Page 3 FifthBanner

Fifth walked to Piramay and a thin grin crossed his scarred face. His eyes reflected the flame red of her hair and he whispered, “I have found the source of all magic. It is not the moons, or the gods, but an ancient movement of energy, infinite, neither intrinsically evil or good, it simply exists and it is the same source of power that the gods themselves draw from. They too do not understand the truest secrets of magic, but their ability to tap the power and then distribute it is what makes them who and what they are. If we can bypass them completely and tap the source ourselves, we can supersede them, shatter the moons and become the only magic users on all of Krynn. Then you, phoenix, mistress of flame, can rule however you wish.”

He stepped back and looked her dead in the eyes. “Tahkisis is a fool, she believes that by distributing ambient magic she is destroying divine magic, the fact is, only by shattering the moons can we destroy divine magic, or at least the conduit through which magic is channeled to Krynn. But if we create a new conduit, if we open the rift and create our own source of power our ability to wield magic will be limited only by our own minds. For years I have been able to increase my power without being spoon fed by Tahkisis. When I broke into the library of Palanthas and stole the midnight scrolls I was enlightened to a magic that none on Krynn have ever wielded. It is believed to be too strong for any mortal to control, but I have found a way, but it requires a conduit to channel the power through. I theorize that if three towers were constructed, one of flame, one of shadow, and one of shadow and flame, we could channel the power necessary to achieve our goal. I can’t do this alone, I cannot wield the necessary spells to create the rift I need to bring the magic through,” he leveled his gaze on her, “but you my phoenix, can. Once the towers are created it will take both of us to control them at first, but once the power is stabilized we will both become infinitely more powerful than we have ever dreamed.”

He stepped back and watched her reaction. Piramay was often unpredictable but Fifth knew her better than any other creature on Krynn, ultimately she, like himself, craved power. He was not dangling a carrot, he was offering to place the carrot in her hand, to partner with him and become co-authors of a new magic that could dominate Krynn not just by its very introduction but if controlled and funneled correctly could shift the balance of power to them and them alone.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Piramay listened patiently as Fifth spoke of his discovery. She recalled the days of seclusion after he had broken into the library of Palanthas. Her curiosity had been peaked about what the necromancer had found while on his outuing but she had never bothered to ask about it. She had learned that Fifth would only tell someone about something if he felt it necessary. The fact he was divulging this to her spoke volumes to her.

She frowned slightly before speaking "You risk much simply speaking the mistress' name Fifth. Simply speaking her name warrants her to focus a acet of her being upon what a person says..."

her frown faded soon replaced by a coy smile "However you know this better than most. Which means you have taken precautions to keep this conversation quiet from prying ears." she waved a finger at him "Someone has been busy..."

Leaning against her table she folded her arms in front of her. "It explains the strange sensation that fell over the room when you entered... you layed out a rather potent masking spell. I admit this impresses me to no small degree."

The offer layed out before her was beyond tempting. If this offer were being made by any other mage she would have seduced the necessary information from them before incinerating them on the spot. The fact that this was coming from Fifth told her to consider the options carefully. If he said he needed help then she knew it to be true. His power was substantial and for him to even need help was evidence enough that he was on to something.

"To say this will require some planning and a grat deal of for thought would be an understatemnt. However knowing you as I do you've already started laying things out."

She absently played witht eh ring of frost resistence on her finger as she smiled "What do we need to do?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5: Family Ties
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next