Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

5: Family Ties

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

5:  Family Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:57 pm

5:  Family Ties CeriBanner

After her conversation with The Ranger, Kwinn, Ceridwyn went back to her domicile in the royal quarter. She was still uncomfortable being in this part of the city, but her position was such that she didn’t have a choice. She looked around the lavishly decorated home and she felt guilty that so many on Krynn had so little and she was surrounded with so much.

She went to her dressing closet and removed her pristine white clothing. She removed the blood stained robe and looked at them again with sadness. She bit her lip in frustration, and her stomach churned a little, knowing that she needed to go and confront Aeolis. Behind the bars of the cell he wouldn’t be able to harm her, and she could get the information she needed without the opportunity for him to attack again.

Dressing and putting on an older, back up set of robes she looked at herself in the mirror. These robes just didn’t fit the same, she was uncomfortable in her own clothes, but she was still in the color of her god, and as she pinned his crest on the front to pull the robes together she managed a small smile, knowing that clothes were just clothes in the end.

She cast blink and appeared in the gate house of the prison area. The guards, startled, all stepped back at her sudden appearance, but then seeing who it was instantly relaxed. “I need to speak to the prisoner Aeolis.” They four Elves looked at each other and the commander spoke, “Sorry Ceridwyn, orders, now one sees him.” “You soldiers and your damned orders! Do you think I could not have just as easily put myself right in front of his cell?” The four of them looked at one another and the Commander turned, unlocked the main door and opened it for her, knowing she was absolutely right.

She rolled her eyes and brushed past the guards, her tiny frame dwarfed by the guards in their armor. Descending the stairs into the cell block she turned the corner at the bottom and past the two alarm guards seated at the only way in or out. “Excuse me Ma’am,” one of them said as she walked by. She stopped and turned, “I am here to see Aeolis.” One of two opened his mouth and she brought up her finger, pointing up right in his face, “You utter the word ‘orders’ and so help me by the gods I will abuse my magic!” The Elf swiftly shut his mouth and glanced over at his partner who was already busying himself to avoid getting the same glare the other guard had just received.

Spinning on her heals Ceridwyn made her way halfway down and stopped, looking at Aeolis through the heavy bars. The Elves were craftsman in their construction and even these nearly impenetrable bars were ornate in their design. She watched him through the gaps barely a second and she spoke, “You killed me, for all practical purposes. Only by the grace of Mishikal am I standing here. I told you that you were hexed and you didn’t want to believe, but do you believe me now?”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:08 pm

5:  Family Ties Maleelf

Aeolis glanced over at Ceridwyn when he heard her voice. For a moment he looked clearly perplexed then his usual scowl returned and he looked away from her to stare at the wall opposite him.

”The Prince gave strict orders I was to have no visitors. Perhaps you did not receive that memo? Oh wait….you are correct. You were licking your wounds.”

He rubbed his temples again and his brow furrowed even more and he seemed to mumble something before he lowered his hands and the cell filled with the sound of the wrist shackles and chains connecting them rattled hauntingly in the cell.

”Go….away…Ceridwyn. I do not feel like….exchanging idle…..bantering with you.”

Aeolis clenched his jaw tight and closed his eyes as he once more tried to work through the pain in his head. This was maddening. Never had he experienced such pain and he wanted it to just stop.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:13 pm

She stood there, she expected this much, and though she was smaller than the average Elf, her spirit and her resolve were much, much larger. She spoke again, her voice was soft and calm despite feeling all the dark energy that was surrounding Aeolis, “Aeolis… how do you feel?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Aeoli’s head snapped in her direction and it was clear by the look on his face her question took him by surprise but that surprise was quickly masked. Once more turning his head to look at the wall and not her, he spoke.

”My health is none of your concern, Wizard. You were never worried before so do not worry yourself now.”

It was clear he was trying to figure out what she was truly getting at and the buzzing in his head grew louder. How DID he feel? He couldn’t explain it. Not even if he had an endless dictionary of words to choose from, he simply had no way to describe how he felt.

Numb? Deserted? Alone? Isolated? They were all accurate, yes, but none of them hit the nail on the head for exactly how he felt. Even now as he tried to rack his brain for a description the effort was painful and the words simply eluded him the more he concentrated. And the more he concentrated, the worse the pain was feeling.

Closing his eyes, he hit the back of his head once against the wall of the cell and clenched his jaw then uttered something under his breath before his glaring eyes pinned Ceridwyn to where she stood.

”Go away now. I do not wish to see you anymore.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Ceridwyn watched him, and when he glared at her she didn’t feel the least bit intimidated, and it had nothing to do with the bars between them. She simply stood and watched him a while and then spoke, “Something tells me that you are in no position to be making requests Aeolis. I am here to help you, not be an adversary. If you wish me to be I can assure you I am capable of fighting you, but that is not my wish, nor should it be yours, we are part of the kinship of Elves, and though we are not related, we are kin.” They were hard words for her to swallow, she knew in her heart that this was a beautiful notion in theory, but in actuality many Elves lived with so much more than others, Aeolis being among those. They were kin however, that was fact, no matter how individuals might distort and manipulate it. The Elves were so like all the other races on Krynn though most refused to see it, but her perspective of having seen both sides of the coin put her in a unique position to break away from it.

She stepped forward and looked through the bars, her face practically pressed against the cold iron. “Aeolis, talk to me, let me help you get the pain out of your head.” When he turned and looked at her she nodded, “That’s right, I know…, I know everything.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:52 pm

For a moment hope glimmered in his light green depths and it seemed as though he was about to say something to her when he closed his eyes tight again and brought his hands up to his head and squeezed as tight as he could. His voice was shaky and weak sounding now when he spoke.

”Please….leave…Ceridwyn. Just go…”

He suddenly jumped up from the hard bench he was sitting on and began to pace as he fought through the pain in his head clearly becoming agitated by her refusal to leave.

”No one can help me. Not you. Not Tanjee….no one. The sooner you realize that and leave, the better off I will be.”

He stopped pacing and turned to give her a hateful look again.

”Leave.”

When she refused once more he felt a rage fill him and he charged the bars to try and get his hands on her finding his reach was sadly restricted with his shackles.

”You dare defy me? I shall show you why you shall never defy me! You and that bitch of a sister of mine both shall be taught why you do not defy me! EVER!”

The guards came running when they heard Aeolis yelling.

”What happened? Please….Lady Ceridwyn….before he hurts himself or anyone else….you must leave!”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:19 pm

She stood, her feet were anchored to the floor and like a stone pillar she remained. She barely even blinked when he charged the bars and when the guards came running she turned, bringing her hand up, palm towards the guards. They vanished and reappeared in the main room upstairs where the other four guards were stationed. The heavy locks on the door to the dungeon locked and were held tight by magic. The guards banged against the door in response but realized quickly that Ceridwyn was going to get her way, not matter what they did.

She stared at Aeolis, her glistening eyes locked on his own, “You….. will…… control…… him…… no……. LONGER!” She raised her hands and hissed the words of magic, a beam of white light shot forth through the bars and hit Aeolis in the gut. The physical impact was light, but it would send him back a bit. She wrapped her hands and the beam of light solidified like a glowing rope. She dug in her heels and yanked, a shadowy form, wrapped in the light emerged from his chest and hissed at her, clawing against his flesh. The shadow looked like a tentacled, deformed bear, and as it opened it’s jagged toothed mouth and roared the whole room shoke with the sound. Ceridwyn concentrated and the shadow receded back within Aeolis and yanked at her, pulling hard on the magical rope and caused Ceridwyn to rock forward. She yelled, “NO!” and yanked back, hissing more words of magic to reinforce the hold on the shadow fiend.

“Your hold on him is OVER! Release him and return to the shadow!!!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:37 pm

As the light beam hit Aeolis and knocked him back a little, he glanced down at it completely confused for a moment but then the confusion was replaced with sheer anger and Aeolis tried to fight against this light beam that quickly turned into a rope. As the creature that had a hold of Aeolis began to separate from his body and roared, Aeolis screamed in sheer pain. For a moment the look on his face and in his eyes was clear and free of any influence and his light green eyes silently pleaded with the Wizard to do something.

When the fiend gained control of the Elf again and yanked Ceridwyn back towards the bars, Aeolis reached for the White Robe once more determined to get his hands around her throat. The rope of light Ceridwyn had around the shadowy, tentacled bear looking creature roared again causing the whole area to shake with the intensity of it.

As Aeolis’ hands reached through the bars to try and grab a hold of Ceridwyn’s throat, the tentacles of the fiend were more predominant. Just when his fingers would have closed around Ceridwyn’s throat the bear fiend roared again and Ceridwyn could hear the distinct difference between the fiend and Aeoli’s voice separating.

Again the fiend roared and this time the shadowed form could be seen being pulled form Aeolis’ body. This time as Ceridwyn pulled on the rope, Aeolis began to pull back as well. Gritting his teeth, the Elf used all of his strength and finally felt the fiend’s grip let go of him and he fell back a few feet onto the floor of the cell.

His eyes grew wide as he saw the creature that had occupied his body for so long and trembled. He was weak and felt as though he’d just awoken from a terrible nightmare only to witness another one taking place before his eyes as he watched Ceridwyn fight the fiend.

”By the gods….”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:00 pm

The struggle went on for several minutes, the guards above could hear the roar of the creature and they pounded on the door as hard as they could but to no end, Ceridwyn had sealed all out who she didn’t want present.

As Ceridwyn pulled and avoided the tentacles she was losing her grip as well as her strength. Her tiny body was screaming at her to stop whatever she was doing, and she wanted to let go and give up, but her spirit refused to give up Aeolis to this darkness and she heaved as hard as she could, screaming as the creature released and hit the floor. It was half shadow half matter, trying to get through the bars. She fell back as the creature released, landing on her rear end and sliding into the bars behind her. She scrambled to her feet as the monstrosity of nature slowly morphed its way through the bars and clawed at her. A voice that sounded like magma flowing emerged from the creature and spit venom at her, “You will suffer for this Ceridwyn! You will be the second white robe to die in this Elven city! I will not just torture you I will destroy you!”

She locked her stance and removed a lock of horse fur and three sprigs of Vallenwood from her robes, hissing the words of magic she released the reagents between herself and the shadow fiend. A sphere of encasing surrounded the creature and it bashed up against the inside, clawing at Ceridwyn. She stood to her full height and looked at the dark creature, staring it directly in the eyes. Her voice was calm and she spoke barely above a whisper, “You lose.”

She stepped around the prison of light and looked at Aeolis, her eyes were full of compassion and warmth. Her face was filthy from the last five minutes of action but the glow of her Elven beauty still shown through as a small smile appeared on her face. “I will arrange your release as soon as I can.” She began to fade like a cloud being blown off the landscape, the imprisoned creature disappearing with her. Just as she completely disappeared from view the magic faded from the lock on the door above and the six guards smashed the door in, storming down the stairs and coming to a halt in the cell block, looking around in great confusion.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:13 am

Aeolis saw the shadow fiend that had been within him and shuddered. How could he have been so weak as to allow something like this to possess him? Was his heart so hardened he didn’t realize what was happening? As he watched Ceridwyn fade from sight along with the screaming fiend, he reached for her but he wasn’t strong enough.

As the guards finally charged into the area and saw Aeolis lying on the floor, they were unsure what to do at first until he spoke in a weak voice.

”The White Robe saved my life. It is because of her I live. For now.”

His energy spent, Aeolis allowed the black numbness of unconsciousness swallow him whole. His road to redemption and recovery was going to be a long one. If he survived these first crucial hours to make it that far.

Realizing their former commander was not pretending, they quickly unlocked the doors and rushed forward to get him to his cot and summon the healers.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:40 am

5:  Family Ties Healer

Tanjee was checking in on some of the citizen’s of Silvanost when she heard the terrible sounds coming from the holding cell near the guard’s area. Like the rest of the Elves, she was a bit jumpy lately with strange noises and when the sounds of the shrieking could be heard her heart let to her throat. Were the dark forces attacking again? With the Prince gone they were extremely vulnerable.

As she walked out to see what was happening, she saw it was coming only from the one area. Knowing Aeolis was within the place, she began making her way towards the cells. Something told her what was happening had to do with her brother. Perhaps it was the sinking feeling in her stomach. Perhaps it was the sense of foreboding she had. What ever it was it was making her feet move just a little faster.

By the time she was close to the cells the noise had ceased and there was a flurry of activity coming from all directions. Confusion seemed to rule the moment but form the confusion she saw a guard catch site of her and start running towards her.

“M’Lady Tanjee….come at once. It’s Aeolis.”

Tanjee’s hand went to the base of her throat and she gasped as she started moving quickly with the guard.

“Is my brother OK?”

The guard shook his head then nodded.

“I do not know. Ceridwyn visited him and something happened. I am not sure exactly what. All I know is that when we were able to reach him Ceridwyn was gone and he was on the floor of his cell.”

Tanjee’s brow furrowed as she tried to think what Ceridwyn had done to her brother. The wizard was a follower of Solinari so surely she didn’t do anything to hurt her brother. Did she? Of course Aeolis did try to kill her. But she wouldn’t be exacting revenge on him, would she? It was against her code as a White Robe.

The gathered guards parted to allow Tanjee access to her brother’s cell and when she finally saw him lying on his cot she gasped again. He was thin and pale. Dark circles surrounded his eyes and his face was sunken in. He looked like a skeleton covered with a thin layer of skin only.

Blinking, she snapped herself out of her shock and started barking orders.

”Get me some fresh water. And get him out of this armor. Quickly.”

The gathered guards quickly snapped to doing what Tanjee needed and when Aeolis’ armor was removed the full extent of just how bad off he was could easily be seen. His tunic and trousers couldn’t hide the fact he was very, very thin. Dangerously so. The guards whispered among themselves and Tanjee furrowed her brows at them.

”Hush your words. Now is not the time for such things. Bring me candles. He is too critical to move just yet. I will do what I can for him here.”

The guards once more moved to get her candles and within moments she had the water and the cell was awash in the soft light of many candles. Ordering the guards to leave the cell, Tanjee began the process of trying to help restore Aeolis. If she had the ability to do that, of course.

Reaching into her pouch she withdrew some herbs and a mortar and pestle to crush the herbs up fine then add them to the water. Lifting Aeolis’ head, she spoke softly to him telling him he needed to get some of this into his body. It was a struggle but Tanjee was able to get most of it into him. With that done, she began to work her magic, praying her Goddess gave her the strength she needed to bring her brother back form the brink.

Sitting on the cot, she cradled Aeolis’ head in her lap and gently stroked his reddish blond hair as Tanjee closed her eyes and concentrated on using her power on him. A soft light surrounded Tanjee that slowly surrounded Aeoli’s prone form as her lips moved with recited prayers. The process was slow and Tanjee knew she would have to be with Aeolis for quite a few hours but she was determined to do all she could for her brother.

As the hours ticked by slowly, Tanjee never moved form where she sat. Finally the light began to fade and when Tanjee blinked her eyes open, she looked exhausted. She looked at one of the guards and spoke but her voice was so quiet he couldn’t hear her. Moving closer she spoke to him again and he gestured to his other guards. Carefully they lifted Aeoli’s prone form from the cot and gently carried him to his private quarters and laid him on his bed.

Tanjee slowly stood up from the cot and walked a few feet before she collapsed. A guard caught her before she could fall and hurt herself and as he picked her up she whispered something to him. He looked at one of the other guards and barked an order to him.

“Go find Kwinn. Tell him Tanjee has asked for him.”

Three guards quickly left and fanned out to locate the ranger knowing he was not too far away.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:31 am

Ceridwyn stood in the center of the Council Chamber of the White Robes, The gathered looked on as she walked pacing in a circle around the imprisoned shadow fiend.

“Clearly, things have escalated to a level beyond our own comprehension. The Dark Queen is targeting Silvanost, that is certain, but for what strategic reason, we have no idea. Silvanost boasts nothing significant besides a proud race that has purposely isolated themselves from the rest Ansalon. It is not strategically located, there are no resources, so why?”

She looked around the room; she was as puzzled as the rest of the white robe Wizards seated in council. The Shadow Wraith spit and hissed as it continued to claw and tear at the sphere surrounding it. She turned and looked at the hideous creature, and then turned back to the council. “I don’t know if this is a unique creature, specifically conjured for Aeolis, or if there are more implanted in other beings all across our world, but we need to be aware of it, what it is capable of and how to fight them. We are the line, we are the place that will not be crossed, and it is time that all races, Dwarf, Human, Elf, Kender, and Gnome come together, ALL of us are threatened! This necromancy must end. The unnatural perversion of magic has gone too far, and the time for debate is over, direct action is needed to bring peace back to our world.”

The council nodded in agreement and she nodded respectfully, moving to the side. Three white robed wizards approached the sphere and formed a triangle. They began hissing words of magic in unison and released reagents into the air. A portal below the sphere opened and the creature fell in, leaving the sphere behind. It screamed and hissed as it fell, seemingly forever. Ceridwyn then turned to the Speaker of the Stars. He was sat in a place designated for guests when matters where necessary for one not of the council to be present. “Speaker, Aeolis was acting not of his own will, but rather of the will of that creature. I wanted you present so you could know that he is an innocent victim. I say this personally because you know I have no vested interest in the matter except that justice bring the truth to light.”

The Speaker stood and walked over where the creature had been sitting. He could still feel the lingering evil even though it was dissipating quickly with the creature’s banishment. He nodded his head and turned to Ceridwyn. “The Elf who tried to kill you is vindicated by your actions not more than 24 hours after the attempt on your life. You are truly a credit to the Nation of Elves and we are proud to have you in the nation of the Silvanesti.”

Ceridwyn’s face went dark and she looked at the Speaker of the Stars, speaking plainly, “And that is the very problem.” The Speaker looked at her with surprise and then around the room at the assembled wizards. Turning back to Ceridwyn he spoke with the elegance and diplomacy his station demanded of him, “I am not sure what you mean.” Ceridwyn walked over to him, her tiny body dwarfed by the Speaker, even in her robes. “The Silvanesti are a proud, haughty race, in need of course correction, but I am not the one that can make that change, nor would I want to at this point, not since the Kinslayer Wars has anyone but the political faction of the Elves been in any place to initiate the necessary steps to bring the Elven nations back under one banner.”

The Speaker of the Stars face went sallow and he looked deep into her chestnut brown eyes. He could not fully comprehend her because he had always known wealth and luxury, but he knew her history, where she was from, and he simply nodded to express his understanding. He was gathering his thoughts and was about to say something, just as he was opening his mouth Ceridwyn interrupted him, “Jorish will port you back to Silvanost, thank-you for attending on such short notice Speaker.” His face went blank and the Speaker gathered his robes and exited the room, escorted by a White Robed Human. Ceridwyn turned and looked at the Council, now that the Speaker was gone, “Perhaps it is less a strategic move, and more a political one that has caused the Dark Queen to target the proudest of the Elven Nations for annihilation.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:06 pm

5:  Family Ties Mythban2

There were many things that ran through Myth's mind as his daughter embraced him. Despite her words he smiled knowing full well the meaning of her words. It gave him pause though wondering how long she had been present in the current time. It was a matter they could discuss when she was ready. For now he was happy to see Kali free of Rorie and the other mage Rayann had mentioned. Deep in his mind he knew of whom she had sopoken but for now he would remain silent on the matter. That mage was not one he cared to even think of.

Pushing thoughts of the past aside Myth focused on the present. He bid his daughter a good evening and spent the remainder of the evening with his beloved.

----------------------------------------------------

Myth's awakening the next morning was nothing short of a blur. The tower shook and he heard an explosion. He recalled Rayann jumping from teh bed as there was another explosion and he followed suit. Where as Rayann used her magic Myth simply ran. He did not think much of what he was wearing arriving to the seen in partially clothed. At the very least he had enough forthought to grab his trousers, boots, and belt as well as his sword. He barely saw Rayann's hand but came to astop immediately when he did.

The fog slowly lifted from his mind as he looked about the room and realized that Kali had been practicing. Myth could only chuckle lightly as his daughter refeenced the time. He looked to Rayann with a grin speaking in missive. "Seems we may have been up a little late."

Myth's prefered method of speaking though was with his voice. "A good meal to start the day and then I must tend to my meditations. I have been lax in performing them and then I will join you both for some training."

Sword in hand he spun on his heel and headed back downstairs to get a bite to eat.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:55 pm

5:  Family Ties RayannRed

Rayann’s cheeks grew warm when Myth mentioned the late hour of their night but she quickly recovered and looked to her daughter again and nodded.

~Seems as though your father is in need of a good breakfast as well. I’ll tend to that and when we’re finished, I’ll meet you back here.~

With a smile, Rayann blinked out of Kali’s area and back to her own. When Myth came walking back in she shared a knowing smile with him that ended up in light laughter. Their reunion had brought both of them a peace they needed and with that peace the ability to relax and sleep soundly.

With a shake of her head, Rayann sent for their breakfast then went about making sure she had proper clothes on under her robes and brought her unruly hair more under control. When their breakfast arrived in the way their dinner had the night before, Rayann and Myth enjoyed their time together with light conversation. When the meal was finished it disappeared once more.

Smoothing out her robes, Rayann looked up at Myth and smiled shyly.

~I’m still not used to seeing this color on my person. I suppose it will take some time to get used to after wearing the pristine white for so many years. Enjoy your meditative time, mel’amin. When you’re ready to join us, you’ll know where to find us.~

With a tender embrace, she rose up on her toes and pressed her forehead to Myth’s, closing her eyes, drinking in his closeness before reluctantly pulling away. With a loving smile, Rayann blinked away from him and back to where Kali was waiting for her. She had felt the pull of magic all around her knowing the girl had indeed been practicing her skills and was very proud of the strides she was making.

~Where would you like to begin, Kali? Now that breakfast is out of the way and I’m feeling a bit chipper today, I’m game for anything.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:05 pm

5:  Family Ties KaliRed

Kali sat and went into prayer after her parents left. She redevoted her studies and her pursuits to the god Lunitari, and asked for strength and guidance to be in constant pursuit of neutrality, and to become a ‘true wizard’. The time past swiftly as she refocused herself, rested, and meditated on the field of magic around her.

She had only been back up about ten minutes, practicing a new idea she had which she was simply referring to as ‘pathing’. No other wizard she had ever heard of was doing this, most likely because she was hybridizing the channeling of ambient magic with casting divine magic. Lunitari granted her the magic of the gods, true magic, in its purest form. Dozens of years of training to cast ambient magic however, had given her a broader look at casting spells, and she was theorizing on merging the two harmoniously rather than destroying one to enhance the other.

She stood in the middle of the room, her arms loose at her sides. She shut her eyes and focused on the flow of magic around her, the pulsing river of power that flowed over all of Krynn. She opened her inner eyes and she could see herself standing in the glistening pool of untapped power all around her. Her physical body smiled as she reached out and began to draw the magic to herself. The pull was enormous, well beyond that of someone her age, and she inhaled deeply as the power filled her. The room began to pulse with energy as she started the technique of drawing the line between ambient and divine magic, in her mind she saw the two lacing together like a braid, and she focused to remove the urge of suffocating the divine with the ambient. Her heart rate increased, she was pushing back against all those years of training and habit, and then she let go, releasing the concentration and allowing the flow of magic to move freely once again. She bit her lip in quiet contemplation as she pondered how better to do this, it would take time, but she would figure it out.

She spun as her mother appeared in the room and she smiled. “Mother, how was breakfast, or perhaps I should say, early lunch.” She grinned at her own wit and walked over to where Rayann was standing. “Well, I always enjoyed sparring, keeps you on your toes and enhances your speed. I don’t know, I am a battle caster at heart I suppose. How do you normally train?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:28 pm

It was strange having someone around who pulled the magic within them such as she did but Rayann found she was getting more used to the feeling of her daughter becoming one with the magic around her. But there was something different to what Kali was doing and while she didn’t question her daughter for she could feel she was truly devoting herself to Lunitari. As curious as she was she would wait until Kali was ready to explain to her what she was doing.

Rayann chuckled as Kali mentioned the fact the breakfast she and Myth shared was more like an early lunch. With a twinkle in her eyes, Rayann nodded.

~It was very nice, thank you. Of course any time I get to spend with your father now is a luxury I’ll always squeeze every second I can out of.~

Hearing Kali explain her style of casting Rayann saw how different they were when it came to the use of their abilities. But instead of seeing this as an obstacle, Rayann saw it as a way to learn from her daughter and perhaps teach her daughter at the same time. As Rayann thought about how best to answer Kali, she, like her daughter just moments before, chewed on her lip in contemplation.

~I would start with meditation and then I would practice casting some spells on targets such as the dummy’s you were using earlier. On occasion a living object would become my target but only on harmless spells. Certainly not the sort you were practicing earlier that roused your father and I from our slumber.~

Again Rayann chuckled then shook her head seeing the look on Kali’s face.

~Don’t worry about it. It was high time we were up and moving about. We’ve wasted half the day already anyway.~

Rayann took a deep breath then and nodded.

~Anyway. Our skills are on opposite sides of the scale, Kali. You were taught to destroy with your spells while I was taught to preserve with mine. I was not to cast anything that could be harmful unless it was a last resort and absolutely necessary. But now we stand in the middle of both of those worlds. So, I would say we need to somehow find a way to use our skills that will allow us to do what Lunitari has charged us to do. A blend, if you will. Which is where we both become student AND teacher. Don’t you think?~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Kali laughed as her mother mentioned wasting half the day away and she listened as she spoke of their practice. As Rayann mentioned their training and use of magic, Kali’s face grew sad, but she nodded in agreement and when her mother asked what she thought, Kali responded. “I agree, we are now in a strange situation, where I once cast to kill, now I need to relearn, and that is going to be the hardest part about this I am afraid.”

She walked over to an area on the side of the room where a table was set with different reagents, she tucked some away, replenishing what she had used earlier and then walked to another area, far across from Rayann.

“Let’s try something Mom, cast the worst, most dangerous thing you can at me…”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Needless to say, Rayann blinked when she heard her daughter’s request. There was a long moment of hesitation before Rayann finally nodded. Kali would begin to feel the pull of magic as Rayann began pull it into her. Her eyes took on a soft, pink glow as she began to build up the spell she was going to cast.

Rayann’s arms raised slowly and were stretched out before her. Between her hands energy began to crackle and dance as the spell grew in intensity. When the spell was ready, Rayann released the spell and several bolts of pure energy shot out towards Kali. The flow of magic shot forward when Rayann released most of what she had taken in, but not all of it.

As Rayann released the spell she held her breath hoping her daughter was prepared for the spell that was being targeted upon her. She didn’t necessarily like doing this with her daughter but she also knew her daughter was quite capable of handling herself rather well in situations such as this.

Still, Rayann prayed to Lunitari her daughter knew what she was doing and asked the Goddess to protect her should anything go awry.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Kali felt the pull of magic and she inhaled deeply, she closed her eyes and in her mind she could see the sparkle of magic as it pressed into Rayann submitting to her command. The spell was building and Kali concentrated, focusing her will on the magic that was about to be cast against her. As the spell released she moved with lightening fast speed, her eyes still closed, focused on the bright death coming straight at her.

Her hands came up and she hissed the words of magic, but the magic almost seemed to obey her rather than move through her and Rayann would feel a strange pull as the sensation of ambient magic suddenly filled the room. There was a massive difference this time, where she once felt nauseous and sick at the feeling, there was a sort of harmony created, as if forces were being bent against their will, but managed to stay within harmony of one another, Kali’s hair began to flow with the shadows Rayann had seen the first time they fought one another, and the interlaced beauty was breath taking, but also menacing and deadly. Kali’s eyes shot open and were swirling like Rorie’s once did, a turbulent display like the seas bashing against rocky shores during a storm.

Her hands before her, the hissing ball of light slowed down as it crossed the distance and Kali grit her teeth in concentration, cupping her hands in the air and creating a wide arc with her hands, the spell came to a stop right before her and she reached out, shrinking the ball down to the size of a brussel sprout. Her face flashed with the light created by the spell and she began to twirl her hands, causing the magic to spin and move… she blew on the concentrated ball and sent it back towards Rayann, it floated gently like a dandelion seed and about halfway across it exploded in a dazzling display of harmless light, the magic in the room illuminating as the energy of the magic wasn’t consumed but returned to its host.

Kali looked over at Rayann and a dazzling smile came across her lips but it was clear that she was done casting spells for a while.…”Mother, I have something to teach you.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Rayann watched as he daughter began to move with the speed of her father and knew Kali had been given a special gift with this ability. As Kali began to cast, Rayann felt the strange pull of the ambient magic. Certain she was about to feel ill, she prepared herself for the awful sensation when she suddenly realized the usual perverse way in which the ambient was harvested and wielded wasn’t taking place. The way her daughter looked as she began to blend the magics together in a harmonious symphony made Rayann think of what she had called Kali after the girls ride with Nol. A tempest. A beautiful, wild tempest. And that’s just what Kali looked like right now.

When Rayann saw the way her daughter’s eyes looked when she opened them she couldn’t help but gasp. Kali’s eyes were so much like Rories that Rayann actually felt a pang of regret pass through her almost as if someone had physically struck her. Quickly pushing the sensation away, Rayann watched, completely stunned, at how Kali brought her destructive spell into a more controllable object. As the energy was reduced in size, Rayann could feel the power of the magic within the spell dissipating.

As Kali sent the harmless energy ball back towards her mother, Rayann blinked when the ball exploded with a gentle POP followed by the brilliant light display. As the magic was returned to the natural current around them, Rayann could feel it and she closed her eyes and gently sucked in her breath as she felt the sudden rush of increase of the current.

When she opened her eyes, she saw her daughter smiling at her with a beautiful, breath taking smile. The smile was so contagious, Rayann couldn’t help but smile back at her daughter and nod.

”Obviously….”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:44 am

She walked over to Rayann and touched her forehead to her mothers, closing her eyes. Rayann would be able to feel the slight moistness of the sweat. She would be able to tell that her daughters body was exhausted from what she had just done, but she would also feel the joy of success coming from Kali as well.

With her eyes still closed Kali spoke, “Mother, I have figured out how to braid ambient and divine magic together without one destroying the other. It’s taxing, and to be honest, I am not sure that any mortal will ever be able to do it more than once in a sitting, but perhaps this is Lunitari’s redemption. I think this might be why my life has happened the way it has happened. Like you, I regret that I couldn’t know you as my mother until I was 100 years old. However, the gifts of my father and mother are obvious, and those gifts have been passed into me. Magic, both ambient and divine, is at its nature still magic. Our family was chosen to bring harmony not in the natural world, but in the magical world. Neutrality is not based in the events unfolding on Krynn, it’s in the flow of the invisible all around us, and I think that we are to compose the organization of that harmony.”

She opened her eyes and smiled, her crystal blue eyes, so much like her uncle’s stared back into the lavender eyes of her mother’s. The “one with different colored eyes” that legend and prophesy speaks of is not an individual, it is a mindset, it is the type of individuals that can see beyond the veil and know what lies beyond the physical. You, me, father, we are that “one”, and there are others, and we need to find them.

She reached and took her mother’s right hand with her left, “I am tired, but I need to show you what I learned.” She squeezed her mother’s hand gently and their minds instantly became one. It was a sensation like rushing down a gully in a flash flood. Memories and images zipping past Rayann’s mind eye, a flood of emotion, scenery, experience, all of it whizzed by in a flash. Then Kali’s voice sang, clear as a crystal bell, “Mother, Lunitari and the gods of magic have restored the link of the kin, but it is no longer your brother and yourself, it is the three of us, like the gods of the moons, three shall charge forth to do the work.

In his meditation, Myth would also feel the sudden tingle within his mind, and then a blazing sensation of Kali’s emotions. “Father, it is Kali. The gods have proven once again that their will is to be done on Krynn. Listen please as I explain.”

She stepped back from Rayann and looked her mother deep in the eyes, both her mother and her father would “hear” though they were in separate areas of the tower. Kali explained to her mother in absolute detail the thoughts and process of how she wove her magic, the strength that was needed, and the exhaustion that followed, clearly the gods were not about to grant this much power to them without a serious check on the individuals. She then addressed Myth, “Father, your sword is fast, but here is how it can flash even brighter…” Kali seemed to simply be the vehicle of conversation, spoken by another. It was as if Lunitari herself was teaching the family about the techniques that would be necessary to bring the tip of the spear to the forces of the Dark Queen. She explained to Myth how using his deep seeded Elven affinity for magic he could tap the ambient field without disrupting the natural, and enhance his speed as well as his accuracy in his strikes.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:44 am

Rayann wondered if Kali knew how much like her father she was when she pressed her forehead to hers and closed her eyes. Rayann had learned this was Myth’s way of showing his affection publicly for her and the significance of that went beyond anything that could be explained. So when Kali did the same thing, Rayann felt the tug on her heart strings and smiled as she closed her eyes.

The joyful exhaustion she felt coming from her daughter left her speechless. The major strides Kali had taken in the very short time they had been on the Isle was nothing short of miraculous. As Rayann listened to what Kali was saying, Rayann could feel the conviction within Kali and knew her daughter was talking with a deep rooted knowledge that could only come from communing with the Gods.

As Kali pulled back and looked at her mother with the eyes that reminded her of Rorie, Rayann could see the brilliant clarity her daughter had. She couldn’t help but wonder if Kali knew just how much Lunitari had blessed her with. But when she reached forward and took her right hand then squeezed, allowing Rayann to see the memories flash quickly before her minds eye, Rayann could only gasp. It was such an intense rush of so many things she couldn’t explain it even if she had to.

As Kali’s voice sang out as the memories flashed by, Rayann could feel the divinity all around her and knew Lunitari was using her daughter as a vessel. As the prophecy was explained to not only her but Myth as well, Rayann began to understand things much clearer. It was as though the veil had been lifted from her eyes and she was able to see things with the clarity she needed.

It was clear there was much all three of them needed to learn but Rayann was also certain there was nothing they couldn’t handle together, as a family. And to hear everything her daughter was saying convinced Rayann even more that Lunitari had found the pupil she had been looking for in Kali and felt her heart swell with pride knowing Kali had truly been blessed by the Gods.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:56 am

Kali smiled, and there was clearly exhaustion in her face. She wobbled slightly under the weight of her own body and brought her hand up to touch her mother’s shoulder.

“I, um…. I think I need to sit down.” She said it with a smile, and as Rayann helped her to a soft leather couch at the edge of the room Kali slumped onto the comfort that awaited her. She was truly spent, beyond anything she had ever felt and she could see that this was the type of thing she would need to be very cautious about using in a strategic situation, and she would have to make sure her mother and or father was near to protect her once she cast this type of spell.

“It’s odd mother, I never remember feeling this tired after casting, I suspect that Tahkisis was somehow making it easier on my body to cast. I had always heard about how other wizards would fatigue as they cast, and I would start to feel the strain, but never at this level. I can see that no matter of conditioning can truly grant you the endurance to go for as long and as powerful as I used to… I guess this is what being a real wizard is like huh?”

She smiled sleepily but it was clear that she wanted to stay awake, and talk to her mother. She saw the way Rayann was looking at her and she shoke her head before Rayann could speak, “I don’t want to sleep, I want to talk, I want to get to know you more, and learn about you and father. What was it like growing up in Glen Durel? The brief moments when I wasn’t being mind tortured, the landscape was so incredible, I can only imagine what it was like to have those rolling hills to wander and get lost in…”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm

5:  Family Ties Mythban2

Myth let out a soft sigh as Rayann left to go practice with Kali. It was the strangest feeling knowing that the grown woman on the floor above was his future daughter. It seemed almost unbelievable but his heart told him that Kali was indeed the genuine article. In the brief meetings that they had so far he could see so much of himself and Rayann in the young girl. It pained Myth to know that he would miss so much within months after she is born.

Reluctantly he rose from his seat and took his blade in hand. His emerald eyes scanned the room taking note of things. He was disappointed that his meditations would have to take place here in the confines of this place. He much prefered the open forests and the sounds of nature than stone walls and civilized silence. He was about to resign himself to the notion when he felt a gentle tugging of his senses. With a furrowed brow he followed the sensation to a doorway he did not recall seeing.

Reaching out he took turned the handle and the door opened into a garden the likes of which Myth had never seen. The royal gardens of Sylvanost were a sight to behold among mortal men, but this made them pale in comparrison. Myth smiled and bowed his head muttering a quick prayer "The godess provides.... I thank you Lunatari.."

Without further hesitation Myth entered the garden letting his elven senses guide him to what he felt was the center. Looking around he noticed that the place was far larger than he had thought and the door he came through was but one of many. Each had a symbol upon it and Myth was grateful for his attention to detail as it was clearly needed to find his way back. Finding a suitable place Myth sat down cross legged. Muttering a few words in elvish he drew blue moon from the sheath and carefully balanced it in his lap upon his fingers as his upper wrists rested upon hsi knees. A few breathes later and Myth was lost in the chaos of his mind.

It had been days since Myth had properly meditated and he could feel the chaos inside as a result. There were many other factors that attributed to this chaos beyond just his lack of discpline though. His life had literally been turned upon itself since his return to Silvanost. The only thing that had not been a total surprise to him was the Ceremony, but things quickly down spiraled from there. It was from that point that Myth began to draw together into some semblence of order.

His mind focused on two main subjects though. The first was the wizard that had helped train his daughter in the ambient arts. He had heard stories of the man witht he pointed scar upon hsi face. Myth even had a name to go witht eh face but he had never met him directly. Myth had only heard of him and the work that he did for the queen. The fact that Kali's mind was as intact as it was is nothing short of a miracle based on the stories Myth had heard over the years. A sharp chill ran up his spine as he recalled some of the tales.

Soon however his mind moved on to a more pressing matter, Jerrin. Even to the day Myth left he remebered his noble brother fighting to reason with him. Jerrin shared many of Myth's views about the elven nation and where they needed to be in the world. However their father would hear nothing of the matter always saying that it was a matter beyond their need to care. Jerrin gave up trying to convince their father and that is when Myth left himself open to the machinations of the Dark Queen. Myth sighed recalling the face of the woman that would spin him pretty lies and eventually cloud his mind pullign him from his place at Jerrin's side.

Myth felt anger begin to build inside as he chided himself for not being here to aid his brother. If he had not been galavanting around for the Queen Jerrin would never have taken to the field as a commander. Jerrin had always been the diplomat while Myth had always been his right hand. Anger threatened to break his concentration and Myth struggled to bring it back in line again chastising himself. Each had chosen their paths in life and there was no changing that. All he could do was move forward and remember the gift his brotehr had given him. Jerrin's own word had ensured his time before the council and not his father's. That much was clear from the night of talking with his father.

With considerable effort Myth emptied his mind once more seeking peace and solitude. For a time he found exactly that before the voice of Kali entered into his thoughts. At first he did not recognize the voice and hsi eyes shot open, but after a couple moments he realized who it was and relaxed listening and seeing with his mind the images before him. What he was shown he knew could only come from the goddess. He knew the presence of a divine being when he felt one. He marveled at the blessing placed upon him and his kin. There was a great sense of pride eminating from him for his daughter and as he voice slipped away Myth stood from his place of rest moving next to his daily motions.

With sword in hand Myth began to battle the shadows in a dance of beauty and grace. This would be the focal point of his solitude for the remainder of the afternoon after which he would join Rayann and Kali.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Rayann sat down next to Kali as she helped the girl to the leather couch. Tucking her one leg under her, she reached out and tucked an errant lock of hair back behind Kali’s ear. She could see how taxing this had been on Kali but she could see the satisfaction in her daughter’s eyes knowing she had accomplished something of great importance.

~Yes. That’s exactly what it’s like being a real wizard. While its possible to garnish some help from another wizard, it’s rare and the unfortunate trade off to that is how drained both of you could be when you’re done.~

Seeing how sleepy Kali was, Rayann was about to suggest she rest when Kali insisted she tell her about growing up in Glen Durel. Rayann debated for a moment then finally gave in to the look on Kali’s face. As Rayann began to tell about her childhood in the Glen, she allowed Kali to see for herself as Rayann allowed Kali to see images as though she were watching as an invisible observer.

~Glen Durel was an amazing place to grow up. And yes, the rolling hills were a magical playground spread out for what seemed like forever to get lost in. Of course I did get lost a time or two, but either father always found me or, most often, Rorie. Life was peaceful there. We were allowed to explore our world in a way most children never could. And your uncle and I had some of the best times of our lives there. It was where we learned our first steps and where we learned our first spells. To our father’s dismay and our mother’s delight. The breeze in the summer would cool our rooms down or we would go swimming in the lake nearby. The fireplaces in the winter would chase away the chill of the castle. We had everything we ever wanted but most of all we had love. Lots of it. As far as we were concerned, that was all that mattered. We lived a fairly sheltered life. But growing up in Glen Durel was one of the most amazing times in my life and I was so in hopes you could experience some of the things I did as a child there. Perhaps, one day, we can return there when it’s safe for us to do so.~

While Rayann spoke fondly of Glen Durel, she was also saddened by the turn of events that had taken place there after she and Rorie left and before she returned for the brief stay with Kali. It was also apparent she missed her brother even though she would never admit it. Even after all he had done, she still missed his closeness. As Rayann told Kali about growing up in Glen Durel, she reached over and gently took her hand and held it loosely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5: Family Ties   5:  Family Ties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5: Family Ties
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next