Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 pm

As the trees bent to the will of Lac'Nala's call after he and the others leapt to safety, the bending boughs of the great trees about them shattered the already crumbling chimney. The monolith tumbled into the earth and with it went the scrambling Half-Orcs. Three were crushed and enveloped by the rubble as it fell back into the Under-dark sealing that ancient Dwarven chamber forever, but two managed to leap to safety.

The two Half-Orc, rolled and rose to their feet, swords ready but the Half-Elven ranger now had four at his side. Quickly looking about they searched for what remained of their troop and all they could see was their female ranger, Thresh and their leader battling the Dwarf and so the tables had turned and their moral began to diminish as they contemplated retreat.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Othargren

The Dwarf raised his axe to parry a vicious blow of the large leader and tumbled backward, locked in a battle of strength and looking back saw the inverted forms of the Phaerie and the Drowess through the dust of the collapsed chimney.

Thresh, the Half-Orc ranger slowly walked toward her leader who lay atop the Dwarf, his entire weight pressing against Orthargren's axe shaft. Easy pickings for single hack.

"I could do with wee bit 'o help!" Growled the Dwarf.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Tiphereth_Sorrelwind

Sorrelwind released the Drowess, her dark supple frame shedding from this white form like a shifting shadow. He then pointed his spear at Thresh, drawing her attention and keeping and restoring balance for the Dwarf.

The two remaining Half-Orc took a defensive posture, waving their swords slowly between their four adversaries. They knew that they would now never collect the bounty on the ranger's head and just hoped to be able to escape with their lives. As they slowly backed away, clumsily negotiating their way across the rubble, they concentrated on lashing out at what they figured to be the weakest of the adversaries, the robed man and the dark haired woman.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 FemaleHalfOrcInText

Thresh scowled defiantly spat at the feet of the Elfling creature while her eyes searched the trees around her, fearful that they might strike again after witnessing how they obeyed the ranger. Pointing her sword at him she screamed in the common Westron tongue, "Hold thy spear you Elfin dog!" then looking to the ranger, "You haven't seen the last of me, Lac'Nala. More will come. The bounty on ye head is high and if not I someone will take it!"

With her last words, Thresh vanished from sight as swallowed by the foliage about her. No sound's were heard and there was no stirring of branches but she was gone, abandoning her leader and the last two of her group.
Back to top Go down
http://darkoak.org
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 am

As the half-elf prince spoke to the trees of Fangorn, they happily obeyed and smashed the top of the chimney flat to the ground. It broke apart and fell into the opening and sank into the chamber below like water down a drain. The top of the chimney collapsing sped up the last of the chain reaction in the Dwarven fire room, more of the ceiling below fell onto the Dryders and Drow. The black elves were crushed and buried in the fall, they made no sound as last breaths were forced from their lungs.
2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 20061003030955-arachtar
The Dryders were overcome with the volume of earth and stone that fell now, the two beasts were buried up to their necks in the rubble. Their dusty faces were indistinguishable from the stone and earth all around them were it not for their burning red eyes.

One of the beasts searched the darkness for the other, unable to move.

"Are you there brother?..." It croaked in the gloom.

"I am brother I still live."

"Can you move brother?'

"No I am unable?"

"As am I?"

"We must free ourselves and destroy the outlanders..."

One of the creatures pushed with the might of all 8 legs and could not budge the mountain of debris.
The other followed suit and was also unable to even move the end of one of his legs.

"We will free ourselves." One grunted as even more stone fell from above covering it's face and silencing it.

"We are patient brother, our freedom is at hand..." The second one said flatly as a wave of rubble washed over it burying it.

The chamber was all most full to the top in places, no creature would be able to pass through it simply or easily. As these events unfolded Verin's influence faded from the mountain, with a twist of one of his powerful rings the Drow drifted like smoke to another place. His presence was fading but his hatred could still be felt, it lingered like a bad dream.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:23 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Cloak

When she reached the freedom at the top of the chimney, Jin felt the fresh air rush into her lungs replacing the thick, noxious fumes of the smoke she had been forced to inhale. It took a few seconds for her to release her hold on Tiphereth’s sturdy frame but when she felt the ground beneath her, she let go and melted away from him easily.

Noting his instant defensive stance, Jin quickly regained her bearings while inhaling large amounts of the lung and mind clearing air of the forest around her. Seeing what was transpiring, she immediately drew her cross bow and drew a bead on one of the Half-Orcs with the female who appeared to be their leader.

When she heard the words the female spoke, Jin’s eyes drifted to Lac’Nala before she let them settle on the Half-Orc. If looks could kill, Jin would have murdered Thresh right then and there with just her red eyed glare. But such things were not possible, at least not for her, anyway. When she saw the Half-Orcs retreat like the cowards they were, she slowly lowered her cross bow then reached down to help Othargren up from his prone position on the forest floor.

Once the Dwarf was righted, Jin and stood like a dark statue. The only movement that could be seen of her was the rise and fall of her shoulders as she still breathed in as much fresh air as she could. Her face was still obscured in the darkness of the shadows within the cowl of her cloak but there was no doubt as to who she was looking at. Her red eyes had settled on Lac and only occasionally did she leave his form to glance at the others.

A sudden movement behind Lac’Nala caused her to quickly draw her cross bow and aim at a figure quickly approaching the Ranger. The dark haired woman who appeared from the forest wearing all black quickly stopped and held her hands up in surrender, her strange blue eyes wide as she stumbled for words to say that would prevent her from being shot by the dead aim of the Drowess.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Jalisa1

”WHOA! Hold up there. I’m not.,..I didn’t….I won’t….”

Finally the woman pointed at Lac and said the only thing she knew to say for the lack of better words.

”I’m with him.”

Beneath her cowl, Jin’s red eyes seemed to glow even more. The red orbs left the dark haired woman then settled on Lac. Jin couldn’t believe it. She had not been gone long and he was already filling the void she left with another woman. The cross bow that had been pointed at the woman slowly moved to point at Lac and it was a tense moment as everyone held their breath waiting to see what was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 am

Lac smiled 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Smilin10 and stepped forward. He slowly raised his hand, placing it on the bolt loaded into the crossbow and gently lowered it. With shear joy in his eyes he said softly ….. “Moryir evyiseldasat hamarthavalkest brinraeothuthaygolhirtay arth jayossayir taeoth moryid hinevaartharintor tarhinastrator imtor hilathasil narortor fareldlistil istinir yaevraesor. Hamolwin curuastranay tinhininasil beleva ? “ (TRANSLATION: My eyes have brought a joy to my heart that it has not felt in yers. How can this be ? ) ……… Lac then embraced Jin and placed his lips lightly on Jinn’s and kissed her. Whispering in her ear he said …… “Daeoth norothtil winossaraerunyir yilosuthuray hurevaarruntir astribearoluthutor tarhinesta wilolmirarthnel tinhirarthtin sartaeastrinordelsor brinethhinithnirdel mayesta. Sathiemev jarlothistnayeldadae othuthuray ciruothmaypanathnaeyor beluthaetae yirethasatatayestaraedaalyis. Starhinest hilathsor torossalirda minelda taehurarttae sathineld wilalsata sarethneltar belyir arta forrelistevnaydel tilhalarthnar hiemastrasae kelnorolwennar minetha saeistanircuraeesta ciruhinistalordahurolordae" ..... ( Do not worry your heart about the woman that stands behind me. She joined our company but yesterday. She has told me that she was sent by a friend than has known me since childhood. ) ...... "Isa sayeldaest nelos linineldsil istinay hameldril ethyilestasat arthunordil miryis hineldalraetay tinevalorlaesir moretha sirhineld borrayistinirglinsae maeuthaecuruham hilestlaypan tynoth othuneren celastriuthaystareld." (I see no lies in her eyes and my hert tells me she brings much help to our cause.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 am

If Jin had still been of the same mind set she had when she first joined Lac and Augustine, as soon as Lac moved forward the bolt would have been shot from the cross bow. But that was no longer who Jin was. Much had changed about her since she met the Ranger and saw what compassion and empathy was all about. He had, in essence, changed her heart and allowed her to feel real emotions and even right now the one she felt wasn’t all that good, but it was still emotion.

AS soon as Jin felt Lac’s arms circle around her she felt a sense of belonging like she had never felt before and melted against the Ranger. The touch of his lips to hers was the most welcomed sensation she had ever felt and she couldn’t help but embrace him in return and offer him that same kiss.

When she heard his soft voice speaking that same sing song language that so natural to him and explain the presence of the woman, she couldn’t help but smile and whisper a response.

”Usstan ssiggrin whol khruste dos inbalus jal'yur xo'aus ulu replace uns'aa, ussta ssinssrigg. Usstan zhahus ves hasstn Usstan zhahus tluin replaced ji ulnin. Dos ph'ves crealo Usstan vok ulu sanrr nin.” (I thought for certain you had already tried to replace me, my love. I was very angry I was being replaced so soon. You are very lucky I listen to reason now.)

Reluctantly releasing Lac from her embrace, Jin stepped back and hesitated a moment before she slowly reached up and pushed the hood of her cloak off her white head. The Drowess that stood before them now was Jin, but a much more youthful looking once. It was as if years had been reversed yet her voice was still the same.

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Newjin

”So….who is the newest member of this rag tag group?”

Jalisa peeked over Lac’s shoulder and gave a nervous smile, still holding her hands up.

”Jalisa. M-my name is Jalisa. So? I’m not going to be shot?”

Jin actually chuckled and shook her head, taking a small step to her left so Jalisa cold see her clearly now.

”No. I am not going to shoot you. Put your hands down.”

Jalisa lowered her hands and let out an audible sigh of relief.

”Oh thank the Gods. And here I thought traveling in a group would be safer. I’m beginning to wonder if that’s such a good idea now. With Half-Orc bounty hunters and what not looking to get rich off your hides I think I may have just found myself in the center of a cauldron of boiling water.”

A smile settled over Jalisa’s face then.

”Thankfully I like hot water .”

Turning to look at Tiphereth, Jin smiled and extended her gloved hand.

”I owe you my life, Tiphereth. I cannot thank you enough for returning to help me.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am

The Half-Orc bounty hunters had scurried away and the group had been united, though a part of the Deithir would miss the confined corners of the Under-dark. Still, the sunlight was warm upon his skin and to breath the fresh air once more was most delightful. As the Dwarf strode by, dusting off his armour with grumbling shake he rested his hand on his broad shoulder and smiled a hello.

"Dun be thinkin' I owe ye for that one, I merely thought to conserve me energy for the journey ahead." Grumbled the Dwarf.

Sorrelwind just continued to smile at the Dwarf's gruffness then turning his soft lavender eyes settled upon the newcomer and his face turned to stone. The Phaerie saw the world differently, and while so much of the emotional world, formed by guile and whim was a mystery they saw the through the illusions most were blind to. Though he could not see past her guise, he nonetheless had the sense of another, but the two beings were one in the same. He felt this before in people who harbored great deception within them, a duality, but this woman was different and so not being able to make sense of what he felt the Deithir would keep his thoughts to himself.

Once again part of the quest, the Phaerie grew silent. He listened to the forest, interpreting the groans of the trees about them as best he could. The language was very old, but did not vary from this world to the next, the Treants either had existed at one time or another or yet remained in most worlds. Trailing off far to the east the Bard could hear the song of a returning king being carried far to the east.

The voice of the Drowess brought him back to the physical world and reaching out he gripped her hand softly. Looking down upon her his face became more animate, more 'real' and a slight smile formed at the corners of his idealized lips.

"Life is far too precious to be owed."
he told her, "Perhaps it was I repaying one of my many debts, Jinn, but nonetheless I am appreciative of your acknowledgment."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Jalisa looked to the handsome, tall, elfin looking man and noticed the stony look he had when he cast his gaze upon her. Like him, she had abilities others did not and while she didn’t have the kind of sight he did, she could read things about him that told her he could sense her true nature but could not see exactly what it was.

And she realized her wasn’t from this world. Or, better put, this side of the world. He was of the ancient race, almost as ancient as her own, and in that likeness they shared something none of the others did. Jalisa longed to walk over to him and engage in conversation with him to learn more about his world but she knew she had best let things remain as they were right now. If she approached and he tried to see further into her true nature, she would be forced to block his prying sight in a most painful way she wished not to do.

Still. This being would deserve some of her attention to make sure he didn’t give away her secret before she was ready to reveal it. There was no need in causing undo alarm and fright when it wasn’t warranted. After all, she was not here to harm anyone of these companions. She was here to merely insure Lac’Nala reached his home lands safe and sound. After all, he was her unknowing charge.

When she saw the way Lac and the Drowess embraced and showed their emotions, she couldn’t help but chuckle inwardly. Loki would be most happy to know his long time friend seemed to be finding life once more instead of trying to move past the grief of the family he lost.

The Dwarf amused her as much as he did the Pharie and she found herself chuckling at his proud gruffness. There was no lack of bravery in this smaller creature and he had earned her respect when she saw the way he stood up against the Half-Orc bounty hunters. Hopefully they had seen the last of those things but something told Jalisa they would be a plague until the reached the safety of Oran_D_Narr’s borders.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Jin smiled even more at Tiphereth and nodded.

”Maybe so. It is still good to know you are with me and not against me. There is little doubt in my mind you would be a most formidable opponent. I look forward to sparring with you again. Soon. And under much better circumstances.”

The red glow was gone from Jin’s eyes and what was left now were the soft brown color the iris’ turned when she was not using her darksight. The sunlight of the day was hurting her eyes and to protect the sensitive orbs she pulled her hood up over her head once again. Looking around at her surroundings, she recognized the location and furrowed her brows.

”Fangor Forest? You made it all the way to Fangor Forest? By the Goddess you were moving quickly. All the better. And we must not stop now. We must keep moving. I can feel Verin has left this area for the hatred that surrounds him has faded, but he will return and with reinforcements. Again. I pray he does not chose Dryders next time. OF all of the creatures of the darkness he could chose, he would have to pick the ones I am most afraid of and resistant to my magic.”

Looking back to Lac, she smiled once more and the sunlight filtering into her cowl showed the upturned corners of her mouth.

”Lead us onward, Lac’Nala. We are a full group once more. Plus one. We need to move quickly and find a place to rest when the darkness falls. Preferably in a secure location, if at all possible.”
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

When Jin mentioned their battle, Tiphereth's thoughts returned to the Autumn Temple. It was the day that he was to fight the master of the ten clouds, a vicious swordsman preceded by an awe inspiring legend. He had expected to face a most powerful warrior when he entered the courtyard, one that define his reputation in a glance but there amidst the falling leaves was a beautiful Daeyel female, dressed not in armour but flowing supple robes. Her skin was black as pitch as some of her kind possessed, with blazing magenta eyes that leaped from her face and her hair was a shock of silver, glimmering in the sunlight.

She had looked upon him with a pride for he was the only Bard to have ever earned an audience with her but this was also the source of her sadness.

"I am honoured to face you, young one but also saddened for what I must now do.", she had said then the most bloody battle he had ever fought ensued.

He only realized that they were not engaged in a sparring match when the first blade cut through his abdomen. Forcing the pain from his mind he fought on, pushing himself to move and react faster than he ever had before but even still it was not enough. By sunset, death had found him and it was the mistress herself who brought him back.

As her elegant features became clear she uttered the words he would never forget, "Remember thy death." and while very few ever remembered but an image of death's grey realm, he had never forgotten it.

He would remember their sparring match fondly and as the Drowess turned to follow her ranger he bowed his head lowly in respect.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 MR-100298

Augustine's strength was returning to him, the fresh air was like cool water as it filled his lungs. Most of all the druid could hear the tree song, the trees of Fangorn were speaking in long sing song tones and Augustine understood all of it.

Augustine closed his eyes and pushed his hood down, the trees were speaking in many, subtle layers, one song was a warning to all the growing things of Fangorn that there were strangers in the wood, Lac'Nala, Brianna, Othragren, Jin, Tip, Jalisa and the druid were mentioned in this song as were the marauding orcs. Another song spoke of water and rain, there were countless trees in the wood and they all sang in hopes of another long rain. Another song, a new and much quieter one was just for Augustine, the trees were curious as to why the druid was entering the forest. Did he come to live among them? Had he come to study and meditate with them? They welcomed him with respect and communicated that he was welcome to stay as long as he desired.

Augustine opened his eyes again.

The druid looked at the collapsed chimney top and the opening down to the underground chamber, it was completely blocked off. The druid wondered about the fate of the Drow.

"What of the soldiers of Underdark? Did all of them perish below?"

The druid asked Tiphereth quietly.

"I no longer sense their anger and blood lust, it is lifting like the morning fog."

Augustine had been fortunate to not have to lay eyes on the Dryders, he was not aware of how very close to death they had all truly been.

Augustine then approached Lac'Nala and grasped his hand firmly and shook it vigorously.

"Thank you my friend, for the helping hand"

The druid was pleased to see his friend again, and the warrior woman and the husky dwarf.

"Tis good to stand in the light again, it is good to see all of you again."

Augustine's eyes eventually settled on the dark clad woman, looking her over the druid had a sense of her old soul. Augustine was not sure what to think, at what point did she join up with the others?

Augustine watched Ssinjin interact with the strange woman, she seemed tolerant of her. A lot had occurred in the short time that the group was separated and there would be time to catch up as they traveled. Even though the threat of the Drow had faded Augustine was eager to move away from the ruined chimney top.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 am

Tiphereth knew that the druid could decipher much more of the ancient Entish than he, and drew closer to Augustine while he listened to their words. They recognized that an Oak Man was among them, this much the Deither knew but the rest passed his understanding.

When the druid opened his eyes and stared down at the chimney which had collapsed upon itself he like the Sorrelwind could no longer feel their rage and hatred.

"The Dryder live on my friend." Tiphereth answered as he joined the druid's gaze, then he stood back as the man thanked his old friend Lac'Nal and rejoiced at their reunion. He watched him closely, awaiting his eyes to settle upon the newcomer, Jalisa and his curious stare affirmed his suspicions to be wary of this stranger.

Othargren called his great ram and mounted the beast. The sure footed creature easily made it's way through the dense forest, maneuvering its way over twisting roots and fallen trees.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Briann11Brianna brought up the rear of the group, thinking to herself. She didn't trust this Jalisa, although she'd done nothing to warrant this mistrust. She just seemed.....not right. As if there were more to her than meets the eye. But, Lac was their leader and he had bid her welcome to travel with them. She would simply keep an eye on the woman.

She was secretly pleased, though, that Jinn had returned to them. The look in Lac's eyes said it all and that Jinn had put that look there was enough to make her heart a little lighter. She considered Lac a true friend and was glad to see the light in his face once again, even though there was danger all around them. She watched as Tiphereth and Augustine conversed, studying the druid. He was odd and yet his connections with the plant life had a calming effect on her.

Making her way through the thick trees, she chuckled at Orthargren and his ram. The little beast was not having a problem getting through the dense vegeatation. It was a sight to see, this dwarf and his ram.

She stumbled a few times over entangled roots, but righted herself. She noticed that the forest was becoming denser and had an eerie feel to it. Looking around, she could see nothing that would give cause to this, and yet the feeling was still there. She wondered if the bounty hunters were trailing them and then pondered on why they were after Lac'Nal. Again, she looked around, the feeling that all was not well getting stronger.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 New_im11

As Lac and the recently reunited fellowship struggled through the undergrowth the groaning in the forest seemed to grow in intensity with each passing mile. They turned around a bend in the tangled road 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Ent10 and a mighty oak stood blocking what passed for a road, but was mearly a trail. Two of the mighty oak's limbs moved out and forward as the tree bent over slightly, two bright brown eyes blinked 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Lord-o10 and the tree spoke "MMmMMMMMM.......Master Lac'Nala...............Once again YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....MMMMMMMMMMM......... You come to our forest.........." then the tree's eyes closed and it stood motionless.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 am

When the giant oak moved, Jalisa stopped walking and stood just in front of Brianna. It had been a very long time since she had seen an ancient oak guardian make its presence known. Her fist reaction was to bow humbly but she wasn’t exactly sure how the group would respond to that. However, her disguise was that of an elf so it would only be natural for her to do such a thing.

Bending at the waist drawing her right had close to her chest, when she stood back up, her arm extended out in a sweeping like motion to show she understood the knowledge this ancient creature held within his aged form. When she stood back up she saw the dark haired Rohanian woman standing behind her watching her every move. With a slight grin Jalisa glanced over her shoulder and spoke to her.

”Guess you never know what you’ll meet up with in these woods.”

Somehow there was a hidden meaning in her words, but she didn’t say anything else as she turned her attention to what lay ahead of them. Jalsia’s eyes glanced all around as she looked for the return of the Half-Orc bounty hunters. The sooner they reached Oron_D_Narr’s borders, the better she would feel. At least then there would be more trouble for the vile creatures to deal with. And being exposed out here in the wilderness left open too many things that could happen.

Her top priority, of course, was making sure Lac’Nala made it back to his home lands safely. And if it meant the others had to be sacrificed, then so be it. While she knew that wasn’t going to be looked at kindly, she had to do what ever she would have to do to make sure her duty was fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 am

Jin had heard of the ancient tree creatures but had never seen one for herself. Her kind were not exactly welcomed by the creatures. Not that the Drow liked moving through the forest anyway. Still, as she saw the creature welcome Lac’Nala, she moved up next to him and spoke softly.

”You are a man of many surprises. Makes me curious as to what surprises I will find when I finally get you alone for a few hours. No doubt it will be pleasant surprises I will discover.”

While many things had changed about the Drowess, there were some things that would always remain the same. And one of them would be her upfront approach to what ever the topic of conversation was. In Jin’s mind, not getting right to the point wastes valuable time one could be using for more meaningful tasks.

Still, as Jin’s eyes settled on the oak creature once more, she let a small smile ease over her features. The opportunity to cast her gaze upon a creature like this may never happen again and she wanted to take in the sight as much as she could before they past by.

Glancing behind her she saw the others bringing up the rear and saw the way the blue eyes woman bowed to the oak creature. Jin’s brows furrowed in thought then. It was almost as if the woman knew more about the creature than the others. It started Jin thinking about the woman then.

Who was she? Where had she come from? Lac told her the woman stated she was sent by a long time friend of Lac’s but he never said which one. Had the woman not told him? If so, why not? And Jin saw how everyone regarded the woman with a cautious nature making sure she was never at the very rear of the group but between members who had established themselves as comrades.

This woman definitely would need to be watched. And closely. There was something about her that Jin couldn’t put her finger on but there was more to her than what met the eye.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 am

Lac 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Lac2311 bowed his head, placing the fist of his right hand to his heart when he raised his head he said. "Lord Strongwood it gives ny heart great joy to look upon you again. I thank you for your welcome and assisrance. Might I introduce The Priestest Ssinjin, Lord Sorrelwind of Daeyel; Master Othargren Ironfist of the house of Iron fist of the Orocarni Mountains ; The Druid Augustine and Lady Brianna Red Fox of the Lands of Rohan. We journey to my lands in Oron_D_Nar. There we hope to renew the alliances of old and once again the Dark Lord has started gathering his evil forces to threaten all free folk and spread darkness across the world Goblin's, Orch and Uraki once again go unchecked. A dark and evil Drow has risen from the depth of the earth and become the Dark Lord's servent. The dark and evil power Morgoth grows strong again.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Tiphereth leapt to the top of a moss covered boulder and stood like a sentry, surveying the woods about them while his lord spoke with the great oaken Ent. Upon his introduction, he bowed graciously and respectfully before Strongwood. By contrast the Dwarf offered a wary nod, but he had never known an Ent, and had only bore witness to their destructive and more malicious cousins, the Huorns. He remained respectful though under the premise that this giant tree-man could afford them safe passage through the treacherous woods.

Sorrelwind was far more optimistic. Unlike the Dwarf he knew the mind of the Ents and understood that their view of the world was much different than that of their kind. Though he had long ago learned to empathize for emotional creatures driven by passions, the apathy of the Ents yet stirred in his Phaeirie blood.

The Deithir's keen glowing eyes searched the sunlit woods for movement but spied only that which was natural. A sparrow flitting from branch to branch, a hare nibbling on a root within a hollowed tree and chipmunk scurrying to the top of an enormous rowan tree. A large healthy raven glided overhead and perched upon a bough above Sorrelwind. The Deithir, acknowledged the bird with a subtle nod and instantly the travels of the benevolent creature became known to him. He had ranged far and wide that morning, but nothing out of the ordinary had crossed his path.

"Morgoth —"

When Lac'Nal uttered the name, Sorrelwind's eyes flashed bright. For a brief moment he focused on the ranger, the he looked beyond, remembering a time when that very name had struck terror in the hearts of all across the lands of Arkauld. The malevolent daemon had cursed his world long before this one, but it had been surmised that he had been born long before the Aelaeydium. An old god that harbored great power and whose very existence was rooted into the land itself. Was he who he sought? Had the Aelaeydium set him upon the futile task of challenging the Great Dark Lord himself? He would would not allow himself to consider it, instead he concentrated upon the Drow they had encountered in the Under Dark. This Verin could be the one but fate it seemed had not yet revealed the path, even though they their blades had nearly crossed. Time would tell.

It was bright, and the Deithir's eyes burned with a soft lavender glow thus making it difficult for anyone save those of his own kind to know specifically where he was looking as he lacked the tell tale iruses and pupils of other races. They were hidden most of the time and were only visible in those in-between times, when the light was dim enough that they neither burned with Phaerie-fire or turned pitch black. As it was, his stare appeared to befall the group as one, and to distract himself from the talk of Morgoth he allowed his focus to shift to the Drowess.

Her feelings for the ranger were strong. A sensation, dare he say a 'truth' he too had felt once upon a time and it warmed his heart while at the same time reminding him of the lingering hollowness she had left. At times, Jin reminded him of her, only by her appearance though as they bore no other similarities beyond that, but they bore the same beauty despite one being as black as onyx while the other had skin like the petals of a cherry blossom. For a brief moment he saw her within the Drowess. The dark skin lightened, her eyes blazed violet and there she was, a ghost from another time.

The raven squawked, pulling Tiphereth from his trance. Something had caught the bird's attention and following his stare the Deithir spied the glint of gold in a tiny pool of water on the other side of the boulder upon which he stood. Descending to the ground he beat the raven to his prize.

"I am sorry." Tiphereth said in a strange and ancient language that sounded like no other tongue ever heard.

He then scooped up the item and held it into the light. It was a medallion that had apparently fallen off of it's chain. Beautifully crafted of gold and what he figured might be mithreal silver, formed in the shape of a dragon. It looked newly crafted but from what he could tell, the pool of water in which it had sat had been newly formed and filled by a trickling stream that had been produced by the tremors of the shattering Dwarven chimney and his call to the Earthen elements. How old it was he could not tell, but it would have remained lost if the water had not freed it from it's hidden place.

Turning it over in his gloved hand, the Deithir saw a single rune etched into its center, but did not know the language. It did not appear, Dwarven nor Drow but this world had many languages. One thing was very apparent though was that the medallion possessed the aura of magic about it. A faint glamour that Sorrelwind dismissed for some minor enchantment. Tucking it away in his satchel, he thought to discover its secrets when next they bedded down, and giving it not another thought leapt back to the top of the boulder and awaited the ranger's command.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Briann11Brianna was stunned. She'd heard of such entities as the Tree-Gods, but she'd never seen one until now. She barely heard Jalisa say something to her as she stood there and stared at the talking tree....which apparantly knew Lac'Nal. Looking around, she watched as Tiphereth scooped something from a small pool of water, but turned back to study the moving tree.

She'd been unusually quiet since they'd left the wood elves and after Jinn, Augustine and Tiphereth returning to them, keeping her thoughts to herself. She wasn't sure what to make of anything anymore and even though she traveled with this group of new friends, she'd felt as if she was more of a tag-a-long than a companion since they'd left the elves. She didn't know why and noone had made her feel that way. She'd not said two words to Jinn since her return, nor had she really spoken to anyone. She'd been staying to the back of the group, keeping watch as they traveled. Her thoughts would stray to the man from her village as well as her adopted parents who would not be there to greet her and that weighed heavily on her.

So, Brianna stood there, staring in awe at the moving tree wondering what was transpiring between it and Lac as she was not close enough to hear the words being exchanged.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am

Strongwood's 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Treebe10 eyes blinked open suddenly as two of his mighty limbs hung loosely at his side. The end branches on the ends of the branches at his side, seemed to clinch into fist. "AUUUUUUUGGGGG! MORGORTH YOU SAY!" he roared "MMMMMMMMMMMMM .....The evil of Saromon, that was once upon mmmmmmmmmm this land pales to the evil of which you speak. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Make haste Young Lac'Nala! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Go in peace MMMMMMMMMMMMM through Fargon. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM There is MMMMMMMMMMMMMM much I mmmmmmmmmmmmm must do and MMMMMMMMMMM Many to call. Many to gather." As the mighty oak turned and started off into the forest. "Much to do..... MMMMMMMMMMM Many to call..........MMMMMMMMMMMM Much to do.......... mmmmmmmmmmm manny to call."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Jin watched the interaction of Lac’Nala and the wizen oak. She felt a moment of security knowing the centuries old sentry and those like him would be watching out for Lac and those who traveled with him. It was but a fleeting moment, of course, for she knew her brother would find a way to maneuver around the ancient beings to get to where he wanted to go.

Jin would have thought more about it but the feeling she was being watched became very prevalent. She had insured her blocks were up to prevent Verin from reaching her, even though he strongly suspected she was back among the living now. So this feeling, as strong as it was, seemed to be coming from someplace very close to her proximity.

From beneath the cloak cowl, Jin’s eyes began to survey her surroundings and for the life of her, she couldn’t find the source of the sensation. As a raven squawked overhead she looked to where the Pharie had perched and all she saw was his eyes cast in another direction. But it didn’t matter anymore for the sensation was no longer there.

Still, the Drowess made a mental note to be more vigilant of her surroundings and should this ever happen again discover who or what it was causing it.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 pm

As Jalisa stood watching the events transpire, she remained a quiet observer. It was nice seeing the different races and species interact and communicate with each other. The ancient woodsmen weren’t easy to understand at times and yet somewhere along the way the young lad, Lac’Nala, had learned to just that.

A pesky hum in the back of Jalisa’s head began to form just then. It wasn’t anything hurtful as much as it was annoying. Glancing around, she looked to see if there was an external force that may be causing it for it had been quite some time since she’d heard or felt the sensation.

Furrowing her brows and concentrating on what the oaken sentient was saying, the dragoness in disguise did her best to ignore the sensation thinking it more like a pesky mosquito she couldn’t see but could damn well hear.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Monk

Augustine was amazed to see the Ent, the druids in his sect had only told stories of such creatures, ancient were they and wise. The great tree lord addressed Lac'Nala as if they had crossed paths before, something the druid would inquire about at a future time to be sure.

The Ents for all their age and wisdom are stubborn and singular minded beings, they have a deep concern for trees and other growing things, and of course other Ents but they do not trust nor do they care as much for the troubles of men, Elves and Dwarves.

The great tree lord did not linger long, he too felt the gathering darkness that was closing in, surely it was gaining in strength if it now concerned the tree lords of Fangorn forest.

Augustine felt melancholy as the tall Ent moved away from the group.

"I pray that the enemy never finds this place, I will do my part to see that they do not."
Augustine said to himself, Strongwood slowed his pace for a moment and turned and looked at the group, his strange eyes glittered in the shady woods, he then turned away once more as he walked on.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:04 am

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 New_im10

As Strongwood moved off into the forest talking to himself, Lac led the party on through the dense forest 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Forest10 until the came to a waterfall 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Conten10 falling from a cliff into a river.
"Behold Contenment falls and the River Onodla. We cross the river downstream a short distance." he said and continued downstream about a league. 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 River10 Crossing the river they passed through a stand of trees 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Edgeof10 , stopping they looked out upon a vast field with mountains in the distance. Lac gestured with his hand as the rode out onto the plain "We have entered the Westement in land of Rohan. There before us is the Gap of Rohan and the ruins of Isengard. We turn east here and make for the Eastement 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 51516910 and Argonath."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 pm

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Briann11Brianna was still quiet and subdued, keeping a watchfull eye on Jalisa, but her mannerisms were that of one who was uneasy.

Upon crossing the river and reaching the Gap of Rohan, her spirits lifted, but only slightly. She knew that they would be passing through her village before long and she didn't know how she would be received. She was the different one in the village, the only one who was dark compared their blondness. Her parents wouldn't be there to greet her and she had no idea if the young man she'd watched from a distance would still be there or if he would even notice her now that she was grown. These things made her uneasy and subdued.

Walking eastward, she couldn't surppress the smile as she saw the familiar surroundings of the Gap of Rohan. Even though she was born of this land, it was still home and even through her unease, she was still glad to be in her homeland once more. She began to think of her friend, Sienna. Was she still there.....had she married yet...would she be alive? It would be good to see the young, blond woman again who had been her best friend since the day she'd arrived.
Back to top Go down
Tiphereth

Tiphereth

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:30 pm

"Ah! It does these eyes good to look upon the expanse of Rohan." Stated the Dwarf as he steadied his black ram atop a low grass ridge before the majestic scene. He did not care much for the dark hollows of Fangorn and was pleased to be rid of them. The softened features of his otherwise gruff expression did not, however last. Looking westward, Othargren scowled and spat a curse in his tongue to the remnants of Isengard when Lac brought their attention to them.

Sorrelwind standing beside the mounted Dwarf with a slight luminescent shimmer to his being in the radiant sun smiled at Orthagren's ancient grudge the story of the Orthanc was revealed to him. The outlander had now been within the world long enough for one of his most powerful bardic abilities to manifest, an ancient skill mastered by those who devoted themselves to the way of his order. Called 'loring', it was the magical ability to extrapolate the lore and legends of the realm by being in tune with the faerie or essence of the land.

"Aye, Orthargren it was once a place of Half-orc and Uruk-hai under the ward of Saruman the White but now it is the wood of Treegarth of Orthanc under the guidance of Treebeard who yet remains its steward." Explained the Deithir outlander as one who had resided these lands far longer than the Dwarf had been aware.

"Is that so, master Sorrelwind of whatever distant land ye hail from?" Challenged the Dwarf.

"It is." The Phaerie bard replied confidently, his bright eyes staring to the west, looking far beyond what most referred to as sight, but as his mind searched the groves of Treegarth and sailed round the tower of Orthanc he could feel the tales that told of an evil growing to the north. "But you are indeed wise to not forget the tales of old, master Dwarf." he quickly corrected.

"Indeed." Agreed the Dwarf, but then immediately questioned the reason, "What are ye jabbering on about now?"

"Orc stir in the Misty Mountains. The lands are changing. An evil is growing." Answered the Deithir.

"Well, you've a talent for understatements, this much is true." Huffed the Dwarf, "Morgoth is the true dark lord and if he is indeed returning then we may be standing at the edge of another great war."

Sorrelwind while knowledgeable of Morgoth's own impact on his world searched the lore of Middle Earth and was aghast of what he learned. "Sauron was only a lieutenant of this ultimate evil!" he stated, "This god has been called the 'Great Death'. His evil will sweep across the lands like a plague. How can we stop it?"

Orthagren was silent and regarded his Phaerie companion with the cool of expression of one who long ago accepted his fate. He then turned his head slowly toward the ranger and leaning forward against the horn of his saddle presented the same question that had been burning within him for some time now. "Aye, master Lac. How do ye intend to fight this god? This Dark King?"

The Phaerie's lavender eyes also fell upon the ranger even as he searched through the lore of the land, seeking an answer in the ancient stories, but one would not be so easily found. The tales he heard on the wind were vague in comparison to the voluminous scrolls and tomes that lay within the archives of the great cities of Elves and Man and it was there that an answer might present itself. Until then though, Sorrelwind was curious to learn of this Half-Elf's insights to challenge this all-powerful enemy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR   2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2: ACROSS THE PLAINS OF AZANULBIZAR
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: NIFLHEIM - Archive of Forgotten Halls :: The Abyss :: The Plains of Gladsheim :: Archives of Gladsheim-
Jump to: