Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 EanBanner

Ean ate, and could only smile when he watched Aurora enjoy the crab cakes. As the meal wound down she started to withdraw into herself a little, getting quiet and began to stare out the window. He let her have that space, giving her a chance to think about whatever it was she was working out in her head.

"I love you."

He said it softly but with sincerity. As she snapped from her thoughts and looked at him he reached across the table and placed his hand gently on top of hers, "I love you."

He smiled warmly and as the waiter came back Ean spoke, "Could'ya bring us the bill please?"

Thomas nodded and left. Ean turned back to Aurora and spoke, "Let's walk a wee bit along the boardwalk here. I think it would do us good to get a wee bit'a fresh air before we head back to the hotel aye?"

Ean paid for the food and the two of them left, hand in hand, and walked along the waterfront. As they made their way Ean finally stopped and looked at Aurora, "Aurora. You said something in the restaurant that you were completely right about. All this will be a dream, sooner than later I am afraid. Things are gon'ta get a lot less peaceful for us, and probably sooner than later."

He inhaled deeply and looked at her lovingly, "But I would be a fool to not acknowledge that I am so glad we are going into this thing together. Things have been so much more purposeful since I met you, and even more so since you became my lass. I just... well I am just happy abo't it, abo't us."

He smiled and hugged her tightly, holding her a moment before leaning back, "I heard from Erebus a wee bit ago, he is gon'ta come to the hotel tomorrow and join the group. Hopefully that means the hunt for Arawela and Algernon's next targets will finally begin, more importantly, maybe it means we can end this thing before it gets too dangerous and go home."

His words were much more optimistic than realistic, but she would see it in his eyes, he was still holding on to the hope of a fast resolution to this whole situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19
He nodded a little as they moved through them as she mentioned plans. "It's very simple for me all I have to be is at the enemies front spitting in their face." Saying it with a simplicity that made sense. "To be honest our group seems to have obvious roles to play and hopefully the veterans will understand to keep an eye on the new people." They walked down a street that could almost be called empty only the occasional drifter walked on the opposite side of the street till he found the door he was obviously looking for. "We are here to find stuff out." He let her take the lead and she placed her hand on the door it didn't budge she reached to the handle it didn't give an inch as she was about to let go Dietrich reached over her hand and she found it opened easily.

"Don't tell any of House Kells or Helleborine about this place."

As they stepped in her nose wrinkled the place was dim lit by candles, the stench they gave off adding to the atmosphere of gloom. The place was spacious with its small shelves lined up a total of nine in a three by three arrangement some of the items unidentifiable. Behind her was a row of doors each with a sign above labelling different destinations obviously this store wasn't in San Francisco. She saw the counter at the far end an old fashioned till and a Punkie cleaning the top with a more than stained rag. This was a druids shop of wares as they got about halfway the Punkie behind the counter saw Dietrich and began shaking his repeating the single word no.

"Now now it has been a long time... I was hoping you would forget." An obvious joke at the Punkies nature as he sighed and stared at Dietrich as the huge Norseman all but towered over the counter even with the raised floor behind the counter he was still looking up at him.

"The last time you were here I almost got raided by a small army of Sentinels." Dietrich shrugged as he found a stool and pulled himself onto it like a bar and she saw their was liquor behind the counter but she couldn't imagine someone drinking in this place that stank of rot and poison.

"I'm actually hunting Druids this time." The Punkie gasped still not getting introduced it seemed as he looked to Lilly then back to Dietrich.

"Is this to do with the MacGregor lot coming to Sunny Franny." She understood where Dietrich had got the words from earlier but she was shocked to hear that this salesman knew they were there.

"What about the McGhees?" The shop owner smiled as he nodded.

"Though less mentioned as they are supporting the hunt."

Dietrich slowly sighed as he forked in his pocket and removed some coinage. "You have any idea what the Raven's House are planning or any related houses?" The Punkie pocketed the coins she wondered what he could have possibly payed but caught the glint of gold disappearing into sleeves but the owner shook his head as Dietrich sighed and pointed to a bottle in the top right shelves.

"Higher grade than normal?" As the owner placed the bottle onto the counter it was covered in dust and uncorked she almost gagged as she looked to Dietrich it had smelt purely of death an decay in that bottle as he nodded his thanks to the owner and pocketed the bottle and as they were leaving she caught the call of the owner. "Have fun hunting old friends Dietrich 'Panzer' Jürgen, don't get lost in the city Lilly MacDougall." They left by the San Francisco door and she found them back on the street looking back seeing the owner waving with a somewhat sinister grin she would not get her answers just how much information was leaking between the factions but she had caught a glimpse.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 LQUnhE

“How odd.” Carla thought about Arawela’s explanation of the races’ influence on the world and the oddities that are the Punkies.

She played with her wine for a moment, she couldn’t quite picture how the races added the nuclear bomb to the arsenal of the powers of the human world, but she didn’t try as hard as she tried to understand Punkies being born with all that knowledge at their disposal. But perhaps that was actually the most difficult one to imagine and her attempts came to nothing but a pondering frown.
She shook her head and drank her wine as a consolation.

“Wrapping my head around all this hasn’t gotten any easier…” She said and sighed, “Well, how about you then?” She asked.

Carla wasn’t sure she really wanted to know what she had been brought here for exactly, or that Arawela would share just yet. It kind of seemed like she was playing with her foodt. These druids shouldn’t be this pleasant should they? Perhaps that was just another thing she’d never be able to wrap her head around. Though, apparently her henchmen didn’t understand it either.

“What do you want to know about…? Or should I be careful not to transfer any of this power knowledge?” She asked and laughed a little.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:52 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 AuroraBanner Love filled Aurora's eyes at Ean's declaration of his love for her, that smile never leaving her face as they walked out of the restaurant, people smiling at the young couple who were clearly head over heels for each other.

She listened to his words when they stopped to look over the railing out to the ocean, pleased to hear about Erebus joining them, having missed her friend. She knew the druid loved her but she also knew that Erebus knew she was deeply in love with Ean and was thankful he accepted that. She could only hope that one day he would find what she'd found with Ean. But she also saw the hope shining in Ean's eyes that things wouldn't get as bad as they all were afraid they would and she didn't have the heart to destroy that hope but it was his words about the two of them that had her smiling again.

"Ean....I love you with all of my heart and soul, you know this. And I too am so happy that we found each other and we are in this together. But I am scared, Ean...so scared. I am scared that I will lose you.....or that you will be injured and I won't be able to get to you." When he opened his mouth so speak, she reached up and laid her delicate fingers on his lips. "I know I have to concentrate on the battle and not you're safety but as you told me....it would be easier to stop breathing than not worry about you during the battle to come. But, we will fight together.....you, me, Lizzy, Lexy and Erebus. And the others will be with us as well. I am only just learning about what the bow can do and we know that I can call animals to our aid if need be."

She stopped for a moment, unsure on how to say what she wanted to say next so she took a deep breath and let it out. "I also feel as if I am overstepping myself.....uhhhhh....in the way, well, in what I've been.....", she stopped, blushing a deep red. "I am sorry that I am becoming more passionate that I should be, Ean", she suddenly blurted out in a whisper, instantly looking down afterwards embarrassed. "I never knew that I could feel this way....but you make me feel this way. Not even Sionn made me feel this.......ummmm......passionate", she whispered again blushing deeply. "I will stop, Ean......we have more important things to worry and think about."

When she did raise her dark eyes to his, the were filled with love, "I love you so much Ean MacGregor.....so much that my heart overflows with it." She wrapped her arms around his waist, knowing that their time on the pier right then and there was probably the last time they would have privacy for some time. She could only hope that she'd not made a fool of herself in being honest about the way she was feeling towards him for she was knew to this passion rising in her but she also remembered what her mother had told her and knew that now was not the time to be acting this way. She could feel that something bad was happening.....something bad was coming and she could also feel that something was going to happen to her. She'd not told Ean and she wasn't going to....she'd not even said anything to Lexy or Lizzy. But she knew that it was going to take everything she knew and had learned to keep herself from becoming gravely injured. She knew Arawela wouldn't kill her....not yet. But she also knew that something bad was going to happen to her....she could feel it.
her

Her small body shook as she lay her head on Ean's chest, closing her eyes and praying to the Great Spirit that what she was feeling was not as strong as she thought...that it was only her nerves making her feel this way. But she knew deep in her heart that it wasn't her nerves.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 The_li10Lilly stood there, next to the big Norseman, listening and watching as he spoke to the Punkie. She was confused and a little afraid, wondering where the Norseman stood in all of this. She knew that they were neutrals....keeping the balance but they also hated druids....didn't they? At the Punky's words though about 'not getting lost in the city of Lilly MacDougall' she was even more confused.

Once they left, her head was spinning trying to sort it all out as she felt Dietrich take her hand again in his much larger one, actually guiding her so that she didn't get bumped into by others walking as she was lost in her thoughts. Her odd eyes were swirling in all their blues, greens and browns and not wearing any sunglasses had people looking at her oddly but no one showed any fair as there were more odd ones wandering around in the city then in most other places.

Finally, they stopped, where she didn't notice nor did she care as she looked up at Dietrich. "Dietrich....I will'nae speak about this tae the others but what was tha' all about? How do ye know all o' this?"

But before he could answer, she felt something sharp pierce her back, just under her last rib on her right side as a small man walked behind her. She gave a small 'umph', her eyes widening slightly as confusion filled them, "Wha' the bloody hell?", she asked when Dietrich's face swam before her eyes. She reached behind her, feeling something sticky and brought her hand back around seeing her blood on the fingertips. Another man walked by, whispering "Ye will'nae win, Lilly MacDougall. None of ye will. Let the fun begin." Then he was gone, as if he were never there.

Lilly heard the words, feeling as if something was running through her blood. Her eyes became unfocused and it was if she suddenly knew what had happened. Any weapons that were going to be used by the druids' followers would be tipped in poisons or magickal herbs or whatever...either way they were in trouble.

She felt her legs begin to give out, "Dietrich? Something has been injected....the blade had something on it....I feel it...bloody hell....", her eyes filled with pain suddenly as it was as if her insides were on fire. "Hurts....by the Gods!", she whispered to him. "Kimiko...need Kimiko", she whispered to him as she clung to him. She had to get back...not only to live but to let the others know...especially if they were out and about before the fight that was coming. Something told her that this was the beginning....the battle had begun and they were being played with right now. She could almost see the druids or their followers, laughing as they watched at the chaos they were creating within the small group already.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Dietrich was asked where he stood in all this then to be accepted into a 'meeting' place of druids and speak with someone who had radiated with the wrong kind of information he had turned about to answer when she seemed to trip he caught her by the one arm people raised eyebrows as she hung there gasping then her words reached him. "Someone?" He looked up and she saw his gaze lock onto something in the distance his lips peeling back in an animalistic snarl he looked ready to chase his foe but then the name Kimiko quickly reminded him he would be leaving a comrade to chase a possible shadow.

He reached down and began to pick her up as he looked left and right in the busy street as he felt no magical energy seeping from the wound as he applied pressure to stop the bleeding as he sighed to get to the hotel quickly he did another check. His plan in motion at what he saw he walked a little swiping a phone from a mans ear who tried to yell, he hung up the call. He quickly toned in for an ambulance as he got his bearings and they slowly put him through as he requested it for one person, he stepped into the road. A car swerved to avoid him the motorcycle didn't see him beyond the car Dietrich clothes-lined the man straight off the motorcycle with an outstretched arm.

"Ambulance is on the way." The stunned man on the floor barely registering as Dietrich threw the mobile back to its owner who was in shock at what he had observed. Dietrich lifted the bike and rested Lilly facing him her small form resting against his chest as she sat uncomfortably almost on the petrol tank he revved the bike as the back wheel spun and he let the brake off the bike kicked off with a speed probably haphazard. He weaved on the busy road with ease thankful he hadn't tried to take a car.

He sped like this as he shook his head trying to make sense what had happened in those few seconds they had been on the sidewalk he smiled, damn followers were starting this battle before the Pièce de résistance members gathered. He found the hotel the valet person at the door backing away as Dietrich dismounted the bike as it barely stopped and pitched to the side without anything holding it. "Sorry in a bit of a rush just roll it out of the way of the entrance." Smiling as he strode past not wanting to stop cause then the questions started into a nearby elevator still holding Lilly a pale rag doll. "Almost at Kimiko's." As he smiled to her but she was eyeing him as if he was a madman but thankful.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 The_li10Lilly felt Dietrich pick her up in his massive arms. She almost looked like a child instead of a woman grown in the large Norseman's arms if one didn't look closely enough.

Her body felt as if it were on fire, the pain drawing small gasps, whimpers and groans from her as he moved along the street when suddenly she was sitting in front of him on a motorbike as he sped off to get her to Kimiko. She clung to him, "It hurts, Dietrich....bloody hell it hurts. Fire...I be on fire."

Just like that though they were at the hotel and he was carrying her in as she clung to him, sweating now from the pain that was ravaging her body. She was terrified she was dying, the pain so bad she was having a hard time breathing. Her small hands clung to Dietrich, holding onto him, her multi colored eyes swirling with reds, blues, greens and browns. She swore she heard laughing in the lounge as Dietrich hurried through....laughter at her and it sounded familiar.

"Kimiko? Need Kimiko", she said her body shaking violently.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:22 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Eba0k1

Kain quietly and quickly put his clothes back on while his father impatiently waited outside his room.

“Don’t put your shoes on yet.” Father whispered, anticipating Kain being almost done getting dressed.

“Right.” He responded equally hushed, but father still responded with a shush.

Kain joined him and they headed for the front door, put on their shoes and stepped outside. Father handed Kain a flashlight and pointed towards the woods beyond the farm.

“That way.” He said and allowed Kain to lead the way.

“Where are we going?” Kain wondered as he started walking.

“You’ll see.” He said and followed right behind, “Get a move on, we’ve got a bit to go.”

Kain was taking it slow, knowing his father was no longer as quick on his feet or as quick of mind. But seemingly this was one of his good moments, and sure enough he kept up with merely some heavier breathing as a result.

“Sasha had me believing you were not doing so great.” Kain said after walking for a couple of minutes.

Father scoffed for a moment, “You know your sister, she can be a bit overbearing.” He said, though Kain gave him a bit of a look. Sure, perhaps she could be overbearing, but she wasn’t stupid, “I may have sandbagged a little, but I didn’t want anyone to know what we are up to.”

“Sandbagged?” Kain wondered.

“Perhaps sandbagging is not the right way to put it. I… Well, it takes a lot to be in a good state of mind these days, but I try to choose when to spare my strength and when to expend it.” Father paused for a moment, “It’s not easy, you know, choosing when to let yourself fade away and when to shine bright. I mean, Sasha has to deal with a lot of things alone because of it, I know she can handle it, but there’s always the nagging guilt…”

“I think she’s coping just fine.” Kain said, “Does she know you choose your moments?”

“No…” Father said, another source of guilt perhaps, “But there are still so many things I’ll have to tell her before I’m gone, this is hardly the most pressing bit of information.”

“Have you told her what you know about me?” Kain wondered.

“No, and I’m not sure I will ever tell her those things. You know better than most some things are best forgotten.” Father said.

Kain had no response and changed the subject instead, “How much longer do you think you’ve got before…?”

“I’ve got some life left in me.” Father chuckled for a moment, “It won’t – Wait, wait, wait.” Father suddenly said and stopped walking, “You don’t know, do you?” He figured, “After all this time you still don’t know what happened, do you?”

Kain walked a few feet further but then stopped and slowly turned to face his father. He could only look at him and meekly shake his head, it was like his youth; his inability to come to terms with his ancestral memory had been the cause of much pain, frustration and disappointment. “But it’s better that way. You can tell me the necessities.” He figured.

“No, no, no. That won’t do. You need to know with certainty what you are dealing with and why, my limited understanding can’t be the basis for your decisions.” Father said sternly, “You’re remembering right now.”

“I can’t.”

“Of course you can, you remember events for your books, don’t you?”

“Yeah, but those are different.”

“Don’t be stupid, Kain. What do you do to remember those?”

“I just… I don’t know!”

“You do. You’ve done it many times for your stories, you can do it for this. You can be afraid of the knowledge and the feelings you might experience, but you must remember.”

Kain shook his head pointlessly, he didn’t want to do any of what his father demanded. But did he have much of a choice? Father was probably right about the need to know, after all. If only he wasn’t born with this information stuck in his head. What were you supposed to do with a source of information spanning millennia, the accounts of people numbering an unimaginable quantity? But he’d much rather go back to the first memory a Punkie ever had than to the knowledge of his parents.

“I… I clear my mind.” Kain said after a moment with a heavy sigh, “And then I think of a place. Like a medieval fishing village or something and then images and feelings and thoughts will come. Sometimes I grab a hold of one of those and descend into the memory or I’ll just think of something else, maybe it’s in a tavern or a farm, maybe it’s raining. I kind of see what floats to the surface while the memories are still safe and superficial and go from there.”

“Then this is what you’ll do. Right now, right here. Sit.” Father said and pointed at a tree, while he sat himself against another tree right across from it. “You will clear your mind and try to find the last big meeting of your family, hopefully that will cover it. Whatever emotions might be involved, remember they are not yours, these thoughts are not your own. They don’t control you. And on the other side of that memory I will be here for you.”

Kain sat down and sighed once more. Father was as demanding and uncompromising as ever. He closed his eyes and furrowed his brow as he tried to clear his mind, but his heart raced as much as his thoughts ran rampant.

“Breathe.” Father said, calmly, if still somewhat commandingly, “Slow and steady. Slow and steady. Just breathe.” He spoke with measured pauses, “There’s a house. A large house. Your family is there. A lot of family. More than usual. Things are tense. Trouble is brewing.”

Father spoke and Kain tried to calm himself and clear his mind as he normally would, but this was not really the time or place he could comfortably allow his mind to wander in the otherwise forbidden part of his brain; the carefully partitioned section which he had created to protect himself from its raw imagery and emotions. But despite the difficulties, as his father painted the picture he imagined would take Kain to where he needed to be, indeed memories surfaced and one became particularly salient. Before he knew it, he had taken to it and the experience flooded over him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:29 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 ArawelaBanner

As Carla asked her question, and laughed, a gesture Arawela read as a nervous reaction, Arawela's expression flattened out slightly and she looked at Carla, "Perhaps it is more a curiosity than a real need to know Carla."

She lifted her glass and emptied it into her mouth, setting the glass down on the table and looking across at the young human, "Frankly, I want to know what the Punkie knows. I want to find out exactly why one of the ancients is taking your part, because it could have long lasting ramifications in the grander scheme of what is happening."

Arawela leaned back in her chair, the expression on her face was far less pleasant than it had been. Her hands were crossed perfectly across her lap and she tapped one of her fingers gently on the hand below it as she looked at Carla in complete silence. Suddenly there was a soft knock on the door, without breaking eye contact Arawela spoke, "Come."

The door opened and a man dressed in all black entered. He was sharply put together, not a stitch out of place. He didn't make any eye contact with Carla, he simply walked up, leaned in and whispered into Arawela's ear who nodded softly and looked at Carla, "The first pin prick in the greater scheme of things has been dealt."

She turned to the man and spoke, "Thank you."

With a respectful nod he turned and left the room. Arawela looked at Carla again who was confused at the words she had just heard. Arawela inhaled deeply as she straightened her back, slightly, almost looking like a cat stretching, "Carla, all this, the whole thing, is your friend Aurora's fault. The suffering, the pain, all of it, HER fault."

She leaned forward slightly and spoke, "You see, I have an uncle, well, I HAD an uncle, who I loved most dearly. He was my mentor, my guide, my friend. He brought Aurora to our home, she came in like a snake and bite his heart, poisoning every thing about him that I loved. I am not about to let anything compromise my plan to strike back at her. I am going to make her suffer and pay for what she did before I squeeze the life out of her myself. So I will ask you again Carla, what is your part in this? Why has Kain chosen to bring you into the picture? Is there blood of the Races in you? Are you a cloaked dagger that will strike only when the time is right? It is not humanity I am interested in Carla, they are hapless sheep scattered about the world like a disease, consuming what they can in their short lives. It is YOU I am interested in, and I will give you this one last chance to explain to me exactly what you are doing mixed in all this before I dig deeper into you and extract what I need to know."

There was a chill in her words, and she looked at Carla again, like she was trying to look into her soul, "So tell me Carla, what is your part in all this?"

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 KimikoBanner

There was a sharp wrap on her door, and she stood. Dietrich's voice came through and she opened the door, seeing Lilly writhing in pain her eyes went wide and she pointed to the bed. Dietrich brought her over and laid her down, "What happened?"

Dietrich gave her every detail, at least what he could, and Kimiko rolled Lilly enough to look at the wound. She turned to Dietrich, "Fetch Lexy, quickly. Tell her to bring her things."

Dietrich nodded and left. Kimiko looked at Lilly who was gasping at the pain and Kimiko stroked her damp, clammy forehead, "Yes little flower, yes I know... we will help you, we will fix you."

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 LexyBanner

Dietrich and Lexy came into the room and Lexy quickly went to the other side of the bed, "Do you know what it is?"

Kimiko shook her head, "No, I have had no time to assess, I have been trying to keep her calm." Lexy looked at the wound and then to Lilly, "You need to calm yourself lass, if it is a poison you will only make it worse if you don't calm your heart beat."

Kimiko spoke softly, "Do as Lexy said, her words are wise. I know it hurts, I know, I can see that it hurts, calm little flower, be calm."

Lilly was fighting the pain, it was obvious, but she was managing to stop moving so much, at least for now. Lexy looked at Kimiko, "Please check for magic."

Dietrich spoke, saying he had not detected any and Kimiko looked at him and then to Lexy, "If he has not detected magic we can trust his words."

Lexy looked at the massive Norseman and then to Kimiko, "Very well."

She took a small bottle of soapy looking liquid from her bag and sprinkled a little onto some gauze. She rubbed the area around the wound and the cloth instantly turned a deep purple, then brown. She furrowed her brows and looked at Kimiko, "I don'a know what that is, I have ne'er seen it before."

She lifted a small book from her pouch and flipped through it, sifting through pages back and forth before finally stopping and reading hastily. After a few seconds she looked up at Kimiko, "Fireweed."

Kimiko furrowed her brow and shook her head, "It can't be, fireweed is medicinal."

Lexy looked up at her, "Even medicines can be used for evil Kimiko."

Kimiko looked at Lexy unconvinced, Lexy read the page, "Chamerion angustifolium, often referred to as fireweed is useful for extracting pus from boils and cuts..." she traced her finger, skipping ahead abit, "Fireweed thrives in acidic soils, even in establishing new vegetation where there have been oil spills. Fireweed harvested from these locations contains a high concentration of oil of erechtites which can be processed from the plant and distilled to even higher concentrates. When applied with a transfer agent these oils will penetrate the body and cause a debilitating sensation as if the victim is burning from within. The effect tends to last one to three hours, dependent on the victims metabolism, the dosage, and the concentration."

Kimiko exhaled and spoke, "Then I stand corrected."

Lexy half smiled and spoke, "It is no matter."

She turned to Lilly and spoke, "The good news is you are no gon'ta die, and I can give you something to help with the pain."

Removing a small vial of glowing blue liquid, Lexy dabbed it on a fresh piece of gauze and brushed it along the wound. The skin began to heal itself instantly and the wound was sealed. She then took the vial and brought it over Lilly's face, "Just one drop lass, it won't take the pain completely, but it will make it tolerable until the effects wear off."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Ean smiled as Aurora spoke and he held her tightly. Everything suddenly felt quiet and still, like time was stopping just for them. He inhaled deeply and took the smell of her hair in, his memory taking him back to the very first time he met her, at the McGhees when he was posing as a driver for them so he could be brought up to speed about her and ultimately take he to his sisters home. The path of events was vivd and sharp, like it had just happened, but it was seven months ago.

Suddenly his phone buzzed and he grabbed it, lifting it up to look, keeping one arm around her. Aurora had barely moved but knew that it was probably the group touching base with them, and that grabbing the phone wasn't intended to kill the moment. Suddenly he whispered, "Oh shite."

She leaned back and looked at him, the expression of immediate concern as she picked up on his voice inflection and the fact that she had never heard him use a swear word. He looked from his phone to Aurora and spoke, "Lilly was stabbed. Dietrich got her back to the hotel, Lexy and Kimiko patched her up. She was infected with oil from the fireweed herb and is still in some discomfort, but they wanted to tell us."

He looked around, "That means they know we are here..."

Suddenly she saw a complete and utter change in his demeanor, something happened that she had never seen before. His entire body tightened and she would feel the change. It was the same thing that happened when she was performing the ceremony to activate the bow, however she was so fixed on what she had to do that she would have never sensed it, he was in a state of complete and total protection and defense. There was a calming aurora that pulsed from him in waves, like a soothing heartbeat, and though the situation suddenly could have become tense she would feel an overwhelming calm, as if nothing could happen and no one could harm her. He reached under his coat and felt for his blade. Though he knew it was there it was the physical touch that reassured him of its existence. Grabbing her hand he began to walk along the boardwalk, every person around them was assessed and checked with his sharp glances.

"Tell Eryn to keep a watch form the air and let you know if she sees anything from the air, and I mean anything. If they were bold enough to strike in public once there is not from keeping them doing it twice."

He continued to walk with her back to the main streets, keeping them in crowds so there were lots of witnesses in all directions. Druids were bold, but they were also cautious to not do things in the public eyes, they were not fool hardy enough to expose themselves in such ways.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Carla wondered why Arawela’s tone chaged, but it seemed she was not going to be jerked around and desired an insight into Kain, an insight Carla could not give her. What did she really know about Kain? She got a moment to think about it due to the interruption. She sipped from her wine as she observed and thought.

Once the man had delivered his message and Arawela made it quite clear that she was done fooling around Carla returned the glass of wine to the table. As she did so slowly and deliberately she frowned at Arawela, showing her displeasure about her threats and tone, even if it was unlikely to achieve much.

Still, what could she tell Arawela that was of use? She knew so little, particularly about Kain. She considered making something up that Kain had told her which might keep Arawela interested, but how was she to know what sort of thing would pique her interest? She’d call that plan B, but she still needed something a little better.

“For what it’s worth, I have little love for the Indian.” Carla said. It was true enough, if mostly in the interest of stalling. She was a bit of a fifth wheel, she knew that from the get go and she didn’t blame the others for it, she didn’t find it that odd that she wasn’t exactly treated with boundless love. But if she could express that animosity well enough Arawela might not bite her head off for not answering her immediately.

“But when it comes to Kain, well, I don’t know his plans. Believe it or not. But one thing is true, he brought me here. He saved my life and made me a part of the group. I guess…. I guess he painted a bulls-eye right on my back, huh?” Carla figured, “I suppose I am his message to you… Whatever that means.”

“I hope you believe in recycling.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Arawela leveled her gave on Carla, her eyes locked with the humans. Carla's response could have elicited so many responses. The fact that Carla chose to add a smart ass comment despite the fact that she was literally staring death in the face was a dangerous approach, and then Arawela suddenly relaxed and laughed softly, "Indian..."

Carla looked at her curiously. Arawela suddenly stood and reached her hand, "Come."

She helped Carla stand out of her chair and opened the door, leading the way through a dark hallway, dripping with water and smelling of centuries old mold. They were clearly alone, no one outside the door keeping watch, not a soul in the darkness or off-shooting rooms, nobody. Opening an old freight elevator she gestured for Carla to get in and then got in behind her, closing the cage door. The elevator began to move without Arawela touching a single thing, and went up at least seven or eight levels before stopping. As the door opened the light brightened and Arawela stepped out, waiting for Carla to exit as well. As they walked in Johnny walked over, a pleasant smile on his face as he saw Arawela, "I take it our business has concluded then?"

Arawela shook her head and spoke, "Not for us, but certainly for you and I."

Johnny gave one affirming nod and spoke, "Very well then."

Arawela looked at him and spoke, "Payment will be made in the usual manner, you will have it by midnight."

Johnny again nodded and turned to Carla, "For the record, no hard feelings, it was business."

Arawela looked at Carla and then to Johnny who spoke to her, "I look forward to working with you again soon Arawela."

She looked at him and spoke, "And I am sure we will be needing you again."

He smiled and gave a very business like nod and smiled pleasantly to Carla before returning to what he was doing. Arawela motioned for Carla to follow her and walked up several small sets of stairs and emerged outside where a helicopter was waiting for them. It wouldn't take Carla long to realize that they were standing on Alcatraz Island.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:40 pm

Dietrich got to the floor as he quickly delivered a light assault on Kimiko's door she opened it and was somewhat astounded as he told her the happenings as she eyed him before he was told to get Lexy. Dietrich did not need telling twice as he moved to Lexy room his heavy footsteps seeming to echo to him as he lifted his hand to knock she opened the door. "Are you wounded?" Her confused look at Dietrich being fine he tilted his head as she pointed to the TV in her room showing an excited man being interviewed... Crazy Slavic caught in traffic accident with bike unfound second victim presumed. "Lilly needs help thats why." As she nodded running to gather more 'tools'.

They returned to the room as he watched with some vacant interest as they tested for what it was though he was surprised Kimiko had supported his detection capabilities of magic as Lexy had an eyebrow raised he watched them work quickly and he couldn't help but pick up the book she had identified the fireweed as he flicked through it casually as she worked. "A healers work is somewhat complex." Smiling as he placed the book back exactly as he had found it. As he stared at the blue vials he was almost tempted to pocket one having seen its miracle work but stealing supplies from a medic is just going to leave you bleeding. "What happens when you take more than a drop?" Out of curiosity as Lily was administered with it.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Lexy looked up as Dietrich grabbed the book without permission. It didn't bother her, in fact she was well known for her lack of attachment to things, anyone who had visited her home could testify to that. When he asked his question she looked up and smiled softly, "Naught would happen except to waste the medicine Dietrich. Each vile takes about two months to make, so wasting the contents would no be wise aye?"

She smiled again as she tucked the vile into the small pouch at her side. It would most likely occur to Dietrich that she had also pulled the book from the same pouch, and upon closer inspection the container looked far too small to contain more than just the book. As he placed the book back she picked it up and looked up at the mountain of a man, "Aye, the work is complex, far more complex than that of the wizards I am told, and the power is rare."

"Far more rare than any power to ever exist."

They both turned to look at Kimiko who smiled and walked over to Dietrich, her eyes ever so slightly welled up, "Thank you for getting her back so urgently my friend, if it had been something more serious it was very noble and diligent of you to get her back to us so quickly... or should I say, to Lexy."

She turned and looked at the young August, "You are right, your power is beyond that of any wizard. Wizards can heal, wizards can mend, wizards can protect and even occasionally bring comfort, but wizards can not bring life, only Augusts can do that."

She smiled again and tried to hide the tears in her eyes, but they were there, and it was the first time, even after the loss of her brother that she showed any display of emotions. Turning to Lilly she exhaled, watching her rest now that the medicine was filling her body, "Take care little flower, I believe you are in better hands with these two than I can offer. Let's talk later and see if we can sort out what this fellow that attacked you looked like," she turned to Dietrich, "and how we can track him down, and put him back in balance."

Her words were obvious, she meant the attacker dead, and there was no regret in her eyes. She touched Dietrich gently on the arm as she walked by and out of the room.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 The_li10Lily just wanted the pain to stop, but she hears Lexy's words and then Kimiko's soft voice and struggled to slow her breathing as well as her heart rate but it was difficult.  She looked around the best she could, fear and pain making her eyes all but glow as they swirled in odd colors, her hand reaching out for who she looked for.  Dietrich.  Her small hand reached for him, needing him close, needing his strength.  Just needing him.

She felt some relief when she felt Lexy apply the ointment, the burn around the wound itself easing some but inside she was still burning alive.  Or felt as if she were.  She looked up at Lexy, those eyes of hers pleading with her then looking over at Dietrich before taking the one drop of the liquid.  Within a few minutes she was calmer, the pain had lessened.  She still jerked from time to time with sharp burning pains but it was not constant now.  

Her mind was in turmoil.  What had happened?  She looked up at Dietrich, still holding his hand, "What happened?  How did they find us within a small crowd?"  She grimaced then, squeezing his hand as the burning shot through her small body.  She'd heard Lexy's words, knowing that within a few hours this would be over.  "I will find the bloody wanker...an' I be the one stabbing his gullet with this fireweed", she said her voice sounding weak but with a vicious streak in it.

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 AuroraBanner

Aurora gasped at Ean's words about the little Irish woman, shaking her head then she watched as he changed.  She too was tense, her hand going to her small blade she always carried with her but then she felt a calmness wash over her and looked up at Ean.  Somehow, it came from him and she knew that he would not let anything touch her.  She leaned into him as they walked back to the hotel, watchful as he was, sending a mental message up to Eryn to be alert for anything and anyone.  

Again, she felt the sensation that Arawela was playing with them....using them to hurt her.  She looked up at Ean, knowing that if anything happened to him she would not survive it.  She would live until Arawela and her father had been dealt with by her hand and then she would simply cease to exist.  Her eyes hardened turning almost black, that wasn't going to happen.  Arawela would not touch him, not if she could help it.  She knew that she would sacrifice herself before she allowed Ean to be harmed.  

She was deep in thought as Ean guided them through the crowded street, trusting him to get them safely back to the hotel as she made a decision.  She would speak with Beau.....about staying with Ean, sticking to him like glue.  Guarding and protecting him while Eryn stayed with her.  Ean would not like it but she wasn't going to ask his permission either.  She felt better now that she had somewhat of a plan of action to keep Ean safe as they made their way to the hotel, almost there.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, Carla had more or less thrown herself at Arawela’s mercy, and it appeared she was humored. The way this woman changed demeanor was frightening. Not so much the actual changing of her tone and manners, Carla called many a girls like that her friend, but none of them held her life in their hands. None of them held the lives of many, many people in their hands, they were just spoiled young women. Perhaps Arawela was spoiled in her own way, spoiled with power.

No matter what made Arawela do the things she did, though it appeared to have something to do with Aurora, she’d have to be very careful with the things she did or said. There was little predicting what she might do next, but given how things had worked out so far she had some confidence in being able to keep on her good side. Or whatever side it is she needs to be on to not get murdered.

Regardless as long as she was not directly addressed she figured it best to simply follow Arawela’s lead and keep her eyes and ears open. She stood next to Arawela as she and Johnny spoke and merely smiled and nodded politely when he spoke to her about his part in all this. Then when they emerged from the depths and her eyes adjusted to the bright outdoors she realized where she was she tried not to freak out about it and just stuck to Arawela. She didn’t like being so isolated and stuck on an island, but then again, there was a helicopter right there, so with a bit of luck that would change soon.

If they were indeed leaving, where were they going? And to what end?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Arawela walked with Carla and a massive man walked up under the spinning blades of the helicopter, opening the door for the two ladies to get in and then got into the shotgun position. A second, equally large man, in the pilot seat, looked back and the instant the two ladies were strapped in lifted off and rapidly ascended into the air. Arawela had sat across from Carla so they could look eye to eye at one another. Arawela's features, now that she was in the light of day, were delicate and precise. She looked almost as if she was sculpted out of fine porcelain rather than being flesh. The center of her eyes, a sea foam green, seemed to eclipse a dark blue background, and though they did not swirl or glow or anything that a non magic user might expect they certainly held a cold resolve, and clearly locked out a deeper purpose to what she was thinking while looking at something.

"Sit tight, it won't be a long flight to show you what I want you to see." Arawela's voice crackled through Carla's headset, when Carla looked at her Arawela had a thin smile on her face. Not unpleasant or rude, but definitely suggesting that there was more coming.

They flew along the coastline for a good fifteen minutes or so and the helicopter veered back inland. As Arawela looked out the window she pointed and spoke, "You see that?"

As Carla looked she would see a massive line, almost like a humongous spike had etched a straight line in the earth, "That is the San Andreas fault line. I assume you have heard of it."

Carla nodded without looking and Arawela continued, "That fault line runs 810 miles...," suddenly her voice went cold again, "I intend to split it and break everything to the west off the continental shelf."

Carla looked up at her words and every single bit of Arawela's body language showed that was totally and completely serious, "Millions will die, havoc will ensue, and Aurora will know that she was the reason!"
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Though Carla had no idea what Arawela wanted to show her, as soon as she pointed out the fault line she knew enough. It was as the others had said, they were ramping up the earthquake scheme. But expecting it and having it told first hand is not the same and she could feel a very sharp sinking feeling.

“They expected as much.” Carla replied.

They.
It kind of slipped out that way and it surprised Carla a little. That wasn’t a sign of sudden onset Stockholm Syndrome was it? No, no, that’s not how that worked. Perhaps she had learned something in those psychology classes after all. She supposed it wasn’t much different from how she dealt with some of the drama her friends confided in her with. They always appreciated the way she seamlessly took their side.

“Are you sure Aurora will feel it that way, though?” Carla wondered. “I’ve only just met her, but nothing really made me feel like she felt any kind of responsibility. She wasn’t even in Japan, was she?”

Perhaps the woman was simply insane and any old reason for mass murder would do, but Arawela seemed at least half reasonable and intelligent, if her motives were as she said she didn’t quite see how this was supposed get her what she wanted.

“I mean, I’m sure she’ll be hurt by the failure to protect millions.” She had some trouble saying that last bit, not quite so easy to speak of such things casually, “But is that the most you can hurt her? Seems like a carpet bombing instead of a precision strike.”

Carla wasn’t trying to change her mind on the plan, she knew better than to expect to be able to do such a thing, but the plan so far didn’t make sense to her yet in the context of revenge on Aurora.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Arawela looked at Carla flatly and smiled, "One thing you have not been told about the races is that a Sentinel takes it extremely personally when a threat is leveled and then carried out. She cares about people, ALL people, and I told her I would not stop until she stopped me... THAT is the price for killing my Uncle."

Her eyes went dark, not physically, but there was certainly a change in the way she looked at Carla, "I will strike at her any way, EVERY way I can. I will see to it that everything she loves, everything she holds dear, every single instinct she has to protect and defend is shredded as she watches me make the world burn."

The right side of her ruby red mouth twisted upwards into a small smile, "And I want you to tell her that!"

She turned to the pilot and spoke into the headset, "Take Carla back, make sure she gets back to her hotel safely."

She turned and looked at Carla, "My offer stands, I would teach you should you ask. There are many ways I could educate and empower a woman of your... strength."

She smirked again, removing the headset and placing it on the seat beside her. She opened the door of the helicopter and jumped, sailing through the air several hundred feet before her body evaporated like a thin wisp of smoke. As Carla watched she caught movement from the corner of her eye and the co-pilot was looking at her, "Sorry sweetie."

Suddenly her world went dark again, almost like a flash of darkness washed over her. When she awoke she was on the roof top of a building in the heart of downtown again, the sun warm on her face and a stiff breeze coming from the west.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 3:42 pm

“OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THE DRUIDS GOT ME AND LET ME GO WHERE IS AURORA?!”

Carla frantically screamed once she found Kimiko’s open door and burst inside. She had her jacket slung over her arm and a pistol holster in each hand. She’d run down from the roof where the helicopter had dropped her off with her stuff and found her way to their floor as quickly as she could and was now completely out of breath, her face redder than a tomato.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Kimiko spun in a lightening quick motion as Carla burst though the door. She ran to her and took her gently by the shoulders, staring into her eyes, "Shhhh Carla, shhh. The what?"

As Carla slowed her breathing and said her words again, slower and more calmly, Kimiko eyes went wide. Elizabeth and Lexy had come by this point and she looked up, "Tea Lexy, please, something that will calm her."

Lexy nodded and disappeared down the hall. Kimiko walked with Carla and got her to a chair by the window and had her sit. Elizabeth walked over as she pulled her shawl up around her shoulders and sat down in the chair across from her. Looking down she saw the two empty holsters still in Carla's hands and she frowned slightly, "They took her guns."

Kimiko looked and furrowed her brows, bringing her hand up and running it across Carla's damp forehead she whispered, "That's fine, those can be replaced, you can not."

Elizabeth smiled as Carla looked at her and nodded, "She's right lass, it's just good to hav'ya back."

Lexy came back into the room with a teapot and a cup. The tea had a delicious, sweet smell to it that filled the room immediately. She poured some into the cup and handed it to Carla, "It will soothe you, nothing fancy, just camomile and vanilla with a hint of honey."

Kimiko spoke again as the cup was handed to Carla, "Tell us everything Carla, spare no details, we must know what they said to you."
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 am

“Just find Aurora will you?” Carla said while they tried to calm her, just as soon as she caught enough of a breath.

It was great to be out of the clutches of the druids, though she hadn’t been treated badly. But that didn’t exactly make it a situation she enjoyed. Perhaps the excess anxiety got to her a little.

Even just a whiff from the soothing aroma wafting in thick clouds into her red face made her feel measuredly calmer.

“Well, they drugged and abducted me for one. Some guy and his girlfriend or whatever. Johnny… Johnny something. Had this wolf pin.” She began somewhat harried still, but then again she preferred to gloss over the details of her abduction anyway.

“Later I woke up in some dank, dark place which turned out to be on Alcatraz and after a long time Arawela came to talk to me. I didn’t actually see her father. She wanted to know what my part in all this was, I guess my presence is unexpected and they’re not sure what to make of it, though they’re more worried about Kain’s involvement. She thought I might be able to shed some light on that, but none of us can do that but Kain himself. I got the feeling they were quite in the dark about him, I guess that’s a good thing, right?”

Carla thought out loud and looked up at the others for a moment, but then continued the story.

“But aside from trying to learn something about me and Kain she made it quite clear she’s got some serious beef with Aurora. She said it was all her fault that this was happening. She took me for a helicopter ride from Alcatraz to clearly show me her next target; the fault line. We flew over it and she said straight up she was going to break it and kill millions. Just to get to Aurora, which I still think is insane. But she apparently thinks this is the best way to get her revenge. She told me to tell her all this and that she was to blame, that it was because she killed her uncle and she’d make the world burn… Then she jumped out of the helicopter and disappeared in a wisp of smoke and I ended up waking up on the roof of the hotel. You know the rest.”

Carla said and took a moment to drink from her tea.

“Mmm. I’m starving. What time is it? I must have been gone for hours…”

Perhaps not the best time to discuss dinner plans, but that blueberry yogurt muffin could only last her so long.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 am

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 ElizabethBanner

Ean and Aurora came into the hotel without incident and went straight to the floor of rooms upstairs. They came into the room about halfway through the story Carla was telling, and though they had missed the beginning it became quickly obvious what had happened. Ean sat on the bed, hands folded between his knees, leaning in and listened to everything she said.

As Carla finished Kimiko turned to Ean, "Hand me the phone please."

he reached and grabbed the handset, handing it to Kimiko, she dialed two numbers and spoke, "Yes, Kimiko, room 1739, please send up some dinner... I don't care, just send up one of everything, yes I am serious."

She hung up the phone and turned to look at Carla, "Fifteen minutes, I will meet them at the elevator so they don't have to see or hear any of this."

Kimiko turned to Elizabeth and spoke, "They have emboldened their pursuit of their plan."

Elizabeth nodded but before she could say anything Kimiko turned to Aurora, "And YOU, have left out some critical information."

Ean went slightly red in the face and spoke, "You've no right to speak to her like that."

Kimiko looked at Ean sternly and spoke, "Don't I? Aren't we all risking our lives to pursue this Druid? Did not my brother die at her hand? All to find out that there is some revenge or vendetta against a member of the group fueling this whole thing? I do have a right to be upset that this information was withheld."

Ean sighed, "It was not withheld, just overlooked, and I will take my part in apologizing for that... you are right, you should have been informed, but it was months ago, and yes, we should have told you but there has been so many events beyond that which have spiraled all of us into this mess."

He left it to Aurora to tell the rest, for though he was nearby when Arawela had made her vow it was Aurora who was alone with her, and therefore was the only one who could tell the whole story in all it's detail.

Kimiko listened as Aurora explained it all and She exhaled heavily, "So this Druid, Erebus, he was her uncle and died, but she blames you directly."

Standing she looked out the window and shook her head, thinking deeply a moment before turning back to the group, "A Druidess bent on revenge, this changes EVERYTHING about this situation. Here I was under the impression that we were just dealing with a lunatic, come to find out it's a lunatic bent on the destruction of not people, but a person."

She looked at Aurora and spoke directly to her, "I need to know everything about this Erebus, there might be something that we can use to our advantage."

"There is."

The voice came from out in the hall and a man dressed in fine clothing entered pushing the massive cart of food.

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 ErebusBanner

"She believes I am dead."

Kimiko furrowed her brows and instantly went on alert, but it did not take her more than his sentence to put together what he was saying, "Erebus?"

He nodded and walked over, extending a hand, "Yes, Erebus Poe, House of Raven. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Kimiko did not take his hand, in fact it was obvious his presence had completely changed her demeanor, "Forgive me if I don't shake hands quit yet."

He nodded understandingly and gave a sideways glance to Aurora. Kimiko leveled a gaze on him and spoke, "Understand that I did not even know about you, then was told you were dead, heard a love story of a Druid converted, and then found out you are in fact alive all in under five minutes..."

Erebus smiled warmly and nodded again, "I hold nothing against you Mistress of the Gray."

Kimiko looked at him flattly as he used her former title and then sat in a chair right next to Carla, almost as if she was meaning to see the young human protected should anything happen. Elizabeth looked at Kimiko and spoke, "I will vouch for Erebus Kimiko," "As will I." "And I."

The three siblings had all spoken. Kimiko looked at all three as they said their words and then to Lexy as she continued, "He was in my home, he has shared a meal with us and we trust him...," She turned to Erebus, "We do."

Erebus smiled again and his eyes welled up ever so slightly. Clearly he was touched that the siblings had decided to trust him, their first meeting had not been so pleasant.

Less on edge but still with urgency in her voice Kimiko spoke, "So what next?"

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 SionnBanner

"We go stop them."

The whole group turned to look at Sionn. He was looking one hundred percent better, his color had returned and his face was fresh and healthy looking, "I think Arawela gave Carla this information with the intent of using it against us, t lure us to the place she intends to strike the ground... I think we should oblige her."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 AuroraBannerAurora's eyes filled with regret and sadness at Kimiko's verbal assault and it was clear that she still blamed herself for what Arawela was doing even though they had all told her that she held no blame....in her heart she did.  But she explained everything to Kimiko her voice strong even though her expressive, dark eyes held all the hurt and blame she felt for what was happening.  Once she was finished, she turned to Ean.

"You hold no blame for any of this, Ean.  It is on me."

At Kimiko's words of Arawela doing this just to destroy her caused Aurora to take a step back while inside she was silently screaming.  Even hearing Erebus' voice couldn't diminish what she felt.  She was responsible for Hibaki's death.....the city in Japan, Carly being taken, the attack on Lilly and now this.  Hundreds of thousands of people would die because of her.  

She turned to look at Erebus her smile to him small and sad before she turned away.  "I am so sorry for your loss, Kimiko.  There is nothing I can do to ease your pain, I know this and if there was anything I could do to stop her, even giving myself to her, I would without a second thought in order to save all these innocent people and all of you."

~Beau....please my friend, I beg you to stay close to Ean throughout this.  Protect him as you would protect me.~  She felt his displeasure in her request but she 'pushed' her need for this.  ~In order for me to be at my best I need to know that you are with him, Beau....please.  I am begging you.  I will still have Eryn to watch out for me~  He finally agreed, entering the room from where he'd been and instantly moving to set next to Ean, letting Aurora know that he would do as she asked of him.  

She smiled to the wolf, leaned over to kiss Ean on his bearded cheek and went to stand at the window, looking out and thinking when she heard Sionn's voice.  She turned around, smiling to see him looking more like his old self then back to the window.  Was there a way she could stop all of this?  She knew deep down that it wouldn't matter.  Arawela would torture her all the while destroying innocent lives to make her suffer even more.  

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 The_li10
Lilly walked slowly into the room where the others were, her face still pale, her small form still shuddering from the pain even though it was starting to lessen and soon would be faded to nothing.  Her eyes stared into Sionn's back as she stopped, seeing him up and about.  She turned around to see if Dietrich had come with her, finding that she was more in need of him to be near her than Sionn.

"An' once we are there, Sionn.....wha' do ye suggest we be doing next?"  

Her eyes turned to where Carla was sitting with Erebus, the druid, sitting next to her.  She gave Carla a smile, "Glad ye be okay, Carla an' returned tae' us unharmed."  She then nodded her head to Erebus, moving past Sionn swaying as another wave of fire rushed through her insides.  They were lessening in the burning sensation and for that she was gratful, hoping that it meant that soon she would feel no burning pain at all.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:40 am

As some were busy clearing the air, Carla worked on filling her stomach. Though, at first apprehensive about the cart brought by Erebus the mouthwatering goods soon saw her snatching a sweet roll and then another. None of it mixed particularly well with one another or with her tea, but at this point that was of little concern. And so she sat listening and eating while the others processed the new developments.

“Uh…” She eventually started, “You want to walk into a trap?” Carla wondered.
“There were a lot of people involved with the druids that I’ve seen, and I haven’t even seen the father, I’ve probably seen barely anything. Maybe she took me to where they’ll try to break the fault, but why give us even a chance to stop them? It could be a diversion, they might not even be there. Kain warned us not to walk headlong into an obvious trap.” She said looking at Kimiko who was there with her when he left. “How long does it take to crack the earth? Do we have time to think about this?”

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Eba0k1

It was a cold and rainy night in Hong Kong. He had never experienced the memories of his mother, but now, suddenly he was staring across where the Pearl River delta meets the South China Sea from the balcony of his family’s estate smoking a cigarette. The house decided to move away from Europe after the war ended, though they were still scattered all over the place.
Just a couple of days ago the call had gone out to convene for an emergency meeting, her brother was expected to arrive shortly. He had gone to Lyon for another post-war pow-wow among the races; an attempt to reduce global, all-out wars. Though there usually wasn’t any reason to convene everyone, but clearly something was up.
Then a shiny black car appeared at the gates, the driver got out and tugged on the gate which budged only slowly but surely. One of the passenger doors opened and though she couldn’t quite see, she could hear her brother as he poked out and yelled at the driver to hurry it up in Chinese. She watched the driver struggle for a few more moments before rushing back into the car and guiding it towards the front door. She took one last tug on her cigarette before flicking it off the balcony and off into the wet dark and headed back inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame   Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 10 - Moth to the Flame
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: