Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 SionnBanner

Sionn was taken aback. He looked at Aurora and couldn’t find words, he knew exactly what she had meant, but never, ever, had a woman said those words to him in a way that implied any sort of longevity, and immediately he was pleased with that.

He smiled softly and grabbed both her hands in his, looking into her eyes he spoke, “Aurora… I need to tell you something, and I want you to really understand so I will do my best to articulate this proper. You know I have a past, when it comes to women…” He flushed softly, and she would see it was with embarrassment as much as anything else, “Now that I have met you, I regret my behavior. T says it’s a sign that I am finally maturing, I don’t know, but I can tell you that I don’t want to be that way anymore.”

He inhaled deeply and he smiled, “What you are doing, what you are offering me, I am flattered and delighted, believe me lass, I have thought about what it would be like, but I don’t want to cheapen anything we are pursuing together, I don’t want to ruin it by falling into the same pattern I have always followed. When I was to sleep with lassies in the past, I would no longer have interest in them, the mystery was gone and I would pull away. You mean more to me than that, and I want to go slow this time, I want to court you proper and allow us time to really, truly, deeply fall in love before we do that.”

He looked down at his feet a moment and then back to her, his eyes were truthful and sincere, “I don’t want you to take all this as a no, but I do want you to understand why I want to wait. I will make this promise to you, I swear it, upon my life, that I will not look at another woman, not the way I am looking at you now, not so long as we are together.”

He leaned in and kissed her, hoping she understood.

As they made their way back to the rest of the group, Ean was sat with the family, laughing with Erich, Annette, and even Torri, laughing as well. Ean looked up and stood, nodding his head to both of them, “Well, the two return.”

He looked at Sionn, and Sionn returned the gaze, but there was something different in the way he appeared, everyone seemed to notice it, and Annette gave a small, satisfied smile.

Ean offered his seat to Aurora and sat on a stump. Despite the rubble all around them, the McGhee family was talking, and laughing, as if nothing had happened. It was obvious, it wasn’t a building that made them a tight knit family, it was being together, laughing, and sharing time.

It was beginning to get dark and Erich looked up at the few stars that had started to appear through the holes in the clouds, “We best be to it, we’ve a thirty minute drive ahead of us.”

Ean offered his arm to Annette who smiled and slipped her elbow around his, turning to look at Erich flirtatiously, “You see there husband, I still catch the eyes of the young lads.”

Erich laughed and spoke, “Aye, but it’s the old husband who keeps ya warm at night.”

They laughed and Erich hoisted two of the remaining bags over his shoulders, he turned to Sionn, “There’s a good lad and tend the fire son.” Sionn nodded and grabbing a bucket he dosed the fire, grabbed the few remaining things, and walked up the ruined cliff side with Aurora. At the top was a large van, stuffed with bags and boxes of collected items. Beside it was the car which Ean had driven Aurora and Annette to the Tinkers Glen in. Ean tossed the keys to Sionn, “Try and keep up lad.”

Sionn had a look of mischief in his eyes as he snatched the keys out of the air and simply shook his head. He walked over and opened the back doors for Torri and his mother, and then the font passenger door for Aurora. As they all got settled into the car and pulled away to drive to one of the McGhee’s other properties, Annette looked at the gapping hole where their castle once stood, she whispered, “And we start anew.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Indian10Aurora had listened to Sionn and she understood to a point what he was saying. But her innocence kept her from fully understanding. She was worried that it was her innocence that was keeping him from her. She wasn't worldly enough......experienced enough like the other women he'd been with. Again, she was quiet since they'd left the small 'cave' they'd spent short time in. She didn't want to leave with Ean....not without Sionn being with her but she knew she had little choice. If she didn't...she had a feeling that she'd lose Sionn completely. And that spoke volumes to her innocent mind. But if she did go with Ean, Sionn was still leaving. She began to wonder if she was losing either way. But he'd promised to not look at any other women the way he'd been looking at her. Did that mean he would be looking regardless? Just not with love in his eyes? She sighed as she climbed into the passenger side of the car. Beau was riding in the van with Ean and Erich while Eryn flew above, following the two vehicles. It was then that she wondered if Beau and Eryn would be able to come with her. She didn't know what would she do if they couldn't. The thought of leaving crossed her mind briefly once more as she looked out the window at the passing landscape as the darkness grew outside. She thought of home....her mountains.....when everything had been simple. A tear slid silently down her golden cheek. Soon...another chapter would begin....and again she was going to be lost. She knew Beau was worried about her.....she knew she was changing inside, just as Beau did. She wasn't sure she liked it. Her innocence was slipping away.....she wasn't sure she liked that either. She'd not heard from her mother for awhile now and strangely enough it hadn't bothered her until now. She cast a glance over to Sionn while he drove then looked back out the window. She could feel Annette's eyes watching her from the backseat, but she didn't acknowledge it. Instead, she kept looking out the window.

She could feel the bow 'humming' to her.....and it was unsettling to say the least and only added to her growing anxiety. In the van, Beau began to whine, feeling Aurora's growing anxiety.

Aurora felt the car come to a stop a little over a half an hour later and quietly stepped out of the car.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 am

Sionn could feel the tension as they drove, Aurora was staying too quiet, but he couldn’t discern if it was what he told her, or that she had agreed to leave with Ean. As they pulled up to the McGhee’s new home he put the car in park and turned to look at her, but she had already stepped out of the car. He turned to look at Annette, his mother, who gave him a quiet and loving smile.

As they stepped out of the car Sionn looked up at the manor style home. This one was more inland than the castle, and had a very “Scottish” feel to it. It was on a smaller piece of property, but was still beautiful under the glow of the moon.

He turned and looked at Torri who gave him a half smile before slinging the black bag which contained her weapons over her back and walked towards the house. Annette walked up and looked into his eyes, “You need to say good-bye to her son.”

He nodded and spoke, “I know Mum, I know.”

She touched his cheek gently and picked up her bags, walking away. Erich in turn came and patted him on the shoulder, giving him a fatherly smile, then followed the rest of the family into the house. Sionn turned and saw Ean standing by another vehicle that was already on the property waiting. He gave the man a nod and then turned, walking over to Aurora. She was staring out at the sea, which was further away but still visible from the hill the house sat on. He stepped up beside her and stayed silent a moment, she didn’t even look his way. He cleared his throat softly and spoke, “I don’t want to lose you… and I certainly don’t want you to be offended by what I said to you. If I am not truthful with you, then I am doing both of us, all of this, a huge disservice. It’s just… well I don’t want to fall into old patterns. I heard a man once, he was talking about people and how we get along. He said that any person you meet brings baggage to the relationship. Some bring carry on, others bring several bags that they need to check at the desk. Unfortunately for you, you have met a man who has trainloads of baggage, especially in … THAT area. It would no be proper to go to that place with you without first sorting out myself out. I just need you to go understanding that a month ago, when we first met, I would have taken you up on your offer but we would most likely no be having this conversation right now. This me, standing before you, doesn’t want to do anything that will jeopardize my standing beside you twenty, thirty, even fifty years form now.”

He inhaled deeply, looking at her, hoping he had made himself clear.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 ArawelaBanner

Arawela stood in front of the massive, black, double doors. She inhaled deeply and felt the tingle of excitement like the erotic sensation ones feels when they are about to be touched by a new lover. She could feel her heart beating so rapidly in her chest and the smile simply would not leave her face. She felt the long, brass key in the palm of her hand, the key that opened the door, the key that had always been in her Uncle’s hand, not her own. SHE was Steward of the house now, and though she missed him, she felt the tingle of anticipation like finger nails gentle scraping along the spine of her bare back.

She stepped forward and gently brought the key up, inserting it slowly, deliberately, intentionally into the lock. The fit was perfect, smooth and effortless. As the key clicked into place she inhaled, her hand trembling. One quarter turn and she would have access to all she had been hoping for since her sixteenth birthday. She tightened her fingers, feeling the cool of the brass, and turned the key. The lock clicked and she pressed her palm against the seam that ran between the doors, pushing them open. The cold air within hit her in the face and she stepped forward. The ancients watched her from the shadows, she could feel them, and just as she cleared the door jam the doors slammed close behind her. She ruffled her nose and looked around, the darkness was so deep she could see nothing beyond the stone floor that seemed to end only a couple meters in front of her. She felt their eyes, she could sense them staring at her from the depths of death, watching her, evaluating her, determining her worth.

Suddenly she was driven to the floor by a force form behind. Her bare knees and exposed skin hit the floor so hard she could feel the bruising and swelling beginning instantly. She felt a cold hand across the back of her neck, pressing her down, keeping her from even looking up. A smooth voice, laced with malice and anger slithered across her face like a wisp of smoke, speaking with an almost mocking tone, “Arawela, daughter of the ten, heiress of the shadow, you come with a brazen assurance, but you have not shown yourself worthy.”

She swallowed so hard her throat hurt, the pain in her knees and the pressure on her neck immediately beginning to take their toll. The erotic sensation she was feeling early was gone and replaced by fear and anxiety now. She brought up enough saliva to wet her mouth and spoke in response, “I am worthy, I am the barer of the shadow, and have passed the test of the shade of summer.”

Voices form all around her echoed in sarcastic mocking. The voice returned and hissed as it passed her, “Title and test mean nothing here! There is no concern for the labels of mortal men here! In death all are equalized, all except those who rise to make a name for themselves beyond the flesh!”

She spoke almost immediately, “And that is why I come, to rise amongst you, to have a place!”

The voices again rose in laughter and suddenly she wanted nothing more than to leave, “Already you weaken youngling… already you face us with trepidation and fear. How are you to rise amongst us when you can’t even get off your knees?”

The oppressive weight on her neck increased and caused her to reach forward with both hands to keep her face from hitting the stone floor. Her arms glistened with sweat and she fought the force behind her, “I… am…. worthy! I….. am…. shadow!”

Suddenly she pushed and the force on the back of her neck held only a second before releasing. She straightened back up and looked around the room with her sharp eyes, “I am Arawela Poe of the House of Raven! I am worthy of my birthright and my inheritance! I will prove it! I will bring upon this world a reign of terror and death through which proof of my worth will be a sustaining thread to connect me to you!”

The voices laughed again, but this time it was different, hollow and less sure. She stood to her feet and stared into the shadow, “Give me what I have come for, the Steward of the House commands it!”

Suddenly torches flared throughout the room. It was massive, lined with books, shelving of reagents, and buzzed with ancient knowledge. The pain in her knees suddenly wasn’t bothering her and a thin, twisted smile crossed her face, “Now my pretty little Aurora… you will feel the pain that I have felt, what was taken from me will be taken from you ten fold!”
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Indian10Aurora turned after Sionn finished talking and looked up at him. Her dark eyes were shining with tears as she raised her hand to cup his cheek. Again she noticed the stark contrast between her golden brown skin an his paleness. To someone else it would maybe seem odd, but to her it was beautiful.

"Now, I understand, Sionn. I didn't fully understand before.....I was afraid that you were telling me that I wasn't experienced enough for you...that I was too innocent. I am glad that you are honest with me an that you love me enough to stand here and explain things further to me because of my naivety and innocence. I also want to be standing here with you fifty years from now." She turned to see Ean standing next to a different car and it reminded her that soon they would be separated. Turning back to Sionn, she smiled sadly at him but her eyes were shining with love for him. "I will miss you horribly, Sionn....and I want to speak to you every day...at least once. I can only hope that we won't be separated for too long." She then stood up on her toes and pulled him to her, initiating a very passionate kiss, nibbling at his bottom lip before she stopped, her cheeks flushed and her eyes darker.

Suddenly, her face paled...she dropped to her knees her body visibly shaking all over. She didn't know what was going on...only that she suddenly was very cold and couldn't get warm. One thing she did know.....she could feel......something was happening with Arawela and it wasn't going to be good.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:14 am

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 EanBanner

Sionn immediately reached down and grabbed Aurora. Her skin was clammy and cold. Ean too was at her side in a flash and spoke to Sionn, "Roll her over lad," Sionn complied and gently got Aurora on her back. Ean laid a hand on her forehead and felt. After a moment he looked at her and spoke, "You are feeling the residual magic left in your body from her teleporting you. You are connected to her until it dissipates. Usually it takes only a few hours to a day, it's odd that it lingers in you longer."

Sionn furrowed his brows and looked at Ean. Ean, only a year or two older than Sionn patted him gently on the shoulder, "She'll be fine lad."

As they helped her to her feet the color was coming back to her face. Sionn helped her to the car and Ean went around to the driver side, getting into the car with a fast wink to Sionn. Sionn turned to Aurora and looked at her with both concern and sadness, "Ean is a good lad, he can teach you more than any of us ever could. My number is in the phone, I will await your call."

He bent down and kissed her one last time, helping her into the car and stood until he could no longer see the vehicle.

--

Ean looked at her after about ten minutes, she hadn't said a word. He spoke with an accent as thick as Sionn's but his voice was deeper, "Don't worry lass, you're gonna be grand. It's been a long time since a Sentinel with your potential came along, I should be honored to be teaching you, but to be honest, there will only be so much I can show you even... a lot of this is gon'a be up to you."

As she turned and looked at him he winked and continued, "We've only got an hour drive, feel free to sleep if you like, you've had a hard day, I won't mind."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water   Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 5 - Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: