Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 OlwaBanner

Olwa was surprised when Ranewen entered and as he listened to her he watched the Prince wondering what he would say. Ranewen, like himself, grew up at the castle. Both of them came from highly prominent families and were expected to follow in their family dynasties. Olwa had always known Ranewen's parents and his own parents were hopeful of a union between the two of them, and though he had always found Ranewen attractive he was never drawn to her in such a way. He wasn't aware of her feelings on the matter but neither had ever expressed inclinations other than their friendship and truthfully he saw her almost as a distant sister than a friend.

Growing up together and attending many of the same lessons on Silvanesti heritage, lineage, royal service and etiquette together had brought them to many of the same public and private functions. Olwa liked Ranewen a lot, in fact he was very much glad to have her on more than one occasion. They always had good conversations and he did see her as different from the other young females that were around. She was smart, very smart, and she was interesting beyond measure. Their conversations would often linger well into the night and like himself she had a deep appreciation for the arts.

Inwardly he was glad to know that her service to the royals was advancing, being asked to be the maid-nurse to Shaer, the princes own son, was indeed an honor. Knowing she would be coming to Glen Durel, he had mixed feelings, he wasn't sure why, but he did.

As Myth read the paper and gave his approval for her coming Olwa felt the slightest twinge in his stomach, though he didn't know why, there was just something... off, but he brushed it away as a fleeting feeling that was unsubstantiated in any proof.

He smiled to Ranewen and saluted the Prince who instructed all of them to meet him at the portal to Glen Durel in one hour. As he turned he gently squeezed Pela's hand and could feel as Ranewen's eyes lingered on him as he walked out of the room. He walked with Pela and when they were a distance from the Prince's quarters he spoke, "I will need to go to my parents home and pick up a few things. You are welcome to come but I need to warn you, they are of the old mind, human's are not treated in the warmest regards. They won't be rude or turn you away, but I wouldn't expect tea and cakes from them, not all Elves are like Ceridwyn. If you don't want to come I understand, but know that I would very much like to show you where I grew up if you are willing."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 ElfGirl

Ranewen was elated beyond words when the Prince agreed to bring her along. Of course Ranewen knew he would. What son can tell his mother no? Especially when it came to looking out for their grandchild’s interest? Keeping her elation capped, she inclined her head respectfully and smiled warmly. She was just getting ready to turn to speak to Olwa when she saw him salute then turn to leave with Pela. Anger flared for a short moment and she stuffed it back down. She had everything she needed so there was no need for her to go anywhere but a few short moments after Olwa and Pela left, she excused herself and slipped out.

She kept her distance far enough away as to not draw attention but close enough where she could hear what Olwa and Pela were speaking of. When she heard Olwa invite Pela to his parent’s home, she felt a grin ease over her features. If the human agreed to go, it would prove to be quite….interesting indeed.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Pela

Pela felt a strange stab of pain when Myth agreed to bring this Ranewen along to Glen Durel. She glanced at Olwa then back to Ranewen. Her happiness at going to Glen Durel just dampened considerably and she was certain her feelings reflected on her face. She was more than happy when Olwa turned and slipped out with her. It gave her some breathing room to sort all of this out. As Olwa told her he needed to return to his home to pick up a few things and invited her along, explaining about his parents, Pela smiled softly and nodded.

”It will not be the first time I will be around people who do not really care for me. And I am certain it will not be the last. But I would like to go and see where you grew up. It will help me learn more about you.”

Her blue eyes seemed to sparkle when she smiled at him. Of course Pela wanted to see Olwa’s home but she also wanted to see him interact with his parents. She had seen how Kali interacted with Rayann and Myth but she had never really seen how a child interacted with their parents under ‘normal’ circumstances.

As Olwa held onto her hand and guided her towards his home, Pela glanced down at the way their hands molded perfectly into each other and smiled to herself.

Ranewen couldn’t have been happier when she saw the two of them head off towards Olwa’s home. She knew his parents were very traditional and when they saw the way their son was consorting with a human woman. One who wielded wild magic even, they wouldn’t be all that happy with their son. Leaving Ranewen just the opening she would need to start the process of pushing Pela out and putting herself in the witch’s place.

Oh yes. Glen Durel was going to be a lovely experience and she couldn’t wait to get started making plans for her future.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Olwa smiled warmly as Pela agreed to his request. He tightened his grip on her hand slightly and exhaled as if trying to blow stress from his lungs. He smiled nervously and nodded, “It will be good to have you with me.”

His statement might not have made total sense, but she might pick up there was some trepidation on his part to go home, not because she was with him but in general. Olwa walked, leading her slowly towards his parent’s home. They walked from the castle grounds and out the main gate to the city proper. Just barely outside the gate he turned and they walked to a massive tree that was in fact a house. The spiral staircase the wove up and around the outside of the tree was in perfect harmony with its surroundings. The staircase almost blended perfectly with the bark and was held fast by thin, twisting branches that looked like they were grown rather than built. Olwa lead Pela up the stair and to the door which was around the back side of the tree. The closer the door got the more Pela was able to perceive magic.

Olwa opened the door and what lay inside was simply breath taking. The interior was clearly larger than the exterior, and because of the magical enchantments used to make it so Pela would feel a buzzing in her gut. Olwa entered and removed his shows, gesturing for Pela to do the same. In a perfect line along the wall were several pairs of shoes, all finely crafted and placed in precise formation. He took her shoes when she took them off and placed them where they needed to be. Just as he was standing back up straight a female elf walked into the room and looked at Olwa. Her face looked as if it was carved from white porcelain and there wasn’t even a hint of imperfection. She walked over to Olwa and raised a hand to him. He took it and leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on her cheek and spoke, “Greetings Mother, this is Pela whom I have told you about.”

His mother looked at him and furrowed her brow, and spoke softly, “I suppose that your speaking common is acceptable given the current company you keep.” She turned and looked at Pela as if expecting a curtsey that never came, “And I suppose she is not versed enough in our customs or greetings to understand her faux pas, no matter. Greetings Pela, I am Alawana Pilinage, Olwa’s mother.”

She extended a half-hearted hand and after Pela took it she turned to Olwa, “I presume you are here to gather your things before leaving for your assignment?”

Olwa nodded and spoke, “Aye mother.”

She bristled slightly as he spoke again in common and inhaled deeply, “As I expected. Go ahead to your duties, I assume you are leaving soon.”

Olwa nodded and then turned to Pela, “Come, I will show you my room.”

Alawana reached and touched Pela gently on the arm and spoke, “By no means Olwa, Pela will be fine here. Gather what you need and she and I will chat.”

Olwa looked at his mother pensively and finally nodded. He looked to Pela apologetically and spoke to her mind ~ “I will be in haste, I am sorry.” ~

As he disappeared up the stairs Alawana regarded Pela a moment and then gestured to a set of chairs that were off to the side in the very formal room and spoke, “Come, let us sit while we wait, would you care for a beverage?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Pela could feel Olwa’s hesitation almost immediately. She squeezed his hand gently as they walked towards his home. As they approached the large tree, she let her eyes take in the staircase. It always impressed her how the Elves were able to craft their homes in the trees almost as if the trees had gladly accepted them doing so. The whole way up the steps she admired not only the craftsmanship of the stairs but the city itself from this height.

Once inside and Olwa asked for her shoes, she gladly gave them up without asking. This was, after all, Olwa’s family and she would honor what ever tradition they had. As the Elven woman appeared, Pela was awestruck by her beauty. Ceridwyn always captured her attention but this woman was equally as beautiful. But there was an air of aristocracy about her that seemed to give Pela a slight pause.

As Olwa exchanged greetings with his mother, Pela smiled, but that smile faded slightly as she heard the words exchanged between them. As the woman spoke about Pela as though she weren’t there, or worse yet, something other than a respectable being, Pela could feel her anger beginning to prickle. And to complicate things, the woman was talking down to Olwa in such a way that Pela was beginning to understand Olwa’s trepidation in coming here with her. In fact, Pela was wondering now if coming here with him was such a good idea after all. When the woman greeted her, Pela nodded respectfully and spoke softly maintaining eye contact with the woman.

”Greetings, ma’am. It is nice to meet you.”

As the exchange on what Olwa was doing there took place, Pela felt a knot starting in the pit of her stomach. It was very similar to the way it felt the day she almost brought down the mess hall on the Knights because of Sir Walter’s insistent meddling.

Finally when Olwa started to show her to his room, she felt the knot begin to loosen. Until she felt the touch to her arm. Without realizing it, and only because of years of living in a very hostile environment, Pela’s skin instantly turned ice cold to the touch and a definite drop in temperature occurred in her immediate area. When Olwa spoke to her mind, Pela gave a barely noticeable nod then turned to look at Alawana. When she saw Alawana lift her brow slightly, Pela realized what she’d done and immediately calmed herself. As Alawana offered her a place to sit and a beverage, Pela sat down and shook her head.

”Thank you for the offer but I shall decline.”

There was a moment of awkward silence as the woman seemed to stare at Pela and Pela glanced around. Finally she smiled softly and looked back at Alawana.

”You have a lovely home, ma’am. It is so different from Heartlund Keep. The beauty in the details in astounding and I find myself fascinated by it every time I come to Silvanost.”

Pela kept her breathing calm and clamped down on her nervousness. She knew if she didn’t, another incident like a few moments ago could happen again and she didn’t want to do that. Instead, she tried to focus on something other than the borderline rudeness of Olwa’s mother.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Alawana seemed slightly offended as her offer for a beverage was declined, but she moved to the chairs all the same and watched Pela as looked around the home. When Pela finally talked and compared the home to a human keep Alawana laughed almost mockingly and spoke, "Well obviously child, to compare an Elven home to a human one is almost... well it's simply ludicrous to even consider such things."

Alawana turned her head as a servant brought her a silver cup. She took the cup barely acknowledging the other elf and though the Mistress hardly confirmed her presence, she bowed her head respectively and then glanced at Pela. The servant elf had a wild look in her eyes and her cornea were a bluish green like the color of blue spruce needles. There were streaks of green in her hair and it blended with the dirty brown color. Though it was clean and kept Pela could see a great deal of effort was done in making it so. The servant girls skin was also much darker than Alawana or Olwa's.

Alawana swirled the wine in her silver goblet as she stared at Pela and then finally she spoke, "So Olwa tells us that you are one of the heroes of the day, that the battle of Heartlund could have been much different had you not been there. He even says your power exceeds your years, in fact he speaks so highly and so often of you one can only guess as to the nature of such a fast paced close relationship. There is the feeling it is almost, infatuation more than relational."

Her eyes almost seemed to pierce Pela, as if every single movement, facial expression, twitch of the eyes and word were being cataloged, scrutinized and studied. Clearly Alawana was searching or something.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:50 pm

When the servant arrived, Pela studied her closely. The difference between the Elves in Silvanost and the servant was as noticeable night and day. The almost wild look in the woman’s strangely colored eyes seemed to call to Pela from deep within and she had to stop herself form getting up and following the woman to where ever it was she was headed to.

Again Pela heard the near contempt in Alawana’s voice as she spoke about the comparison of the hose to human dwellings and the way she talked about the battle. Obviously this woman had no idea just how close she came to losing this fine home she lived in and the pampered life she lived in it.

It was these type of people Pela and Bad Rock always targeted when it came to hunting their unsuspecting prey. As she sat here listening to Olwa’s mother talk like it was more a bother the battle took place than anything, Pela’s anger began to flare and she skin was slowly growing cooler and cooler to the touch.

Pela’s eyes settled on Alawana’s gaze as the woman spoke about the nature of Olwa and her relationship. She knew she could say a great deal about just how close she and Olwa was, but to respect him and not place him in a bad or awkward situation, she remained quiet about it. What she DID talk about was the battle and that she wasn’t the only one who had a hand in saving Krynn.

”I was but one of many who helped save the day. Because Olwa and I were younger and worked together so easily, they allowed us to maintain the Eastern wall of the Keep. But if it had not been for him, Kali would not have been able to bring the towers down the way she did. He was instrumental in making sure she was protected while she cast her spells. And we all owe a great deal of gratitude to the dragons who showed up with the rider who wielded the Dragonlance. Even those of us who were not at the battle. Clearly, if things had not gone the way they did, I fear Ansalon and eventually all of Krynn would forever be gone. Thankfully, though, that is not the case. And here we sit.”

Alawna’s words were striking a nerve with the young sorceress, though. Was Olwa just infatuated with her because she was so different? Was there something between Ranewen and Olwa and that’s the real reason the girl showed up like she did? But Olwa had seemed so sincere with his affections towards her. Was he just playing her along until something better showed up? Like Ranewen?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 am

Alawana narrowed her eyes slightly as she listened to Pela speak. She finally gave a genuine smile when Pela spoke of Olwa but it was fleeting as Pela continued. Her expression was indignant at best and she responded after giving a slight yawn, "Kali, the half-blood, it is no wonder she has given in to the darker ways of her human blood. One can only wonder what will come of her and the affects those towers had on her. I suppose it is a matter of..."

Olwa came into the room, a large backpack slung over his right shoulder. He walked up to the two ladies and looked at his mother and spoke, "I am packed mother, we will be on our way then."

Alawana leaned back slightly as she looked up at him and spoke, "You have not yet said good-bye to your father."

Olwa looked at her and then glanced slightly to Pela before returning his gaze to his mother, "Father is on duty and the Prince is expecting us, we leave in 35 minutes and I don't want to be the cause of any delays."

With a heavy sigh Alawana stood and leaned in, hugging Olwa tightly. She stepped back placing both hands on his shoulders and looked him directly in the eyes, "We are proud of you my son, this assignment will do you well in your coming years, being beside the Prince is an honor that almost all Elves do not achieve."

Olwa nodded and Pela would see he was almost sad in his response, "Yes Mother, I know. This is what you and father have always wanted."

She touched his cheek and smiled, "And you as well my son."

He looked up into her eyes, but he remained silent. After a moment he inhaled deeply and finally spoke, "Well mother, as I said, we must get to the departure portal."

Alawana nodded, it was clear that she was feeling sadness at her sons departure. As she turned she looked at Pela, almost as if she was surprised the girl was still standing there. She showed little in her face regarding the young ice sorceress. From the same room she had emerged earlier the wild looking servant elf appeared and brought a bundle of food as well as a gorgeous traveling cloak. She handed the bundle of food to Pela with a soft smile and a bow of her head. She then turned to Olwa and spoke in Elvish. Her voice was an exact opposite of her wild look, it was soft, refined and her words were brief. Olwa smiled warmly to her and gave a nod of thanks as he spoke to her as well in their native language. Pela would be able to pick up bits and pieces from being around Ceridwyn, Aeolis and Olwa the last year, he was thanking her and telling her to take care of herself.

He turned and looked at Pela, smiling and nodding. Looking back at his mother he spoke in Elvish, bidding her farewell. He turned and opened the door just as an Elf, dressed in the uniform and leather armor of the royal guard was reaching for the door. The male was average side and his face looked as if it was chiseled from stone, both in it's perfect features but also it's hardness. He looked at Olwa, then to Alawana and finally to Pela before looking back at Olwa. It would be obvious to Pela that this was Olwa's father, he and his son were almost a spitting image of one another, sharing a very large amount of facial features and upright posture.

He spoke in Elven and Olwa nodded before responding in kind, using their language. Olwa's father furrowed his brows and gestured towards the inside of the house but Olwa shook his head and responded softly. His father was obviously annoyed at whatever Olwa said and he looked hard at Pela before stepping through the door and allowing them to leave. He spoke again to Olwa, his voice this time was slightly softer but still very much firm. Olwa nodded and gently placed his hand on the small of Pela's back, very gently nudging her to exit first. He could feel the incredible cold coming from under her dress and was suddenly aware that the air temperature around her was much cooler than the rest of the room. He was so focused on his parents and just getting out that he had not noticed and he felt bad about that. As Pela went before him Olwa's father spoke again and Olwa stopped dead in his tracks before turning and looking over his shoulder at his father's face. He simply nodded and his father furrowed his brows slightly as Olwa pulled the door closed behind him. He remained silent as he and Pela walked down the stairs.

When they finally reached the bottom he turned and dropped his stuff, reaching and grabbing Pela. He hugged her so tightly that Pela would feel the air slightly forced from her lungs. He whispered softly into her cheek, "I am so sorry. I should not have brought you there and subjected you to their snobbery. Please forgive me."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

Pela was just getting ready to let Alawana know just what she thought of her words regarding the human blood Kali had coursing through her veins when Olwa appeared. She was never so grateful for his arrival for she knew if she HAD spoken her mind to the Elven woman, she would never be welcomed in Silvanost ever again. And she would have disappointed Ceridwyn and Rayann even more. But thankfully that never happened.

When Alawana stood, Pela did as well giving the two their space so they could say their goodbyes. Pela was astute enough to pick up on the way Olwa responded to his mother’s words regarding his future. Especially the part where they spoke about what it was his parents wanted. The fact he remained silent told Pela everything she needed to know as to why Olwa didn’t want to discuss things with her. Her ice blue eyes glanced from mother to son and back again as the exchange took place.

When the servant reappeared with the cloak and bundle of food, Pela’s eyes never left her. When she handed the bundle of food to her, Pela once more felt a calling from deep inside of her. When the woman bowed her head, Pela leaned in slightly and spoke softly thanking her using the Elven language she had been learning. The words slid so easily off her tongue that it almost seemed as though she’d known how to speak the elegant language all her life.

As they turned to leave and the Elven man appeared, Pela took a small step back. It was as though she were looking at a slightly older version of Olwa. Her eyes traced the features of his face then Olwa’s and the resemblance was remarkable. There were a few traits of his mother Pela could see but the dominating features belonged to his father. But Pela could see much of Olwa’s own uniqueness mingled in his features as well giving him his own distinct look.

As Olwa and his father exchanged words, once more Pela could feel the tension between Olwa and his parents. She once more became the silent observer and the way things were going, it was all she could do to keep from freezing the food. The tension she could feel growing only added to her own anxiety and as a result, her body began to react physically to it. When Olwa finally placed his hand in the small of her back and nudged her to move, she was more than happy to oblige. When she heard Olwa’s father’s voice speak on last time, she glanced over her shoulder and saw the look that crossed Olwa’s face. Whatever his father said didn’t set well with him and she gave a barely noticeable shake of her head letting him know now wasn’t the time for whatever it was he was thinking.

Finally they headed down the stairs and Pela couldn’t move fast enough down them. Her mind was a whirl of thoughts. Were things ALWAYS this strained for Olwa? Why didn’t he do what HE wanted to do and not what his parents wanted him to do? Was it something with Elven culture she didn’t understand? If this was what it was like to have real parents, she was so glad she had just Bad Rock.

When they reached the bottom of the steps and Olwa dropped everything to reach for her and hug her so tight she felt the air pushed from her lungs, Pela blinked. Almost instantly her body temperature began to rise and the air around her grew warmer. It was the affect Olwa had on her and reaching her one free arm around him and hugging him back just as tightly as she could, she whispered softly into his ear as she closed her eyes and felt her fears slowly melt away.

”You have done nothing to apologize for, Olwa. You warned me what they would be like and I was prepared. For that, I thank you.”

When the hug stopped and she stepped back to look at him, she reached up and touched his cheek with her still cool but not cold hand and smiled softly.

”Today, your life begins anew. Perhaps a life of YOUR choosing.”

She didn’t bother to elaborate knowing he would understand what she meant. She turned and took his hand in hers then nodded towards the castle and smiled brightly.

”Come. I believe the Prince is waiting for us. I do not know about you, but Glen Durel will be a welcome change.”

From across the distance Ranewen watched the Pilininge home. The minutes ticked on like days as she waited to see the two depart. As her sharp eyes watched Pela moving down the stairs at a quick pace she smiled. No doubt Alawana had been her absolute welcoming best to the human girl. And from the look on Olwa’s face the words his father spoke to him must have not been what Olwa wanted to hear.

She thought Alawana would be hard enough on Pela but when she saw Olwa’s father arrive, she was almost giddy knowing the man would be even less impressed with the human girl and he would tell his son just what he thought of him consorting with a human female. And from what she could see at this distance, her thoughts had been correct.

But when she saw the way Olwa stopped and drew Pela into a tight hug, Ranewen’s eyes narrowed and her smile faded. That was NOT what she wanted to see. Obviously she had some work to do but if Ranewen knew Alawana, the woman had most likely planted seeds of doubt and all Ranewen had to do was keep feeding them so they took a firm root hold.

With a sly smile on her face, Ranewen turned and walked back towards the castle making sure she arrived well ahead of the other two. When she entered the room she smiled brightly at the Prince and the twin guards then walked over to fuss over Shaer. Again the child seemed to grow excited when she paid attention to him and like any good tutor, indulged his attention.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 am

Olwa and Pela made their way to the exit portal and walked into the room to find they were the last to arrive. Olwa cursed under his breath, this was not what he wanted. Even though they were 10 minutes early in his mind they were late. He turned and looked at Pela with an apologetic smile and then turned to salute the Prince. He turned to see Ranewen holding the prince inherent and could not help but smile, she was his friend and she was glowing as she held Shaer.

Prince gave the order and turned to Pela with a nod, she reached forward and hissed the activation words. The portal illuminated and spun like a pool of swirling water, Glen Durel became visible on the other side. Myth gave a nod of thanks and as was the custom lead the procession into the portal room at Glen Durel. It was a new addition to the western most wing where Rayann had her study and laboratory for mixing reagents. The room was at the far end of the hall and had several portals to areas across Ansalon. As the group walked through Rayann was there to great them.

Olwa saw the look on the Prince's face, it went from Elvish and like stone to soft and full of joy instantly. Olwa could see without a doubt that these two were in love. An Elf and a human. Going against all convention and tradition the Prince had elected to take a human for his bride, not only had he spoke in Council about the need for alliance with the humans he had shown that his words were not hollow. Olwa instinctively squeezed Pela's hand, not even realizing he was doing so, but Pela would almost physically feel the love he had for her being communicated to her from this gesture.

As Rayann came to Olwa and gently placed her hands on his shoulders he bowed his head respectfully and spoke in Elven, "My Princess."

Rayann turned to Pela and the two exchanged pleasantries with smiles. The two talked a moment about how they were doing and it was obvious to Olwa that the two of them were over joyed to see one another.

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 KaliBlack

Suddenly there was an obvious presence in the room. Kali stepped from the shadows, her black robes slightly took Olwa aback, he glanced to Rayann and then back to Kali. Rayann didn't respond, obviously she knew that Kali had shifted alliances but Pela did not and her eyes were slightly wide, though Olwa wasn't sure if it was the robes or the scar that covered more than half the left side of her face.

Kali nodded to Olwa but then focused her eyes on Shaer. Her face turned to a genuine smile and she walked over to Ranewen. She reached to her brother and Ranewen almost seemed to hesitate in handing him over but a stern look from Kali and she sheepishly complied. Kali kissed Shaer gently on the cheek and inhaled softly as she touched her forehead to his. Shaer calmed from his excited giggles almost immediately and it seemed to everyone in the room that the two were communicating, but that was impossible, Shaer was just over a year old, there was no way he could talk. Kali leaned back from him and Shaer chirped excitedly and reached, grabbing a tuft of Kali's hair and pulling. Kali only smiled and tilted her head to absorb the yank on her honey blond locks.

Ranewen shifted uncomfortably as Shaer grabbed at Kali, almost as if she didn't know what to do with herself and dared a half step towards Kali to take Shaer again. Kali turned and looked at Ranewen with a look of daggers that mentally pierced the Elven female. She spoke to her mind, ~ "Don't dare ever attempt to separate me from my brother. I will be watching you, I know a conniver when I see one." ~

Ranewen's face went pale and she stepped back so quickly that Rayann knew Kali had said something hard to the young elfess. Kali turned to her parents and spoke, "I will be in Shaer's room spending time with him if you need me."

She looked at Olwa and Pela as she passed. Her face softened slightly but they could both see there were many thoughts on her mind. She nodded a soft fairwell to them as she departed. Her change since the events at the towers were obvious, even to those who had barely known her beforehand. Her soft, black, velvety robes swooshed and the sound quickly faded as she vanished from sight mid stride.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 RayannRed

Rayann was never so anxious to see Myth in all her life. The moment he stepped through the portal, she was walking towards him. Protocol called for her to wait for everyone to make it through the portal before she greeted anyone but from the look on Myth’s face and the kind of morning she herself had already had, Rayann threw protocol to the wind and walked up to wrap her arms around Myth’s torso and lay her head on his chest after she gave him a soft kiss and closed her eyes as she felt his strong arms close around her. The world could be falling down around her feet but when she was in Myth’s arms, nothing mattered.

When Pela watched Rayann and Myth, she couldn’t help but smile. The normally stoic Prince of the Silvanesti seemed to change, literally, into a different person the moment his feet touched the floor in Glen Durel. And to see him greet his wife the way he did made Pela sigh softly. Theirs was a love that seemed to bridge gaps so far apart it seemed impossible but yet, here they were. Especially after learning of their history from both Rayann and Ceridwyn.

Pela glanced at Olwa when he squeezed her hand and when he glanced at her, the look in the depths of his eyes took her breath away. She wasn’t really sure what love between a man and woman was like but she had a feeling this was what it was like. Returning the gesture and smiling lovingly at him, she hoped her unspoken words were enough to convey to him just what she felt for him.

When Rayann turned to greet her, Rayann couldn’t help but reach out and embrace the young woman. She seemed so….mature now. Even more so than the last time she’d laid eyes on her. And when Pela returned the embrace it did Rayann’s heart good. While there was no way Pela could ever take anyones place in her heart, Rayann was discovering Pela had a place all her own in Rayann’s heart and Rayann was glad to let that blossom.

The instant she felt Kali’s presence in the room, she turned to give her first teacher a bright smile but as quickly as the smile appeared it was gone. The black robes on Kali’s frame spoke volumes and she wasn’t prepared for the change. In any way. Pela couldn’t help but give her a wide eyes look. Pela knew Kali had suffered a great deal of injury at the end of the battle but she didn’t realize she still had such a terrible scar that looked, well, so angry. And Pela could see the change in her eyes as well.

Glancing from Rayann to Kali then to Olwa then back to Kali, Pela watched Kali as she approached Ranewen. Pela saw the way Ranewen reacted to Kali, especially when Kali reached for Shaer but after a quick glance at the gathered observers, Ranewen turned Shaer over to Kali. As she watched Kali with the child, she saw how the child settled almost instantly the moment they touched foreheads.

When Ranewen went to retrieve the child from Kali’s arms, she was given a sharp reprimand mentally and it immediately caused the Elfess to recoil like she’d been stung. And in a way, she had. Feeling the color drain from her face, Ranewen took a step back and swallowed hard then glanced at Myth and Rayann.

As Kali walked away with Shaer, Ranewen was beginning to wonder if she had made a mistake by coming here. This……abomination that lived here could be dangerous. For everyone. Blinking her blue eyes, Ranewen glanced around at the others and saw the different reactions to Kali. Taking stock of what she saw, she would work around that.

As Kali passed by with Shaer, Pela whispered to her.

”I would like to spend some time with you, Kali. When you are ready for company, of course.”

She knew Kali heard her and when Kali was ready, she would contact Pela. While Pela was shocked to see the change in Kali, both magically and physically, she knew Kali was a wealth of knowledge and Pela still saw Kali as her first teacher. As Kali faded from sight, Pela looked over at Rayann and raised her brows.

Rayann looked to Pela, Olwa, ranewen then to Myth and sighed heavily.

”Well, as you can all see, things are a bit different with Kali now.”

She looked over at Ranewen then.

”Whatever she said to you, please don’t take to heart. She’s a bit more….brunt than she used to be.”

She smiled at Ranewen then.

”And I must say, your presence here doesn’t surprise me any. In fact, I have set up quarters for you just in case. After the way Myth’s mother went on about you the last time I was in Silvanost, I had a feeling she would insist you continue your tutoring of our son.”

Ranewen smiled brightly and inclined her head respectfully then looked back at Rayann.

”I’m honored to be the one to teach him, Princess. I do so enjoy his company a great deal and I was sad to think I would not see him for long stretches at a time.”

Rayann smiled even more then gestured with her hand to have everyone follow her and Myth.

”Come. Let’s get you all settled into your rooms and then I believe it will be time for some much needed dinner.”

Glen Durel wasn’t a big castle, compared to some castles, but it certainly was big. Rayann took Pela, Olwa and Ranewen to their rooms in a wing that was adjacent to the wing she, Myth and Shaer occupied. They were all in the same wing but their rooms were on different floors. And each room had their own sitting room with the bedroom off of it. The beds were large and inviting and each room had a study area off the opposite side of the sitting room than the bedroom was. Olwa and Pela’s room had windows that faced the waters of the Bay of Branchala but on different floors with Pela’s being the upper most floor, which was the fourth floor. She knew Pela needed the cooler air the currents of the Bay brought with them and she knew Olwa loved the feeling of being outdoors. Ranewen was given a room on the second floor. The windows in her room looked out at the many trees in Glen Durel as well as the rolling meadows.

There were two bathing rooms in the wing. While Rayann never really said one was for the young women and one was for Olwa, there was a distinct look in her eyes that told them what it should be. As the guests dropped their traveling bags in their rooms, Rayann and Myth took them through the rest of the castle. She showed Ranewen where she would be teaching Shaer once things settled down and she showed Olwa where Myth’s ‘official’ quarters were for his duties to the Silvanesti.

She led then through to the dining hall to show them where formal dinners were to take place then she took them to a smaller, more cozy room that was set up with a slightly smaller table but still large enough for all of them plus a few others. Rayann explained this was where the large percentage of the meals would be taken as she preferred a more casual atmosphere when it came to eating dinner.

As Ranewen walked around with the small group, she saw the drab touch done by humans as they built the home of the Padraig’s. While she could see Elven influence in many things, even a few elegant things that seemed to surpass even the Elves, she could still see the overall craftsmanship of the human world. It would take some getting used to, but she would never learn to like it.

As they were shown their rooms, she couldn’t believe how lucky it was she would share the wing as Olwa. Of course, Pela would to, but that was only a minor issue. The fact they were placed in such close proximity would make it easy for her to visit with him when she needed to.

The last place they had been taken was an area Kali occupied. It was between the wing the guests occupied and the wing Rayann, Myth and Shaer occupied but it was no smaller than the other areas. Rayann made it very clear they were not to go into this area unless invited to do so by Kali herself.

As they returned to the main living area of the castle, Rayann smiled at each of them and told them to go get themselves settled and when it was time to eat, she would send for them. Pela glanced at Olwa and smiled brightly. As they walked, hand in hand, Ranewen followed in behind them. Pela couldn’t believe how beautiful things were here and she already felt herself relaxing a great deal.

”I did not know this place would be this beautiful. I remember very little of it from the last time I was here. Then again, the last time I was here I was not on such good terms with the Mistress of the Glen. Bad Rock and I were most unwelcomed. I am glad it was not destroyed.”

Ranewen spoke up from behind them. Pela ha d all but forgotten she was still there and as she heard the Elfess’ voice, she felt her brows furrow.

”It’s strange how you’re welcomed back with such hospitality then, Pela. I’m glad the Princess doesn’t harbor any bad feelings against you for that.”

Pela glanced over her shoulder at Ranewen, who looked very innocent. She was just getting ready to say something to her when Ranewen put on a bright smile and started walking down the hall where her room was.

”Well, this is where my room is. I will see you at dinner, Olwa. Pela.”

Pela furrowed her brows even more but didn’t say anything. There was something about the way the Elfess spoke to her that made Pela feel as though she was degrading her but she merely brushed it off. As they reached the hall where Olwa’s room was, Pela smiled and gave him a soft kiss to his cheek.

”If you get done before we are called to dinner, come on up and we will wait for dinner together.”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Olwa smiled and bid Ranewen farewell and then walked with Pela to his room. As she spoke he looked in his room and then back to her, "I have nothing in there worth leaving you for. My bags are small, I can unpack before bed."

He smiled and continued walking to the spiral staircase and to her room. He opened the door and gestured for her to go first. He followed her in and opened the doors to the large deck that was adjacent to the room and looked out across the emerald grasses that suddenly ended. He could tell by the perspective of the bay behind it that the drop was significant and the cliffs must be massive. He turned and looked at Pela with a smile, "What a spectacular view."

He walked over and picked up her bags, placing them on her bed, "I would dare not to go into your things unless you wanted my assistance." Pela smiled and told him that he could help with two bags, but the third had her private things. He laughed and nodded in understanding and he started helping her lay her things out so they could be put away. As he unpacked and she tucked the items where they belonged their conversation was joyful and fun.

Kali played with Shaer in his room. It was right beside her parents with an adjoining door which she left open. She had no reason to be secretive, he was her brother, they were their parents, and for a small window she felt a sense of family again even though her mother and father were showing off the castle and it's places to their guests. She moved the small wooden horses across the room with her magic, making them look like they were galloping and Shaer shrieked in delight. The animation would cease the second he touched them and he would pound them on the floor and then throw them towards Kali who would wave her hand gently and bring them back to life. Again he would shriek and tumble after them. Though they were in a different part of the castle, Rayann and Myth would feel her laughter in their heads as well as the love and the connection being shared between the siblings.

After a couple hours Myth and Rayann came into the dining room. Kali was already there with Shaer and they would see her face was filled with a little more joy. She had changed since the battle of the towers, but not all of it was dark and ominous. There was a new distinction in her interactions with her brother, clearly her love for him had exploded like a wet garden waiting for the sun. She had always loved her little brother and spent time with him, but the only thing that ever really brought her smile out anymore was when she was with Shaer. As her parents came in Kali walked over and handed her brother to her mother. She stroked his hair one last time and turned to them both, "He is the best thing you two ever made."

Rayann semi-tilted her head and was about to add that Kali too was special but Kali stopped her, "We both know that he has a true light in his heart mother, let's not kid ourselves. I know all about your love for me and the equality in it, but where my heart has a dark side his has only light."

She turned and looked at Myth, walking over to him she put her arms around him and hugged him tightly. It was the first time she had seen him in months and she just needed a squeeze from her father. Myth embraced her gently and stroked her hair a few seconds before she pulled back and looked at him. There were no words but their eyes were locked in a mutual understanding of the world. Both had walked the line of darkness, then that of light, and now straddled the two. Kali knew that though both parents loved her dearly it was Myth who understood her the most.

Hearing the other approaching her face almost instantly changed. It didn't become darker, but it was almost an expression of annoyance that the time she would have spent with her dinner was being interrupted, however she knew why. As the rest of the people walked into the room Kali regarded them all with a glance and then walked over to Pela. She gestured for the girl to come with her aside from the others and spoke to Pela out of earshot. She could see the Ranewen was straining to listen in and with her extremely sharp hearing would be able to from this distance. Kali gave an almost vicious smile to the girl and leaned forward to kiss Pela on the forehead. The spot her lips touched got warm and then faded. It was never uncomfortable but the flow of magic from Kali would be obvious to her. Kali looked at her and spoke. Pela would understand every word but all Ranewen would hear was gibberish, "I will meet with you whenever you like. Know that of all the people here you are the only one welcomed to my wing as you see fit to come."

Kali looked up again and watched the group as she spoke, "My time here is coming to an end," she glanced back at Pela, "I suggest you take advantage of my offer while you still can."

The was all she said. She looked at Pela and then gestured that they should rejoin the group. Her words were strange and open ended, was she dying? Was she leaving? Was something terrible about to happen? It was unclear and slightly puzzling, but Kali offered nothing more on the matter as they all stood and waited for Myth and Rayann to announce that dinner was served.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Pela felt her cheeks grow warm when Olwa offered to help her unpack and she mentioned the bag with her private things in it. She’d never really taken much care of who saw what in the past but things changed for her when Olwa came along. She began to take notice of the little things she noticed on other females her age took extra time in. Things like how much her hair had been brushed or even pinned up, certain dresses that had a particular color to it and of course, the fact everything fit perfectly.

And of course Pela was grateful for Olwa’s company while she unpacked her things. From time to time she would pause in her unpacking and walk over to the window and look out as the breeze washed over her. Inevitably she would smile at the way she could feel the cool air almost instantly calm her.

By the time Rayann had contacted them to let them know dinner was ready, she was completely done, save for her unmentionables, and was actually quite hungry. As they made their way back down the stairs, Ranewen just happen to be waiting near her landing and joined them. Again she greeted them the way she had spoken her farewell to them earlier.

”Olwa…..how lovely to see you again so soon. Of course I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a good deal of each other. Well, more so than usual anyway.”

Glancing at Pela, she gave the girl a quick head to toe glance and smiled pleasantly.

”Hello, Pela. Did you get all settled?”

Pela furrowed her brows when she saw Ranewen and as the girl greeted Olwa, she felt her relaxed mood slowly start to creep away. When Renewen turned to look back at her and ask if she had gotten settled, Pela nodded and almost mumbled her answer to the Elfess.

As they entered the casual dining room, Pela saw Kali right away then nodded a greeting to Rayann and Myth. As Kali drew her to the side, Pela glanced around then looked back at Kali. Pela never questioned Kali’s motives when she leaned in and kissed her forehead. Pela wasn’t afraid of Kali but then again, Pela had no reason to be. The two had always been up front and honest with each other and they both respected what the other was capable of. But when Pela felt the warmth of the kiss she quirked a brow at Kali.

As Kali spoke to her, she glanced over at Rayann and Myth and saw they were smiling at Shaer as the child babbled on cheerfully. Then her eyes strayed to Ranewen and Olwa and she saw that Olwa wasn’t really paying much attention to what she and Kali was doing but Ranewen seemed to be almost….annoyed. Pela looked back at Kali and held her gaze for a long moment. The ominous message Kali gave her caused her brows to furrow and she kept her voice low as she spoke to the mage.

”I thank you for the invitation, Kali. Perhaps I will be there this evening before I turn in for the evening. I would love to talk to you about a great many things.”

She glanced over at Rayann when she heard her announce dinner was indeed ready. Pela felt the pull of magic and the room suddenly filled with the delicious aroma of a meal that appeared on the table. Rayann gestured for everyone to sit down.

When everyone sat down, Olwa found himself sitting between Ranewen and Pela with Ranewen making sure she took the seat closest to Myth leaving Pela sitting closest to Rayann. Shaer was on Rayann’s lap as they sat and ate. The toddler was quite happy to sample several pieces of his mothers food and squealed from time to time to let everyone know he was indeed happy.

Midway through the meal, Rayann looked over at Ranewen and smiled.

”I hope your accommodations will suit you, Ranewen. I know Glen Durel is a bit drab compared to the Elven craftsmanship in Silvanost, but this has been my home since my birth and I can’t bring myself to change much of anything.”

Ranewen put her fork down, dabbed her lips off with her napkin and swallowed her food then spoke to Rayann. Her voice was soft and respectful.

”Your home is very nice, Princess and I thank you for welcoming me into it. The room you have set up for me is very spacious. Thank you for thinking of me.”

Rayann smiled and nodded then looked to Pela and smiled even more.

”Are you able to get a good breeze from your windows, Pela?”

Pela swallowed down her food and used her napkin in kind and nodded, smiling brightly.

”Yes! It is so much more than I could have asked for. And the view is, well, as Olwa stated, spectacular. The air moves quite well through my windows up there. Thank you.”

Rayann chuckled softly.

”You’re very welcome.”

She turned her gaze to Olwa then and she seemed to smile almost mischievously.

”Olwa? Is your room good? Oh, and before I forget, I believe Prince Myth’Alas has a surprise for you after dinner. Ceri and I thought it would be nice for you to have a little piece of home so I’ve told him where it’s located.”

She glanced at Myth who was looking stoic yet again but there was definitely a twinkle to his emerald gaze, if one could say Myth ever had twinkling eyes.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Kali nodded with a half smile as Pela responded. As they made their way to dinner Kali did something completely unprecedented and removed her wizard's robes, hanging them on a hook in the shadows. She turned and walked to the table, her body covered in a black dress that was as elegant as it was ominous looking. Her long hair flowed over the robes and was down to her waist, falling in thick locks that were brushed as straight as bridge timbers. She sat when the food appeared and her face was neither friendly nor ominous. She glanced around the table as the group dug in and her eyes locked on Ranewen's the elfess stopped and looked at her and the right side of Kali's mouth twisted into a shallow sneer, ~ "You are Elven, you can speak through the mind and your ears are as sharp as a Knight's blade. Don't think I can't find a measure of circumvention to anything you attempt against my brother. So help me if you dare to undermine his safety or his joy I will see to it that your life will be held in forfeit over it." ~

Kali's attention was broken when Rayann touched her arm and she turned to look at Rayann. Her mother was smiling and handing her a bowl of roasted potatoes in drawn garlic butter and sage. Kali took them and spooned some on to her plate. As she passed the dish on she watched as Rayann fulfilled her true role, that of wife, mother, and Princess. She was always one to enjoy the company and the laughter of others, it amazed Kali that her mother ever stepped onto the path of magic, it was secondary to her... she belonged as a Princess, not as a wizard.

Kali's thoughts were broken as Olwa spoke to her from across the table. She turned to look at him and spoke softly, "Please repeat that Olwa."

Olwa spoke again, "I asked how you are feeling Kali."

The room seemed to quiet as all eyes fell to her. She could feel them looking at her but her eyes remained locked on Olwa, "Do you ask out of concern or because you feel an obligation to me. Or perhaps even still you harbor a sense of obligation out of guilt, that the magic should have been yours to bear the brunt of and not mine?"

The room became eerily silent except for the playful burbles of Shaer and Olwa cleared his throat softly as he responded, "No... I mean, I was just wondering... I mean, I wanted to know if you are healing."

Kali's face twisted slightly in a smile and she spoke, "Then to that end I will answer appropriately, I will never heal, the brand of magic cast was multi-faceted, and viciously designed. There were however... advantages to my actions."

Olwa glanced at Rayann who was obviously slightly unnerved by Kali's cryptic words and she glanced at Kali. There were no verbal words between them and Kali responded before Rayann could say anything, even to her mind, "As this is my mother and father's home, I will spare you the details of my pains, but every moment of rest, recovery, and learning has been worth it."

Olwa nodded and stuffed more food into his mouth, content to not ask anymore questions of Kali, a response she was more than glad to witness. Her eyes shifted once again to Ranewen and she caught the girl staring at her, a slight scowl on her face. At realizing she had been caught she shrunk back in her chair slightly and Kali sneered a vicious grin once again as she gently placed a small bite of the delicious potatoes on her tongue.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Ranewen was taken aback by the half bloods vicious and threatening words. She felt her anger flare at Kali’s words but she knew she had to tread lightly. The woman was capable of just about anything right now and it seemed as though she may be a bit…..unstable. Still, Ranewen wasn’t going to let the threatening words go unanswered. Using her empathetic ability, she spoke to Kali’s mind.

~I assure you my intentions towards your brother are nothing more than teaching him the ways of Elven royalty, traditions of the royal family and the history of his lineage. He’s a sweet child who deserves to know who he is.~

Her words were sincere for while Ranewen didn’t agree with the mix of Elven and human kind, she did know how important it was for Shaer to understand he was important to the Elven people, regardless of his heritage. While he would never sit on the throne as Myth’Alas’ first born son, he would still hold an important role to the Silvanesti people.

As Olwa spoke to Kali, Ranewen was grateful for the diversion. She nibbled on her food as she listened to the conversation and when Kali spoke, rather rudely, Ranewen looked over to see what Rayann and Myth’s reactions were. She could see they weren’t happy with their daughter’s way of talking to their guest but they said nothing to her.

When Kali looked over at the way Ranewen was staring at her, Ranewen felt as though she had been caught stealing something of value and she quickly diverted her gaze away from the rude half blood. How could anything like what that woman went through be worth it? Humans. Ranewen would never understand them.

Rayann knew Kali was speaking to Ranewen mentally but she didn’t know the subject of their conversation. And she wouldn’t intrude without invitation either. Touching Kali’s arm to draw her attention away from the Elfess, she gave Kali an even look letting her know she was aware of what was going on but ignorant to the details.

As the meal began and everyone was enjoying the meal, the conversation began. It was all lighthearted. Until Olwa asked Kali how she was doing. Rayann looked around to see everyone had paused eating and waited with bated breath to see how Kali would answer the question.

And Rayann sat on pins and needles.

When Kali spoke to Olwa, rayann furrowed her brows slightly but said nothing. While she knew Olwa was sincere in asking Kali how she was, she knew Kali would be almost brutal in her answer. Thankfully, when Kali looked at her and saw the look on her mother’s face, she tones it down slightly and Rayann was thankful for that. Still, she had wished Kali had used a little more tact.

Pela looked over at Kali as she spoke and while no one else would understand what she meant, Pela did. While she hadn’t suffered nearly as much as Kali had, she had gone through a terrible transformation as well since her arrival at Heartlund 15 months ago. And it had been quite painful at times. Both physically and emotionally.

As the conversation quieted, Pela found herself growing even more curious at Kali’s words and she looked across the table at Kali once more.

”Bad Rock told me I should never stop learning. No matter how difficult or painful it is, I should keep pressing myself further and further. He said my body and mind would let me know when enough was enough. I never realized what he meant….until now. Thank you, Kali, for bringing clarity to his words for me.”

Ranewen blinked when Pela actually thanked Kali. She glanced at Rayann then to Myth then back to Kali. She had just put a piece of tender roasted pork in her mouth and was waiting for Kali to say something back to Pela before she chewed it up.

Pela, it seemed, was just as strange as the half blood. No wonder they seemed to be as thick as thieves.

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Kali respected that this was her parents home, it fell into her words earlier in the day, that it was not her home, it belonged to them and she was a foreigner here, as much as her mother didn't like it and probably didn't agree with it. She remained silent for the most part, eating her dinner quietly and simply observing those around the table, her lavender eye flashed as she turned her gaze, always seeming to be slightly more focused than the crystal blue one. There was something about her lavender eye, something magical.

As Pela spoke Kali turned and looked at her. Anyone that was truly paying attention would most likely note that Kali spoke to Pela on a little more even terms than she did to the others, even her mother. Kali looked at Pela and it was suddenly as if they were the only two in the room, "Pela, Bad Rock was mostly right. The Nethermen are often disregarded as a brutish and moronic race, capable of less thought than a Gully Dwarf, but I say no, no they are brilliant. They can pull the harp strings and achieve their ends with masterful precision, unfortunately their lot in this world has backed them into a corner and their ways have degraded to little more than a thieves living. They steal lives for coins and though they might be ruthless in their ways, they certainly know how to remain true to themselves. You should count yourself fortunate to have been raised by one, to have been spared the rules of the Elves or the toils of humanity. A rare gift was placed in your lap, the opinion of an outsider without the prejudice of an upbringing to cloud your thoughts and veil your eyes."

Suddenly Kali's eyes were on Ranewen, the words lingering in the air as if suspended from string above the table. Her eyes were locked on Ranewen now though her voice was still going to Pela's ears, "Yes, there are others who know little more than what their selfish motivations will allow them to see. They stand on holy righteous virtues of the gods of good, but what is the true evil, deceiving to circumvent and achieve, or standing on a path that is your true purpose?"

She turned her eyes back to Pela, "Bad'Rock was right Pela, never stop learning, for anything that fractures the body only strengthens the mind."

The room was dead silent, even Shaer had picked up on the tension in the room and Kali turned to Rayann, "I apologize mother, I think that I have spoiled your evening, at least the food was delicious."

She stood without excusing herself and walked over to her robes, placing her hands on them as if they were a lover. She caressed the folds as if touching the naked skin of another as she placed them back on her body and turned to the room, "With my absence perhaps you can all get back to the business of pretending that an even greater threat than any towers could present is still lingering out there. This world is going to burn to ash while its inhabitants celebrate in their dining halls." She instantly faded to nothing as the smell of lavender and clove lingered in the air.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:21 am

Pela listened intently to Kali’s words as they were being spoken. She learned right after she first met Kalil there was always messages in what she said and it was up to Pela to pay attention to them to receive that message. Pela also noticed how Kali’s eyes focused on Ranewen and Pela glanced from one to the other. She noticed how Ranewen seemed to suddenly be nervous like she had been caught doing something she wasn’t supposed to be doing. Obviously there was something about Ranewen Kali had picked up on that Kali didn’t care for. If nothing else, it made Pela feel better knowing she wasn’t the only one.

As Kali stood to leave, Pela felt a sense of disappointment. She was hoping Kali would stay a little longer but she knew Kali wasn’t exactly comfortable here with everyone either. Besides, she was going to stop by to see Kali later like she had said earlier. As she watched Kali caress her robes, Pela was getting a good idea of what was motivating Kali.

Looking to Rayann just before kali vanished from sight, she could see the red robed mage wasn’t the least bit happy with her daughter. While there were no words verbally being spoken, Pela could see the message clearly in Rayann’s lavender gaze. Obviously things were a bit strained between mother and daughter right now and Pela figured that was why Kali had mentioned her soon to be departure from Glen Durel.

As Kali spoke to Pela, Rayann paid very close attention. Pela had a connection with Kali and Rayann wanted to see just how deep that connection was. While she was certain Kali wouldn’t purposely influence Pela in anyway, she also knew Pela was looking for something she hadn’t found yet. And while Rayann respected each woman to choose their own path in life, she wanted to make sure it was done with a clear mind and open heart.

It was clear from the way Kali was transfixed on Ranewen she didn’t care for the Elfess. Especially with her last words to Pela regarding selfish motivations. She was just getting ready to stand up and put an end to the conversation when Kali stood up and gathered up her robes. But it was the last words that angered Rayann to no end. It was all she could do to not get up and smack Kali’s face. While she understood more of why Kali was the way she was now, it didn’t excuse out right insolence from her. If it hadn’t been for the touch of Myth’s hand on her forearm and shaking his head slightly when Rayann glanced over at him, she would have done just what she was thinking of doing.

Myth’s emerald gaze held Rayann’s lavender one and he spoke to her mind letting her know he would talk to Kali later. Calming herself the best she could, she turned her attention back to her guests and the dinner that now seemed less enjoyable.

As Ranewen listened to Kali talk to Pela and she heard Pela had been raised by….of all things…a Netherman!....she realized the rumors WERE true. Glancing at Pela with a look of disgust but she quickly corrected herself. Still, she knew Olwa’s parents would find this news….disturbing and it would certainly work to her advantage. Especially considering the word she received just prior to coming to Glen Durel. Information she was certain Olwa would find shocking but she was elated to receive.

When Kali turned her gaze to Ranewen, she felt as though she were being pinned to the spot when Kali’s gaze settled on hers and refused to move. She grew nervous and glanced around to see who else was looking at her but they all seemed to be focused on Kali. Except for Pela. When Ranewen glanced at Pela she could see the way the girl looked at her and knew Pela was intelligent enough to start putting things together. Ranewen knew then she would have to be extremely careful from here on out. Especially with Kali lurking about.

When the half blood got up and took her black robes, caressing them as though they were her lover, Ranewen was more than grateful for her departure. As she heard Kali’s words about the world turning to ash, she glanced at Rayann and Myth and saw the look on their faces. Obviously there was some discord in the family dynamics and Ranewen tucked this into the back of her mind. While it may not be able to be used, it could prove to be useful in other ways.

When Kali vanished, Ranewen blinked and glanced around but said nothing. Finally Rayann broke the awkward silence that seemed to blanket the area. Ranewen could tell she was straining to be the gracious hostess but when she smiled, her smile never reached her eyes. Ranewen actually felt a pang of regret for the woman knowing the stress she must be under right now must be quite heavy. Especially with a daughter like that.

”Well, after dinner, the castle and grounds are free roam to all of you. Consider it your rest period before things get started in routine tomorrow morning. Bright and early. It will be nice to have activity around the Glen once more.”

Dinner finished up with some light conversation after that. Pela offered to help clean up and when Ranewen heard her she offered as well. While it wasn’t her normal duty she didn’t want Pela to do anything over and above her. Rayann chuckled softly and thanked them for the offer but just like the food appeared the table was cleaned in the blink of an eye.

Olwas and Myth left to go inspect the surprise Rayann mentioned earlier. Pela excused herself to seek out Kali and that left Ranewen to herself. She glanced around and saw that Rayann was headed outside with Shaer so she followed along.

”Thank you again, Princess, for opening your home to me. I realize I was a last minute addition to the party arriving from Silvanost.”

Rayann smiled and shook her head.

”There’s no need to thank me, Ranewen. As I said earlier, I was certain you would be coming along, even if you didn’t know until the last minute. Myth’s mother is quite adamant about her grandson and Myth can’t deny his mother anything. As most children are when it comes to their mothers.”

Shaer gurgled happily and when they walked outside in the setting sun, rayann found a place to sit down in the soft grass with Shaer. Ranewen sat down a little distance away to allow the Princess time with her son. Shaer was anxious to be free from Rayann’s grasp of being held but he didn’t want to let go of her fingers as he stood on wobbly legs and took a few steps. Rayann’s delight was clear as she laughed softly and her eyes twinkled.

Pela told Olwa she would catch up with her later and as everyone else walked outside the castle, Pela walked further in. Winding her way through the place until she stood outside Kali’s door, she knocked softly and called to Kali.

”Kali? May I enter?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:42 am

Pela heard Kali's voice almost instantly, "Enter."

As Pela came into the room she would see that it was decorated simply to give Kali the essentials. There was little cheer to it, just a large, comfortable looking bed, two large chairs near the window, a small alchemy table for mixing reagents and a large wardrobe. There was little decoration beyond that. On a table between the two stairs was the only real prominent piece of decor in the room, a large stone that looked as if it weighed a hundred pounds.

Kali was sitting in one of the chairs. Hot tea was set on the table beside her and she looked up from her spell book as Pela walked in. She spoke, "Please excuse me if I don't stand to welcome you in, the pain in my hip is particularly sharp this evening."

She gestured to the chair across from her and a cup of tea materialized beside it, welcoming Pela to come and sit. As she did Kali looked across at her, there was little expression on her face and she closed her spell book as she stared at Pela with her blue and lavender eyes, "So young Pela, what is it you would like to discuss?"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

For some reason, Pela wasn’t surprised at the lack of décor in Kali’s personal space. Kali was simply basic in her needs now. It’s the one thing Pela picked up on right away when she saw her. As Kali invited her to sit down and the tea appeared, Pela sat down and looked over at Kali as she sipped the tea from the cup. As the cup slipped away from her lips there was a small smile and she spoke almost to herself than to Kali.

”Not too hot. Perfect.”

She looked away for a moment then looked back at Kali and her smile faded. It was clear Pela didn’t come to make idle conversation. She never did. Pela was, if nothing else, to the point in all she did.

”I have decided not to follow the path of High Sorcery. I know others will be disappointed in me but….I do not have the patience for studying for hours on end. I want to learn all about the world, but I do not wish to be held down with hours on end spent with my nose in a book. I mean no offense to you and the others who study so diligently. Perhaps it is the life I had with Bad Rock that has led me to this decision, but I am much more comfortable with what I already know.”

She looked down at the cup in her hand and watched the liquid swirl for a moment before she looked back up at Kali.

”I…..just wanted you to know. You were the first one to teach me other spells and I felt you needed to know my decision.”

She leaned forward slightly then and her blue eyes seemed to be searching Kali’s gaze but it was just her way of making sure others understood her sincerity.

”I thank you for taking the time to teach me what you did. I will never forget that. Nor will I ever forget you. And I know you are leaving here, it is quite obvious you would be comfortable elsewhere, but…..I hope the invitation you offered me to visit you here will remain in place wherever you end up.”

She sat back then and looked at her tea for a moment before sipping from the cup once more and setting it down in her lap. She looked over at Kali once more and it was obvious she wanted to discuss more, but she wanted Kali to absorb what she had told her just now.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:59 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Gideon2

Gideon finally made it back off his patrol from the surrounding areas. He stopped by to report to Sir Trysten letting him know what he found. As he stepped into the room with Sir Trysten, he stood next to the table where the map of Solamnia was located and pointed out where he was and what he discovered. He pointed towards the north east, about three miles beyond the Keep and furrowed his brows.

”We’ve seen more signs of raiding parties, Sir. They’re getting good at scattering to the four winds to confuse us as to what direction they are actually coming from and heading to. There’s multiple tracks both booted and hoofed. I haven’t seen any sign of Draconic tracks in the mix yet. But the way their desecrating the bodies we find….it’s worst than just about anything I’ve seen. No one’s spared their sadistic nature. Not even the young ones. Whoever is in charge of this group has no conscience. I can’t wait to meet him face to face. We buried the dead and marked their graves. We didn’t want to see them left out for meals for the wildlife.”

It was obvious Gideon was disgusted beyond words as to what he witnessed on his patrols. His dark eyes seemed to grow even darker and the normal soft edges he had were now gone and he had a face that was hard as stone. He wasn’t wet behind the ears when it came to battle but the fact these were innocent families being slaughtered made it even harder for him to try and understand.

With his report given, Trysten dismissed him and he made his way through the Keep. A little while later he emerged from his quarters cleaned, shaven and dressed in a pair of leather trousers, a tan shirt and his boots freshly polished. There was still a troubled look to his eyes and nothing he did could take that away.

By the time he reached Tara’s quarters and knocked on her door, he had relaxed the creases in his forehead and tried to put on a more cheerful face for her. When she opened the door he smiled, lifted her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles gently before releasing it and offering her his elbow.

”You, my Lady Tara, are a sight for sore eyes. I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long. And I hope you have a hearty appetite. I know I do and am ready to eat my evening meal in the company of the most beautiful woman in the Keep.”

He glanced overhead just as a large shadow drifted by startling him slightly. He saw it was the Silver dragon and the female rider coming back in and he chuckled softly, shaking his head.

”I’m not sure I’ll get used to them flying around like that.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Surprisingly Kali wasn't the least bit disappointed, if anything she seemed to already know. With a slight nod of her head she spoke, "You might want to do yourself a favor, keep that spell book you were given out of view, if high sorcerers see it they will most likely assume you stole it or killed to acquire it, and we don't like when others attack our own, no matter what robes we wear."

She leaned back heavily in her chair regarding Pela for a moment. Her eyes visibly moved and traced Pela's face, almost caressing each line with her gaze. She spoke again finally, "You have changed a lot since we first met. You didn't trust me, you didn't want to talk to me and you had absolutely no interest in anything I had to say. Often the events of life steer us where we don't want to go and eventually we look up to realize that we are standing someplace we never intended to be. Some call this perplexing, I simply like to see it as natural as the ebb and flow of all things, including magic."

She stood and winced slightly as the pain in her side stuck her like a dagger. Pela made a slight motion as if to come and assist but Kali brought up her hand and get herself to her feet. She spoke as she saw the slightly concerned look on Pela's face, "Ahh, and yet another change, a year ago you wouldn't have given a horses dung if I was in pain."

Pela sat back slightly, Kali was right, there was significant change in her. Could it be Olwa? Or simply the lack of such a rigid lifestyle... it was hard to place a finger on. Kali limped over to the desk and walked around behind it. There were literally hundreds of stacks of parchment in neat piles and sorted by some sort of system. Kali reached and pulled open a drawer removing a thin, silver ring. She turned and looked at Pela and walked over to her slowly. She handed the ring to Pela and spoke, "This will grant you access to my new home."

It would strike Pela that instant, Kali already knew where she was going, and most likely, when.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Pela had never considered hiding the spell book. He brows furrowed as she thought about the dire consequences of having it may be for her, but she would do as Kali instructed. She may not be following the path of the High Sorcerers but she did treasure the spell book and knew if worse came to worse, she could use it in certain situations. With a nod, she let Kali know she would take her words of caution to task.

As Kali moved and showed the obvious pain she was in, Pela was ready to assist but at Kali’s own insistence, she remained where she was. But that didn’t stop her from furrowing her brows and giving Kali a look of honest concern. When kali mentioned the change in that regard about her, Pela couldn’t help but notice that change. It wasn’t such a bad thing, was it?

”I cannot deny there is a change in me. Rayann calls it learning to be human. I suppose she is right. After all, being raised by a Netherman is quite different. While you pointed out an obvious advantage to such an upbringing, the opposite side of that is not understanding what emotions really are. And I must admit, it is not easy for me at times. I would just as soon freeze someone who angers me than to try and work through whatever the disagreement is and come to an agreement. And Ranewen has a tendency to make me angry by just the mere thought of her. Would it be terribly rude if I put frost in her bed each night before she laid down in it? I suppose this is another emotion I will have to learn to handle.”

She shook her head and furrowed her brows before Kali could answer her as she sunk back in the chair slouching deeply. She knew what the answer would be but Pela had to admit, she liked the idea very much. It was obvious for as mature as Pela was in many other ways, she was a typical 15 year old girl when it came to this sort of thing.

Watching Kali as she moved with such slow, awkward moves caused a pang of regret to slide through Pela. Kali had been so graceful and full of life last time she spent significant time around her and now, Kali seemed very bitter and cynical towards everything and everyone. The only thing Pela knew for certain was the fact Kali was looking for a way to seek out the fire mage and take her revenge out on her. But Pela knew Kali would do it in a very calculating, precise manner.

As the ring was handed to her, Pela glanced at it then gently took it from Kali’s fingers. Turning it over and over again in her hand, she felt the coolness of the metal and saw the way it reflected the soft lighting in the room. Pela slid the ring onto her middle finger of her right hand and studied it for a moment. As Kali’s words sunk in, she sat u p straighter and lifted her gaze to Kali’s as Kali sat back down.

”May I ask where you are going? Or do you wish to keep it to yourself? I understand if you would rather not tell me now. But…..I can tell from your words you know where you will be going. I promise I will not be bothersome towards you and your invitation.”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Kali looked at Pela as she sat back down. She heard what her mother had been telling Pela about "learning to be human" and Kali quirked a brow, she spoke as Pela looked at her, "My mother is a decent woman, and her heart is pure, but she should have never taken the red robes. She is a white robed woman through and through, why she is fooling herself is beyond me. She made her choice out of emotion and concern for me rather than keeping her feet on the path which was clearly set before her. The gods visited me, changed my alignment, thrust me into the fray for the purpose of balance, but in the end it was not for me, it was for them. Lunitari and Solinari turned their backs on me once the deed was done, I was their instrument to a result, nothing more. Nuitari, the god who feeds my magic, he is the only one that opposed what was done of me, yes even I was blinded by what was going on. I would have never shifted my alignment had I known, Nuitari was always the one whom I served, even when I was in the courts of the Queen of Chaos."

She narrowed her eyes on Pela now, "My mother, for all her decency and love is more emotional than rational. She is as I said, a good woman, and I do love her, but she needs to choose what life she really wants. She can be a great mother and wife and Princess, or she can be a great wizard, but if she continues to split her time she will be mediocre at best when it comes to both."

She noted the look of shock on Pela's face but she continued, "As I said Pela, I will always love my mother, but there has never been anything she could teach me, technically, I am three times her age."

She sipped her tea and then looked again at Pela, her eyes shimmering in the candle light, "As for Ranewen, the Elfess, I would caution you. She is after something and she wants the prize so desperately she will most likely go to extremes to get it. I would warn you to be extremely careful in your dealings with her. Bring her no harm, her family is powerful, VERY powerful and they will see to it that you are dispatched quietly if they are given half a chance. I can't tell you what it is that motivates her but I can tell you I know the look of the eyes, and she has it in full."

As Pela inquired regarding where Kali was going, Kali smiled and stayed silent at first but finally spoke, "Only two towers were destroyed, the third remains." She reached and gently stroked the stone that sat on the table between them. She turned and looked at it, "Papa's books are there, I transported them there just before I destroyed Piramay's tower and my own." She looked up at Pela, "There is still great magic to be discovered."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Pela blinked when she heard Kali speak about her mother that way. While she wasn’t being disrespectful, Pela had no idea Kali really felt that way about Rayann. But it made sense. And there was no doubt Kali knew what her path in life was going to be and she wasn’t afraid to reach out and grasp it. Much like Pela herself to a point.

When Kali mentioned Ranewen, Pela’s brows creased. So, Kali had picked up on something as well in the Elfess. And everything Kali told her about the Elfess settled into Pela’s gut like a twisting vine that had suddenly grabbed a hold of her innards and refused to let go now.

”I will mind myself when I am around her. I just hope I will be able to practice restraint for the last thing I wish to do is cause friction between the Prince and any of the people of his home. It seems as though he has enough on his broad shoulders already to handle.”

When Kali shared her destination with Pela, pela’s brows rose and her eyes grew wide. After a moment, she closed her mouth that was slightly open as well.

”Fifth’s tower??!!”

The words blurted out before she could stop herself and she quickly apologized for her outburst.

”Forgive me…but….the news was quite…shocking. But you fully intend to occupy the remaining tower near Heartlund? I am not sure if I should be happy or concerned. There is such an ominous history with the towers. But I know if anyone can handle it, you can.”

She fidgeted with the ring on her finger as she chewed her bottom lip pensively in thought then looked at Kali and gave a slight smile.

”Well, I do not wish to keep you from your studies. Thank you, Kali, for your counsel. And for the ring. I shall keep safe.”

She stood up and as Kali was attempting to get up, she waved her hand.

”No. Please….I can see myself out just as I saw myself in.”

She turned and walked to the door then turned to look at Kali again.

”Take care, Kali. And if there is anything I can do to help you in any way, please do not hesitate to call upon me. It is the least I can do to repay you for all you have done for me.”

With a final look at Kali, she nodded her head then slipped out leaving the black robed mage to her studies and her thoughts. It was still light out so she decided to find the others and explore the beauty of Glen Durel for herself.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Kali nodded as Pela spoke about Fifth's tower. When she finally calmed herself and spoke again Kali responded, "It is less a matter of being able to handle it and more a means of keeping Piramay from doing the same. Both of us have the capability but only one of us holds the key."

She stroked the rock on the table lovingly but her eyes never came off of Pela, "There is an ominous history, but also an incredible amount of power to still be harvested from it. I shall make it my home and control the magic within... and I will be leaving tomorrow."

Pela looked at her and she spoke before the girl could say anything, "This is no longer my home Pela, as much as my mother wishes it was."

Pela stood to leave and talked of seeing herself out, Kali nodded, almost thankfully, and Kali spoke to her, "You are not a bother Pela, in fact if there is any single person I can relate to anymore I believe it is you."

Her eyes lingered on Pela and as the girl made her farewells Kali half smiled and picked up her spell book, it was obvious what she planned to do with the rest of her evening.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 am

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Mythban2

Myth's eyes slowly opened as a heavy sigh escaped his lips. The return to Glen Durel brought with it an equal share of relief and tension. His arrival upon the stone of his wife's ancestral home was exactly as he had expected. Rayann had been there to greet Shaer and himself with open arms. His love for her ever stronger because of their time apart made these moments all that more meaningful for them both. How felt at ease for the first time in months.

However the sense of ease did not last when his daughter appeared. He had only been told of the scaring through letters passed but did not realize it was this extensive. It was noticeable that the battle had changed more than just her physical being as well. He could see it when Kali retrieved Shaer from Ranewen. He did not need the deep empathic sense of Rayann to know Kali had said something mentally to the girl. It was all over Ranewen's face.

Myth had left the group to be shown their rooms by the mistress of the keep as Myth went to prepare a few other things for their guests arrival. One item in particular would keep the prince busy till just before dinner. He had sent message ahead to Rayann that he wanted to set up a surprise for Olwa. The young elf faced the conflict of denying his heart in the service of his bloodline. Myth was hopeful he could teach the boy that it was possible to accomplish both these things. It just required the right environment, one Myth hoped to provide while he was here as his official aid.

When Rayann was able to finally catch up to him Myth was seeing to the last items being brought in from Silvanost. In particular he was checking on some of the garden plants his father had sent to add to Myth's own garden in Glen Durel. Myth had to admit his father was right about the calming nature of the work and he felt that he would be spending a good deal of time tending things as he left to prepare for dinner.

Nothing would prepare him for the way things played out in the dining hall. Dinner had started out friendly enough but soon everything spiraled out of control. It became clear to Myth how much Kali's outlook and attitude had been altered by events. He could not fault her but at the same time her choice of words left much to be desired. He could feel when Rayann had finally had enough an when she was about to move and he placed his hand upon her forearm.

"I will talk with her mel'amin. Nothing will come by escalating the discussion here and now."

From then conversation was light but pleasant. Myth participated in the discussions but Rayann knew his mind was elsewhere. Even the tension and quick glances between Pela and Ranewen went unnoticed. Kali was the dominant thought upon his mind for the moment and she would be for the remainder of the evening. She was choosing to be deliberately combative with almost everyone except Pela and Myth wondered why. Her experiences should not have affected her this badly. Even in his darkest days Myth could play a room like a fiddle with gentle words and a pleasant smile. He knew Kali was capable of the same guile but instead she chose to be a blunt rod distancing herself from everyone.

That final thought stayed with him as he acknowledged that dinner was over. Myth smiled pulling his mind together standing from the seat as the table was cleared away. Following everyone outside Myth nodded to Rayann as he stepped away from the group with Olwa following him. They did not head back into the castle but instead headed for the grove that Olwa could see from his quarters inside the palace. Myth walked at a leisurely pace his hands clasped behind.

"Your duties will vary from day to day as my aid Olwa, but your training will be consistent. I try to spend two to four hours a day training and meditating. However the needs of the day can be demanding and cut short this time,or it just may not be needed. However I still complete a full hour guarantied no matter what, I expect the same of you." Myth looked back and smiled "However when you are not acting as my aid or training your free time is yours to do with as your please."

They entered into the grove and as they entered the trees seemed to shift until they came upon a clearing. At the center was a structure clearly over elven make built around a rather decently sized tree. The place radiated tranquility and had a very home like feel to it. Myth stopped and his hand swept through the air. "Here you are free to explore your personal interests. I admit I am not familiar with your artistic tastes so I have acquired a little of everything. Carving, painting, music... any interest you wish to pursue. This is your private sanctuary Olwa and as such Glen Durel's will enforce your privacy. I tell you this because Only those whom you invite to this dwelling will be allowed entrance."Myth's hand lowered as he stood looking at the young elven ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections   Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book 2 - Ch 1: Reflections
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next