Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites

Go down 
+3
RPMistress
Lac'Nal
Vaudeville
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:37 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 The_we10Meggie was very thoughtful for awhile once Bryn finished speaking. She looked down at her attire then at Bryn's and finally back to her own. She got up and walked over to a handmade basket over by the entrance to her living quarters and pulled out a halter top that covered more of her breasts and covered to midriff. She also pulled out a matching short wrap-a-round skirt that covered her whole rear end and front. It also had sewn in panties underneath and came down between mid thigh and her hips. She walked back to the back of the cave and changed, coming back out to stand before Bryn. "Is this better? This is all I have that covers more." She didn't lower her voice any and couldn't understand why the other two crew members, Cooky and the other one, were chuckling.

"You say be myself, but now that you have come, I don't know who that is. I thought I did. I thought I was Meggie, island girl, now, I don't know. I remember things and who I used to be. Am I that person from ten years ago or am I who I am now?"

She thought some more, trying to figure out how to say what she wanted to without insulting anyone. Something she hadn't had to think of before they came, now, she is trying. "I don't know if I like you saying I am like the captain in being as stubborn and headstrong as he is. He is nice to look at and I feel...." she thinks on what it is she is trying to say, her innocence clearly showing through, "tingly inside when he is around or looks at me. It's nice, but distracting and on this island, you cannot be distracted. And, he is bossy, too bossy." The last she says with a sharp nod of her head, looking even more confused and a little hurt at the other men now laughing in earnest. She looks over at them, hurt in her eyes, feeling very small now and very much like maybe she won't even fit in with them either.

"Thank you, Miss Bryn, for.....talking to me. I should go check on things outside, now. Make sure that the entrance is well hidden and that Raider knows how to find the cave with the entrance being hidden the way it is." As she heads for the front part of the cave, she looks at the others, hurt showing in her light green eyes at their laughter.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:30 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai14

Raider turned to thank Meggie as he reached of his spyglass and she was gone. "Damn that flighty wench, be a flyin' fish caught on a deck." he thought and then brought the glass to his eye. Scanning the quarter deck of the ship anchored just off shore saw all he neede to see, to confirm his supicions. There standing bold as a bull walrus stood two officiers of the Royal Navy 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Britis10 , Raider scanned the deck and the shore line. Along the shore stood two men dressed in French seamans clothes and an officer in a French Lieutenant's uniform, two mor officers and a group of sailors were approaching the long boat.

Raider could not hear what was said but shortly there after the climbed in the boat and rowed back to the ship. Upon arriving the officers reported to the older of the two officers standing on the quarter deck. The senior officer was very antimated and stormed aroung the deck. Raider stayed hidden and watched as other long boats were prepared to be lowered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:39 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie checks the covering at the entrance of the cave, then heads quietly for the hill. Climbing up, she sees Raider standing there looking through his spyglass. She approaches slowly, not sure as to what to do or say as she knows she's angered him, no matter what Bryn has said.

"Raider....Raider.....I wanted to be sure that you would be able to find the entrance to the cave before I scouted the island." She waits for him to reply, wondering if he's still angry with her. "And....ummm....well....that is....can I come with you when you leave? I don't want to be left here, alone anymore." She waits for him to answer her and see if he notices that she's changed her clothing. Bryn said that she should and even though Meggie won't admit it, she likes the Captain and his gruff ways.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:08 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai14

"I be thanin' ye Meggie" he said as he gave her a glance "Ye kin come along if ye wish. But I must tell ye it may be a year or more 'efore we be ta home port agin. We 'ave a mission that needs doin'. Ye can earn yur passage by workin' onboard. If ye wish ta join the crew, an 'ave earned the right then ye kin serve as long as ye wish. Meggie it be a hard voyage we be on with many a danger. Death may be yur shipmate many time over 'efore this voyage ends." He then pointed to the ship offshore. "That be tha first of many perils that we be facin'. That not be ship maned by the French, but be a wolf in sheeps clothing as I suspected."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10At the mention of 'a home port' Meggie became noticably nervous, but she listened to what Raider said and thought about her reply, her green eyes thoughtful.

"I have lived with the threat of death every day that I've been on this island. Death does not scare me. I know nothing about what work needs to be done on a ship, but I can learn. I can also help you with this 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. My father said that once about a boy that wanted to court me." Her brows furrow together as if she's trying to hang on to the memory, but it's gone. "I know this island and know where to lead them if there is only a few at a time." She gets a michevious glint in her green eyes. "Will you allow me to do what I know I can do, Raider? It would be dangerous, but it would also trap the crew of the enemy ship in a twisting cavern that would take them hours if not days to find their way out of. Will you allow me to do this for you when they come ashore again? It would greatly turn the odds into your favor, I think."

She thinks some more, than continues, "As for this 'home port' you spoke of, I would prefer to remain on ship once we reach this place." She stands, waiting for his reply to her suggestion on the enemy crew.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

As Raider kept to his hiding spot and watched the anchored ship at a safe distance, he noticed something else. Far off, in the distance was a ship sailing full sail and making good use of the fair sea winds. Even at this distance, he could barely make out the sails but could tell they were full of favorable winds. As the British men, disguised as French sailors, debated about what to do next, Raider kept watching the ship in the distance. By his estimates, the ship would be to the island within the half hour at this rate.

Many thoughts went through his mind. Was this another British ship coming to aide this one? Was it a French ship thinking they were about to come upon one of their own? Was it something different entirely? The more he watched, the more these questions, as well as others, formed in his head.

How was he going to protect Meggie? Bryn wasn’t strong enough to help fight off anyone yet. He’d have to give up Atien for her protection. A crew member he could sorely use in a fight with the sneaky Brits. Then there was Meggie again. If she had any smarts she would high tail it away from the danger and wait to come out when it was all clear. If it ever would be all clear again.

He was finally able to see the ship, barely, as it came closer. It was a dark ship and something about it struck a familiar chord within him. He still couldn’t make out the flag she was flying and that made him very uneasy. He liked to know what and who he was dealing with BEFORE he had to deal with them.

Hearing shouts form the anchored ship, he quickly let his attention settle on them. They were all scrambling to the ship and trying to make out the one heading for them as well. Finally he heard a shout he could make out.

“SHE FLIES THE KINGS COLOR’S, CAP’N!”

Raider felt dread wash over him. Not only did he have this ship of fake Frenchies, he now had another British vessel to deal with. This just kept getting better and better. As the full sail ship approached, he noticed they weren’t dropping any of their sails. Odd, he thought. If they were rendezvousing with their fellow shipmates, they should at least be lowering the main sail to come in a little slower. But they seemed to be coming in as fast as they were on the open seas.

He looked through the spy glass once more and saw that the ship was indeed flying the Union Jack colors. Finally he knew he had to make a move. Whistling softly he got Billy Bones attention. Jotting down something on a piece of paper, he handed it to the little monkey and gave him orders to deliver it to the others. The little monkey scampered away chattering lively as he slipped away.

Raider watched the approaching ship and once more got that familiar feeling about it. He couldn’t remember where he’d seen it but he HAD seen that ship somewhere before. By now the anchored ship had lowered the French flag and raised the Union Jack letting the approaching ship know they were fighting for the same side.

Again Raider noticed none of the sails had been lowered and the ship was now making a wide turn to come in on its port side. The anchored ship watched the ship and was just as confused at the maneuver. Of course it didn’t take long for the others and Raider to realize what was happening, but by then, it was too late.

As the ship made a sharp turn, causing it to list dangerously to one side, the main sail was finally lowered swiftly to slow the ship just enough so that when they sailed by the anchored ship, they leveled out in the water and the firing doors for the cannons were raised and the black barrels of the cannons the ship carried poked out just before a barrage of explosions announced the ships intentions.

Raider had just enough time to get out an “OH SHIT” before he grabbed Meggie’s head and shoved her down to the ground with him, practically covering her prone, struggling form with his own. Several more explosions were heard as well as a few large objects whizzing over head or landing near Raider and Meggie. A few minutes later, deathly silence filled the air.

When Raider finally got off Meggie and dared to peek out over his hiding place, all he saw was the smoking rubble of what once was a fine French ship. Splinters of wood covered the waters surface as well as several bodies. As the sound began to return to Raider’s ears he could hear several moans of those who had actually survived the attack.

Raider quickly pulled his spy glass up to see the ship as it turned, slower this time, with only one sail raised. He searched frantically for any clue as to who the ship belonged to. It didn’t take him long to find out when he saw the flag it flew. A white, yellow and red flag with the black silhouette of a wolf’s head in the center. Now he knew where he’d seen that particular ship from. And knowing who it belonged to didn’t make him feel any better. In fact. It made him feel down right ill.

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 SheWolf

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Shewolf1

A series of curses slipped softly from his lips as he saw the ship finally lower the last sail and drop anchor not far from the decimated ship that had been attacked. Two shore boats were quickly lowered into the surf and the moans of survivors were quickly changed to screams and cries of mercy only to be turned into gurgles of death as the men from the attacking ship killed anyone they came in contact with.

Raider looked at the ship and saw the intricate carving of the wolf on the bow of the ship and read the name of the ship near the bows point. The She Wolf had attacked so swiftly and so deadly there wasn’t a single survivor left from the British occupied French ship. As he quickly pulled his spy glass back to the group in the shore boats, he didn’t see who he was looking for. Finally he turned his attention back to the ship and searched near the captains wheel house and there he saw who he was looking for.

Shoulders squared. Head held proudly. Back straight as a board and hair as soft as fresh corn silk, Captain Ann Bonney stood at the helm of her prize ship surveying the bounty that was now hers. Her dark eyes seemed to twinkle as she saw the supplies and provisions that were now being scavenged and loaded onto the shore boats to be brought back to her ship.

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Anne

A deck hand walked up to her and asked her something to which she seemed to debate for a moment before she nodded her approval. The crew member turned around and shouted to the others which brought a series of loud cheers from all the others.

Raider knew what they’d just been given and he knew it was merely a matter of time before all but a select few from the ship came ashore for a brief island visit before they were set to sail out again. Raider looked at Anne once more and saw her looking at the sky then at the sea. 6 hours. That’s all he had was 6 hours to figure out if they were going to remain hidden and prisoners on this island indefinitely OR reveal himself and try to get Anne to help get them off the island.

Trouble with that second part was the fact Anne had been hunting him for over two years now. Seems a woman, pirate or not, takes it hard when her lover just up and leaves her in the middle of the night without so much as a good bye or any word of where he was headed.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie stopped struggling when the first blast showered debris over her and Raider. Her legs were the only things not protected by Raider's body and she felt them being peppered by sharp pieces of rock and splinters of wood from the nearby bushes and small trees.

By the time it was over, her ears were ringing and she was shell shocked by what had just happened. When she heard the screams of death and pleas of mercy cut short, she couldn't stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. She watched Raider as he stood there taking everything in through his spyglass.

Meggie began to quietly scoot backwards, away from him. Looks of fear, confusion, shock, and panic kept crossing her face and darkening her green eyes. She'd heard screams like that before but to this magnitude. Covering her ears with her hands, she sat there, shaking, tears streaming down her face. What had happened to her island? She had dealt with violence before when other ships had come to the island and she'd seen what had happened to those two women. But this violence was on a whole new scale and she simply didn't know how to deal with it. She'd always been able to hide whenever other ships had come, but something told her that this time was different. For one, she couldn't go and hide and leave Raider and his crew alone on an island they knew nothing about. Two, something told her that these were the type of sailors who apparantly didn't take any prisoners, if the screams and pleas had told her anything.

She looked up at Raider again, staring at his back as he watched the other ship. She was terrified, confused, and in shock. Her legs had little scratches all over them and stung, but she didn't really feel it.

"Raider? Raider? I know of a place to hide. On the other side of the island."

Her voice was small, the woman who had stood up to him before seemed to have been replaced by someone frightened. She also knew it, but she couldn't seem to stop the fear from consuming her. This was her home and it was once peaceful. Now, once again, her world was being torn apart. She knew she needed to take control, fight for her home, but the explosions around her and the screams of death, on top of Raider and his crew finding her and then the other sailors, had taken their toll on her. She had no clue how to deal with this anymore and she wasn't sure she wanted to. All she knew was she wouldn't leave Raider and his crew to deal with it alone. She knew where to hide and if they would let her, she could help them.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:25 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Max_art_bg

Babe had finished helping the deckhands pull in the main sail, the She Wolf had made fast work of the French Vessel, what was left of it rolled to one side and slipped into the surf.

Captain Anne ordered her men to get to the rowers and finish off any man who survived the sinking of the ship, her men did this with gusto. The men rowed through the debris and scattered bodies killing anyone who still drew a breath and gathering up anything of value that had not yet slipped into the drink.

The sail's in Missus, the fight is ours...you win again Cap'n Anne.
Babe was grinning like a kid as he addressed his captain, he admired the woman, her skill as a sailor and her black heart as it pertained to anyone that she saw as an enemy.

No prisoners today I suppose Missus, same as any other day. If ye fancy a trip on the sand I would be tickled to go along Cap'n.
Babe watched her for a moment, she studied the carnage that was before her vessel through her looking glass, she watched the water and the beach for a few moments before she turned her attention back to him.

What was she looking for through the glass? What was she searching these dangerous seas for? Babe thought that it could not simply be wealth for the She Wolf had commandeered a lot of spices, silver and gold as of late. It was not his place to ask Captain Anne such things but theses questions persisted in the big man's mind.

What'll it be Missus? What are your orders?
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:59 am

Anne listened to Babe’s thick, Irish accent as she surveyed what was left of the British occupied French vessel. Other than Captain Raider, the French and British were tops on her list of despised enemies and she gladly drove them to Davey Jones locker any chance she got. They may be commissioned by their countries and fly their flags but the things these “educated” sailors did was nothing different than what she did. The only difference was they were able to do it legally.

Babe had been with her for damn near 12 years now, longer than any other crew member, and she knew she could rely on him for anything at anytime. More than once he had her back in many a fight on land and at sea. Besides the fact he taught her how to fight as well as any man, he taught her how to wield her rapier as though it was an extension of her own arm and not some cold, metal object held in her hand. He was older, yes, but when Anne heard him talk like this and saw that twinkle in his eyes, she was reminded just how youthful his mind still was and she couldn’t help but give him a bright smile as she laughed.

“Babe, me boyo, I believe a good walk with sand between me toes would do me heart a world o’good. Besides…how am I spose to deny ye when ye look so eager t’go ashore, hm?”

Anne’s own Irish accent sounding much like that of her Man at Arms. Seeing the broader smile he sported, revealing his gold tooth, she chuckled again.

“Have th’crew take th’bodies out beyond th’ship so th’current drags ‘em away. I dun wanna smell th’stench or worry about sharks eyeing me crew as meals. Besides…I like th’look o’ th’clear water minus th’blood.”

Lowering her looking glass, Anne set the device down on the ledge near the ships wheel, ready to be used at a moments notice. As she watched her crew working as one being, making sure the bounty they just retrieved from the destroyed ship, securing rigging and folding the sails and tying them down she gave a intake of air and nodded. She was proud of these men who served under her. It wasn’t easy for them at first but when they saw she wasn’t your typical woman at sea, they soon realized the only thing that separated her from them was her gender. She thought, fought and talked like a man but there was no doubt she was very secure in her femininity not bothering to hide the fact she was a woman from anyone. In fact, they learned, she took joy in letting her enemies know they had been defeated by a woman.

Looking back over at Babe once more, Anne nodded and smiled.

“I be goin’ to change inta somethin’ more land appropriate. The newest members o’th’crew stay aboard and keep watch. No one stays on th’island overnight. I wanna be ready t’heave as soon as th’tide hits its full depth.”

Anne glanced at the island once more as her smile faded. It had been a good long while since she’d been to these islands and while they seemed to look the same, she couldn’t shake the feeling there was something definitely different about them now.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:06 am

Raider 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai14 lowered the spyglass from his eye and dropped down below a fallen palm tree trunk. "Bloody 'ell," he muttered "Of all tha ports, taverns an wretched islands between Portsmith an Hong Kong she has ta seek out this rock. This wretched rock an me without 'The Bill Of Rights'. Tis never a day that be goes by 'tween now an judgment day that I be reminded of this day. "
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 am

Babe had his orders, he spun on his heels and began shouting at the men on deck.

Alright ye scabby brats, ye heard the Missus, get some nets and ropes and move the dead out beyond the ship. I don't want teh see one royal uniform in the surf at sundown. Move you!

At Babe's words the men aboard jumped to action, they quickly gathered up what they needed to clear the surf of any uniformed dead men. Babe went to find Yellow Pete, so called for his jaundiced skin and bad oral hygiene. Yellow Pete was down below resetting the cannon bank, he stiffened up at attention when babe came below deck.

Evening Babe... Peter croaked, a smoking pipe between his lips.

Peter me boy the Missus wants teh have a walk on the sand, I'll be going along. I need yer sharp eyes teh watch after the She Wolf while we're having our fun.

Aye Babe, sure enough I'll watch her. Me and the boys will finish reloading these lot and get above.
Peter struck a wooden match and held it to his pipe as he went back to his work.

Babe weaved his way through the Wolf's decks and entered his quarters, they were small and modest but at least the Captain did not make him sleep in a bunk with the rest of the men in the open hold.

Babe pulled his gray jacket from a peg off the wall, it had a homemade patch with the Wolf's colors and the Wolf's head at it's shoulders. Babe slipped a pistol into his belt and a small horn of powder. Last but not least Babe slipped his Irish Torc necklace around his neck. The necklace was thick silver and was designed to look like a silver rope with knots at the end, Babe wore the open side facing out just beneath his sruffy chin.

Babe then went back above deck to await the Captain. A stiff breeze was blowing longways across the She Wolf as Babe came back topside.

Babe's gray/blue eyes watched the water and then he studied the small islands in front of them.
O, this wind is blowing full of mischief, methinks that we'll find fun by the barrel on shore...
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 am

Anne took the time to change into a pair of cut off pants that covered half way down her thighs and a light t-shirt she tied a large knot in at the waist. The tattoo she sported on her right shoulder was the silhouette of a wolfs head almost identical to the one on the Wolf’s flag. It differed from the tattoo on her left breast as it did not have the wolf head in a heart. Tucking her pistol into the wide belt that helped hold her pants up, she left her rapier hanging on the peg on the wall for now. Knowing between her, Babe and the others going ashore, there would be plenty of fire power should they come across something hostile.

Opening a small jewelry box she removed a delicate silver chain that held a Celtic knot charm on the end of it. Proud of her Irish roots, she slid the chain around her neck and locked the clasp into place. The charm rested comfortably at the top of the valley between her ample bosom. Smiling and bringing the charm to her lips and kissing it gently, she uttered something under her breath in her native Gaelic language before turning and leaving her quarters. Her feet bare and her hair free from hat and scarf, she emerged from below decks looking more like one of her crew than the ships Captain.

Squinting as her eyes adjusted to the bright light of the sun, she found Babe the instant she set foot on deck. His massive size made it easy for her to spot him. Giving him a mischievous smile, she crossed the deck with a graceful ease and joined him near the rope ladder that would take them to the waiting shore boat.

Looking out at the island Babe was looking at, Anne spoke softly to him in their native language like she always did when she needed to discuss things with him in private and didn’t have the time to get to her quarters. Besides, she liked the way it made the others nervous making them think they were discussing their futures on board the She Wolf…or lack there of.

”Today is a good day for some fun. Don’t you think, Babe? We’ve sent the stinking Brits to permanent homes at the bottom of the sea, rewarded ourselves with a good booty and are taking a few hours of shore leave on a tropical paradise. So this will be the first test of our newest crew members to see if they can live up to our standards.”

Taking a deep breath of the sea air, Anne turned her back to the island and looked out over the ship and crew before she turned her dark gaze to Babe. Her eyes strayed to the chain and knot he wore that was a larger version of her own. Reaching out she let her finger caress the silver knot then looked into his eyes with a serious gaze.

”Let’s hope we don’t have to send them to join the uniforms we just sent out to sea. I’m running out of places to seek new crew members that don’t run with their tail ‘tween their legs. I take it ye left Yellow Pete in charge while we’re gone.”

It was more of a statement than a question and when Anne saw the nod Babe gave her, she nodded as well then turned to look back at the island.

”I hope he doesn’t let us down. He’s damn good with those cannons. Not near as good as you, but good enough for now. Of course I won’t be gone from our Wolf too long. I don’t trust her to no one but me…and you.”

Looking down at the boat waiting for them, Anne tapped her slender fingers on the boats side rails. Taking a deep breath, she reverted to English.

”Last one to the boat is a petty coat wearin’, scurvy ridden whore.”

As she said those words she began shimming over the side of the boat and taking to the rope ladder like a monkey to a vine. Babe would give her a run for her money, though. He sported a massive frame but he could move as quick if not quicker than she could.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Raider 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai15 looked at Meggie and said quietly. "Ye be gitin' the others ta the safety of the otherside of the island. Send Mr. O'Hara back ta me here. We be joynin ye by sundown, ye keep a weather eye out for us, lass." He then rolled over and brought the glass to his eye. Through it he saw Captain Anne cross the deck and climb over the side. "Damn that woman be the fairest Lass ta walk a quarter deck." he thought then reminded himself of just how much fury could be held in that angelic female form. " A typhoon be far easier ta handle than tha rath of that woman. This be takin' some gifted parleing Raider me boy, right powerful negotiating indeed." he said to himself as he fingered the ruby amarite on the hilt of his sword.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:22 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie stood up, watching Raider, not understanding how he could be so calm after what had just happened, but she couldn't ponder on that.

Turning, she hurried down the hill and ran to the cave where everyone was hiding. She explained what had happened and that they needed to get to the other side of the island to another of her caves, only this one had multiple tunnels to hide in. Looking at Bryn, she told her how to get there and what tunnels to use to get deep inside the cave to where she had her living quarters there as well. Then she grabbed a spear and two more daggers, hollering at Mr. O'Hara to follow her back to Raider.

Once she got back there, she saw Raider's look of anger when he saw her with Mr. O'Hara, her own glare matching his.

"Bryn knows how to get to the cave and what has happened. I am here to help you for you do not know how to get to the cave."
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Raider 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai16 ,glared at Meggie for a moment, the said quietly "Aye, ye be needin ta learn ta follow orders lass. But yur help is welcomed. For now we wait an watch, Meggie find a roost and keep a weather eye. Mr. O'Hara come with me." Raider and O'Hara crawled off to a rock out cropping with a gap between the two boulders, giving them an unobstruted view of the beach below. They were hidden from the beach by a cluster of coconut palms. Raider handed the glass to O'Hara and pointed to the long boat rowing towards the shore. Mr. O'Hara looked through the glass and instantly recognized Captain Anne Bonney and her Masters at Arms Babe. Lowering the glass from his eye Mr. O'Hara looked at Raider and grinned "Well now Captain that be right interesting that be." Raider just looked at his first mate and said "Aye interesting indeed."
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:38 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Bryn04

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Atien

Atien, Bryn and the others heard the explosions in the distance. Immediately several crew members went to investigate and after seeing what happened, they came scrambling back to the cave giving a report. It was debated among those there if they should leave and seek shelter elsewhere or wait for the Captain to return. It was unanimous to wait for the Captain, of course.

When Meggie came busting into the cave announcing what took place and for Mr. O’Hara to join him, Bryn gave Atien a concerned look that the large African shared in kind. While so far no one knew what the ship was that attacked the vessel anchored just off shore, they all knew it wasn’t a pleasant sight to behold in the aftermath.

While Bryn’s foot was still sore, the swelling had gone down a good bit. With Atien’s help she got to her feet and stretched her legs. It had been a while since she was on her feet and she felt a little dizzy. Thankfully the large African was there to help steady her. Giving him a small smile of thanks, she hobbled over to the cave entrance and peered outside.

As Meggie and Mr. O’Hara made their way back to the Captain, Bryn and Atien knew the others would have to take as much as they could shoulder and carry it with them to the other cave. With Evangeline, Roubin’s and Erwin’s help, Bryn, Atien and the rest of Raiders crew took all they could with them as they started making their way to the cave Meggie had given instructions to find.

From time to time everyone looked over their shoulder in case who ever was on that ship had made land and was scouting out the island. The last thing any of them wanted was to be caught off guard and ill prepared. It was bad enough they all felt like it anyway.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:01 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie didn't know what a 'weather eye' was but she had an idea, so she positioned herself to watch for any suspicious movement in the brush. She was still bristling over what Raider had said about her following orders. She'd been living here, by herself, for ten years and he wanted her to follow orders. She was beginning to think he had a problem with this order thing. But, then again, she reminded herself, he may not know the island, but he knew something about these people that keep showing up.

Meggie sat still, not moving a muscle when she saw something or someone moving in the brush about 100 yards away. Looking back at Raider and Mr. O'Hara, she figured they were too busy to be bothered and decided to go check it out herself. Slinking away quietly, she stayed at a crouch, her spear in her left hand and a dagger in her right.

Mr. O'Hara had turned to check on her when he saw her slink off towards the movement in the brush. Tapping Cap'n on the shoulder he whispered to him.

"Tha' lass is trouble, Cap'n. She 'as a mind o' her own, she does."

He pointed to where the movement was, then pointed to Meggie's auburn hair as she stayed at a crouch, moving silently before she disappeared into the thick jungle.

He was worried as he too had seen the movement and saw that that was where Meggie was headed. He couldn't tell if it was animal or man, he hoped it was animal when he saw the bright scarf covered head of a sailor.

"Damn, Cap'n. Ye ha' ta rein in the lass or she git herself kilt or worse. But, I've a feelin' it would be like tryin' to harness the wind, it would be."
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Not wanting to be the "petty coat wearin' scurvy ridden whore" Babe launched his considerable girth over the side of the She Wolf. Babe was not bothering with the ladder today, he dropped feet first like a stone thundering onto the rowboat below. At the exact same time Babe landed, the Captain landed too. The smaller boat rocked violently as the two struck the wooden planks, the men who were manning the oars struggled to hold the small vessel steady.

Hah Cap'n I thought I had ye this time! Babe shifted on his feet as the boat rocked to and fro grinning from ear to ear. As the men rowed and the boat moved away from the she wolf Babe watched the waters. Many of the She Wolf's crew were in the shallows gathering up the dead Brits and moving them out to sea.

As they passed some of the dead Royal Marines Babe spat into the water.

Only good redcoat is a dead one... Babe said in Irish Gaelic. Anyone watching the big man as he spoke these words (even though only Anne could understand them) would see a very serious look on the big man's face, that usually sunny smile was gone for the moment. Babe Kelly hated the British, especially his majesty's royal navy. The big man's smile returned shortly as he once again addressed his Captain.

It was nice of ye to move these dogs out to sea after we murdered the lot of them Cap'n, tis more than they deserve says I.

Last edited by SubBear on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 am

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie saw the sailor as she crouched down behind some brush. He looked shell shocked, dirty, with a few scrapes on his face. He was headed towards the beach where she knew he'd be killed, but there was nothing she could do about it. When he was finally out of sight, she headed quietly back to the hill, seeing the glares from Raider and O'Hara.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

She glared back at them, her green eyes flashing. She had no idea what was wrong with these two men, but she had a feeling that she was going to find out. Shrugging her shoulders at both of them, she sat back down where she'd been before, keeping watch for any other suspicious movement.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm

When Babe’s large frame landed in the boat and set the smaller vessel rocking to and fro, Anne spread her feet apart, shoulder width, and let her legs absorb the motion of the boat. Grinning as broadly as Babe was, she laughed lightly and clapped the large Irishman on the upper arm.

“Babe, me bucko, th’day I best ye on Jacobs Ladder will most likely be th’day they send me t’meet Davey Jones ‘imself. Other than that lanky African, Matumbo, ain’t nobody faster’n ye.”

As the men started rowing for the shore, Anne, like Babe, stood up in the center of the boat and observed the men making good work of the dead bodies as they cast nets and ropes around them to haul them past the surf and into the tidal waters off the island.

Anne spat in the water as well where the bodies were as well and uttered what was surely a curse in her native Gaelic under her breath. When Babe made his statement about the redcoats, Anne nodded in agreement. Like him, she used their native language right now to talk to him again.

”Aye. I don’t think I could ever kill enough of those slimy bastards. Nothing but hired guns working for that coward of a King. And they say we’re the blood thirsty ones. May the Devil take them all t’hell with him.”

As Babe turned his smile on once more, Anne looked at the clearing shore line just beyond the breaking waves and took in another deep breath of air. Reverting to English once more as she talked to Babe.

”I would ten t’agree with ya on that, Babe. But they stink bad ‘nough when they be living. I dinna want to find out what they smells like when they be bloated and rottin’. ‘Sides….me crew is short handed ‘nough already. I dunna needs any of ‘em getting ate up by hungry sea creatures. Not like I c’n go get new crew members on this here island now, can I?”

The sea wind blowing onto the shore helped guide the shore boat easily over the churning surf as the waves broke close to shore. Anne’s long, straight hair whipped about her face making it difficult to see the features plainly but there was no doubt her eyes surveying all aspects of the island as they approached.

Before the boat made it to shore, she and Babe jumped into the surf to more or less walk the rest of the way. The water was up to her knees and as the waves came by would reach to her thighs but no higher. She and Babe dared not take the chance of getting their guns wet for fear they wouldn’t fire, or worse yet, misfire, and explode in their hands.

The water was cool but not as cold as one would expect. This close to the equator allowed for the water temp to remain a steady temperature all year. So while it was snowing and blowing back home in Ireland, they were warm and balmy here on this tropical island.

The soft, white sand felt good under Anne’s bare feet and she enjoyed walking along the surf for a few minutes while the boat rowed the rest of the way to shore. As soon as the boat touched land, she helped the others move it further up the beach line and pulled the tethering rope far enough up to tie around a lone palm tree.

The six rowers fanned out and began to slowly comb the immediate beach area. It didn’t take long for the crew to stumble upon the lone survivor of the French ship. While he made a half hearted attempt to hide, he was still in quite a bit of shock and didn’t do a very good job of it.

Instantly Babe and Anne drew their guns and were ready for a fight but when they saw it was a single sailor, Anne slowly released the trigger holding the hammer with her thumb to prevent from discharging the weapon. Babe still held his gun at the ready just in case, of course.

As the sailor was brought to Anne and Babe, he begged for his life swearing he would be a good crew member for her if she would just take him on. Anne let him plead his case for a moment but when he turned on his crew calling them every foul name in the book, that’s when she drew the line.

Walking to the man as he stood, held between two of her crew men, she looked as though she were about to not only grant his with but make him a very, very happy crew man indeed. He even smiled slightly thinking he was about to be giving the chance to prove himself.

Anne leaned forward like she was going to whisper in his ear but instead she drew the dagger of the sailor to her left and brought it up to the mans throat. Instantly the man knew his life was about to end, but he didn’t realize just how. Until he heard Anne’s quiet, cold words. Gone was the pirate slang she used most of the time. Instead she spoke with a disquieting clarity in her Irish accented voice. The man took on a look of utter terror and pissed his pants as he stood there, trembling before the female Captain as he heard her talk.

”Any crew man who turns tail so quickly on his dead mates is not worth a spit of water. You disgust me with your pitiful pleas. You aren’t fit to sail on the She Wolf. Or any sea worthy vessel for that matter. I’m not going to kill you….out right. But I’m not going to let you stay on this island, either.”

Taking a couple of steps back away from him and standing next to Babe once more, Anne nodded towards the shore line.

”Take the limey bastard out t’sea with the rest of ‘is crew. Let him see how long it takes for the sharks to find some food worthy of a good fight.”

As the men started dragging him away, the man screamed and begged once more for his life, but his words fell on deaf ears. Anne turned to watch as the man was dragged into the surf, kicking and screaming the whole way. Seeing how much trouble he was being for her crew, Anne clicked her tongue in a frustrated manner and pulled up her gun to take aim with her right hand. Just as she closed her left eye to draw a bead on the man, she snapped her eye back open and looked over at Babe, letting a slow grin ease over her face as she slowly lowered her pitstol once more.

”Babe…..be me guest.”
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Babe lifted his pistol to his shoulder height, his broad arm was arrow straight now. He gently squeezed the trigger on his custom, over sized pistol and shot the British sailor dead. The man instantly went limp and quiet, no more pleading, no more of his cowardice.

E stands with the devil now Missus, 'im and all his mates. Hell must seem crowded today Cap'n Anne.

Babe held his pistol high for a second after he shot, truth be told he liked the smell of the powder and the smoke. The big man drew in a long breath.

Kin ye smell that Anne?, it smells truly fine to me like roses or fresh baked cake or biscuits.

Babe dropped his arm back to his side laughing as he slipped his pistol back into his belt. Babe nodded to the crewmen who were holding the corpse of the Brit.

Haul this slag outta sea with the rest boys...

Aye mister Kelly.. The men said as they hauled the body away.

As Babe walked with the captain he felt a little off, a little clumsy.
Cap'n how long has it been since we came ashore...anywhere? Babe was getting his land legs back quickly as he walked along the white sand in stride With the Captain. As he thought on his question he found it a difficult one, how long had they been at sea at this turn? 18 months? 20 months? The time had slipped by as the She Wolf prowled the seas from The Kings Island to Spain, they had been at this for a long stretch this time. Babe had thought often that this time seemed different, Captain Anne was more driven on this run. Babe grinned nice and wide as he thought about their adventures together all these months, the many run ins with the French, the British Navy, various other Privateers and the Spanish King's puny ships. All of them sat at the bottom of the world now, full of salt water and shattered bones.

That warm wind was blowing strong again as the Master at Arms walked beside his captain, his eyes scoured the beach for any other redcoat dogs hiding in the dunes.

Last edited by SubBear on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

Raider 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai17 glared at Meggie "Ye clapped yur eyes on that? That be yur fate or worse if ye don't follow orders. That be Captain Anne Bonnie an she just as soon cut ye throat as give ye safe passage. Savy?"
Raider then added, barely audable "Be in a foul mood she be if she claps eyes of yurs truely, I'll wager. This be takin a fair amount of a silver tounge and a bobble ta sweeten the pie, I'll wager." Mr. O'Hara just smiled faintly as he surmizerd just what bobble Raider would tangle in front of Captain Anne's eyes.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:56 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie watched as the big man on the beach shot the sailor she'd been watching without so much as a 'by your leave'. When Raider spoke to her in a furious tone, glaring at her, she glared right back. She was getting tired of these orders of his and was ready to take her chances elsewhere on the island. She had a feeling that he probably wouldn't mind one bit.

Standing, she looked at him, her face now blank. She knew these people were dangerous but she was strong willed and unfortunately, naive. When she spoke to him, her voice was a sharp whisper, only loud enough for him and O'Hara to hear.

"I will leave you to your lookout, Captain. I am going to scout the island, make sure that the others made it safely to my other cave. Do you have a problem with that or should I wait until you make it an order?"

Meggie was scared, confused, and tired. She did not like feeling responsible for Raider and his crew, even though technically she wasn't, but she didnt' see it like that. She still saw this as her island....her home and ever since she'd seen Raider it seemed like it was constantly being invaded now. When the ship she'd been on had gone down and she'd been washed up here on this island all those years ago, her whole world had come crumbling down. She had survived here, made it her home, defended it to the best of her ability...but most importantly, she'd survived. Now, it seemed like her world was crumbling down around her again and she was dealing with it in the only way she knew how. She knew Raider didn't understand, but she was past caring. All she knew was that she needed to get away...somewhere where she was safe again.....where there wasn't the threat of being harmed by another person. She'd been alone for so long that that in itself was another problem for her. She didn't know how to interact with Bryn, Atien, Raider or the others.

When Raider would look into her green eyes this time, he would see the fear and uncertainity, but he would also see her courage, determination, and stubborness.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:21 pm

"Aye, off with ye." 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Captai19 Raider said
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:01 pm

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 April_10Meggie was hurt by Raider's abruptness, but she didn't let it show. She simply turned and headed down the hill, making no noise whatsoever. It took her a little bit, for she was also making sure that the group hadn't been followed, but she finally made it to the cave. Entering, she let them know it was her before she walked inside, having to go in about 50 yards, through twists and turns before finally getting to the main cave where she had what she needed to survive.

Making sure they all had what they needed, she checked her food stash of nuts, grabbed two water bladders handing on the wall of the cave and a small basket.

"Miss Bryn, I am going to go collect more fresh water and fruit as I don't know how long we are going to be here. I will keep a lookout for the bad ones, so don't worry. Just stay here and I will be back."

Not giving her a chance to reply, she headed out towards the other small pond filled with fresh water fed by an underground stream. On her way, she picked a various assortment of fruits, from starfruits to persimmons to dates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites   1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1. Captain Raider and the Curse of the Amarites
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: The Treasure Hunters-
Jump to: